NATION

PASSWORD

NS WCC Interest & sign up [Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

NS WCC Interest & sign up [Open]

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Aug 31, 2026 5:25 am

NationStates War Criminal Court


This is to gain interest in a war criminal court that will be hosted provisionally in Geneva, my capital. I say provisionally because if someone can propose a better location and justification for the Court then I’m open to it. The main basis for the Court will be the recent War Crimes Convention passed by the WA, as well as an operational document for standards which we’re calling the Geneva Statute for now.
(Similar to the Rome Statute that the real ICC adheres to). I have listed both IC personnel and actions that need to happen to make this work, some are blank pending some discussion. Some of what I have deemed 'essential', may not end up being so.


Important:
If you think this is absurd, and refuse to be any part of RP that involves the WA whether you are a member or not, or just want to post something negative, and in no way constructive - simply don't, and scroll on by. No need to spam up this thread. We get it, you're against it. Tell all your friends how you feel about it, but not here.

This is your official upfront warning that your shitposting is not wanted here, and will be mod-request deleted. Repeated unwanted posting will mean you are intentionally acting in bad faith after you were warned because you didn't bother to read this OP, and your first post was deleted.
All others - Please don’t respond to any such posts if you are participating because the responses will be more mess to request to be removed along with the original posts.


Essential IC personnel
Judges - Self-explanatory. I think that there will be at least a panel of 3 on each trial, but we will need more than just 3 to rotate and keep fresh.
Jurists
None. No juries. Trial by judicial panel only.
Counsel
Office of the WCC Counsel (?)
Prosecutors, but they may be appointed as defense in pretrial and investigation proceedings until, and unless a defendant finds their own counsel.
I'm thinking if they haven't lined up defense counsel by the main trial, they're on their own.
Witnesses & Accusers
Again, pretty self-explanatory. There will need to be substantial evidence, documented atrocities, and affidavits. Some adequate combination.
Security
While defendants are in detention in my nation, they will be guarded by NEDM-DGC, the most elite soldiers of my nation, along with other security measures performed by Pine Park, the internal security service branch of the National Gendarmerie that handles counter-intelligence, and major criminal investigations, as well. Defendants will be held in undisclosed maximum security facilities. All contingent on myself being the host nation of the Court.
Other Staff, aides, researchers/paralegals
Probably not worth naming or RPing out, but I could be wrong.

Essential Functions or The Process
Pre-trial/investigation
Warrants for arrest
Apprehension
Like the RL ICC, participant nations may be asked to execute warrants. In other words, apprehend suspects in compliant nations, and even hostile nations. Unlike RL, pursuit won't end until every avenue is exhausted to bring suspects to the Court upon indictment. This includes hiring private contractors to step in if national paramilitary forces are not available to send in snatch teams.

RL ICC waits years for suspects to be arrested, and eventually holds trials in absentia. Quite often, the criminals live comfortably, even after sentenced in absentia, if a little travel restricted, or they die and the case is closed. We're not going to do that.

Also, it is really difficult to bring concerted economic sanctions against host nations of suspects in NS, due to the previous mentioned lack of trust or respect in authority of the WA, and no other unifying body that could bring the scope of sanctions against a host nation of a suspect across RP regions. Not that we couldn't try, but it doesn't seem like it will be effective. Open for positive constructive discussion, as is the rest.

Subpoenas
Gathering Witnesses/Experts Both these and the subpoenas will rely heavily on assistance from players involved.

Trial
Verdicts
Sentencing
Life imprisonment max. I propose that, depending on severity, all assets owned by the guilty are seized and split between restitution for surviving victims, the Court to cover costs on ongoing trials and future operating costs, and defense fees.
Detention
Not sure if I want to keep a max security long term prison in my nation for others to target. A short term jail before and during trial will need to be located near the Court, but I am sure we will find a willing volunteer who will relish this task to hold convicts serving out their sentences.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Aug 31, 2026 5:26 am

Important links (some I posted earlier):
War Crimes Convention
The Rome Statute
NS PMC Guild (Security & Apprehension)
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Aug 31, 2026 5:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Aug 31, 2026 5:27 am

Personnel Application


Code: Select all
[b]Full name of individual:[/b]
[b]Nationality (if different than from nation posting):[/b]
[b]Position (Check one box)[/b]
[ ] Judge
[ ] Counsel
[ ] Staffer
[ ] Other (please explain in detail)
[b]Qualifications:(Courts served, law license)[/b]
[b]Background (Age, experience, brief relevant history - not full life story)[/b]


* Please note that candidate must possess a full judicial or legal history and licensure to be considered.




Signatory Nation


Code: Select all
I, [REPLACE WITH NATIONAL REPRESENTATIVE], do hereby affirm that my nation, [REPLACE WITH NATION FULL NAME], will join the Assembly of WCC Nations. We shall abide by both the [url=https://www.nationstates.net/page=WA_past_resolution/id=6/council=3]WA War Criminal Convention[/url], and the Geneva Statute by which the War Criminal Court shall operate, and will support the Court in its pursuit of justice for all war criminals indicted by said Court, as well as justice for the victims. This includes providing any relevant information regarding suspects, whether they are currently in our territory or not.

Furthermore, should any individual indicted by the Court be found on the territory of our nation, they will be apprehended and extradited to the Court. We shall also support any Court deputized forces, acting under its authority, sent to apprehend such an individual in or near our territory.  [REPLACE WITH NATION FULL NAME] will accept and abide by any sanctions levied by the Court against a non-compliant state or political entity.


* Note that whether or not you are in the WA, and whether or not you agree with all its legislation, by posting the above, you are agreeing to abide by this specific resolution, GA Resolution #6, and cooperate with the Court in its judicial enforcement of the Convention. Also, that the Geneva Statute (Placeholder name) is not yet fully written out, but you agree to the concept of such a statute for the Court in order to have operational guidelines.

** Take extra note that these applications are still works heavily in process, as is the organization, and subject to future changes.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:37 am, edited 3 times in total.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
RPD Culiacan
Bureaucrat
 
Posts: 49
Founded: May 05, 2024
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby RPD Culiacan » Mon Aug 31, 2026 1:34 pm

We look forward to seeing this develop; the Culiácano state will support and participate in this endeavor.
The Democratic People's Republic of Culiácan|La Republica Popular Democratica de Culiácan
Capital: Carabanchel×Demonym: Culiacanan×Trigram CUL×Population: 52.7 Million×Tech Level: Early Post-Modern
35/M/United States×He/Him×Disabled×Editor×Writer×Social Democrat


☭☭☭A Citizen of the Noble Region of Teremara☭☭☭


"History does not long entrust the care of freedom to the weak or the timid."— Gen. Dwight D. Eisenhower (1890-1969)

I consider myself to be an egalitarian and individualist champion of conservation and environemntal issues, LGBTQ+ acceptance and social democracy.
I am a member of the Democratic Party (United States) and a supporter of the Democratic Socialists of America, the Green Party, and the Justice Democrats.

Political Compass Results: -6.0, -4.51

User avatar
Castille de Italia
Minister
 
Posts: 2642
Founded: Mar 22, 2012
Father Knows Best State

Postby Castille de Italia » Mon Aug 31, 2026 3:40 pm

As I expressed my interest and hope for this to get off the ground in the RP Think Tank, I would be glad to offer up one of my country's war criminals that was deposed IC ~20 years ago (OOC roughly 10 years ago), who I have yet to RP being tried and convicted in Castillian courts.

Before the Castillian Federation was the Castillian National Socialist State, or the Socialistenatètat Castillia, which was a totalitarian genocidal regime. The former leader, John Oswald Vaughn, was handed over to Castillian authorities OOC 9 years ago. This article also provides some context about what happened and where the nation is now compared to under that regime.

That being said, ICly, Castillia could demonstrate its commitment to this endeavor by offering up our most hated war criminal in custody, in hopes that other states would be amenable to executing justice for the greater good of the international order.

In terms of OOC logistics of this organization, I have no issues with it being in Geneva. However, I will mention that The Macabees has a puppet nation named Nova Orontes, a small city-state that serves as the home of the Greater Dienstad Regional Council. If we wanted to find a more objective, neutral-minded home for this organization, that can be another option.

I will say though that I do dislike the mention of "NationStates" in the IC formal organization name, and would prefer it being named "International War Criminal Court" or tribunal or something of that nature. Just a small nitpick.
The Castillian Federation | La Fédération Castillia
Fraternité sous notre Fédération

M.E. | IIWiki | Dramatis Personae | CDPEC | Pan Dien | Deep Throat | Under Marianne's Banner

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7804
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Aug 31, 2026 4:25 pm

Tbh I'd rather we define our own laws to enforce than use one from an organization nobody cares about, no offence.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience.
Q&A here
You're just my type and I like your style =)

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Aug 31, 2026 5:21 pm

Castille de Italia wrote:As I expressed my interest and hope for this to get off the ground in the RP Think Tank, I would be glad to offer up one of my country's war criminals that was deposed IC ~20 years ago (OOC roughly 10 years ago), who I have yet to RP being tried and convicted in Castillian courts.

Before the Castillian Federation was the Castillian National Socialist State, or the Socialistenatètat Castillia, which was a totalitarian genocidal regime. The former leader, John Oswald Vaughn, was handed over to Castillian authorities OOC 9 years ago. This article also provides some context about what happened and where the nation is now compared to under that regime.

That being said, ICly, Castillia could demonstrate its commitment to this endeavor by offering up our most hated war criminal in custody, in hopes
that other states would be amenable to executing justice for the greater good of the international order.


I'm going to work on apps soon and you can be the first to submit one. Sounds like Vaughn is a good candidate for an indictment.
At this point we need the staff to investigate and try him.

Castille de Italia wrote:In terms of OOC logistics of this organization, I have no issues with it being in Geneva. However, I will mention that The Macabees has a puppet nation named Nova Orontes, a small city-state that serves as the home of the Greater Dienstad Regional Council. If we wanted to find a more objective, neutral-minded home for this organization, that can be another option.


For the very reasons you're saying, I think that this might be an argument against having the Court hosted in GD. I think there might be a very strong chance that we would be risking the Court being partially, or wholly co-opted by one region. There's a lot of preliminary interest so far from Dienstad, and I think that's great. I feel like it might be seen as a branch of the GDRC, or somehow a Dienstadi thing instead of a multi-regional organization.
I realize that the same might be leveled against Teremara, but there has to be an IC location somewhere. I sense that there will be far less Teremaran war criminals in comparison to some other RP regions.


Castille de Italia wrote:I will say though that I do dislike the mention of "NationStates" in the IC formal organization name, and would prefer it being named "International War Criminal Court" or tribunal or something of that nature. Just a small nitpick.


I will take your opinion under advisement.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7804
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Mon Aug 31, 2026 8:39 pm

One more thing, what are the considerations for where the HQ should be?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience.
Q&A here
You're just my type and I like your style =)

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Sep 03, 2026 8:32 pm

From the RP Think Tank sticky, I moved it to here so as not to jack that thread:

Neu Engollon wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:The Guild was on hiatus, we're in talks to get it more active. You are not a part of the Guild, so no, you wouldn't know. I am not sure what you think the purpose should be as you are only pointing out what you don't like about everything I have suggested without suggesting alternatives, here and in the thread.


The idea is an international court with a multinational police, protecting the rights of innocents across multiple universes. I just think replacing the staunch defenders of justice with soldiers who fight for their own greed would be inappropriate, no?


I don't see contractors as any more problematic than a paramilitary police force run by the Court, which would likely not be popular or trusted.
Contractors can be deputized and hired as needed, won't have to be quartered and maintained as a standing paramilitary force, and likely won't have qualms about operating where they don't have legal jurisdiction like a Court appointed multi-national police force might balk at operating in nations who aren't signatories to the Statute. And if a police force doesn't have qualms about operating out of their jurisdiction, are they really even a proper police force, or are they just a bunch of hired guns that are fast and loose with the laws... in which case, would they not just be...mercenaries?

Also, they wouldn't be the first option when a signatory nation could and would volunteer their own top tier operators. Reminder, this is about apprehension of suspects, not enforcers of peace. See the OP again.

A m e n r i a wrote:Tbh I'd rather we define our own laws to enforce than use one from an organization nobody cares about, no offence.


Are you volunteering to step up and write a whole new charter of laws and processes from scratch?

A m e n r i a wrote:One more thing, what are the considerations for where the HQ should be?


I came up with the idea, I pictured the structure in my capital, so I tailored it around that.
Again, what is your alternate option? Obviously, if you're reading along, you know these considerations were made.

I would like to steer this back to constructive suggestions that progress this forward. If you don't feel this proposed RP idea works for you on so many levels, then again, I refer you to the OP.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Fri Sep 04, 2026 8:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7804
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Sat Sep 05, 2026 12:37 am

Neu Engollon wrote:From the RP Think Tank sticky, I moved it to here so as not to jack that thread:

Neu Engollon wrote:
The idea is an international court with a multinational police, protecting the rights of innocents across multiple universes. I just think replacing the staunch defenders of justice with soldiers who fight for their own greed would be inappropriate, no?


I don't see contractors as any more problematic than a paramilitary police force run by the Court, which would likely not be popular or trusted.
Contractors can be deputized and hired as needed, won't have to be quartered and maintained as a standing paramilitary force, and likely won't have qualms about operating where they don't have legal jurisdiction like a Court appointed multi-national police force might balk at operating in nations who aren't signatories to the Statute. And if a police force doesn't have qualms about operating out of their jurisdiction, are they really even a proper police force, or are they just a bunch of hired guns that are fast and loose with the laws... in which case, would they not just be...mercenaries?

Also, they wouldn't be the first option when a signatory nation could and would volunteer their own top tier operators. Reminder, this is about apprehension of suspects, not enforcers of peace. See the OP again.

A m e n r i a wrote:Tbh I'd rather we define our own laws to enforce than use one from an organization nobody cares about, no offence.


Are you volunteering to step up and write a whole new charter of laws and processes from scratch?

A m e n r i a wrote:One more thing, what are the considerations for where the HQ should be?


I came up with the idea, I pictured the structure in my capital, so I tailored it around that.
Again, what is your alternate option? Obviously, if you're reading along, you know these considerations were made.

I would like to steer this back to constructive suggestions that progress this forward. If you don't feel this proposed RP idea works for you on so many levels, then again, I refer you to the OP.


Honestly, it would be fun if we came together and write up our own charter. Let's start a discord server where we can discuss ideas. Many Amenrian nobles IC are advocates of sentient rights who would want their attitude of different species, races, religions, and ethnicities living in harmony to be spread off world, plus the their ideas on honour and containing/subduing threats that harm the multi verse as a whole. We can start with the basics such as definitions before moving on to the actions that constitute a "crime" in the eyes of the organization. I suggest the order to be definitions (combatant, civilian, WMD, and so on), wartime actions, then particular details such as the use of some types of weapons/items/abilities.

As for mercenaries, my concern relies more on the morality of the operators than popular opinion. A multiversal court keeping enforcers at hand sounds more viable to me because the the officers would be joining to catch bad guys and save lives than hired guns who do it for the money. The way I see it, outsourcing the job to mercenaries would at best be a desperate Godzilla threshold thing than standard operation procedure.
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Sat Sep 05, 2026 12:47 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience.
Q&A here
You're just my type and I like your style =)

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Thu Sep 10, 2026 9:42 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Honestly, it would be fun if we came together and write up our own charter. Let's start a discord server where we can discuss ideas. Many Amenrian nobles IC are advocates of sentient rights who would want their attitude of different species, races, religions, and ethnicities living in harmony to be spread off world, plus the their ideas on honour and containing/subduing threats that harm the multi verse as a whole. We can start with the basics such as definitions before moving on to the actions that constitute a "crime" in the eyes of the organization. I suggest the order to be definitions (combatant, civilian, WMD, and so on), wartime actions, then particular details such as the use of some types of weapons/items/abilities.


Part of what spurred me on to renew this idea was the WA War Criminal Convention. I don't think there's a lot of issues with it, personally, unless one is determined to pick it apart. I am not interested in putting in the work in creating a whole new charter/statute to replace it, when its perfectly viable as is.

As for my proposed Geneva Statute, it might one day take shape, but not by myself. I might be able to get the help of some friends that write up GA proposals if I had to. It's current iteration would be one that is referred to vaguely for RP, but not existing word for word to quote. Basically an almost copy of the Rome Statute. If absolutely essential, I think a version could be cribbed together heavily borrowing from, but not plagiarizing, the Rome Statute.

A m e n r i a wrote:As for mercenaries, my concern relies more on the morality of the operators than popular opinion. A multiversal court keeping enforcers at hand sounds more viable to me because the the officers would be joining to catch bad guys and save lives than hired guns who do it for the money. The way I see it, outsourcing the job to mercenaries would at best be a desperate Godzilla threshold thing than standard operation procedure.


As for creating a multi-national/multiversal peacekeeping or law enforcement force, that's not my goal, nor essential to Court operations. I have no interest in developing that as part of this idea. It's been tried before on NS, by me and friends, and others with little return. You are welcome to make your own version and try to resurrect that idea, but it doesn't need to keep being brought into this discussion. This is about bringing justice and accountability through a legal system, not in a war zone, but after the fact in the courtroom. Once more I will reiterate: Using either a voluntary team from a signatory nation, or mercenaries, to apprehend an indicted suspect is only about using them as an instrument to bring a suspect to the Court, not sending out justice warriors or peacekeepers.

As for your bias against private contractors, it is well noted.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Thu Sep 10, 2026 9:51 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
The Green Union
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1206
Founded: Oct 29, 2015
Liberal Democratic Socialists

Postby The Green Union » Thu Sep 10, 2026 9:38 pm

The Green Union (GU) supports any effort to expand and deepen the adherence to a standardized law of war, as only through doing so can the worst aspects of human barbarity be curtailed.

The GU in particular is heartened at the International War Crimes Convention's focus on safeguarding civilian lives and infrastructure, noting how central these are to a country's post-war recovery and the distressing tendency of combatants on the Nationstates Hyperearth to employ highly indiscriminate weapons with no regard for the civilian population. At any such conference the Green Union would seek to reach a pledge to protect civilians, with a specific acknowledgement of the generational harm done by the worst regimes among us; that being the chattel slaver states deliberately stripping entire nations of their people. The Green Union would seek to dovetail any such pledge with their own counter-slavery initiative, Liberty's Vanguard.
A confederation of three nations and their Arctic territory, until recently torn apart by competing interests.
Calendôr is in the GU heartland, located along the Green River. Francophone, it is the most urban nation. Dominated by boreal forests.
Urlistan covers the west coast and mouth of the Green River. English speaking, it is a rocky country based with industry and culture based around the sea. Currently under the control of the Arcadian Empire.
Arasland is a large northern landmass dominated by rocky forests and, above the treeline, tundra. Speaking several dialects of Emerstarian and Arcadian German, and culturally dominated by small family clans.
Join the war against slavery. Pledge your ship to Liberty's Vanguard today.

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7804
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu Sep 10, 2026 10:04 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Honestly, it would be fun if we came together and write up our own charter. Let's start a discord server where we can discuss ideas. Many Amenrian nobles IC are advocates of sentient rights who would want their attitude of different species, races, religions, and ethnicities living in harmony to be spread off world, plus the their ideas on honour and containing/subduing threats that harm the multi verse as a whole. We can start with the basics such as definitions before moving on to the actions that constitute a "crime" in the eyes of the organization. I suggest the order to be definitions (combatant, civilian, WMD, and so on), wartime actions, then particular details such as the use of some types of weapons/items/abilities.


Part of what spurred me on to renew this idea was the WA War Criminal Convention. I don't think there's a lot of issues with it, personally, unless one is determined to pick it apart. I am not interested in putting in the work in creating a whole new charter/statute to replace it, when its perfectly viable as is.

As for my proposed Geneva Statute, it might one day take shape, but not by myself. I might be able to get the help of some friends that write up GA proposals if I had to. It's current iteration would be one that is referred to vaguely for RP, but not existing word for word to quote. Basically an almost copy of the Rome Statute. If absolutely essential, I think a version could be cribbed together heavily borrowing from, but not plagiarizing, the Rome Statute.

A m e n r i a wrote:As for mercenaries, my concern relies more on the morality of the operators than popular opinion. A multiversal court keeping enforcers at hand sounds more viable to me because the the officers would be joining to catch bad guys and save lives than hired guns who do it for the money. The way I see it, outsourcing the job to mercenaries would at best be a desperate Godzilla threshold thing than standard operation procedure.


As for creating a multi-national/multiversal peacekeeping or law enforcement force, that's not my goal, nor essential to Court operations. I have no interest in developing that as part of this idea. It's been tried before on NS, by me and friends, and others with little return. You are welcome to make your own version and try to resurrect that idea, but it doesn't need to keep being brought into this discussion. This is about bringing justice and accountability through a legal system, not in a war zone, but after the fact in the courtroom. Once more I will reiterate: Using either a voluntary team from a signatory nation, or mercenaries, to apprehend an indicted suspect is only about using them as an instrument to bring a suspect to the Court, not sending out justice warriors or peacekeepers.

As for your bias against private contractors, it is well noted.


Oh that addresses all my concerns, thank you. Do you have any idea on the first enemy we'll be going up against?
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience.
Q&A here
You're just my type and I like your style =)

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:14 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Oh that addresses all my concerns, thank you. Do you have any idea on the first enemy we'll be going up against?


Well, good. We don't have any positions filled yet to operate to even prosecute anyone. I will need to make the apps for judges, solicitors, cases, Court supporters, etc.

The more I have thought about it, the more I am not so set on the WCC location being in Geneva. I am still open to considering other options, including Greater Dienstad.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7804
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Tue Sep 15, 2026 6:21 am

Neu Engollon wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Oh that addresses all my concerns, thank you. Do you have any idea on the first enemy we'll be going up against?


Well, good. We don't have any positions filled yet to operate to even prosecute anyone. I will need to make the apps for judges, solicitors, cases, Court supporters, etc.

The more I have thought about it, the more I am not so set on the WCC location being in Geneva. I am still open to considering other options, including Greater Dienstad.


Could have one big HQ in Geneva and smaller satellite offices throughout the multiverse.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience.
Q&A here
You're just my type and I like your style =)

User avatar
Fynmark
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Sep 04, 2026
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Fynmark » Thu Sep 17, 2026 6:54 am

While Fynmark itself might be have troubles in the future with the WCC as a player I'm absolutely in for that idea.
More Connections are allways good.

User avatar
Bigpipstan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1489
Founded: Apr 21, 2020
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Bigpipstan » Fri Sep 18, 2026 8:37 am

I am interested to see if this would soon develop into an actual RP. Once you have positions and stuff sorted out.
Anocratic empire is a My little pony X Rimworld nation. Neo-Harmonist Semi constitutional monarchy with a cashless economy. canon population is 4,469,727,497. Doesn't use NS stats anymore. Our TF service, News, Old news, Tales 1, Tales 2.Maps.

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Sep 18, 2026 3:14 pm

Thank you for everyone's support and patience. Life has been hectic. I have also been tending to regional business and earlier commitments when it pertains to NS. I will prioritize getting the apps done this weekend and post here when they're available.

EDIT: Also, please post here with your proposals for your city, or any city, for the WCC host. Please include relevant details like name/state or province/nation; advantages, security, cultural draw, etc.

Further EDIT: I'm like 3/4 done with the apps for personnel and signatory nations. Busier than I thought I would be the last few days.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Sep 21, 2026 5:46 am, edited 2 times in total.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:22 pm

The Confederacy of Neu Engollon


I, Federal Council President Alexander Escoffel, do hereby affirm that my nation, The Confederacy of Neu Engollon, will join the Assembly of WCC Nations. We shall abide by both the WA War Criminal Convention, and the Geneva Statute by which the War Criminal Court shall operate, and will support the Court in its pursuit of justice for all war criminals indicted by said Court, as well as justice for the victims. This includes providing any relevant information regarding suspects, whether they are currently in our territory or not.

Furthermore, should any individual indicted by the Court be found on the territory of our nation, they will be apprehended and extradited to the Court. We shall also support any Court deputized forces, acting under its authority, sent to apprehend such an individual in or near our territory.
The Confederacy of Neu Engollon will accept and abide by any sanctions levied by the Court against a non-compliant state or political entity.

A further statement from Federal Council President Alexander Escoffel:
We are committed to justice and bringing as much humanity and civility to the uncivil, inhumane act of conflict as possible. We realize how futile that may seem at times, but we must be committed to working towards that goal and trying to make the world a better place. Upon ratification of the Geneva Statute by our Federal Assembly and Council, we will mobilize to act immediately, bringing all the resources we can muster, to assist the Court in bringing to justice the vile criminals who prey upon others for their own selfish and misguided ends. We look forward to working with the other WCC Assembly nations to bring about this goal.
Last edited by Neu Engollon on Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Sep 25, 2026 7:25 pm

:) The apps are up. They may need improvement, but for now, I feel like they cover enough to get us started.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7804
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:24 pm

Neu Engollon wrote::) The apps are up. They may need improvement, but for now, I feel like they cover enough to get us started.


The OP and apps look good! I'll be sending an app. One question though, can the WCC itself not impose or enforce sanctions itself without involving the WA or would it be stretching the WCC too thin?
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience.
Q&A here
You're just my type and I like your style =)

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Fri Sep 25, 2026 8:57 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:The OP and apps look good! I'll be sending an app.


Thanks!

A m e n r i a wrote:One question though, can the WCC itself not impose or enforce sanctions itself without involving the WA or would it be stretching the WCC too thin?


Fair question. I don't really know the mechanism that we could use to convince the WA to propose a resolution for sanctions against any specific nation. Also, I think it may be asking a lot to have participant nations even abide by the one resolution of the WA, let alone work in concert with the WA to impose sanctions. That might be a bridge too far for many.
Therefore, I think sanctions would have to be outlined and coordinated directly through a Board of the WCC Assembly of nations. (Participant or signatory nations?). That's my thinking on it, anyway.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

User avatar
A m e n r i a
Powerbroker
 
Posts: 7804
Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Sep 25, 2026 11:04 pm

Neu Engollon wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:The OP and apps look good! I'll be sending an app.


Thanks!

A m e n r i a wrote:One question though, can the WCC itself not impose or enforce sanctions itself without involving the WA or would it be stretching the WCC too thin?


Fair question. I don't really know the mechanism that we could use to convince the WA to propose a resolution for sanctions against any specific nation. Also, I think it may be asking a lot to have participant nations even abide by the one resolution of the WA, let alone work in concert with the WA to impose sanctions. That might be a bridge too far for many.
Therefore, I think sanctions would have to be outlined and coordinated directly through a Board of the WCC Assembly of nations. (Participant or signatory nations?). That's my thinking on it, anyway.


The latter is a better option in my opinion, if realistically possible. Realistically here meaning makes sense within our respective settings, of course. A personnel application example would be very much appreciated. Also, despite my IC-inspired objections on mercenaries, I'm interested in roleplaying my (mostly non-Amenrian) mercs who range from obviously evil to more neutral (think Deathstroke from DC). Do I go to you for questions on the mercenary guild?
Last edited by A m e n r i a on Sat Sep 26, 2026 9:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience.
Q&A here
You're just my type and I like your style =)

User avatar
Fynmark
Lobbyist
 
Posts: 12
Founded: Sep 04, 2026
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Fynmark » Sat Sep 26, 2026 10:09 am

I, Sofia Vestergard III, do hereby affirm that my nation, the Queendom of Fynmark, will join the Assembly of WCC Nations. We shall abide by both the WA War Criminal Convention, and the Geneva Statute by which the War Criminal Court shall operate, and will support the Court in its pursuit of justice for all war criminals indicted by said Court, as well as justice for the victims. This includes providing any relevant information regarding suspects, whether they are currently in our territory or not. Furthermore, should any individual indicted by the Court be found on the territory of our nation, they will be apprehended and extradited to the Court. We shall also support any Court deputized forces, acting under its authority, sent to apprehend such an individual in or near our territory.

the Queendom of Fynmark will accept and abide by any sanctions levied by the Court against a non-compliant state or political entity.
Last edited by Fynmark on Wed Sep 30, 2026 5:02 am, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Neu Engollon
Negotiator
 
Posts: 7418
Founded: Aug 13, 2012
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Neu Engollon » Mon Sep 28, 2026 7:41 am

Fynmark wrote:I, Sofia Vestergard III, do hereby affirm that my nation, the Queendom of Fynmark, will join the Assembly of WCC Nations. We shall abide by both the WA War Criminal Convention, and the Geneva Statute by which the War Criminal Court shall operate, and will support the Court in its pursuit of justice for all war criminals indicted by said Court, as well as justice for the victims. This includes providing any relevant information regarding suspects, whether they are currently in our territory or not. Furthermore, should any individual indicted by the Court be found on the territory of our nation, they will be apprehended and extradited to the Court. We shall also support any Court deputized forces, acting under its authority, sent to apprehend such an individual in or near our territory.


Apologies, I added one more important line to the attestation. Would you please edit it into your post? This line:
[REPLACE WITH NATION FULL NAME] will accept and abide by any sanctions levied by the Court against a non-compliant state or political entity.
In Memory of our friend
My Factbook
Important Neu Engollian Links.
'The Forest was shrinking, but the trees kept voting for the axe. For the axe was clever and convinced the trees that because his handle was wood, he was one of them."

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads