NATION

PASSWORD

The Great Heldervinian Civil War OOC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 21, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:40 am

New Heldervinia wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:
Oh, that’s my bad. I misunderstood. Anyways, it just has to get enough where we can extract mating pheromones anyways, and then we can just use those.

What do you mean by "...it just has to get enough where we can extract mating pheromones...?"

I mean it just has to work long enough to where we can kill some, and then extract mating pheromones from them to then use to create more effective traps.

Heldervin
Ambassador

Founded: Oct 01, 2023
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:44 am

Volkovograd wrote:
New Heldervinia wrote:What do you mean by "...it just has to get enough where we can extract mating pheromones...?"

I mean it just has to work long enough to where we can kill some, and then extract mating pheromones from them to then use to create more effective traps.

So what you're saying is that you need to lure a few and kill them, and then extract the pheromones?

I will point out that now is a bit late for mating. Most helderbus would ignore the pheromones and continue migrating.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 5:58 am

Heldervin wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

So what you're saying is that you need to lure a few and kill them, and then extract the pheromones?
I will point out that now is a bit late for mating. Most helderbus would ignore the pheromones and continue migrating.

Ok. Well, then the other option is to paralyze one and leave it the middle of a killing field, and lure them in that way. And record the sounds.

Heldervin
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 6:14 am

Volkovograd wrote:
Heldervin wrote:So what you're saying is that you need to lure a few and kill them, and then extract the pheromones?

Ok. Well, then the other option is to paralyze one and leave it the middle of a killing field, and lure them in that way. And record the sounds.

Yes, it would be; though I question how you would manage to hunt such large coalitions.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:03 am

Heldervin wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

Yes, it would be; though I question how you would manage to hunt such large coalitions.

With traps and helicopters.

European Federal Union
Senator

Founded: Sep 25, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby European Federal Union » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:09 am

Volkovograd wrote:
Heldervin wrote:Yes, it would be; though I question how you would manage to hunt such large coalitions.

I mean like, just use thermal imagers and helicopters (and drones)
IC: United Europe, NS partially cannon policies also partially cannon
OOC: This nation reprisents parts of my irl political views
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Buy my stuff please, I owe Janpia like half of his economy
For off site commuinications Discord: sirvonghost

Heldervin
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:16 am

European Federal Union wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

I mean like, just use thermal imagers and helicopters (and drones)

You might be able to track them, but you have to keep in mind that if the drones were flying low enough, the helderbus could snap them with their jaws.

European Federal Union
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby European Federal Union » Sat Apr 13, 2024 8:18 am

Heldervin wrote:You might be able to track them, but you have to keep in mind that if the drones were flying low enough, the helderbus could snap them with their jaws.

I mean, even your average cheap chinese crap drone can reach hights well above tree line. Obviously it depends on the drones tho at an altitude inbetween 50-100m or even 20-30 you would be pretty much safe from any non-flying animal
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Heldervin
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:35 am

Heldervin wrote:You might be able to track them, but you have to keep in mind that if the drones were flying low enough, the helderbus could snap them with their jaws.

I mean, even your average cheap chinese crap drone can reach hights well above tree line. Obviously it depends on the drones tho at an altitude inbetween 50-100m or even 20-30 you would be pretty much safe from any non-flying animal

Perhaps, but the jungles are a bit... dense for drones to see through. Plus, there is a winged subspecies of the helderbu.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:37 am

Yeah, exactly. And House !c0gnit0 has good drones. No matter the way you slice it, even if the lion trap doesn’t work, the helicopters and drones would be good at hunting. And we can just seed the migration paths with traps as well. We were hired to do a job, and we don’t break contracts…

Heldervin
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:38 am

Volkovograd wrote:

Yeah, exactly. And House !c0gnit0 has good drones. No matter the way you slice it, even if the lion trap doesn’t work, the helicopters and drones would be good at hunting. And we can just seed the migration paths with traps as well. We were hired to do a job, and we don’t break contracts…

Do you know the migration paths? Plus, helderbus, are strong. And if one was caught, they'd just abandon it and look out for potential predators.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:39 am

Heldervin wrote:

Perhaps, but the jungles are a bit... dense for drones to see through. Plus, there is a winged subspecies of the helderbu.

Well, for the winged subspecies we can just attach a speaker that plays high pitched sounds that humans can’t hear but Helderbus can to immobilize them. And thermal imaging doesn’t rely on dense jungle. And worst come to worse we can just burn the jungle.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:40 am

Heldervin wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

Do you know the migration paths? Plus, helderbus, are strong. And if one was caught, they'd just abandon it and look out for potential predators.

Yes, given the migration paths are publicly accessible information and can presumably be found in multiple scientific studies.

Heldervin
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:42 am

Volkovograd wrote:
Heldervin wrote:Perhaps, but the jungles are a bit... dense for drones to see through. Plus, there is a winged subspecies of the helderbu.

Well, for the winged subspecies we can just attach a speaker that plays high pitched sounds that humans can’t hear but Helderbus can to immobilize them. And thermal imaging doesn’t rely on dense jungle. And worst come to worse we can just burn the jungle.

Ok, true, BUT, what stops them from then retreating into their dens?
Volkovograd wrote:
Heldervin wrote:Do you know the migration paths? Plus, helderbus, are strong. And if one was caught, they'd just abandon it and look out for potential predators.

Yes, given the migration paths are publicly accessible information and can presumably be found in multiple scientific studies.

Not the helderbu. There was a time when helderbus were illegally poached. Why? Because some fool decided to leak the path to the public. Maybe in scientific studies, but those would be classified and would only be given to environmental agencies that swear a solemn oath.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:45 am

Heldervin wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

Ok, true, BUT, what stops them from then retreating into their dens?
Volkovograd wrote:

Not the helderbu. There was a time when helderbus were illegally poached. Why? Because some fool decided to leak the path to the public. Maybe in scientific studies, but those would be classified and would only be given to environmental agencies that swear a solemn oath.

Nothing stops them from retreating to their dens. This is a good thing because it means we have trapped them in an enclosed space, allowing us to hunt them easier.

As for the migratory paths, bribery is a thing. The Heldeverin government, especially the east Heldeverin government isn’t incorruptible. It isn’t a hive mind. Somewhere there is corruptible officials. Or, given the presumed knowledge of those who now work for the EFU in east Heldeverin, I can just pay them for the info.

Heldervin
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:50 am

Volkovograd wrote:
Heldervin wrote:Ok, true, BUT, what stops them from then retreating into their dens?

Nothing stops them from retreating to their dens. This is a good thing because it means we have trapped them in an enclosed space, allowing us to hunt them easier.

As for the migratory paths, bribery is a thing. The Heldeverin government, especially the east Heldeverin government isn’t incorruptible. It isn’t a hive mind. Somewhere there is corruptible officials. Or, given the presumed knowledge of those who now work for the EFU in east Heldeverin, I can just pay them for the info.

It's a good thing, except they sometimes store food. Also, if you did hunt along the paths, you'd cause a mass extinction of the Greater Heldervinian Area; the helderbus would die, and since they're an apex AND keystone predator, their prey would go out of whack, and I think you know where this is going, with hundreds of insects buzzing about.

Also, you expect them to risk incurring the wrath of the Saletry Gods? They are seen as a divine species. Plus, you'd be exterminating a potential species that would become sentient in the future. They already display some intelligence, at least compared to other animals. Also, who is the government for East Heldervin? They themselves, or the EFU?

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 9:55 am

Heldervin wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

It's a good thing, except they sometimes store food. Also, if you did hunt along the paths, you'd cause a mass extinction of the Greater Heldervinian Area; the helderbus would die, and since they're an apex AND keystone predator, their prey would go out of whack, and I think you know where this is going, with hundreds of insects buzzing about.

Also, you expect them to risk incurring the wrath of the Saletry Gods? They are seen as a divine species. Plus, you'd be exterminating a potential species that would become sentient in the future. They already display some intelligence, at least compared to other animals. Also, who is the government for East Heldervin? They themselves, or the EFU?

Honestly? I wasn’t paid to care about the mass extinction. I was paid to kill Helderbus. Also,Volkovograd doesn’t believe in the Saletry Gods. They have their own god. And… technically there is a independent government of East Heldeverin, but they are controlled and played by the EFU

Heldervin
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:34 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Heldervin wrote:It's a good thing, except they sometimes store food. Also, if you did hunt along the paths, you'd cause a mass extinction of the Greater Heldervinian Area; the helderbus would die, and since they're an apex AND keystone predator, their prey would go out of whack, and I think you know where this is going, with hundreds of insects buzzing about.

Honestly? I wasn’t paid to care about the mass extinction. I was paid to kill Helderbus. Also,Volkovograd doesn’t believe in the Saletry Gods. They have their own god. And… technically there is a independent government of East Heldeverin, but they are controlled and played by the EFU

But it's governed by East Heldervin, correct?

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:37 pm

Heldervin wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:

But it's governed by East Heldervin, correct?

Do you mean IC or OOC?

Heldervin
Ambassador

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Heldervin » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:38 pm

Volkovograd wrote:
Heldervin wrote:But it's governed by East Heldervin, correct?

Do you mean IC or OOC?

ICly.

Volkovograd
Ambassador

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Volkovograd » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:42 pm

Heldervin wrote:
Volkovograd wrote:
Do you mean IC or OOC?

ICly.

That’s a question for the EFU, to be honest…

Vorkat
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vorkat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:52 pm

i know im an outsider to this but heldervin if you constantly find yourself butting heads with everyone here and arguing over the most minute, hyper-specific details of the different actions theyre all collectively taking against you, you probably dont actually enjoy this RP and just find yourself taking part in it out of obligation. Or what do I know, I'm not a mind reader or a psychoanalyst. Maybe you're a masochist. But if I was in your position, I would not be having fun.

New Heldervinia
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 20, 2024
Left-wing Utopia

Postby New Heldervinia » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:54 pm

Vorkat wrote:i know im an outsider to this but heldervin if you constantly find yourself butting heads with everyone here and arguing over the most minute, hyper-specific details of the different actions theyre all collectively taking against you, you probably dont actually enjoy this RP and just find yourself taking part in it out of obligation. Or what do I know, I'm not a mind reader or a psychoanalyst. Maybe you're a masochist. But if I was in your position, I would not be having fun.

Well, I am having fun. I just generally prefer to argue my point.

Vorkat
Secretary

Founded: Dec 31, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Vorkat » Sat Apr 13, 2024 7:55 pm

New Heldervinia wrote:
Vorkat wrote:i know im an outsider to this but heldervin if you constantly find yourself butting heads with everyone here and arguing over the most minute, hyper-specific details of the different actions theyre all collectively taking against you, you probably dont actually enjoy this RP and just find yourself taking part in it out of obligation. Or what do I know, I'm not a mind reader or a psychoanalyst. Maybe you're a masochist. But if I was in your position, I would not be having fun.

Well, I am having fun. I just generally prefer to argue my point.

hard to believe but very well

European Federal Union
Senator

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby European Federal Union » Sun Apr 14, 2024 12:16 am

Volkovograd wrote:
Heldervin wrote:ICly.

That’s a question for the EFU, to be honest…

Yesnt, its government is the same as the occupation government setup by the EFU, made up by a group of generals and economic advisors from the EFU
(\__/)
(='.'=)

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents