NATION

PASSWORD

Caliph in hospital after heart attack [MT / OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Talibanada
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 01, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Caliph in hospital after heart attack [MT / OPEN]

Postby Talibanada » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:46 pm

It has been reported that HIS DIVINE HOLINESS CALIPH TARIQ AL-QANADA suffered a severe heart attack on the 21st of February after getting into a heated argument with online trolls and supporters of exiled pop star Dustin Beaver. The CALIPH was found slumped over His computer keyboard in the middle of a gaming session, by one of His servants who had grown worried for the CALIPH's wellbeing when He did not answer His phone, email, or knocks on the door. HIS DIVINE HOLINESS was immediately airlifted from the royal palace to His reserved private wing in the al-Atawah Naval Military Hospital where His personal medical team performed emergency resuscitation and lifesaving measures. The CALIPH is reportedly in good spirits as He continues to recuperate in the hospital; members of the public are invited to send their prayers and wishes.

[OOC] This is a thread for your nation's leader, government, or citizens to react to the news of the Caliph's heart attack. It is not a war or chat thread.

RULES

- NO declarations of war.
- NO invading, bombing, or sending troops; in fact do not send anyone.
- NO racism or bigotry even if it is in character.
- NO advocating death or harm against real life persons.
- DO follow all site rules.
- DO follow all instructions given by OP.
- DO ask permission before involving others.
- DO leave your alliances and factions at the door.

Australise
Political Columnist

Founded: Jan 31, 2024
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Australise » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:52 pm

"My condolences for him and his family. However, I must say, a situation which resulted in the peaceful transfer of power to someone who then began moving the Caliphate to a non-theocratic form of government...would not be something undesirable, if you get what I mean. Hope...this has...the best outcome possible. Whatever that may be."
-Emperor William
Also known as the Australis or (informally) Australia.

Most NS stats are canon.

This nation represents some of my real views.

Barfing
Civilian

Founded: Feb 21, 2024
Ex-Nation

Declaration of War

Postby Barfing » Wed Feb 21, 2024 12:57 pm

Yea the subject is wrong. Hope he gets better!

Talibanada
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Talibanada » Wed Feb 21, 2024 2:35 pm

ANOTHER ARAB SPRING? TENSIONS MOUNT IN TALIBANADIAN CAPITAL

In a brazen display of public opposition never before seen in the Caliphate, thousands of people mostly students took to the streets of al-Atawah to protest CALIPH TARIQ AL-QANADA's rule and call for His abdication. Police responded with teargas and rubber bullets and arrested scores of protesters; at least 100 individuals were injured in the clashes. Authorities have blamed teen pop star Dustin Beaver, believed to be living in Switzerland, for inciting the unrest with his anti-government lyrics, banned since August 2022 when Beaver performed the songs in protest of Talibanada's war against Sweden. That too led to rioting and arrests, and Beaver was sentenced to death for his seditious incitement. However he was illegally smuggled out of the country before his execution could occur and has been living as a fugitive ever since. Others, especially the deeply conservative Muslim priesthood and nobility, lay blame for the riots on the CALIPH's daughter Princess Yasmeen bint Tariq bint Maryam who they believe is an embarrassment to the royal family for her refusal to wear a hijab and fondness of Dustin Beaver's music; some have even accused her of poisoning the CALIPH to take His position on the throne. The most ardent supporters of the al-Qanada dynasty have vociferously rejected these claims; HIS DIVINE HOLINESS and His family are ALLAH's chosen people and can do no wrong.

Australise wrote:"My condolences for him and his family. However, I must say, a situation which resulted in the peaceful transfer of power to someone who then began moving the Caliphate to a non-theocratic form of government...would not be something undesirable, if you get what I mean. Hope...this has...the best outcome possible. Whatever that may be."
-Emperor William

"Don't be so sure of that. I am not a spring chicken anymore but I still have many more years left in me, inshallah." - Caliph Tariq al-Qanada

"I'd do it...if only dad wasn't in the way. If people want to be themselves or listen to Dustin Beaver, it should be up to them." - Princess Yasmeen

Vaungard
Bureaucrat

Founded: Feb 20, 2024
Ex-Nation

Postby Vaungard » Wed Feb 21, 2024 6:44 pm

The People’s Voice, Vaungard State News

“Rejoice, rejoice, Workers of Vaungard! Yet another theocratic imperialist oppressor has been brought low by the ailments they ignore in the lower classes! The Revolutionary People’s Republic of Vaungard urges the oppressed of Talbinada to rise up and do what needs to be done in order secure their deserved rights. We eagerly await the outcome of this.”

Proud Sodom and Lucky Gomorrah
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 17, 2024
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Proud Sodom and Lucky Gomorrah » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:27 pm

An Official Edict from The Infernal Empire

To The Citizens of Talibanada,

The current crisis afflicting your country is one that concerns many abroad, and word of it has reached our court. We are of two thoughts regarding it when it comes to the path forward, in what in our opinion should be the best move for both the people of Talibanada and its Caliph. We will open by saying we wish the Caliph a happy recovery from his health crisis.

From this we issue this edict: That we advise the people of Talibanada to not be hasty in their calls for reform, but also for them to stand firm against the oppression of the state. Tread carefully lest ye tear down your institutions and plunge your country into chaos. Yet stand ready and strong for your freedoms. Peacefully. Our next advisory is for the Rightly Guided Caliph. Heed the calls of your people. They are yours to protect and defend, not to enslave and exploit them. Lessen the yoke and you may enjoy a longer life in recovery. Do not, and you may face a far worse fate than a heart attack. History has shown us this many times.

In the ideals of peace, empathy, and nobility we open our palace to both sides of this issue. Come to Sodom (San Francisco) and we would willingly host you with the greatest hospitality and seek to end this conflict with understanding and the wisdom of our position in mediation.

Signed and Sealed,
Her Infernal Majesty, Azazel, By The Temptations of The Fallen One, Lightbringer of Proud Sodom, of Lucky Gomorrah, and of All Above Hell, Daughter of Hell, Successor of the Seven Princes, Supreme Pontiff of the Unholy Church, Sage of The Temple, Keeper of the Pact, Sinner of Sinners, Consort of The Demonic Host, Defender of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil, and Servant of the Servants of Satan

Last edited by Proud Sodom and Lucky Gomorrah on Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Better to reign in Hell, than serve in Heaven."

This nation is a puppet of Michigan and The Lakes
News Ticker
Lightbringer elected after two week Synod, three Black Bishops dead from seven doses of hallucinogens-I-Son of Hell repeals laws on hate speech as first act of reign.-I-Universal Studios to clone dinosaur pets to compete with WB/Discovery Valyrian Dragons.-I-Prison riots in San Quentin, Alcatraz, Pelican Bay prisons are crushed by military force.

Terra Magnifica Gloria
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 25, 2023
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Terra Magnifica Gloria » Sun Feb 25, 2024 5:33 pm

“The liberal influences are seeping through the cracks of your once divine rule. May the lord bless you and your nation and may you reclaim it from the infidels once more. Rest, mighty caliph, for the caliphate shall soon kneel before you once more.”

-President Jones VI
MORS ADVERSERIS!!!

Friendly neighbourhood dystopia

Daytshland
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 27, 2023
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Daytshland » Sun Feb 25, 2024 6:41 pm

Telegram from the Daytshe foreign office to Talibanada

To the consort of Talibanada to whom we may concern:

Given the current circumstance of your leader, we in Daytshland express congratulations on his recent injury, and we hope that his condition may worsen for the better. The Daytshe recognize his efforts as infantile, and his deception as a grievance to his people, from since we consider "him" a tyrant, whose caricaturesque manners have earned our suspicion. On the other hand, to the people of Talibanada, we express our condolences to you that your country is still governed by its current regime, tho due to current circumstances we hope this will not be the case soon. We urge the people of Talibanada to break free their chains of oppressors and arrive to their senses. Otherwise, we still got our arms.

Signed: Ferdinand vun Prusn

Talibanada
Spokesperson

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Talibanada » Sun Mar 17, 2024 8:08 am

/bump

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents