NATION

PASSWORD

Netil Summit Thread [IC][TWI ONLY]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Kravato
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 22, 2023
Iron Fist Consumerists

Netil Summit Thread [IC][TWI ONLY]

Postby Kravato » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:25 am

Radovno Pulik, the Ambassador to Vacrus, and Hennerko Aukola, the Minister of Foreign Affairs, entered the Spraka Room of the Netil Governor's Mansion. The Mansion was an old building, dating to the 19th century, when Iersheno's Governor was chosen in an almost oligarchical way. There were many remnants of the times, even things dating to the war of the 1840s.

Pulik and Aukola sat down next to each other at the table and looked down the line as the delegates from Vacrus, Barquetalia, Bavarno, the Tsunterlands, and Arvento assembled. Pulik looked over at Aukola.

"Shall I, Hennerko?" Pulik said.

"Just as planned, Rado." Aukola responded.

Greetings, representatives of Kravato, Vacrus, and many others. I must admit I have been awaiting the day that peace could be achieved for far too long. I, and the Kravatoan government, believe that lasting, multiethnic peace can be created here in Iersheno, a peace which will be formally recognized by neighboring states, and more importantly agreed upon formally by the governments of Kravato and Vacrus, which the former peace was not.

From analysis and an understanding of the situation here on Iersheno, it has come to the attention of our government that Iersheno, as an island, should have more autonomy to allow it to better tackle the issues it may face as a multicultural and contested area, as well as a area vital to trade across the isles. I see, that if we maintain past governing methods, which saw Iersheno ruled from afar as a territory by each government, that Vacrusians, Kravatoans, and Iershenovans, have all faced problems from that prior system. With these thoughts in mind, I will now present the terms of the treaty.

Article 1

The Iershenovan Republic is to be formed on the island of Iersheno, on the basis of the Prakvit Constitution until a Constitutional Convention is to be held on February 12th, 2024.

All Kravatoan and Vacrusian residents of Iersheno are to be given citizenship in the Iershenovan Republic.

The Iershenovan Public Election of 2024 is to be held December 3rd.

The Government of the Forumnial Republic shall provide for the defense and security of the Iershenovan Republic.

Vacrusian and Kravatoan ethnic citizens of Iersheno, as well as all other citizens of diffrent ethnic backgrounds, shall maintain the same rights and treatment by the Iershenovan government, which will be enforced by the government of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato.

The armed forces of Kravato are to maintain all military instillations on the island and will have the right to hold significant forces on the island to ensure security and stability between Kravatoan and Vacrusian Iershenovans.

Article 2

The Government of the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus is to remove all armed forces from the island and dismantle or transfer all military instillations to the Government of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato.

The Government of the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus is to cite all minefields constructed, in sea and on land, and fund for their removal by the UKA Engineer Corps. The KAGS (Kravatoan Army Geologic Survey) shall determine if there are further minefields and if so, then the Government of the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus will lose all rights provided to them by this document.

The Government of the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus is abandon and transfer all governmental offices on the island of Iersheno to the Iershenovan Republic.

Article 3

The Iershenovan Government shall not hold the right to block the Iervitan Channel in any way. The Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato and Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus shall maintain the right to move cargo and citizens through the channel.

The Iershenovan Government shall hold its own national area code and shall create its own cyber infrastructure with the help of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato.

Vacrus shall submit to having its military and federal officers tried for any and all war crimes they may have committed during the war.

The Iershenovan Republic shall hold its own fishing authority which shall control fishing in its coast.

The Government of the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus shall pay the Government of the Iershenovan Republic for the repair or reconstruction of energy and civilian infrastructure damaged during the war. it shall also pay for the repair and reconstruction of housing infrastructure.

Article 4

The Government of the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus shall release all Kravatoan citizens imprisoned during the war and all Kravatoan military personnel imprisoned during the war. The Government of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato shall release all Vacrusian citizens imprisoned during the war and Vacrusian personnel imprisoned as well.

The Forumnial Kingdom of Kravatro and Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus shall recognize the Iershenovan Republic as an independent state with authority over its land, waters, and citizens.
Last edited by Kravato on Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Proud Member of the Western Isles
If you want some good rp, The Western Isles welcomes all!
NS Stats are not Canon
The FKK, or Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato, is a constitutional monarchy, that apart from its monarch is a federal republic. Politically, we lean center.
Love me some Sublime and RHCP. Waiting for the NFL to start again.

Bavarno
Attaché

Founded: Mar 24, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Sat Aug 19, 2023 6:03 pm

Prime Minister Genan Erkanaj, who had gotten off a flight from Molna only a few hours ago, reviewed the submitted document carefully. His new government, fresh out of coalition negotiations, had mostly elected for a pro-Mesder position in foreign policy. He would seek terms that, while not awful for Vacrus, still heavily favored Kravato. Erkanaj would seek to make his government a guarantor of peace and stability in the Mesder region, and being an early supporter of the treaty that ended the Iersheno war would certainly help that.

"I agree wholeheartedly with the proposed treaty. This is a solution that will protect Iershenovan sovereignty while protecting the minority Vacrusian population on the island. It will end the threat of border conflicts between Kravato and Vacrus that could spiral into a war like this. It provides for a stable, democratic structure of governance on this island for the future."
Federal Republic of Bavarno
Proud member of The Western Isles!

Vacrus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 03, 2022
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Vacrus » Sat Aug 19, 2023 7:06 pm

Vacrusian Cardinal of Foreign Affairs, Mercht Dhormann, who had just stepped off a flight from Vacrus an hour ago, was extremely nervous about the agreement, as it could spell disrepute for the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus and could completely destroy her entire reputation if she did a bad decision for the deal.

"While I do agree on some parts of the treaty, there should be some revisions to this agreement, and some new parts to the agreement, let me do a favor for you."

Revision of Article KR-I

Section I [R]

The Yershenian Republic must remain as a neutral seat in The Western Isles, therefore the Yershenian Republic has no right to be involved in any conflict that occurs in The Western Isles.

Section II [R]

Any candidate for the Prime Minister of the Yershenian Republic should not be siding with a side, a pact, or a country and remain neutral.

Section III [R]

Both Vacrus and Kravato doesn't have the right to maintain all the military installations.

Section IV [N]

Both Vacrus and Kravato must held a significant power in order to protect the Yershenian Republic from any threat.

Section V [N]

Both Vacrus and Kravato shouldn't have the rights to be involved in anything that happening inside of the Yershenian Republic.

Revision of Article KR-II

Section I [R]

Both Vacrus and Kravato must remove all the armed forces inside of the Yershenian Republic.

Section II [R]

All military installations will be transferred to the Yershenian Republic.

Section III [R]

The VGDI (Vacrusian Geological Data Infrastructure) should have the rights to have the same power as KAGS.

Revision of Article KR-III

Section II [R]

Vacrus should have the rights to do whatever they want to the people who are responsible for all the war crimes it did in the war, but every officer who are involved will be kicked out of the military.

Section II [N]

Kravato should have the rights to do whatever they want to the people who are responsible for all the war crimes it did in the war, but every officer who are involved will be kicked out of the military.

Section III [R]

Both Vacrus and Kravato shall pay the Government of Yershen for the repair or reconstruction of energy and civilian infrastructure damaged during the war. It shall also pay for the repair and reconstruction of housing infrastructure.

Section IV [N]

Both Vacrus and Kravato must help repair the Republic of Yershen until everything was repaired.

Revision of Article KR-IV

Section I [N]

Both Vacrus and Kravato should have the right to display their own version of the Yershen Republic flag on government buildings.

Article VA-I | Government

Section I

The Republic of Yershen should be a Constitutional Parliamentary Republic.

Section II

The leader of the Yershenian Republic was a Prime Minister.

Section III

The government of the Yershenian Republic should have a Legislative Branch, Executive Branch, and a Judicial Branch.

Section IV

The meeting place for the Government of the Yershenian Republic must be in the Governmental Building of the Yershen Island.

Section V

Each Prime Minister of the Yershenian Republic should have a 5 year terms.

Section VI

Every representative of a party should be over 35 year old.

Section VII

Every minister of the Yershenian Republic must come from that country.

Section VII

The Government of the Yershenian Republic must be a Direct Election.

Section VII

Every candidate must have it's own unique ideas and/or ideology than other canditates.

Section IX

Candidate with the most vote wins the election.

Section X

Everyone that was a part of the government shall be removed from the office if they did a treason, bribery, or other high crimes and Misdemeanors.

Article VA-II | Military

Section I

The purpose of the Yershenian Armed Forces was to keep the nation safe from any threats.

Section II

The personnel limit of the Yershenian Armed Forces was 5.000 personnel.

Section III

The Yershenian Armed Forces must have a Army, Navy, and a Air Force branch.

Section IV

The Commander in-Chief of the Yershenian Armed Forces was the Prime Minister.

Article VA-III | Society

Section I

Everyone should have the rights to express themselves.

Section II

Everyone have the rights to express their ideologies no matter how harmful it is.

Section III

Every crime must have it's own set of time in imprisonment and fine.

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Sun Aug 20, 2023 6:57 pm

Radovno Pulik had heard out the Vacrusian demands and was not amused. The Vacrusian requests for revisions to KR-1 almost made it seem that this was a white peace and not Vacrus's surrender. Radovno looked to Aukola.

"I expected them not to back down," Aukola said. "Remember, Rado, Burkas said we cannot back down. VA-1 is acceptable, but the revisions to KR-1, which remove all of our military bases which we held to ensure the safety of the newfound republic, and the propositions for Iershenovan pacifism and neutrality would crush their own rights to self-determination, which clearly the government in Vacrus doesn't want because Iersheno would ally with us."

"Understood, Hennerko." Radovno leaned into his microphone.

"While I understand the intent of your proposals on KR-1, Cardinal Dhormann, I must say that the proposals to ensure Iershenovan neutrality would stop the nation from choosing its own path in politics and force it between our two nations. We must honor and respect the decisions the Iershenovan Republic will make on the world stage, no matter what. Furthermore, I believe that as the force that began the war, it should be the Vacrusian Government that cannot station troops in Vacrus.

"Not just this, but Vacrus should also pay for reconstruction as it was mostly their actions, the artillery striking, bombing, and destruction of infrastructure, which created this cost. Finally, the idea that Iersheno should have different flags in Kravato and Vacrus is simply aggressive to the authority of the to-be Iershenovan Republic. The Iershenovan Republic, not the governments of Kravato or Vacrus, should choose how it is represented."

"To summarize, I believe that KR-1 sections I[R], II[R], IV[N], and V[N], as well as KR-III sections III[R] and 1[N] should be stricken from the treaty."

Rado looked over at Aukola. Aukola nodded, and Rado understood what to say next.

"May I remind the Vacrusian Government that though they may have started this war, they certainly are not winning it. The Kravatoan Government seeks an end to the war but will not accept demeaning terms which will disgrace the deaths of our soldiers and the efforts of all Kravatoans during this time. If it comes to it, the Kravatoan government is fine leaving this summit with no treaty, and continuing this war until it is clearer to the Vacrusians that they have been defeated."
NS Stats are not Canon
The FKK, or Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato, is a constitutional monarchy, that apart from its monarch is a federal republic. Politically, we lean center.

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Sun Aug 20, 2023 8:01 pm

Prime Minister Erkanaj was similarly displeased with the proposal of the Vacrusian delegate.

"Cardinal Dhormann, I do not believe it is wise to force all military forces out of Iersheno. It would leave the new nation utterly defenseless and open to a new invasion from your nation if you ever attempt to undo this treaty. The Iershenovan Republic should be free to allow military forces from any nation into its borders for its own protection, whether it be from Kravato or any other nation that it seeks protection from. I agree with Mr. Pulik on reconstruction in Iersheno, that your nation, who started this whole war in the first place, should pay for the damage caused by it.

I also believe that Artice VA-I, Section VIII is just not necessary and would do more harm to the new Republic. It would forbid political parties from forming, which would make it very difficult for the new nation to get things done in its legislature. It is needlessly restrictive, and it should be struck from the treaty. The rest of Article VA-I is acceptable.

If you seek to prolong this war, Cardinal, Bavarno will consult with its neighbors on a course of action, which may include force if deemed necessary."

Barquetalia
Secretary

Founded: Jun 20, 2023
Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:10 pm

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Barquetalia, Francisco José Villegas, had seat in silence, his short graying hair being iluminated by the light coming from the window, contrasting with his dark suit and tie. He stroked his graying goatee, reflecting on what he had heard, thinking of how to ensure both Kravato's and Barquetalia's interests on this matter. Prime Minister of Bavarno Genan Erkanaj sitting to his right, while the Kravatoan Ambassador Radovno Pulik sat on his left. In front of him, mirroring his possition at this negotiation table, sat Senate President Urbano Ochoa, the other and older member of the Barquetalian delegation, who was frantically twiddling his fingers at the tense atmosphere. Villegas cleared his throat, after his long period of analysis of both proposals, and spoke.

"While I do agree with several points made by Ambassador Pulnik, Barquetalia cannot, in good faith, allow some points made by Cardinal Dhormann just be swept under the rug. The transference of all military instalations and the retreat of all military assets that do not belong to the Iershenovan Republic seems like an essential step to ensure the full sovereignty of the island. Furthermore, if we are to allow the Iershenovan people to enact their right to self determination, the permanent presence of any kind of military other than Iershenovan military, as well as military forces invited by the Iershenovan Republic can be tolerated. Stabilising missions should be previously consulted with the Iershenovan authorities."

Minister Villegas stopped speaking, taking a sip from his water bottle. Senator Ochoa gulped, he had been frantically working on some proposals to ammend some parts of the initial Kravatoan proposal, his balding head and slightly tanner skin shining with the room's light. He adjusted his glasses, before speaking in a much deeper voice than Minister Villegas.

"Adding to what my esteemed compatriot said, the Republic of Barquetalia does propose a modification to the KR-I proposal, specifically to Article 1:

Kravato wrote:Revision of KR-I Article 1 by the Republic of Barquetalia's Delegate, Senator Urbano Ochoa
Article 1

The Iershenovan Republic is to be formed on the island of Iersheno, on the basis of the Prakvit Constitution until a Constitutional Convention is to be held on February 12th, 2024.

All Kravatoan and Vacrusian residents of Iersheno are to be given citizenship in the Iershenovan Republic.

The Iershenovan Public Election of 2024 is to be held December 3rd.

TO REMOVE The Government of the Forumnial Republic shall provide for the defense and security of the Iershenovan Republic.

Vacrusian and Kravatoan ethnic citizens of Iersheno, as well as all other citizens of diffrent ethnic backgrounds, shall maintain the same rights and treatment by the Iershenovan governmen. TO REMOVE which will be enforced by the government of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato.

TO REMOVEThe armed forces of Kravato are to maintain all military instillations on the island and will have the right to hold significant forces on the island to ensure security and stability between Kravatoan and Vacrusian Iershenovans.

TO ADD: The Iershenovan Republic will have a 1 YEAR transitional period under governance of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato, untill the Public Election of 2024 is held.
Parragraph 1: The transitional period will grant full responsibility for the security and wellbeing of the Iershenovan citizens, wether they are Kravatoan or Vacrusian Iershenovan, to the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato.
Parragraph 2: The Military of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato will be responsible of building up strong institutions inside Iershenovan territory, to ensure their independence and to ensure the lasting sovereingty of their nation.
Parragraph 3: After the 2024 public election, the Kravatoan military shall exit the island, as per what's been accorded by this treaty.
Parragraph 4: As per ensuring the lasting sovereingty of the Iershenovan Republic, the Republic of Barquetalia and the Federal Republic of Bavarno will act as protectors and guarantors of Iersheno's newfound freedom. Furhtermore, any attack on Iersheno by any nation will be a direct attack on the Republics of Barquetalia and Bavarno, and they will respond accordingly, as if their own territory was directly attacked.
Parragraph 5: The establishment of military presence by either the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato or the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus MUST be subject to prior discussion with the Iershenovan government, with any violations to this clause being, under Article 1, Parragraph 4, counted as an attack on the Iershenovan nation, serving as a further causal for the invocation of Parragraph 4 by the Iershenovan government.

Senator Ochoa, after reading the paper, quickly glanced at Minister Villegas, who just nodded approvingly, both hoping this would be palatable enough for both the Kravatoans and Vacrusians, especially for the Kravatoan ambassador, since Barquetalia was, after all, one of their closer allies. Minister Villegas then took the floor again.

"As Senator Ochoa has exposed, this solution would help bring both the Vacrusian worries and the Kravatoan worries to rest, while also ensuring that the sovereingty of the Republic of Iersheno is guaranteed."

Minister Villegas took his seat again, looking knowingly at Senator Ochoa. Both knew that this was just a way for Barquetalia to ensure that her interests were fulfilled. President Horta had, after all, very accurately stated that by profiling Barquetalia as the champions of the Iershenovan freedom, it would effectively mean more profitable bussiness on the smalll, developing soon-to-be state, as well as the possibility of an extension of Barquetalia's navy to the north. They both sat and waited, expecting the rest of the table's reactions to the proposal.
Last edited by Barquetalia on Sun Aug 20, 2023 9:18 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Mon Aug 21, 2023 8:54 pm

Hennerko Aukola looked over at Pulik. This Barquetalian proposition was not so bad, after all. It didn't give too much of a victory to Vacrus, and maintained Iershenovan neutrality towards Vacrus while still giving Kravato an opportunity to extend its influence into Iersheno.

Hennerko leaned in towards Pulik.

"Rado, this is an acceptable proposition. It gives us enough leeway to find loopholes. Wecan ensure that Iersheno stays loyal to its mother country in the year we'll have to guide it, and get enough intel on its military during our institution-setting period."

"Right, Hennerko. Here, you take this one. Oh, and don't forget, we should declare sworn protection for Iersheno too. It'll remind the world that we are intent on Iershenovan sovereignty."

Hennerko nodded. He turned to his microphone.

"Thank you, Mr. Ochoa. I must say, I and my delegate are in full agreement towards all of your propositions. I will add that Kravato too shall enter into conflict with any nation to violate Iersheno's sovereignty or the rights of a Iershenovan citizen. Unless there are any propositions from the Vacrusian delegate, I, Minister of Foreign Affairs Hennerko Aukola, sign this document on behalf of the government of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato."
NS Stats are not Canon

The Tsunterlands
Spokesperson

Founded: Mar 23, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby The Tsunterlands » Tue Aug 22, 2023 4:12 pm

Minister Kailey Haunt and Councillor Light Rackham couldn’t have been more contrasting figures. Kailey was a frumpy, middle-aged career bureaucrat, with a face made for scowling. She was scowling now as she glared at the sheaf of papers in her hand. Light meanwhile was the latest generation of wide-smiling, optimistic “voice of tomorrow” politicians, a candidate made for the social media age. He barely paid any attention to the proceedings and sat lax in his chair, scrolling through his smartphone. That was fine by Kailey. The Councillor was only there to give what ever emerged from the proceedings the official greenlight from the Executive Council. It was up to Kailey to make sure the Tsunterlands got what it wanted from the treaty.

“We have, uh, many concerns about the Vacrusian proposal. All these provision over what the future of this island’s society and government and defence policies will look like, these should be made by the people of Yershen, I mean Iersheno.” She caught herself. “Otherwise, the people of Iershen will see these policies as being pushed upon them by outside powers. To ensure this document is seen as legitimate by the Iershenovan people we propose the removal of VA-1, 2 and 3 from the treaty.” She shifted through her papers. “We also propose some changes to the Barquetalian proposal. A transitional period of one year may not be enough. It may, but at this stage we cannot know whether or not the Iershenovan republic will prove a legitimate authority on the island, especially when it comes to maintaining peace between the Kravatoan and Vacrusian communities so we should allow for a longer-term Kravatoan military presence. Therefore, we submit the following revision.”

Revision of Article KR-I Article 1, made by the Republic of the Tsunterlands' Delegate, Minister Kailey Haunt
Article 1
  • The Iershenovan Republic is to be formed on the island of Iersheno, on the basis of the Prakvit Constitution until a Constitutional Convention is to be held on February 12th, 2024.
  • All Kravatoan and Vacrusian residents of Iersheno are to be given citizenship in the Iershenovan Republic.
  • Vacrusian and Kravatoan ethnic citizens of Iersheno, as well as all other citizens of diffrent ethnic backgrounds, shall maintain the same rights and treatment by the Iershenovan government.
  • To add: The Island of Iersheno will be placed under the authority of the Kravatoan military for a transitional period of 12 to 36 months.
    • Within the transitional period the Kravatoan Military shall host elections within Iesherno for the establishment of a 14-member Provisional Assembly.
      • This election will be attended by observers from both the League of the Western Isles and the Organisation of Regional Cooperation in Argus to verify its authenticity.
      • The Provisional Assembly will serve an advisory role to the Kravatoan military during the transitional period.
      • The Provisional Assembly shall negotiate on behalf of the people of Iersheno during the transition period
      • The Provisional Assembly will be responsible for drafting a constitution for a future Iershenovo Republic which will be approved or rejected via national plebiscite.
  • The transitional period will grant full responsibility for the security and wellbeing of the Iershenovan citizens, whether they are Kravatoan or Vacrusian Iershenovan, to the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato
  • The Military of the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato will be responsible of building up strong institutions inside Iershenovan territory, to ensure their independence and to ensure the lasting sovereingty of their nation
  • As per ensuring the lasting sovereignty of the Iershenovan Republic, the Republic of Barquetalia, the Federal Republic of Bavarno, the Republic of the Tsunterlands and the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato will act as protectors and guarantors of Iersheno's newfound freedom. Furthermore, any attack on Iersheno by any nation will be a direct attack on the Republics of Barquetalia, Bavarno, the Republic of the Tsunterlands and the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato and they will respond accordingly, as if their own territory was directly attacked
  • The establishment of military presence by either the Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato or the Catholic Theocracy of Vacrus MUST be subject to prior discussion with the Iershenovan government, with any violations to this clause being, under Article 1, Parragraph 4, counted as an attack on the Iershenovan nation, serving as a further causal for the invocation of Paragraph 4 by the Iershenovan government.

“Next, we would like to address the preservation of peace both in Iersheno and within the broader Iervitan strait. As I mentioned before we must be incredibly careful to ensure the preservation of peaceful ethnic relations between the Kravatoan and Vacrusian communities on the island. It is our suggestion that observers and officers from the Organisation of Regional Cooperation In Argus be deployed to the Iersheno. I can say from experience they have done tremendous work promoting peaceful co-existence between different communities in the Tsunterlands. Second, the disruption to shipping routes wrecked substantial economic havoc within my home country which we like to ensure that this cannot happen again in the future. With that in mind we submit the following article."

Article TS-I|Preserving Peaceful Conditions on Iersheno and within the Iervitan Channel
  • The creation of ORCA Special Monitoring Mission to Iersheno
    • ORCA monitors will be stationed to observe relations between the new Iershenovo government and Kravatoan and Vacrusian communities.
  • The creation of the Iervitan Channel Joint Security Mission
    • The Forumnial Kingdom of Kravato, the Republic of the Tsunterlands and the Iershenovo Republic will contribute and coordinate naval assets to ensure open access to all legal civilian vessels within the Iervitan strait.

Kailey leaned back in her chair, satisfied with her progress. Light looked away from his phone and struck up an inquisitive thumb. She nodded and he went back to staring at the screen potentially oblivious to the history happening around him.
Last edited by The Tsunterlands on Thu Aug 24, 2023 8:59 am, edited 4 times in total.
Formerly a pirate republic. A country of Mediterranean peninsulas, mountains and rainforests. Home to a thriving semiconductor, financial and software industry. A flawed democracy just trying to survive in dangerous times..

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Tue Aug 22, 2023 10:11 pm

Rado listened to the Tsunter speakers. Why was that kid on his phone? Didn't he realize the importance of this meeting? Anyways, the Tsunter delegate brought up a good point. He had almost forgotten to address trade along the Iervita Straight. He looked over at Hennerko, who readied himself to talk.

"The Kravatoan Government maintains its signature to the document with this revision." Hennerko said.

Hennerko lounged back in his seat. The end of this whole war which had become his every thought for the past three months had finally come to an end. Hennerko hated the idea of people dying for it, but it did grant him experience in foreign affairs, and Kravatoan victory would definitely help with Burkas's reelection campaign. It had also let him know Rado, the ambassador to Vacrus. Rado was versatile, and Hennero had no clue what he was doing in Vacrus and not as a higher-up in the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.

Anyways, Hennerko would be busy tonight. If all went well, he would be meeting with the other delegates from Barquetalia, Bavarno, Arvento, and the Tsunterlands with Burkas.
NS Stats are not Canon

Barquetalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Wed Aug 23, 2023 10:03 pm

Both Ochoa and Villegas listened to the Tsunter delegate attentively. Villegas, ever the wiser, cleared his throat and approached his microphone. "I thank Minister Haunt for her revision of the proposal. Although it is a very comprehensive revision of KR-I Article 1, and Barquetalia agrees that these changes add much needed substance to the legitimacy of the Iershenovan Republic, as well as adding onto the much needed topic of the continuation of trade flow on the Iervitan channel. Overall, Barquetalia can probably accept such terms". As he once again stopped to drink a bit of water, Ochoa spoke. "Still, there are some issues that concern us, like the extended presence of the Kravatoan military on the island. As our objective is to ensure the neutrality of the island, as well as its longlasting sovereignty, we believe that a prelimiary period of 12 months should be enough, with the possibility of the Provisional Assembly of extending this period via internal votings to a maximum of 36 months. This with the purpose of ensuring, once again, the neutrality of the island."

Ochoa then leaned back on his chair, looking at the other Tsunter delegate, Mr. Rackham. Minister Villegas, in turn, approached his microphone once again "Another concern would be the transparency of the ORCA Special Monitoring Mission. Although I do not wish to question ORCA's capabilities to manage ethnic conglicts, I cannot help but bring the question of wether it is the most appropiate organ to act as observers, due to several ORCA members having direct interests on the Islands. Instead, I could propose to invite observers from a neutral third party, like the Raedlon Organisation of States or the Gael 4, to act as observers and guarantee the transparency of the transitional period military government. With these small corrections, as well as what was mentioned by my compatriot, Senator Ochoa, Barquetalia would be sufficed and would agree to sponsor and sign the treaty."

Villegas and Ochoa knew they had to tread carefuly on these negotiations, especially now that they openly challenged the Tsunterland's magnificent resolution. Truth is, it was almost perfect. But observers from Raedlon or Gael presented a better oportunity to slowly build up Barquetalia's influence on the island as well, ensuring Barquetalia's increased presence north of its territory and acting as a possible first line of defense against Vacrusian aggression. But now, as both delegates leaned back on their chairs, it was a matter of waiting for the perfect moment to show all their cards.

The Tsunterlands
Spokesperson

Postby The Tsunterlands » Thu Aug 24, 2023 9:34 am

She leaned forward to her microphone. “We thank the delegation from Kravato from their support and the delegation from Barquetalia for their comments. We would like to note to note that while the G4 and ROS are, in our view, military and economic alliances meant to further their members interests, ORCA is entirely dedicated to preservation of peace in Argus. Could we perhaps compromise here and have ORCA observers joined by a monitoring mission sent from the League of the Western Isles, instead.” Although Kailey trusted the League of the Western Isles to be about a useful as a teapot made of snowflakes, she disliked the idea of inviting the Raedlonians and Gaeltics to gain a foothold so near to the Tsunter coastline.

“Secondly, we are concerned that at the present moment we do not have sufficient information to predict what the situation in Iersheno will look like in twelve months. Ideally there will a smooth transition of power from the Kravatoan Military to the new Iershenovan government created by the constitution which will be accepted by both the Kravatoan and Vacrusian peoples on Iersheno. But this would depend on the Provisional Assembly, the new constitution and then the new government both being perceived as legitimate and have the power to exercise authority over both communities. And this in turn requires that the government of the Iershenovan government is both willing and able to maintain peace on the island. If the wrong people gain power in Iersheno, we don’t want this treaty to be used to force out the very soldiers who could be protecting lives.” Kailey knew her bosses back in Barbarossa were less concerned with the lives of the Iershenovan people that with making sure the waters around the island remained peaceful but trying to claim the moral high ground wouldn’t hurt her argument.

“However, giving that our Kravatoan colleagues have already indicated they are willing to sign the document, we are willing to defer to them in regard to a timeline for withdrawal.”
Formerly a pirate republic. A country of Mediterranean peninsulas, mountains and rainforests. Home to a thriving semiconductor, financial and software industry. A flawed democracy just trying to survive in dangerous times..

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Thu Aug 24, 2023 3:15 pm

Aukola motioned to speak. He had given support previously, but this new correction by the Barquetalians was something he thought Burkas may not be in favor of. Burkas specified that he wanted moderation of Iersheno to be controlled by a sort of local force, whether that be the Kravatoan Military, oversight from neighboring nations, or possibly ORCA as the Tsunterlands had suggested. However, the idea of the ROS or the G4 moderating Iersheno was troublesome. Aukola personally didn’t care, but he knew Burkas did. Because Kravato was in ORCA, it had a voice in the oversight, and so it wouldn’t be nearly as much of a loss of control (something that Kravatoan voters would notice next year). So Aukola had to voice his disapproval of the bill.

“Thank you, Mrs. Haunt. However, I cannot maintain my signature on this proposal knowing that it may be the ROS or G4 doing the moderating. These organizations, as the Tsunter delegate said, are not created for building peace and equality in their respective regions, but for the gain of their members. An organization like ORCA, though it may have interested nations in it, is made for this sort of oversight. It has worked in the past, and so I believe it will work in the future as well.”

“Moreover, we shouldn’t grant this sort of oversight to faraway powers who have no reason to care for the people of Iersheno, much less trust that they will take up this role or do a good job of it. It is for these reasons I take away my signature of the treaty until this proposal is modified or removed.”
NS Stats are not Canon

Barquetalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Fri Aug 25, 2023 12:13 pm

Villegas frowned at the Tsunter and Kravatoan response. It was true that the G4 and ROS were not alliances that might have the best interests of the Iershenovans in mind, however they were a much better alternative to allow Barquetalia to get their share of their interests on the Island secured than ORCA. An overview commission by the League of the Western Isles, a very inneficient organ, was a better alternative at that point. He nodded at Ochoa, who got close to his microphone and cleared his throat, before commenting:

"After hearing the response by Mrs. Haunt and Mr. Aukola, we must digress once again on ORCA's impartiality. Although it is an organisation designed to promote peace and stability, and while recognising its past success, the organisation is still, under Barquetalia's eyes, not the best fit to act as a sole observer. As Mrs. Haunt pointed out, however, the possibility of having the League of the Western Isles act as a secondary observer might serve as an acceptable alternative to having the ROS or the G4. This with the purpose of guaranteeing neutrality and impartiality by the observers." Ochoa leaned back on his chair once again.

Villegas then spoke. "As of the second thing Mrs. Haunt mentioned about the uncertainty of the situation within Iersheno, we do share the concern about the possible instability that a shorter military governance period could bring if the wrong people come to power in the island. However, we must also highlight the ethnic tensions, between Kravatoan and Tsunter Iershenovans that might also generate resistance against the permanence of a longer period of Kravatoan military governance." He stopped for a second, thinking on how to explain his second point in a more careful way. He decided against mentioning the obvious Kravatoan dominance, as that would also benefit Barquetalia, and instead opted to propose a rather acceptable midpoint. "In good faith and responding to the Tsunter concern, the Barquetalian delegation proposes an extendable mid point of 24 months where the Kravatoan military will oversee the progression of the Iershenovan state's development."

Villegas then leaned back on his chair, quickly checking his phone for any updates by President Horta. He saw a worrying headline related to throngism in Barquetalia, and quickly looked up at Ochoa, who had the same worried look on his face. "I must excuse myself" Ochoa quickly said on his microphone, exiting the hall, as the news of skirmishes between a Throngist insurgence and the Barquetalian military had reached both delegates, and he was summoned back to Nueva Barques to tend to the national emergency. In his place entered a rather young woman, who sat on his chair, her brown hair tied up in a neat ponytail, and dressed in a very beautiful purple suit. She adjusted her glasses and approached the microphone. "I apologise for Senator Ochoa's departure, he was summoned back to Nueva Barques to attend to a national emergency. I will be taking his place as the second delegate of Barquetalia. I am the Vice-minister for diplomacy of the Barquetalian Foreign Affairs ministry, María Rivas". Villegas sighed in relief as she took Ochoa's place, knowing that Barquetalia was still in very capable hands.

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Fri Aug 25, 2023 2:35 pm

Radovno looked towards Aukola.

“Hennerko, if we want recognition from states like Barquetalia we may need to see a second overviewer sent from the League.”

Aukola looked down at the table. “I’m not sure if Burkas would support this.”

“The league won’t create nearly as many issues as ROS or G4 oversight, Hennerko. We should go with it.” Radovno muttered.

Aukola nodded.

“I am willing to agree to ORCA and League oversight. I now ask if there are any further proposals from the board. If there are none, I shall sign this document and consider the treaty official.”
NS Stats are not Canon

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Fri Aug 25, 2023 6:47 pm

Prime Minister Erkanazh sat silently, reviewing the treaty thus far. Such a treaty would certainly pass both chambers of the Hundarada. It would certainly be palatable to his coalition partners, who had largely supported Kravato in its war against Iersheno. It didn't add many responsibilities for Bavarno, except for a guarantee of Iershenovan sovereignty against threats.

"I am also willing to sign this treaty as it is now. In its current form, this treaty ends the Iersheno War, ensures Iershenovan sovereignty, provides for international oversight during the transitional period to independence, and is guaranteed by 5 of Iersheno's neighbors, who will prevent further Vacrusian encroachment upon Iersheno. I am confident that this document will usher in a new era of peace and stability in the Mesder Sea for the near future."

Vacrus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Sep 03, 2022
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Vacrus » Sat Aug 26, 2023 4:47 pm

"I guess I have no other choice, other than to sign this treaty, the Vacrusian people was currently struggling facing riots everywhere in our nation, the only best thing we can do to prevent more riots was to stop this war entirely. We, as the Vacrusian people, surrended to the coalition, therefore we will hand over all our property to the coalition. We will put our generals that was involved in the war to court, its up to decide whether you wanted it to be in our country or yours."

Mercht Dhormann takes a deep breath before signing the treaty.

The Tsunterlands
Spokesperson

Postby The Tsunterlands » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:27 pm

Councillor Light Rackham of the Tsunter Executive Council was deep in concentration as he scrolled through his Twitter mentions and cross-referenced his polling numbers. He felt a soft tap on his shoulder.

“Councillor, I believe negotiations have concluded.” Kailey held out a fountain pen. “Now we need your signature.” Light’s mildly startled impression quickly switched to his normal composed and cocksure smile as he leaned towards the microphone. “Gentlemen, ladies. I think everyone in this room is certainly due a proper hero’s welcome when we return home, given to this… this… truly well-crafted and… and just fantastic – uh – thing we’ve produced here. We’ve all worked hard to reach this moment.” Light felt Kailey’s cold stare on his back as he rambled. “To peace.” He finished, before moving to sign the document.

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:41 pm

Prime Minister Erkanaj took out a fancy ceremonial pen from his pocket and signed his name in elegant cursive.

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Sat Aug 26, 2023 5:53 pm

"It seems there are no further proposals. May I hope that this dcument is remembered in history for aiding to end an era of conflict for the island of Iersheno, and for stabilizing Mesder tensions." Aukola said.

Aukola leaned over and signed the document.
NS Stats are not Canon

Barquetalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Sat Aug 26, 2023 8:57 pm

Vice-minister Rivas and Minister Villegas nodded, with the latter approaching his microphone:

"Barquetalia will sign this treaty as well, for the benefit of the Mesder and the promise of peace." he then grabbed a pen from his pocket and leaned over the document, signing in a very elegant cursive. Rivas, on the other hand, added:

"As for the Vacrusian generals, Cardinal Dhormann, I would suggest them being judged by the Iershenovan courts once their legal system is up and running, being held by the Kravatoan government untill then, since most of the damage was done to the people of Iersheno." With that being said, Vice-minister Rivas sat back on her chair, just as Minister Villegas finished signing the document.

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:34 am

Burkas entered the Spraka Room. It was odd, when he had seen the Governor’s Mansion this morning it was bustling with reporters and people. Now, at 8:00 pm, it seemed dead and empty.

As he entered the room, he greeted his diligent Minister of Foreign Affairs, Hennerko Aukola, and the delegates from Barquetalia, Bavarno, the Tsunterlands, and Arvento. He sat down at the table, taking the head seat that had been empty during negotiations.

“Good evening, ladies and gentleman. I apologize for my absence from the peace talks. It is good to finally see that our governments are coming together to achieve a common goal. I believe the first matter we should discuss a group address to is the matter of how our nations will arrange more trade security in the Mesder in these shockingly un-secure times.”

“I suggest we, as a group, set a tariff limit on each other so that our markets will benefit each other, which will allow for short term market closures such as that of the oil rig explosion in Askusia which shut down the northern canal. I think this limit should be at about 3%.

“Next, I believe that if important maritime transport lanes are closed by the actions of another government, we, as a group, should take part in reprimanding said government.”

“I also believe we should encourage the growth and advancement of a somewhat unified Mesder market, which will also keep our individual markets strong if there was to be another event which would cause problems.”

Burkas look over at the delegates, eager to hear their responses.
NS Stats are not Canon

Bavarno
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Bavarno » Sun Aug 27, 2023 11:22 am

Prime Minister Erkanazh mulled over the proposals. It was good, in his opinion, but it didn't go far enough.

"I believe that if a hostile government closes an important waterway to our nations, we should also jointly consider military action to keep trade lanes open. I also believe we should all sign a treaty of mutual defense. We are already sworn to aid Iersheno if they are invaded, why shouldn't we also aid each other if one of us is invaded? Economic cooperation will help in times of peace, but military cooperation will help in times of war. You, Prime Minister," he said, gesturing towards Burkas, "should appreciate such a possibility considering the war that just ended. It may prevent another such conflict from occurring."

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Sun Aug 27, 2023 9:54 pm

Burkas nodded.

"Feel free to call me Sandro. I agree with your idea completely. If we were to create some form of document including a mutual defense clause, then we would greatly back up each other's security and create an environment in the Mesder in which none of our sovereignty or authority shall be violated or infringed upon."

"Minister Aukola has drafted up the first part of the document for this mutual defense clause. Hennerko, if you could?"

Clause A: Mutual Defense

All member states shall wage war upon any nation do violate the authority of sovereignty of their fellow members, with violating the authority or sovereignty referring to any act of war or violence being made upon the government or the people of a nation.
NS Stats are not Canon

Barquetalia
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Barquetalia » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:14 pm

Vice-minister for Diplomacy María Rivas was sitting at the table still, acompanied by Minister Francisco José Villegas. Both delegates were sitting close to each other. They examined the proposed Mutual Defense Clause. Where Villegas saw oportunity, Rivas saw a lack of clarity. She reached for her microphone and spoke:

"The proposal made by Mr. Burkas- excuse me, Sandro, seems efficient, yet I can't help but ask two things: Firstly, are there any other limits to this clause? And would inducing insurgence count as an act of war?"

Her questions were orientated towards the current crisis lived in Barquetalia. This first day of fighting between the Barquetalian Armed Forces and the Barquetalian Throngist Front had been gruesome, with several dozens soldiers and civilians already reported wounded or dead in several regions of North Barquesia. It was all a matter of strategy to block out the Lesvan support that was incoming to the rebels, and ideally repell them and judiccialise them for their crimes against the Republic.

Kravato
Spokesperson

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Kravato » Mon Aug 28, 2023 3:59 pm

Sandro nudged Aukola. He whispered to him.

“Hennerko, help me here. We cannot risk war with Lesva, to be frank. How should I go about this question?”

Hennerko nodded. He responded.

“Sandro, just don’t extend the policy to the current, pre-agreement situation.”

Sandro nodded.

“Now, Vice-Minister Rivas-May I call you María-I think this is a very delicate situation. I don’t believe the properties of this clause should be extended to offenses, as is in your case from Lesva, after the clause has been created. I think we should however, all agree as nations to support Barquetalia through her trying times. The challenge will be doing this without offending Lesva to the point of aggression; though the world may not be aware, the Kravatoan government knows that it is in possession of bioweaponry which I do not want Barquetalia to be on the receiving end of.”

“After this signing however, should Lesva sponsor Throngist revolutionaries in the Tsunterlands, Arvento, or Bavarno, we should all pledge to give some show of force, with the same going for any foreign political intervention involving the direct funding of a domestic terrorist group, such as the TNF. I hope this answers your second question.”
NS Stats are not Canon

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents