NATION

PASSWORD

Fenwick Brigade occupation of Iceland

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:16 am

Nyetoa wrote:
Fenwick Foundation wrote:Nah, I read that it could work even with Yellowstone. Which isn't very small and isn't about to erupt.

https://www.usgs.gov/observatories/yvo/ ... r%20weapon.

Despite the title, this article doesn't actually disprove what I said. All it says is that an earthquake doesn't do it and dropping one on top of the volcano wouldn't work.
In 2021, Lord President George Fenwick lost re-election and sacked Munkchester. He and his son promptly escaped from community service in Sweden to international waters. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as slavers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the Fenwick Foundation.

Nyetoa
Diplomat

Founded: Oct 19, 2022
Father Knows Best State

Postby Nyetoa » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:18 am

Fenwick Foundation wrote:

Despite the title, this article doesn't actually disprove what I said. All it says is that an earthquake doesn't do it and dropping one on top of the volcano wouldn't work.

The Hebgen Lake earthquake released more energy than a 2-megaton nuclear weapon—100 times larger than the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima in 1945, and equivalent to an "average" hydrogen bomb. What's more, this earthquake occurred not above, but next to Yellowstone's largely solid magma body, so most of the earthquake's energy was transmitted directly into the rock. In a nuclear attack, the detonation would occur above ground, so the majority of the energy would be released into the air. And guess what happened to Yellowstone volcano after the M7.3 earthquake? It didn't erupt! The only impacts were some changes in hot springs and geysers due to the shaking.
The new account of the Democratic Republic of Nytoa
GENERATION 69: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
Communism is kinda cringe tbh.
I reserve the right to /stillme any effortless post on f7, if I put effort into it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |
░░░░░░░░─╤▂▃▃▄▄▄███████▄▃|
▂█▃▃▅▅███/█████\█<RJ>█\███▅▅▅▃▂
◥███████████████████████████████◤

Regnum Alea Spaceflee
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 02, 2022
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Regnum Alea Spaceflee » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:19 am

Anyway, MIC is now going to beat your ass in.
Why is Emperor Nero in a red dress?
Must be
Fate./Extra Last Encore
Sometimes I'm glad Adam and Eve ate the apple.

The Rio Grande River Basin
Senator

Founded: Sep 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:20 am

That’s what you proposed… dropping a nuke on it. An earthquake worth 2 megatons in a more ideal position is better than a nuke.
Last edited by The Rio Grande River Basin on Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
FT Canon is most developed, therefore for F7
This Index says I am 0.364
Battle of Mar’Sa’Nakar ends in Pyrrhic victory as the Galactic Federation suffers losses, in defending the critical sector. GFS Andromeda severely damaged, GFS Comet destroyed. Mass evacuation of outer sector worlds beginning.
Something of a McGovernite, have some sympathy for Huey Long. Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: -5.59
Friend of Kraven, 2005-2023
18 years of stories deleted
Kraven Prevails!

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:40 am

Nyetoa wrote:
Fenwick Foundation wrote:Despite the title, this article doesn't actually disprove what I said. All it says is that an earthquake doesn't do it and dropping one on top of the volcano wouldn't work.

The Hebgen Lake earthquake released more energy than a 2-megaton nuclear weapon—100 times larger than the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima in 1945, and equivalent to an "average" hydrogen bomb. What's more, this earthquake occurred not above, but next to Yellowstone's largely solid magma body, so most of the earthquake's energy was transmitted directly into the rock. In a nuclear attack, the detonation would occur above ground, so the majority of the energy would be released into the air. And guess what happened to Yellowstone volcano after the M7.3 earthquake? It didn't erupt! The only impacts were some changes in hot springs and geysers due to the shaking.

Yeah, I read the article, you don't need to copy from it.
In 2021, Lord President George Fenwick lost re-election and sacked Munkchester. He and his son promptly escaped from community service in Sweden to international waters. Today, still wanted by the government, they survive as slavers of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find them, maybe you can hire... the Fenwick Foundation.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:42 am

Nyetoa wrote:The Hebgen Lake earthquake released more energy than a 2-megaton nuclear weapon—100 times larger than the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima in 1945, and equivalent to an "average" hydrogen bomb. What's more, this earthquake occurred not above, but next to Yellowstone's largely solid magma body, so most of the earthquake's energy was transmitted directly into the rock. In a nuclear attack, the detonation would occur above ground, so the majority of the energy would be released into the air. And guess what happened to Yellowstone volcano after the M7.3 earthquake? It didn't erupt! The only impacts were some changes in hot springs and geysers due to the shaking.

Go on…
Battle of Mar’Sa’Nakar ends in Pyrrhic victory as the Galactic Federation suffers losses, in defending the critical sector. GFS Andromeda severely damaged, GFS Comet destroyed. Mass evacuation of outer sector worlds beginning.
Something of a McGovernite, have some sympathy for Huey Long. Political Compass: Economic Left/Right: -9.88
Kraven Prevails!

Nyetoa
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Nyetoa » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:43 am

Nyetoa wrote:The Hebgen Lake earthquake released more energy than a 2-megaton nuclear weapon—100 times larger than the atomic bomb that destroyed Hiroshima in 1945, and equivalent to an "average" hydrogen bomb. What's more, this earthquake occurred not above, but next to Yellowstone's largely solid magma body, so most of the earthquake's energy was transmitted directly into the rock. In a nuclear attack, the detonation would occur above ground, so the majority of the energy would be released into the air. And guess what happened to Yellowstone volcano after the M7.3 earthquake? It didn't erupt! The only impacts were some changes in hot springs and geysers due to the shaking.

Sorry I just thought you missed that part
GENERATION 69: The first time you see this, copy it into your signature on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment
I reserve the right to /stillme any effortless post on f7, if I put effort into it.
(\__/)
(='.'=)
(")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |

Nyetoa
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Nyetoa » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:51 am

A breakaway group of the Blue Hand have hijacked a D1 submarine, which is a small submarine with a detachable drill. A task force of 10 soldiers with 5 staying on board have burrowed into the location of the Fenwicks bunker, then when the eventually find it they drill a hole in the wall. The drill has a Tsar Bomba attached to it, the plan is for the submarine to sail away before detonating it however the soldiers find themselves suppressed by enemy fire with 4 killed the last remaining one presses the button, detonating the nuclear weapon.
(\__/)
(='.'=)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:54 am

Nyetoa wrote:A breakaway group of the Blue Hand have hijacked a D1 submarine, which is a small submarine with a detachable drill. A task force of 10 soldiers with 5 staying on board have burrowed into the location of the Fenwicks bunker, then when the eventually find it they drill a hole in the wall. The drill has a Tsar Bomba attached to it, the plan is for the submarine to sail away before detonating it however the soldiers find themselves suppressed by enemy fire with 4 killed the last remaining one presses the button, detonating the nuclear weapon.

Don't godmod. You don't control my people.

Nyetoa
Diplomat

Father Knows Best State

Postby Nyetoa » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:55 am

Nyetoa wrote:A breakaway group of the Blue Hand have hijacked a D1 submarine, which is a small submarine with a detachable drill. A task force of 10 soldiers with 5 staying on board have burrowed into the location of the Fenwicks bunker, then when the eventually find it they drill a hole in the wall. The drill has a Tsar Bomba attached to it, the plan is for the submarine to sail away before detonating it however the soldiers find themselves suppressed by enemy fire with 4 killed the last remaining one presses the button, detonating the nuclear weapon.

Don't godmod. You don't control my people.

Detonating a nuke isn't godmodding
(\__/)
(='.'=)

░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░─╤▌██ |

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 10:56 am

I fear you two both critically misunderstood how a nuke works...
Kraven Prevails!

-Pashtunistan
Envoy

Founded: Aug 14, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby -Pashtunistan » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:01 am

The Persian Air Force requests both sides for safe passage to retrieve the 63rd Airborne who are, as of now, Still in the Icelandic interior doing nothing for anyone.
Last edited by -Pashtunistan on Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:03 am, edited 2 times in total.
Last thing young tajik children see before being executed by Pashtun police officers.
I am an ex-Muslim who converted to Christianity. I am extremely racist(Indo-Europeans forever baby, except for the North Indians, I don't like them.) also but I can still have civil conversations, and ask that you do the same. I accept homosexuals(Bisexual myself, heh), but I don't believe a guy can change genders...
Homosexual rights are human rights. Bisexual Rights are human rights. Trans rights are satanic.

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 11:57 am

The Astral Mandate wrote:
Fenwick Foundation wrote:"We're upping the cost to $20 billion," says Richard Fenwick.

"Fifteen."

"$17.5 billion."

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:01 pm

OOC: They killed a few ten thousand people. Maybe killing the Fenwicks for once and for all, even at the cost of a few hundred thousand people isn’t that bad an idea.
Kraven Prevails!

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:03 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:OOC: They killed a few ten thousand people. Maybe killing the Fenwicks for once and for all, even at the cost of a few hundred thousand people isn’t that bad an idea.

OOC: You would kill part of the Fenwick Brigade. A pretty decent part of it, but only part of it; they're not all busy in Iceland. And you wouldn't even be touching the Fenwick Foundation.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:03 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:OOC: They killed a few ten thousand people. Maybe killing the Fenwicks for once and for all, even at the cost of a few hundred thousand people isn’t that bad an idea.

OOC: You would kill part of the Fenwick Brigade. A pretty decent part of it, but only part of it; they're not all busy in Iceland. And you wouldn't even be touching the Fenwick Foundation.

Probably enough to cripple a significant section of their operations for god knows how long.
Kraven Prevails!

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:06 pm

-Pashtunistan wrote:The Persian Air Force requests both sides for safe passage to retrieve the 63rd Airborne who are, as of now, Still in the Icelandic interior doing nothing for anyone.

Richard Fenwick says that getting them out by air will be an impossibility due to the volcanic ash (OOC: which is canon unless people want me to point out serious realism issues in their own posts (unlike mine which are realistic including the ones where I nuke volcanoes), but since non-Gamer Iran didn't stab them in the back they're willing to arrange safe passage provided they don't try anything against the Fenwick Brigade.

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:
Fenwick Foundation wrote:OOC: You would kill part of the Fenwick Brigade. A pretty decent part of it, but only part of it; they're not all busy in Iceland. And you wouldn't even be touching the Fenwick Foundation.

Probably enough to cripple a significant section of their operations for god knows how long.

The only loss to the Fenwick Foundation would really be Richard Fenwick, and it's not even guaranteed that you'd get him.

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:07 pm

-Pashtunistan wrote:The Persian Air Force requests both sides for safe passage to retrieve the 63rd Airborne who are, as of now, Still in the Icelandic interior doing nothing for anyone.

Richard Fenwick says that getting them out by air will be an impossibility due to the volcanic ash (OOC: which is canon unless people want me to point out serious realism issues in their own posts (unlike mine which are realistic including the ones where I nuke volcanoes), but since non-Gamer Iran didn't stab them in the back they're willing to arrange safe passage provided they don't try anything against the Fenwick Brigade.

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:Probably enough to cripple a significant section of their operations for god knows how long.

The only loss to the Fenwick Foundation would really be Richard Fenwick, and it's not even guaranteed that you'd get him.

OOC: We’ve already agreed, with proof, the nuke volcano stuff doesn’t work. But it’s a game, fine. At the same time, enough people to genocide 325000 people, is probably significant for a private company.
Kraven Prevails!

Regnum Alea Spaceflee
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Regnum Alea Spaceflee » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:08 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:Probably enough to cripple a significant section of their operations for god knows how long.

I smell uranium time
Must be
Fate./Extra Last Encore

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:10 pm

Fenwick Foundation wrote:Richard Fenwick says that getting them out by air will be an impossibility due to the volcanic ash (OOC: which is canon unless people want me to point out serious realism issues in their own posts (unlike mine which are realistic including the ones where I nuke volcanoes), but since non-Gamer Iran didn't stab them in the back they're willing to arrange safe passage provided they don't try anything against the Fenwick Brigade.

OOC: We’ve already agreed, with proof, the nuke volcano stuff doesn’t work. But it’s a game, fine. At the same time, enough people to genocide 325000 people, is probably significant for a private company.

OOC: Well, I would disagree, actually. As for the significance: the Fenwick Brigade has millions of men stationed around the world. We're not even talking a tenth of that in this Iceland.

The Empire Of The Sutherlands
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 04, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Empire Of The Sutherlands » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:11 pm

Ottomahn Empire wrote:The Ottoman Empire is threatening to sail the Tirpitz, which has finished its Sea Trials and is ready for war, over to Iceland and pound anything Fenwick Brigade on the coasts into dust.

"We welcome death!" laughs Richard Fenwick. "But our hostages might not, and we have plenty of them. Women and children included."

Any alive left to sell?
Throw 'em a fake and a finagle
They'll never know you're just a bagel

Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rio Grande River Basin » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:11 pm

The Rio Grande River Basin wrote:OOC: We’ve already agreed, with proof, the nuke volcano stuff doesn’t work. But it’s a game, fine. At the same time, enough people to genocide 325000 people, is probably significant for a private company.

OOC: Well, I would disagree, actually. As for the significance: the Fenwick Brigade has millions of men stationed around the world. We're not even talking a tenth of that in this Iceland.

Sorry, wait, millions of men, without being a nation, and somehow for hire, whilst still not getting their asses nuked?
Kraven Prevails!

Regnum Alea Spaceflee
Ambassador

Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Regnum Alea Spaceflee » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm

The Empire Of The Sutherlands wrote:
Fenwick Foundation wrote:"We welcome death!" laughs Richard Fenwick. "But our hostages might not, and we have plenty of them. Women and children included."

Any alive left to sell?

Do you want to be non-existent?
Must be
Fate./Extra Last Encore

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:12 pm

Fenwick Foundation wrote:OOC: Well, I would disagree, actually. As for the significance: the Fenwick Brigade has millions of men stationed around the world. We're not even talking a tenth of that in this Iceland.

Sorry, wait, millions of men, without being a nation, and somehow for hire, whilst still not getting their asses nuked?

This is the world of NS, where you have tons of nations with populations in the billions.

Fenwick Foundation
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Fenwick Foundation » Mon Feb 06, 2023 12:13 pm

The Empire Of The Sutherlands wrote:
Fenwick Foundation wrote:"We welcome death!" laughs Richard Fenwick. "But our hostages might not, and we have plenty of them. Women and children included."

Any alive left to sell?

Some, but transport might be difficult, especially so with everyone hanging around Iceland at the moment.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents