NATION

PASSWORD

Fate2 : Tales of the LF detachment. (sign ups)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Hahoalki
Envoy

Founded: Jul 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hahoalki » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:09 pm

Aurelleon wrote:
Hahoalki wrote:
I gave an explicit suggestion for balance:

I know it's hard, but I'm asking you to think about what I'm capable of, and make a decision. I don't want to be up against a sliding scale enemy.

If it's up to me to power scale, you I'd say you are either an equal or slightly worse than the OJ2 forces. It's clear that you are set on establishing a top dog in the Fate universe and that would be the best I could give you for your aspired role. So, if you see that if OJ2 is trying to do something alone like in fort Kyro and they fail, that's a good indicator that you'd also fail.

So, the entirety of OJ2 was invested in the assault on Fort Kyro?

You keep equivocating between overall power and "technological" power. :?:

Last I checked there were only a handful of titans in the attack on Fort Kyro, now you're letting new players build them by the hundreds with no complaint.

I don't see any reason to abide by the limits of OJ2 if that means that any time some small portion of their forces fail, it entails that my entire force will fail.
Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

Democracy is the art and science of running the circus from the monkey cage.

If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
As democracy is perfected, the office of the president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Elysian Treaty Organization
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 20, 2022
Anarchy

Postby Elysian Treaty Organization » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:17 pm

In order for me to gauge the Koraxian Military in an accurate manner, I'll need to ask a few questions.

1. What weapons do the Korax use? What is their range, and how fast do they go?

2. How do the Korax deal with logistics?

3. How do the Korax propel their ships? Can they evade incoming fire, and how much Gs can they pull to evade said fire?

4. What is the Koraxian Doctrine? How do they fight on land and space?

5. How good are the Korax at coordinating military operations? How does their C4I work?
Last edited by Elysian Treaty Organization on Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Currently in the process of converting to a "Hardish" FT nation with a few liberties, ala the Expanse.

Still crunching numbers on delta-v for my missiles and ships.

YOU GET A RKV! HE GETS A RKV! WE ALL GET RKVS!

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 16, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelleon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:19 pm

Hahoalki wrote:
Aurelleon wrote:

If it's up to me to power scale, you I'd say you are either an equal or slightly worse than the OJ2 forces. It's clear that you are set on establishing a top dog in the Fate universe and that would be the best I could give you for your aspired role. So, if you see that if OJ2 is trying to do something alone like in fort Kyro and they fail, that's a good indicator that you'd also fail.

Last I checked there were only a handful of titans in the attack on Fort Kyro, now you're letting new players build them by the hundreds with no complaint.

I don't see any reason to abide by the limits of OJ2 if that means that any time some small portion of their forces fail, it entails that my entire force will fail.

Well sure that was not my greatest example, but you were supposed to lose that one either way as fort Kyro outnumbered your 213 by a landslide and you actually attacked the second layer which was much more armed than the last. The LF detachment just broke a wall and dipped. Still in some sort of way I power scaled you to an appropriate level so the rest I say figure it out yourself.

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 10, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Observation Post 13 » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:22 pm

Hello Aurelleon I'm wondering if I am allowed to deploy the first lance of CPA AI Titans alongside Novaya's Atlas Expeditionary Fleet, or do you want me to ship those titans to the Wanderer Cloning Facility so they can be used alongside the 5 million blue-scarf soldiers?

Hahoalki
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hahoalki » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:24 pm

Aurelleon wrote:
Hahoalki wrote:

Well sure that was not my greatest example, but you were supposed to lose that one either way as fort Kyro outnumbered your 213 by a landslide and you actually attacked the second layer which was much more armed than the last. The LF detachment just broke a wall and dipped. Still in some sort of way I power scaled you to an appropriate level so the rest I say figure it out yourself.

I don't see why you're so insistent on boosting the Korax whenever I get involved, you're the one that accepted my application, you're the one who approved my factbook, and I even went so far as to telegram you to be absolutely sure you had no problems with letting a force that advanced into the fray, and you gave me the green light.

Then, once I act like the technological hyperpower you said I could be, you (in the words of Ancient Caste) "make the primary anti-korax power ignore [me] and then literally ignore the shit we pulled on the Korax for god-knows-why and then pull Gods out of thin air when this escalates into IC consequences once the polities that be decide to ditch OJ2 and pursue a more proactive engagement."

And when I complain about your manifestly irrational behavior, you make it sound like I'm the one causing balance problems.

So, assuming that N nations are willing to fight Korax, this is what it boils down to for me.

1. Are you willing to allow my current force, with the technologies described in the Factbook you approved, to stalemate 1/(2*N)th of Koraxian forces on Highlend - complete with the same fraction of their various force multipliers (titans, Forts, warships, etc.)?

2. If you are not, would you be willing to allow me to increase the size of my invasion force until it is capable of doing so?

If the answer to both questions is "no," I'm first going to pull out (because it's clear that you shouldn't have let a FFT nation into this RP in the first place), and then I'm going to void all of my actions prior to this point, just to make this as much of a headache for you as it is for me.
Last edited by Hahoalki on Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance.

If a politician found he had cannibals among his constituents, he would promise them missionaries for dinner.

The whole aim of practical politics is to keep the populace alarmed (and hence clamorous to be led to safety) by menacing it with an endless series of hobgoblins, all of them imaginary.
As democracy is perfected, the office of the president represents, more and more closely, the inner soul of the people. We move toward a lofty ideal. On some great and glorious day, the plain folks of the land will reach their heart’s desire at last, and the White House will be adorned by a downright moron.

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelleon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:37 pm

Elysian Treaty Organization wrote:In order for me to gauge the Koraxian Military in an accurate manner, I'll need to ask a few questions.

1. What weapons do the Korax use? What is their range, and how fast do they go?

2. How do the Korax deal with logistics?

3. How do the Korax propel their ships? Can they evade incoming fire, and how much Gs can they pull to evade said fire?

4. What is the Koraxian Doctrine? How do they fight on land and space?

5. How good are the Korax at coordinating military operations? How does their C4I work?

1. On land you can see Korax use a variety of weapons but the most common one is the standard Koraxian plasma rifle which basically is like a smaller titan rifle as Koraxians are half the size of titans which is 20ft tall. One space you'll see ion and plasma cannons which are honestly common all across the Fate universe and even OJ2 uses it just with a couple differences in manufacturing. You'll also see nukes, reality breaking explosives and most of the weaponry seen across the Fate universe. The Koraxians best tool in the sky are mirror cannons which are made from a morphable material like in transformers age of extinction and the cannons scan weapons on enemy ships and imitate their attack, this is mostly used for fighting enemies they don't know very much about.

2. The best way I can put it is that in every planet they conquer which at this point is like a third of the milky way they establish transport docks and factories, so they never have to wait for help to come from their home galaxy to resupply they just stop at the nearest colonized planet. If you don't like this answer sorry but I cannot answer much.

3. Thrusters like most ships in the fate universe. They can evade incoming fire, but I can't answer how many G's, though trust me you won't see things like Koraxian ships dodging shots at point blank range. It's not overpowered.

4. It would be a waste for Koraxian soldiers to be placed in a space battle, so most Koraxians fight on land while AI controlled ships deal with what is in the sky.

5. They can coordinate very well as they have conquered many planets by working together, I cannot comment much on your C4I question.

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelleon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:42 pm

Hahoalki wrote:
Aurelleon wrote:

I don't see why you're so insistent on boosting the Korax whenever I get involved, you're the one that accepted my application, you're the one who approved my factbook, and I even went so far as to telegram you to be absolutely sure you had no problems with letting a force that advanced into the fray, and you gave me the green light.

Then, once I act like the technological hyperpower you said I could be, you (in the words of Ancient Caste) "make the primary anti-korax power ignore [me] and then literally ignore the shit we pulled on the Korax for god-knows-why and then pull Gods out of thin air when this escalates into IC consequences once the polities that be decide to ditch OJ2 and pursue a more proactive engagement."

And when I complain about your manifestly irrational behavior, you make it sound like I'm the one causing balance problems.

So, assuming that N nations are willing to fight Korax, this is what it boils down to for me.

1. Are you willing to allow my current force, with the technologies described in the Factbook you approved, to stalemate 1/(2*N)th of Koraxian forces on Highlend - complete with the same fraction of their various force multipliers (titans, Forts, warships, etc.)?

2. If you are not, would you be willing to allow me to increase the size of my invasion force until it is capable of doing so?

If the answer to both questions is "no," I'm first going to pull out (because it's clear that you shouldn't have let a FFT nation into this RP in the first place), and then I'm going to void all of my actions prior to this point, just to make this as much of a headache for you as it is for me.

Sorry champ the answer is no and also yeah it was sort of my bad that I let you in since I skimmed your application thinking you were a regular like everyone else instead of a god tier nation in the Fate universe. Also..... actually, you sorta can't void it. Your actions will still be remembered in the Fate universe, and it is still part of the lore. Same applies with the ancient caste. The only thing I have to do is just say the Hahoalki and ancient caste were simply killed off at some point.

Not too much of a headache now innit.
Last edited by Aurelleon on Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bureaucrat

Anarchy

Postby Elysian Treaty Organization » Fri Nov 25, 2022 1:58 pm

Aurelleon wrote:
Hahoalki wrote:I don't see why you're so insistent on boosting the Korax whenever I get involved, you're the one that accepted my application, you're the one who approved my factbook, and I even went so far as to telegram you to be absolutely sure you had no problems with letting a force that advanced into the fray, and you gave me the green light.

Sorry champ the answer is no and also yeah it was sort of my bad that I let you in since I skimmed your application thinking you were a regular like everyone else instead of a god tier nation in the Fate universe. Also..... actually, you sorta can't void it. Your actions will still be remembered in the Fate universe, and it is still part of the lore. Same applies with the ancient caste. The only thing I have to do is just say the Hahoalki and ancient caste were simply killed off at some point.

If a RPer decides to void his actions, they never happened. Those actions had no effect and never happened in your universe. Their nations did not exist in your universe.

Continuing to involve them in a RP without their consent is horrid RP etiquette, and might be against the rules.
Currently in the process of converting to a "Hardish" FT nation with a few liberties, ala the Expanse.

Hahoalki
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Hahoalki » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:06 pm

Aurelleon wrote:
Hahoalki wrote:I don't see why you're so insistent on boosting the Korax whenever I get involved, you're the one that accepted my application, you're the one who approved my factbook, and I even went so far as to telegram you to be absolutely sure you had no problems with letting a force that advanced into the fray, and you gave me the green light.

So, let me get this straight.

You negligently allow an FFT nation into your RP.

When said FFT acts like an FFT nation, you try to squash it.

When the FFT nation refuses to be squashed, you use Deus Ex Machina to reverse everything they do.

When the FFT nation complains about it, you say "no, be small or go away."

And, to add insult to injury, if the FFT nation opts to go away, you declare that you will shit on their canon by declaring that "they got killed" by a bunch of brane-bound nearbaseline thugs.

Does any of that sound reasonable to you?

Bureaucrat

Anarchy

Postby Elysian Treaty Organization » Fri Nov 25, 2022 2:42 pm

Right.

I'm out. OP has demonstrated his inability to compromise and sheer negligence.

My posts are being voided. Do not make any further mention of the Elysian Treaty Organization.

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelleon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:00 pm

Elysian Treaty Organization wrote:
Aurelleon wrote:

If a RPer decides to void his actions, they never happened. Those actions had no effect and never happened in your universe. Their nations did not exist in your universe.

Continuing to involve them in a RP without their consent is horrid RP etiquette, and might be against the rules.

Shouldn't matter too much to him anyways. This should be non-cannon to his nation as it is for mine and everyone else here so its not like this event will touch his nations actual image in any way shape or form. Plus, odds are they are not going to be mentioned ever again in this rp but their actions still happened since major stuff in the Fate series happened with their involvement such as highlend being blown up. If they really don't want me to credit them for past events in the fate series that badly I'll probably just make some name changes. I also don't even have to say they got killed off I could just say they went home or went missing.
Last edited by Aurelleon on Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelleon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 3:02 pm

Elysian Treaty Organization wrote:Right.

I'm out. OP has demonstrated his inability to compromise and sheer negligence.

My posts are being voided. Do not make any further mention of the Elysian Treaty Organization.

You made one scene in all of Fate; odds are you won't be mentioned in major cannon.

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Founded: May 01, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Fri Nov 25, 2022 5:17 pm

Cease your pointless arguing. Are you trying to ruin the mood here? And stop it, please.

I know, I am speaking out of line, but ETO, Aurelleon, Hahoalki, restrain yourselves. Your arguments will clog the OOC thread. The fact you three kept fighting meant the OOC thread's gonna be clogged with your own posts.

If there's ANYTHING you three have to say, you just need to say it to me. I apologize for speaking out.
READ BELOW!

I RP as Novaya, a Human militaristic nation (cuz anime) and an archipelagic country. I also RP as the Novayan Stellar Commonwealth, a FanFT/FanFFT nation.
Please refer to me/my nation as Novaya in both IC and OOC, NOT Novaya Equestria.

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelleon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 9:21 pm

Novaya Equestria wrote:Cease your pointless arguing. Are you trying to ruin the mood here? And stop it, please.

I know, I am speaking out of line, but ETO, Aurelleon, Hahoalki, restrain yourselves. Your arguments will clog the OOC thread. The fact you three kept fighting meant the OOC thread's gonna be clogged with your own posts.

If there's ANYTHING you three have to say, you just need to say it to me. I apologize for speaking out.

Don't worry the arguments already over they both left.

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Actual OOC news

Postby Aurelleon » Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:06 pm

So anyone participating in this rp if you have any important characters in the Fate series I would like to know. I have some characters that are important in Fate lore or at least are featured often

#1 Wyvern: Wyvern has been in fate since fate one and was created to represent the point of view of an average soldier in a massive war. He was like the main character to me but with barely any plot armor as the Korax absolutely dominated him in combat and almost killed him and his titan. Nowadays in Fate 2 he serves less of a main character role but rather the role of an older high ranking veteran ruined by trauma from how events on earth unfolded. He has also gotten significantly stronger since Fate 1 as ever since he started working for OJ2 in the LF he has received powerful cyberware meant to fight Korax and his titan was modified to be the strongest defensive titan yet, the shield titan.

#2 Markus: Markus is supposed to serve as the point of view of the average soldier ever since Wyvern changed. Markus is the youngest out of all of the characters as he is only 15 and he can often not be the brightest or strongest in war despite being a blue scarf, however he does make up for this with his determination and resolve to win even though this resolve almost always tries to get him killed.
Last edited by Aurelleon on Fri Nov 25, 2022 10:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Observation Post 13
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 10, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Observation Post 13 » Sat Nov 26, 2022 6:50 am

Hello Aurelleon, I don't have any significant characters for now but if they come up I shall inform you immediately. :)

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelleon » Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:06 am

Observation Post 13 wrote:Hello Aurelleon, I don't have any significant characters for now but if they come up I shall inform you immediately. :)

got it!

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Sat Nov 26, 2022 11:19 am

I'll make my post somewhere today afternoon or evening.
READ BELOW!

I RP as Novaya, a Human militaristic nation (cuz anime) and an archipelagic country. I also RP as the Novayan Stellar Commonwealth, a FanFT/FanFFT nation.
Please refer to me/my nation as Novaya in both IC and OOC, NOT Novaya Equestria.

Novaya Equestria
Senator

Democratic Socialists

Postby Novaya Equestria » Sun Nov 27, 2022 5:35 pm

In case any of you saw it, I somehow posted my RP post whilst logged in as Atlas Expeditionary Fleet, my new nation. I thought I posted it as Novaya Equestria. My bad!
READ BELOW!

Aurelleon
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Aurelleon » Sun Nov 27, 2022 9:01 pm

Novaya Equestria wrote:In case any of you saw it, I somehow posted my RP post whilst logged in as Atlas Expeditionary Fleet, my new nation. I thought I posted it as Novaya Equestria. My bad!

Oh I did not notice

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents