NATION

PASSWORD

The Andreusville Talks (Janpian BDS Participants only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Atlantic Federalist Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:23 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:"Yes, but we need to define some 'rules' before creating the organization"

“Rule number one should be “To fight those who do harm”. Our mission doesn’t just fall to the Janpians, but to the Galapagosians, Countesians, Aquarians, and many others. These threats, albeit minor ones, have worked alongside Janpia to create chaos.”

OOC: I think SA understands a lot more than we do about this sort of thing, but the main question is: who is going to create the organization? (the topic)
[ABANDONED NATION]

Piscatania
Attaché

Founded: Jul 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Piscatania » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:24 am

Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:"Yes, but we need to define some 'rules' before creating the organization"

“Rule number one should be “To fight those who do harm”. Our mission doesn’t just fall to the Janpians, but to the Galapagosians, Countesians, Aquarians, and many others. These threats, albeit minor ones, have worked alongside Janpia to create chaos.”

Perhaps more specific terminology would be preferable “To provide for a common defense against actors posing a threat to the security of reasonable nations.”

Piscatania
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Piscatania » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:55 am

Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:

OOC: I think SA understands a lot more than we do about this sort of thing, but the main question is: who is going to create the organization? (the topic)

OOC: I think We let SM take the lead on that, we need a name though. How do people feel about “The Andreusville Pact?
Last edited by Piscatania on Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:58 am

Piscatania wrote:

OOC: I think We let SM take the lead on that, we need a name though. How do people feel about “The Andreusville Pact?

OOC: Sounds like a good name, if that's the name, I'll approve.
[ABANDONED NATION]

Viticoma
Bureaucrat

Founded: Mar 24, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Viticoma » Thu Aug 11, 2022 12:35 pm

The Vast Imperium of Viticoma wishes to become signatory to this effort.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:40 pm

Piscatania wrote:

OOC: I was thinking something such as “United Defense Coalition”? Given the fact that this is dedicated to fighting against a powerful rival of mine, their allies, and similar future threats.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 1:50 pm

Piscatania wrote:

OOC: I was thinking something such as “United Defense Coalition”? Given the fact that this is dedicated to fighting against a powerful rival of mine, their allies, and similar future threats.

OOC: It's a good name too.
[ABANDONED NATION]

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:03 pm

"Well, fellow representatives, I believe we have a deal. I shall sign onto the treaty as a representative of the Marajarbian Federation, one of the nations who pledges to abide by the terms of the Janpian BDS and keep the Janpians Contained!"
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:18 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:"Well, fellow representatives, I believe we have a deal. I shall sign onto the treaty as a representative of the Marajarbian Federation, one of the nations who pledges to abide by the terms of the Janpian BDS and keep the Janpians Contained!"

"We will also do this, we will not join the organization on behalf of the IFC, but we will provide the necessary support"
[ABANDONED NATION]

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:29 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:"Well, fellow representatives, I believe we have a deal. I shall sign onto the treaty as a representative of the Marajarbian Federation, one of the nations who pledges to abide by the terms of the Janpian BDS and keep the Janpians Contained!"

"We will also do this, we will not join the organization on behalf of the IFC, but we will provide the necessary support"

"Hate to break it to you, but IFC's a bunch of imperialist nobodies whose members have allied with the KTO and especially with Janpia. I believe that perhaps it might be better to reconsider such relations with them."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:01 pm

"Hate to break it to you, but IFC's a bunch of imperialist nobodies whose members have allied with the KTO and especially with Janpia. I believe that perhaps it might be better to reconsider such relations with them."

"They offer protection and economic help, that will be essential in the future, in a perhaps escalating crisis, and total shortages."

OOC: I'll be a while without answering, I'll be fulfilling a promise I made to a guy
[ABANDONED NATION]

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 6:03 pm

"They offer protection and economic help, that will be essential in the future, in a perhaps escalating crisis, and total shortages."

OOC: I'll be a while without answering, I'll be fulfilling a promise I made to a guy

"It's fair to say that there's the possibility that said protection and economic help from the IFC has a few strings attached, so in the name of freedom everywhere that debunks the claim. The IFC's imperialism has, in and of itself, made it almost a complete and total puppet of not just the Janpians, but many Janpian allies, who only seek to destroy and harm not just the rule of law and order in democratic societies, but also the right to national sovereignty, which is paramount in the rights that a nation has as it exists."
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aursi
Minister

Founded: Nov 18, 2021
Corporate Police State

Postby Aursi » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:34 am

Jerome Rashford enters the hall and sits in his designated chair.
Founder and Co-Founder of
ATO UCN SMOL
UADC GENA FA
GADN PESTO ULIBOR
IAD OAMC SUSS
Founded: 19.11.1975
Capital: Aurtumn
Chancellor: Fedor Sorokin
Population: 75 Million
GDP: 6@ Trillion Aursifens
Kingdom of Aursi
Freedom, Democracy, Liberty
Current Year: 2035

_
_
PortalOverviewNewsMilitaryMapsEmbassyStore

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:40 am

Aursi wrote:Jerome Rashford enters the hall and sits in his designated chair.

"Welcome, Mr. Rashford. We were just about to sign an official treaty to form an official anti-KTO coalition. Would you like to share your thoughts on the current treaty?"

Aursi
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Aursi » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:47 am

Aursi wrote:Jerome Rashford enters the hall and sits in his designated chair.

"Welcome, Mr. Rashford. We were just about to sign an official treaty to form an official anti-KTO coalition. Would you like to share your thoughts on the current treaty?"

Jerome Rashford: “The treaty seems fine. Aursi is interested in joining the Coalition.”
ATO UCN SMOL
UADC GENA FA
GADN PESTO ULIBOR
IAD OAMC SUSS
Kingdom of Aursi

_
_

Piscatania
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Piscatania » Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:58 am

"Shall we review the actual nature of the agreement before we sign?"
Last edited by Piscatania on Fri Aug 12, 2022 6:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:03 am

Piscatania wrote:"Shall we review the actual nature of the agreement before we sign?"

"Let's see here. We have so far a mutual defense pact that will not only defend signatories of the Janpian BDS, but nations that are threatened by the imperialist, authoritarian acts of the entire KTO, and any future rivals that may come of it. There is also a free trade agreement amongst the signatories of the BDS."

Piscatania
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Piscatania » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:08 am

"It seems like a divergence from diplomatic norms to extend a defense pact's obligations OUTSIDE its signatories. We may want to reel this in a bit. Avoiding war was an objective of this conference, after all."
Last edited by Piscatania on Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:22 am, edited 1 time in total.

The Greater United Koriya
Secretary

Founded: Aug 11, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Greater United Koriya » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:12 am

As the various delegations from around the world spoke in hushed tones and from behind pursed lips questions circulated among those in attendance. What was the core behind the treaty? What was it trying to accomplish? What would its governing language look like? The Koriyan delegate finished his glass of sparkling water and stood up to make his presence known and addressed the delegates.

As one other has said we have a mutual defense pact- but what does it say to what, how and when help should come? We also hear rumbles of free trade between us... But what does that mean for those who have little to trade? Koriya is a very small nation but we pride ourselves on our technology, we can produce finished produces, but have little in the way of raw materials. What would we have to offer another nation who is the same?

New San Andreas Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New San Andreas Republic » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:40 am

The Greater United Koriya wrote:As the various delegations from around the world spoke in hushed tones and from behind pursed lips questions circulated among those in attendance. What was the core behind the treaty? What was it trying to accomplish? What would its governing language look like? The Koriyan delegate finished his glass of sparkling water and stood up to make his presence known and addressed the delegates.

As one other has said we have a mutual defense pact- but what does it say to what, how and when help should come? We also hear rumbles of free trade between us... But what does that mean for those who have little to trade? Koriya is a very small nation but we pride ourselves on our technology, we can produce finished produces, but have little in the way of raw materials. What would we have to offer another nation who is the same?

The NSAR delegate, Mr. Phillips, stands up in order to answer the question posed by the Koriyan delegate.

"Mr. Koriya, we can already give you a solution to your problem as in many ways, we find ourselves in an opposite conundrum. The NSAR has many surplus and available materials we can both spare and sell to any BDS signatory that requires it. What we lack is the ability to develop and create advanced technology, at least on a large-scale industrial level. In situations such as these, one BDS-signatory's weakness may be another's strength. This, my friends, is how we get by. Support each other the best we can economically, using what we have and getting what we lack.

Now... as for this mutual defence pact, it should work as any does. We share and cooperate as much of our militaries as possible, sharing tech, specifications, supplies, and communication. If one nation is attacked, we're all attacked, and we come to their aid with what we can spare and if necessary boots on the ground and blood in the soil. I, as I'm sure everyone in this room feels, believe that war should be avoided at all costs. But.. say one nation here possessed weapons of mass destruction? Well.. the KTO would be a little more wary in fighting us directly."
"We won't be taxing, bureaucratic hypocrites forever!"
We're fighting a costly, not at all drawn-out war against the Roman cosplaying enslaving scumbags known as Caligulas Legion! Suck it and die from your 'headaches', you bald b*stard.
Are you aggressively coked-out? Do you join regions for no reason? Do you like copious amounts of drugs, eating Mexican food from taco trucks and the searing hot desert sun? Join Calexico and Mexicali then, moron.
Do you too wish to patrol the Senora, almost making you wish for a nuclear winter? If so, consider joining our Embassy Program

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:41 am

Piscatania wrote:"It seems like a divergence from diplomatic norms to extend a defense pact's obligations OUTSIDE its signatories. We may want to reel this in a bit. Avoiding war was an objective of this conference, after all."

"Well, we don't have to directly defend outsiders, if you catch my meaning. We could just contain KTO or other threats so that they remain isolated enough to not do more harm."

Piscatania
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Piscatania » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:50 am

Piscatania wrote:"It seems like a divergence from diplomatic norms to extend a defense pact's obligations OUTSIDE its signatories. We may want to reel this in a bit. Avoiding war was an objective of this conference, after all."

"Well, we don't have to directly defend outsiders, if you catch my meaning. We could just contain KTO or other threats so that they remain isolated enough to not do more harm."

"Very well, then let there be two rules

1. Signatories of this agreement commit themselves to provide for a common defense against actors performing acts of war against signatory nations.

2. Signatories of this agreement commit themselves to the support of reasonable nations in disputes with actors posing a threat to their security in trade and sovereignty.

All in favor?"
Last edited by Piscatania on Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:51 am, edited 3 times in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:57 am

Piscatania wrote:

1. Signatories of this agreement commit themselves to provide for a common defense against actors performing acts of war against signatory nations.

2. Signatories of this agreement commit themselves to the support of reasonable nations in disputes with actors posing a threat to their security in trade and sovereignty.

All in favor?"

"Aye"

Aursi
Minister

Corporate Police State

Postby Aursi » Fri Aug 12, 2022 7:59 am

Piscatania wrote:

All in favor?"

Jerome Rashford: “Seems good. Aye.”
ATO UCN SMOL
UADC GENA FA
GADN PESTO ULIBOR
IAD OAMC SUSS
Kingdom of Aursi

_
_

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Fri Aug 12, 2022 8:29 am

"The AFR will not join the coalition, but we will provide support to all its members. We have recently acquired weapons, Javelins, rifles, medical kits, and planes, we may even donate some of them to countries that are close to any KTO ally, or KTO member, and also export Chips, electrical circuits, among other very high consumer products in the world today"
[ABANDONED NATION]

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents