NATION

PASSWORD

The Andreusville Talks (Janpian BDS Participants only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

The Andreusville Talks (Janpian BDS Participants only)

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 4:59 am

OOC Note: Only participants of the following can join: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=522535

IC: Following a move from the Kalisight Treaty Organization to harm the Marajarbian economy by passing a proposal to deter Marajarbian ships and goods from reaching their destination intact, the Marajarbian Government has decided to make an official Boycott, Disinvestment, and Sanctions Document of the founder and sole leader of the KTO, Janpia as one of many retaliatory measures. Because of the recent success of the BDS as one of the first methods used in the retaliatory coalition against the Janpians and their KTO, many signatories have been invited to participate in negotiations to make relations more official between the various signatories and supporters.

Hosted in the capital of The Marajarbian Federation, The Andreusville Talks are expected to have discussions regarding the continued containment of the Janpians, trade between signatory nations to combat the loss of shipping and help develop economies, and international operations, both political and military, with the main goal being to help secure World Peace.
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

New San Andreas Republic
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 05, 2022
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New San Andreas Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:53 am

Randy Phillips, incidentally the same man who serves as the NSAR's spokesperson to the TPA, enters the building in the Marajarbian capital of Andreusville where the talks are being held. He sees the various politicians, people and representatives sat at a table, and waves at them warmly, moving other to his seat and sitting down. Clearing his throat, he puts his hands on the table in front of them, closes his fingers together, and begins to address the Marajarbian representative.

"I am glad to see that these... talks have started. Ever since this goddamned situation with those Jarbian commies has been going on, our rarely used diplomatic machine has been goin' nuts. Just recently, we had one of the nations who have an Embassy with us... uh, what are they called? Uhh.. they're commies, uhhh.... oh right, Aumbura. They said they didnt like our position of standing with your nation, our TPA allies, and that they 'felt it was a viable choice' to end relations. And that's pissed us off royally."

He takes a sip of water, clears his throat, tries to collect himself from getting too impassioned, and continues.

"Now then, about the NSAR's position on all this? We're prepared to support the Marajarbian Federation, through and through. Politically, we've done just about all we can. We've of course signed the BDS, officially condemned Janpia in a great speech about them being commies, and ditched their supporters, Aumbura along with 'em. So: let's talk economics."

"The NSAR is not too concerned about imports. For decades, we've been almost entirely self-sufficient and our economy and people are prepared to return to that. Luxury imports, though nice, are something we are prepared to lose. We are more concerned, Mr. Marajarbia, about our nation's exports being threatened. If these... KTO, block our exports from reaching your shores, there'll be an issue. Our Navy is...barely existent. We've rarely used the Pacific Ocean up to this point, and all of our threats have been from the east, on land. With this in mind, we need to talk about Marajarbian and possibly BDS-supporter protection for NSAR ships transporting goods to help you during these sanctions."

"Now that I've brought that up, we must ask what imports and supplies of yours are most threatened by these KTO blockades and sanctions? If you let us know, we will see what supplies and cargo we can spare to help you through the strain of these unjust restrictions."

"We won't be taxing, bureaucratic hypocrites forever!"
We're fighting a costly, not at all drawn-out war against the Roman cosplaying enslaving scumbags known as Caligulas Legion! Suck it and die from your 'headaches', you bald b*stard.
Are you aggressively coked-out? Do you join regions for no reason? Do you like copious amounts of drugs, eating Mexican food from taco trucks and the searing hot desert sun? Join Calexico and Mexicali then, moron.
Do you too wish to patrol the Senora, almost making you wish for a nuclear winter? If so, consider joining our Embassy Program

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 5:58 am

New San Andreas Republic wrote:Randy Phillips, incidentally the same man who serves as the NSAR's spokesperson to the TPA, enters the building in the Marajarbian capital of Andreusville where the talks are being held. He sees the various politicians, people and representatives sat at a table, and waves at them warmly, moving other to his seat and sitting down. Clearing his throat, he puts his hands on the table in front of them, closes his fingers together, and begins to address the Marajarbian representative.

"I am glad to see that these... talks have started. Ever since this goddamned situation with those Jarbian commies has been going on, our rarely used diplomatic machine has been goin' nuts. Just recently, we had one of the nations who have an Embassy with us... uh, what are they called? Uhh.. they're commies, uhhh.... oh right, Aumbura. They said they didnt like our position of standing with your nation, our TPA allies, and that they 'felt it was a viable choice' to end relations. And that's pissed us off royally."

He takes a sip of water, clears his throat, tries to collect himself from getting too impassioned, and continues.

"Now then, about the NSAR's position on all this? We're prepared to support the Marajarbian Federation, through and through. Politically, we've done just about all we can. We've of course signed the BDS, officially condemned Janpia in a great speech about them being commies, and ditched their supporters, Aumbura along with 'em. So: let's talk economics."

"The NSAR is not too concerned about imports. For decades, we've been almost entirely self-sufficient and our economy and people are prepared to return to that. Luxury imports, though nice, are something we are prepared to lose. We are more concerned, Mr. Marajarbia, about our nation's exports being threatened. If these... KTO, block our exports from reaching your shores, there'll be an issue. Our Navy is...barely existent. We've rarely used the Pacific Ocean up to this point, and all of our threats have been from the east, on land. With this in mind, we need to talk about Marajarbian and possibly BDS-supporter protection for NSAR ships transporting goods to help you during these sanctions."

"Now that I've brought that up, we must ask what imports and supplies of yours are most threatened by these KTO blockades and sanctions? If you let us know, we will see what supplies and cargo we can spare to help you through the strain of these unjust restrictions."

Carl Williams: "Well, with the KTO's attempt to disrupt international shipping, the Marajarbian economy, which primarily relies on trade with various outside nations, is pretty much declining a little too fast. We will trade for anything, with any one nation, so long as it reaches our shores safely so that profits can be made. Anything can be sent, really. Now, I would also like to speak about furthering the containment of the Janpians, if I may."
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 8:41 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
New San Andreas Republic wrote:Randy Phillips, incidentally the same man who serves as the NSAR's spokesperson to the TPA, enters the building in the Marajarbian capital of Andreusville where the talks are being held. He sees the various politicians, people and representatives sat at a table, and waves at them warmly, moving other to his seat and sitting down. Clearing his throat, he puts his hands on the table in front of them, closes his fingers together, and begins to address the Marajarbian representative.

Carl Williams: "Well, with the KTO's attempt to disrupt international shipping, the Marajarbian economy, which primarily relies on trade with various outside nations, is pretty much declining a little too fast. We will trade for anything, with any one nation, so long as it reaches our shores safely so that profits can be made. Anything can be sent, really. Now, I would also like to speak about furthering the containment of the Janpians, if I may."

Carl Williams: “The Janpians have been very problematic to global efforts to establish a lasting peace, continue an ongoing endless cycle of alliances, and have denied the world one of the few attempts at salvation in a successor to the World Assembly. Containment of the Janpians, as well as the arrest of the leading Janpian party members is a priority at this point, in order to ensure that peace and good prevails over evil and chaos.”

New San Andreas Republic
Spokesperson

Postby New San Andreas Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:37 am

Mr. Phillips considers the statement he just heard and after deliberating for a moment, gives his response.

"Well, as part the BDS agreement we're already denying them trade and resources from our nations, we're ensuring that no Janpian ships or equipment can pass near our nations unabated, and we've effectively got no diplomatic ties to them left. Unfortunately, anything we've done they've simply mirrored with their own devious commie allies and 'friends'. At this point there is little more we can do other than... well, acts of sabotage and other more direct yet clandestine ways to cause them harm. What we need to do in this man's humble opinion, however, is get more nations on board with the BDS and talk about improving relations with one another and making these Janpian sanctions hurt less by economically supporting each other by supplying what the sanctions are causing to become scarce. Perhaps a resolution could be brought forward in the Pacific Alliance on more nations signing the BDS and participating in these very talks?"
We're fighting a costly, not at all drawn-out war against the Roman cosplaying enslaving scumbags known as Caligulas Legion! Suck it and die from your 'headaches', you bald b*stard.
Are you aggressively coked-out? Do you join regions for no reason? Do you like copious amounts of drugs, eating Mexican food from taco trucks and the searing hot desert sun? Join Calexico and Mexicali then, moron.
Do you too wish to patrol the Senora, almost making you wish for a nuclear winter? If so, consider joining our Embassy Program

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:44 am

New San Andreas Republic wrote:Mr. Phillips considers the statement he just heard and after deliberating for a moment, gives his response.

"Well, as part the BDS agreement we're already denying them trade and resources from our nations, we're ensuring that no Janpian ships or equipment can pass near our nations unabated, and we've effectively got no diplomatic ties to them left. Unfortunately, anything we've done they've simply mirrored with their own devious commie allies and 'friends'. At this point there is little more we can do other than... well, acts of sabotage and other more direct yet clandestine ways to cause them harm. What we need to do in this man's humble opinion, however, is get more nations on board with the BDS and talk about improving relations with one another and making these Janpian sanctions hurt less by economically supporting each other by supplying what the sanctions are causing to become scarce. Perhaps a resolution could be brought forward in the Pacific Alliance on more nations signing the BDS and participating in these very talks?"

“That could be arranged, but we want to make sure that the Janpians back off completely. The BDS might not be enough.”

New San Andreas Republic
Spokesperson

Postby New San Andreas Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:49 am

New San Andreas Republic wrote:Mr. Phillips considers the statement he just heard and after deliberating for a moment, gives his response.

“That could be arranged, but we want to make sure that the Janpians back off completely. The BDS might not be enough.”

"Well, unless you wish for outright war, Mr. Marajarbia, I struggle to see what other options remain in regards to getting them to back off in the manner you desire. As much as it begrudges me to admit it, the KTO has its commie fingers in far more proverbial pies than we do. They are larger, more influential and seem to have some very powerful militaries indeed. Unless we get more support from larger more powerful organisations, a coup occurs in Janpia that causes a distinct degree of collapse in their power, or other factors cause them to give up their interdiction, it would seem we are out of options."
Last edited by New San Andreas Republic on Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Atlantic Federalist Republic
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 9:50 am

Suddenly a man in a black suit opens the door to the room and quickly takes a seat at the discussion table.

???: "Good morning everyone, my name is Gary Williams, and I am the representative sent by Petri to announce and discuss the interests of the Atlantic Federalist Republic... How are the talks going?"
[ABANDONED NATION]

New San Andreas Republic
Spokesperson

Postby New San Andreas Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:04 am

Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:Suddenly a man in a black suit opens the door to the room and quickly takes a seat at the discussion table.

???: "Good morning everyone, my name is Gary Williams, and I am the representative sent by Petri to announce and discuss the interests of the Atlantic Federalist Republic... How are the talks going?"

"Ah, greetings, Mr. Williams... uhh, the other Mr. Williams. We were just discussing how to maximize potential damage against Janpia and their commie allies while avoiding outright war... uhh, I think the topic of keeping each others sea trade routes safe from KTO forces came up.. and we're discussing possibly expanding the BDS by getting more nations to sign it and gaining more influence. At the moment, we BDS signatories remain the international underdogs."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:10 am

New San Andreas Republic wrote:
Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:Suddenly a man in a black suit opens the door to the room and quickly takes a seat at the discussion table.

"Ah, greetings, Mr. Williams... uhh, the other Mr. Williams. We were just discussing how to maximize potential damage against Janpia and their commie allies while avoiding outright war... uhh, I think the topic of keeping each others sea trade routes safe from KTO forces came up.. and we're discussing possibly expanding the BDS by getting more nations to sign it and gaining more influence. At the moment, we BDS signatories remain the international underdogs."

"We heard that a new nation wants to sign the boycott, we don't know their influence on world trade, but any help is welcome"

He takes a sip of water and takes a deep breath.

"Well... Mr. Petri is discussing the possibility of us stopping exporting electronics and electrical components to any country with a close relationship with KTO, we produce and export MANY electrical components, and as you may know, they are essential in the manufacture of tanks. , bomber, infrastructure and etc, this can harm them well..."

Right after that he seems to be feeling a little bit of asthma, he pulls something out of his pocket and breathes.
[ABANDONED NATION]

New San Andreas Republic
Spokesperson

Postby New San Andreas Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:16 am

Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:

"We heard that a new nation wants to sign the boycott, we don't know their influence on world trade, but any help is welcome"

"Well... Mr. Petri is discussing the possibility of us stopping exporting electronics and electrical components to any country with a close relationship with KTO, we produce and export MANY electrical components, and as you may know, they are essential in the manufacture of tanks. , bomber, infrastructure and etc, this can harm them well..."

Right after that he seems to be feeling a little bit of asthma, he pulls something out of his pocket and breathes.

"That's excellent, we would encourage that kind of boycott as it forces them to, if they indeed are quite used to AFR imports of electronics, find a new nation to import from. Anything that can cause a headache for their economics is one step closer to helping our ally Marajarbia get what they deserve. Unfortunately, the NSAR does not heavily export at the moment, so there is little we can cut off or heavily reduce as part of the sanctions.

Rather, we offer ourselves economically to any nation the KTO or especially Janpia sees fit to sanction, as a source of salvation. If these KTO-led sanctions cause a scarcity of any resource, and it is in our power to help alleviate it, we will do so to the best of our abilities. Assuming the mutual defense part of the BDS is adhered to, and we do not go into KTO waters, the shipments should be safe. Any sanctions they levy against us will be useless when we can simply get them from each other."

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:20 am

Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:"We heard that a new nation wants to sign the boycott, we don't know their influence on world trade, but any help is welcome"

"That's excellent, we would encourage that kind of boycott as it forces them to, if they indeed are quite used to AFR imports of electronics, find a new nation to import from. Anything that can cause a headache for their economics is one step closer to helping our ally Marajarbia get what they deserve. Unfortunately, the NSAR does not heavily export at the moment, so there is little we can cut off or heavily reduce as part of the sanctions.

Rather, we offer ourselves economically to any nation the KTO or especially Janpia sees fit to sanction, as a source of salvation. If these KTO-led sanctions cause a scarcity of any resource, and it is in our power to help alleviate it, we will do so to the best of our abilities. Assuming the mutual defense part of the BDS is adhered to, and we do not go into KTO waters, the shipments should be safe. Any sanctions they levy against us will be useless when we can simply get them from each other."

"Your observation is totally correct, and well, we have countries that have companies that buy a lot of our chips, and electrical circuits, there are a few, but we can put pressure, I think the AFR won't need much help, we produce a lot of food here, we also export but we don't want to cut anyone's food, after all, we're not them hahahha'
[ABANDONED NATION]

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:26 am

"Well, unless you wish for outright war, Mr. Marajarbia, I struggle to see what other options remain in regards to getting them to back off in the manner you desire. As much as it begrudges me to admit it, the KTO has its commie fingers in far more proverbial pies than we do. They are larger, more influential and seem to have some very powerful militaries indeed. Unless we get more support from larger more powerful organisations, a coup occurs in Janpia that causes a distinct degree of collapse in their power, or other factors cause them to give up their interdiction, it would seem we are out of options."

“It’s quite simple really. The coalition that is currently being formed could fight against the Janpians, keeping them rather isolated. The Janpians only have KTO to depend on, and KTO as an alliance is on the brink of death. Containment and isolation are the priorities here.”

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:28 am

"I want to express that the objectives of the AFR are to defend Marajarbia, not to generate a global conflict"
[ABANDONED NATION]

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:31 am

Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:"I want to express that the objectives of the AFR are to defend Marajarbia, not to generate a global conflict"

“I promise that no military conflict will start, but we will keep the Janpians contained and will make sure that they cease to be a threat to the free world through diplomatic means.”

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 am

Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:"I want to express that the objectives of the AFR are to defend Marajarbia, not to generate a global conflict"

“I promise that no military conflict will start, but we will keep the Janpians contained and will make sure that they cease to be a threat to the free world through diplomatic means.”

"Great, we wish it stayed that way"
[ABANDONED NATION]

Piscatania
Attaché

Founded: Jul 05, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Piscatania » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 am

At this point, The Piscatanian Delegation makes their presence known, led by Foreign Service Chief Executive Adrian Dudek.

"Gentlemen. I concur with the objective of avoiding outright war. That said, we should take measures to ensure increased cooperation between our militaries. This is a delicate situation, and if we end up needing to make a move, we want to be as coordinated and un-delayed as possible."
Last edited by Piscatania on Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:39 am

Piscatania wrote:At this point, The Piscatanian Delegation makes their presence known, led by Foreign Service Chief Executive Adrian Dudek.

"Gentlemen. I concur with the objective of avoiding outright war. That said, we should take measures to ensure increased cooperation between our militaries. This is a delicate situation, and if we end up needing to make a move, we want to be as coordinated and un-delayed as possible."

"True, we need to create a military cooperation organization, just like the KTO, but better, we need to use the same weapons as them, otherwise we won't come out ahead"
[ABANDONED NATION]

Piscatania
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Piscatania » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:40 am

Piscatania wrote:At this point, The Piscatanian Delegation makes their presence known, led by Foreign Service Chief Executive Adrian Dudek.

"True, we need to create a military cooperation organization, just like the KTO, but better, we need to use the same weapons as them, otherwise we won't come out ahead"

We second this motion.

New San Andreas Republic
Spokesperson

Postby New San Andreas Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:43 am

Piscatania wrote:
Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:"True, we need to create a military cooperation organization, just like the KTO, but better, we need to use the same weapons as them, otherwise we won't come out ahead"

We second this motion.

"We... uhh, third this motion. There needs to be some kind of international counter to the likes of the KTO, who openly support authoritarianism and oppression by having the likes of Janpia in their ranks. We offer all our possible resources and endeavor in this hypothetical improvement of our coordination."
Last edited by New San Andreas Republic on Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 10:47 am

Piscatania wrote:
We second this motion.

"We... uhh, third this motion. There needs to be some kind of international counter to the likes of the KTO, who openly support authoritarianism and oppression by having the likes of Janpia in their ranks. We offer all our possible resources and endeavor in this hypothetical improvement of our coordination."

"Great, every step forward should be very well received"
[ABANDONED NATION]

Piscatania
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Piscatania » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:04 am

Foreign minister Skalice has met with the Prime Minister, Senate President, and Tory Whip, and estimates that ratification of any treaty here is a virtual certainty

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:08 am

“That could work.”

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantic Federalist Republic » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:12 am

Atlantic Federalist Republic wrote:"True, we need to create a military cooperation organization, just like the KTO, but better, we need to use the same weapons as them, otherwise we won't come out ahead"

“That could work.”

"Yes, but we need to define some 'rules' before creating the organization"
[ABANDONED NATION]

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Aug 11, 2022 11:19 am

“That could work.”

"Yes, but we need to define some 'rules' before creating the organization"

“Rule number one should be “To fight those who do harm”. Our mission doesn’t just fall to the Janpians, but to the Galapagosians, Countesians, Aquarians, and many others. These threats, albeit minor ones, have worked alongside Janpia to create chaos.”

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents