NATION

PASSWORD

The Cartel Wars [IC, All TL, APP Only, Mature]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Airden Cartel
Attaché

Founded: Sep 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

The Cartel Wars [IC, All TL, APP Only, Mature]

Postby Airden Cartel » Sat Jul 09, 2022 4:48 pm

Day 0 of the Incident
Wartorn Realms - Material Plane

Continent - Zarendar
Subcontinent - Purodisus
Country - Kalasell

Official Control - Holy Empire
Cartel Corruption Level 100%

06:45 Local Time
Rainiersport

The colonial city of Rainiersport lay along one of the coasts of the marshlands and jungles on the peninsular nation of Kalasell. Wood and stone buildings, covered in cheap, peeling plaster, lined the cobbled streets of the city. Most of the buildings had a gable roof made of ceramic tiles held in place by cement. Though some small houses and even a few manors were present in the sleepy city, most residences were large tenements, the majority of which were run down or in disrepair. The main attraction to the city was, of course, the large, elaborate seaports. Many ships passed through those ports every day, either leaving to someplace far away from the continent, or returning back from such an extended voyage. Smaller fishing ports existed, to feed the colonies, and rarely to trade abroad, but these did little to support the city. Above the table, most of the money the city made came from ships passing through, as one of the last stops before warping to the Spirit World. Below the table, the city was a hotbed for corruption, as the nation as a whole was a backwater, and the colonial government cared little. Smuggling was commonplace in the nation, through port cities like Rainiersport, and through the dense jungles. At one point, the native kalasellan tribes ruled the peninsula - now the invisible but often felt hand of the cartel controlled the fate of the country.

In one of the small homes in the city lived a human man, Herminio Labriego, with his husband Poncio. On this foggy morning, Poncio was making cooking breakfast for the two: roasted herring, bread with honey, and some wine.

"Good morning, love." Herminio said to Poncio, before kissing his husband on the cheek.

"Yes, it is a fine morning. Will you be training the city militia again?" Poncio said, his attention still on the wood burning stove and the breakfast he was preparing.

"I will. But I promise I will be back soon. You know I can't stay away from you." Herminio replied.

Just then there was a loud knocking at the front door.

"I'll get it!" Herminio called out, walking over and answering the door.

Standing at the door were two kalasellans, a male and female. The male wore nothing but tattered slops and a leather bandoleer, showing off his fern-colored scales. Between his teeth was a cannabis cigar that he smoked. The female wore cuir bouili, a bandoleer, along with a quiver of bolts and a heavy crossbow.

"What are you doing here?" Herminio whispered harshly to the duo.

"I have a mission for you from the Caputfamilia." the male kalasellan answered in a raspy whisper.

"You can't be here. My husband can't know any of this." Herminio whispered, shooing the two lizardfolk away. "I'll meet with both of you after I've eaten."

"Who is it?" Poncio asked from the kitchen.

"Just some of my friends from the milia. They were just leaving." Herminio replied.

"Oh really? Why don't they stay for some food? I'm almost done cooking." Poncio offered cheerfully.

"I'd love something to eat!" the male lizardfolk said, stepping through the entrance. The female followed, more slowly. They both sat down at the dining table with Herminio.

"You never really talk about work, dear. Who are your two friends here?" Poncio asked.

"He is Basks-By-Coast and she is River-Friend." Herminio responded.

"Oh? What do you two do for the city militia?" Poncio smiled, while serving breakfast, and pouring everyone some wine.

"I'm a ranger." River-Friend said flatly.

"I'm a messenger." Basks-By-Coast answered, putting out his cigar.

"Oh, like a gofer?" Poncio asked.

"Uh... yeah. Like a gofer." Basks-By-Coast frowned.

"So what are the two of you doing here?" Poncio asked.

"We were here to bring your husband in to work. There's been a new development." Basks-By-Coast said in between bites of herring.

"A new development? In militia work? Here in Kalasell?" Poncio asked incredulously.

"What Basks-By-Coast was meaning to say is that we have a job to do. Some monsters were spotted down by South Reach." Herminio quickly covered for Basks-By-Coast.

"That sounds very dangerous. Be careful, dear." Poncio said.

"I will, my beloved." Herminio told Poncio, before giving his husband a kiss.

08:30 Local Time
Rainiersport

Along the waterfront, there was a tavern called "the Drunken Trochilus". On the sign outside, there was an image of an obviously drunken bird, with black and white markings, stumbling around in the open mouth of a happy crocodile. Inside the tavern, sea shanties were sung and much food and drink were served, most of it seafood, puls, and escargot, but a variety of drinks were served, from ales, wines, meads, and a variety of spirits. Herminio, Basks-By-Coast, and River-Friend all entered the tavern, and sat down together.

At one of the tables, there was a very drunken ship's captain, an explorer for the Holy Empire. He ordered great sums of food: herring, salmon, crab, and mussels, smothered in defrutum syrup, and a great many glasses of spiced wine sweetened with plumbous acetate.

"So, why are we here?" Herminio asked. From this point on, the conversation was coding in Airden cant, so anyone overhearing the conversation would not understand it.

"Do you see that man over there?" Basks-By-Coast asked.

"And there was that one time I personally fought off a sea serpent as long as two miles, with nothing but my bare hands!" the explorer loudly boasted to the entire tavern, while spilling wine down the front of his shirt.

"The braggart lush? Yes, I see him." Herminio answered.

"He has a map with routes to a yet unexplored world. The plan is that we will get the map from him, steal his ship, and travel there ourselves. We'll have a foothold in a new world. And the Caputfamilia says you'll be the leader in that new world. Think about it, Herminio." Basks-By-Coast answered.

"I would be Caputfamilia?" Herminio asked in awe.

"Yes. You would be Caputfamilia, boss." River-Friend replied flatly.

"There was also the time I discovered an island with a hundred beautiful sirens, singing the sweetest melodies that would break your heart!" the explorer boldly exclaimed.

"For the mission, you will have a hundred latro at your disposal." Basks-By-Coast informed Herminio.

"I see. The first order of business would be getting the map from our drunk friend, and then rubbing him out." Herminio said.

"Sounds like a plan, friend. I'll leave you two to it." Basks-By-Coast stood up and left the tavern.

"Alright boss. How do you plan on getting the map?" River-Friend asked.

"The cartel owns this business. We'll get the bouncers to remove our drunk friend, except he's really being taken to the cellar. Our mages set up a few wards down there to muffle the sound. We'll bring in Kallikles to help extract the information from him. Then we'll kill him, and your crocodile can dispose of the body." Herminio laid out the plan.

"You want my animal companion to do what?" River-Friend exclaimed.

"Eat the body." Herminio said.

"You'll have to chop it up first. I don't want Marsh-Fang getting indigestion from his fat corpse." River-Friend frowned.

"I can arrange that. Jepit can bring us a hacksaw." Herminio said.

"And then there was that time I had to fight off a whole army of barbarians with only my wits and a wooden spoon!" the explorer continued to boast of his questionably accurate exploits.

"And you have someone who can read the map, boss?" the kalasellan ranger asked.

"I know a guy. I can pull some strings to get us a wizard." Herminio smiled.

"Alright. So far, this is good. But we're still overlooking the crocodile in the marsh. How do you plan on stealing his ship?" River-Friend chided.

"We'll go in fast and loud. Bring in Yuali and Mei, take a bunch of hostages from here and the docks. With those hostages, we'll have a chance to take the ship before anyone can stop us." Herminio stated.

"Okay then, I suppose." River-Friend sighed.

"Good. Go get the bouncer and we can begin. I'll head in back." Herminio said, then stood up.

He adjusted his wide-brimmed hat and feather, and walked right into the back rooms. Receiving protests from some of the employees, he gave a scowl.

"I have a very important business meeting back here. Your boss already knows about it. I have a timetable to keep now, and if I can't keep that timetable, I'll be issuing a complaint with your boss about how you stopped me from having my meeting." Herminio glared at the employees. He leaned in closer to one of them and whispered, "I know you have a lovely daughter, around 12 years of age, studying alchemy. I hope she grows up and has a long and successful life." Afterwords, he walked into the back rooms without being stopped.

Meanwhile, River-Friend was talking with one of the bouncers, a large southern orc wearing brass knuckles. Shortly after, the bouncer approached the explorer's table, and laid his hands down on it, staring at the explorer.

"What is the meaning of this, you filthy orc?" the explorer shouted. "I am Lanius Octavianus Arminus, famed explorer and captain in His Glorious Excellency's Holy Imperial Navy! You can't do this to me!"

The bouncer grabbed Captain Arminus by his wrist, and pulled him from the seat, while the explorer resisted, grabbing onto the table, which proceeded to flip over. "You're making a scene. You're going to have to leave." the bouncer said calmly.

"Get your hands off me, you uncivilized brute! How dare you touch me!" the captain shrieked.

The bouncer was not amused. Still holding onto one of the captain's wrists with his right hand, he delivered a left hook squarely in the explorer's nose. The nose broke with a crunch under the impact of the punch, and blood dribbled down from the nostrils.

Captain Arminus screamed at the bouncer. "Your place is beneath my feet, orc! I'll have you crucified for this, like all the other degenerates! Your family will be arrested and sold off as helots! That'll be one less family of your undisciplined, disgusting kind!"

The bouncer delivered his knee to the captain's abdomen, then punched him in the face while he was staggered. A dark bruise formed around Captain Arminus's right eyesocket. The bouncer delivered a second punch, to the explorer's jaw. Blood dribbled down from the captain's mouth.

"Just like the rest of your violent, barbaric kind." Captain Arminus coughed, spitting up blood.

"Quiet, cur." the bouncer replied harshly, grabbing the explorer.

"Let go of me you wretched beast! You can't do this to me!" the captain shrieked, struggling against the bouncer. The bouncer threw the captain towards the back rooms.

"I'll have you crucified you worthless, unthinking -" Captain Arminus's tirade was cut off as River-Friend delivered a sudden blow to the back of his head with a blackjack. The captain fell over and collapsed into unconsciousness, while the kalasellan grabbed his upper body and dragged him into the back room.

10:00 Local Time
Rainiersport

Captain Arminus eventually awoke tightly tied to a wooden chair. The room was large, dark, and filled with various clutter, covered in dust and cobwebs. The only illumination was cast by a few rushlights.

A towering figure standing nearly thirteen feet tall menaced over the captured explorer. The figure was a mountain of muscle, with hands the size of saucers. The cloven feet of this figure clapped against the cobbled floor as they slowly walked towards the captain. When they stood before the captain, looming over head, the figure's face became visible, a largely bovine head with large, thick horns, and rough scars over the lips. The captain could feel the minotaur's hot breath against him.

"I understand you caused a lot of trouble." the minotaur spoke, his voice deep, with a thick accent.

"I'll tell you nothing, beast." the captain said, his voice slurred.

"Are you sure? I only want one simple thing." the minotaur stared into the explorer's eyes. The flames of rushlights reflected off the minotaur's eyes.

"Do your worst, barbarian. The gods smile upon me in this moment." Captain Arminus glared back.

"So be it. Makes my job more fun." the minotaur said threateningly. "Thankfully, my associates were kind enough to bring my tools." The minotaur walked away from the captain to fetch two bundles of cloth, and returned, laying them down on an end table near the captain. Gingerly, the minotaur unrolled one bundle, revealing several assorted tools: a surgical knife, thumbscrews, a pair of pliers, several sewing needles, and a mason's hammer. Beads of sweat rolled down the explorer's face and body as the minotaur selected his tools.

"You can make this a lot easier. All I want to know is where your map is." the minotaur said, picking up several sewing needles.

"Which map?" Captain Arminus asked.

"The one with the route to uncharted land." the minotaur replied, carefully gathering the needles in his hands.

"F-fine! I'll tell you! Just don't hurt me!" the captain stammered. "It's in my coat pocket, next to my pistol."

The minotaur began putting away the needles back. "Now that was a lot easier, wasn't it?" The minotaur reached his fingers into the captain's pocket, and fished out a pocket pistol and a folded up piece of parchment. "This better be the map. If it's not..." the minotaur threatened, as he left the room.

10:45 Local Time
Rainiersport

In a stone tower with mahogany floors, a short, stocky, bearded, bespectacled man in silk robes sat behind a lavish desk, smoking a cigar. River-Friend approached him, with a folded piece of parchment in hand and a tired look across her face and snout.

"Please, be seated." the robed man said, his voice deep and accent thick, and the kalasellan ranger obliged. "What brings you to the great wizard, Kætiløy Stålsmed?"

River-Friend let out an exasperated sigh, before explaining to the dwarven wizard in cant, "I have important business with the cartel. I am in possession of a map with Spirit World routes to as of yet uncharted lands. Can you read the map?"

"Mmm." Kætiløy the wizard mused, before proceeding to reply in cant. "Work with the Airdens again? Sure, but your boss knows my rate. I expect to be compensated appropriately for the risk inherent in such endeavors."

"Yes, yes. Of course you'll be paid. Can you read a Spirit World route map or not?" River-Friend asked impatiently, laying a pouch of coins and jewels on the robed man's desk.

"I can. Why don't you hand me the map and I'll take a look at it for you?" the wizard asked. River-Friend handed the folded parchment to Kætiløy without another word.

Kætiløy unfolds the parchment and lays it down flat on his desk. He peruses the map intensely, carefully disseminating the information.

"Where did you get this map?" he asked.

"That's not important." River-Friend replied flatly. The wizard continued studying the map.

11:25 Local Time
Rainiersport

Back in the cellar of the Drunken Trochilus, just outside the interrogation room, a diminutive, porcine humanoid arrived, wearing tattered rags covered in stains. He was carrying a hacksaw, which was somewhat unwieldy in his small hands. Herminio was waiting there, along with the minotaur.

"You have done well, Jepit. Thank you for arriving so soon. Kallikles and I were just waiting for a reply back from the wizard." Herminio said.

"Thanks, boss. I'm glad I did well, boss." the goblin smiled, with a far too wide grin filled with small, conical, needle-like teeth.

"Do you think the captain was telling the truth, boss?" the minotaur asked.

"To be perfectly honest, I do not know. That's why we are waiting for confirmation from the wizard." Herminio replied plainly.

After a few more minutes, two more people arrived. The first was a lepidoferan, a humanoid moth with four arms, who wore a long, brown leather duster, a tricorn hat, and had twelve pistols strapped to her, and had three powder horns dangling from her, carried by leather cord. The second was a short, humanoid rodent, a sarhisa-aliz, wearing simple robes, smoking a long opium pipe.

"Good. You two are finally here. Now we're just waiting on the wizard to tell us what we need to know." Herminio said.

"You know I don't work for free, Herminio." the lepidoferan said.

"Of course. You'll get your payment, Yuali. Here's a little up-front." Herminio tossed a pouch of coins to the lepidoferan gunslinger, who deftly caught it midair.

The sarhisa-aliz took a long breath of opium smoke. "The wise Lang Bao teaches 'Opportunity is a ripe plum in the garden of fortune.'"

"We must not act in haste however." Hermino cautioned.

Finally, via a magic spell, a reply came from the wizard. Kætiløy's voice could be heard by the motley crew of rogues and ruffians. "The map is accurate. It should lead to some unknown land called Chekbria."

"Thank you for your services. Would you like to join us?" Herminio asked.

"Perhaps. At triple my normal rate." the wizard replied.

"That's acceptable." Herminio said.

Character Key

#de7dca = Herminio Labriego (Caput Regiminis, imperial human)
#a54db1 = Poncio Labriego (Honoratus Amicus, imperial human)
#4c9954 = Basks-By-Coast (Nuntius, kalasellan)
#48715a = River-Friend (Latro, kalasellan)
#da2a18 = Captain Lanius Octavianus Arminus (Holy Empire Explorer, imperial human; deceased)
#8370f0 = Drunken Trochilus Bouncer (southern orc)
#9c422e = Kallikles Foniás (Latro, minotaur)
#4a59bd = Kætiløy Stålsmed (Honoratus Amicus, hill dwarf)
#ae7c51 = Jepit Votsil (Latro, goblin)
#00c8b5 = Yualiomoi Eamolu (Honoratus Amicus, lepidoferan)
#e36a00 = Mei Wang (Latro, sarhisa-aliz)
Last edited by Airden Cartel on Mon Jul 11, 2022 2:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
International criminal syndicate "completely legitimate business conglomerate" set in the Wartorn Realms 'verse with Caligolus, Mukuro Clan, Cult of the Black Beast and co.
PT/FanT in a constructed world. Here's a good overview of our weird and grimdark 'verse. A 3.75 civilization. Tier 4, Level 9, Type 11.

If it exists, is illegal, and can make a profit, we do it, and do it a lot. Proud industry leader in drug and weapons trade, assassination, and trafficking children to the Fae.
This "nation" does not represent my actual views, obviously. NS Stats not used.
Now hiring pirates, assassins, and mercenaries! Get paid to hurt and kill people for us!

Gonswanza
Senator

Founded: Aug 13, 2021
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Gonswanza » Thu Jul 21, 2022 2:50 pm

1200 local time... Kotun, Gonswanza.

Deep underground, bodies are moving as the capital locks down, with the military on high alert, forces being mobilized. However, it wasn't exactly the military that was being mobilized here...

"So, you know the rules of engagement, yes? I need you fuckers to sink shipping that is aiding our enemies. Anyone who ISN'T KTO or associated with KTO's allies. Force them under our groups or let them starve."

So says a naval admiral, speaking via radio to the pirate fleet, corsairs who have been deployed, now on the prowl in the Gonswanzan EEZ, pushing out of range very soon. The response was a pleasant one, as the female admiral smirks, only to feel a heavy hand come down upon her shoulder. The pale girl's forced to stand straight, in a state of almost fear, as a gun is drawn to her, with a maniacal cackle.

"And what do you think you're doing, Admiral Fernandez? Last I recall, the ships were allowed to operate on their own terms, so long as they benefitted us. Did something change while I was asleep? Hm? Or do I need to scoop it out of your skull instead? Answer me, sweets. I'm certain such a body like yours could be used elsewhere, like for that rather short waitlist of people needing organ donors~"

Laura Ortiz, the infamous leader of Gonswanza, had decided to spook her subordinate, though they soon relent and give up the reasoning by tapping on a small letter beside the microphone. Some words of advice, really, since she lacked actual power over Gonswanza's latest pirates. To join a greater alliance was even better for them, as this supposed Cartel could help them peddle dangerous devices for profits that could not be carried out via GEL.

However, her admiral seems to be rather shaken, as Laura Ortiz lets her go, before walking off elsewhere to tend to more formal matters. Upon her desk was a letter from the Cartel, asking for an expansion of operations to Gonswanza. Without even waiting for Alexander Schloss to return from a small meeting with the Ministry of Transport and Infrastructure (MoTI), she decides to respond herself as such-

To whom it may concern,

I, Laura Ortiz, shall welcome the Cartel into Gonswanza with open arms and open hearts. However, your business will be kept to the ports instead, if there is any attempt at trying to penetrate the government sector or abuse of power in the private sector, then you will be cut down to reverse the damages done. That aside, I now have a growing pirate fleet under my control, ready for action, prepared to go where you go, protect your shipping or raid shipping from hostile actors. Not that I'd mind, truly, as I seek to use this to hook nations into KTO to avoid such attacks. Then again, I'm certain it won't really matter in the long run. KTO shall prevail, while Gonswanza shall remain alive and profiting off the graves of so many others. Just as intended.

The letter, of course, is delivered through to the Cartel, as Laura soon takes a seat, kicks back, and takes out a tablet of LSD to place upon her tongue prior to throwing on a VR headset to enjoy her little acid trip of a break.
Praise our glorious leader Laura Ortiz!
Yea, I sell things. Lots of things. KTO Member!
[GNN] Check [hyperlink blocked] for further instructions or [frequency blocked]. /// Finland holds off Russian advance, Baltic sea turned into a "bathtub from hell". /// Strange signals from space, likely a dysfunctional probe /// New body armor rolling off the line, onto Gonswanzan soldiers /// Canada declares war against the US after a bloody coup. /// Japan deploys infantry to Korea, post-unification.

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soveiniesberg » Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:00 pm

Karl drummed his fingers on the table. "Okay, alright you idiots, calm down! Stop trying to break down the front door, the SMA's gonna hear us! Look, so you know how uhh.. A while back... We signed a deal with Airden Cartel, and we thought nothing of it. So, somethin' tells me they're in a war of sorts right now..." He now drinks an entire bottle of imported Jack Daniels whiskey. "Hooh... Alright, back to what I was saying. We need to go out there and loot everything from the people attacking Airden Cartel, like uhh.. vehicles, equipment, money... Right? Just, steal it all! and then ship it back here! Easy as can be! And, of course, we're also going to be helping Airden Cartel!" Karl says, leaning over the nearly-broken wooden table. "Doesn't sound half bad to me!" One man yells, from the back of the room, holding an AKM. "Yeah yeah, uhm, but... How are we going to get this stuff back? Cargo ship? Another man asks, sitting up from his rusty folding chair. Karl looks at the table, thinking. "Alright, good idea. Just take one of mine from the port and load it up with empty cargo containers... And a forklift or two... And we're gonna have to bring guns, so just load up one of the containers with guns and ammo, and a few larger things. Stolen Kornet-Ms and other things. Yeah, uhh, let me just call the dockmaster up..." Karl said, looking around the room, then walking out.

"THE MARSHAL HAS BIG NEWS, EVERYONE!" A young soldier comes into the room, yelling. All the men turn to see him, about to lecture him on his loud voice. "JUST FOLLOW ME, I CAN EXPLAIN!" He runs off. "Must be something VERY important if he's yelling this frantically..." An older man says, walking out of the room.
Last edited by Soveiniesberg on Sun Jul 31, 2022 3:02 pm, edited 2 times in total.
A city state on.. an island, where it's cold-as-all-balls.
a bit of info - NEEDS RETCON
COGCON LEVEL: 4
DEFCON LEVEL: 4
Minutes 'Till Midnight: 2 minutes

Kinda bored with NS lmao | Last upd. 4/6/24
My pillow's cold by the time I get home
Jzarovich News at Noon | Marrakanese terrorist attacks over the past 6 months "have risen significantly, I think." | Train crashes in Anolchiv-on-Schonmür, causing over "5 morbillion billion dollars in damages" | Rogylan Bahnz in press meeting says "We're nuking Marrakai, I swear, I'm so tired of them. We're gonna glass them." | Random box of crap falls off skyscraper in Ternyiev

Awesome Imperium
Minister

Founded: Feb 04, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Awesome Imperium » Mon Aug 01, 2022 9:16 am

10:55 SnowflakeIAFC, Imperia City

Central Control Room

The CCR of the Snowflake was buzzing with activity, the newest diplomatic engagements, military advances, and intelligence reports all being relayed here and there with the mainframe display screen covered in Live maps, Camera footage, and intelligence reports. This was the heart of multiple organizations, DELPHI, Imperitoria Armed Forces, Imperial Police, National Police Agency, and more.

Constance "Praefect, Delphi has gotten intel of an International criminal organization, the Airden Cartel, were still gathering intel on their enterprises, they have the backing of multiple nations and organization and they may be seeking business in the Imperium, we've seen a rise in the black market from 0.1% to 0.3% and criminal organizations are growing in the lesser developed Megacities of the Imperium. The Capital hasn't seen an increase in crime rates but Nova Afrika and Nairobi port areas have been getting an increased amount of shipping from unidentifiable sources and we have reason to believe the cartel may be starting to get a presence in the Imperium.

Marcus "The Airdens sure have a change, most of the Criminal organizations have been crippled by our Police force and aren't organized, the Airdens will have a hard time though since our Police force is highly funded and coordinated. Send National Police units to Ostia, Constantinople, Syracuse, Nairobi, Mumbai, Sydney, Jakarta, Rangoon, and Singapore, the Coast guard and smaller Naval vessels should be in position nearby the ports, and our Port Authorities and MAOI (Maritime Areas Of Intrest i.e Suez, Gibraltar, Bosporus, Malacca) we need all Major ports covered, Inform the Emperess and the Imperialis Praetoria.

Constance "Yes sir."

National Police vehicles flooded the Imperial Highways and Via as they arrived at the Major Ports of the Imperium, soon all MAOI and MPA's would be under Imperial Police Supervision as efforts to curtail the Airdens wen underway.

Wochaystein
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 06, 2018
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Wochaystein » Tue Aug 02, 2022 6:59 pm

Anno Domini 1774
I'm not sure if I should be happy or sad that I'm assigned to the North East of the Glatt Hills. On one hand, it's been said that being there is a unique experience. On the other, the way to it demands a hefty travel bill. Why so?

Getting there via the old roads is dangerous with the bandits if you don't pay the tolls. I am indeed a soldier and am part of a detachment marching from Zuidren. But any man with half a brain knows the Kaiser's power wears thin even within the Unterinsel, let alone the lords of Achemeistein of the south who pay lip service but otherwise can do whatever they want there. The alternative way of going through the forests and the crags? You'll pay dearly to obtain your needed supplies. Now you see, there's no easy means to get to anywhere near the Glatt. The Kaiser is very jealous of allocating the proper protection to anything that passes there—whatever passes for riches or material enters the capital of Zuidren through Tendorf harbor. Haven't been there, myself, but rumor has it that my liege stooped so low as to parlay with pirates and mercenaries to keep his dream of uniting the Holy Empire alive. Oh, how far we have fallen from the heights of the Phöniziens.

It's now 5 pm in this small clearing in the forest, awakened and energized after a short nap and some food. I jumped onto my horse, beside which my comrade Thomas was already waiting for me. The path we took is less well-known and takes a more roundabout route to our fortress overlooking the main road from Tendorf. We expected no bandits here because there's no profit to be had. From what I know, only hunters and exiles live here.

Arriving in the stronghold, I dismounted and left my horse in the stable, walked around my assigned patrol route, and looked to the east whenever the opportunity gave me. There, I could indeed see Tendorf, its harbor, and what I assume the busy activity of the merchants. Off the coasts were ships. Whether they're merchant, navy, or pirate, I have no idea.

In our next huddle with everyone in the place, the commander laid out the current situation. Apparently, there were remnants of an expeditionary force of one of the Holy Empire claimants causing trouble to our south, and they are on the move to this area, maybe to grab some supplies. I realized that this is not going to be an easy task. But I'm ready to defend for the Kaiser.
Dieresis of Diarcesia
The Cities of the Holy Empire of Wochaystein
Zuidren | Krofen | Fischen | Tien | Tendorf

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soveiniesberg » Tue Aug 23, 2022 1:40 pm

Karl clicks his tongue, walking back into the room. "I got good news, and I got bad news. Uhhh, first.. Longshoreman told me that it'd be ready by tomorrow. And the bad news is that not only do we have the SMA trying to kill us even more than they were before, but, the Navy seems to be onto our plan." He sits down, kicking his feet up on the folding table."Like, seriously. They're sending out these little tiny patrol boats and a few larger boats... We'd need to figure out a way to get the hell out of here before they realize." One man in the back puffs on a cigar. "We'd have to do it tonight... And get over there without the SMA throwing poison gas at us." He takes a long drag of his cigar. Karl kinda nods. "We'd have to do it tonight. SMA doesn't have night vision, they're not that well-equipped. Tonight, just come here after you eat dinner." He laughs, opening a door and leaving the room.
A city state on.. an island, where it's cold-as-all-balls.
a bit of info - NEEDS RETCON
COGCON LEVEL: 4
DEFCON LEVEL: 4
Minutes 'Till Midnight: 2 minutes

Kinda bored with NS lmao | Last upd. 4/6/24
My pillow's cold by the time I get home
Jzarovich News at Noon | Marrakanese terrorist attacks over the past 6 months "have risen significantly, I think." | Train crashes in Anolchiv-on-Schonmür, causing over "5 morbillion billion dollars in damages" | Rogylan Bahnz in press meeting says "We're nuking Marrakai, I swear, I'm so tired of them. We're gonna glass them." | Random box of crap falls off skyscraper in Ternyiev

Return to International Incidents