NATION

PASSWORD

European Defense League Secretariat

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
The Free Russian Tzarists
Envoy

Founded: Apr 20, 2022
Ex-Nation

European Defense League Secretariat

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Sun May 15, 2022 5:40 pm

European Defense League

The European Defense League, or EDL, is a military defense pact created by Russia to coordinate the defense of European states. The EDL stands separate from both the Global Confederation of Nations and the Kalisight Treaty Orginization. The EDL is based on the European Defense Treaty. All EDL members will come to one another's aid in a direct attack. All members are protected under the European Nuclear Umbrella, which guarantees all nations 'Second Strike' policy is activated in the case of a nuclear attack on an EDL member.

The EDL was founded in the wake of the Second Muqqadasian Janpian War. President Fritz realized that the world was too dangerous and that the 2 alliance status quo was too close to collapsing in on itself, so Russia signed off on the European Defense Treaty.

This group is made up of all observers and members of the EDL. Observers will be asked to leave when resolutions are being discussed, as it would be compromising any action, but when discussing the state of the world in general, all observers are welcome to join. The person who controls the docket is the head of the Defense of Europe. They are also in charge of handing out awards and finding Generals. The Secretariat is located in Helsinki, Duchy of Helsinki, Kingdom of Finland, Russian Empire

Pased Motions and Reselutions

Imperial Russia
Sir Vitya Fedorov

Treaties With Janpia Act

[Resolution Number: 1]

RECORDING treaties signed by both EDL and KTO states for purposes of posterity,

THE EDL formerly agreed to and currently continues acting upon,
    1. A non-aggression pact with the KTO enforced by alliances through punishing rogue states with downgrading, investigation, or expulsion,

2. An agreement to occupy Meditaranian sections in Muqqadasia in the case of a KTO/Janpian victory in the Janpian-Muqqadasian War.

[/list]
[Sir Vitya Fedorov, Imperial Russia]

Imperial Russia
Sir Vitya Fedorov

European Nuclear Armarment Act

[Resolution Number: 2]

VIEWING the possibility of nuclear war as a grave threat the League must be prepared against,

ACCEPTING that until such time a nuclear war is impossible, we must be prepared to defend against threats like Phenyzia, the New World Order, and Rome,

the European Defense League hereby enacts the following;
    1. creates the European Nuclear Readiness Program which will,
      a. create a joint EDL venture to arm European nations in the EDL with nuclear weapons,
      b. oversee the storage and transfer of nuclear weapons across national lines, and,
      c. organize in a similar manner the distribution, production, and development of counter-ICBM missiles
    2. reaffirms the European Nuclear Umbrella policy in which all EDL member states are protected against a nuclear strike by the threat of a counter-strike, and

3. instates a Defensive Strike policy where nuclear offensives may be launched if the following conditions occur,
      a. the target also has nuclear weapons,
      b. an EDL state is under attack,
      c. the target has ever launched a first-strike nuclear attack

[Sir Vitya Fedorov, Imperial Russia]
Last edited by The Free Russian Tzarists on Sat Jun 11, 2022 3:35 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Sun May 15, 2022 5:46 pm

Sir Vitya Federov "Hello Representatives! I represent Russia in the League. I would begin by asking the observers of this alliance please leave."

Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 18, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth » Mon May 16, 2022 9:52 am

19:36
Helsinki, Finland

A black Rolls & Royce stopped outside a grandiose building overshadowing surrounding buildings. The doors of the car opened and a tall figure dressed in a dark brown, white formal shirt with a blue tie stepped outside.

This man was Sir Richard Hawkins the British Ambassador appointed by Her Majesty's government to serve as the representative of the European Defence League. Accompanied by several members of MI6 he looked upward to take a look at the grandiose building standing in front of him.

He quickly started his way towards the inside of the building. Followed by diplomatic staff and MI6 members.

Soon he found himself standing outside a majestic hall with the ‘‘European Defence League Representatives Chamber’’. He checked his tie and coughed softly and opened the door of the Chamber.

He saw an empty chamber with only a Russian representative. He quickly went ahead to greet the Russian representative:

‘‘Good Evening! Mr Federov, It's been a pleasure to meet you here in Helsinki. How are you doing?’’
_[' ]_
(-_Q)
A Class 0.142 Civilization according to this index.

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soveiniesberg » Mon May 16, 2022 11:08 am

Josef Anschyise strolled in, taking a good look around. He saw Fritz, and he saw the British man.

"Hello, Hello. I assume both of you are doing well?"

He began to walk forward.
A city state on.. an island, where it's cold-as-all-balls.
a bit of info - NEEDS RETCON
COGCON LEVEL: 4
DEFCON LEVEL: 4
Minutes 'Till Midnight: 2 minutes

Kinda bored with NS lmao | Last upd. 4/6/24
My pillow's cold by the time I get home
Jzarovich News at Noon | Marrakanese terrorist attacks over the past 6 months "have risen significantly, I think." | Train crashes in Anolchiv-on-Schonmür, causing over "5 morbillion billion dollars in damages" | Rogylan Bahnz in press meeting says "We're nuking Marrakai, I swear, I'm so tired of them. We're gonna glass them." | Random box of crap falls off skyscraper in Ternyiev

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth » Mon May 16, 2022 11:40 am

Soveiniesberg wrote:Josef Anschyise strolled in, taking a good look around. He saw Fritz, and he saw the British man.

"Hello, Hello. I assume both of you are doing well?"

He began to walk forward.

‘‘How are you doing Mr. Anschyise? A pleasure to have you here.’’
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Grande Germania
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 10, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Germania » Mon May 16, 2022 12:29 pm

Grzegorz Tomaszewski enters the room, sits down and greets the two senior representatives: "Hi, it's a pleasure to be here, is there any underlying question?"
The Visegrad Empire, a federal union of states formed by Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland

IC my state is Called Union of the Empire of Visegrad, or Visegrad, OOC Grande Germania or whatever you like

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Mon May 16, 2022 12:57 pm

Sir Vitya Fedorov, Order of the Tzar 1st Class "I am doing good, thank you," after the observers left (this means this info is SIC to observers) he continued. "I would like to discuss the situation in Muqqadasia. While we must not protect the country, I believe we should interfere, at least in the peace treaty. Muqqadasia is a friendly face, to me at least, but if the nation is divided, or worse yet if discontent overthrows the state, it could affect Europe negatively."

Grande Germania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Germania » Tue May 17, 2022 12:51 pm

The Free Russian Tzarists wrote:Sir Vitya Fedorov, Order of the Tzar 1st Class "I am doing good, thank you," after the observers left (this means this info is SIC to observers) he continued. "I would like to discuss the situation in Muqqadasia. While we must not protect the country, I believe we should interfere, at least in the peace treaty. Muqqadasia is a friendly face, to me at least, but if the nation is divided, or worse yet if discontent overthrows the state, it could affect Europe negatively."

"we could only send supplies or weapons, my country is not exactly ready for war" said the Visegrad Representative
The Visegrad Empire, a federal union of states formed by Czechoslovakia, Hungary and Poland

IC my state is Called Union of the Empire of Visegrad, or Visegrad, OOC Grande Germania or whatever you like

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Tue May 17, 2022 1:01 pm

Grande Germania wrote:
The Free Russian Tzarists wrote:Sir Vitya Fedorov, Order of the Tzar 1st Class "I am doing good, thank you," after the observers left (this means this info is SIC to observers) he continued. "I would like to discuss the situation in Muqqadasia. While we must not protect the country, I believe we should interfere, at least in the peace treaty. Muqqadasia is a friendly face, to me at least, but if the nation is divided, or worse yet if discontent overthrows the state, it could affect Europe negatively."

"we could only send supplies or weapons, my country is not exactly ready for war" said the Visegrad Representative

Sir Vitya Fedorov, Order of the Tzar "Very well. Logistics could aid the fight, whether or not we vote to get involved. I hear we are preparing troops in Caucus' to march into Arabia. We'll likely need aid setting up a port when we are there."

Soveiniesberg
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 17, 2021
Father Knows Best State

Postby Soveiniesberg » Tue May 17, 2022 3:06 pm

Josef Anschyise had been listening patiently to the entire conversation.

"Well, I agree, but we could send a peacekeeping operation there, perhaps even a task force. Yes?"

He smiled and took a look around.
A city state on.. an island, where it's cold-as-all-balls.
a bit of info - NEEDS RETCON
COGCON LEVEL: 4
DEFCON LEVEL: 4
Minutes 'Till Midnight: 2 minutes

Kinda bored with NS lmao | Last upd. 4/6/24
My pillow's cold by the time I get home
Jzarovich News at Noon | Marrakanese terrorist attacks over the past 6 months "have risen significantly, I think." | Train crashes in Anolchiv-on-Schonmür, causing over "5 morbillion billion dollars in damages" | Rogylan Bahnz in press meeting says "We're nuking Marrakai, I swear, I'm so tired of them. We're gonna glass them." | Random box of crap falls off skyscraper in Ternyiev

Floridalandia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: May 09, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby Floridalandia » Tue May 17, 2022 3:16 pm

Hello I know im not in europe but can i pls join, also i have a civil war i need help with ive been ganged up on by the fascist countries( the rebels are fascist)
Last edited by Floridalandia on Tue May 17, 2022 3:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
New college being built, Name announced to be, Floridalandian University (UF).

Alliances
EDL
TFTO

Floridalandia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Floridalandia » Tue May 17, 2022 3:32 pm

hello?

Alliances
EDL
TFTO

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Tue May 17, 2022 3:44 pm

Floridalandia wrote:Hello I know im not in europe but can i pls join, also i have a civil war i need help with ive been ganged up on by the fascist countries( the rebels are fascist)

This is the IC, not the OOC, where you should be asking, no offense. And you could join as an observer, but right now we will likely ignore your request as we are planning to intervene somewhere else.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Tue May 17, 2022 3:50 pm

Soveiniesberg wrote:Josef Anschyise had been listening patiently to the entire conversation.

"Well, I agree, but we could send a peacekeeping operation there, perhaps even a task force. Yes?"

He smiled and took a look around.

"Yes. We currently have 3 in favor, at least who have voiced it, and we have 7 members. We need another supporter to begin the initiative, so I call a brief, hour long recess to notify our leaders that we are likely going to have to mobilize."

Drakonaris
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Drakonaris » Tue May 17, 2022 4:17 pm

Denarius Yeltek the Drakonarian representative arrives a few minutes later his dark red robes trailing a bit behind him as he strides into the room. Apologies for my tardiness representatives I was, delayed. We are discussing the matter of the Muqaddasian-Janpian War are we not. While the Republic is prepared to assist with reconnaissance and possibly air support if the League decides to intervene we fear the war expanding into Europe proper and threatening our lands.

For now the delegation of Drakonaris will abstain until we know more about the relative strength and proximity of the belligerent powers to Europe as well as the opinions of the other delegates.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Wed May 18, 2022 4:14 am

Sir Vitya Federov, Order of the Tzar "An appropriate course of action. May we hear any other opinions before we vote on this resolution?"

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth » Wed May 18, 2022 4:23 am

Richard Hawkins: ‘‘Gentlemen! I don't believe we should intervene in any way or whatsoever in the Muqaddasian-Janpian War. The war doesn't concern us and our intervention can lead to increase escalation in the conflict.’’
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Wed May 18, 2022 4:27 am

Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth wrote:Richard Hawkins: ‘‘Gentlemen! I don't believe we should intervene in any way or whatsoever in the Muqaddasian-Janpian War. The war doesn't concern us and our intervention can lead to increase escalation in the conflict.’’

Sir Vitya Fedorov, OOTT "indeed, it is likely for that to be true. What I am worried about is the change in the status quo. I believe we should intervene so we can block interference, as we won't know whether or not occupiers wll be as friendly as Muqqadasia was."

Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth » Wed May 18, 2022 4:31 am

The Free Russian Tzarists wrote:
Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth wrote:Richard Hawkins: ‘‘Gentlemen! I don't believe we should intervene in any way or whatsoever in the Muqaddasian-Janpian War. The war doesn't concern us and our intervention can lead to increase escalation in the conflict.’’

Sir Vitya Fedorov, OOTT "indeed, it is likely for that to be true. What I am worried about is the change in the status quo. I believe we should intervene so we can block interference, as we won't know whether or not occupiers wll be as friendly as Muqqadasia was."

Richard Hawkins: ‘‘Janpia and Oceania, in particular, doesn't have a good record as a good occupying force. If Muqaddasia crumbles then one thing is certain Communists will gain a foothold in the Persian Gulf. EDL intervention would also result in direct conflict with Communists.’’
_[' ]_
(-_Q)

Grande Germania
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Grande Germania » Wed May 18, 2022 9:26 am

Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth wrote:
The Free Russian Tzarists wrote:Sir Vitya Fedorov, OOTT "indeed, it is likely for that to be true. What I am worried about is the change in the status quo. I believe we should intervene so we can block interference, as we won't know whether or not occupiers wll be as friendly as Muqqadasia was."

Richard Hawkins: ‘‘Janpia and Oceania, in particular, doesn't have a good record as a good occupying force. If Muqaddasia crumbles then one thing is certain Communists will gain a foothold in the Persian Gulf. EDL intervention would also result in direct conflict with Communists.’’

"A conflict with Janpia is to be avoided, we are not ready for a conflict with that power,however, we could impose sanctions on the invaders and equip the defenders "
Last edited by Grande Germania on Wed May 18, 2022 9:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Wed May 18, 2022 12:30 pm

Great Britain and Galactic Commonwealth wrote:
The Free Russian Tzarists wrote:Sir Vitya Fedorov, OOTT "indeed, it is likely for that to be true. What I am worried about is the change in the status quo. I believe we should intervene so we can block interference, as we won't know whether or not occupiers wll be as friendly as Muqqadasia was."

Sir Vitya Fedorov, OOTT "That is why we must take control of the situation. I believe we should intervene and support Muqadasia if nothing else to make a statement that Europe will stand for Europe. I do not believe we need to worry about military conflict, however. Janpia doesn't have a track record of declaring wars on countries that aid their opponents."

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Wed May 18, 2022 6:07 pm

Sir Vitya Fedorov, OOTT "I motion we begin voting on Resolution 1, which is to intervene in Muqqadasia on the Muqqadasian side to stabilize the Middle East."

Floridalandia
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Floridalandia » Thu May 19, 2022 7:11 am

The Republic Of Flordialandia formaly requests the European Defense League to help it in its struggles with the Gothic Crimean-Floridalandian War, They attacked us after a peace treaty was signed, they caused us to declare a state of war, we request for your assistance, democracy depends on it.

OOC:sry if im not allowed to post here, i just want to make sure im on right thread.
Last edited by Floridalandia on Thu May 19, 2022 7:11 am, edited 1 time in total.

Alliances
EDL
TFTO

Republica Federal de Catalunya
Minister

Founded: Nov 21, 2011
New York Times Democracy

Postby Republica Federal de Catalunya » Thu May 19, 2022 10:37 am

I propose an immediate offer of support to Floridalandia

I already can offer before any other help could be send 500 EUR million in military aid and immediate deliver of military equipment.

Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Free Russian Tzarists » Thu May 19, 2022 12:46 pm

Floridalandia wrote:The Republic Of Flordialandia formaly requests the European Defense League to help it in its struggles with the Gothic Crimean-Floridalandian War, They attacked us after a peace treaty was signed, they caused us to declare a state of war, we request for your assistance, democracy depends on it.

OOC:sry if im not allowed to post here, i just want to make sure im on right thread.

OOC: You can't post here right now.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents