NATION

PASSWORD

International Confederation of Wizards [OOC][Sign-ups]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
User avatar
Meretica
Senator
 
Posts: 4524
Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

International Confederation of Wizards [OOC][Sign-ups]

Postby Meretica » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:15 am

Image
Welcome to the International Confederation of Wizards!

Welcome to the International Confederation of Wizards, an independent alliance devoted to the progression of technology in the interest of innovation, space exploration, and the advancement of humanity. The ICW was founded by a group of Meretican-born scientists currently living on Ceres, and they are funded by Almaton Fleet Systems, the largest Meretican-based space corporation. These scientists, led by Chief Warlock Thomas McCormac, are devoted solely to advancing the technology of humanity and sharing designs, concepts, and advanced sciences. Why? For the sake of science, of course!

The ICW is led by a Chief Warlock, who is appointed for life. Beneath him are various ranks: Snr. Warlock, Warlock, Jr. Warlock, Master Wizard, Sr. Wizard, Wizard, and Wizard-in-Training.

IC coming soon.

Code: Select all
[b]Nation Name:[/b]
[b]Delegate(s):[/b]
[b]Science Policies:[/b]
[b]Views on Unmonitored Scientific Progress:[/b]
[b]Views on Medical and Scientific Ethics:[/b]
News: Richard Martin, the independent governor of Meretica's Lunar Colony, has announced a presidential bid. A centrist running on a populist platform, Martin is gaining traction on both sides of the aisle. || President Maria Flores now holds a net approval rating of -28 points as the Meretican economy has begun to collapse. After Treasury Secretary Amanda Dayton was honest about the inability of the Flores Admin to properly handle the crisis, she was fired, leaving the Treasury Department without a leader.

User avatar
Gralov
Diplomat
 
Posts: 616
Founded: Jul 11, 2021
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gralov » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:33 am

Nation Name:The Federative Commonwealth of Gralov
Delegate(s): Hendrik-Jan Nobbe
Science Policies:
- Scientists are allowed to operate independently.
- Science is well funded by the state, having an official agency, called MDSA (Ministry on Development and Scientific Advancement)
- Businesses can fund research and can create their own research agencies.

Views on Unmonitored Scientific Progress: Our nation sees unmonitored scientific progress that slows research on science, but thinks that our nation may discover new technologies due to its randomness.
Views on Medical and Scientific Ethics: We personally think we may have to set ethics aside for development and progress.
Last edited by Gralov on Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:44 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Federal Commonwealth of Gralov: Federal Technocratic Nationstate.
Intelligence. Innovation. Inspiration
Part of the IHC and the ICW
Observer in: LDO and the IUN
Embassy ProgrameNUCLEAR DEFENSE READINESS: 2
Gralovian Broadcasting Media Company: Fastest Gralovian Supercomputer used in the Clando Nuclear Power Plant beaten by new Supercomputer, going at 26.4 exaFLOPS, beating the previous record of 521.2 petaFLOPS│ New AI "Intra" introduced by the MDSA claimed to have exceeded capabilities with the AI going at 54.2 exaFLOPS.│Many citizens living in Gralov confirmed to have Technophilia, says recent study.│Rail Infrastructure to be expanded, according to the MPW.

User avatar
Meretica
Senator
 
Posts: 4524
Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Meretica » Sat Apr 02, 2022 6:35 am

Gralov wrote:OOC: I wrote my signup but i hate to ask, what do you mean by science policy?

I'll replace this message with my signup after you answer.

Is science funded by the government? How much? To what degree are scientists allowed to operate independently? Can businesses fund scientific research? Etc
News: Richard Martin, the independent governor of Meretica's Lunar Colony, has announced a presidential bid. A centrist running on a populist platform, Martin is gaining traction on both sides of the aisle. || President Maria Flores now holds a net approval rating of -28 points as the Meretican economy has begun to collapse. After Treasury Secretary Amanda Dayton was honest about the inability of the Flores Admin to properly handle the crisis, she was fired, leaving the Treasury Department without a leader.

User avatar
The Sealandian State
Envoy
 
Posts: 304
Founded: Jan 29, 2022
Ex-Nation

Postby The Sealandian State » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:13 am

Nation Name: The Territories of the Territories of Sealand
Delegate(s): Flint Eccleston
Science Policies: The government lets private science companies research and apply scientific knowledge for them for the most part. They use subsidies or government-controlled research agencies if there's anything specific, or in the case of the latter, illegal, that the government is interested in researching or designing. Science is a major aspect of the free market, and must be treated as such, which allows the government to focus on other matters, like lunar colonization and the ongoing 'cold war' with the KTO.
Views on Unmonitored Scientific Progress: Careless and risky, with a high possibility of something going catastrophically wrong when researching and applying science without some standards or restrictions
Views on Medical and Scientific Ethics: Invaluable in helping prevent any unforeseen consequences from scientific research and applications, and must be used to some degree.

User avatar
Meretica
Senator
 
Posts: 4524
Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Meretica » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:34 am

Gralov wrote:Nation Name:The Federative Commonwealth of Gralov
Delegate(s): Hendrik-Jan Nobbe
Science Policies:
- Scientists are allowed to operate independently.
- Science is well funded by the state, having an official agency, called MDSA (Ministry on Development and Scientific Advancement)
- Businesses can fund research and can create their own research agencies.

Views on Unmonitored Scientific Progress: Our nation sees unmonitored scientific progress that slows research on science, but thinks that our nation may discover new technologies due to its randomness.
Views on Medical and Scientific Ethics: We personally think we may have to set ethics aside for development and progress.

Accepted on probation due to questionable ethics.

The Sealandian State wrote:Nation Name: The Territories of the Territories of Sealand
Delegate(s): Flint Eccleston
Science Policies: The government lets private science companies research and apply scientific knowledge for them for the most part. They use subsidies or government-controlled research agencies if there's anything specific, or in the case of the latter, illegal, that the government is interested in researching or designing. Science is a major aspect of the free market, and must be treated as such, which allows the government to focus on other matters, like lunar colonization and the ongoing 'cold war' with the KTO.
Views on Unmonitored Scientific Progress: Careless and risky, with a high possibility of something going catastrophically wrong when researching and applying science without some standards or restrictions
Views on Medical and Scientific Ethics: Invaluable in helping prevent any unforeseen consequences from scientific research and applications, and must be used to some degree.

Accepted

I will be up on Monday as. Away from home atm
News: Richard Martin, the independent governor of Meretica's Lunar Colony, has announced a presidential bid. A centrist running on a populist platform, Martin is gaining traction on both sides of the aisle. || President Maria Flores now holds a net approval rating of -28 points as the Meretican economy has begun to collapse. After Treasury Secretary Amanda Dayton was honest about the inability of the Flores Admin to properly handle the crisis, she was fired, leaving the Treasury Department without a leader.

User avatar
New Kowloon Bay
Diplomat
 
Posts: 596
Founded: Jun 01, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby New Kowloon Bay » Sat Apr 02, 2022 7:51 am

Nation Name:New Kowloon
Delegate(s): Zhu Lianmao
Science Policies:
-Scientists are allowed to operate independently from the government, but must report all major scientific discoveries and requests on Class-A and Class-B materials to the governing body for science, the NKSD. Businesses, universities and non-government departments can also fund the sciences, and science is a must-have subject in all schools and universities. Each month, the government will award limited grants and subsidies to chosen companies and scientists.

For the government, it spends quite a lot on new defensive sciences and planetary sciences, including terraforming and space craft.
Views on Unmonitored Scientific Progress: Unmonitored science is allowed, but very risky and very uncommon.
Views on Medical and Scientific Ethics:Ethics must be considered when in scientific research and its uses, but it is limited.
Yeah I don't know when I'm set in.
yet another uh.....
NKB News:


More information here.

GSA always will be missed

User avatar
Meretica
Senator
 
Posts: 4524
Founded: Nov 16, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Meretica » Sat Apr 02, 2022 8:36 am

New Kowloon Bay wrote:Nation Name:New Kowloon
Delegate(s): Zhu Lianmao
Science Policies:
-Scientists are allowed to operate independently from the government but must report all major scientific discoveries and requests on Class-A and Class-B materials to the governing body for science, the NKSD. Businesses, universities, and non-government departments can also fund the sciences, and science is a must-have subject in all schools and universities. Each month, the government will award limited grants and subsidies to chosen companies and scientists.

For the government, it spends quite a lot on new defensive sciences and planetary sciences, including terraforming and spacecraft.
Views on Unmonitored Scientific Progress: Unmonitored science is allowed, but very risky and very uncommon.
Views on Medical and Scientific Ethics:Ethics must be considered when in scientific research and its uses, but it is limited.

Accepted on precautionary probation.

Also, "probation" means that you'll be watched for about 2 weeks for serious ethical violations. You're a full member, it's just a precautionary measure.

Also, Discord: https://discord.gg/5rQpduvX
News: Richard Martin, the independent governor of Meretica's Lunar Colony, has announced a presidential bid. A centrist running on a populist platform, Martin is gaining traction on both sides of the aisle. || President Maria Flores now holds a net approval rating of -28 points as the Meretican economy has begun to collapse. After Treasury Secretary Amanda Dayton was honest about the inability of the Flores Admin to properly handle the crisis, she was fired, leaving the Treasury Department without a leader.


Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Roendavar, Sonakion

Advertisement

Remove ads