NATION

PASSWORD

At First Glance

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Thrairond
Lobbyist

Founded: May 15, 2010
Ex-Nation

At First Glance

Postby Thrairond » Wed May 19, 2010 12:19 pm

The young Emissary tapped his fingers impatiently on the table, adjusting his position in the chair for the ninth time. He was not one to talk to himself, otherwise he'd have long since given in to his irritation. He checked again that his attire was without wrinkle or dust, and looked at his reflection in the laminate table almost hoping to find a flaw to correct. His black hair was short, however it seemed made of thousands of spikes, all pointing directly away from his head. His eyes were white to black, and his face was the sharp blemish-less face of an orator. At first glance, he was a young man untempered in the political forge, a man with little experience and questionable talent.
Still waiting for a message, the young man thought back to the conversation he'd had with Her Emissary several days ago.
"They do not know of us," Her Emissary had said solemnly. "The world knows little of us, and does not consider us. We will change that, but we are a small land and of no consequence to many at present. Our duty is to make ourselves known, establish trade, and begin to teach others of Her will."
"I understand," the young man had replied, "but can there be any hope of our influence becoming as great as is Her desire?"
"In time, we shall see. As for now, Her commands are to be obeyed unfalteringly."

Returning to the present, the Emissary looked up as a letter was handed to him. He opened it and read quickly the words: They are ready for you. With enthusiasm that came from both curiosity and having been so bored, the young man walked steadily out of the room, down the hall, and into the large meeting room. As he walked to the front of the room, his mind was racing, but he did not look at all uncomfortable as he began to speak to the diplomats gathered there.
"Ladies and gentlemen, it is an honor to be among you. I am Tureeva Shrike, an Emissary of Thrairond. I was courteously given the chance to address you, and as your time is valuable I will not misuse it. This is for many of you likely the first you have ever heard of Thrairond, and I hope to leave a positive impression. We of Thrairond have a great desire to learn more of our fellow nations, and to become in your eyes favorable.
"Our hope is to learn more of the culture and method of those around us, and to trade our resources that they could be an aid to our neighbors. We hope to share our own practices, history, and ideals with any who wish it."
Tureeva took a moment to pause, giving the diplomats present a moment to let his words process. He knew he spoke too elegantly for some, and perhaps not elegantly enough for others, but he intended to reach the minds of as many there as possible. Then, with a smile, he continued.
"As I have so kindly been offered a large amount of time, I can take any questions. There is little information on my country at present, I would like with your help to change that."

Return to International Incidents