NATION

PASSWORD

Galapagos Negotiations [IC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Military State of the Galapagos
Minister

Founded: Jan 19, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:33 pm

Since there is no more objections, I believe I have made my point and the peace treaty should be modified to exclude foreign run parties
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:36 pm

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:Since there is no more objections, I believe I have made my point and the peace treaty should be modified to exclude foreign run parties

Fred Edwards: “No point has been made here at all. No violations to the treaty should be allowed. I Motion to vote on the new treaty with the edited Article 7.”
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

The Territories of Sealand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:49 pm

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:Since there is no more objections, I believe I have made my point and the peace treaty should be modified to exclude foreign run parties

Fred Edwards: “No point has been made here at all. No violations to the treaty should be allowed. I Motion to vote on the new treaty with the edited Article 7.”

The Galapagos can decide whether to allow foreign-run parties, as the treaty says that:

The Territories of Sealand wrote:
Article 1: Any party can participate in local and national elections, regardless of political ideology.

It wouldn't be a treaty violation to exclude foreign run parties, so there is no need to make a rule about it in the treaty.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
POPULATION: 70 million
CAPITAL: Brunswick
LEADER: Little Brother
ANTHEM: Long live Sealand
MORE ABOUT SEALAND: This is the official factbook on Sealand.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:51 pm

I feel as though I have made a substantial point. You would not like it for us to set up parties in your country so why should we accept you setting up parties in our country?
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 16, 2022 1:57 pm

The Galapagos can decide whether to allow foreign-run parties, as the treaty says that:

Article 1: Any party can participate in local and national elections, regardless of political ideology.

It wouldn't be a treaty violation to exclude foreign run parties, so there is no need to make a rule about it in the treaty.

Fred Edwards: “Article 1 specifically states that any and all political parties regardless of origin and ideology can participate. That article would be violated because the Galapagosian Representative does not want all parties to participate at all.”
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:06 pm

The Territories of Sealand wrote:The Galapagos can decide whether to allow foreign-run parties, as the treaty says that:

Fred Edwards: “Article 1 specifically states that any and all political parties regardless of origin and ideology can participate. That article would be violated because the Galapagosian Representative does not want all parties to participate at all.”

What part of we don’t want you meddling in our politics is unconstitutional. We are ok to allow Galapagosian parties even your immigrants if they are registered but not your government
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:14 pm

The Territories of Sealand wrote:The Galapagos can decide whether to allow foreign-run parties, as the treaty says that:

Origin isn't mentioned in Article 1, so technically the Galapagos gets to decide what to do with foreign-run parties. Now shall we all vote on the treaty?
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 16, 2022 2:19 pm

Origin isn't mentioned in Article 1, so technically the Galapagos gets to decide what to do with foreign-run parties. Now shall we all vote on the treaty?

Fred Edwards: “No. Not yet.”

OOC: Sealand, telegram me. There are a few more edits necessary for the treaty.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Mon Jan 17, 2022 10:32 am

The new Article 1:

Article 1: any and all political parties, regardless of ideology can participate in elections. Both immigrants and Galapagos natives can vote and set up political parties. Foreigners can only set up political parties if there is lots of public or government support to do so, and foreign-run parties that already exist can have their fate decided by a referendum or government vote, or said foreign run party could be changed to be run by natives or immigrants and no longer be run by a foreign government. This includes political parties set up by foreign governments that have made up the current Galapagosian Government, such as the parties currently participating in the Two-Star Alliance between the Marajarbian LibCaps and Olpenese LibComs.
NS stats not canon.

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Mon Jan 17, 2022 11:42 am

The Territories of Sealand wrote:The new Article 1:

Article 1: any and all political parties, regardless of ideology can participate in elections. Both immigrants and Galapagos natives can vote and set up political parties. Foreigners can only set up political parties if there is lots of public or government support to do so, and foreign-run parties that already exist can have their fate decided by a referendum or government vote, or said foreign run party could be changed to be run by natives or immigrants and no longer be run by a foreign government. This includes political parties set up by foreign governments that have made up the current Galapagosian Government, such as the parties currently participating in the Two-Star Alliance between the Marajarbian LibCaps and Olpenese LibComs.

This is ok but I fell as though the immigrants should only be allowed to set up parties or vote if they have Galapagos citizenship. Meanwhile I believe that the question of the foreign political parties should be immediately voted upon to shut down those hated parties once and for all
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:56 pm

OOC: Should we finalize a peace treaty now since this thread is sorta dead
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:58 pm

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:OOC: Should we finalize a peace treaty now since this thread is sorta dead

OOC: Yes. Should there be a vote, or should we respect the rules and ratify it with majority support?

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:03 pm

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:OOC: Should we finalize a peace treaty now since this thread is sorta dead

OOC: Yes. Should there be a vote, or should we respect the rules and ratify it with majority support?

OOC: Can I see the treaty to make sure there is no hidden clauses to it. Then I think we should have a vote but maybe with only the big players in this war
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:06 pm

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:

OOC: Can I see the treaty to make sure there is no hidden clauses to it. Then I think we should have a vote but maybe with only the big players in this war

OOC: Sealand has the complete treaty, edits and all.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Wed Jan 19, 2022 1:49 pm

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:OOC: Can I see the treaty to make sure there is no hidden clauses to it. Then I think we should have a vote but maybe with only the big players in this war

OOC: Here's the current treaty:

Treaty of Galapagos

Article 1: Any and all political parties, regardless of ideology can participate in elections. Both immigrants and Galapagos natives can vote and set up political parties. Foreigners can only set up political parties if there is lots of public or government support to do so, and foreign-run parties that already exist can have their fate decided by a referendum or government vote, or said foreign run party could be changed to be run by natives or immigrants and no longer be run by a foreign government. This includes political parties set up by foreign governments that have made up the current Galapagosian Government, such as the parties currently participating in the Two-Star Alliance between the Marajarbian LibCaps and Olpenese LibComs.

Article 2: In the next 1-2 months, all Coalition forces as well as foreign aid for the GLA will leave the Galapagos.

Article 3: The Hard Labor Camps are to be abolished completely, and Galapagosian prisoners of war freed regardless if they are Pro-Coalition or Pro-GLA.

Article 4: Foreign immigrants are to be protected under law and encouraged to go back home should economic or political conditions worsen in the Galapagos. Immigrants can return, however once the situation has fully stabilized.

Article 5: All nations, whether neutral, pro-coalition, or pro-GLA can establish free trade with the Galapagos due to the status and existence of nationalized products and an economic bloc unless the Galapagos is heavily opposed to free trade with a specific nation, in which case restrictions can be made. Said country can negotiate an easing of trade restrictions with the Galapagos if they feel the need to.

Article 6: The FSG is to become the official government, with the GLA being a disarmed political party within it. Elections are to be held immediately after the signing of the treaty, with electoral observers ensuring a true democratic process and all parties having a shot at winning unless they campaign on no more democracy.

Article 7: Should a new constitution be required, it would need to first be voted upon by the Parliament. Once that happens, the Government and Provisional Council/neutral international observers (depending on what happens to the Provisional Government) will work together to ensure that the treaty isn’t going to be violated by the new constitution. If attempts to replace the Coalition made constitution fail, it is still subject to minor edits. This can include the additions of new articles and/or removal of articles. However, any edits made would require majority bipartisan support, and cannot violate the treaty.

Article 8: War criminals from both sides will be put on trial, and said trial must be fair, with no bias against either side.

Article 9: The CDF will become the official Galapagos army, though they cannot declare war, and they cannot have offensive capabilities against foreign nations. The CDF is to be a defensive force, and so can only operate within the Galapagos border, and any CDF troops, equipment, and such, must be siezed when spotted outside the border.

Article 10: The CDF must not deny former GLA troops who didn't participated on war crimes. They must not also be deprived to rise on the ranks of the CDF. To prevent coalition bias in the military, the CDF must be pro-Galapagos, and the high ranks of it should be a Galapagosian citizen. They have the right to control military units, or sack military personnel that went against Galapagosian civilian or military law.

Article 11: The Provisional Council is to temporarily remain until its fate can be decided. If the treaty is violated somewhere in-between the start of the troop pullout and the democratic transition, the Provisional Council will remain as the temporary government and declare a state of emergency.
NS stats not canon.

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Wed Jan 19, 2022 2:56 pm

Treaty of Galapagos

Article 1: Any and all political parties, regardless of ideology can participate in elections. Both immigrants and Galapagos natives can vote and set up political parties. Foreigners can only set up political parties if there is lots of public or government support to do so, and foreign-run parties that already exist can have their fate decided by a referendum or government vote, or said foreign run party could be changed to be run by natives or immigrants and no longer be run by a foreign government. This includes political parties set up by foreign governments that have made up the current Galapagosian Government, such as the parties currently participating in the Two-Star Alliance between the Marajarbian LibCaps and Olpenese LibComs.

Article 2: In the next 1-2 months, all Coalition forces as well as foreign aid for the GLA will leave the Galapagos.

Article 3: The Hard Labor Camps are to be abolished completely, and Galapagosian prisoners of war freed regardless if they are Pro-Coalition or Pro-GLA.

Article 4: Foreign immigrants are to be protected under law and encouraged to go back home should economic or political conditions worsen in the Galapagos. Immigrants can return, however once the situation has fully stabilized.

Article 5: All nations, whether neutral, pro-coalition, or pro-GLA can establish free trade with the Galapagos due to the status and existence of nationalized products and an economic bloc unless the Galapagos is heavily opposed to free trade with a specific nation, in which case restrictions can be made. Said country can negotiate an easing of trade restrictions with the Galapagos if they feel the need to.

Article 6: The FSG is to become the official government, with the GLA being a disarmed political party within it. Elections are to be held immediately after the signing of the treaty, with electoral observers ensuring a true democratic process and all parties having a shot at winning unless they campaign on no more democracy.

Article 7: Should a new constitution be required, it would need to first be voted upon by the Parliament. Once that happens, the Government and Provisional Council/neutral international observers (depending on what happens to the Provisional Government) will work together to ensure that the treaty isn’t going to be violated by the new constitution. If attempts to replace the Coalition made constitution fail, it is still subject to minor edits. This can include the additions of new articles and/or removal of articles. However, any edits made would require majority bipartisan support, and cannot violate the treaty.

Article 8: War criminals from both sides will be put on trial, and said trial must be fair, with no bias against either side.

Article 9: The CDF will become the official Galapagos army, though they cannot declare war, and they cannot have offensive capabilities against foreign nations. The CDF is to be a defensive force, and so can only operate within the Galapagos border, and any CDF troops, equipment, and such, must be siezed when spotted outside the border.

Article 10: The CDF must not deny former GLA troops who didn't participated on war crimes. They must not also be deprived to rise on the ranks of the CDF. To prevent coalition bias in the military, the CDF must be pro-Galapagos, and the high ranks of it should be a Galapagosian citizen. They have the right to control military units, or sack military personnel that went against Galapagosian civilian or military law.

Article 11: The Provisional Council is to temporarily remain until its fate can be decided. If the treaty is violated somewhere in-between the start of the troop pullout and the democratic transition, the Provisional Council will remain as the temporary government and declare a state of emergency.

Ok I guess this is ok. So are when going to have elections?
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Wed Jan 19, 2022 3:10 pm

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:

Treaty of Galapagos

Ok I guess this is ok. So are when going to have elections?

The Galapagos elections begin immediately after the signing of the treaty.
NS stats not canon.

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:32 am

Should we get to the signing the pact and moving towards Galapagos elections
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:37 am

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:Should we get to the signing the pact and moving towards Galapagos elections

Fred Edwards: "To ensure the safety and prosperity of the Galapagosian people, as well as continued economic growth for the tourist paradise, the Marajarbian Government shall sign this treaty!"

Janpia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 20, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Janpia » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:43 am

Rep. Mavov: "As the representative of the Janpian Union, we will sign this treaty to secure long term peace in Galapagos."

Long live the Janpian Union of Revolutionary States!

5th Era

Since NS TG doesnt work, you can chat me on discord: JanJP / boteymcboteface
HomeNewsGeneral InformationMilitaryMapsEmbassyStore

The King Isle
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Thu Jan 20, 2022 8:44 am

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:Should we get to the signing the pact and moving towards Galapagos elections

Fred Edwards: "To ensure the safety and prosperity of the Galapagosian people, as well as continued economic growth for the tourist paradise, the Marajarbian Government shall sign this treaty!"

The Kingmen Representative says that their won't be a tourist paradise, Galapagos will become independent
IC NAME: Tartania

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:31 pm

The GLA will sign this pact on behalf of the Galapagos people
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Thu Jan 20, 2022 2:41 pm

Sealand votes aye.
NS stats not canon.

Minister

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:30 pm

Since most of the major nations have agreed to the pact shall we make it official?
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Deblar
Negotiator

Founded: Jan 28, 2021
Left-wing Utopia

Postby Deblar » Thu Jan 20, 2022 4:31 pm

"This treaty shall do nicely. We will sign!"

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents