NATION

PASSWORD

Galapagos Negotiations [IC]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Founded: Mar 21, 2021
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:24 am

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:
The Territories of Sealand wrote:
As long as the GLA can't become politically powerful in the treaty, and when democratic elections should be held is stated, I'd be in complete support of the GLA's peace proposal with the immigrants being second-class citizen part removed. We believe that the GLA shouldn't get involved in politics to ensure that the democracy doesn't fall to a coup, and the point when democratic elections can begin should also be stated, so that no one from either side uses the phrase as a loophole after the treaty is signed.

The GLA shall assume the role as the military and the Free State of the Galapagos government as the government until elections can be held

Fred Edwards: “That also, once again, violates treaty perameters.”
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Some NS stats are not canon. Nation represents some (not all) of my RL views

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

The King Isle
Minister

Founded: Jun 21, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:36 am

Southeast Marajarbia wrote:
The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:The GLA shall assume the role as the military and the Free State of the Galapagos government as the government until elections can be held

We don't care about your stupid so called "parameters" says the Kingmen Rep
IC NAME: Tartania

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:45 am

The King Isle wrote:

We don't care about your stupid so called "parameters" says the Kingmen Rep

Fred Edwards: "Usage of Profanity? Check. Authoritarians still taking power? Check. Racial violence and/or hate crimes? Check. No Democratic System due to the probability of the fascist GLA effectively creating a one party state by preventing elections and/or banning all far-left left wing parties? Check. This is all exactly what we are not supposed to be doing. Let us draft another treaty once again, and one that does absolutely nothing to violate treaty parameters."
Last edited by Southeast Marajarbia on Sun Jan 09, 2022 4:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
Just a regular old II Superpower nation, and large scale trading empire that likes to have fun! You (the reader) can find me all over II nowadays, so I suggest having a chat.

Join I&II (An NS news thread open to everybody and anybody) here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=525784

The King Isle
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:01 am

The Kingmen Empire offers to hold new talks in Edinburgh with the Galapagos government and the GLA invited.
SIC: What the Galapagos Government installed by the coalition don't know is that they are going to be arrested and handed over To The GLA. (No SM you can't just find out, that would be metagaming)
Last edited by The King Isle on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:09 am

The King Isle wrote:The Kingmen Empire offers to hold new talks in Edinburgh with the Galapagos government and the GLA invited.
SIC: What the Galapagos Government installed by the coalition don't know is that they are going to be arrested and handed over To The GLA. (No SM you can't just find out, that would be metagaming)

Gov. Grant would, of course, refuse. The Marajarbian Government would only agree to talks on neutral territory led by a nation neutral in the conflict, and thus would only accept if a nation such as Deblar or Sealand holds these talks.

The King Isle
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:10 am

The King Isle wrote:The Kingmen Empire offers to hold new talks in Edinburgh with the Galapagos government and the GLA invited.

Gov. Grant would, of course, refuse. The Marajarbian Government would only agree to talks on neutral territory led by a nation neutral in the conflict, and thus would only accept if a nation such as Deblar or Sealand holds these talks.

OOC: That's metagaming

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:11 am

The King Isle wrote:

OOC: That's metagaming

OOC: No, it isn’t. Meta gaming would be having my character find the SIC in your post out with a snap of a finger. My Government just refused talks since they aren’t led by nations neutral in the conflict.

The King Isle
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:12 am

The King Isle wrote:OOC: That's metagaming

OOC: No, it isn’t. Meta gaming would be having my character find the SIC in your post out with a snap of a finger. My Government just refused talks since they aren’t led by nations neutral in the conflict.

OOC: the real reason you denied is that it was SIC, just accept that was metagaming

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:15 am

The King Isle wrote:

OOC: the real reason you denied is that it was SIC, just accept that was metagaming

OOC: Stop lying. If my government states that they want talks in a neutral country, it’s not metagaming. Metagaming would be the following:

(Metagame example): “Gov. Grant would refuse as he didn’t want to be arrested and handed over to a fascist terrorist group.”

OOC cont: See what I mean?

The Territories of Sealand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:18 am

OOC: ICly, we wouldn't need to move locations to negotiate, as moving to a different country to negotiate again isn't worth it when we could just continue here.

IC: We don't see the need to change where we negotiate, and while we appreciate the attempt at trying again at negotiations, we still believe that it can be done here. Anyway, we propose that an election is held in the Galapagos within a year after the treaty is signed, and that, the Deblarian founded Galapagos and the GLA work to establish a democracy. After the elections happen, the GLA is reduced to a non-political army, and the representatives for the Free State of the Galapagos are replaced by whoever wins the elections. Only war criminals from the coalition government will face trial, and the trial must be fair and just, so that only people who actually commited war crimes will face punishment. Immigrants will be protected by law, though there can be a campaign to encourage them to migrate back. Does that seem good?
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:20 am, edited 5 times in total.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
POPULATION: 70 million
CAPITAL: Brunswick
LEADER: Little Brother
ANTHEM: Long live Sealand
MORE ABOUT SEALAND: This is the official factbook on Sealand.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:24 am

The Territories of Sealand wrote:OOC: ICly, we wouldn't need to move locations to negotiate, as moving to a different country to negotiate again isn't worth it when we could just continue here.

IC: We don't see the need to change where we negotiate, and while we appreciate the attempt at trying again at negotiations, we still believe that it can be done here. Anyway, we propose that an election is held in the Galapagos within a year after the treaty is signed, and that, the Deblarian founded Galapagos and the GLA work to establish a democracy. After the elections happen, the GLA is reduced to a non-political army, and the representatives for the Free State of the Galapagos are replaced by whoever wins the elections. Only war criminals from the coalition government will face trial, and the trial must be fair and just, so that only people who actually commited war crimes will face punishment. Immigrants will be protected by law, though there can be a campaign to encourage them to migrate back. Does that seem good?

Fred Edwards: “No, that isn’t neutral at all. That just hands the authoritarians and fascists a win. Make it war criminals from both sides, no army (or the Civil Defense Force instead of GLA), recognize the independence of FSG, and we definitely won’t approve of campaigns to send immigrants back home.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:31 am

The Territories of Sealand wrote:OOC: ICly, we wouldn't need to move locations to negotiate, as moving to a different country to negotiate again isn't worth it when we could just continue here.

Fred Edwards: “No, that isn’t neutral at all. That just hands the authoritarians and fascists a win. Make it war criminals from both sides, no army (or the Civil Defense Force instead of GLA), recognize the independence of FSG, and we definitely won’t approve of campaigns to send immigrants back home.”

We will support putting war criminals from both sides on trial, there should be an army but it should stay out of politics permanently after the first elections after the peace treaty, and no WMDs will be allowed, and the NAP between the GLA and the coalition should allow the Galapagos a real army, so we aren't sure why you still don't want them to have an army. We would recognize the independence of the Free States of the Galapagos, as the GLA would be non-political after the next election, and thus the FSG would be the main government I suppose, and the campaigns to get immigrants back home is optional and only meant to be used if their living conditions become unbearable after the treaty, which we hope won't happen.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:36 am

We will support putting war criminals from both sides on trial, there should be an army but it should stay out of politics permanently after the first elections after the peace treaty, and no WMDs will be allowed, and the NAP between the GLA and the coalition should allow the Galapagos a real army, so we aren't sure why you still don't want them to have an army. We would recognize the independence of the Free States of the Galapagos, as the GLA would be non-political after the next election, and thus the FSG would be the main government I suppose, and the campaigns to get immigrants back home is optional and only meant to be used if their living conditions become unbearable after the treaty, which we hope won't happen.

Fred Edwards: “We don’t want a Galapagosian army. The Civil Defense Force has been trained to be a full on military force that doesn’t intervene in politics and prevents the Galapagos from violating the treaty. Other than that, the FSG would be independent. Elections would be held in the Tourist Paradise with all parties unbanned and able to participate so long as electoral observers are present to ensure a true democratic process and safe democratic transition of political power. The FSG isn’t the Galapagos, but is it’s own Galapagos, and this means it should be left alone.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:46 am

Fred Edwards: “We don’t want a Galapagosian army. The Civil Defense Force has been trained to be a full on military force that doesn’t intervene in politics and prevents the Galapagos from violating the treaty. Other than that, the FSG would be independent. Elections would be held in the Tourist Paradise with all parties unbanned and able to participate so long as electoral observers are present to ensure a true democratic process and safe democratic transition of political power. The FSG isn’t the Galapagos, but is it’s own Galapagos, and this means it should be left alone.”

The GLA isn't going to accept a coalition-trained army, the FSG would be equals to the GLA for a year, and after a year, the FSG would be the main Galapagos. All parties can run, electoral observers are a good idea, and we aren't sure what you mean by the FSG being a separate Galapagos that should be left alone. It is one of the Galapagos that would be a more stable democracy that the coalition's as it is more popular than the coalition government, and so would be just as democratic without immediately facing rebellion upon becoming the official government of the Galapagos. How they build and run such a democracy is up to them.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats not canon.

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:58 am

The GLA isn't going to accept a coalition-trained army, the FSG would be equals to the GLA for a year, and after a year, the FSG would be the main Galapagos. All parties can run, electoral observers are a good idea, and we aren't sure what you mean by the FSG being a separate Galapagos that should be left alone. It is one of the Galapagos that would be a more stable democracy that the coalition's as it is more popular than the coalition government, and so would be just as democratic without immediately facing rebellion upon becoming the official government of the Galapagos. How they build and run such a democracy is up to them.

Fred Edwards: “No. What is necessary here is more. How about Sealand and Marajarbia both write up a joint treaty?”

OOC: Telegram me.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:09 am

Fred Edwards: “No. What is necessary here is more. How about Sealand and Marajarbia both write up a joint treaty?”

OOC: Telegram me.

OOC: Ok, I will.
NS stats not canon.

The King Isle
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby The King Isle » Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:58 am

Marajarbia are a bunch of racists and fascists says the Kingmen Representative, the immigrants where sent to silence the natives voice, and you expect The Natives to not be angry? What is wrong with you Fred Edwards? Why do you support the murder of hundreds of Galapagosians simply fighting for their right to be free?

Janpia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 20, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Janpia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:22 am

Rep. Mavov: I would agree with the SM representative. The matters of security on Galapagos must be handled by the CDF. As for the GLA, I suggest that they must be disarmed, and turned into a legal political party instead. However, the CDF must not deny former GLA troops who didn't participated on war crimes. They must not also be deprived to rise on the ranks of the CDF. To avoid coalition bias here, the CDF must be pro-Galapagos. Meaning, the high ranks of it should be a Galapagosian citizen. They have the right to control military units, or sack military personnel that went against Galapagosian civilian or military law. And reiterating earlier, the CDF cannot declare the state of war, and must not have offensive capabilities against other nations. I would also add that the CDF must only operate within Galapagosian border, and any CDF troops, equipment, and such, must be siezed when spotted outside the border.

Long live the Janpian Union of Revolutionary States!

5th Era

Since NS TG doesnt work, you can chat me on discord: JanJP / boteymcboteface
HomeNewsGeneral InformationMilitaryMapsEmbassyStore

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:45 am

Janpia wrote:Rep. Mavov: I would agree with the SM representative. The matters of security on Galapagos must be handled by the CDF. As for the GLA, I suggest that they must be disarmed, and turned into a legal political party instead. However, the CDF must not deny former GLA troops who didn't participated on war crimes. They must not also be deprived to rise on the ranks of the CDF. To avoid coalition bias here, the CDF must be pro-Galapagos. Meaning, the high ranks of it should be a Galapagosian citizen. They have the right to control military units, or sack military personnel that went against Galapagosian civilian or military law. And reiterating earlier, the CDF cannot declare the state of war, and must not have offensive capabilities against other nations. I would also add that the CDF must only operate within Galapagosian border, and any CDF troops, equipment, and such, must be siezed when spotted outside the border.

Fred Edwards: “Exactly! This is exactly what my Government believes is good for the Galapagos and its future as a Tourist Paradise. The CDF itself is primarily made up of majority Galapagosians, and is a perfect choice.”

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:53 am

The King Isle wrote:

Marajarbia are a bunch of racists and fascists says the Kingmen Representative, the immigrants where sent to silence the natives voice, and you expect The Natives to not be angry? What is wrong with you Fred Edwards? Why do you support the murder of hundreds of Galapagosians simply fighting for their right to be free?

I have found some of SM's actions in the Galapagos to be acting against the Galapagos's interests, but to call the entire country 'a bunch of racists and fascists,' is contradictory and only ruins negotiations.

Janpia wrote:Rep. Mavov: I would agree with the SM representative. The matters of security on Galapagos must be handled by the CDF. As for the GLA, I suggest that they must be disarmed, and turned into a legal political party instead. However, the CDF must not deny former GLA troops who didn't participated on war crimes. They must not also be deprived to rise on the ranks of the CDF. To avoid coalition bias here, the CDF must be pro-Galapagos. Meaning, the high ranks of it should be a Galapagosian citizen. They have the right to control military units, or sack military personnel that went against Galapagosian civilian or military law. And reiterating earlier, the CDF cannot declare the state of war, and must not have offensive capabilities against other nations. I would also add that the CDF must only operate within Galapagosian border, and any CDF troops, equipment, and such, must be siezed when spotted outside the border.

This sounds like a good proposal. The proposal helps ensure that the CDF is seen as a pro-Galapagos force to pro-GLA citizens, the GLA doesn't have to disband or become a military force, and the CDF can't declare an offensive war, but they can fight a defensive war. I find this a good compromise for the dispute on what should be the Galapagos military.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats not canon.

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:35 am

Here is the finished joint treaty written by SM and Sealand. We hope that this is a fair compromise between the Coalition and the pro-GLA forces, and that this can accomplish peace in the Galapagos.

Treaty of Galapagos

Article 1: Any party can participate in local and national elections, regardless of political ideology.

Article 2: In the next 1-2 months, all Coalition forces as well as foreign aid for the GLA will leave the Galapagos.

Article 3: The Hard Labor Camps are to be abolished completely, and Galapagosian prisoners of war freed regardless if they are Pro-Coalition or Pro-GLA.

Article 4: Foreign immigrants are to be protected under law and encouraged to go back home should economic or political conditions worsen in the Galapagos. Immigrants can return, however once the situation has fully stabilized.

Article 5: All nations, whether neutral, pro-coalition, or pro-GLA can establish free trade with the Galapagos due to the status and existence of nationalized products and an economic bloc unless the Galapagos is heavily opposed to free trade with a specific nation, in which case restrictions can be made. Said country can negotiate an easing of trade restrictions with the Galapagos if they feel the need to.

Article 6: The FSG is to become the official government, with the GLA being a disarmed political party within it. Elections are to be held immediately after the signing of the treaty, with electoral observers ensuring a true democratic process and all parties having a shot at winning unless they campaign on no more democracy.

Article 7: The Coalition made Constitution remains the constitution of the Galapagos, but is subject to minor edits. This can include the additions of new articles and/or removal of articles. However, any edits made would require majority bipartisan support, and cannot violate the treaty

Article 8: War criminals from both sides will be put on trial, and said trial must be fair, with no bias against either side.

Article 9: The CDF will become the official Galapagos army, though they cannot declare war, and they cannot have offensive capabilities against foreign nations. The CDF is to be a defensive force, and so can only operate within the Galapagos border, and any CDF troops, equipment, and such, must be siezed when spotted outside the border.

Article 10: The CDF must not deny former GLA troops who didn't participated on war crimes. They must not also be deprived to rise on the ranks of the CDF. To prevent coalition bias in the military, the CDF must be pro-Galapagos, and the high ranks of it should be a Galapagosian citizen. They have the right to control military units, or sack military personnel that went against Galapagosian civilian or military law.

Article 11: The Provisional Council is to temporarily remain until its fate can be decided. If the treaty is violated somewhere in-between the start of the troop pullout and the democratic transition, the Provisional Council will remain as the temporary government and declare a state of emergency.
Last edited by The Territories of Sealand on Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
NS stats not canon.

Janpia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 20, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Janpia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:43 am

The Territories of Sealand wrote:Here is the finished joint treaty written by SM and Sealand. We hope that this is a fair compromise between the Coalition and the pro-GLA forces, and that this can accomplish peace in the Galapagos.

Treaty of Galapagos

Article 1: Any party can participate in local and national elections, regardless of political ideology.

Article 2: In the next 1-2 months, all Coalition forces as well as foreign aid for the GLA will leave the Galapagos.

Article 3: The Hard Labor Camps are to be abolished completely, and Galapagosian prisoners of war freed regardless if they are Pro-Coalition or Pro-GLA.

Article 4: Foreign immigrants are to be protected under law and encouraged to go back home should economic or political conditions worsen in the Galapagos. Immigrants can return, however once the situation has fully stabilized.

Article 5: All nations, whether neutral, pro-coalition, or pro-GLA can establish free trade with the Galapagos due to the status and existence of nationalized products and an economic bloc unless the Galapagos is heavily opposed to free trade with a specific nation, in which case restrictions can be made. Said country can negotiate an easing of trade restrictions with the Galapagos if they feel the need to.

Article 6: The FSG is to become the official government, with the GLA being a disarmed political party within it. Elections are to be held immediately after the signing of the treaty, with electoral observers ensuring a true democratic process and all parties having a shot at winning unless they campaign on no more democracy.

Article 7: The Coalition made Constitution remains the constitution of the Galapagos, but is subject to minor edits. This can include the additions of new articles and/or removal of articles. However, any edits made would require majority bipartisan support, and cannot violate the treaty

Article 8: War criminals from both sides will be put on trial, and said trial must be fair, with no bias against either side.

Article 9: The CDF will become the official Galapagos army, though they cannot declare war, and they cannot have offensive capabilities against foreign nations. The CDF is to be a defensive force, and so can only operate within the Galapagos border, and any CDF troops, equipment, and such, must be siezed when spotted outside the border.

Article 10: The CDF must not deny former GLA troops who didn't participated on war crimes. They must not also be deprived to rise on the ranks of the CDF. To prevent coalition bias in the military, the CDF must be pro-Galapagos, and the high ranks of it should be a Galapagosian citizen. They have the right to control military units, or sack military personnel that went against Galapagosian civilian or military law.

Article 11: The Provisional Council is to temporarily remain until its fate can be decided. If the treaty is violated somewhere in-between the start of the troop pullout and the democratic transition, the Provisional Council will remain as the temporary government and declare a state of emergency.

Rep. Mavov: As the representative of the Revolutionary States, and the Party, we agree, and supported this treaty.

Long live the Janpian Union of Revolutionary States!

5th Era

Since NS TG doesnt work, you can chat me on discord: JanJP / boteymcboteface
HomeNewsGeneral InformationMilitaryMapsEmbassyStore

The Military State of the Galapagos
Minister

Founded: Jan 19, 2021
Left-Leaning College State

Postby The Military State of the Galapagos » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:51 am

The Territories of Sealand wrote:Here is the finished joint treaty written by SM and Sealand. We hope that this is a fair compromise between the Coalition and the pro-GLA forces, and that this can accomplish peace in the Galapagos.

Treaty of Galapagos

I believe we have made our demands fairly clear, the Galapagos must have a military not the puppet military of the coalition, the constitution is undemocratic and must be abandoned, and the provisional government is to be at least dissolved immediately if not the members tried for war crimes.
Founder of the KTO
Destroyer of the GCN

Southeast Marajarbia
Post Marshal

Moralistic Democracy

Postby Southeast Marajarbia » Sun Jan 09, 2022 8:58 am

Treaty of Galapagos

Fred Edwards: “The Marajarbian Government, of course, agrees completely with the entirety of the treaty. This is one of the best methods to secure a full peace in the region, stabilize the Galapagos, prevent authoritarian regimes from gaining control, and ensuring that the tourist paradise remains a tourist paradise.”

Zarnicovia nova
Postmaster-General

Founded: Jun 03, 2020
Democratic Socialists

Postby Zarnicovia nova » Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:05 am

The Military State of the Galapagos wrote:

Treaty of Galapagos

I believe we have made our demands fairly clear, the Galapagos must have a military not the puppet military of the coalition, the constitution is undemocratic and must be abandoned, and the provisional government is to be at least dissolved immediately if not the members tried for war crimes.

"I would rather a inspector enforced limitation on the military and I agree fully with the constition statment but the provisional government remaining we fully support."
The Abrahamic Republic of Zarnicovia Nova

Free Palestine!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents