NATION

PASSWORD

The Swinging Thirties (invite only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Founded: May 14, 2021
Capitalist Paradise

The Swinging Thirties (invite only)

Postby Independent South Africa » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:15 am

6:00 pm
December 11 ,2029

as the Nation is still paralyzed from the attack that happened almost 24 hours ago , South Africa is doubting whether that Prime Minister Dick Cheney might lead South Africa into a new golden age or not , however polls show that he has a 90% approval rate and many people want him to win a first term in the upcoming elections against Charlton Heston of the Jamesian First Party as a tribute to Prime Minister Ian Smith , one of the slain victims of the 2029 DominionVision Shooting

One thing is certain , the Fabulous Twenties and Camelot are gone , the Swinging Thrities and the Cheney Era is here to stay
OOC: Only South Africa (and Alts ) and TJR (and Alts) can post

EDIT : Anyone invited by me can join
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Fri Dec 17, 2021 2:23 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Former Alt Account of the United Australasian Commonwealth

All Jamesian Ethnic groups belong to Jamesia

Alternate version of South Africa in which Apartheid ended in 1962 , hope that clears any misunderstanding before judging me about my flag unless thread says so
I am Not a Racist , I just like the Flag Design of the 1928 to 1994 Flag

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Founded: Apr 28, 2020
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:25 am

It is 2029 and The Jamesian Republic and Gaia has come a long way. Philip Miller is the 39th president serving his second and final term. Puerto Marte The J.R. Saint Islands Bula Nautilus Islands and Jamesian Tamoa have become states of the republic. Gaia also made contact with extraterrestrials in their own universe. Starting next year they will come to Gaia after vaccines were developed to fight extraterrestrial diseases for human use. Robots are demanding their emancipation and their equity. Fossil fuels and other polluting fuels and energy sources are becoming obsolete with the creation of the Universal Drive. A clean and infinitely renewable energy and fuel source. The 2030s are shaping to become a turning port in Gaia’s history.
Happy May Day! (Yes this is the SocDem flag. No I do not care).
My Political Beliefs: The Jamesianist Manifesto
General Theme
Special Theme

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:32 am

December 21, 2029 :

a radio song , called High Hopes is played on the radio initially as a campaign song but it becomes a hit across South Africa as way to heal the soothe the Shocked Nation still reeling from the Massacre

Everyone is voting for Dick
Cause he's got what all the rest lack
Everyone wants to back -- Dick
Dick is on the right track.
'Cause he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes

Twenty Thirty's the year for his high hopes.
Come on and vote for Cheney
Vote for Cheney
And we'll come out on top!
Oops, there goes the opposition - ker -
Oops, there goes the opposition - ker -
Oops, there goes the opposition - KERPLOP!

C-H-E-N-E-Y

Rick's the nation's favorite guy
Everyone wants to back -- Dick
Dick is on the right track.
'Cause he's got high hopes
He's got high hopes

Twenty Thirty's the year for his high hopes.
Come on and vote for Cheney
Vote for Cheney
Keep South Africa strong.
Cheney, he just keeps rollin' - a -
Cheney, he just keeps rollin' - a -
Cheney, he just keeps rollin' along

tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lHRTCVwSKMs

Across South Africa , Anti American and Anti Soviet Propaganda is put up by the South African Government like the more famous Down with America Poster in Johannesburg to remind people about who the preparators of the DominionVision massacre are
The American Embassy and the Soviet Embassy is seized by the South African Government in Pretoria and is given to the The Jamesians and the Seniats
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:11 am, edited 5 times in total.

Alternate version of South Africa in which Apartheid ended in 1962 , hope that clears any misunderstanding before judging me about my flag unless thread says so

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Tue Dec 14, 2021 11:50 am

The Jamesian Republic wrote:It is 2029 and The Jamesian Republic and Gaia has come a long way. Philip Miller is the 39th president serving his second and final term. Puerto Marte The J.R. Saint Islands Bula Nautilus Islands and Jamesian Tamoa have become states of the republic. Gaia also made contact with extraterrestrials in their own universe. Starting next year they will come to Gaia after vaccines were developed to fight extraterrestrial diseases for human use. Robots are demanding their emancipation and their equity. Fossil fuels and other polluting fuels and energy sources are becoming obsolete with the creation of the Universal Drive. A clean and infinitely renewable energy and fuel source. The 2030s are shaping to become a turning port in Gaia’s history.

January 15th , 2030

a new singer Bob Dylan arrives in the South African Music scene , however his songs are more folk in contrast to the more popular Rock and Roll songs that are mainstream

His Song , Apple Bottom Jeans becomes popular to the Joketsuzkou Underground and the growing counterculture movement of South Africa and Bok in General

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3jocfTx8lD8

a controversial program , the White and Chinese Amazon Minstrel Show that has been airing in the United Australasian Commonwealth and been doing tours in neighboring Rhodesia , and in other universes such as the Fleurian Nations like Lushansk has been a target of scrutiny by Joketsuzkou Civil Rights leaders as it claims the actors don yellowface and sing Minstrel songs banned by the United States due to the Hate Crimes Act of 1964 . This Program has also been criticized by Jamesian South Africans because most of the "Jamesians" shown in the program are depicted as rednecks

in Sarawak , the Rajah Robert Brooke is overthrown in a Communist Revolution headed by Rajah Muda Harold Brooke , the Communist Government is only recognized by Artsakh , the United States , Great Britian , Alania Republic of North Ossetia , South Africa , Jamesian Chechenya , Taiwan , and the Soviet Union

James Hahn the Democrat nominee for the Mayoral election of Los Angeles wins defeating incumbent Juan Garcia of the National Party
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Tue Dec 14, 2021 12:53 pm

OOC: Current Approval Polls for the 2030 Election

Dick Cheney/Nosimo Balindlela (Republican Party ) 90%

Elspeth De Bruyn/Alan Winde ( National Party of South Africa) 23%

John Steenhuisen /Winston Rabotapi (Democratic Alliance) 56%

Xian Pu /Lee Hsien Loong (Institutional Revolutionary Party) 21%
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:30 pm

February 23 , 2030
SART NEWS:

DominionVision Updates:
the Funeral of Ian Smith is held with a record number of people mourning in London

Prime Minister Dick Cheney delivers an Eulogy

After the Eulogy , a gun salute is held and Smith's caskets is laid next to Tendo's grave

In Washington D.C. the Presidential Band plays the two anthems of South Africa Die Stem Van Suid Afrika and Nkosi Sikelel' iAfrika to a cheering group of South Africans

Other News:
DominionVision to be canceled indefinitely

RTE wins the right to broadcast the 2033 Southern Hemisphere Games

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Tue Dec 14, 2021 2:34 pm

Meanwhile on Gaia the first green skinned humanoid extra terrestrials from the planet Ares arrive as tourists. As such the first humans from Gaia go to Ares.
General Theme
Special Theme

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Tue Dec 14, 2021 3:17 pm

The Jamesian Republic wrote:Meanwhile on Gaia the first green skinned humanoid extra terrestrials from the planet Ares arrive as tourists. As such the first humans from Gaia go to Ares.

March 21 , 2030

SART News Online:
Prime Minister Dick Cheney announces a State Visit to The Jamesian Republic the First time in the many state visits Cheney will do during his administration

Last Victim of the DominionVision Shooting dies in Paul Kruger Hospital

2033 Southern Hemisphere Games Shooting plot foiled , Richard Diaz and Clint Eastwood Arrested'

In an attempt to appeal to younger voters , Charlton Heston partners up with the Shangri-Las (another counterculture band)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Ge8_6rtQvs

Robert Williams : However even if the Aesthetics will remain 1950s , and the values remain modern , the Growing Counterculture is hard to ignore as the Beatmywifeles bring their hit song from the UK here to South Africa with their hit song , Do Wah Diddy Dum
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wrOUTtJmP_E

OOC: Since the Beatmywifeles are a vulgar group , they will be singing the 2 Live Crew version
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 5 times in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Tue Dec 14, 2021 5:39 pm

March 21 , 2030

Due to the Changing Times , Shock Jocks like Robert Wilson are becoming popular with controversial songs like Akane Tendos Head being played due to the increasing discomfort of Jokesuzkou Civil Rights Protesters

At one point during the Republican National Convention in Bloemfontein , several Jokesuzkou Civil Rights Protestors burn pictures of Dick Cheney , Julius Malema , Cyril Ramaphosa , Elspeth De Bruyn , John Steenhusien , and Xian Pu herself because they believe she has sold herself out to the Government

Things calmed down when Prime Minister Dick Cheney said via Zoom that he will grant the Jokesuzkou Civil Rights
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Tue Dec 14, 2021 6:50 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:48 am

May 21 , 2030

a Commune started by Hippies was raided by Members of the Black Nationalist Economic Freedom Fighters , much to the delight of the Conservative Groups , the South African Goverment tried to extradite the Hippies but the United States turned the offer down and demanded that South Africa Release Them

the Beatmywifeles meanwhile release another sequel to Bomb Iran , Bomb' Lushansk after an ethnic Lushanskian named Pierre Chéron murdered 300 people

Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Lushansk
Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb
Bomb Lushansk
Let's take a stand
Bomb Lushansk
Our country's got a feelin'
Really hit the ceilin', bomb Lushansk
Bomb, bomb, bomb, bomb Lushansk

Went to a church , gonna burn it to the ground
Tell Jean Chretien , "Gonna put you in a box!"
Bomb Lushansk . Bomb, bomb, bomb

Bomb Lushansk

Ol' Paul Kruger's gettin' pretty hot
Time to turn Lushansk into a parking lot
Bomb Lushansk

Call the volunteers; call the bombadiers;
Call the financiers; better get their *** in gear
Bomb Lushansk
(Let's nuke 'em! Whoo!)

tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vPRonG87eKw

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:54 am

The first Aresian tourists are welcomed on Gaia. On Ares the Gaian tourists are welcomed on Ares.
General Theme
Special Theme

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 7:55 am

The Jamesian Republic wrote:The first Aresian tourists are welcomed on Gaia. On Ares the Gaian tourists are welcomed on Ares.

June 23 , 2030
Prime Minister Cheney calls the International Assembly declaring to reaffirm South Africa's membership

SART ONLINE:
15-year-old Mark Maples dies after falling out of the Matterhorn Bobsleds becoming the first fatality in Disneyland's history

President Clifford Smith of Rhodesia overthrown , General Jelle Zijlstra takes over

Mark Milley arrested by FBI for Treason against the USA

Polls Shows that Hippies should be discriminated against

Elvis Rerecords Blue Suede Shoes for its 400 year anniversary
https://youtu.be/5Jd9AmepgdM?t=14
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:53 am

Salisbury ,Rhodesia
September 23 , 2030

Robert Williams : so far , this year feels like a continuation of the Camelot Era however Prime Minister Ian Smith is dead and Prime Minister Dick Cheney is here
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Dec 15, 2021 8:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:09 am

a new campaign song for Cheney's First Full Term ( Prime Minister Cheney is serving Smith's Remaining Term after Smith was confirmed to be one of the people killed in the DominionVision Shooting)

Hello Cheney ,
Well, hello, Cheney
We'd be proud to have you back where you belong
You're lookin' swell, Cheney,
We can tell, Cheney ,
You're still glowin', you're still crowin',
You're still going strong.

We hear the band playing
And the folks saying,
So flash that smile, Cheney,
Show us that winning style, Cheney
Promise you'll stay with us in Twenty Thirty

We hear the band playing
And the folks saying
"Let's all rally 'round the one who knows the score!"
So, be our guide, Cheney
Lynne at your side, Cheney,
Promise you'll stay with us in Twenty Thirty!

Hello Cheney ,
Well, hello, Cheney
We'd be proud to have you back where you belong
You're lookin' swell, Cheney,
We can tell, Cheney ,
You're still glowin', you're still crowin',
You're still going strong.

tune : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSiv2IGr4i0

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:26 am

Ramaphosa , Ramaphosa, Ramaphosa , Ramaphosa,
Ramaphosa, Ramaphosa, Ramaphosa for me

Do you want a man for Prime Minister
who's seasoned through and through?
But not so doggoned seasoned
that he won't try something new?
A man who's old enough to know
And young enough to do?

Well, it's up to you, it's up to you
It's strictly up to you.

But it's Ramaphosa Ramaphosa
Ramaphosa Ramaphosa Ramaphosa for me

Do you want a man with spirit
Who is not afraid to fight?
A man whose record shows
That he will fight for what is right?
A loyal man who brings the job
A fresh new point of view?

Well, it's up to you, it's up to you,
It's strictly up to you.

Cause it's Ramaphosa Ramaphosa Ramaphosa Ramaphosa
Ramaphosa for me

And do you deny to any man
The right he's guaranteed
To be elected president
No matter what his race
It's promised in the Human Rights Act
To which we must be true

So it's up to you, it's up to you
It's strictly up to you

And it's Ramaphosa , Ramaphosa ,Ramaphosa ,Ramaphosa
Ramaphosa for me

Do you like a man who answers straight?
A man who's always fair?
We'll measure him against the others
And when you compare
You'll cast your vote for Ramaphosa
And the change that's overdue

So it's up to you, it's up to you
It's strictly up to you

Yes, it's Ramaphosa Ramaphosa Ramaphosa
Ramaphosa for me

tune: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7DoUiNxh6_0

As a response to the Favorable Polls that show Prime Minister Cheney is likely to win ( due to growing nostalgia for Camelot during this month after a period of Tragic Self Doubt) the Ramaphosa Campaign decided to release its own song

[Intro]
Elspeth for Prime Minister

[Chorus]
You like Elspeth, I like Elspeth everybody likes Elspeth (for Prime Minister)
Hang out the banner and beat the drum
We'll take Elspeth to Pretoria

[Verse 1]
We don't want Cyril or Pieter or Dick
Let's do that big job right
Let's get in step with the gal thats hep
Get in step with Elspeth

[Chorus]
You like Elspeth, I like Elspeth , everybody likes Elspeth (for Prime Minister)

[Verse 2]
We've got to get where we are going
Travel day and night (for Prime Minister )
Let Charlton go the other way
We'll all go with Elspeth (for Prime Minister)

You like Elspeth , I like Elspeth, everybody likes Elspeth (for Prime Minister)
We'll take Elspeth to Pretoria (Elspeth for Prime Minister , Elspeth for Prime Minister , Elspeth for Prime Minister, Elspeth for Prime Minister...)

[Outro, spoken]
Now is the time for all good South Africans to come to the aid of their country
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Sat Jun 25, 2022 10:48 pm, edited 3 times in total.

The Jamesian Republic
Postmaster-General

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby The Jamesian Republic » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:30 am

Independent South Africa wrote:
The Jamesian Republic wrote:The first Aresian tourists are welcomed on Gaia. On Ares the Gaian tourists are welcomed on Ares.

June 23 , 2030
Prime Minister Cheney calls the International Assembly declaring to reaffirm South Africa's membership

SART ONLINE:
15-year-old Mark Maples dies after falling out of the Matterhorn Bobsleds becoming the first fatality in Disneyland's history

President Clifford Smith of Rhodesia overthrown , General Jelle Zijlstra takes over

South Africa is reaffirmed as an International Assembly member.
General Theme
Special Theme

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 9:36 am

The Jamesian Republic wrote:
Independent South Africa wrote:June 23 , 2030

SART ONLINE:

South Africa is reaffirmed as an International Assembly member.

The First New Official appointed by Prime Minister Cheney is Victor Marijnen , the South African International Assembly rep

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 10:14 am

October 12 , 2030

Robert Williams : a Group of Hippies storm the Lushanskian Embassy in Pretoria and hold 300 Lushanskians , 45 Yugoslavs , 34 , Namibians , 20 Australasians , and 2 Soviet KGB spies Inside

Reza Pahlavi, Crown Prince of Iran is believed by the South African Goverment to be part of the operation however Charles Manson , the Leader of the Manson Family claims responsibility

Rock and Roll have been becoming more popular due to Lou Monte and Pat Boone

So Far the Cheney Era has for the most part is the same as the Camelot Era
Music : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKjbbXCJzhc

OOC: in 2037 , it will go full on psychedelic and hippies will become popular , however unlike the real life hippies , they wont be able to change the fashion of the decade due to most people still wanting to dress like the 1950s (even the mid and late 1960s , 1970s , 1980s , 1990s , 2000s , and 2010s have been dressing like the 1950s for a while however sukebans , punk and metalheads exist)

Also The "cultural decade" of the 2030s is more loosely defined than the actual decade. It begins around 2029 - 2037 with the 2029 DominionVision Shootings , the Beach Boys arrival in South Africa and their meeting with Bob Dylan, and will probably end around 2039 or 2045
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Jan 12, 2022 1:13 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

2030 Elections

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:30 am

November 4 , 2030

Robert Williams : Good Evening South Africa , this is the live coverage of the 2030 South African Election . As you can see here , many of the Candidates have pledged to make South Africa a republic by May 31 2031

Right Now Dick Cheney is leading over Elspeth De Bruyn by 56% points

Cyril Ramaphosa and Charlton Heston have received 23% points

hours later

Robert Williams : We Just got word that Dick Cheney has been elected for a full term , you may want to know , he was just serving the remainder of Ian Smiths Term after his death at the hands of CIA agents during the 2029 DominionVision Shooting
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 11:48 am

Robert Williams : Now that Cheney has won , RTE has given the survivors of the DominionVision Shootings and the families of the victims a heartfelt tribute
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PjgqQcKE3DY

This caused a firestorm on Twitter with Susan Doherty calling Williams a Sick Hippie for playing Pistol Packin Mama with gunshots at the wrong time

Tiny Tim walks in

And Now Everyone's most hated Hippie , Tiny Tim Himself

Tiny Tim begins to play Tiptoe through the tulips
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zfLU3Mv_O9w

OOC: Robert Williams is what happens if you combine Dan Rather with Howard Stern and Johnny Carson
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:17 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:25 pm

December 10 , 2030

A Memorial to the DominionVision Victims is unveiled in Johannesburg with a moment of silence to the victims and a prayer made by Benny Hinn with All Flags lowered at half staff
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Capitalist Paradise

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:52 pm

OOC:

> Dick Cheney
> President of South Africa

:rofl:

{ OOC: Thank you for making my day. }
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:56 pm

TURTLESHROOM II wrote:OOC:

> Dick Cheney
> President of South Africa

:rofl:

{ OOC: Thank you for making my day. }

OOC: I had to , This is set in an alternate Universe where Several Bush Officials were South Africans

THis Cursed Image is the universe in a nutshell :rofl:
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Dec 15, 2021 12:58 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 1:27 pm

January 20 , 2031
Dick Cheney is Inaugurated as the Prime Minister Of South Africa for a full term , attending the ceremonies is King Charles III of South Africa and his other Realms (Canada , New Zealand , Australia , the Philippines)
At the 2031 Cape Town Motor Show , the 2032 Valiant Sedan Mark 2 makes its debut , with a complete redesign from other models of the Valiant
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Sep 14, 2022 9:14 am, edited 5 times in total.

Independent South Africa
Diplomat

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Independent South Africa » Wed Dec 15, 2021 3:33 pm

February 21 , 2031
What the Man Looks Like

A man claiming to be the twin brother of Jim Jones pleads Charles Manson to release the Lushanskian Embassy Hostages that have been held by the Manson Family since October 12 , 2030 . The Man who is identified as Robert Jones then called the International Assembly about the Hostage Situation in the Lushanskian Embassy and pleaded with IA rep Victor Marijnen to call a I.A. counterterrorism operation to release the hostages

the Final Model Year to feature Fins on the car , the 2032 Chevrolet Protea debuted at a press showing
Last edited by Independent South Africa on Wed Dec 15, 2021 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents