NATION

PASSWORD

Northumbrian invasion of Denmark IC/MT/OPEN

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
-Danmark-
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Northumbrian invasion of Denmark IC/MT/OPEN

Postby -Danmark- » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:51 am

Mette Frederiksen, the youngest prime minister in Danish history, was greatly disturbed. She had just received an intelligence briefing from the Danish intelligence services that newly-independent Nationalist Northumbria was planning an invasion of the country. Foreign minister Jeppe Kofod insisted that it was very unlikely that Northumbria would invade. "As we all know, Northumbria has never successfully invaded Denmark. Why would they start now? There is simply no evidence that there is even the slightest possibility," he had said.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:54 am

Meanwhile in Northumbria, it was a pleasant day at the president's official residence of Bamburgh Castle. Outside, the sun was shining. But inside, President Alvin Ashleigh was plotting for war with Denmark. Northumbria's top generals were gathered around the war table, discussing and planning strategies for the invasion, when Ashleigh arrived in the room and joined them at the table as they rose and saluted to note his presence.

Ashleigh saluted back. "Gentlemen, we have decided that we can plan no longer. The invasion of Denmark must begin immediately. Our inspectors have searched the museums of Denmark, and they have found weapons of mass destruction: longships. In the event of a planned attack on Northumbria, some of these longships would be ready within 45 minutes of an order to use them. This is an imminent threat," said the president. "Map, please," he gestured to an aide. The aide rolled out a map. "This is the general strategy we have decided," Ashleigh said.

"We will first attack the Oksbøl firing range and training area, quickly moving to secure Esbjerg. The Danes will not be expecting this. Meanwhile, an airstrike will destroy the bridge at Hvide Sande, allowing for an attack into the Ringkobing Fjord, where we will secure the Stauning airfield. We will also land on the beaches further up the coast. Finally, we will land at Hanstholm and Hirsthals in North Jutland."

"We cannot, however, simply think that this will be an easy war. Denmark will not surrender to us without a fight. We are, after all, not Nazi Germany."
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:02 am

"Throughout Northumbria, crowds have been storming shops and destroying LEGO sets on the shelves," the news anchor on Tyne Tees Television's one o'clock news bulletin said to footage of Fenwick's toy department being invaded by angry Northumbrians. "And children, in a patriotic act of defiance against their homeland's historic enemy, took it upon themselves to destroy the LEGO in their possession," she said to footage of children throwing LEGO into the River Wear. "We've asked the public on the street their thoughts," she said, as the studio cut away to Northumberland Street in Newcastle.

"Well, it's just no good, is it? All these LEGO bricks are corrupting the mind of innocent Northumbrian youths and, especially near Christmas, draining the wallets of their innocent parents. I mean, really? £500 for a load of plastic? You're having a laugh. Maybe that bloody Greta Thunberg should have a word with her fellow Scandinavians before she lectures hard-working Northumbrians," wisely remarked one member of the public, before the feed cut back to the studio.

"And now, for the weather..."
Republic of Northumbria

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,

South Olpen
Senator

Founded: Jan 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Fri Nov 19, 2021 11:21 am

Olpenese Foreign Minister Bugle, his wife being a dane, is deeply distressed by the invasion. The Foreign Minister alerts Chamber Minister Pro Tempore Gray who then petitions the Senate to declare war on NN in defence of Denmark. It is approved and it is signed by the Chamber Minister remotely.

Facility X develops War Plan Lego and begins preparation to execute it. It is clear as day there will be an attack at any moment, so the War Minister offers to place heavily armored troops and drones to defend rightful Danish land.
Last edited by South Olpen on Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Scezonian Telegram Dep. of Defense Announces Anti-Ballistic Missile Research | Election 2028; Opinions of Candidates | War Between Galapagos and Aursi... Again

Male (he/him), American, liberal, represents a slightly exaggerated version of my views, we want mod transparency, greatest wishes to Greatest States of America.

The Blaatschapen wrote:They could serve as a distraction.

Of course, in modern combat, that's what the French are for.

American Legionaries wrote:Baseball fans are liars, bitching about politics is the real American pass time.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Fri Nov 19, 2021 12:30 pm

South Olpen wrote:Olpenese Foreign Minister Bugle, his wife being a dane, is deeply distressed by the invasion. The Foreign Minister alerts Chamber Minister Pro Tempore Gray who then petitions the Senate to declare war on NN in defence of Denmark. It is approved and it is signed by the Chamber Minister remotely.

Facility X develops War Plan Lego and begins preparation to execute it. First they offer the Northumbrians piece in exchange for Northumbrian surrender. Even without an answer, they begin pushing back Northumbrian advances in Denmark. Forced to get a formal direction from Denmark, thousands of war machines wait in the ocean.

If you had read the thread before posting, you would have discovered that the invasion has not started yet. So your post is null and void.
Republic of Northumbria

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:43 pm

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
South Olpen wrote:Olpenese Foreign Minister Bugle, his wife being a dane, is deeply distressed by the invasion. The Foreign Minister alerts Chamber Minister Pro Tempore Gray who then petitions the Senate to declare war on NN in defence of Denmark. It is approved and it is signed by the Chamber Minister remotely.

Facility X develops War Plan Lego and begins preparation to execute it. First they offer the Northumbrians piece in exchange for Northumbrian surrender. Even without an answer, they begin pushing back Northumbrian advances in Denmark. Forced to get a formal direction from Denmark, thousands of war machines wait in the ocean.

If you had read the thread before posting, you would have discovered that the invasion has not started yet. So your post is null and void.

OOC: There, I fixed it. It is now identified and authorized.
The Scezonian Telegram Dep. of Defense Announces Anti-Ballistic Missile Research | Election 2028; Opinions of Candidates | War Between Galapagos and Aursi... Again

Male (he/him), American, liberal, represents a slightly exaggerated version of my views, we want mod transparency, greatest wishes to Greatest States of America.

American Legionaries wrote:Baseball fans are liars, bitching about politics is the real American pass time.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:47 pm

South Olpen wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:If you had read the thread before posting, you would have discovered that the invasion has not started yet. So your post is null and void.

OOC: There, I fixed it. It is now identified and authorized.

See, but you've already made clear your unwillingness to RP with me, so I'll do for you what you didn't for yourself: remove you from this thread. You are not welcome in this RP and you are banned from posting in this thread.
Last edited by Nationalist Northumbria on Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Northumbria

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:50 pm

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
South Olpen wrote:OOC: There, I fixed it. It is now identified and authorized.

See, but you've already made clear your unwillingness to RP with me, so I'll do for you what you didn't for yourself: remove you from this thread. You are not welcome in this RP and you are banned from posting in this thread.

OOC: While that is true about my dislike of your RP style, this is being motivated by that spite and the fact you’re fascist. I’ll be civil, but as you're not OP, and as far as I know you’ve not be Co-Op’d, I will not follow your ban. If OP bans me, I'm out, but your her/him.

-Danmark-
Political Columnist

Founded: Nov 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby -Danmark- » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:53 pm

South Olpen wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:See, but you've already made clear your unwillingness to RP with me, so I'll do for you what you didn't for yourself: remove you from this thread. You are not welcome in this RP and you are banned from posting in this thread.

OOC: While that is true about my dislike of your RP style, this is being motivated by that spite and the fact you’re fascist. I’ll be civil, but as you're not OP, and as far as I know you’ve not be Co-Op’d, I will not follow your ban. If OP bans me, I'm out, but your her/him.

Right. You are not welcome in this RP and you are banned from posting in this thread.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:53 pm

-Danmark- wrote:
South Olpen wrote:OOC: While that is true about my dislike of your RP style, this is being motivated by that spite and the fact you’re fascist. I’ll be civil, but as you're not OP, and as far as I know you’ve not be Co-Op’d, I will not follow your ban. If OP bans me, I'm out, but your her/him.

Right. You are not welcome in this RP and you are banned from posting in this thread.

OOC: Very well. Farewell and best wishes.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Fri Nov 19, 2021 2:58 pm

South Olpen wrote:
-Danmark- wrote:Right. You are not welcome in this RP and you are banned from posting in this thread.

OOC: Very well. Farewell and best wishes.

Does 'banned from posting in this thread' mean 'reply' to you? Don't bother replying to this btw. If you dislike me so much, do yourself a favour and don't get involved in threads explicitly stated to involve me.

South Olpen wrote:the fact you’re fascist

You know literally nothing about me.
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Nov 20, 2021 5:34 am

As the landing craft set out, the Danish coastline came into view of the Northumbrian pilots piloting the planes. Having faced no resistance from the Royal Danish Air Force, they performed a quick fly-past over Hvide Sande, waking many sleeping Danes wondering what the noise was. Following this, they bombed the bridge. Due to it being the middle of the night and the honourable Northumbrians trying to avoid collateral damage despite being sure the Danes would not extend the same courtesy, there were no casualties. Ten minutes later, Northumbrian speedboats rushed through the ruins of the bridge on their way to land near the airfield.

Meanwhile, at the Oksbøl firing range and training area, some Danish soldiers were training when they saw the Northumbrians land on the beach. They quickly fled to warn their superiors of what was going on, while the Northumbrians took over the area and prepared to set out for Esbjerg following a break for stotties from the Greggs attached to their unit. At the ports of Hanstholm and Hirsthals in North Jutland, Northumbrian soldiers were already landing...
Republic of Northumbria

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents