NATION

PASSWORD

Olpenese Pirate War | MT/PMT | IC

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
South Olpen
Senator

Founded: Jan 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Olpenese Pirate War | MT/PMT | IC

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:49 pm

The Slaver Pirate Ship of Vaas has crossed a superpower. In the aftermath of the occupation of the Galapagos, Vaas in their quest to rid the world of communism placed a bounty on 2 famed dead Olpenese politicians. Approximately 2 hours later, South Olpen was at war. The nation sweater vengeance on those pirate bastards who would tread on the grave of the heroes of politics. The MoC has this to say;
The Unified People's Republic of South Olpen officially declares war on the terrorist group of Vaas. We cite their desecration of the memories of the late Senator Bill Graham and Chamber Minister Sorit. We also cite their disrespect of the nation, there support of a terrorist group, and supporting the destabilization of our great nation as well as the Galapagos. To the GA, do not worry about the aftermath of the war. There will be no remaining location to occupy.

OOC: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=511232
Last edited by South Olpen on Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
The Scezonian Telegram Dep. of Defense Announces Anti-Ballistic Missile Research | Election 2028; Opinions of Candidates | War Between Galapagos and Aursi... Again

Male (he/him), American, liberal, represents a slightly exaggerated version of my views, we want mod transparency, greatest wishes to Greatest States of America.

The Blaatschapen wrote:They could serve as a distraction.

Of course, in modern combat, that's what the French are for.

American Legionaries wrote:Baseball fans are liars, bitching about politics is the real American pass time.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 4:59 pm

South Olpen has decided to take the decisive first strike about 19 hours after the declaration of war. Luckily, the military was still on edge from the Galapagos Uprising. 15 War Machine drones are sent to wreak havoc on Castries. Their mission is to abduct Vaas and bring him to CS to stand trial for 2 counts of Intent to Kidnap, 2 counts of Conspiracy to Kidnap, and 2 counts of Defemation under Article 9 stating that the deads name should be used respectfully. 15 cruise missiles are launched at Vaas’s naval assets. Submarines and ships patrol any possible landing grounds while mine sweepers are active 24/7 around cities and ports. Ships are blockading and attacking the homeland of Vaas while the government is offering absolute and unconditional surrender to Vaas.
The Scezonian Telegram Dep. of Defense Announces Anti-Ballistic Missile Research | Election 2028; Opinions of Candidates | War Between Galapagos and Aursi... Again

Male (he/him), American, liberal, represents a slightly exaggerated version of my views, we want mod transparency, greatest wishes to Greatest States of America.

American Legionaries wrote:Baseball fans are liars, bitching about politics is the real American pass time.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 30, 2020
Compulsory Consumerist State

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:47 pm

The Rouge Nation of Vaas Pirates has begun withdrawing all military assets to the island. Piracy operations in the Caribbean have been suspended for the time being. Vaas has instituted emergency protocols for the military, as it hastily erects defenses across the island. Slaves owned by the Pirate State are sent to assist in the building of fortifications. Communications are sent out to criminal organizations across Latin America informing them of the current situation and the Pirate State's desire to defend the island for the sake of maintaining its position as a trafficking hub for guns, drugs, and slaves. It is likely that several criminal organizations will respond by pledging a portion of their men to defending the island. The CIA has communicated its intention of getting involved one way or another.

Overall View of Military Forces at Play:

20,000 pirates of varying levels of training and experience
13,000 traffickers with little military training or experience
30,000 employees of various businesses on the island who have combat experience (mainly due to the fact these businesses violently fight each other for market dominance)
2,000 bomb-vested slaves whom will be rescued by Olpenese forces

7,000 Transport Vehicles (Unarmed, Unarmored)
5,000 Vehicles With Machine Gun Armaments
500 APCs
500 IFVs
30 Light Tanks

There are naval and air assets, but they will not be put into service.

All infantry forces are equipped with a wide variety of weapons dating between the 1920s-1970s. Body armor is ubiquitous for the pirates. Land mines and similar assets are moderately numerous and will be used wherever possible to impede all attempts at a coastal invasion. Traps, such as spike pits, will also be used to impede Olpenese forces from landing on the island.

Vaas will remain in the basement of his compound outside of Castries for the time being. The compound will be guarded by 2,000 veteran pirates.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:57 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:The Rouge Nation of Vaas Pirates has begun withdrawing all military assets to the island. Piracy operations in the Caribbean have been suspended for the time being. Vaas has instituted emergency protocols for the military, as it hastily erects defenses across the island. Slaves owned by the Pirate State are sent to assist in the building of fortifications. Communications are sent out to criminal organizations across Latin America informing them of the current situation and the Pirate State's desire to defend the island for the sake of maintaining its position as a trafficking hub for guns, drugs, and slaves. It is likely that several criminal organizations will respond by pledging a portion of their men to defending the island. The CIA has communicated its intention of getting involved one way or another.

Overall View of Military Forces at Play:

20,000 pirates of varying levels of training and experience
13,000 traffickers with little military training or experience
30,000 employees of various businesses on the island who have combat experience (mainly due to the fact these businesses violently fight each other for market dominance)
2,000 bomb-vested slaves whom will be rescued by Olpenese forces

7,000 Transport Vehicles (Unarmed, Unarmored)
5,000 Vehicles With Machine Gun Armaments
500 APCs
500 IFVs
30 Light Tanks

There are naval and air assets, but they will not be put into service.

All infantry forces are equipped with a wide variety of weapons dating between the 1920s-1970s. Body armor is ubiquitous for the pirates. Land mines and similar assets are moderately numerous and will be used wherever possible to impede all attempts at a coastal invasion. Traps, such as spike pits, will also be used to impede Olpenese forces from landing on the island.

Vaas will remain in the basement of his compound outside of Castries for the time being. The compound will be guarded by 2,000 veteran pirates.

OOC: You can't really say the CIA supports it. Their’s a canon US in the form of the Greatest States of America. Anyhow, I suppose ORBAT limits don't apply as you're defending. Anyhow,
IC: The War Machine drones are put into play. These drones are flying wonders of weaponry that can communicate via an advanced military AI program. Each drone has 5 anti-tank missiles, and approximately 13 automatic weapons, as well as an assortment of comic weapons, radio jammers, and bombs. Most are made of near-indestructible borophene. They automatically self-destruct from the inside when fighting capabilities are impeded to a point of uselessness. The drones are instructed to fly around the island and use anti-tank missiles on mass amounts of foes or weapons on high command.
SIC: Mines are being laid across the island by deep cover submarines, ready for their simultaneous detonation.

Hantuonia
Envoy

Founded: Sep 26, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Hantuonia » Mon Oct 18, 2021 5:57 pm

2 Lone Frigates Would Sit Alone Off The Coast of The Pirate Nation.
They sat silently, waiting for the first strike by Vaas, troops waited for an aerial assault, light helicopters waiting to be deployed over Vaas.

Likonovic would state "Do I enjoy working with the Olpenese, no. Unfortunately not, but we do not like terrorists. Terrorists are bad, they are inefficient and bad for the world, therefore we do what? We crush them, we bomb em', nuke em', and destroy them until not one of those pirates are left. Quote me on that."

Word got out about the suicide bombers, units of bomb squad troopers were readied and rushed for deployment, ready to rescue the slaves.
"Oh yeah, I am not afraid to nuke these guys. I still have kinds of respect of the Olpenese, they are advanced and intelligent, so them getting offended by these scums who sent a lack of respect to deceased politicians disgusts me, what a sad way of taking a shot at a country. Eh, do not quote me on that." Likonovic exclaimed.
Last edited by Hantuonia on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.
I am not too active, I really on log on only to preserve this account.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:05 pm

South Olpen wrote:OOC: You can't really say the CIA supports it. Their’s a canon US in the form of the Greatest States of America. Anyhow, I suppose ORBAT limits don't apply as you're defending. Anyhow,
IC: The War Machine drones are put into play. These drones are flying wonders of weaponry that can communicate via an advanced military AI program. Each drone has 5 anti-tank missiles, and approximately 13 automatic weapons, as well as an assortment of comic weapons, radio jammers, and bombs. Most are made of near-indestructible borophene. They automatically self-destruct from the inside when fighting capabilities are impeded to a point of uselessness. The drones are instructed to fly around the island and use anti-tank missiles on mass amounts of foes or weapons on high command.
SIC: Mines are being laid across the island by deep cover submarines, ready for their simultaneous detonation.

OOC: By the looks of it, the GSA is some modern iteration of America. My nation is operating in the 1970s and the CIA during this time is largely anti-communist. Also, how the fuck do your drones have that many armaments? I thought your nation was 2000s, not 2200s. And what is this about the mines being laid by deep cover submarines?

Edit: I would like to establish that its pretty unusual for someone in the Pirate State to not be Latino, American, or Brazilian. Those who aren't will likely be taken as suspicious.
Last edited by Slaver Pirates of Vaas on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:13 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:
South Olpen wrote:OOC: You can't really say the CIA supports it. Their’s a canon US in the form of the Greatest States of America. Anyhow, I suppose ORBAT limits don't apply as you're defending. Anyhow,

OOC: By the looks of it, the GSA is some modern iteration of America. My nation is operating in the 1970s and the CIA during this time is largely anti-communist. Also, how the fuck do your drones have that many armaments? I thought your nation was 2000s, not 2200s. And what is this about the mines being laid by deep cover submarines?

OOC: 2035, and maybe 15 is an exaggeration, but you get the point, they’re buffed out. And BTW, they’re like the actual MCU War Machine.
, And I'm talking about sea mines.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:20 pm

South Olpen wrote:OOC: 2035, and maybe 15 is an exaggeration, but you get the point, they’re buffed out. And BTW, they’re like the actual MCU War Machine.

OOC: Hmm, the drones are unrealistic given the time period, but I would presume that your timeline has some sort of organization that enables this sort of advanced technology, like SHIELD.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:22 pm

South Olpen wrote:OOC: 2035, and maybe 15 is an exaggeration, but you get the point, they’re buffed out. And BTW, they’re like the actual MCU War Machine.

OOC: Hmm, the drones are unrealistic given the time period, but I would presume that your timeline has some sort of organization that enables this sort of advanced technology, like SHIELD.

OOC: Just an abrasive fear of others and billions of dollars of funding.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:31 pm

OOC: I find that funny considering the US (real world) puts trillions of dollars into the military, but doesn't come close to this kind of technology. But I suppose I'll just let these drones stand. It would be better if they were UAVs similar to what one would see right now. They're still pretty strong.
Last edited by Slaver Pirates of Vaas on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:34 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:OOC: I find that funny considering the US (real world) puts trillions of dollars into the military, but doesn't come close to this kind of technology. But I suppose I'll just let these drones stand. It would be better if they were UAVs similar to what one would see right now. They're still pretty strong.

OOC: Trillions? No, not directly at least. I'm going to keep it as actual humanoid drones. Also, like 60% of the military is spent on R&D.
Edit: Also, why not war machine drones? We have flying drones, we have drones that can shoot, we have robots that can walk, we have self learning AI's, just gotta strap some more weapons to it.
Last edited by South Olpen on Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 6:52 pm

OOC: Just do be aware that if anyone else took this more seriously than I do, they'd call you out for god moding.

IC: The War Machine drones are met with RPG and small arms fire wherever it is possible for ground forces to engage them effectively. Underground tunnels are dug by slaves across the island and act as safe havens from bombing campaigns and easy travel. The vast majority of military forces are stationed on or around the coastline, ready for any possible naval invasion. AA guns from New Ostmen are placed in secure entrenchments waiting for any opportunity to engage air forces. Synne Industries has been contacted regarding the possible use of naval forces to break the naval blockade of the island.

The Pirate State expects that the repelling of the naval blockade will cause the South Olpenese and their allies to back down from the war. If this expectation does not come to fruition, the Pirate State will opt for either conditional surrender or invasion of South Olpen with support from foreign powers.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:03 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:OOC: Just do be aware that if anyone else took this more seriously than I do, they'd call you out for god moding.

IC: The War Machine drones are met with RPG and small arms fire wherever it is possible for ground forces to engage them effectively. Underground tunnels are dug by slaves across the island and act as safe havens from bombing campaigns and easy travel. The vast majority of military forces are stationed on or around the coastline, ready for any possible naval invasion. AA guns from New Ostmen are placed in secure entrenchments waiting for any opportunity to engage air forces. Synne Industries has been contacted regarding the possible use of naval forces to break the naval blockade of the island.

The Pirate State expects that the repelling of the naval blockade will cause the South Olpenese and their allies to back down from the war. If this expectation does not come to fruition, the Pirate State will opt for either conditional surrender or invasion of South Olpen with support from foreign powers.

The mines are almost ready to be detonated, but SO intends for a couple more, larger and stronger mines to b ereadied before the detonation.

The WM drones prove hard to counter due to their relatively small bodies, not slow speeds, and defensive capabilities. Whenever resistance is encountered, the drones use their anti-tank missiles as told. Drone production is ramped up, but only so many can be built due to the rarity of borophene and the complexities of the machine.
Last edited by South Olpen on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:19 pm

South Olpen wrote:OOC: No one has so far. Given that you didn't label it SIC, I assume it's public knowledge that you intend to break a blockade.

OOC: sigh Fine, fair enough. But that communication was supposed to be secret.

SIC: A small attack boat often used for piracy operations across the Caribbean accidentally hits an undersea mine after trying to return to port. This sparks the attention of some Pirate officers, who believe the mines will impede operations after the war is over. In response, small boats piloted by slaves are sent to clear some of these mines by setting them off. A large group of pirates stationed in Castries prepare to engage a WM drone with the intent to either destroy or capture it.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 7:41 pm

South Olpen wrote:OOC: No one has so far. Given that you didn't label it SIC, I assume it's public knowledge that you intend to break a blockade.

OOC: sigh Fine, fair enough. But that communication was supposed to be secret.

SIC: A small attack boat often used for piracy operations across the Caribbean accidentally hits an undersea mine after trying to return to port. This sparks the attention of some Pirate officers, who believe the mines will impede operations after the war is over. In response, small boats piloted by slaves are sent to clear some of these mines by setting them off. A large group of pirates stationed in Castries prepare to engage a WM drone with the intent to either destroy or capture it.

OOC: Oh, sorry. I'll erawe it if you wish.
IC: The PIOT program has decided that the mines will not detonate at once but that the laying of mines continues indefinitely. This is hoped to cause severe damage to any fleet headed inbound or outbound of the island unless they have a map and good luck. The program understands this will eliminate the possibility of an invasion onto the island, but that it helps in more situations than it doesn't.

The WMD being engaged decides to fight. It uses miniaturized, but still fairly effective sonic canons while shooting ablaze. It is hoped and likely that the combination of explosives, sonic weaponry, and gunfire will penetrate earplugs and disoriented or even incapacitate the foe. Once the ammunition runs out, it will simply hover away with it's propellers and biofuel.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:05 pm

OOC: That would be preferable.

ICS: More boats are sent to set off mines along the coast. It is unknown how many mines have been laid around the island, but pirate officers are hopeful that the current solution will be effective.

IC: Most pirates do not have earplugs with the exception of those manning the machine guns mounted on trucks, who are equipped with noise reducing headphones rather than the smaller earbuds. The sonic canons are effective at disorienting the attackers. One pirate, however, does manage to land a rocket on the drones torso.

South Olpen
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby South Olpen » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:17 pm

Slaver Pirates of Vaas wrote:OOC: That would be preferable.

ICS: More boats are sent to set off mines along the coast. It is unknown how many mines have been laid around the island, but pirate officers are hopeful that the current solution will be effective.

IC: Most pirates do not have earplugs with the exception of those manning the machine guns mounted on trucks, who are equipped with noise reducing headphones rather than the smaller earbuds. The sonic canons are effective at disorienting the attackers. One pirate, however, does manage to land a rocket on the drones torso.

The direct hit to the torso can indeed destroy the drone. Unfortunately for the pirates, however, the drone is deemed useless in combat and self destructs. The only remaining material are small shreds of shrapnel and some borophene strips that could make maybe 1 1/2 suits. By the time the engagement is over, however, one or two more war machines as well as 40 or so elite drones and 120 disposable drones are produced. (If you think these numbers are too high, do tell. Disposable drones are just enforced plastic humanoids holding a gun and having a grenade strapped to the side. Elites have another gun, more explosives, and are made out of some metal.)

On the naval side, all is well, but what is interesting is the aerial side. Bombers are destroying zones of land that could be militarily useful, even if that just means flat land. In particular ports and air bases are being strikes. Bombers are taking not insignificant damage from AAs, but an escort to distract the aimers can significantly reduce that chance.

Synne Industries
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Synne Industries » Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:24 pm

⠀MGDV Warden
⠀Kottos Class DDGN
⠀Minerva Maritime Defense Solutions
⠀Equator, 1140km East of Saint Lucia

Inroads
Part I

Fiore Paget's arm found its way into a comfortable position, flinching once after contacting the cold metal of the armrest before relaxing. The captain wondered why it wouldn't have been cushioned like the rest of the seat. Scanning ahead, his sight skimmed over digital displays and the clinical tiling of the bridge. In front of his roost, roughly two dozen crewmen attended to their tasks, pondering over communications, sensor data, and whatnot in the dimply lit space. To Paget, the Warden felt barely like a ship, the enclosed command center in the bowels of the vessel akin to a particularly secluded office space rather than anything built for a warfighting force. The man reclined in his rest and wondered whether or not anyone else in the task force was out, feeling the heat of the equatorial sun.

JSD Regulus sat nearly static, slowly drifting in the quiet Atlantic. Orders from up the ladder had put the task force in its present midocean position seeing the rapidly heating tension between a certain two radically disproportionate parties. Roughly 700 miles were between the ships and the current action, well in international waters and hopefully outside of lethal striking distance yet close enough for prompt strike to be carried-out should they be called to action.

Still, an air of anxiety would slowly coalesce within the depths of each vessel, the worries of the crewmen compounding. Administration's choice to back the side both outnumbered and outgunned would not sit easy with the sailors who would potentially find themselves in the line of fire. Though a neutral party as of present, should this change they would surely attract attention through their relative proximity. Many hoped an arms deal could simply remain as such but should this particular agreement come to favorable terms, more than a few within their ranks would be made millionaires overnight.

MMDS Ruemann Building
Crosstalk, Silran Maritime Territories

Twirling a garishly colored complementary stylus he had recently received between his fingers, Maddoc pondered over what directions he could potentially take the new mess he had gotten his company into. Of course turning smaller powers into problems for far larger powers was nothing new to the man but that didn't make the complications associated much easier. Minerva was an organization which thrived from the problems of others and making the Pirate State of Vaas far more capable in that regard would likely net them quite a number of additional contracts in the future. For a company of comparatively moderate size, this particular deal would be especially important.

Unfortunately for Maddoc, it appeared that someone up there had personally decided to drop a few additional roadblocks in his way. Despite the seeming insignificance of this small conglomeration of gangsters, it appeared that a notable few countries had gone ahead and decided to throw everything and the kitchen sink at this new Atlantic hotspot. No matter, simply more opportunities to squeeze as much money out of the swashbuckers initially through more ludicrous arms deals. Bringing the rotating stylus, which had been slowly accelerating as he thought to a stop, the executive leaned forwards into his desk and made a final review to his proposition. With some final details ironed out, a file would be wired to the administration of Vaas. With hope, some shiny new equipment could turn a curbstomp to a bloody nose and a black eye for the attackers.

Minerva Maritime Defense Solutions - Slaver Pirates of Vaas
    Encrypted transmission

Greetings, from the Minerva Maritime Defense Solutions Group.

It has recently come to our attention that your group, following a supposed international political infraction, has become the target of several foreign parties, most principally but not limited to The Unified Peoples Republic of South Olpen. We at Minerva do not stand for this kind of retaliation over such petty offense and thus offer you our goods and services in defending your sovereignty from these aggressors.

As seen in these latest strikes, your adversary appears to be employing long-distance strikes against your mainland with no ability on your end to combat this. Having a rich history with precision standoff strike, we fully recognize the capability of such weapons and the grievous damage they may inflict on your country in the future. For this reason, we are presently offering you the ability to repel these attacks with the possibility of pushing back against the Olpenese force in the near future.

We at Minerva have very recently decommissioned a large quantity of our legacy hardware, notably several batteries of strategic air defense equipment. We are willing to part with these defensive assets and offer quality instruction as to its employment for a low price compared to other more formal operators and manufacturers. Below, a full list of the available equipment is provided and payment can be accepted in most forms. We would be delighted to provide our services to you and look forwards to satisfying your security needs.

Chief Executive Officer Aiias Maddoc

Available hardware

• [3 standard batteries] - Antey S-1000P, SA-29 Gestalt strategic mobile SAM
      • 36 x 5P117A TEL
      • 6 x 99N6E X-band MFR vehicle
      • 4 x 98N6C S-band target acquisition radar vehicle
      • 3 x 97L6C VHF-band antistealth target acquisition radar vehicle
      • 3 x 58K6B command and processing vehicle

• 620 x 49N6D TVM + CEC long-range SAM
      • 510 x 49N6E2 ARH long-range SAM
      • 500 x 9M116E1 ARH intermediate-range SAM
      • 700 x 9M119E3 high-capacity self-defense SAM
    • [8 vehicles] - Almaz 9K400-M2, SA-28 Gizmo SHORAD system
      • 8000 x 9M401E2 high-capacity dual-purpose missile
    • [24 aircraft] - Sukhoi Su-68U Flaneur linebacker/AEW aircraft
    • [10 aircraft] - Sukhoi Su-89S Fireblight air defense fighter
      • 500 x R-77MD
      • 360 x R-73M3
      • 90 x R-46SD
      • 100 x Kh-35E

Final cost, delivery included: USD$780,000,000

Last edited by Synne Industries on Mon Oct 18, 2021 8:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, it's been a while. If you're seeing this then it means what I'm working on is not quite done yet. You can still read my old stuff but it's probably not canon anymore. I'll try to get something up soon. It may or may not involve wizards.

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:01 pm

OOC: I'm going to assume the price tag is inflation adjusted for the sake of simplicity.

To: Aiias Maddoc, Synne Industries
Encryption: HIGH

Mr. Maddoc,

I am elated by your decision to help us in our defensive efforts, especially considering the type of industries we operate within and how they are perceived by the rest of the world. With that in mind, I sense that this might be the start of a more long-term business relationship, but that is a separate matter.

In regards to your offer, and please disregard my ignorance towards the technical terms within your message. I can tell the difference between an MP-40 and an AK-47, but not the various acronyms such as "ARH", "MFR", "AEW", etc. The price tag for this purchase is quite high for the Pirate State. If possible, we would gladly accept an offer priced at 500,000,000 USD. However, if this is not agreeable to you, I do have my ways of "fundraising" that should cover the cost. It might also help in my decision if you agree to spice up the deal a little. Perhaps you can offer some direct assistance in the scenario that South Olpen proves to be...stubborn, and that an invasion of their country is necessary to end the war. If this scenario were to come to pass, I will ensure that your assist is rewarded with the spoils we reap from Olpen's capitulation.

If, however, the tide of the war falls out of our favor, I will pay handsomely for my safe extraction from Saint Lucia and further protection from agents of the SSD, the intelligence agency of South Olpen.

IC:

The bombings of Vigie Airport and Beane Army Airfield will prove to be costly to the Pirate State, as very considerable investments were made into their renovation in the 1950s.

The victorious pirates attempted to salvage what remained of the blown up drone they shot down, taking interest in the borophene strips, which they didn't know exactly what to do with.

Janpia
Powerbroker

Founded: Jul 20, 2021
Democratic Socialists

Postby Janpia » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:03 pm

SIC:
Port of Munchen - Janpia
JRS Magochyo is one of the 26 Kalinka Class-Cruisers of Janpia which are the pride of the Janpian revolutionary navy. The cruiser is led by Commodore Zebinki. On the bridge of JRS Magochyo, he received a message from the Revolutionary Council:

Janpian Revolutionary Council
ENCRYPTED

To: Commodore Zebiniki - Magochyo Northern Sea Fleet
Fr: Janpian Revolutionary Council

Revolutionary Commodore, in the recent events going in South Olpen, you will lead a taskforce of 3 ships compromising of your ship, the JRS Magochyo, and the 2 Revolution-Class destroyers named: Divozhneya and Hanmoscho. They will arrive at the port of Munchen where you're staying. You and your taskforce fleet will be en-routed to the Caribbean to fight the terrorist organization of Vaas. Your task is to help South Olpenese on their war and to clear the seas from pirates.

Caribbean
IC: The taskforce is numbered 012. They sailed towards the Caribbean to hunt down Vaas ships. The taskforce sent out 10 scout helicopters to spot any assets belonging to Vaas. Any spotted naval assets of Vaas are then reported back with their location, and fired away with long range VLS. The radars are turned off since Janpian Union Revolutionary Intelligence Center (JURIC) reported that Vaas have zero to low aircrafts that can threaten the fleet.

"Missiles are ready commadant. Firing on command!"

Long live the Janpian Union of Revolutionary States!

5th Era
- NS policies ain't real. (No prison policy? HAA)
- Yes. I am your average tankie commie.
- Nation doesn't totally reflect my political views.(Damn you random policies!)
- No. I ain't no FT nation
- Check my military equipments. Worked hard on dem drawings
- Currently trying to improve my RP quality, and improving past pain write-ups
-My favorite past time read. Probably the reference for my deathstar. But I still swear that I'm not an FT nation
- Sometimes I wonder what am I doing with my export program
- Spends majority of my time trying to fix my grammar at factbooks or future posts.
Alliances with:
-KTO
-LDO
HomeNewsGeneral InformationMilitaryMapsEmbassyStore

The Territories of Sealand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Tue Oct 19, 2021 9:13 am

Sealand joins South Olpen against the pirates, citing 'threats to national security'. The 10 submarines abandon their planned patrol of Vaas due to the mines, and instead build up their submarine fleet. The air force aids South Olpen in the air, with the air force being mainly escort fighters to help the bombers and bombers, to help reduce the chances of Olpenese damage from AA. The tank division is not important in this war, because of the mines.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
POPULATION: 70 million
CAPITAL: Brunswick
LEADER: Little Brother
ANTHEM: Long live Sealand
MORE ABOUT SEALAND: This is the official factbook on Sealand.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Slaver Pirates of Vaas
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Slaver Pirates of Vaas » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:26 am

IC: At this point in the war, all naval assets have been withdrawn to ports or storage warehouses on the island. Fortifications are almost complete and the pirates defending the coastline have dug in. Criminal organizations from throughout Latin America have responded to the news by pledging support for the Pirate State's defensive efforts, however, not much can be done to help as a result of the mines and naval blockade. Small boats sailed by slaves continue to scan the coastline for mines to detonate. After about 3 days, though, only 40 mines have been disposed of in total. Pirate officers are still calculating just how many there are.

SIC: A large cargo helicopter heads toward the Pirate State from the north, flying low to the ocean surface to avoid detection by radar. It is unarmed, but does have plenty of flares to counter possible attacks by guided missiles.

New Ostmen
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 30, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby New Ostmen » Tue Oct 19, 2021 10:40 am

The Territories of Sealand wrote:Sealand joins South Olpen against the pirates, citing 'threats to national security'. The 10 submarines abandon their planned patrol of Vaas due to the mines, and instead build up their submarine fleet. The air force aids South Olpen in the air, with the air force being mainly escort fighters to help the bombers and bombers, to help reduce the chances of Olpenese damage from AA. The tank division is not important in this war, because of the mines.

3 bio weapons are shot from an orbital platform at the biggest city in Sealand along with 2 at the capital
Nytoan alt
If you fight me be prepared for a bio weapon

The Territories of Sealand
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 24, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Territories of Sealand » Tue Oct 19, 2021 11:32 am

New Ostmen wrote:
The Territories of Sealand wrote:Sealand joins South Olpen against the pirates, citing 'threats to national security'. The 10 submarines abandon their planned patrol of Vaas due to the mines, and instead build up their submarine fleet. The air force aids South Olpen in the air, with the air force being mainly escort fighters to help the bombers and bombers, to help reduce the chances of Olpenese damage from AA. The tank division is not important in this war, because of the mines.

3 bio weapons are shot from an orbital platform at the biggest city in Sealand along with 2 at the capital

IC: Being more prepared for such an event than at the Slaver Crusade, Sealand manages to shoot down the 2 missiles at the coasts, but they still cause a lot of damage, and its containment will be a challenge. Using this and public opinion as an excuse, Sealand exits the war, and focuses on the bio-weapon, focusing entirely on containing it. The fishing industry is heavily affected, and the 10 subs are gone now, and the economy might go kaput again, but after dealing with this crisis, Sealand promises to help with the war effort without joining it, if the war hasn't ended by then. As for the other3 bio-weapons, they hit their targets, and Sealand enters another lockdown.

OOC: The largest and capital city are the same thing, btw. Sealand will have to lockdown again, and so I'll be spending the rest of my time here licking my wounds.
Sealand is an island in the North Atlantic that is slightly smaller than Bolivia.
POPULATION: 70 million
CAPITAL: Brunswick
LEADER: Little Brother
ANTHEM: Long live Sealand
MORE ABOUT SEALAND: This is the official factbook on Sealand.
Find Sealand's military info here. Scroll up or down to find Sealand. Non-military info should be checked in the factbooks instead of here.
NS stats not canon.

NEWS: Zarnicovan drugs becoming more popular - Sealand helps form CUSTO - Sealand makes attempts to combat the international spread of fascism

Synne Industries
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Synne Industries » Tue Oct 19, 2021 1:18 pm

OOC: I'm going to assume the price tag is inflation adjusted for the sake of simplicity.

To: Aiias Maddoc, Synne Industries
Encryption: HIGH

Mr. Maddoc,

I am elated by your decision to help us in our defensive efforts, especially considering the type of industries we operate within and how they are perceived by the rest of the world. With that in mind, I sense that this might be the start of a more long-term business relationship, but that is a separate matter.

In regards to your offer, and please disregard my ignorance towards the technical terms within your message. I can tell the difference between an MP-40 and an AK-47, but not the various acronyms such as "ARH", "MFR", "AEW", etc. The price tag for this purchase is quite high for the Pirate State. If possible, we would gladly accept an offer priced at 500,000,000 USD. However, if this is not agreeable to you, I do have my ways of "fundraising" that should cover the cost. It might also help in my decision if you agree to spice up the deal a little. Perhaps you can offer some direct assistance in the scenario that South Olpen proves to be...stubborn, and that an invasion of their country is necessary to end the war. If this scenario were to come to pass, I will ensure that your assist is rewarded with the spoils we reap from Olpen's capitulation.

If, however, the tide of the war falls out of our favor, I will pay handsomely for my safe extraction from Saint Lucia and further protection from agents of the SSD, the intelligence agency of South Olpen.

IC:

The bombings of Vigie Airport and Beane Army Airfield will prove to be costly to the Pirate State, as very considerable investments were made into their renovation in the 1950s.

The victorious pirates attempted to salvage what remained of the blown up drone they shot down, taking interest in the borophene strips, which they didn't know exactly what to do with.

MMDS Ruemann Building
Crosstalk, Silran Maritime Territories

Transaction
Part 1.5

Having received a response to his communication in a more than timely manner, Aiias Maddoc turned his attention again to his desk, penholder, hourglass, compact laptop and all. An attempt to drive a bargain, but one falling within acceptable margins for the time being. Skimming to the bottom of the communiqué, the executive took note of two additional requests. His focus shifted beyond the computer screen as an image developed in his mind's eye. This entire fiasco of shipping, diplomatic insults, and whatever else he couldn't be bothered recalling had brought upon a patently comical concentration of naval force to the East Caribbean to dispatch a disproportionately small collective. Of course to Maddoc, this only meant more bonuses and more tonnage tacked on his fleet. Making mental note of the potential opposition's capabilities, the man came to a resolution. Regulus, despite being present to oversee the potential ferrying of materiel would be wholly suitable for the AShW and AAW tasking. The force's proximity to the island had probably already raised suspicions among crewmen surrounding such a development. And so a decision was made, a reply being promptly drafted and again, wired to the Pirate State.

Minerva Maritime Defense Solutions - Slaver Pirates of Vaas
    Encrypted transmission

Greetings, again, from Minerva Maritime Defense Solutions.

We have received your communication and are delighted to know of your enthusiasm to employ our services. Understanding your present limitations for defense spending, a reduction in upfront payment is entirely acceptable for our group. For the entirety of the equipment listed, we are willing to receive the payment of $500,000,000 USD or equivalent presently with $200,000,000 paid over a length of 12 months or $300,000,000 paid over a length of 30 months. As part of this deal, chosen operators within your armed forces or equivalent will receive training from Minerva professionals over a multi-month period for the appropriate operation of the hardware. This being said, noting your current international situation, we are entirely willing to have Minerva operators man the delivered equipment in defense of your polity until training is complete (, this entailing a small addition to cost).

As for more direct involvement in this multinational conflict, Minerva is able to offer limited assistance as of present in relation to anti-shipping and anti-air duties. A small maritime task group is currently situated in the vicinity of the conflict, wholly capable of assisting you in repelling attack from air or sea, complementing your order of equipment. Prices will be negotiated by the resolution of the conflict but will likely not exceed $50,000,000 USD or equivalent. This task group, formally employed or not, will assist in the safe transit of Minerva transport vehicles to your country. Additionally, should the situation become dire for you and the Pirate State, means of covert extraction and long-term security are available, if not by our group, one of many based in the Southern sphere.

We look forwards to assisting you and shall await future confirmation

Chief Executive Officer Aiias Maddoc

Hi, it's been a while. If you're seeing this then it means what I'm working on is not quite done yet. You can still read my old stuff but it's probably not canon anymore. I'll try to get something up soon. It may or may not involve wizards.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents