NATION

PASSWORD

2022 British general election (IC/MT/TG to enter)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Ideal Britain
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

2022 British general election (IC/MT/TG to enter)

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Jun 19, 2021 9:53 am

One month after a vote of no-confidence in the UKIP government of Tarquin Beaufort
(For surrendering North Yorkshire, East Yorkshire, Jesmond and Cumbria to the Northumbrians) and the choice of Gerard Batten, Batten choose to hold a general election.

Batten is running on a policy of harsh legal punishments, increased funding for the police, reduced funding for unemployment benefits and abolition of Muslim law amongst Muslim couples who both choose to use it for their disputes.

The other major parties are:
The Conservative Party (lead by Theresa May):
operating on a centre-right platform and attempting to appeal to both liberals and Eurosceptics.
They support a referendum regarding Brexit.

The Labour Party (lead by Shabana Mahmood): Campaigning on a platform of workers’ rights, better funding for the police, economic protectionism and an economic stimulus.
They are also strongly pro-Palestinian and anti-racist.

The Liberal Democrats(lead by Nick Clegg): a liberal, centrist party and known for their tolerant political views.
Libertarian left socially, centrist economically.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:41 am, edited 3 times in total.
An MT alt-history Britain.
Year: 2021

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Henna-Kassel
Diplomat

Founded: Jun 15, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Henna-Kassel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:01 am

Hi can I post here?
Supreme Leader:, Martin Cook
This nation does NOT reflect my Real Life views

News:Occupation by The GCE occurs

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:09 am

Henna-Kassel wrote:Hi can I post here?

No
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Henna-Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Henna-Kassel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:13 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Henna-Kassel wrote:Hi can I post here?

No

Did I ask you?

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:15 am

The Times publishes a YouGov poll.

CON: 36%
LAB: 29%
LDM: 26%
UKIP: 4%

The UKIP vote has completely collapsed. Their anti-establishment voters have mostly gone to the Lib Dems, while the rest have gone to the Conservatives.

Henna-Kassel wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:No

Did I ask you?

Yeah actually because the OP telegrammed me to make the decision
Republic of Northumbria

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,

Henna-Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Henna-Kassel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:19 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:The Times publishes a YouGov poll.

The UKIP vote has completely collapsed. Their anti-establishment voters have mostly gone to the Lib Dems, while the rest have gone to the Conservatives.

Henna-Kassel wrote:Did I ask you?

I will leave if ideal Britain asks me to.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:31 am

Henna-Kassel wrote:

I will leave if ideal Britain asks me to.

Please leave.

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:32 am

Henna-Kassel wrote:Did I ask you?

OOC: actually it’s very narrowly Labour in the lead then Liberal Democrats then Conservatives.

Theresa May’s strategy of trying to please everyone has resulted in her pleasing no one, just like happened IRL.

Henna-Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Henna-Kassel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:33 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Henna-Kassel wrote:I will leave if ideal Britain asks me to.

Please leave.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:42 am

Ideal Britain wrote:

OOC: actually it’s very narrowly Labour in the lead then Liberal Democrats then Conservatives.

Theresa May’s strategy of trying to please everyone has resulted in her pleasing no one, just like happened IRL.

OOC: Polls aren't always accurate
Republic of Northumbria

Henna-Kassel
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Henna-Kassel » Sat Jun 19, 2021 10:45 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Henna-Kassel wrote:I will leave if ideal Britain asks me to.

Please leave.

Ok

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:32 am

Ideal Britain wrote:OOC: actually it’s very narrowly Labour in the lead then Liberal Democrats then Conservatives.

OOC: Polls aren't always accurate

OOC: ok.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:45 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:OOC: Polls aren't always accurate

OOC: ok.

OOC: But this one probably is, because realistically the UKIP vote would go Conservative.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sat Jun 19, 2021 11:56 am

Ideal Britain wrote:OOC: ok.

OOC: But this one probably is, because realistically the UKIP vote would go Conservative.

OOC: It depends.
The UKIP victory was an anomaly.
Brexit and Labour incompetence during the Northumbrian War were the main reasons given.
Labour are offering a referendum on Brexit as well as the Conservatives.

The South-East and student towns are mostly going to vote Liberal Democrat, the Red Wall will vote Conservative whilst London will, of course, vote Labour.

Teeside is occupied (as is Cumbria), Durham will vote Liberal Democrat and the South-West will mostly vote conservative (with Lib Dems and Greens in some enclaves).

IC: Nick Clegg goes to Beaconsfield to give a speech on why the Liberal Democrats are the best party. He brings up his
pro-European stance and his socially liberal policies.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Sat Jun 19, 2021 12:09 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:11 am

People are asking why the police and security services failed to stop the bombing at Leytonstone Mosque.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sun Jun 20, 2021 5:50 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:People are asking why the police and security services failed to stop the bombing at Leytonstone Mosque.

IC: Labour say it would “never happen on our watch”. 50.5% of Muslims agree with them. Theresa May denounces UKIP as “appeasers” whilst the Liberal Democrats appeal to “liberty and equality” and criticise UKIP for “ignoring the plight of Muslims, Northumbrian unionists and the people of North and East Yorkshire.” pointing out that “Alvin Ashleigh expressed contempt for the people of Teeside.”
They also appeal to the educated middle-class with their pro-EU stance.

Also, Aisha Bint Sikandar Khan is standing for election to represent Bradford West (as an independent candidate).

OOC: they’d probably vote for her.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:35 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sun Jun 20, 2021 6:54 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:People are asking why the police and security services failed to stop the bombing at Leytonstone Mosque.

IC: Labour say it would “never happen on our watch”. 50.5% of Muslims agree with them. Theresa May denounces UKIP as “appeasers” whilst the Liberal Democrats appeal to “liberty and equality” and criticise UKIP for “ignoring the plight of Muslims, Northumbrian unionists and the people of North and East Yorkshire.” pointing out that “Alvin Ashleigh expressed contempt for the people of Teeside.”

Also, Aisha Bint Sikandar Khan is standing for election to represent Bradford West (as an independent candidate).

OOC: Why is she running as an independent?
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:06 am

https://www.yapms.com/app/?m=aekx

The constituency projections for YouGov's poll are released. While the Conservatives are on course to win the election, leader Theresa May is projected to lose her seat. The Conservatives would win 301 seats, Labour 116, the Lib Dems 107, Plaid Cymru 3, UKIP and others none, and the Northern Irish parties 18. 273 seats are required for a majority.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:09 am

Ideal Britain wrote:IC: Labour say it would “never happen on our watch”. 50.5% of Muslims agree with them. Theresa May denounces UKIP as “appeasers” whilst the Liberal Democrats appeal to “liberty and equality” and criticise UKIP for “ignoring the plight of Muslims, Northumbrian unionists and the people of North and East Yorkshire.” pointing out that “Alvin Ashleigh expressed contempt for the people of Teeside.”

OOC: Why is she running as an independent?

OOC: ok. She’s running as Labour.

The North-east is independent and a lot of Yorkshire is under Northumbrian rule in this but Scotland is also de facto outside the UK.
Would the UK be remain or leave?
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:17 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:OOC: Why is she running as an independent?

OOC: ok. She’s running as Labour.

The North-east is independent and a lot of Yorkshire is under Northumbrian rule in this but Scotland is also de facto outside the UK.

OOC: after the UKIP disaster I think the Conservatives would be Eurosceptic but not outright Leave, and Brexit wouldn't be an issue.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:23 am

Ideal Britain wrote:OOC: ok. She’s running as Labour.

OOC: after the UKIP disaster I think the Conservatives would be Eurosceptic but not outright Leave, and Brexit wouldn't be an issue.

OOC: a lot of people in this want to leave the EU so the death penalty can be a thing.

Many ex-UKIPers will still be leave and there’s a general malaise about New Labour, the EU and this whole alt-history political establishment.

So for these reasons people want a referendum.

Is Bradford West going to be Labour in this?

George Galloway never got kicked out (because Iraq never happened) but he’s Mayor of London (with the support of Sikandar Khan, David Miliband expelled Sadiq Khan, who was not related to Sikandar, over his support for right-wing policies in Israel and his stifling of free speech for political reasons)
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Sun Jun 20, 2021 7:27 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sun Jun 20, 2021 8:05 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:OOC: after the UKIP disaster I think the Conservatives would be Eurosceptic but not outright Leave, and Brexit wouldn't be an issue.

OOC: a lot of people in this want to leave the EU so the death penalty can be a thing.

Many ex-UKIPers will still be leave and there’s a general malaise about New Labour, the EU and this whole alt-history political establishment.

So for these reasons people want a referendum.

Is Bradford West going to be Labour in this?

George Galloway never got kicked out (because Iraq never happened) but he’s Mayor of London (with the support of Sikandar Khan, David Miliband expelled Sadiq Khan, who was not related to Sikandar, over his support for right-wing policies in Israel and his stifling of free speech for political reasons)

yeah ok
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sun Jun 20, 2021 10:51 am

Bradford West, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom
Aisha Bint Sikandar Khan gives a speech in which she promises to “finish the rebirth of true Labour principles”, that “her father was working on before his death.”, she also promises “to fight for jobs.”, “support the NHS” and “defend Muslims from discrimination.”
She mentions her membership of the Labour Party since the age of 15 and her service in the Northumbrian War.

OOC: will Alvin Ashleigh call an election?
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:27 am

Ideal Britain wrote:Bradford West, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom
Aisha Bint Sikandar Khan gives a speech in which she promises to “finish the rebirth of true Labour principles”, that “her father was working on before his death.”, she also promises “to fight for jobs.”, “support the NHS” and “defend Muslims from discrimination.”
She mentions her membership of the Labour Party since the age of 15 and her service in the Northumbrian War.

Bradford West is a complex and competitive seat and she will have to campaign hard to keep it. The Conservatives have nominated a Muslim man and there has been a whispering campaign that she is not 'sufficiently Muslim'.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:36 am

Ideal Britain wrote:Bradford West, Bradford, West Yorkshire, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom

Bradford West is a complex and competitive seat and she will have to campaign hard to keep it. The Conservatives have nominated a Muslim man and there has been a whispering campaign that she is not 'sufficiently Muslim'.

IC: On Facebook she asks “Has anyone who thinks I’m not sufficiently Muslim got proof? Any proof at all?”

OOC: she’s a Hijabi, a virgin and someone doesn’t drink alcohol (and never has drank alcohol).
The only “rebellious” thing she ever did as a teenager was support communism when she was 13-14.
Even then she was still a Hijabi, teetotal Muslim.

What’s the professional/occupational background of the Conservative candidate?
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Sun Jun 20, 2021 11:47 am, edited 1 time in total.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents