NATION

PASSWORD

North and South (IC / SEMI-OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 4:58 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Thanks," says Ashleigh. "Now, about Jesmond."

“Surely the people of Jesmond have the right to choose their fate just like the people of Northumbria have that right. “ said Dan Jarvis

OOC:

Does Northumbrian law use British definitions of murder and manslaughter?

"What about the people of Elswick?"

OOC: Probably
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Ideal Britain
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 6:26 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Ideal Britain wrote:“Surely the people of Jesmond have the right to choose their fate just like the people of Northumbria have that right. “ said Dan Jarvis

OOC:

Does Northumbrian law use British definitions of murder and manslaughter?

"What about the people of Elswick?"

IC:
“They themselves surrendered. We’d like them to have sovereignty but it’s negotiable. Jesmond is non-negotiable as a matter of principle (apart from the police station because they surrendered)”

OOC: cool.
They will probably invoke Beckford v The Queen.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:04 am, edited 2 times in total.
An MT alt-history Britain.
Year: 2021

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 7:45 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"What about the people of Elswick?"

IC:
“They themselves surrendered. We’d like them to have sovereignty but it’s negotiable. Jesmond is non-negotiable as a matter of principle (apart from the police station because they surrendered)”

"Well, we don't really want Jesmond anyway. You can keep it."
Republic of Northumbria

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:05 am

Ideal Britain wrote:IC:

"Well, we don't really want Jesmond anyway. You can keep it."

“Great.” Said Dan Jarvis, delighted. The people of Jesmond celebrate with Union Jack bunting and cream teas in the street. King William VI sends his thanks to Alvin Ashleigh.
“Do you want Elswick?” Dan Jarvis asked.

an impromptu prisoner of war camp, Gateshead
The SAS men accused of murder are visited by their lawyer.
They are going to advance a defence of self-defence following Beckford V The Queen.
They did, indeed, mistake the civilians in the car for a bunch of militants (as the militants used vehicles as weapons during their attack on the North-East Police.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:13 am, edited 1 time in total.

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:14 am

There is a knock at the door of the room where the SAS men are being held. "You are going to be brought to trial in ten minutes. Get ready."
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Well, we don't really want Jesmond anyway. You can keep it."

“Great.” Said Dan Jarvis, delighted. The people of Jesmond celebrate with Union Jack bunting and cream teas in the street. King William VI sends his thanks to Alvin Ashleigh.

"Yeah," says Ashleigh. "Also, you forgot, but Gosforth, other Newcastle suburbs, and most of the city of Durham also voted to stay with you. You can have them as well."
Last edited by Nationalist Northumbria on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:33 am

Ideal Britain wrote:“Great.” Said Dan Jarvis, delighted. The people of Jesmond celebrate with Union Jack bunting and cream teas in the street. King William VI sends his thanks to Alvin Ashleigh.

"Yeah," says Ashleigh. "Also, you forgot, but Gosforth, other Newcastle suburbs, and most of the city of Durham also voted to stay with you. You can have them as well."

“Thank you.” He said.
Many Muslims from Elswick move into loyalist areas of Durham with refugee funding from Her Majesty’s government.
There is a knock at the door of the room where the SAS men are being held. "You are going to be brought to trial in ten minutes. Get ready."

The SAS men and their lawyers get ready.

The Scots guards are standing outside the court (unarmed) as they are going to be witnesses for the defence.

Phil Shiner offers to join the Northumbrian Prosecution Service.

OOC: so English common law applies unless expressly repealed?

Also there some 16 soldiers in that car (a Hummer limousine containing 14 SAS personnel and 2 Scots guardsmen) but the rest were in other cars and the Scots Guards (in that car and the others) are witnesses for the defence.

12 SAS men were injured including 10 unconscious.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed Jun 09, 2021 8:58 am, edited 8 times in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:09 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Yeah," says Ashleigh. "Also, you forgot, but Gosforth, other Newcastle suburbs, and most of the city of Durham also voted to stay with you. You can have them as well."

“Thank you.” He said.
Many Muslims from Elswick move into loyalist areas of Durham with refugee funding from Her Majesty’s government.

The Scots guards are standing outside the court (unarmed) as they are going to be witnesses for the defence.

Also there some 16 soldiers in that car (a Hummer limousine containing 14 SAS personnel and 2 Scots guardsmen) but the rest were in other cars and the Scots Guards (in that car and the others) are witnesses for the defence.

The trial begins. The judge is King Yob.

"You have committed a terrible crime," says King Yob. "Following a full review of the evidence, I am strongly inclined to recommend to the jury that you are found guilty. Do you have any closing statements to make?" he asks.
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:10 am

OOC: Following the closing statement from the defence, the witnesses will be allowed to offer their evidence. Then the prosecution will make a closing statement.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:20 am

Ideal Britain wrote:“Thank you.” He said.

The trial begins. The judge is King Yob.

"You have committed a terrible crime," says King Yob. "Following a full review of the evidence, I am strongly inclined to recommend to the jury that you are found guilty. Do you have any closing statements to make?" he asks.

“Your honour, under R V Williams and Beckford V the Queen, self-defence is not a crime even if it is the result of a mistaken belief in a threat. Northumbria has not issued any laws repealing these precedents.
My clients believe believed, it now appears wrongly, that they were under attack by a Northumbrian militia member seeing as they have used vehicles as weapons before and 12 SAS men were injured; 10 are currently unconscious indicating the severity of the collision which caused them to open fire though we now know and they now know, it was an accident.” replied the head of their legal team.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:21 am

OOC: Is this the same King Yob then runs the prison camp?

If so can I ask about his military rank, training and experience?

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:25 am

Ideal Britain wrote:“Your honour, under R V Williams and Beckford V the Queen, self-defence is not a crime even if it is the result of a mistaken belief in a threat. Northumbria has not issued any laws repealing these precedents.
My clients believe believed, it now appears wrongly, that they were under attack by a Northumbrian militia member seeing as they have used vehicles as weapons before and 12 SAS men were injured; 10 are currently unconscious indicating the severity of the collision which caused them to open fire though we now know and they now know, it was an accident.” replied the head of their legal team.

"Yeah, and this case might just overturn that precedent if the jury doesn't hear any actual evidence against their guilt and fast."

The witnesses may now make their statements.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:42 am

Ideal Britain wrote:“Your honour, under R V Williams and Beckford V the Queen, self-defence is not a crime even if it is the result of a mistaken belief in a threat. Northumbria has not issued any laws repealing these precedents.

"Yeah, and this case might just overturn that precedent if the jury doesn't hear any actual evidence against their guilt and fast."

The witnesses swear their oaths.
A young (19 year old) Scots Guardsman from Edinburgh with no previous convictions takes the stand
“My name is Ronald Cameron and I’m a Scots Guardsman. I served alongside both Northumbrians and other Scots in Somalia, the Central African Republic and Iraq amongst other places.
My car was accompanying the other car that the victims’ vehicle crashed into.
I saw the vehicle containing the defendants open fire but only after the severe crash where I heard a grown man scream.
After opening fire they remained at the scene to account for their actions, hardly the behaviour of cold blooded murderers.”

“Do you want to cross-examine him or should we call our next witness?” Asks the head of the legal team
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed Jun 09, 2021 9:42 am, edited 1 time in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 10:48 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Yeah, and this case might just overturn that precedent if the jury doesn't hear any actual evidence against their guilt and fast."

The witnesses swear their oaths.
A young (19 year old) Scots Guardsman from Edinburgh with no previous convictions takes the stand
“My name is Ronald Cameron and I’m a Scots Guardsman. I served alongside both Northumbrians and other Scots in Somalia, the Central African Republic and Iraq amongst other places.
I saw the vehicle containing the defendants open fire but only after the severe crash where I heard a grown man scream.
After opening fire they remained at the scene to account for their actions, hardly the behaviour of cold blooded murderers.”

“Do you want to cross-examine him or should we call our next witness?” Asks the head of the legal team

"Next!"
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:08 am

Ideal Britain wrote:The witnesses swear their oaths.

"Next!"

IC:
Northumbrian Court-Martial of Squadron D, 22 SAS
They call their next witness, Major Anthony Fleming of the Scots Guards.
“My name is Anthony Fleming I’m in command of the company of Scots Guards currently deployed to protect the diplomatic convoy. I have served from 2011 to the present, I’ve served in Cyprus, Haiti, Iraq and Northumbria.
I have a Military Cross and no criminal convictions.
I witnessed the victims’ car speed right into the SAS car before they opened fire and I saw blood on the SAS car’s window from the wounded SAS soldiers.”

British Northumbria, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom
Rallies are held saying “Free Squadron D!”.
Over 2 million people attend the rallies.

Northumbrian Embassy, London, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom

An e-mail arrives from the Foreign and Commonwealth Office it asks:

- The food Northumbrian Army personnel of each rank are fed to compare to the food fed to the British prisoners of war

- The measures the Northumbrians took to make sure the jurors were unbiased
(Especially vis vis area of residence e.g. did any live in Byker?)

- The law in place in Northumbria on paramilitaries (armed groups
not part of the Army or Police of Northumbria)

Portsmouth, England, Great Britain, United Kingdom
Major Muhammad Sikandar Khan GC DSO begins Special Boat Service selection.

OOC:
You know if the judge overrules legal precedents in the direction of the jury the SAS company are appealing due to ex post facto laws and bias, right?
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:00 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 1:58 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Next!"

IC:
“My name is Anthony Fleming I’m in command of the company of Scots Guards currently deployed to protect the diplomatic convoy. I have served from 2011 to the present, I’ve served in Cyprus, Haiti, Iraq and Northumbria.
I witnessed the victims’ car speed right into the SAS car before they opened fire and I saw blood on the SAS car’s window from the wounded SAS soldiers.”

- The food Northumbrian Army personnel of each rank are fed to compare to the food fed to the British prisoners of war

OOC:
You know if the judge overrules legal precedents in the direction of the jury the SAS company are appealing due to ex post facto laws and bias, right?

"Alright, that's all we can do for now," says King Yob. "I am instructing the jury to find these men guilty." The jury retires to deliberate. Five minutes later, the jury returns from the deliberation room.

"We find the accused guilty, your honour," says the jury foreman.

"Very well. I sentence these criminals to be hanged by the neck until dead!"
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 2:20 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
IC:

OOC:

"Alright, that's all we can do for now," says King Yob. "I am instructing the jury to find these men guilty." The jury retires to deliberate. Five minutes later, the jury returns from the deliberation room.

OOC:
Where did King Yob study law?

Was he ever in the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom before the British/Northumbrian War?

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed Jun 09, 2021 3:32 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Alright, that's all we can do for now," says King Yob. "I am instructing the jury to find these men guilty." The jury retires to deliberate. Five minutes later, the jury returns from the deliberation room.

OOC:
Where did King Yob study law?

Was he ever in the Armed Forces of the United Kingdom before the British/Northumbrian War?

He looked some basic information up on Khan Academy before the trial, and yes he was in the armed forces.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed Jun 09, 2021 11:32 pm

IC: Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch criticise the court-martial for an arbitrary and biased direction of the jury and arbitrarily overruling legal precedents.
In short, of being biased and overruling existing laws to convict the accused of murder as well as introducing ex post facto laws.
London, England, United Kingdom
Marine A is asked whether he “dealt with” the militant commander, “your next target is a Northumbrian officer with the nom de guerre of ‘King Yob’.”

ICC Prosecutors’ Office, The Hague, the Netherlands
King Yob is indicted for: causing severe suffering to prisoners of war.
Good practice recognised by many militaries would be for him to be suspended from his command (with full pay) pending an investigation.

British Embassy, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, Northumbria
The British request that “King Yob” is court-martialed for “depriving prisoners of war of fair and regular trial”.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:22 am, edited 5 times in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:42 am

Ideal Britain wrote:IC: Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch criticise the court-martial for an arbitrary and biased direction of the jury and arbitrarily overruling legal precedents.
In short, of being biased and overruling existing laws to convict the accused of murder as well as introducing ex post facto laws.
Marine A is asked whether he “dealt with” the militant commander, “your next target is a Northumbrian officer with the nom de guerre of ‘King Yob’.”

Good practice recognised by many militaries would be for him to be suspended from his command (with full pay) pending an investigation.

The British request that “King Yob” is court-martialed for “depriving prisoners of war of fair and regular trial”.

Northumbria says that Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch are "wrong as usual". Marine A is currently drunk in a Sunderland pub. Northumbria also dismisses the 'bogus' charges from the ICC and refuses the British demands. Shortly afterwards, the convicted SAS soldiers are hanged at a makeshift gallows on the Tyne.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:46 am

Ideal Britain wrote:IC: Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch criticise the court-martial for an arbitrary and biased direction of the jury and arbitrarily overruling legal precedents.

Northumbria says that Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch are "wrong as usual". Marine A is currently drunk in a Sunderland pub. Northumbria also dismisses the 'bogus' charges from the ICC and refuses the British demands. Shortly afterwards, the convicted SAS soldiers are hanged at a makeshift gallows on the Tyne.

IC:
The British Army politely request the bodies of Squadron D be repatriated for burial.
The Royal Navy blockade Northumbria, which hasn’t yet formed it’s own Navy, whilst the Royal Air Force fly supplies into unionist areas.

OOC: did he overrule precedents purely because he wanted the jury to convict?
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:51 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Northumbria says that Amnesty International and Human Rights Watch are "wrong as usual". Marine A is currently drunk in a Sunderland pub. Northumbria also dismisses the 'bogus' charges from the ICC and refuses the British demands. Shortly afterwards, the convicted SAS soldiers are hanged at a makeshift gallows on the Tyne.

IC:
The British Army politely request the bodies of Squadron D be repatriated for burial.
The Royal Navy blockade Northumbria, which hasn’t yet formed it’s own Navy, whilst the Royal Air Force fly supplies into unionist areas.

Squadron D's bodies were cremated immediately after the hangings. A blockade is an act of war, by the way.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Thu Jun 10, 2021 4:57 am

Ideal Britain wrote:IC:

Squadron D's bodies were cremated immediately after the hangings. A blockade is an act of war, by the way.

IC:
A Royal Marines battalion is sent to arrest Alvin Ashleigh, ‘King Yob’ or any officer with command over ‘King Yob’ for denying prisoners of war fair and regular trials and the murder of prisoners of war.
OOC:
I know a blockade is an act of war,
So is invading territory, executing a citizen of the other country without trial and killing military personnel after unfair trials.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 am

There is a tragic fire at the Sage Gateshead. While the Northumbrians manage to safely evacuate, all the prisoners of war being held inside it die.
Last edited by Nationalist Northumbria on Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Thu Jun 10, 2021 5:01 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Squadron D's bodies were cremated immediately after the hangings. A blockade is an act of war, by the way.

IC:
A Royal Marines battalion is sent to arrest Alvin Ashleigh, ‘King Yob’ or any officer with command over ‘King Yob’ for denying prisoners of war fair and regular trials and the murder of prisoners of war.
OOC:
I know a blockade is an act of war,
So is invading territory, executing a citizen of the other country without trial and killing military personnel after unfair trials.

Ashleigh informs the British delegation that, in light of their declaration of war, they are no longer welcome in Northumbria. They will leave at once.
Republic of Northumbria

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents