NATION

PASSWORD

North and South (IC / SEMI-OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Ideal Britain
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed May 05, 2021 10:23 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Ideal Britain wrote:Walker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Sikandar Khan shrugs it off and begins walking to Benfield School to canvas teachers and sixth-form students (as the voting age was lowered to 16 in 2013). He is expecting to be able to convince most of the students and believes the staff already support him.

The students boo him.

IC: He says, "I'm not here to talk, particularly, I'm here mostly to listen, so what do you think should change about the things the government does? What do you think should be changed in education?"
An MT alt-history Britain.
Year: 2021

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed May 05, 2021 10:27 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:The students boo him.

IC: He says, "I'm not here to talk, particularly, I'm here mostly to listen, so what do you think should change about the things the government does? What do you think should be changed in education?"

"We think you should resign," they say.
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed May 05, 2021 11:31 am

Ideal Britain wrote:

"We think you should resign," they say.

Walker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, United Kingdom
"Why should I resign?" Sikandar Khan asked them, he wanted to find out what these people's problem was so he could win votes for his party, improve their situation and, most importantly, reduce far-right or communist radicalisation.
Byker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, United Kingdom
a fireteam (5 Scots Guards) go to the Stags' Head Pub, they are still wearing their camouflage and body armour.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed May 05, 2021 11:56 am, edited 2 times in total.

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed May 05, 2021 12:36 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"We think you should resign," they say.

"Why should I resign?" Sikandar Khan asked them, he wanted to find out what these people's problem was so he could win votes for his party, improve their situation and, most importantly, reduce far-right or communist radicalisation.
a fireteam (5 Scots Guards) go to the Stags' Head Pub, they are still wearing their camouflage and body armour.

"Your government is shit."
Republic of Northumbria

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed May 05, 2021 12:41 pm

"Your government is shit."

"Could you be more specific?" asked Sikandar Khan.
The Lance-Corporal orders 5 glasses of beer (half-pints due to the limit on how much the men can drink whilst carrying weapons).

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed May 05, 2021 12:48 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Your government is shit."

The Lance-Corporal orders 5 glasses of beer (half-pints due to the limit on how much the men can drink whilst carrying weapons).

"The Blairite goal of having 50% of the population go to university has divided future generations into two roughly-equal groups of haves and have nots. Those who go are successes, those who don't are failures. New Labour has completely abandoned the people the party was founded to represent for the affluent middle classes. Vote Ashleigh, free Northumbria."
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed May 05, 2021 12:50 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Your government is shit."

They get their drinks, but the pub's atmosphere is very much unwelcoming. The locals - and this is a very local, very regular pub- do not appreciate their presence and would like it if they left and left quickly.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed May 05, 2021 12:52 pm

"The Blairite goal of having 50% of the population go to university has divided future generations into two roughly-equal groups of haves and have nots. Those who go are successes, those who don't are failures. New Labour has completely abandoned the people the party was founded to represent for the affluent middle classes. Vote Ashleigh, free Northumbria."

"Thank you for intelligent feedback.I'll do more to establish good quality apprenticeships, I want to educate the population so that at least 85% of the population can take part in a high-skill economy" he said, he then left to go to Byker

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed May 05, 2021 12:54 pm

They get their drinks, but the pub's atmosphere is very much unwelcoming. The locals - and this is a very local, very regular pub- do not appreciate their presence and would like it if they left and left quickly.

"I'm from Newcastle" says a Scots Guardsman who is, in fact, from Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne), the Scots Guards has the North and East of England as two of their recruiting areas (the other recruiting area is Scotland), the North being the 2nd largest one.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed May 05, 2021 12:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed May 05, 2021 12:58 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:They get their drinks, but the pub's atmosphere is very much unwelcoming. The locals - and this is a very local, very regular pub- do not appreciate their presence and would like it if they left and left quickly.

"I'm from Newcastle" says a Scots Guardsman who is, in fact, from Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne), the Scots Guards has the North and East of England as two of their recruiting areas (the other recruiting area is Scotland), the North being the 2nd largest one.

They still do not appreciate their presence and would like it if they left and left quickly.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed May 05, 2021 1:07 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:"I'm from Newcastle" says a Scots Guardsman who is, in fact, from Newcastle (Newcastle-upon-Tyne), the Scots Guards has the North and East of England as two of their recruiting areas (the other recruiting area is Scotland), the North being the 2nd largest one.

They still do not appreciate their presence and would like it if they left and left quickly.

Stag's Head, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, United Kingdom
They remain, this may be a very intelligent idea to flush out extremists. In any case, they are British citizens buying drinks in a British pub, many of them are also English and buying drinks in an English pub.
Sikandar Khan goes to speak to some soldiers on patrol in Byker. He shakes the hands of all the soldiers he meets from Lieutenant-Colonels to ordinary Troopers and Guardsmen, thanking them for their service.
He is still in Royal Navy uniform
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed May 05, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed May 05, 2021 1:25 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:They still do not appreciate their presence and would like it if they left and left quickly.

They remain, this may be a very intelligent idea to flush out extremists. In any case, they are British citizens buying drinks in a British pub, many of them are also English and buying drinks in an English pub.
a train between Byker and Walker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Sikandar Khan travels economy class, guarded by his Personal Protection Officers but interacting with the ordinary Geordies.

OOC: Byker and Walker are literally right next to one another there are no trains between them and the only trains in the area don't have "economy class" Azad
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed May 05, 2021 1:28 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
a train between Byker and Walker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, United Kingdom
Sikandar Khan travels economy class, guarded by his Personal Protection Officers but interacting with the ordinary Geordies.

OOC: Byker and Walker are literally right next to one another there are no trains between them and the only trains in the area don't have "economy class" Azad

OOC: changed it accordingly.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed May 05, 2021 1:41 pm

Journalists ask Sikandar Khan questions. "Do you expect to lose seats in the North East, Mr Khan? Is that why you're here?"
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Wed May 05, 2021 1:48 pm

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Journalists ask Sikandar Khan questions. "Do you expect to lose seats in the North East, Mr Khan? Is that why you're here?"

"I'm here for three reasons, 1.because previous governments have failed our Northerners and I want them to know I'm different, 2. They haven't been listened to and I want to listen to them now and 3. Our boys are going through hell and I'd like to show them support as well." said Sikandar Khan

Meanwhile the soldiers at The Stag's Head drink their beer and discuss football.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Wed May 05, 2021 2:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Wed May 05, 2021 2:54 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Journalists ask Sikandar Khan questions. "Do you expect to lose seats in the North East, Mr Khan? Is that why you're here?"

"I'm here for three reasons, 1.because previous governments have failed our Northerners and I want them to know I'm different, 2. They haven't been listened to and I want to listen to them now and 3. Our boys are going through hell and I'd like to show them support as well." said Sikandar Khan

Meanwhile the soldiers at The Stag's Head drink their beer and discuss football.

This is not something the prime minister should have said, especially with the Sedgefield Ball Game tomorrow where the legacy of Blair will be celebrated with the man himself in attendance. It is an admission that New Labour has "failed Northerners", and given that he has been prime minister for years it will lead to "and that's why we should support Ashleigh" and not "he's different".

"'Going through hell'? Are you saying that this area is hell, prime minister?"
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Thu May 06, 2021 7:53 am

Ideal Britain wrote:"I'm here for three reasons, 1.because previous governments have failed our Northerners and I want them to know I'm different, 2. They haven't been listened to and I want to listen to them now and 3. Our boys are going through hell and I'd like to show them support as well." said Sikandar Khan

This is not something the prime minister should have said, especially with the Sedgefield Ball Game tomorrow where the legacy of Blair will be celebrated with the man himself in attendance. It is an admission that New Labour has "failed Northerners", and given that he has been prime minister for years it will lead to "and that's why we should support Ashleigh" and not "he's different".

"No, I'm saying the treatment, the soldiers are going through is hell. People in this area seem remarkably intelligent, their continued low incomes implies a fault in the system which shall be repaired by the increase in high-quality apprenticeships." he says, before ending with the joke "If they were geographically in hell they would be stationed in Swindon".
The soldiers finish their half-pints and leave the pub.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Thu May 06, 2021 8:25 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:This is not something the prime minister should have said, especially with the Sedgefield Ball Game tomorrow where the legacy of Blair will be celebrated with the man himself in attendance. It is an admission that New Labour has "failed Northerners", and given that he has been prime minister for years it will lead to "and that's why we should support Ashleigh" and not "he's different".

"No, I'm saying the treatment, the soldiers are going through is hell. People in this area seem remarkably intelligent, their continued low incomes implies a fault in the system which shall be repaired by the increase in high-quality apprenticeships." he says, before ending with the joke "If they were geographically in hell they would be stationed in Swindon".

Nobody even knows what the prime minister is saying or trying to say by this point, though people in Swindon are probably offended.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Thu May 06, 2021 8:35 am

Ideal Britain wrote:"No, I'm saying the treatment, the soldiers are going through is hell. People in this area seem remarkably intelligent, their continued low incomes implies a fault in the system which shall be repaired by the increase in high-quality apprenticeships." he says, before ending with the joke "If they were geographically in hell they would be stationed in Swindon".

Nobody even knows what the prime minister is saying or trying to say by this point, though people in Swindon are probably offended.

OOC:
Those people clearly know nothing about Swindon.

IC: "Any more questions?" The PM asks the journalists, meanwhile British Army and
(outside Northumbria) police support for the PM is at an all time high. Sikandar Khan is planning to marry a woman from Byker or Walker but hasn't got round to asking his first and current wife for permission yet.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Thu May 06, 2021 10:10 am, edited 3 times in total.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Thu May 06, 2021 12:00 pm

Newcastle-upon-Tyne
The soldiers leave the Stag's Head and meet up with their friends (fellow Scots Guardsmen).The ones on duty are setting up camp in St Lawrence Park, Byker.
Byker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, Kingdom of Great Britain
Sikandar Khan waits for the journalist to ask another question.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Thu May 06, 2021 2:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Thu May 06, 2021 2:07 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Nobody even knows what the prime minister is saying or trying to say by this point, though people in Swindon are probably offended.

OOC:

IC: "Any more questions?" The PM asks the journalists, meanwhile British Army and
(outside Northumbria) police support for the PM is at an all time high. Sikandar Khan is planning to marry a woman from Byker or Walker but hasn't got round to asking his first and current wife for permission yet.

OOC: he can't have two wives
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Thu May 06, 2021 2:32 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:OOC:

OOC: he can't have two wives

OOC: Yes he can it was legalised.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Fri May 07, 2021 5:21 am

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:OOC: he can't have two wives

OOC: Yes he can it was legalised.

OOC: When?
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Fri May 07, 2021 6:50 am

Ideal Britain wrote:OOC: Yes he can it was legalised.

OOC: When?

OOC: 2019.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Fri May 07, 2021 6:53 am

Ideal Britain wrote:Newcastle-upon-Tyne
The soldiers leave the Stag's Head and meet up with their friends (fellow Scots Guardsmen).The ones on duty are setting up camp in St Lawrence Park, Byker.
Byker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, Kingdom of Great Britain
Sikandar Khan waits for the journalist to ask another question.

Army camp, St Lawrence Park, Byker, Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, United Kingdom
The Scots Guards await orders for their deployment.
Thames House, Milbank, London, England, United Kingdom
MI5 finish the file they have been compiling on Alvin Ashleigh, leader of the Northumbria Nationalist Party.
OOC:
What was his occupation before politics?

What academic education does he have?

What military training?

What, if anything, is his criminal record?

Was he ever in any other political parties?
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Fri May 07, 2021 9:43 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents