NATION

PASSWORD

North and South (IC / SEMI-OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Founded: Apr 27, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

North and South (IC / SEMI-OPEN)

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 11:21 am

The year is 2021, but this world is different. In this world, Britain refused to invade Iraq, New Labour remained in power, and the Arab Spring played out very differently with no U.S. intervention and no resurgence in terrorism. Elections are to be held on the 6th of May, and ahead of polling day the growing Northumbrian Nationalist Party has called for a giant rally in Newcastle...
Republic of Northumbria
Bede kinnie — Catgirl appreciator

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,
which comes across as House of Cards by the writers of Mr. Bean."

Ideal Britain
Minister

Founded: Mar 31, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 11:33 am

Sikandar Khan, CB, B.Ing., MSc, MP, the first Muslim Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and a former Weapon Engineering Officer at the rank of Commodore in the Royal Navy, reads a report about the Northumbrian independence movement, "All this effort to get out of fighting in the Congo? What a pile of excrement!" he shouts.

He then get in the car to go to Northumbria along with his daughter Aisha Sikandar Khan (a philosophy lecturer).
His son Muhammad Sikandar Khan is being deployed to the Congo as a Marines officer.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Thu Jun 03, 2021 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
An MT alt-history Britain.
Year: 2021

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 11:34 am

Newcastle-upon-Tyne
United Kingdom

The Northumbrian Nationalists were with less than an hour away preparing for the imminent rally, not just in Newcastle but throughout Northumbria, where Ashleigh's speech would be broadcast on giant screens in cities and towns. Those supporters who were fortunate enough to be attending in person were even now making their way to Newcastle, packing trains from Manchester and Preston to York and Sunderland.

At Newcastle Monument, Alvin Ashleigh, leader of the Northumbrian Nationalist Party, was going over his speech. It was a very good speech; the sort of speech that would be put in pop history books about the '50 Greatest Speeches' and appear as an example in self-help books for public or after-dinner speaking.

As preparations continued for the rally, there was perhaps one thing that might be considered slightly odd. While at large rallies and protests it was not at all uncommon for outside officers to be brought in, this was a very different case: none at all of the police officers were from Northumbria Police.
Last edited by Nationalist Northumbria on Mon May 03, 2021 12:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Northumbria

"The amazing thing is that Tony Blair being shot in the head after running a barricade for inexplicable reasons is one of the most plausible episodes in this RP,

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 11:36 am

OOC: Can America invading Iraq be canon but Tony Blair refused to be involved as he rightly predicted it would lower his popularity?
Just to be realistic about Republicans in America.
Obama didn't invade Libya or armed Syrian rebels in this though.

British mixed-race (white and South Asian) Muslim Pashtun, advocate of Islamic unity.

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 11:40 am

Nationalist Northumbria wrote:
Newcastle-upon-Tyne
United Kingdom

The Northumbrian Nationalists were with less than an hour away preparing for the imminent rally, not just in Newcastle but throughout Northumbria, where Ashleigh's speech would be broadcast on giant screens in cities and towns. Those supporters who were fortunate enough to be attending in person were even now making their way to Newcastle, packing trains from Manchester and Preston to York and Sunderland.

At Newcastle Monument, E. D. Ashleigh, leader of the Northumbrian Nationalist Party, was going over his speech. It was a very good speech; the sort of speech that would be put in pop history books about the '50 Greatest Speeches' and appear as an example in self-help books for public or after-dinner speaking.

As preparations continued for the rally, there was perhaps one thing that might be considered slightly odd. While at large rallies and protests it was not at all uncommon for outside officers to be brought in, this was a very different case: none at all of the police officers were from Northumbria Police.

Reporters from British and international news companies arrive including the BBC, CNN, Fox News and Al-Jazeera but not RT as it is run by the same Russian government that murdered an innocent British woman.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 11:43 am

Ashleigh walked out onto the stage to cheering crowds. "Hello, Northumbrians!" he said. He proceeded to begin his excellent speech.
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 11:56 am

Ideal Britain wrote:Sikandar Khan, CB, Bsc, MP, the first Muslim Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and a former Weapon Engineering Officer at the rank of Commodore in the Royal Navy, reads a report about the Northumbrian independence movement, "All this effort to get out of fighting in the Congo? What a pile of excrement!" he shouts.
He then get in the car to go to Northumbria along with his daughter Aisha Sikandar Khan (a philosophy lecturer).
His son Muhammad Sikandar Khan is being deployed to the Congo as a Marines officer.

As he gets in the car, the prime minister is informed that an agent from MI5 wishes to speak with him.
Last edited by Nationalist Northumbria on Mon May 03, 2021 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 11:57 am

Ideal Britain wrote:Sikandar Khan, CB, Bsc, MP, the first Muslim Prime Minister of the United Kingdom and a former Weapon Engineering Officer at the rank of Commodore in the Royal Navy, reads a report about the Northumbrian independence movement, "All this effort to get out of fighting in the Congo? What a pile of excrement!" he shouts.

As he gets in the car, the prime minister is informed that an agent from MI5 wishes to speak with him.

"Hello", he says greeting the MI5 person, and walking towards them, "What is the threat towards me?" he asks, after walking somewhere else to be more discreet, he is concerned.
OOC: Is the MI5 Intelligence officer male or female?
They're called intelligence officers.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 12:03 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:As he gets in the car, the prime minister is informed that an agent from MI5 wishes to speak with him.

"Hello", he says greeting the MI5 person, and walking towards them, "What is the threat towards me?" he asks, after walking somewhere else to be more discreet, he is concerned.

"Prime Minister," says the intelligence officer. "My name is Philip. Philip Proudfoot. Before we begin I would like to tell you a little about my background, to give some background to what I am about to tell you. I worked as an academic for many years in the Middle East, where I was sponsored by the British Academy. It was at that time I was recruited by the security services. Since then I have had a mission: to infiltrate the Northumbrian independence movement. What I have learnt recently is so shocking, so surprising, that I cannot tell you here. I need to get in the car with you."
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 12:04 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:"Hello", he says greeting the MI5 person, and walking towards them, "What is the threat towards me?" he asks, after walking somewhere else to be more discreet, he is concerned.

"Prime Minister," says the intelligence officer. "My name is Philip. Philip Proudfoot. Before we begin I would like to tell you a little about my background, to give some background to what I am about to tell you. I worked as an academic for many years in the Middle East, where I was sponsored by the British Academy. It was at that time I was recruited by the security services. Since then I have had a mission: to infiltrate the Northumbrian independence movement. What I have learnt recently is so shocking, so surprising, that I cannot tell you here. I need to get in the car with you."

"Surely I can bring my close protection officer with me." says the Prime Minister walking towards the car, he is wearing his Northern Ireland Campaign Medal and his Order of the Bath medal. "Thank you" he continues.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Prime Minister," says the intelligence officer. "My name is Philip. Philip Proudfoot. Before we begin I would like to tell you a little about my background, to give some background to what I am about to tell you. I worked as an academic for many years in the Middle East, where I was sponsored by the British Academy. It was at that time I was recruited by the security services. Since then I have had a mission: to infiltrate the Northumbrian independence movement. What I have learnt recently is so shocking, so surprising, that I cannot tell you here. I need to get in the car with you."

"Surely I can bring my close protection officer with me." says the Prime Minister walking towards the car, he is wearing his Northern Ireland Campaign Medal and his Order of the Bath medal. "Thank you" he continues.

"Of course," says Proudfoot as they get in the car and it begins driving. "Prime Minister, I have uncovered not only one, but two plots by the Northumbrian Nationalists: first of all, they have hijacked the ballot printing machines and all Northern constituencies will be receiving ballots with a referendum on Northumbrian independence in addition to parliamentary candidates. But that is nothing compared to what I am about to tell you. The threat, Prime Minister, is that at the next Sedgefield Ball Game, to be held in just two days time, on the eve of the election, where all Labour leaders have attended annually since Blair in recognition of his accomplishments, they plan to kill you and make it look like an accident: a header gone wrong."
Last edited by Nationalist Northumbria on Mon May 03, 2021 12:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 12:24 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:"Surely I can bring my close protection officer with me." says the Prime Minister walking towards the car, he is wearing his Northern Ireland Campaign Medal and his Order of the Bath medal. "Thank you" he continues.

"Of course," says Proudfoot as they get in the car and it begins driving. "Prime Minister, I have uncovered not only one, but two plots by the Northumbrian Nationalists: first of all, they have hijacked the ballot printing machines and all Northern constituencies will be receiving ballots with a referendum on Northumbrian independence in addition to parliamentary candidates. But that is nothing compared to what I am about to tell you. The threat, Prime Minister, is that at the next Sedgefield Ball Game, to be held in just two days time, on the eve of the election, where all Labour leaders have attended annually since Blair in recognition of his accomplishments, they plan to kill you and make it look like an accident: a header gone wrong."

"Thank you, who are the conspirators? I will order the counter-terrorism command to arrest any conspirators to the assassination, I will also announce a referendum on Northumbrian independence to be held after the Congo War. I am indebted to you." says the PM.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 12:25 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"Of course," says Proudfoot as they get in the car and it begins driving. "Prime Minister, I have uncovered not only one, but two plots by the Northumbrian Nationalists: first of all, they have hijacked the ballot printing machines and all Northern constituencies will be receiving ballots with a referendum on Northumbrian independence in addition to parliamentary candidates. But that is nothing compared to what I am about to tell you. The threat, Prime Minister, is that at the next Sedgefield Ball Game, to be held in just two days time, on the eve of the election, where all Labour leaders have attended annually since Blair in recognition of his accomplishments, they plan to kill you and make it look like an accident: a header gone wrong."

"Thank you, who are the conspirators? I will order the counter-terrorism command to arrest any conspirators to the assassination, I will also announce a referendum on Northumbrian independence to be held after the Congo War. I am indebted to you." says the PM.

"I believe that Alvin Ashleigh himself is involved. And Prime Minister, if I may: I advise not giving in to their demands for a referendum."
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 12:28 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:"Thank you, who are the conspirators? I will order the counter-terrorism command to arrest any conspirators to the assassination, I will also announce a referendum on Northumbrian independence to be held after the Congo War. I am indebted to you." says the PM.

"I believe that Alvin Ashleigh himself is involved. And Prime Minister, if I may: I advise not giving in to their demands for a referendum."

"Thank you for announcement regarding Alvin Ashleigh, regarding the referendum your suggestion has been considered and rejected. Still you'll probably get a knighthood for this." he said.
When he got back to Number 10, he announced a referendum to take place after the Congo War and also told Counter-Terrorism Command to arrest Alvin Ashleigh.
The command's Authorised Firearms Officers drove to Alvin Ashleigh's house and knocked on the door.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 12:30 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:"I believe that Alvin Ashleigh himself is involved. And Prime Minister, if I may: I advise not giving in to their demands for a referendum."

"Thank you for announcement regarding Alvin Ashleigh, regarding the referendum your suggestion has been considered and rejected. Still you'll probably get a knighthood for this." he said.
When he got back to Number 10, he announced a referendum to take place after the Congo War and also told Counter-Terrorism Command to arrest Alvin Ashleigh.
The command's Authorised Firearms Officers drove to Alvin Ashleigh's house and knocked on the door.

Alvin Ashleigh is out doing the speech.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 12:32 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:"Thank you for announcement regarding Alvin Ashleigh, regarding the referendum your suggestion has been considered and rejected. Still you'll probably get a knighthood for this." he said.

Alvin Ashleigh is out doing the speech.

They wait outside his house, singing God Save the Queen and drinking builders' tea, meanwhile they also talk about people they find attractive.
Meanwhile Newcastle-upon-Tyne, England, United Kingdom
The Prime Minister waits till Ashleigh has finished his speech to talk to him about his referendum plan.
Last edited by Ideal Britain on Mon May 03, 2021 12:45 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Alvin Ashleigh is out doing the speech.

They wait outside his house, singing God Save the Queen and drinking builders' tea, meanwhile they also talk about people they find attractive.
Meanwhile Number 10 Downing Street, Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
The Prime Minister discusses the political issues with his advisors, wife and daughter. His son is busy with the Royal Marines.

OOC: I thought the prime minister was going to Northumbria? "He then get in the car to go to Northumbria along with his daughter Aisha Sikandar Khan (a philosophy lecturer)."
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 12:44 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:They wait outside his house, singing God Save the Queen and drinking builders' tea, meanwhile they also talk about people they find attractive.
Meanwhile Number 10 Downing Street, Westminster, London, England, United Kingdom
The Prime Minister discusses the political issues with his advisors, wife and daughter. His son is busy with the Royal Marines.

OOC: I thought the prime minister was going to Northumbria? "He then get in the car to go to Northumbria along with his daughter Aisha Sikandar Khan (a philosophy lecturer)."

OOC: oh yeah.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 12:50 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:Alvin Ashleigh is out doing the speech.

The Prime Minister waits till Ashleigh has finished his speech to talk to him about his referendum plan.

OOC: How did the prime minister get there so quickly?
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 12:51 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:They wait outside his house, singing God Save the Queen and drinking builders' tea, meanwhile they also talk about people they find attractive.

OOC: How did the prime minister get there so quickly?

OOC: no I’m skipping things in between the MI5 chat and the speech to avoid boring details.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 12:59 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:OOC: How did the prime minister get there so quickly?

OOC: no I’m skipping things in between the MI5 chat and the speech to avoid boring details.

OOC: Well, we should be skipping to after the speech, assuming that idk he drove to a helicopter which flew to an airport and then got a plane to Newcastle.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 1:02 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:OOC: no I’m skipping things in between the MI5 chat and the speech to avoid boring details.

OOC: Well, we should be skipping to after the speech, assuming that idk he drove to a helicopter which flew to an airport and then got a plane to Newcastle.

OOC: ok.

IC:
Once Alvin Ashleigh arrives back from the speech the Tactical Firearms Commander of the Counter-Terrorist Firearms Officers at his house says on his megaphone “you are under arrest for conspiracy to murder contrary to the Criminal Law Act of 1977.”
Police marksmen aim their firearms at his chest.

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 1:05 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:
Nationalist Northumbria wrote:OOC: Well, we should be skipping to after the speech, assuming that idk he drove to a helicopter which flew to an airport and then got a plane to Newcastle.

OOC: ok.

IC:
Once Alvin Ashleigh arrives back from the speech the Tactical Firearms Commander of the Counter-Terrorist Firearms Officers at his house says on his megaphone “you are under arrest for conspiracy to murder contrary to the Criminal Law Act of 1977.”

The crowds of supporters who have accompanied him back to his house in Walker are horrified by this. They begin to shout, but Ashleigh holds up a hand for silence. "I'll come quietly," he says. And he does, though not 'quietly'. "I am innocent of whatever charges they have fabricated against me," he tells his supporters as he is arrested. "This is a last-ditch attempt to discredit us before the elections and we will be vindicated!"
Republic of Northumbria

Nationalist Northumbria
Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Nationalist Northumbria » Mon May 03, 2021 1:06 pm

At the afterparty in Newcastle Monument, word quickly spreads to the protesters that Ashleigh has been arrested. The techno version of Blaydon Races played over the speakers dies down as people begin hearing the news. Word of what has happened spreads all across Northumbria.
Republic of Northumbria

Ideal Britain
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ideal Britain » Mon May 03, 2021 1:08 pm

Ideal Britain wrote:OOC: ok.

IC:

The crowds of supporters who have accompanied him back to his house in Walker are horrified by this. They begin to shout, but Ashleigh holds up a hand for silence. "I'll come quietly," he says. And he does, though not 'quietly'. "I am innocent of whatever charges they have fabricated against me," he tells his supporters as he is arrested. "This is a last-ditch attempt to discredit us before the elections and we will be vindicated!"

The Police gently handcuff him and lead him away to the nearest police station, thanking him for his cooperation. They then apply for a search warrant to look in his house for firearms, explosives or materials which glorifies terrorism and also apply for another search warrant for his phone records and browsing history.

Next

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents