NATION

PASSWORD

The Scorn of Éllinas (Sign up/Always OPEN/OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Founded: Jan 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

The Scorn of Éllinas (Sign up/Always OPEN/OOC)

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:52 pm

Éllinas

"What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others."--Pericles
"The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing."--Socrates
"Quality is not an act, it is a habit."--Aristotle
"Rage—Goddess, sing the rage of Peleus’ son Achilles,
murderous, doomed, that cost the Achaeans countless losses,
hurling down to the House of Death so many sturdy souls,
great fighters’ souls, but made their bodies carrion,
feasts for the dogs and birds,
and the will of Zeus was moving toward its end.
Begin, Muse, when the two first broke and clashed,
Agamemnon lord of men and brilliant Achilles."
-Illiad
"There is nothing alive more agonized than man
of all that breathe and crawl across the earth."
-Zeus, Illiad
ONCE WE HAVE AT LEAST 8 PLAYERS, WE WILL COMMENCE THE RP!
Ah what wonders the Ancient Greeks of before have gathered.
We have Socrates and Aristotle!
The Spartans and Athenians!
Children being left in jars or the countryside!
If anything, one thing that is great, is just how we can rp with them.
Now when I say Greek, I also include the City of Troy.
This is set when iron and bronze were both being used, but all city states are just that.
City states.
The participating will be the only contestants but trade can happen among the barbaric.
Agoges may sound fun for your people! Who knows?
Whatever it is, it is up to you, and your people to make your journey happen.
Of course, as the OP I shall play the Athinaioi of Athina.
Rules
*No one player can begin with more than one city. You must take it by force.
*No magic for Greeks sake! This isnt fantasy!
*General NS and Forum rules, that means no flamers, godders, ect
*Please do try and connect your lore with other players if you are. Either tele them or some other way and change up the bio.
*No population over 100,000. My population wont even be at 100,000 even though I am Athens!
*A general no more than 6% military size goes into effect. That means if I have a pop of 100,000, then I have 6,000 troops. This rule will wither away after two days of the IC Forum.
*No post lower than 5 sentences. This will be beautifully constructed and I want it to be remembered as such.

Major gods:

Father god
Areitoshma- The king of the gods is no simple task, and the Agamptha is his playground. He is to have said to create the universe with his six arms from a strand of silk and amongst that, created the twelve worlds in what he deemed his own thoughts. Amongst this, he cut his finger on a rock and thus created the four gods of Agamptha. He is the god of the eternal marriages, the earth, fire, volcanoes, blacksmiths and the day. People say that the Blacksmith wakes up and strikes his hammer at the dawn of the sun because the luck of The Blacksmith draws them to be. Areitoshma married the beautiful star goddess, Beushida when the universe was still young. He was attracted to Beushida and is said by mythology to have tried to impress her by shapeshifting into the massive beasts he hath created when life began and she simply told him, "My love is not won by showing but by humility and grace." Thus the egotistical god became the humble dog in which now the Earth god of terrifying worth and who controlled the very sun now had the canine as his patron animal. His jewel is the diamond because it may look beautiful and clear but on the outside lies a sharp sting that can hurt. His temple is adorned in diamonds and his followers always have dogs with them as pets. His worship happens in the Spring so that Areitoshma may bless the harvest. His children are Radempe and Illiah. Lastly he controls the day sky and time.
Major gods
Beushida- The most beautiful goddess, and the most stroven for. Though many came before her, she denied them because her heart lied somewhere else. She could not find the one yet and then she met Areitoshma from which she was molded from his finger and was struck with passion. She, however, was smart and didnt want to seem as a trophy so she had him try to prove for his love for her humbly. She saw him change into the most ferocious beasts but in the end she told him that humility was better than pride. She is the goddess of wisdom, the weather, justice, humility and fertility. She is as told to have enjoyed her time on the newly created Earth so much that she made her patron animal the dolphin. Her most notoble moment was when she gave birth to the mighty gods Radempe and Illiah. Her Jewel is Peridot. Her temples are adorned wth them and her followers are the sacrificers of animals and her time of worship is in the fall. She is also the goddess of the night and the stars.

Gagemspt- god of war, strife and battle lines, and anger, he is the god you call upon when your sword meets flesh. He is also the god of love and aging among other things and is like Hermes. He is the god of healing, and education. They say that from his loins with his wife Tryah, he birthed the rest of the major gods or the Younger gods and then in return birthed half of the minor gods. When he was born with ferocious thunder and from Beushida shot a rock and a young god standing with outstanding health sprung forth. A sword and shield in hands. His patron animal is the bull and his jewel is the ruby. His followers are the philosiphers and warriors and his worship time is in the winter. He also is the god that created humans and thus is why he is also the god of humans. He shaped them from the very tooth that fell from his mouth one day.

Tryah- She is the mighty goddess of the sea and oceans and controls the very whims of the creatures within. She is a mighty and terryfing goddess with very little mercy and amongst it she attracted the god Gagemspt and he was adorned with her. She is the youngest amongst them all and is prayed upon by the saliors and fishermen and her patron animal is the salmon and her jewel the Sapphire. Her time of worship is in the summer.

[b]The major gods are the only in which that can be worshipped and are officially around Gi Ton Opadon(As the continent is called) and by officially worshiped I mean they are the only ones with seasons for worship times. this means that they themselves control that season

Younger gods and goddesses
(The youngers have two exact things they have under their realm except Medtun, the god of death and Helshep (hell))
Medtun- Medtun is the first born of Gagempst and is known as the god of death, anguish, disease, famine, darkness, the four Juins (hells), Helshpet (Upper Hell), Duhelshpet (Lower Hell), Grapet (Giant hell), Dugrapet (Lower Giant Hell) and the minerals below the Agamptha. It is said that when Tryah gave birth to him, the whole area grew dark and the gods shivered in fear. He was then given diminion under the Agamptha and given control of the Juins so that they wouldn't see him. Eventually after a bitter fight in which he cut off the left leg of Gagempst (replaced by a golden mechanical leg made by his father, Aeirtoshma) he was given a throne on the first Agamptha, Guald Agamptha (god's world). When this happened, the five at the time agreed to only allow the Younger next to only have two roles in the Agampthas and the minors to only have one. His patron animal is the vulture and his jewel is the Tiger's Eye. His followers have his temples adorned with marbles shaped in human skulls and they sacrafice animals and at some points, humans themselves. He is the last god to have a worship period and it from the first full moon of the year and for the next three full moons.

Piplayah- She is the goddess of love and hard work and she was born born after Gagempst's leg landed in the water in which it made Tryah pregnent with Piplayah. She was said to have made the very animals around her lustful and wanting her. Her temples are adorned in her jewel of Tanzanite and her patron animal is the sheep and has been known to have gone around the Agampthas causing troubles.

Dedruntrah- The god of crafting and mythilogical creatures, he rules the Agamthas, Ruam (Mythilogical World), Graten (Giant's world), and the Agamptha Sarien (Human World). His patron animal is the Giant and his jewel is the Emerald. He has two magical hands from when th eternal five-headed dragon, Trubatha, bit them off.

Oial- The goddess of rain and new harvest is the goddess farmers also call upon for successful harvest. Her patron animal is the horse and her symbol is the wheat stalk.

Unrald- The only god born from the younger gods he is the offspring of Medtun and is the judge of souls in the Juin Courtroom. His other thing is that he transports souls to the Juins or the Hyuins (Heavens). His patron animal is the snake and his symbol is coal.

Miat- This goddess is the goddess of the hearths and fireplaces and her patron animal is the fire giant and her patron symbol is a burning ember.

Gelp- This is the god of thunder and vengence and his patron animal is the lion while his jewel is the Pyrite.

Yuan- The goddess of wealth and coinage her patron animal is the donkey and her jewel is gold. She is also the youngest of the younger gods.[/b]

Guald Agamptha= God World (Main world of the gods)
Throrn Yun= Throne Room (Throne Room of the gods)
Librustat= Library of the gods
Hyuins=Heavens
Agamptha Sarien=Human World
Agamptha Graten=Giant's World
Agamptha Ruam=Mythilogical World
Juins=Hells
Helshep=Upper Hell
Duhelshep=Lower Hell (Reserved for the cursed, evil and murderers)
Grapet= Giant Hell (Mythilogical Creatures other than Giants dissolve)(Except Dragons)
Dugrapet=Lower Giant Hell
Mythilogical Creatures To Know (Total Three[Giant/Dragon/Snake]
Giant: The Giant Hortamos was created when his blunder was launched from Tryah and he was born when he landed. Accepted by noone, he created a whole new Agamptha from air and forged a new speices of giants.
Dragon:Trubatha the Eternal is a dragon that flies from world to world causing havok and creating creatures such as the Massive Snake, Kilame.
Snake:Kilame is a massive snake tamed by the gods which wraps itself around Guald Agamptha and protects them by asking travellers why they are there. It has the power to sense lies and thus eats the liers and evil.

Code: Select all
Nation Name:
Nation Location:(Area of citystate)
Head of Nation:
Ideology:
Population:(Between 4,000 and 100,000)
National Flag:(In detail or image)
Nation Major God:(Minor gods must have to be followed by the rule of only one attribute)
Short Backstory:(A humble oddessy of your people, nation and history)
City State Basing From:(Should be obvious in some but go ahead and make up names)
Military and Navy Size:(10% rule on this)
Additional Info:(Like mythology, heros and whatnot. Please make these up and be creative)
I read the Rules:
Last edited by Qwertyuiopa on Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:54 pm

Players:
Qwertyuiopa-Athinaioi Empire(Democratic Monarchy) Patron god/goddess: Aeirtoshma
Indiana Controlled Florida- Wertain Kingdom(Absolute Monarchy) Patron god/goddess: Gelp
Last edited by Qwertyuiopa on Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 pm, edited 3 times in total.

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Wed Mar 24, 2021 9:57 pm

I have decided to make the list of the tweleve major gods people can use, but so all know I call dibs on the King of gods, Areitoshma

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Mon Mar 29, 2021 3:31 pm

/bump major gods completed, and the twelve Agampthas are going to be next along with the daily culture of the area.
If you are making a minor god or goddess, please understand that it must come from one of the YOUNGER GODS (Unless your the first two to make it from Gagempst and Tryah) and they can only have one trait not already written by them!

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Mon Mar 29, 2021 5:30 pm

Nation Name: Athinaioi Empire
Nation Location:(It is Northern Macedonia and Greece with Western Turkey) (Area of citystate) Istanbul Province
Head of Nation: King Tyelaor
Ideology: Democratic Monarchism
Population:(Between 4,000 and 100,000) 97,500
National Flag: Red flag with golden eagles and a cross on it
Nation Major God: Aeirtoshma
The people of Athinaioi are very humble but are also skilled in war and its navy, they have proved it time and time again as it has defeated its near nieghbors in great battles. They also approve of science greatly and have throughout their history have created many grea philosophers. Along this, they are hardy merchents that haggle trades constantly.
The nation itself is one that values education and its navy and a quote from one traveller and I quote, "A city of wealth, trade and the modern example for all.".
The nations history says that the city was formed by Aeirtoshma in his image and that the people even survived the early days when the Yunaoao invaded. The nation has proved again and again how it survives.
City State Basing From: Athens
Military and Navy Size: 9,750 Total
5363 in its navy
1st Fleet: 1363 people
2cd Fleet: 2,000 people
3rd Fleet: 2,000 people
4388 people in the army
Additional Info:N/A.
Tbh Im very tired so Ill make it later, I promise(Like mythology, heros and whatnot. Please make these up and be creative)
I read the Rules:I made the rules!
Last edited by Qwertyuiopa on Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:59 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Indiana Controlled Florida
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 20, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:43 pm

Nation Name:Wertain
Nation Location:(Area of citystate) Where the city of Troy was
Head of Nation: Astroi Foly
Ideology: Absolute Monarchy
Population:(Between 4,000 and 100,000) 31,000
National Flag:(In detail or image)A bird in the middle with a stick in its mouth and a blue background
Nation Major God:(You can use minor gods but Athena is already taken by me)Gelp- God of thunder
The nation is very peaceful and is very poor and has been in a economic depression from its founding until present
City State Basing From:(Should be obvious in some but go ahead and make up names)?
Military and Navy Size:(Ok I lied, you can have 10% in these)?
Additional Info:(Like mythology, heros and whatnot. Please make these up and be creative) The hero of Wertain,Zacker, was a true legend. It was told that he blocked the enemy’s from crossing the bridge of the city with his bare hands.
I read the Rules:Yes

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:51 pm

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:Nation Name:Wertain
National Flag:(In detail or image)A bird in the middle with a stick in its mouth and a blue background
Nation Major God:(You can use minor gods but Athena is already taken by me)Gelp- God of thunder
The nation is very peaceful and is very poor and has been in a economic depression from its founding until present
City State Basing From:(Should be obvious in some but go ahead and make up names)?
Additional Info:(Like mythology, heros and whatnot. Please make these up and be creative) The hero of Wertain,Zacker, was a true legend. It was told that he blocked the enemy’s from crossing the bridge of the city with his bare hands.

The military and navy size you take your pop and then 10% it and thats the size of your entire military.
The city basing from is what city state from Ancient Greece your basing from. Like mine Athnaioi Empire is obviously Athens. Also the god of thunder is... Beushida the goddess of weather

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:02 pm

Qwertyuiopa wrote:
Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:Nation Name:Wertain

The military and navy size you take your pop and then 10% it and thats the size of your entire military.
The city basing from is what city state from Ancient Greece your basing from. Like mine Athnaioi Empire is obviously Athens. Also the god of thunder is... Beushida the goddess of weather

This is what you wrote
Gelp- This is the god of thunder and vengence and his patron animal is the lion while his jewel is the Pyrite.

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:03 pm

Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:
Qwertyuiopa wrote:The military and navy size you take your pop and then 10% it and thats the size of your entire military.

This is what you wrote

Oh! Didnt notice, Im sorry I just wrote alot and lose track lol
Accepted

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:05 pm

Qwertyuiopa wrote:
Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:This is what you wrote

Oh! Didnt notice, Im sorry I just wrote alot and lose track lol
Accepted

Ok.

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:08 pm

Qwertyuiopa wrote:Oh! Didnt notice, Im sorry I just wrote alot and lose track lol
Accepted

Ok.

Ill get your land claim (Cool idea btw, but players can also accept SOME land in Northern Africa) in and I will also create the IC Forum when 8 players are accepted

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:11 pm

Qwertyuiopa wrote:
Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:Ok.

Ill get your land claim (Cool idea btw, but players can also accept SOME land in Northern Africa) in and I will also create the IC Forum when 8 players are accepted

OOC:you have a map?

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:14 pm

Qwertyuiopa wrote:Ill get your land claim (Cool idea btw, but players can also accept SOME land in Northern Africa) in and I will also create the IC Forum when 8 players are accepted

OOC:you have a map?

Yes I do, as soon as I get home from school I will put your claim in

Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Indiana Controlled Florida » Tue Mar 30, 2021 2:14 pm

Qwertyuiopa wrote:
Indiana Controlled Florida wrote:OOC:you have a map?

Yes I do, as soon as I get home from school I will put your claim in

Ok

SouthCarolina
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SouthCarolina » Tue Mar 30, 2021 4:42 pm

Nation Name: Kingdom of Rhodes
Nation Location:(Area of citystate) South West of Turkey, Island with city Rhodes on it
Head of Nation: Estiban the Peacemaker
Ideology: Monarchy.
Population:(Between 4,000 and 100,000) 23,000
National Flag:(In detail or image) https://imgur.com/a/oBx7g3s
Nation Major God:(Minor gods must have to be followed by the rule of only one attribute) Europa, God of the Stars
Short Backstory:(A humble oddessy of your people, nation and history) Tribal nation, people united after decades of war. Tensions are high within the nation.
City State Basing From:(Should be obvious in some but go ahead and make up names) Rhodes
Military and Navy Size:(10% rule on this) 2.5% for each
Additional Info:(Like mythology, heros and whatnot. Please make these up and be creative) It is believed that every five years, the god “Europa”, the god of the stars, will come visit the nation at night. Everybody worships this god, but never remembers anything from the night Europa visits.
I read the Rules: Yes.
Catoliaca Carolinian!

Qwertyuiopa
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Qwertyuiopa » Wed Mar 31, 2021 9:29 am

SouthCarolina wrote:Nation Name: Kingdom of Rhodes
Nation Location:(Area of citystate) South West of Turkey, Island with city Rhodes on it
Nation Major God:(Minor gods must have to be followed by the rule of only one attribute) Europa, God of the Stars
Short Backstory:(A humble oddessy of your people, nation and history) Tribal nation, people united after decades of war. Tensions are high within the nation.
City State Basing From:(Should be obvious in some but go ahead and make up names) Rhodes
Additional Info:(Like mythology, heros and whatnot. Please make these up and be creative) It is believed that every five years, the god “Europa”, the god of the stars, will come visit the nation at night. Everybody worships this god, but never remembers anything from the night Europa visits.

Accepted

SouthCarolina
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby SouthCarolina » Wed Mar 31, 2021 5:28 pm

Qwertyuiopa wrote:
SouthCarolina wrote:Nation Name: Kingdom of Rhodes

Accepted

Thanks. I’m bored, can we start? If so I would like to say that Rhodes is divided in 5 states, representing the tribes.
1. Hipuahic
2. Sudwesia
3. Coforni
4. Yunisoc
5. Uytakek
Catoliaca Carolinian!

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents