NATION

PASSWORD

Tropical Rot (MT | OOC | Open)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Bolslania
Minister

Founded: Mar 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Bolslania » Tue Feb 23, 2021 6:43 am

Besides the fact that its just not a good idea

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:48 am

Mind if I add a sex worker charity group?

Trust me, they're there to provide outreach and support for sex workers, nothing else.

Just don't mind Palmyrian intelligence community riding along to use the sex worker charity cause as a cover.
Last edited by Palmyrion on Tue Feb 23, 2021 9:49 am, edited 2 times in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Dernel
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Dernel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:24 am

For the record, my subs are in the area around the islands, just they don't have propellers, and also they aren't moving. Rather just listening. Also, lasers don't work very well underwater, you'd be better off sticking a speaker into the water and hoping they hear that as a hail.
By Sword, Shield, and Flask.

Check out my stuff, it's in my factbooks, I put quite a lot of work in them, so if you have questions about my nation, it should be there! If those don't answer your questions, or just bring up more questions as they are generally under work, feel free to TG me.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:33 am

Modern subs tend to use pump jets rather than just screws IIRC
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:39 am

Dernel wrote:For the record, my subs are in the area around the islands, just they don't have propellers, and also they aren't moving. Rather just listening. Also, lasers don't work very well underwater, you'd be better off sticking a speaker into the water and hoping they hear that as a hail.

All of your subs have pump jets correct? Not just the guided missile subs?

Palmyrion
Minister

Founded: Mar 04, 2015
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Palmyrion » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:41 am

Dernel wrote:For the record, my subs are in the area around the islands, just they don't have propellers, and also they aren't moving. Rather just listening. Also, lasers don't work very well underwater, you'd be better off sticking a speaker into the water and hoping they hear that as a hail.

Yanno, my idea was to have them park someplace near the island.

I figure they would park 30km from the shores, wherein they go dead slow to conduct reconnaissance. It's quite far, but in terms of SIGINT you can still make out maritime radar.

I've got a good submarine post which I will be using as a basis for what I intend to do, but as I'm typing this it's bedtime for me already. Laters.

Bolslania wrote:

Pump jets still make noise though.
Last edited by Palmyrion on Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
__PALMYRION: INTO THE PALMYRO-VERSE__
Greater Dienstad (NSMT) | Kali Yuga (Hard MT) | Dark Lightshow (2100s PMT) | Niteo (AD 5000 FT) | Screwed Reality
Diplomatic Outreach Programme | The Dozen Giants | Storefront | Discord Server
A 15.83 civilization, according to this index.

NS stats have been [REDACTED] into a [DATA EXPUNGED].
Ostroeuropa refuses to answer this question: do women deserve equal rights in your opinion?

Dernel
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Dernel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 11:48 am

Bolslania wrote:

I only have one sub

Palmyrion wrote:

Yanno, my idea was to have them park someplace near the island.

I figure they would park 30km from the shores, wherein they go dead slow to conduct reconnaissance. It's quite far, but in terms of SIGINT you can still make out maritime radar.

I've got a good submarine post which I will be using as a basis for what I intend to do, but as I'm typing this it's bedtime for me already. Laters.

Bolslania wrote:

They do, but considerably less noise than a prop.
Light dissipates extremely quickly in water, about 500m i believe almost all light is dissipated, now, they are beaming a laser through 26km of water, its unlikely the sub will ever receive that.

Check out my stuff, it's in my factbooks, I put quite a lot of work in them, so if you have questions about my nation, it should be there! If those don't answer your questions, or just bring up more questions as they are generally under work, feel free to TG me.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:06 pm

Dernel wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

I only have one sub

Palmyrion wrote:Yanno, my idea was to have them park someplace near the island.

Light dissipates extremely quickly in water, about 500m i believe almost all light is dissipated, now, they are beaming a laser through 26km of water, its unlikely the sub will ever receive that.

Thats why I'm switching to Palmyrion's suggestion, which is dropping a speaker in the water and hoping they pick up the transmission. And my destroyer is pretty close to the sub

Dernel
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Dernel » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:10 pm

Bolslania wrote:
Dernel wrote:I only have one sub

Thats why I'm switching to Palmyrion's suggestion, which is dropping a speaker in the water and hoping they pick up the transmission. And my destroyer is pretty close to the sub

My suggestion, but sounds good.
Last edited by Dernel on Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Tue Feb 23, 2021 12:16 pm

Dernel wrote:
Bolslania wrote:

My suggestion, but sounds good.

For some reason my brain got you two mixed up.

Brain go brrrrrrrrr

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Tue Feb 23, 2021 3:18 pm

Trenaka, WURCo. was offering to buy you out, not cooperate.

"You give a monkey a stick, inevitably he’ll beat another monkey to death with it."
— Sadavir Errinwright, Expanse S2E12
"Вечнасць для Czaslyudiya!"
Federal Republic of Czaslyudian Peoples

A corrupt, Post-Soviet anocracy whose de facto third branch of government is an arms manufacturer.
Sponsoring this signature
We're also the Czaslyudian Peoples now. Don't ask.

Trenaka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Tue Feb 23, 2021 5:16 pm

Oh, give me a few minutes to edit my post
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

A unitary constitutional monarchy in Central Europe.
Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Bisexual atheist and social democrat.

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:37 am

I might be a bit late on this but why the hell is Hans Gruber in the RP

"You give a monkey a stick, inevitably he’ll beat another monkey to death with it."

A corrupt, Post-Soviet anocracy whose de facto third branch of government is an arms manufacturer.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Founded: May 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:44 am

Nation Name (Full): The United States of Earth Allies
Capital: San Fransico
Leader Title/Leader Name: President Hayden R. Magnifico
Population:1.473 billion
-
Government’s Stance on Islands: 24 islands off the coast of Laguna Beach. Both countries
Total Military Personnel: 24% of the whole army
Forces Able to be deployed (Optional): 1st Armored, 1st infantry Division, 1st Cavalry Division, USS Gene Kranz, USS Eishower
Aid Sent (Optional):
Last edited by Earth Allies on Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
World Health Organization
Part of the ICDN
Earth-1: HRM is head of Starfleet
Earth-NS: NS Forum, HRM is President of Earth Allies

Chads Bizarre Adventure wrote:You always make the best RPs 8)

To boldly..[Insert something here]

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:46 am

Earth Allies wrote:Nation Name (Full): The United States of Earth Allies
-
Government’s Stance on Islands: 24 islands off the coast of Laguna Beach
Forces Able to be deployed (Optional): 1st Armored, 1st infantry Division, 1st Cavalry Division, USS Gene Kranz, USS Eishower
Aid Sent (Optional):

The "Government Stance on Islands" field is how your government will respond to the plight of the Richting Atoll and Kupferlands Islands, as described in detail in the OP.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Thu Feb 25, 2021 11:56 am

Cossack Peoples wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:Nation Name (Full): The United States of Earth Allies
-
Government’s Stance on Islands: 24 islands off the coast of Laguna Beach
Aid Sent (Optional):

The "Government Stance on Islands" field is how your government will respond to the plight of the Richting Atoll and Kupferlands Islands, as described in detail in the OP.

Oh sorry
Part of the ICDN

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:44 pm

Earth Allies wrote:Oh sorry

It seems you didn't finish your sentence

In addition, you may want to tone down your forces. I doubt you'll fit a division anywhere near the islands.
Last edited by Cossack Peoples on Thu Feb 25, 2021 12:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Earth Allies
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Earth Allies » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:05 pm

Cossack Peoples wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:Oh sorry

It seems you didn't finish your sentence

In addition, you may want to tone down your forces. I doubt you'll fit a division anywhere near the islands.

Ok, I´m done with a war already, Aircraft carrier USS Enterprise comes in. Well I can bring it to Enterprise
Part of the ICDN

The Crowned Republic
Lobbyist

Founded: Feb 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby The Crowned Republic » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:45 pm

Earth Allies wrote:
Cossack Peoples wrote:It seems you didn't finish your sentence

Ok, I´m done with a war already, Aircraft carrier USS Enterprise comes in. Well I can bring it to Enterprise

I think it's useful to note that it seems to be group consensus that this RP here isn't a military-writing boxing arena, hence that conflict is not immediate, sudden, and is challengeable by the receiving end in some shape or form (unless some discrepancy is made clear) before things possibly go down into chaos. We've already retconned two nations who suddenly went in and practically god-modded - having a third would best be avoided.

Trenaka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Thu Feb 25, 2021 1:57 pm

I agree. This RP is more suited to economic and political shenanigans than military conflict.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

A unitary constitutional monarchy in Central Europe.
Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Bisexual atheist and social democrat.

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:16 pm

"Yes, we've had one conflict over these shite islands, but what about a second conflict?"

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:32 pm

I have my own plans to wring more profit out of the islands
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Dernel
Spokesperson

Corporate Police State

Postby Dernel » Thu Feb 25, 2021 2:56 pm

The Crowned Republic wrote:
Earth Allies wrote:Ok, I´m done with a war already, Aircraft carrier USS Enterprise comes in. Well I can bring it to Enterprise

I think it's useful to note that it seems to be group consensus that this RP here isn't a military-writing boxing arena, hence that conflict is not immediate, sudden, and is challengeable by the receiving end in some shape or form (unless some discrepancy is made clear) before things possibly go down into chaos. We've already retconned two nations who suddenly went in and practically god-modded - having a third would best be avoided.

Praised be the one with morals. Because I know I can't be bothered.

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:13 pm

I feel like I should stop putting little (messages like these), but I've put out a post in case you were waiting.

Bolslania
Minister

Postby Bolslania » Thu Feb 25, 2021 3:35 pm

I want to point out that the Foreign Legion is responsible for having bases all over the world, and probably wouldn't need to use the Cossack airbase to fly in its supplies.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents