NATION

PASSWORD

Trenakan Colonial Insurgency (IC/MT/OPEN)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 11, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Wed Jan 20, 2021 9:52 am

Svenska-Britannia wrote:
Norrington has been staring at the Live-Imagery Screen for a while now, and he notices a Large Complex just a few kilometers away from the Capital City. Norrington would guess that the Rebels or whatever foreign supporter are there would definetly use it as a base of operations.

He considers the choices he could do: Either send in Sol Squadron to take out the Facility and risk getting shot down by AA/SAM Fire, Use Naval Bombardment to soften up the defences, or THAT

Seeing no other choice, Norrington presses a button next to his ear.

"HMSBS Sealion.....prepare for strike package.."

HMSBS Sealion, Jager Class Submarine
The Sealion's captain would recieve the strike package order and would command the XO to have their authorizations readied.
"Strike Package: Bearing: 030, Coordinates: Alpha-Golf Two-One-Eight" Norrington would order from his Comms.

"Authorization Code?" the Sealion captain requested.
"Kilo-Bravo-Charlie-Foxtrot-Romeo" Norrington would confirm.

the Captain & his XO would confirm the Authorization and would release the safety of the Missile Bay Doors

Underwater, the Sealion's Missile Silo would open.

"By your Command Rear Admiral.." the Captain would state.

HMSBS Atlantic, Bridge
The men & women on the bridge stared at Norrington, they knew he's going to do it. The bridge was so silent.

Norrington weighed upon the choice he was gonna make, but he has to do it.
"Strike Package, Launch.." He gave the order.

A few seconds later a large missile would emerge from out of the water and rapidly streak into the sky.
Norrington watched as the missile then adjusted its course towards the Target.

The Missile then sped past the Hyper-Sonic Barrier, streaking away at the target rapidly.

Few moments later, the missile hit.

A Massive Thermobaric Explosion would be seen few kilometers away from the Capital City.
A Non-Nuclear Mushroom cloud would start rising over the sky, with pillars of flames still raging on the ground.

Norrington just launched a Large Thermobaric Missile Strike at the Military Command operations Base of the rebels and completely obliterated it off the face of the earth by only guessing as what it could be.

The sonar operator had been listening so intently into their head ever since they had heard the clunk. Granted, it wasn't so much of a clunk as much as it was a wumph, but it had got him sitting up in his chair. However, it was only one little trickle of sound in the vast ocean of ambiance. Could very well have been a mine meeting its target, but there was no way to be sure.

Captain Kolomiyets entered the room quietly, as to not disturb the sonar operators in the command center of the Marshal Panas Kryvenko.

"What's the word?" He asked.

"Some sonar contact, approximately 9 klicks off. No acoustic signature match on it yet."

"Are we sure it's a vessel?"

"No way to be absolutely sure."

The captain nodded, before walking off. "Keep at it." They had been sent into the area after receiving orders from the Natalia Denisov on their comms buoy, and had during the last day traveled to reconnoiter the Trenakan colony of the Kupferlands.

The sonar operator acknowledged it, and turned up the sensitivity of their headset-- after all, sailor's superstition stated there were things a human ear could pick up that no sonar would ever be capable of. While not entirely disproved as a superstition, however, it was proven to have been unnecessary in the span of just a few moments. The sonar operator seemed to jump in their seat, flinging off their headset onto their control panel, bringing their hands to their ears.

"Massive sonar contact, sir!" The operator half-shouted. Captain Kolomiyets strode over, hunching over the chair of the sonar station-- on the display, it identified the acoustic signature of a ballistic weapons launch.

"Брехня!" The captain hissed.

It was submariner policy to sink any ballistic missile submarine they encountered-- and they would have, given that they knew what they were listening to. It must have been silo doors opening that initiated their interest, and the launch of the missile gave them a clear identifier of the position and heading of the submarine.

"Ready tubes 1-4. Launch Oseter torps, now!"

The launch of the torpedoes was hardly a rattle against the ship's structure as the torpedoes left their tubes, being controlled via wire for the first part of their journey-- however, they were at such short range from the enemy submarine that the wires could be used to guide the torpedo directly to its destination, only utilizing the torpedo's active sonar array to help maneuver the munition.

"Deploy decoys-- let's not give leave ourselves vulnerable."

From tubes along the dorsal side of the Marshal Panas Kryvenko, a single Vidlunnya decoy was ejected, engaging its flotation device and staying at a consistent depth, waiting for incoming torpedos. Meanwhile, the active arrays of the four torpedoes closed in on the detected submarine, the closer they got, the less effective sonar quieting became. They were spread out in a 2 x 2 grid, careful not to overlap their wires until 2 km from the destination, where they would detach.

Captian Kolomiyets wiped his head-- it was, after all, the first combat he'd seen.

"You give a monkey a stick, inevitably he’ll beat another monkey to death with it."
— Sadavir Errinwright, Expanse S2E12
"Вечнасць для Czaslyudiya!"
Federal Republic of Czaslyudian Peoples

A corrupt, Post-Soviet anocracy whose de facto third branch of government is an arms manufacturer.
Sponsoring this signature
We're also the Czaslyudian Peoples now. Don't ask.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:05 am

Cossack Peoples wrote:
Mevraq wrote:Southwest of the Richting Atoll

Task Force Crimson steadily sailed northeast towards the Richting Atoll. For two days now, the fleet had been operating at combat conditions. This was an active warzone. The pro-Trenakan forces were numerically stronger, but there was still heavy fighting on and around the islands. Task Force Crimson had a simple mandate: secure the waters around the Richting Atoll and cut off the nationalists and their foreign supporters from resupply or reinforcements.

The two minesweepers led the task force, given that Intelligence was pretty sure mines were being used. In the skies above, fighters from the MPS Nataniel Kahlon kept up a combat air patrol.

This is Vice-Admiral Harun Shotel of the Mevraqi People's Navy, here to oppose the nationalist insurgency and protect the people of Trenaka. Please advise us of your current situation.

Unless those mines are some super-secret weapon you haven't used before, the general range is probably known to other nations' militaries. Since they're torpedo-based, their range is probably similar to standard Cossack torpedoes. Of course, even if the Mevraqis know that there are minefields, they don't know where they are...

OOC: Those mines haven't actually been discovered yet, nor have they been classified as any nation's.

OOC: I am just wondering how the hell you fortified an island to that degree so fast. As for equipment, think F-35Cs and for missiles, the X-51 Waverider
My nation does, with the exception of random policies, represent my OOC views.
Founder of CUSP | Join CUSP Today!
Breaking News: High Consul Andrews shot. Condition uncertain.

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.
I have done a lot of worldbuilding. I am bringing it in very slowly.

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:24 am

Lacienia wrote:
Cossack Peoples wrote:OOC: Those mines haven't actually been discovered yet, nor have they been classified as any nation's.

OOC: I am just wondering how the hell you fortified an island to that degree so fast. As for equipment, think F-35Cs and for missiles, the X-51 Waverider

OOC: I mean, everyone seemed to have their attention fixed on bombarding the Kupferlands (and still do, as it seems), so it wasn't really that hard to supply an island 321 kilometers away with just straight up shipments of equipment. We got lots of time to prepare, and they're really just slapped together defenses. Just mobile SAM batteries that could set up in less than 40 minutes. Mines that deploy right out the torp tube. Land-based anti-ship missile batteries strapped on the backs of trucks or trailers. There was a combined effort between legitimate government forces mining the waters and corporate effort to throw as many weapons as they could to the rebels and their WURCo. boots on-site.

And you're sending us research rockets? Thanks?

"You give a monkey a stick, inevitably he’ll beat another monkey to death with it."

A corrupt, Post-Soviet anocracy whose de facto third branch of government is an arms manufacturer.

Old Tanokiana
Envoy

Founded: Jan 18, 2020
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Old Tanokiana » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:27 am

OOC: I considered civilian casualties, that's why I didn't just straight up nuke the islands. Do i get good boy points, Cossack?
PT-MT Nation used to be a representation of my views, NS stats are used rarely
Former Member of: CUSP, UIC
TG me if something's off. I'll probably rewrite my lore when I get to it, if I get to it lol

NOT TO BE CONFUSED WITH THE RUSSIAN CZAR | Old Tanokiana is an Orthodox Greco-Frankish nation located in modern day Lower Saxony, Germany.

Lacienia
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Lacienia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:44 am

Cossack Peoples wrote:
Lacienia wrote:OOC: I am just wondering how the hell you fortified an island to that degree so fast. As for equipment, think F-35Cs and for missiles, the X-51 Waverider

OOC: I mean, everyone seemed to have their attention fixed on bombarding the Kupferlands (and still do, as it seems), so it wasn't really that hard to supply an island 321 kilometers away with just straight up shipments of equipment. We got lots of time to prepare, and they're really just slapped together defenses. Just mobile SAM batteries that could set up in less than 40 minutes. Mines that deploy right out the torp tube. Land-based anti-ship missile batteries strapped on the backs of trucks or trailers. There was a combined effort between legitimate government forces mining the waters and corporate effort to throw as many weapons as they could to the rebels and their WURCo. boots on-site.

And you're sending us research rockets? Thanks?

Not research rockets form nation. We are slightly more advanced than the. modern world. 2030s-2040s
My nation does, with the exception of random policies, represent my OOC views.
Founder of CUSP | Join CUSP Today!
Breaking News: High Consul Andrews shot. Condition uncertain.

A small mountainous island at roughly 60.4 N latitude (Iceland). We are an MT-PMT colonial nation. Our leader is chosen for their merits and has near-absolute power as long as the constitution is upheld.
I have done a lot of worldbuilding. I am bringing it in very slowly.

Dernel
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Dernel » Wed Jan 20, 2021 10:47 am

Lacienia wrote:The CIWS cannons began firing almost immediately. Explosions could be seen as several missiles were blow up in the sky. Chaff was also launched into the air by the SRBOC launchers. Of the fourteen missiles, only five made it to their targets. The missiles that hit however, were quite deadly. A Lacienian transport ship was hit and resulted in the loss of 750 artillerymen. Three destroyers were also hit, of their collective 900 crew members, 780 died. A missile frigate was hit as well, that resulted in 200 deaths. Some falling debris from the missiles managed to trigger some of the mines which then aided the minesweeping effort.

The Lacienian aircraft carrier, the LCS Honor, began scrambling a wing of aircraft (20). These aircraft were to begin bombing of the missile launching facilities and gun emplacements. In addition, the remaining five missile frigates began firing a hail of cruise missiles at the rebel facilities. The cruisers and destroyers attempted some shots with their railgun, but found the atoll just out of range.

Admiral Panerelli was still mad about the fact he couldn't take The Aldington into the fight, but none-the-less was willing to fight. He stood near the center of the helm of the bridge of the Gram class cruiser The Nomen, where the display table shined the map and all known positions of enemies and friendlies. While he was watching he noticed a few fast moving targets pop-up on the table before disappearing or colliding with others. The table then pinged several signatures of high magnetic sources, the ships scopes pulled up live feeds of it. They showed what seemed to be poorly made railguns, he watched as they fell short of reaching 20km to hit their targets. He laughed. The Dernellian vessels massively outranged the enemies counterparts. Either that, or the enemies had new levels of incompetence to not be able to put enough energy into their guns.

"Keep current heading and load weapons, we should be firing soon."

Cossack Peoples wrote:
The 5P149 air defense system's L-band air search radar swept across the horizon, picking up perhaps three flights of aircraft; it signaled its sister unit, who turned on their radar; as they were closer to the targets, they began detecting upwards of fifty aircraft, distance 200 kilometers, velocity 1030 km/h, altitude 9,831 meters.

The fighters, closing in, soon came under the attack of Yastrub PHO-953 surface-to-air missiles launched from positions that they until now had thought to be abandoned. The missiles, approaching hypersonic speeds as they shed their quick-burn first stage, struck two aircraft before they had time to deploy countermeasures. An incoming barrage of these missiles swarmed their radars, while their munitions were engaged by formerly concealed 5P103 batteries, striking bombs, missiles, and the unlucky aircraft themselves. As incoming cruise missiles bore down on the island, four more 5P103 systems lit up their radars, assessing the airspace and engaging the low-flying cruise missiles as they peaked over the horizon with 30mm autocannons and agile Klyuvka-1250 surface-to-air missiles. The 5P103's purpose was to protect larger air defense systems like the "Maslowski", and that is precisely what it did.

The Rear cannons of the two Gram class cruisers would have AA rounds loaded to prevent any incoming munitions from hitting target. A risky, but valuable idea had come up the chain of command from one of the men operating on the RORO barge, since it was transporting the DRMA, and it was a fairly stable craft, why not use the DRMA to fire from the RORO? Panerelli liked the idea, he ordered 6 of the DRMA to unfold and load AA rounds to counter incoming munitions should any arise. He almost felt bad for the sailors near all the radar units. Other than that he had the rest of the fifteen Excalibur's and front cannons of the two Gram class prepare to fire on enemy vessels. A mixture of Cluster and solid Slugs was loaded between the vessels. Once the Gram class entered range, the Excalibur class which were 10km ahead would also be in range. It would be a simultaneous first volley, aimed for engines, weapons and batteries, to prevent the enemies from maneuvering as fast as possible, they would have no idea that the Dernellians would fire on them, but after that they were sitting targets.

The Admiral and other commanding officers had taken care to ensure that the fleet had looked like it was just passing by, as Dernel had never announced its interest in the pseudo-war. On their current path they would just barely enter their firing range while looking like they were just heading east to another destination. After entering the firing range the Dernellian vessels would combat turn and continue firing until the main forces near the Atoll were gone.

Panerelli looked at the display table before seeing all main vessels were in range.

"Are weapons loaded and charged?"
"Yessir!" An officer snapped back slurring words together.
Panerelli took a deep breath in before yelling "Fire!"

He could hear the clank of the autoloaders slamming the sabot-covered shells into their breaches before a brief whine followed by a thud of an electrical switch connecting and then the explosion that was the round being accelerated at ungodly speeds. In the first volley alone 21 shells were sent, in another 6 seconds 6 more, 4 seconds 15 more, and so on. This was the start of hostilities that showed a new group had entered the fight. The Dernellians.
By Sword, Shield, and Flask.

Check out my stuff, it's in my factbooks, I put quite a lot of work in them, so if you have questions about my nation, it should be there! If those don't answer your questions, or just bring up more questions as they are generally under work, feel free to TG me.

Occentia
Attaché

Founded: Jan 19, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Occentia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:13 am

CNTV Broadcast - 19 Jan 2021

..as we cut back into our foreign relations correspondent, Brian Ditko, currently in front of the Grey House. Brian, how's it going?

Grey House, Washington

"Well, Steve, it's been rather uneventful thus far. Chancellor Reynolds is set to address us and the nation in a few moments regarding the outbreak of massive hostilities in Trenaka. Word is, he's gotten approval from the Emperor to do... something. We'll find out shortly, he's coming out now."

The camera pans to the podium, where Chancellor Reynolds stands.

"Greetings. Only a few days ago, right-wing nationalists in the Kupferlands and Richting Atoll have decided to seize control of Trenakan territory and secede from their nation. At the behest and approval of our Emperor, and the recommendation of our intelligence service OSIRIS, the government has decided that it would be in the best will of the nation that a large task force of our finest sailors and soldiers would sail to the area and see any conflict resolved.

En route at the moment are five ships and one brigade of Task Force LONGBOW, our operational name for this intervention. Additional forces may come from Occentian Forces Indochina. The Trenakans have welcomed our contribution to their war effort, and we stand united to clean up any last vestiges of Nazism from this world. God save the Emperor."
Somewhere above Richting Atoll

"Up and at it boys! The Jungle's coming to bite your ass!"

Lieutenant Markins woke from his slumber. The rumbling noises of the Ghost Hawk reverberated around him and woke him into consciousness. Only a few days ago, he was enjoying his liberty at Changi Naval Base, in Singapore. Never would he have thought that the situation would have changed so quickly.

The captain shouted again to the huddled group. "Listen up! Us six are from here on out going to be called Detachment ALPHA. We'll be dropped on the south tip of the Richting Atoll. From there, it's only a short walk to get to our AO. Any questions?"

Markins was pondering how he got here. Fastroping into a hostile zone full of Nazis was precisely what he thought of when he first signed up for CTRG. One could say it was a wish come true.

"None. Saddle up!"

The group donned their thermally-masked helmets. Switching the safeties off their MX rifles and screwing on their suppressors, the captain signaled to the pilot that they were go to drop. Even at the minuscule altitude of 10 meters above sea level, there was some considerable risk involved in their insertion. While the Ghost Hawk had the RCS of a pebble, was quiet as they come, and thermal presence of a lump of coal, it was still risky to hot-drop into a combat zone owing to the massive amounts of AA presence set up there by the Cossacks. The doors opened, and a green light shone illuminated the passenger cabin. Ropes were slung off of the helicopter and into the dark jungle below.

"GO, GO, GO!"

Markins grabbed the rope and slid down into oblivion.
Naval Station Hong Kong, Hong Kong City-State

Admiral Watkins surveyed his command on the foredeck. The 17th SAG comprised of one cruiser, two destroyers, and a frigate.

In any case, he was still proud of his role. Kennedy was one of the newest ships in the navy, and trusting it to him was no small task. Furthermore, he would have operational command over TF Longbow for the time being.

Retiring back to the bridge, he observed as the ship set off at the head of the formation, the largest force assembled in over a decade. Only history will decide what'll become of it.
Last edited by Occentia on Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:18 pm, edited 8 times in total.
EMPIRE OF OCCENTIA
An early 21st Century MT superpower. | Member of CUSP and LITA

Emperor: David III | Chancellor: Bradley Reynolds (LDP-IL) | Speaker: Andrew Rao (Con-CA)
We do not use NS stats. Please use our factbooks.

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:27 am

Occentia wrote:
CNTV Broadcast - 19 Jan 2021

..as we cut back into our foreign relations correspondent, Brian Ditko, currently in front of the Grey House. Brian, how's it going?

Grey House, Washington

"Well, Steve, it's been rather uneventful thus far. Chancellor Reynolds is set to address us and the nation in a few moments regarding the outbreak of massive hostilities in Trenaka. Word is, he's gotten approval from the Emperor to do... something. We'll find out shortly, he's coming out now."

The camera pans to the podium, where Chancellor Reynolds stands.

"Greetings. Only a few days ago, right-wing nationalists in the Kupferlands and Richting Atoll have decided to seize control of Trenakan territory and secede from their nation. At the behest and approval of our Emperor, and the recommendation of our intelligence service OSIRIS, the government has decided that it would be in the best will of the nation that a large task force of our finest sailors and soldiers would sail to the area and see any conflict resolved.

En route at the moment are four ships and one brigade of Task Force LONGBOW, our operational name for this intervention. Additional forces may come from Occentian Forces Pacific. The Trenakans have welcomed our contribution to their war effort, and we stand united to clean up any last vestiges of Nazism from this world. God save the Emperor."
Somewhere above Richting Atoll

"Up and at it boys! The Jungle's coming to bite your ass!"

Lieutenant Markins woke from his slumber. The rumbling noises of the Ghost Hawk reverberated around him and woke him into consciousness. Only a few days ago, he was enjoying his liberty at Changi Naval Base, in Singapore. Never would he have thought that the situation would have changed so quickly.

The captain shouted again to the huddled group. "Listen up! Us six are from here on out going to be called Detachment ALPHA. We'll be dropped on the south tip of the Richting Atoll. From there, it's only a short walk to get to our AO. Any questions?"

Markins was pondering how he got here. Fastroping into a hostile zone full of Nazis was precisely what he thought of when he first signed up for CTRG. One could say it was a wish come true.

"None. Saddle up!"

The group donned their thermally-masked helmets. Switching the safeties off their MX rifles and screwing on their suppressors, the captain signaled to the pilot that they were go to drop. While the Ghost Hawk had the RCS of a pebble and thermal presence of a lump of coal, it was still risky to hot-drop into a combat zone owing to the massive amounts of AA presence set up there by the Russians. The doors opened, and a green light shone illuminated the passenger cabin. Ropes were slung off of the helicopter and into the dark jungle below.

"GO, GO, GO!"

Markins grabbed the rope and slid down into oblivion.

OOC: 1, we're not Russian. 2, you would have gotten awfully close to air defense systems with electro-optical sights and high-frequency radar for that low-observable aircraft to still work. It's a small island, friend.

Occentia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Occentia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:35 am

OOC: 1, we're not Russian. 2, you would have gotten awfully close to air defense systems with electro-optical sights and high-frequency radar for that low-observable aircraft to still work. It's a small island, friend.

OOC: Will fix 1
2: it's just a stealth black hawk, not that large of an aircraft. it's pretty much the arma 3 ghost hawk, and I wouldn't know the size of the island bc there aren't any geographic maps with a scale. apologies for any inaccuracies, but I still see a minuscule insertion feasible.
EMPIRE OF OCCENTIA

Emperor: David III | Chancellor: Bradley Reynolds (LDP-IL) | Speaker: Andrew Rao (Con-CA)

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:50 am

Occentia wrote:

2: it's just a stealth black hawk, not that large of an aircraft. it's pretty much the arma 3 ghost hawk, and I wouldn't know the size of the island bc there aren't any geographic maps with a scale. apologies for any inaccuracies, but I still see a minuscule insertion feasible.

OOC: Oh, it's a helicopter? Let me tell you, helicopters do not into stealth very good. Perhaps its the large rotors making consistent revolutions, reflecting radar waves in a very distinctive manner that makes them easily recognizable, regardless of the airframe of the aircraft. Perhaps its also the noise. And it really doesn't matter what you write down in your developing factbooks, it just doesn't change the basic characteristics of helicopters. And isn't the ARMA 3 Ghost Hawk exceptionally easy to spot?

Occentia
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Occentia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 11:58 am

OOC: Oh, it's a helicopter? Let me tell you, helicopters do not into stealth very good. Perhaps its the large rotors making consistent revolutions, reflecting radar waves in a very distinctive manner that makes them easily recognizable, regardless of the airframe of the aircraft. Perhaps its also the noise. And it really doesn't matter what you write down in your developing factbooks, it just doesn't change the basic characteristics of helicopters. And isn't the ARMA 3 Ghost Hawk exceptionally easy to spot?
OOC: I don't see the merit in arguing these relatively minuscule details here. In addition, I don't really see the point in your condescending language to everyone, we're just trying to RP here. I will say that we do have stealth helicopters, even IRL- Israel has used stealthy helicopters (according to a Pentagon analyst) to infiltrate Iran before. If you really insist on being a hard-ass, I'll retcon active SEAD pods, such as the ones on the Growler as being affixed to the helicopter's hull. That way, we can jam your radar transmissions (albeit for a little while, undetected) and insert troops.
Last edited by Occentia on Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:00 pm, edited 2 times in total.
EMPIRE OF OCCENTIA

Cossack Peoples
Diplomat

Corporate Police State

Postby Cossack Peoples » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:10 pm

Occentia wrote:
OOC: I don't see the merit in arguing these relatively minuscule details here. In addition, I don't really see the point in your condescending language to everyone, we're just trying to RP here. I will say that we do have stealth helicopters, even IRL- Israel has used stealthy helicopters (according to a Pentagon analyst) to infiltrate Iran before. If you really insist on being a hard-ass, I'll retcon active SEAD pods, such as the ones on the Growler as being affixed to the helicopter's hull. That way, we can jam your radar transmissions (albeit for a little while, undetected) and insert troops.

OOC: Iran kinda do be living in the stone age tho

But okay, I'll let this through just for the sake of moving the roleplay forward. But be warned, the rebels (the number of which I am not sure of, Trenaka should really establish the population of these islands as well as scale, like you said) have more firepower than you with only rifles. And special forces may have better training, but a regiment of mechanized or dug-in infantry with machine guns will win against a regiment of special forces any day. That is, in a one-on-one fight. So you'll have to be surgical.

Dernel
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 21, 2019
Corporate Police State

Postby Dernel » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:15 pm

Occentia wrote:

OOC: First, miniscule details matter, they matter a lot, and the ones being argued here are over whether your helicopter is above an island, or at the bottom of an ocean. Second, just because something is classified as stealth, doesn't make it stealthy, see SR71 for details. Third, I mean, come on, it's Iran. They don't exactly scream state-of-the-art technology. Fourth, jamming the radar would be considerably worse because that would alert them to your presence. Which at that point, thermals would likely be used, and well... good luck hiding the exhaust of a stationary helicopter.
By Sword, Shield, and Flask.

Check out my stuff, it's in my factbooks, I put quite a lot of work in them, so if you have questions about my nation, it should be there! If those don't answer your questions, or just bring up more questions as they are generally under work, feel free to TG me.

Crysuko
Negotiator

Founded: Feb 26, 2013
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Crysuko » Wed Jan 20, 2021 12:42 pm

Military Intelligence Service (MIS) detatchment aboard the aircraft carrier CSS Bastonaxi.
2 shadowy figures discuss the situation.
"we have sat maps of the conflicted area, but not much regarding the disposition of forces. international response seems lukewarm, but there's no way we're the only ones in on this"
"it's tenuous, yes. my concern is that the majority will side with the central government, and this'll just be a flash in the pan"
"it's our job to prevent that, and I think I know how"
a document was slid across the table. both men smiled, and not a single word more was spoken.

Meanwhile, on the command deck.
Admiral Salazat was getting impatient, the last few destroyers and submarines were still 12 hours out, and the expeditionary force was still embarking on the transports. it would be at least 24 to 30 hours until they could be underway, and another 3 days until they reached the area. A principled man who insisted on pinpoint timing, this was giving him a headache, as he continued to pace uneasily through the CIC. Breaking this reverie, a crewman approached him, silently handing him a sealed envelope for his eyes only. Going to his office and closing the bulkhead door behind him, he opened it and unfolded the document within.

His eyes widened, and his hands trembled. His discipline was steely, but the heinous contents of this document would shake anyone to their core...
Quotes:
Xilonite wrote: cookies are heresy.

Kelinfort wrote:
Ethel mermania wrote:A terrorist attack on a disabled center doesn't make a lot of sense, unless to show no one is safe.

This will take some time to figure out, i am afraid.

"No one is safe, not even your most vulnerable and insecure!"

Cesopium wrote:Welp let's hope armies of 10 million don't just roam around and Soviet their way through everything.

Yugoslav Memes wrote:
Victoriala II wrote:Ur mom has value

one week ban for flaming xd

Dumb Ideologies wrote:Much better than the kulak smoothies. Their texture was suspiciously grainy.

Official thread euthanologist
I USE Qs INSTEAD OF Qs

Crabaiaia
Ambassador

Founded: Apr 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Building Trenches

Postby Crabaiaia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:27 pm

Colonel Chelsea Sinclair is in charge of the entire deployment, she is currently taking remote command from Laker City. She is to command the general strategy for war in the Trenakan Colonies. She has chosen, good old trench warfare.

Major Izaak Shields is in charge of the 1st Battalion for the Mission in the Trenakan Colonies stationed in the Richting Atoll. They are currently stationed in the Southernmost Island where the 2nd largest insurgency in the area is taking place.

He had ordered for a trench system to encircle the entire insurgency area, when the troops first arrived. 50% of the system is complete as tanks and APVs try to stop the rebels from pushing them back.

As of now, no soldier had died yet but battle may begin someday.

Major Phoebe Coleman is in charge of the 2nd Battalion for the Mission in the Trenakan Colonies stationed in the Kupferlands. They are currently stationed in the Southeastern end of the Largest Island.

She had also done the same with Major Shields but this time, she only wants the trench systems to encircle 75% of the Insurgency Area to let the rebels have a little bit of room to escape through the sea, where they will be attacked by shark-infested waters.

Currently the rebels have chosen to let the Crabaiaians build their trench, because they are so conservative, that they need to follow the fair tradition of having a fair duel. /s (The real reason is because they have enough food within the area that they don't need to attack the Crabaiaians for blocking their supposed food access)

Her battalion is done with 66% of the system. Because she requires a smaller trench due to a coastal advantage.

Crabaiaia's trench system is based on a concept of WW1 trenches

• A Primary Trench is the trench where the firestep and machinegunners are.
  • The Secondary Trench is where reinforcements are located
  • A tertiary trench is there for communication between soldiers and their commanding officer.
The trench walls are coated with mesh fencing and a ladder for soldiers to climb into the Battlefield.

The Tanks and APVs sit at the very back of the system ready to roll, just in case.

The trench walls are also slanted so that the tanks and APVs can easily roll out, if the surface area of the wheels succumb to the width of the trench.
Ally of LITA, Member of DCS

An LGBTQ+ Catholic Boy with some Agnostic and Atheists Friend, Jehovah's Witnesses is a cult and you will NEVER change my mind

NS Stats FTW
NEWS: Draft Abolished. Chanist Football League postponed until rosters are finalized. Protests at an all-time low. Current IC weather: Windy 7.5℃

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:28 pm

Crabaiaia wrote:
Colonel Chelsea Sinclair is in charge of the entire deployment, she is currently taking remote command from Laker City. She is to command the general strategy for war in the Trenakan Colonies. She has chosen, good old trench warfare.

Major Izaak Shields is in charge of the 1st Battalion for the Mission in the Trenakan Colonies stationed in the Richting Atoll. They are currently stationed in the Southernmost Island where the 2nd largest insurgency in the area is taking place.

He had ordered for a trench system to encircle the entire insurgency area, when the troops first arrived. 50% of the system is complete as tanks and APVs try to stop the rebels from pushing them back.

Major Phoebe Coleman is in charge of the 2nd Battalion for the Mission in the Trenakan Colonies stationed in the Kupferlands. They are currently stationed in the Southeastern end of the Largest Island.

She had also done the same with Major Shields but this time, she only wants the trench systems to encircle 75% of the Insurgency Area to let the rebels have a little bit of room to escape through the sea, where they will be attacked by shark-infested waters.

Currently the rebels have chosen to let the Crabaiaians build their trench, because they are so conservative, that they need to follow the fair tradition of having a fair duel. /s (The real reason is because they have enough food within the area that they don't need to attack the Crabaiaians for blocking their supposed food access)

Her battalion is done with 66% of the system. Because she requires a smaller trench due to a coastal advantage.

• A tertiary trench is there for communication between soldiers and their commanding officer.
The trench walls are coated with mesh fencing and a ladder for soldiers to climb into the Battlefield.

The Tanks and APVs sit at the very back of the system ready to roll, just in case.

The trench walls are also slanted so that the tanks and APVs can easily roll out, if the surface area of the wheels succumb to the width of the trench.

OOC: You know there are a whole bunch of mines right?

Crabaiaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crabaiaia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:31 pm

Romextly wrote:
Crabaiaia wrote:

OOC: You know there are a whole bunch of mines right?

OOC: Hey, if digging trenches mean we can find the mines, that surely is a win-win, right?

An LGBTQ+ Catholic Boy with some Agnostic and Atheists Friend, Jehovah's Witnesses is a cult and you will NEVER change my mind

NS Stats FTW
NEWS: Draft Abolished. Chanist Football League postponed until rosters are finalized. Protests at an all-time low. Current IC weather: Windy 7.5℃

Trenaka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 18, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Trenaka » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:38 pm

Svenska-Britannia wrote:
"Have your Fighter & Bombers coordinate with the 68th Experimental 'Sol' Squadron in Maintaining Air-Superiority and Eliminating Hostile Anti-Air Artillery and SAM Sites, We will support you with Naval Bombardment from the Vanguards."

”Alright. Our paratrooper planes have arrived, along with the supplies, and we are ready for the operation.
The Kingdom of Trenaka
Königreich Trenaka

A unitary constitutional monarchy in Central Europe.
Anthem
Trenakan National News: Trenaka withdraws from the GENA, joins the IFC -:- King Frederick II dissolves Parliament, calls new election on Chancellor Friedel’s request.

Bisexual atheist and social democrat.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:41 pm

Crabaiaia wrote:
Romextly wrote:OOC: You know there are a whole bunch of mines right?

OOC: Hey, if digging trenches mean we can find the mines, that surely is a win-win, right?

OOC: Mines in the water. Tjhat's why the coalition forces haven't landed

Crabaiaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crabaiaia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:42 pm

Romextly wrote:
Crabaiaia wrote:OOC: Hey, if digging trenches mean we can find the mines, that surely is a win-win, right?

OOC: Mines in the water. Tjhat's why the coalition forces haven't landed

OOC: We dropped them in from the air like maniacs.

NS Stats FTW

Crabaiaia
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Crabaiaia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:44 pm

Anyways, would you like us to help clear the mines?

NS Stats FTW

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:52 pm

Crabaiaia wrote:
Romextly wrote:OOC: Mines in the water. Tjhat's why the coalition forces haven't landed

OOC: We dropped them in from the air like maniacs.

OOC: Still, AA guns

South Americanastan
Minister

Founded: Jun 26, 2019
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby South Americanastan » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:56 pm

OOC: I mean, we used choppers to deploy troops on the kupferlands since we completely flattened their batteries
"If it's stupid and it works, it's not stupid"
My Embassy Program
Proud “Effie”
HOME OF THE BEST BASEBALL TEAM IN THE GREY WARDENS

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Corporate Police State

Postby Romextly » Wed Jan 20, 2021 6:57 pm

South Americanastan wrote:OOC: I mean, we used choppers to deploy troops on the kupferlands since we completely flattened their batteries

OOC: How?

Svenska-Britannia
Diplomat

Founded: May 29, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Svenska-Britannia » Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:02 pm

The Tachyon Sensor Operator payed close attention to his system and keeping a close eye on things, when suddenly the system bleeped in alarm showing multiple fast moving objects 9 kilometers and closing in fast on the Sealion.
"Captain! Multiple Objects in the Water! Torpedoes!" The Sensor Operator stated.
"Hard to Port, Engage Electronic Jammers and Torpedo Countermeasures!" The Captain would state.

The sealion then turned hard to port, and seemingly facing the direction of the Torpedoes
"Retaliate! Open Torpedoes 1 through 5 and Launch!"
The Sealion then launched a Barrage of 5 Sub-Sonic Torpedoes which immediately streaked through the water and reached their top speed of 300 kilometers per hour in just 5 seconds and would activate their Active Tachyon Sensors.

The Sealion activated his Electronic & Torpedo Countermeasures, releasing electronic decoys and mirroring the sealion in terms of signature.
The Electronic Jammers did their thing, locating the hostile torpedoes and would initiate their Jamming of the torpedoes.

The Captain hoped that the Electronic Jammers would do their work, and prayed to whatever higher being that it did work.
"5 Kilometers and closing fast!" the Sensor Operator stated.
The crew were quiet and nervous.

"2 Kilometers!" the Captain held his breath.

Then after what seemed to be like forever, the Torpedoes would miss the Sealion by barely a few meters and would fall for the Electronic Jammers and Torpedo Countermeasures.

The crew would sigh in relief, the captain did as well. Being glad that the hostile torpedoes managed to miss.

Now he hoped the Sub-Sonic Torpedoes he sent were going to deliver the same mark.
Last edited by Svenska-Britannia on Wed Jan 20, 2021 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Svenska-Britannia: A Global Confederation composed of multiple independent nations being led by an Imperial State with one goal in mind: Unity

FT Tech Nation
An [8.6 Power Number] civilization, according to this index.

A 60.0 [Index Score] Nation in The International Democracy Index

News: R A D I O - S I L E N C E

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents