NATION

PASSWORD

Political Dissident & LGBT Activist Assassinated (OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Dayganistan
Ambassador

Founded: May 02, 2016
Father Knows Best State

Postby Dayganistan » Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:06 am

This seems to be a quality RP that escaped my eyes in the sea of one-liner spam and I may be looking to get involved. Dayganistan isn't exactly a pro-LGBT nation (although being LGBT and engaging in homosexual acts is legal for consenting adults) and has a very flawed democracy, so the government was well aware that condemning Cassadia for assassinating a pro-LGBT political dissident would be hypocritical when we're a nation that jails political dissidents who go too far.

Dayganistan is however strongly opposed to religious government, and dunking on theocracies and/or states sliding in that direction is something most of the public can generally get behind. Dayganistan is also against slavery. Dayganistan would condemn Cassadia as a state which is stuck in the past, resorting to desperate measures in an attempt to maintain their system through fear and violence. Initially this would take the form of a government statement. This would shortly after lead to an intelligence officer of the National Directorate of Security being inserted into Cassadia. My story for them involves them being captured at some point, and a direct action team from the NDS (Four men max, plainclothes operators with short barrel carbines) has to be inserted into Cassadia to attempt to rescue them. This is followed by Dayganistan terminating any relations with Cassadia, and officially refusing to involve itself in Cassadian affairs any further unless our citizens are threatened. Unofficially, since there's been discussion of a volunteer division, I would like to have an approximately company sized force within that which officially are volunteers, but in reality they are a squadron of Naval Special Warfare operators with attachments from other services. However, since in my canon for Dayganistan I'm a regional power in Central Asia/Middle East along the lines of Turkey I'm not sure how realistic inserting an intelligence officer and black ops team would necessarily be, but the "volunteer" company could probably work out.
Last edited by Dayganistan on Mon Mar 01, 2021 11:09 am, edited 1 time in total.
Republic of Dayganistan | جمهوری دهقانستان

A secular, Tajik dominated state in Central Asia which has experienced 40 years of democratic backsliding. NS stats are NOT used.

Qassadia
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Mon Mar 01, 2021 4:32 pm

Dayganistan wrote:This seems to be a quality RP that escaped my eyes in the sea of one-liner spam and I may be looking to get involved. Dayganistan isn't exactly a pro-LGBT nation (although being LGBT and engaging in homosexual acts is legal for consenting adults) and has a very flawed democracy, so the government was well aware that condemning Cassadia for assassinating a pro-LGBT political dissident would be hypocritical when we're a nation that jails political dissidents who go too far.

Dayganistan is however strongly opposed to religious government, and dunking on theocracies and/or states sliding in that direction is something most of the public can generally get behind. Dayganistan is also against slavery. Dayganistan would condemn Cassadia as a state which is stuck in the past, resorting to desperate measures in an attempt to maintain their system through fear and violence. Initially this would take the form of a government statement. This would shortly after lead to an intelligence officer of the National Directorate of Security being inserted into Cassadia. My story for them involves them being captured at some point, and a direct action team from the NDS (Four men max, plainclothes operators with short barrel carbines) has to be inserted into Cassadia to attempt to rescue them. This is followed by Dayganistan terminating any relations with Cassadia, and officially refusing to involve itself in Cassadian affairs any further unless our citizens are threatened. Unofficially, since there's been discussion of a volunteer division, I would like to have an approximately company sized force within that which officially are volunteers, but in reality they are a squadron of Naval Special Warfare operators with attachments from other services. However, since in my canon for Dayganistan I'm a regional power in Central Asia/Middle East along the lines of Turkey I'm not sure how realistic inserting an intelligence officer and black ops team would necessarily be, but the "volunteer" company could probably work out.

Now that is a proposal I have not seen in quite a while. Before I begin, let me tell you that I appreciate your proposal -- it definitely appears you've invested quality thought and effort into this. I commend you for that.

While I agree on having your nation enter this dispute in the manner of actions you have stipulated --somehow inserting a wannabe-SEAL team into Cassadia in some daredevil attempt to get back your spy will end in absolute disaster. I am open about this though, and I would love to discuss this further with you (over in Discord of course).

Other than that, you're A-ok, and your request to participate in my thread is ACCEPTED.

Welcome aboard the crazy train >:)

“All men are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born of weak body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory. That’s why there are wars, violence, and unrest.”Emperor Charles (VII) Von Peacecraft

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:36 am

Time to do something.

Edit: Let's assume that I replied to McNernia's message concerning trade because I'm not gonna make a reply in my next post, as it has nothing to do with the topic of the thread.
Last edited by Langenia on Tue Mar 16, 2021 6:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Founded: Dec 08, 2014
Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:34 am

I just wanted to say that Qassadia's latest piece, with the Empress and the bodyguard, was brilliant. I especially loved the music you accompanied with it; one thing you have a talent of doing, Qassadia, is vividly bringing the reader into picturing your nation's dark, sinister world, cloaked in the velvet gloves of beauty.

You do, though, have a problem with run-on sentences. Remember to break up your words with periods, semicolons, and commas.
Jesus loves you and died for you!
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
"NOOKULAR" STOCKPILE: 701,033 fission and dropping, 7 fusion.
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

Proctopeo wrote:anarcho-von habsburgism

Lillorainen wrote:"Tengri's balls, [do] boys really never grow up?!"
Nuroblav wrote:On the contrary! Seize the means of ROBOT ARMS!
News ticker (updated 4/6/2024 AD):

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Fri Mar 26, 2021 9:38 am

There's one thing I don't get, though.

The Empress has every authority to marry whatever man she seeks to marry. While she is cheating on her fiance, that's not a crime in Qassadia (or TurtleShroom), unless they still use the Iron Age system of divorcing a betrothal (as Joseph feared he would have to do).

Why, then, shouldn't she end her relationship with her fiance and wed her bodyguard? She's a virgin, she's unmarried, and the man technically is a knight. I say this because, as primitive as Qassadia is, the year is 2021 AD and there is no longer a need to marry off for a strategic alliance to Poland.

The Empress' power is beyond reproach. I say that she should follow her rotten, black heart.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter
CM wrote:Have I reached peak enlightened centrism yet? I'm getting chills just thinking about taking an actual position.

As TS adapts to new normal, large flagellant sects remain -|- TurtleShroom forfeits imperial dignity -|- "Skibidi Toilet" creator awarded highest artistic honor for contributions to wholesome family entertainment (obscene gestures cut out)

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Sat Mar 27, 2021 7:42 am

First things, first; I would like to begin by saying that I have been deeply humbled by your genuine admission of my supposed artistic literary talents, even though it's nowhere near as quarter good as those of other role players, whether it is on this site, or anywhere else.

Besides, my supposed talent makes the writing skills of an 8th grader look like Leo Tolstoy compared to those that I try to create half of the time.

But now, I have to address some things which I either failed to break out to you or must be stuck having these perceptions about Cassadia which must have been carved into your consciousness permanently.

1. Divorce, either as a theological and legal entity simply does not exist in the Cassadian legal justice system, and especially all things of morality, are governed by the tenants of the Cassadian Orthodox Church and its own interpretation of the Bible, and on - in this case, divorce; viewed as an "unpardonable sin" to divorce one's spouse for any reason, so long as either one is still alive. Which rests upon this specific verse found in the Bible; Malachi 2:16. Upon which rests all the general interpretation of all other verses surrounding the issue of divorce.

"For I hate divorce,” says the Lord, the God of Israel, “and him who covers his garment with violence,” says the Lord of armies. “So be careful about your spirit, that you do not deal treacherously.”

1.2 As for adultery; unlike over in your nation. The social crime of adultery is a criminal offense, however, its legal sanction can vary from judge panel to judge panel in that punishment for this crime can be quite diverse; ranging from fines, community service, house arrest, and performing penance in a monstery all the way to a prison sentence in a penal colony and death.

Due to the increased influence of the UCNL in Cassadia's justice system, the latter type of severity has been on the rise when it comes to giving verdicts to this social crime alongside others.

2. I am sure you must know how arranged marriages, most infamously those between aristocrats and Royal Families are in their purpose; it aims to forge alliances and unions between them by producing children (or heirs) that would cement this -- naturally, the last thing on which these marriages are built on. (New Edom I am sure we know, was very famous for incorporating this unique relationship dynamic in most of the marriages in which his characters were thrust in).

Last note addressing this; Relena's position as an absolute ruler is far more nuanced than you might think, considering that she takes into account the opinions of her cabinet ministers and senior Crown-Government officials, most notably the one of Lukov when you have to take into account that he was the one who personally built-up her power base of loyal officials who would aid in advancing Relena's reign to be as successful as it can be, rather than taking advantage of their positions to enrich themselves( since many of these new personalities that replaces a large chunk of the Old Guard hold dual loyalties to Lukov, since they personally are UCNL members, and loyalty to the Legatus Augusti is also, allegiance to the Empress in and of itself).

Empress Relena is not the first monarch to have kept a "lover on the side", nor would she be the last. But what motivates her, that has her agree to this marriage in the first place was to re-affirm, the ties of the Monarchy to the aristocracy and also the rich oligarch class who hold many of Cassadia's Big Business companies especially those involved in the mining and resource extraction center, refinement industries and those involved in international trade that brings in foreign currency as well as stimulates (underwhelming, but not stagnant) the growth of Cassadia's economy, despite it being so sanctioned and embargoed on a part by the WA and Amistad.

Her father, Charles was lucky in that aspect in that he married out of genuine love for the sweetheart of his life, Marianne Lamperouge whom Charles met at a derby in which she was a participant of, on top of also being one of only a few women among the contestants; coming out in first place.

Emperor Charles by virtue of his sex as a man, and the fact that the woman she married was herself a descendant of (petty) French nobility who fled their countries to escape the revolutionary fervor of the Mob and their guillotine that led to the demise of the French Royal Family and so many clergy and aristocracy.

He was also a man of steel nerves and a very Saddam Hussein-like mentality of "my way or the mass grave" governing his interaction with personalities from among the Imperial Court, especially regarding those aristocrats who publicly or privately objected to his marriage to Marianne being "scandalous" in that he married such a low-born Baroness and a descendant of foreigners.

Relena is neither of those things; she is, first of all, a woman and second, the only time she agreed to a purge was when Lukov was a Master of the Royal Office and in that the logic that drives this intention was that to remove factions from among the Crown-Government's bureaucracy as well as the judicial security structures and judiciary that sought to exploit the youth and inexperience in the first two years of her reign, to advance their own power and wealth -- something that Lukov prevented, but in turn, also placed many Legion members in their place.

Heero Yuri, who would have been Relena's husband if it was not the circumstance of their birth and positions in the social hierarchy of Cassadia; unlike Marianne, Heero only has a non-hereditary title to his name, and is also a "regiment child"; an orphan, raised and educated in an institution ran by the military, as the Armed Forces have had complete control over the country's orphanage institution since the 1920s to groom generations of children for professional military service with unimpeachable loyalty to the Crown and their superior officers.

Turtleshroom, am sorry to say this, but your impression of Relena as a monarch "who can do whatever she likes" is far from correct.
Last edited by Qassadia on Mon May 17, 2021 6:03 pm, edited 2 times in total.

“All men are NOT created equal! Some are born smarter, or more beautiful, or with parents of greater status. Some, by contrast, are born of weak body or mind, or with few, if any, talents. All men are different! Yes, the very existence of man is discriminatory. That’s why there are wars, violence, and unrest.”Emperor Charles (VII) Von Peacecraft

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:05 am

I guess it's time to fully become pro-Amistad.
LANGENIA
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:52 am

Fuck Amistad, and fuck Cassadia. 8)
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Mar 27, 2021 10:55 am

Actually, I think I might join South Reinkalistan in being enlightened and be neither pro-Amistad or pro-Cassadia.
LANGENIA

Brettenwald
Senator

Founded: May 03, 2019
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby Brettenwald » Sat Mar 27, 2021 12:16 pm

South Reinkalistan wrote:Fuck Amistad, and fuck Cassadia. 8)

based af
BRETTENWALD
Factbook completion will occur when hell freezes over and this nation is basically what happens at 3 AM when I overdose on Godspeed You! Black Emperor and Game of Thrones. Trans rights or you're getting kneecapped.
Center-right largely-absolute monarchy populated by the majority-pagan descendants of a mix of Vikings, Iron Age German rednecks and the odd shipwreck survivor coming into its own on the world stage during the final stages of a 32-year watershed moment under the watchful eye of an emperor who was never supposed to be one. Strict MT, current year though lore posts are generally asynchronous. Brettain is a catchall demonym, flag waifu by Polish Prussian Commonwealth, NS stats not canon.

New Visayan Islands
Game Moderator

Founded: Jan 31, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New Visayan Islands » Sat Mar 27, 2021 4:46 pm

Langenia wrote:I guess it's time to fully become pro-Amistad.

Feel free to sign up here.
Let "¡Viva la Libertad!" be a cry of Eternal Defiance to the Jackboot.
My TGs are NOT for Mod Stuff.

For details on the man behind NVI, click here.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:26 pm

New Visayan Islands wrote:
Langenia wrote:I guess it's time to fully become pro-Amistad.

Feel free to sign up here.

Thanks! Though I'm still not sure about this. For now, neutrality suits me.
LANGENIA

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Sat Mar 27, 2021 6:46 pm

alternatively, there's the based version of amistad Image
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Gorizont Ltd
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 23, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Gorizont Ltd » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:06 am

Hiya. Just dropping my "application" here for the sake of formality. We've already discussed participation elsewhere, but for the sake of folks who might tangentially be interested and aren't privy to the discord - the Gorizont group is going to enter proceedings by indirectly pressuring Cassadian business interests to in turn pressure the Cassadian government with regards to the hostage situation, building upon a preexisting sentiment of the whole thing having the potential to hurt future economic prospects.
Last edited by Gorizont Ltd on Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
Discerning eye? Girthy wallet? Why not chance a drone or two? Quality is assured.

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:15 am

Gorizont Ltd wrote:Hiya. Just dropping my "application" here for the sake of formality. We've already discussed participation elsewhere, but for the sake of folks who might tangentially be interested and aren't privy to the discord - the Gorizont group is going to enter proceedings by indirectly pressuring Cassadian business interests to in turn pressure the Cassadian government with regards to the hostage situation, building upon a preexisting sentiment of the whole thing having the potential to hurt future economic prospects.

Considering what my pal here said. There is nothing to really discuss after what he has elaborated on in regards to his participation to RP in a said manner of conduct and intention. Other than that...

I am glad I can have you onboard King : D

Socialist Congo
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Congo » Mon Mar 29, 2021 2:29 am

South Reinkalistan wrote:alternatively, there's the based version of amistad (Image)

Speaking of...

I've finally finished reading through this RP, and found it to be both interesting and enjoyable. I think there is an opportunity for the Congo to get involved as part of a communist alternative to the more pro-capitalist anti-Cassadian coalition, possibly collaborating with South Reinkalistan as part of that. Cassadia quite impressively manages to embody pretty much everything that the Congolese hate (capitalist, monarchial/autocratic, reactionary, imperial-colonial slavers) so opposition is going to be pretty much universal. Involvement would involve diplomatic/covert efforts to destabilise and delegitimise the Cassadian regime, possibly going up to military involvement if things start to head that way.
|⚙ The Revolutionary Union of the Congo ⚙|
Retcons in Progress

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Mon Mar 29, 2021 6:28 am

Socialist Congo wrote:
South Reinkalistan wrote:alternatively, there's the based version of amistad (Image)

Speaking of...

I've finally finished reading through this RP, and found it to be both interesting and enjoyable. I think there is an opportunity for the Congo to get involved as part of a communist alternative to the more pro-capitalist anti-Cassadian coalition, possibly collaborating with South Reinkalistan as part of that. Cassadia quite impressively manages to embody pretty much everything that the Congolese hate (capitalist, monarchial/autocratic, reactionary, imperial-colonial slavers) so opposition is going to be pretty much universal. Involvement would involve diplomatic/covert efforts to destabilise and delegitimise the Cassadian regime, possibly going up to military involvement if things start to head that way.

Glad you like the role-play that I managed to set up (with the aid of few NS bruvs without whom it would have been pretty underwhelming), other than that, I would love to see your IC reactions and subsequent actions that your country will take in light of the assassination and standoff that proceeded from that point.

I would love to have you around, therefore you have my permission to post on the IC channel.

Can't wait to see your post on the thread.

Aureumterra III
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 21, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Aureumterra III » Mon Mar 29, 2021 10:17 am

Socialist Congo wrote:

Speaking of...

Another adversary :p

Good to have you on, welcome!
♔ The Empire of Aureumterra ♔

IIWiki
TL;DR Nordic Oppressive Absolute Empire
Maintainence Thread (Outdated)
Esvanovia, Ajax, etc. member

Socialist Congo
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 14, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Socialist Congo » Tue Mar 30, 2021 1:55 am

Qassadia wrote:
Socialist Congo wrote:Speaking of...

Glad you like the role-play that I managed to set up (with the aid of few NS bruvs without whom it would have been pretty underwhelming), other than that, I would love to see your IC reactions and subsequent actions that your country will take in light of the assassination and standoff that proceeded from that point.

I would love to have you around, therefore you have my permission to post on the IC channel.

Can't wait to see your post on the thread.

Wonderful! Just a heads up, it might be a week or so before I can post anything as I have a bunch of things due soon.

Aureumterra III wrote:Another adversary :p

Good to have you on, welcome!

Thank you! I must say that you seem to be finding quite a lot of adversaries at the moment. Things aren't exactly stacked in your side's favour.
|⚙ The Revolutionary Union of the Congo ⚙|
Retcons in Progress

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Mon Apr 19, 2021 12:24 pm

When is RR going to reply to my post?
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Sperio
Spokesperson

Founded: May 24, 2016
Democratic Socialists

Postby Sperio » Tue Apr 20, 2021 10:02 pm

I would like to join the RP. I believe that this is a thoughtful and provoking RP to sink into with the regime change my nation has gone through

The Sperioian Empire would see this as a breach of civil rights and personal freedoms and would "attempt" diplomacy, (Although the new leader is more Imperialist than his father, so that may play into it) first before engaging in war with the nation of Quassia. the New Supreme Leader would first off see this as a gross violation and would view Quassia as a Theocracy, and would not recognize the Empress's legitimacy.

Before you attack me for trying to invade happily, Parliament and the inner council would be holding him back as they would be less inclined to attempt to use this as empire expansion.
Bow to the nuke gods

Qassadia
Envoy

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Qassadia » Thu Apr 22, 2021 4:14 am

Although I would have gladly accepted your application, certain aspects of your country in terms of its IC location and the parts it covers have thrown a kind of wench that prevents me from accepting your request to join the RP. The reason behind this is that there are players in this RP who have nations located on several parts that your nation covers, thus invalidating automatically the single IC universe our countries may share.

I am sorry ; (

TURTLESHROOM II
Senator

Right-wing Utopia

Postby TURTLESHROOM II » Thu Apr 22, 2021 1:00 pm

Qassadia wrote:Although I would have gladly accepted your application, certain aspects of your country in terms of its IC location and the parts it covers have thrown a kind of wench that prevents me from accepting your request to join the RP. The reason behind this is that there are players in this RP who have nations located on several parts that your nation covers, thus invalidating automatically the single IC universe our countries may share.

There are two Congos already. Why not just use the Hyper-Earth? It's not like we're limited to the real world and the real amount of clay on this earth.
World Factbook
First Constitution
Legation Quarter

Bronze Serpent Tactical Consulting
Civil Servant

Founded: Mar 01, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Bronze Serpent Tactical Consulting » Mon Jul 26, 2021 9:26 am

I would like to join in as my AnaBaptist account.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents