NATION

PASSWORD

Neko Girl Cultural Exchange (Catsfern and Las Palmeras only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Las Palmeras
Minister

Founded: Jun 15, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sat May 29, 2021 12:30 pm

In Catsfern
García shrugged, "I admit that firing is less time consuming than putting a rifle grenade on the muzzle.

In Las Palmeras
The Prince nodded after hearing of what seemed like a conclusion to the "I suppose now that our most important lessons have been settled, it's time to get back to land isn't it?" Ife , perhaps conscious of being left without company again, looked down a little. Charles laughed slightly, "Don't worry, I'm also here to inform you that you've been relieved. "
Last edited by Las Palmeras on Sat May 29, 2021 7:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.
UPHOLD SOUTH REINISM-LENINISM! UNLIMITED DESTRUCTION OF 1ST WORLD HETERRHOIDS!

Catsfern
Diplomat

Founded: Mar 09, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Catsfern » Sun May 30, 2021 12:36 pm

in Catsfern
"well then, lets move on to what I suppose would be the exact opposite of a machine gun then shall we" The general said as he picked up another gun. "this is the CSNR-1, Our standard sniper rifle."

In Las Palmeras
Morgan looked up and you could see he had an idea in mind "your majesty, if I am to understand that Ife is being relieved from this current duty, may I request you consider establishing a way for a Catsfernian science to to be able to easily contact her. If Catsfern is to begin exploring the waves for what they may hold having someone like her as an easy contact would be a major help"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:28 am

In Catsfern
García was once again in more familiar territory, nodding at the General. The Army back home also had a precision variant of the main service rifle. Nothing too strange at all, and she assumed that the default feature of the weapon would be in semi-automatic. Takiri got down on a mat where the firearm was located, she looked through the scope and grabbed the weapon, holding the pistol grip as she held her breath and fired. The shot didn't hit the center of a human-sized target. She looked incredulous but then sheepishly remembered to adjust the sights.

In Las Palmeras
Charles thought over the idea for a second, then he said, "What do you have in mind?" Simultaneously, they were going up the metal stairs, where the ferry was waiting and so were Ife's replacements. Just as the ambassador was going to reply, the groups saw a cargo ship slowly sail past them, breaking small waves in it's wake. Ife muttered, "Sometimes trade ships go to the Inner Sea near the Capital, it's a very solicited route." Charles peered at the foreign boat with a crimson flag and a yellow star next a a hammer and sickle fluttering in the wind: "Yes, but..."
Hey hey, LP here: Too burnt out with this nation to make new lore or fix macrohistorical longue durée alt-his inconsistencies, too clingy to let it die.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:39 am

in Catsfern
The general chuckled a bit. "sorry if the sights weren't set right, They're generally set for someone with a physique more like myself. go ahead and shoot again once you've got em set right"

In Las Palmeras
Morgan stepped forward and observed the ship. "I guess the hammer and sickle are popular communist symbols here as well. It appears to be a merchant ship, but judging form your reaction you seem a bit suspicious of it"

Oldhall also looked the ship over "I wonder why a cargo ship would take a more secluded route though, wouldn't the main shipping lanes be better?"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Jun 06, 2021 11:58 am

In Catsfern
Takiri duly nodded, moving the elevation adjustment piece on top, she didn't touch the other little wheel as there was no wind. The shots that followed were a bit closer to the center of the silhouette. "Better", she said. "I'm remembered as to why our military wants to make smaller, more compact weapons. Perhaps not sniper rifles, but submachine guns and stuff that needs to be raised and fired."

In Las Palmeras
The Prince thought of Oldhall's commentary and hissed out: "Precisely, dearest Nancy. The routes here are less solicited." Then perhaps, feeling suspicious over their own words being eavesdropped on, he simply said, "Perhaps we should talk about more banal things, for now." Maybe it was an irrational choice, maybe the spy ship had no equipment that could possibly hear them. Maybe it was a simple cargo ship. But Charles knew he'd feel safer in the ferry and away from the looming Soviet vessel.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sun Jun 06, 2021 10:07 pm

In Catsfern
"I can see why your side would look into that. Over here we've focused on making our weapons inexpensive, but reliable and easy to maintain. Cat like folk over here are generally about the same general height as a human, so we haven't really though much about how to scale things down."

In Las Palmeras
Morgan nodded "perhaps your right your majesty, We can resume this particular discussion later, for now lets return to the mainland shall we"

Oldhall seemed to agree simply nodding her head.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Fri Jun 25, 2021 12:51 pm

In Catsfern
García nodded and continued, "There's this thing called Ergonomics. One has to think about designs to make things more comfortable to use. I can't compare a chair to a killing machine or a gun, but well...it's an advantage to be easy to handle. Things like small levers for our thumbs and compact SMGs whose magazines are fed through the grip. Polymers mixed with wood to make the body lighter. That and of course, we also have to use the same bullets as our Continental allies. Trucks getting mixed up with incompatible ammo would be very bad in case of a real war. Transporting things on time is as chaotic as it is during peace."

After pausing, she continued, "But I guess logistics comes easy for Catsfern, doesn't it? Maybe not in scale of size, but you own a lot of land that has standardized everything around, right?"

In Las Palmeras
"Perhaps." As they boarded, Charles continued to peer at the foreign ship. Anxious to see if it would trail them, until Ife politely told him to stop worrying about the situation. Somebody else was inside the ship, approaching the four, it was Tepka Takique, in her usual dull uniform, holding a napkin over her mouth. In her usual dry tone and composure, she simply informed: "Sorry to have kept you all waiting."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:12 pm

in Catsfern
Ergonomics are something we’ve at times sacrificed for ease of mass production and reliability in combat. That being said for the average Catsfernian they’re rather easy to use, but if our countries are to work closely together improving ergonomics may be worthwhile. As far as logistics are concerned, yes Catsfern is a nation that loves its standardization.

in las palmeras
Morgan stepped aboard the ship “Ah miss Takique good to see you again”
Old hall was a bit more enthusiastic and still a bit tipsy from the wine hugging her gently “Hey Tepka what you been up to”
Last edited by Catsfern on Fri Jun 25, 2021 1:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Jul 14, 2021 6:28 pm

In Catsfern
García nodded once more, and in her usual sing-song tone, she did admit to something else: "Oh yes, us and several other nations use similar mentions to make logistics more easy, even if spare parts for machine maintenance sometimes aren't so uniform. I guess it's a weakness when arming up to fight the same enemy, even if a show of cooperation can be seen as a strength. Uhhh...the Entente I mean. Though I guess you don't have to worry about the 800-pound gorilla near your borders or your friends' borders, so to say."

In Las Palmeras
All of Tepka Tajique's body tensed as Oldhall's embrace caught her entirely by surprise. The comically serious helper of the Prince, tried her best not to flex her muscles into a frown or reveal any external sense of discomfort. Sheer willpower stopped her from revealing any facial expression, even if she personally felt her boundaries had been intruded on. Showing no hint of anger but also no trace of any amusement, Tepka replied with the usual formality: "Just here to see that we won't be behind schedule."

To her side, Charles did seem slightly amused, whereas Ife just gestured with her hand and said "Hi."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Wed Jul 14, 2021 7:25 pm

in Catsfern
The general chuckled "No Indeed we don't, but that aside I believe that's all the firearms We had for you to try today, but I do have one more thing for you. *the general walks into the nearby storage shed and walks out holding a black peaked cap like the one he himself is wearing, with a gold insignia on the front for a center 12 pointed star surrounded by 12 equally spaced 5 pointed stars like the design on the Catsfernian flag.* "this is a Catsfernian army officers cap, As the general 5 star of the Catsfernian Military I hereby name you an honorary Catsfernian officer."

In Las Palmeras
Oldhall let go of Tepka and made her way to the nearest seat sitting down and reclining as much as she could yawning as she did so.

Moran turned to Tepka "apologies about MS. Oldhall it seems she's a bit drunk and a tad bit more forward than usual" He then turns to the prince "that aside I do believe we should be making our way back to the mainland then, is it alright if I begin writing up a report for President Eden?"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sat Jul 24, 2021 8:43 pm

In Catsfern
García took the cap, got a feel of it and she formally saluted, waiting for the General's reply, feeling honored and gushing with pride that somebody bestowed that honor to her, even if she didn't show it entirely. Once that ritual protocol finished, the correspondent returned to her usual tone, blushing slightly and smiling, "That's the quickest promotion I've had in my life."

In Las Palmeras
Tepka simply bowed her head slightly towards Morgan when she heard of his grievance on Oldhall's behalf. Tepka showed some humor, perhaps, even if her tone never changed, in an effort to not make the situation seem that serious "I'm surprised Oldhall wasn't 'a tad more forward' with Ife." Hearing that, the oceanographer quietly backed away and sat down, pretending to look at the window and cautiously observing the actress.

Charles took the issue in an even lighter manner, joking, "I thought the bottle was going to be shared." Once the ambassador asked Charles a question, Tepka once again chimed in, "I anticipated this, Mr. Morgan. There's a typewriter on the desk on the other side of the room, with all the adequate accessories." The Prince simply smiled at the situation, "See? She's wonderful! I couldn't keep track of my schedule without somebody like Miss Tajique by my side." She only shrugged it off, "It's my job to be prepared."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sat Jul 24, 2021 9:06 pm

In Catsfern
The general laughed. "it's the best kind of promotion too, the one that doesn't come with any actual responsibility. If you want I can pull a few strings and get a full formal uniform scratched together for you, or you can just take the hat. That aside I think that's about all I had for you."

President Eden then chimed in, "I actually have something for you as well Ms. Garcia". He then pulled from his pocket a small silver metal with a newspaper engraved on it on a red ribbon with yellow edges. "this is the Catsfernian presidential award for excellence in the field of reporting. It's rarely given to foreigners, but in this case a certain exception has been made." He then extends a flat hand holding the medal towards Garcia.

In Las Palmeras
Morgan walked over to the typewriter and began work. "Well Ms.Tajique the prince should be glad you're rather good at your job then, I unfortunately can't say the same for some of my associates. That aside I'm glad I can type this out now. President Eden will be very interested in what I've learned today, hech he'll probably start scheming something up as soon as he finishes reading what I send him."

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sat Jul 24, 2021 11:07 pm

In Catsfern
García relaxed even more after hearing the General's response, "Yes sir. I'm glad I don't have to manage a general-staff; or make decisions that'd affect many." Then her attention turned to President Eden, and as she heard his declaration, she could only smile at him...she was still dumbfounded by having received so many ceremonial honors in a single day. And better -or worse- she would be taken for a loon back home, as the ambassador of an imaginary country. García was unsure if her government would ever make things public, including her role in the current affair. Deep down, she felt just slightly melancholic over her predicament, even if she was grateful for her hosts and proud that the Palmeran Government entrusted her with the task that she had been preforming to the day.

However, fleshed out worries could be written about another day, for the time being, the moment was hers. García graciously accepted, extending her hand: "I sure hope my folk are treating your people just as nicely."

In Las Palmeras
Charles thought for a moment over what the Ambassador had just hinted, "I'm just glad we can offer something that isn't our sweat and blood for once. Well, not mine, I'm just a regular human."

Erstwhile, Tepka turned to the actress, "Is there something that you require at the moment, Miss Oldhall?"

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sun Jul 25, 2021 3:04 pm

In Catsfern
The president chuckled a bit, "so do I, the crown prince did seem rather friendly though so I'm sure Morgan and Oldhall are fine. that aside, would you like to take a photo with me and the general alongside your new awards?"

In Las Palmeras
Morgan smirked as he continued to type. "Well knowing Catsfernian scientists they'd be more than willing to take the sample and study it anyway. As far as something Catsfern would be willing to trade for though, your probably correct that we wouldn't be interested, that is unless you also have some sort of special genetic quirk you haven't told us about" He says with a small laugh.

Oldhall meanwhile w as sat down and looked a bit queasy. "a glass of water would be great if you don't mind"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:40 pm

In Catsfern
García nodded at the suggestion, and after the photo snapped, she continued with Eden's remarks: "Oh yeah, His Royal Highness, the Prince. Everyone says he's more easygoing than his father is, a natural entertainer. There's rumors he fancies Tohorinese girls so that's endeared him to not a few middle-aged ladies whom dream of royalty. He always has his hypercompetent maid around him. I guess you'll have to deal with them in the future too."

In Las Palmeras
The Prince chuckled a bit, and then excused himself from Morgan's presence "No, I'm fairly ordinary. And speaking of ordinary things, maybe it's best to leave you concentrating for now, so if I may for now."

As he went to the other side of the room, he overheard Tepka's reply to Oldhall's request. "I can't give you a glass, but I hope that a bottle of water is sufficient. Hydration is likely a good choice for now. We still have another activity scheduled." Charles just commented, "I promised her she'd have her theater."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sun Jul 25, 2021 5:47 pm

In Catsfern
The president ears perked up a bit at Garcia's comments. "it sounds like you know an awful lot about the prince, but I suppose you are part of the press, knowing about such important public figures comes with the profession, and yes I have met his maid, Tepka was her name is I remembered correctly, she was the first cat girl from that side we encountered."

In Las Palmeras
oldhall quickly drank down the bottle of water thanking Tepka then turning her attention to the prince. "we're going to the theatre? finally this is where i get to show off my field of expertise. what are we going to see?"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:20 pm

In Catsfern
García laughed a little, "Her? What an ambassador, I'd never have believed it. She's very reserved, but then again, so are most of the old Retainers. All those people come from a long line of warrior-aristocrats. "

In Las Palmeras
Charles just said, "The Autumn Prince, I believe." Tepka raised one narrow eyebrow at Oldhall's boast, "I'm sure you're an expert of the techniques of acting. Perhaps you may even find similarities between what you have on your side, but I guarantee you...that you probably have nothing exactly like it on the other side. It's not Broadway and it's not Shakespeare, either." A slight hint of excitement managed to get out of the otherwise unmovable Tepka. Ife murmured, "OH, one of those old-timey Main Islander shows." She was going to say more but an icy stare from Tepka shot down the idea, almost as if the small Maid didn't want to spoil anything at all.

Tepka also announced something else, "I suppose, that you'll have to say your goodbyes for now. Ife will have to stay at port with her employers for some health exams, as is protocol. And His Royal Highness will have to attend a meeting." Charles suddenly chimed in, grinning like a mischievous child, and speaking aloud so that all could hear. "I probably should have said this earlier, but I've reports to do as well. I'm entrusting the two of you to Miss Tajique."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:30 pm

In Catsfern
The president laughed a little too "well it wasn't exactly on purpose, when we first crossed through the portal it was just me and a few of my personal body guards, we set up camp on the other side hoping for someone to come along and help us figure out what was happening. I sent one of my bodyguards to to a perimeter patrol just to make sure we weren't anywhere dangerous, and we found her unconscious from what looked like fainting. After that we got her in the shade and once she woke up made sure she was doing alright."

In Las Palmeras
Morgan simply nodded as he finished typing his report and grabbed the papers he had typed. "if that's the case thank you again for your time and for arranging a phone call with he king"

oldhall meanwhile seemed rather interested in the play "The Autumn Prince you say, they way you talk about it it sounds like it could be part of the local culture too. any hits as to what it's about or do you not want to spoil anything?"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Jul 25, 2021 6:53 pm

In Catsfern
Upon hearing the account, she giggled while holding her hand over her mouth, "I would never have expected that from the great granddaughter of our feared Rear Admiral. Of a while her family was nearly at the top of the line of succession, their women to be married off to the Emperor's son. Well, then the Empire crumbled. Then again, you made quite the dramatic entry, we'd have imagined the portal would bring demons or aliens...so to be fair with poor Tepka, I can't blame her."

In Las Palmeras
The Prince nodded back, "I'm sure Tepka will do fine, otherwise I would never have said yes."

He also returned to Oldhall's inquiry, "You'll soon find that there are two Islands. The Latinized and the, well, the..." Tepka interrupted to make the speech more coherent, "The Tohorinese, sir. Two traditions existing side by side, sometimes intertwining, sometimes being so separate that their particular quirks become noticeable. Our guests have seen the Modern side of Las Palmeras, they've lived in the palaces of the Colonial era and they've tasted morsels of the Franco-Spanish layer. But now they'll get a glimpse of my people's side of the isle."

A bit more playfully irreverent, Ife joked in the back and made some kind of pose with an imaginary sword, striking the air while making a fearsome and stiff face. "Warrior poets." Tepka uttered monotone and disapproving words, "It's a love story this time."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Sat Jul 31, 2021 6:27 pm

In Catsfern
The president laughed a bit again "Yeah i cant say I wouldn't have been shocked if i saw someone walk out of a random portal that just formed before my very eyes."

In Las Palmeras
Oldhalls eyes seems to light up "oh local culture and a love story I love it, though I kinda thought it was a love story of sorts based on the name. "the autumn prince" does have a rather romantic air to it"

Morgan seemed intrested too "it's always nice to get a taste of some distinct local culture'

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:51 pm

In Catsfern
"But even then, Catsfernians have been cushioned by the extraterrestrial visitation, as well as similar things happening before, right? Poor Tepka had no such prior experience. But I'm sure she'll go down in history in some way or another."

In Las Palmeras
The ferry returned to the Home Island by afternoon; the sun that shone in the center of the clear blue skies of mid-day had turned a bit yellower. As had been explained, Ife and Charles went off on their own, but not before they both said their farewells. Charles, as always, shook hands and waved away when he was sent to his car. Ife did something similar but hugged both the ambassador and Oldhall, the latter of which she suspected may have enjoyed the embrace a little too much, before leaving.

One thing was for sure however, even the usually less-than-expressive Tepka seemed a little more jovial at having the rest of the day's schedule for herself. She made light of a situation, for once: "Mr. Morgan, Ms. Oldhall, I'm forced to ask you both to sit and travel again. This time, back to the Hotel. You'll have time to refresh yourselves and perhaps get dressed."

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Fri Aug 20, 2021 9:32 pm

In Catsfern
"Fair enough I suppose, an alien visitor from space isn't all too different than an alien visitor from a portal. If I hadnt experienced both I cant say Id be able to tell you which seemed more far fetched" *the president then checked his watch* "hm its getting later, but we still have time for one last thing. How would you like to do an official press interview of Catsferns president and highest general?"

In las Palmeras
Oldhall smiled "good a bit of time for the wine to work its way through me before the play"

Morgan meanwhile had a question "Is there any sort of typical theatre attire here, or is just standard dress acceptable?"

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Wed Oct 06, 2021 9:47 pm

In Catsfen
García blinked at the suggestion, smiling and putting her hand on the back of her neck, a sign of nervousness that looked a bit childish. Somebody who had shown little fear in a low-intensity war zone had realized they needed to formulate questions, and they needed to improvise. "Well, uhhh...if you want. Where should we set up?" *Maybe that'll buy me some time*, she thought.

In Las Palmeras
Tepka shrugged, "It isn't a night at the cinema, but it's not a diplomatic dinner either. I have everything ready at your rooms in the Hotel, however". Surely enough, after the Tepka and her guests were refreshed and dressed elegantly enough, though not to the extent that it was overly formal, the trio went to a theater, which looked fairly Western in exterior design even if the Catsfernians would witness screens with painted scenes, paper-made props which gave the illusion of depth and which followed a walkway that extended into the audience which the Catsfernians soon found out was used for dramatic and near-exaggerated entrances and exits, and which of course, led to the main stage in the center.

As would be expected of a play made in the remote war-time of the Medieval past, it actually didn't have much bellicose themes nor did it allude to the governing regime of the time as that would've been censored, instead focusing on a courtly drama with romantic intent. Tepka explained that such a thing was once seen as "trivial entertainment". According to the playbill of The Autumn Prince, the story centered around the exploits of Tohatshi, a lower-ranking functionary of the 12th Century Imperial Court, and his maneuverings around rivalries with other bureaucrats and a hidden forbidden love.

Looking back at her guests, Tepka wondered if they would notice certain details of the main and background actors. Thinner or younger actors depicted women in the play, either as long-haired noble ladies in elaborate colorful dresses , jewelry and make-up whom sported long flowing black hair or as simpler-dressed servants and peasants...however when the main character, Tohatshi, was introduced sitting on the floor, writing down notes on a scroll in a low circular chair while poetically singing of boredom, Morgan and Oldhall would notice that he sported a bob-cut and was rather androgynous himself.

Catsfern
Diplomat

Postby Catsfern » Wed Oct 06, 2021 10:02 pm

In Catsfern
The president and general headed back towards the jeep that brought them to the range and as they did the general spoke up. I'll take us back to the office area of the base. that should give you some time to think of questions." The president than looked over to her as they entered the jeep, sorry about springing an interview on you suddenly, but improve to interviews are something of a hallmark for me" *he said chuckling a bit*

In Las Palmeras
Morgan and oldhall took in the scenery of the theatre. It was a bit diffrent in structure from the ones back home but more or less the same basic idea. As the play began they watched intently. Morgan making notes and any possible cultural or political undertones the play would present and noting down the work of Tohatshi. Oldhall meanwhile was more interested in the technical aspects of the play itself. Noting down the unique exaggerated character entrances and the seeming gender ambiguity of many of the actors.

Las Palmeras
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Las Palmeras » Fri Oct 22, 2021 5:48 pm

In Catsfern:
"Okay then." After García messed around with her bag, she pulled out a recorder and inserted some small magnetic tapes. "I should probably buy a newer one while I'm here, hehe." Then they rubbed their chin, the first question after pressing the start button was centered around the Palmeran mindset and didn't consider, or over-rid, the Army general's branch: "General Greene, what is the biggest challenge faced by your peers in the Navy?"

In Las Palmeras:
Tepka noted the foreign pair's interest in the details, but instead of making a large exposition, Charles' oft straight-laced and over-bearing assistant took an unusually relaxed approach, "There are many books written on the play and of traditional Tohorinese dramatism...so it'd be best to enjoy the moment." As the play progressed, Oldhall and Morgan noticed that changes in color palletes often represented different emotions, something conveyed by brighter colors in scenery, lighting, and even costumes and make-up; whereas more somber moments had cooler and earthen shades, brighter and warmer colors evoked moments of joy or spontaneousness.

The story was revealed to be about a young and ambitious scribe from a well-off family whom entered a romantic relationship with his tutor, an older woman, all while being engaged to another noblewoman.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents