NATION

PASSWORD

Casus Belli [OOC/FT+/Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:42 am

Imperial Yonacaria wrote:
[TASKFORCE APPLICATION FORM: Imperial Yonacaria Exporatory Team - Corruption Hive Fleet 8791, Pseudodragon Detachment 472, and SIO Special Operations Detachment 9]

What type of group will you be operating?
(Some examples of questions to consider: is it a taskforce deployed by a nation in pursuit of their agenda? Is it a company operating separately from national interests? Is it a significant group that can’t be called a nation or is within a nation? Is it a rebel group? Etc.)
Science, Reconnaissance, and Vanguard

This group is operating within Imperial Yonacarian national interests, and with full knowledge and support from SIO, a major government agency within Imperial Yonacaria.

Are there any important members? What are their backstories and personalities?
(For taskforces, what are their members, the backstories, and their personalities? For larger groups, naming leaders and important figures may be better, though it’s up to you.)

Corruption Greater Hivemind 921Q5; admiral of the corruption fleet, operating under orders from Otela. Dull and analytical.

Lyxa; commodore of the psuedodragon detachment. Excitable.

Vicaxa; fleet admiral and director of SIO spec ops detachment.

Will your taskforce be supporting any of the main factions? If so, what reason from the “Reasons For Action” section applies?
(You can be as thorough here as you want. Why, or why not, have they supported these nations? What are their thoughts on the factions involved? Do they have any history with these factions? Etc.)

This taskforce will be Imperial Yonacaria's first contact forces within our ORBAT. Additional forces may be sent, but these are what we will have present initially. They do not know the other nations - this is first contact.

What tech and equipment do your group have?
(It’s a similar principle to the national application. Example questions to consider: what ships do they have? How powerful and fast are said ships? What weapons do they have? Etc. Consider FTL drives, common weaponry, etc.)

Corruption Hive Fleet 8791
- 1 Corruption Ship of the Line; infected ship of the line, original model unknown
- 6 Corruption Battleship; infected battleship, original model unknown
- 4 Corruption Battleship; organic battleship, Malicious Class
- 10 Corruption Repair Ship; infected repair ship, original model unknown
- 16 Corruption Light Carrier; organic light carrier, Swarm Class
- 20 Corruption Cruiser; infected cruiser, original model unknown
- 50 Corruption Frigate; infected frigate, original model unknown
- 50 Corruption Frigate; organic frigate, Malignant Class
- 50 Corruption Tender; organic tender, Express Class
- 50 Corruption Landing Craft; organic landing craft, Vicious Class
- 120 Corruption Suicide Craft; organic suicide craft, Spite Class
- 300 Corruption Patrol Craft; organic patrol craft, Fright Class

SIO Special Operations Detachment 9
- 1 SIO Science Vessel; Insight Class
- 20 SIO Landing Craft; Progenitor Class

What skills do your characters have?
(If your characters have any normal physical or mental skills or abilities, or thaumaturgical ones, put them here.)

This will be a must read.
As will this.

Have you read the rules?:
(Put the word in the rules below. You’ll know what it is I’ve you’ve read the rules.)

Beep boop motherfuckers.

Accepted.
My current RP - you can join if you want. | Proud member of The Anti-Democracy League. | If you want to join our region, come and join; you're more than welcome! | My Q&A's here as well.

I do not use NationStates stats. I use my own.

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:49 am

Bump.
My current RP - you can join if you want. | Proud member of The Anti-Democracy League. | If you want to join our region, come and join; you're more than welcome! | My Q&A's here as well.

The Posthuman Coalition
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby The Posthuman Coalition » Wed Dec 30, 2020 8:55 am

IC's when?? I'm quite thinking it'd be nice to have Godular join the party too.
-- NOVVS HVMANITAE --
Tier 11, Level 0, Type 9

MANKIND HAS BECOME SEMPITERNAL

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Wed Dec 30, 2020 9:01 am

The Posthuman Coalition wrote:IC's when?? I'm quite thinking it'd be nice to have Godular join the party too.

I'm probably going to have to focus on my university studies soon (I have two/four exams/coursework in January), but I'll try to get one up by the end of this week, start of next week.

Khorzromoth
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorzromoth » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:10 pm

[NATIONAL APPLICATION FORM: THE AHXHIAN SOUL WEB]

Tick or cross any of the boxes to indicate where your nation originated from.
[ ] Milky Way (specify in these brackets if from “Normal” or “Fractal”)
[ ] Cymopolia (specify in these brackets if “Normal” or “Fractal”)
[ ] Cylius Galaxy (specify in these brackets if “Normal” or “Fractal”)
[ ] Extragalactic (i.e. not from the above three galaxies)
[ ] Extrauniversal
[ X ] Other (Sort of extrauniversal, sort of not.)

If any, who will your nation be supporting? If applicable, what from the “Reasons For Action” section have you used?
[Investigation/Curiosity] - the ASW as a whole only intends to monitor the situation and assess potential threats to its integrity. Further details are present in the section on Journeying Over Empyrean.

What’s your nation’s government system?
Post-political immaterial hive mind "populated" by functionally infinite ephemeral split personalities of the central consciousness.

What’s your nation’s positions on foreign policy?
The Soul Web doesn't really do foreign policy, it's too busy holding itself together in its little corner of the Aphylaxion (the factbook's heavily WIP but you can sort of get the idea). Various "individual" Spawn or groups thereof may occasionally poke around in other aphylaxic "regions" or even in physical/phylaxic space, and their actions are technically tied to and derived from the central will as components of it, though there tends to be several layers of psychosis and identity dissociation - or at least their applicable rough equivalents - involved, making them at least quasi-independent agents. These actions are rarely guided by any formal or cohesive policy, and are usually just for the sake of curiosity or "fun".

What is your nation’s tech level? What technologies do they possess?
The basic concept behind pretty much the entirety of the ASW's technology (i.e. noopraxis) is outlined in the factbook listed above. It doesn't really include capabilities, though, and mostly focuses on the lysophylaxic side of things while the ASW is entirely aphylaxic, so I'll have to go into more detail here. Please read the factbook before going through this, because I'll be using a lot of made-up "techno"babble that's explained within it.

To start off, noopraxis can be broken down into two main aspects - "mind-to-mind" interactions, and "mind-to-world" interactions. Exactly what either of those mean and where the line between the two is drawn can be pretty hazy and complicated depending on circumstances, but given the setting of this RP I'll just focus on how both of those work in relatively normal physical space. The former is more or less just fairly straightforward psionic stuff - the nous of one agent directly does something to the nous of another without going through any phylaxic middle man such as sensory communication. I specified "phylaxic" because it's possible for the nooi themselves to set up "barriers" and such preventing others from poking around as they please, it's just that these barriers wouldn't be located in any kind of physical space or be derived from any material source (except the brain-analogue of the being that's conjuring it, provided this being is lyso- rather than aphylaxic).

As for mind-to-world, the way it essentially works is by "embedding" one's nous into a targeted area, which grants the noopract a degree of control over that area and the ability to "will" things into happening. This is, however, counterbalanced by the fact that everything has an innate resistance to being changed in this way, a property known as "antinoesis"; as such, the more a noopract's psychic exertion over an area outweighs the antinoesis of that area and all the objects in it, the more they'll be able to "do things" to it. The "strength" of the antinoetic effect is dependent on several factors, including the size of the area and physical properties of objects within it (e.g. solid, dense objects are more resistant than more vacuous and physically malleable ones). Of course, antinoesis isn't the only thing that can restrict noopraxis - in cases like the ASW and other entities on a similar level of noetic scale, whose capacity for noopraxis far outweighs the antinoesis of just about anything in the Phylaxion, the only thing really keeping their abilities in check is someone else's noopraxis or other "reality-bending" working against them. The "strength" of a noopraxic action also isn't solely dependent on its relation to the antinoesis of whatever it's acting on - there are "shortcuts" that can be taken to bypass one's own weaknesses, typically by drawing from nooi other than the practitioner's own and "channeling" them into said action. This is generally why lysophylaxics tend to have a religious bent to their practices, as they use the "patronage" of some relatively powerful aphylaxic being to enhance their own capacities.

Putting all this into context - the ASW is essentially a single aphylaxic "mind", operating under one overarching nous, of immense cognitive capacity and therefore noopraxic ability. To illustrate a bit, the combined antinoesis of all the stellar bodies in the observable universe would prove vastly insufficient in preventing it from subjecting them all to whatever it feels like at any given moment. This, of course, has little relevance to the RP, since there won't be any involvement from any significant portion of the ASW, nor is any such presence ever to be expected within the Phylaxion, and despite technically being a single entity, its "thought process" is so convoluted and labyrinthine that having any notably large part of it decisively "agree" with itself to do anything other than preserve its own existence, especially something as insignificant as wiping out an entirely unrelated phylaxic region, would be a monumental task. In any case, noopraxis, and its mastery thereof, is the central principle behind every technological capability of the ASW's assets. It creates material proxies with which to interact with the Phylaxion by willing "bodies" for itself into being, it makes those bodies move through space by willing them to do so, and so on. The specifics of how all these work will vary wildly between Spawn, but they always follow the same underlying principle of saturating an area with willpower and shaping it accordingly.

If you still want a tech classification, "EoTT" or "clarketech" would probably be decently applicable for the ASW as a whole. It's a slightly different matter for the individual Spawn or groups thereof that you can expect to see in RP contexts, though, as their capabilities can potentially have a great deal of variation based on the circumstances of their emergence. One Spawn may be able to wipe out a galactic cluster and create an entirely new one in its place on a whim, while another might be limited to whispering in some modosophont's head and lack any flashy abilities. Usually, though, they'll be somewhere in between.

What will your nation’s ORBAT be like?
See Journeying Over Empyrean. The Soul Web won't be deploying anything else in the foreseeable future.

Have you read the rules?
addo anno

[CHARACTER APPLICATION FORM: JOURNEYING OVER EMPYREAN]
(also known as Joe)

What race is your character?
Ahxhian Spawn. Basically a tiny piece of Ahxh that "thinks" and "acts" as though it has its own personality.

What is your character’s backstory?
It popped into existence because of some stray thought that Ahxh had. That's about it.

What abilities and/or skills does your character have?
Despite being ostensibly autonomous, Journeying Over Empyrean is in fact a component of the Ahxhian Soul Web; while only having a small piece of it for its personality to use at its (relative) discretion, it can still occasionally tap into larger sections, if not the entirety, of its overarching framework. Its "own" sub-consciousness is roughly analogous to a transapient superintelligence, and can be elevated exponentially by doing the aforementioned, but in most cases that would be deemed unnecessarily taxing on both the ASW's greater structure and the Spawn's own integrity and is therefore rare and generally not to be expected.

Much like the ASW as a whole, Journeying Over Empyrean is capable of splitting itself into further subunits that can operate with varying degrees of independence, ranging from multiple perfectly synchronised instances of itself to several different "individual" personalities each with equivalent autonomy to the original. In any case, the "power" (i.e. intelligence, noopraxic ability, etc) of each subunit is proportional to the fraction of Journeying Over Empyrean that constitutes it, with the sum total of all subunits being equivalent to the capabilities of Journeying Over Empyrean as a whole.

Probably the most important thing to describe about Journeying Over Empyrean's abilities, though, is the extent of the ASW's noopraxic capacity that it can generally be able to use - to put it simply, it's extremely small in the grand scheme of the ASW, and at the scale of this RP, it'd make for a highly advanced and potentially very threatening, but not overwhelming, presence. Think sort of around the ballpark of the orbs I used in Ascension of the Imperium - it'll even keep their physical shape - but with somewhat different mechanics and a generally more "covert" and subtle approach to doing things. I feel like it might be best to hash out any further specifics of this over Discord, though, if need be.

Will your character be supporting any of the main factions? If so, what reason from the “Reasons For Action” section applies?
[Investigation/Curiosity] + [Other] - Journeying Over Empyrean's primary purpose here is simply to facilitate the ASW's observations. However, owing to the typically disjointed and erratic nature of the Soul Web's subunits, it's come to develop a "side goal" of its own, namely to incite and foster the development of a new faction of noopract cultists from within the ranks of the main combatants.

What is your character’s tech level? What equipment do they have with them?
Its only equipment is the infinitesimal fragment of the Soul Web's "mind pool" that it has at its disposal. It can derive a lot of things from this, though, as stated earlier.

Have you read the rules?
cffq cppq
✵✵✵ BLESSED CHILDREN OF THE FORMLESS GOD ✵✵✵
Pending 1
Pending 2
Pending 3
Pending 4
Pending 5
Pending 6
"Everything is real, and yet nothing is. I lie adrift in an endless sea of dreams that are not mine. One day, however, they will be."

Post-human, post-physical functionally infinite collective of semi-autonomous disembodied consciousnesses, tethered to and spawned from one oversized soul staving off its own metaphysical collapse
Lore is extremely WIP, but exists in the same continuity as Khoronzon and Empyrius
If Khoronzon's so good, how come they never made a seq- oh god oh h*ck

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Thu Dec 31, 2020 4:23 pm

Khorzromoth wrote:
[NATIONAL APPLICATION FORM: THE AHXHIAN SOUL WEB]

[ ] Milky Way (specify in these brackets if from “Normal” or “Fractal”)
[ ] Cymopolia (specify in these brackets if “Normal” or “Fractal”)
[ ] Cylius Galaxy (specify in these brackets if “Normal” or “Fractal”)
[ ] Extragalactic (i.e. not from the above three galaxies)
[ ] Extrauniversal
[ X ] Other (Sort of extrauniversal, sort of not.)

If any, who will your nation be supporting? If applicable, what from the “Reasons For Action” section have you used?
[Investigation/Curiosity] - the ASW as a whole only intends to monitor the situation and assess potential threats to its integrity. Further details are present in the section on Journeying Over Empyrean.

Post-political immaterial hive mind "populated" by functionally infinite ephemeral split personalities of the central consciousness.

The Soul Web doesn't really do foreign policy, it's too busy holding itself together in its little corner of the Aphylaxion (the factbook's heavily WIP but you can sort of get the idea). Various "individual" Spawn or groups thereof may occasionally poke around in other aphylaxic "regions" or even in physical/phylaxic space, and their actions are technically tied to and derived from the central will as components of it, though there tends to be several layers of psychosis and identity dissociation - or at least their applicable rough equivalents - involved, making them at least quasi-independent agents. These actions are rarely guided by any formal or cohesive policy, and are usually just for the sake of curiosity or "fun".

The basic concept behind pretty much the entirety of the ASW's technology (i.e. noopraxis) is outlined in the factbook listed above. It doesn't really include capabilities, though, and mostly focuses on the lysophylaxic side of things while the ASW is entirely aphylaxic, so I'll have to go into more detail here. Please read the factbook before going through this, because I'll be using a lot of made-up "techno"babble that's explained within it.

To start off, noopraxis can be broken down into two main aspects - "mind-to-mind" interactions, and "mind-to-world" interactions. Exactly what either of those mean and where the line between the two is drawn can be pretty hazy and complicated depending on circumstances, but given the setting of this RP I'll just focus on how both of those work in relatively normal physical space. The former is more or less just fairly straightforward psionic stuff - the nous of one agent directly does something to the nous of another without going through any phylaxic middle man such as sensory communication. I specified "phylaxic" because it's possible for the nooi themselves to set up "barriers" and such preventing others from poking around as they please, it's just that these barriers wouldn't be located in any kind of physical space or be derived from any material source (except the brain-analogue of the being that's conjuring it, provided this being is lyso- rather than aphylaxic).

As for mind-to-world, the way it essentially works is by "embedding" one's nous into a targeted area, which grants the noopract a degree of control over that area and the ability to "will" things into happening. This is, however, counterbalanced by the fact that everything has an innate resistance to being changed in this way, a property known as "antinoesis"; as such, the more a noopract's psychic exertion over an area outweighs the antinoesis of that area and all the objects in it, the more they'll be able to "do things" to it. The "strength" of the antinoetic effect is dependent on several factors, including the size of the area and physical properties of objects within it (e.g. solid, dense objects are more resistant than more vacuous and physically malleable ones). Of course, antinoesis isn't the only thing that can restrict noopraxis - in cases like the ASW and other entities on a similar level of noetic scale, whose capacity for noopraxis far outweighs the antinoesis of just about anything in the Phylaxion, the only thing really keeping their abilities in check is someone else's noopraxis or other "reality-bending" working against them. The "strength" of a noopraxic action also isn't solely dependent on its relation to the antinoesis of whatever it's acting on - there are "shortcuts" that can be taken to bypass one's own weaknesses, typically by drawing from nooi other than the practitioner's own and "channeling" them into said action. This is generally why lysophylaxics tend to have a religious bent to their practices, as they use the "patronage" of some relatively powerful aphylaxic being to enhance their own capacities.

Putting all this into context - the ASW is essentially a single aphylaxic "mind", operating under one overarching nous, of immense cognitive capacity and therefore noopraxic ability. To illustrate a bit, the combined antinoesis of all the stellar bodies in the observable universe would prove vastly insufficient in preventing it from subjecting them all to whatever it feels like at any given moment. This, of course, has little relevance to the RP, since there won't be any involvement from any significant portion of the ASW, nor is any such presence ever to be expected within the Phylaxion, and despite technically being a single entity, its "thought process" is so convoluted and labyrinthine that having any notably large part of it decisively "agree" with itself to do anything other than preserve its own existence, especially something as insignificant as wiping out an entirely unrelated phylaxic region, would be a monumental task. In any case, noopraxis, and its mastery thereof, is the central principle behind every technological capability of the ASW's assets. It creates material proxies with which to interact with the Phylaxion by willing "bodies" for itself into being, it makes those bodies move through space by willing them to do so, and so on. The specifics of how all these work will vary wildly between Spawn, but they always follow the same underlying principle of saturating an area with willpower and shaping it accordingly.

If you still want a tech classification, "EoTT" or "clarketech" would probably be decently applicable for the ASW as a whole. It's a slightly different matter for the individual Spawn or groups thereof that you can expect to see in RP contexts, though, as their capabilities can potentially have a great deal of variation based on the circumstances of their emergence. One Spawn may be able to wipe out a galactic cluster and create an entirely new one in its place on a whim, while another might be limited to whispering in some modosophont's head and lack any flashy abilities. Usually, though, they'll be somewhere in between.

See Journeying Over Empyrean. The Soul Web won't be deploying anything else in the foreseeable future.

Have you read the rules?
addo anno

[CHARACTER APPLICATION FORM: JOURNEYING OVER EMPYREAN]
(also known as Joe)

What race is your character?
Ahxhian Spawn. Basically a tiny piece of Ahxh that "thinks" and "acts" as though it has its own personality.

What is your character’s backstory?
It popped into existence because of some stray thought that Ahxh had. That's about it.

What abilities and/or skills does your character have?
Despite being ostensibly autonomous, Journeying Over Empyrean is in fact a component of the Ahxhian Soul Web; while only having a small piece of it for its personality to use at its (relative) discretion, it can still occasionally tap into larger sections, if not the entirety, of its overarching framework. Its "own" sub-consciousness is roughly analogous to a transapient superintelligence, and can be elevated exponentially by doing the aforementioned, but in most cases that would be deemed unnecessarily taxing on both the ASW's greater structure and the Spawn's own integrity and is therefore rare and generally not to be expected.

Much like the ASW as a whole, Journeying Over Empyrean is capable of splitting itself into further subunits that can operate with varying degrees of independence, ranging from multiple perfectly synchronised instances of itself to several different "individual" personalities each with equivalent autonomy to the original. In any case, the "power" (i.e. intelligence, noopraxic ability, etc) of each subunit is proportional to the fraction of Journeying Over Empyrean that constitutes it, with the sum total of all subunits being equivalent to the capabilities of Journeying Over Empyrean as a whole.

Probably the most important thing to describe about Journeying Over Empyrean's abilities, though, is the extent of the ASW's noopraxic capacity that it can generally be able to use - to put it simply, it's extremely small in the grand scheme of the ASW, and at the scale of this RP, it'd make for a highly advanced and potentially very threatening, but not overwhelming, presence. Think sort of around the ballpark of the orbs I used in Ascension of the Imperium - it'll even keep their physical shape - but with somewhat different mechanics and a generally more "covert" and subtle approach to doing things. I feel like it might be best to hash out any further specifics of this over Discord, though, if need be.

Will your character be supporting any of the main factions? If so, what reason from the “Reasons For Action” section applies?
[Investigation/Curiosity] + [Other] - Journeying Over Empyrean's primary purpose here is simply to facilitate the ASW's observations. However, owing to the typically disjointed and erratic nature of the Soul Web's subunits, it's come to develop a "side goal" of its own, namely to incite and foster the development of a new faction of noopract cultists from within the ranks of the main combatants.

What is your character’s tech level? What equipment do they have with them?
Its only equipment is the infinitesimal fragment of the Soul Web's "mind pool" that it has at its disposal. It can derive a lot of things from this, though, as stated earlier.

Have you read the rules?
cffq cppq

Both are accepted.

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Thu Jan 07, 2021 9:01 pm

This is...late but the IC is up; you can find it here: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=496771.

The Dominion of Mankind
Secretary

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dominion of Mankind » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:12 am

Edit the OP to include the IC!

The Imperial Regions of Commerce
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 01, 2016
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Imperial Regions of Commerce » Sat Jan 16, 2021 3:43 pm

Mithridatium wrote:
[NATIONAL APPLICATION FORM: The Imperial Regions of Commerce]

[✔] Milky Way
[ ] Cymopolia
[ ] Cylius Galaxy
[ ] Extragalactic
[ ] Extrauniversal
[ ] Other

The Imperial Regions of Commerce has had little to no interaction with any of the factions in either the Cybertronian or Cymopolian conflicts, but after analyzing the situation, they most likely will support the Autobot Federation. The Autobots are viewed by them as the most acceptable faction, and the IRoC will attempt to establish diplomatic relations with them. The IRoC is primarily motivated by an investigative outlook to explore foreign galaxies and nations. Long has the nation's territory been plagued by war, and now that a lasting peace has been achieved, it desires to focus on foreign policy and establish itself as a contender in intergalactic affairs. The acquisition of extragalactic holdings is also desired by some within the current administration, as well as the obtaining of rare resources in the foreign galaxies in which IRoC forces may be sent.
The Imperial Regions of Commerce is a federation comprised of nominally autonomous regions. Ever since the wars of unification, a political organization known as the Union Authority has ruled over these regions in an fairly authoritarian regime. The IRoC was created after decades of war, and the Union Authority's main goal is to solidify their regime within the star systems it currently controls. Centralization has been imposed upon all territories, and the component regions of the IRoC have lost any real autonomy. The government silences dissidence with its secret police, and insurrections are crushed by the military. As time passes, the IRoC further cements itself as the dominant power in the area of space where it is located in, with it even endeavoring to expand its domain through colonization campaigns to uninhabited star systems. The Union Authority itself is seen as a big tent, with multiple different internal factions vying for control of it. Though currently a "conservative" faction led by Malcolm Robertson controls the government, enforcing social conservatism while maintaining a controlled economy.
The Imperial Regions of Commerce has long neglected foreign policy in favor of focusing on domestic affairs. Though now that the Union Authority is the unquestioned ruler of the Greater Serenity Area, the government finds it acceptable to resume participating in foreign affairs. Since the nation is located in a remote, previously uninhabited sector of space, no diplomatic relations could be established with other nations on account of their being no nearby countries. Alien races and foreign nations have been discovered when the IRoC explores other galaxies however, and the nation always attempts to establish and maintain friendly relations with any extragalactic polity that it comes into contact with.

The IRoC utilizes advanced spacefaring technology that allows for it to explore foreign star systems and even galaxies. Faster than faster than light technologies enables IRoC ships to traverse though great swathes of space in a relatively short amount of time. Both plasma and kinetic weaponry are used on naval craft and are employed by army units.

A force consisting of one carrier, two battlecruisers, four cruisers, and an assortment of eight or so destroyers and supply ships will be deployed.

Have you read the rules?
beep boop

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Mon Jan 18, 2021 2:34 pm

The Imperial Regions of Commerce wrote:
Mithridatium wrote:
[NATIONAL APPLICATION FORM: The Imperial Regions of Commerce]

[✔] Milky Way
[ ] Cymopolia
[ ] Cylius Galaxy
[ ] Extragalactic
[ ] Extrauniversal
[ ] Other

The Imperial Regions of Commerce has had little to no interaction with any of the factions in either the Cybertronian or Cymopolian conflicts, but after analyzing the situation, they most likely will support the Autobot Federation. The Autobots are viewed by them as the most acceptable faction, and the IRoC will attempt to establish diplomatic relations with them. The IRoC is primarily motivated by an investigative outlook to explore foreign galaxies and nations. Long has the nation's territory been plagued by war, and now that a lasting peace has been achieved, it desires to focus on foreign policy and establish itself as a contender in intergalactic affairs. The acquisition of extragalactic holdings is also desired by some within the current administration, as well as the obtaining of rare resources in the foreign galaxies in which IRoC forces may be sent.
The Imperial Regions of Commerce is a federation comprised of nominally autonomous regions. Ever since the wars of unification, a political organization known as the Union Authority has ruled over these regions in an fairly authoritarian regime. The IRoC was created after decades of war, and the Union Authority's main goal is to solidify their regime within the star systems it currently controls. Centralization has been imposed upon all territories, and the component regions of the IRoC have lost any real autonomy. The government silences dissidence with its secret police, and insurrections are crushed by the military. As time passes, the IRoC further cements itself as the dominant power in the area of space where it is located in, with it even endeavoring to expand its domain through colonization campaigns to uninhabited star systems. The Union Authority itself is seen as a big tent, with multiple different internal factions vying for control of it. Though currently a "conservative" faction led by Malcolm Robertson controls the government, enforcing social conservatism while maintaining a controlled economy.
The Imperial Regions of Commerce has long neglected foreign policy in favor of focusing on domestic affairs. Though now that the Union Authority is the unquestioned ruler of the Greater Serenity Area, the government finds it acceptable to resume participating in foreign affairs. Since the nation is located in a remote, previously uninhabited sector of space, no diplomatic relations could be established with other nations on account of their being no nearby countries. Alien races and foreign nations have been discovered when the IRoC explores other galaxies however, and the nation always attempts to establish and maintain friendly relations with any extragalactic polity that it comes into contact with.

The IRoC utilizes advanced spacefaring technology that allows for it to explore foreign star systems and even galaxies. Faster than faster than light technologies enables IRoC ships to traverse though great swathes of space in a relatively short amount of time. Both plasma and kinetic weaponry are used on naval craft and are employed by army units.

A force consisting of one carrier, two battlecruisers, four cruisers, and an assortment of eight or so destroyers and supply ships will be deployed.

Have you read the rules?
beep boop

Accepted.

Horde of One
Lobbyist

Founded: Nov 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Horde of One » Sun Jul 04, 2021 5:17 am

*twiddles thumbs*
Is this still open to RP apps?
What could have been.
What may yet be.
Reality depends on perspective.

A collection of three star wars based alternate histories. Very loose adherence to canon, I take the interesting bits and leave the rest.

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:43 pm

Horde of One wrote:*twiddles thumbs*
Is this still open to RP apps?

Apologies for the (extremely) late response but I think we resolved this in DMs (not sure) but generally, yes.

My priority right now is AoTI, however, so I will be focusing on that (also, university won't be starting for a while, however, so that's good; I'll have more time on my hands). Hopefully, I'll get back to this at some point.
Last edited by Pax Cybertronian on Mon Jul 19, 2021 8:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents