NATION

PASSWORD

Colonial Superpower? (IC/MT-PMT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Langenia
Negotiator

Founded: Apr 22, 2020
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:58 pm

The United States of Ibica wrote:
Langenia wrote:
"The Captain of the Langenian aircraft carrier Simon Bolivar."

"I assume y'all landed on the west coast of Caustoles? We noticed some ships off that coast so we'll be very relieved if those don't belong to the locals we just stumbled across."

"Yes, our fleet is on the west coast of Caustoles, though currently there is a small contingent in the north of Hopal and another larger contingent ashore in western Caustoles. We are here to warn the locals of other outside powers that might seek to colonize them. Excluding you, right?"
LANGENIA
Fatherland, Unity, and Valor
Overview|Armed Forces|LangenArPort| Incumbent President: Nicolas Furia
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.
Military oversight? Checks on executive powers? Nah.
Our foreign policy: a t t a c k. Also, war?

The United States of Ibica
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 02, 2018
New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 2:59 pm

Romextly wrote:
"We've taken no land. We are just exploring and establishing relationships with the locals." (Technically true, we haven't actually claimed anything, we just plan to)

"But you're building settlements aren't ya."

"We're building one temporary camp right now, but if we were to reach an agreement to allow us to bring settlers out here, we'd certainly accept."

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:00 pm

The Langenian contingent arrives at a town in northern Hopal. They wait.
LANGENIA
Langenia is an MT Latin American nation, the result of European powers not successfully colonizing the region but leaving their mark. We outpollo PolloHut.

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Langenia wrote:
The United States of Ibica wrote:"I assume y'all landed on the west coast of Caustoles? We noticed some ships off that coast so we'll be very relieved if those don't belong to the locals we just stumbled across."

"Yes, our fleet is on the west coast of Caustoles, though currently there is a small contingent in the north of Hopal and another larger contingent ashore in western Caustoles. We are here to warn the locals of other outside powers that might seek to colonize them. Excluding you, right?"

"Of course, that's exactly why we are here is as well. Our successes at making friends has hit a roadblock though. Seems as if they might find you all soon as well."

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Founded: Nov 10, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:01 pm

Romextly wrote:"But you're building settlements aren't ya."

"We're building one temporary camp right now, but if we were to reach an agreement to allow us to bring settlers out here, we'd certainly accept."

"No. I want you out of here."

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:02 pm

Langenia wrote:

"Of course, that's exactly why we are here is as well. Our successes at making friends has hit a roadblock though. Seems as if they might find you all soon as well."

"We're told by our native allies that the people in Paisacrata are rather hostile and unfriendly to outsiders. Might wanna use that info. Who's giving you roadblocks here in Caustoles?"
LANGENIA

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:06 pm

Romextly wrote:

"No. I want you out of here."

"Certainly the response we expected. We will not attempt to settle your territory, you have my word. But we of course can't abide you attacking any native settlements that are friendly to us. But we can perhaps forget about how we met."

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:07 pm

Romextly wrote:"No. I want you out of here."

"Certainly the response we expected. We will not attempt to settle your territory, you have my word. But we of course can't abide you attacking any native settlements that are friendly to us. But we can perhaps forget about how we met."

"We won't attack your allies in the east of here."

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:09 pm

Langenia wrote:

"We're told by our native allies that the people in Paisacrata are rather hostile and unfriendly to outsiders. Might wanna use that info. Who's giving you roadblocks here in Caustoles?"

"There's a confederation that seems to occupy the central area of Caustoles, they shelled a town outside of their territory as their way of introducing themselves. From the basic descriptions we've been given, seems like your forces to the west are well within their territory. But so is our first camp and they locals haven't ratted us out yet. Seems like not all members of the Confederation are happy about the arrangement."

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:11 pm

Romextly wrote:
The United States of Ibica wrote:"Certainly the response we expected. We will not attempt to settle your territory, you have my word. But we of course can't abide you attacking any native settlements that are friendly to us. But we can perhaps forget about how we met."

"We won't attack your allies in the east of here."

"As long as we can leave each other alone, we should be fine then, and we will avoid your territory. Sound fair?"

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:14 pm

Romextly wrote:"We won't attack your allies in the east of here."

"As long as we can leave each other alone, we should be fine then, and we will avoid your territory. Sound fair?"

"We want you off our island."

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:16 pm

Romextly wrote:
The United States of Ibica wrote:"As long as we can leave each other alone, we should be fine then, and we will avoid your territory. Sound fair?"

"We want you off our island."

"And I'm in no position to tell my superiors what to do, but I can pass your requests back up the chain of command. It's pretty easy for me to get them to agree to a truce, but a withdrawal? I Can't make any guarantees."

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:18 pm

Romextly wrote:"We want you off our island."

"And I'm in no position to tell my superiors what to do, but I can pass your requests back up the chain of command. It's pretty easy for me to get them to agree to a truce, but a withdrawal? I Can't make any guarantees."

"Fine."

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:20 pm

Romextly wrote:
The United States of Ibica wrote:"And I'm in no position to tell my superiors what to do, but I can pass your requests back up the chain of command. It's pretty easy for me to get them to agree to a truce, but a withdrawal? I Can't make any guarantees."

"Fine."

"Do you have anything other messages you would like me relay?"

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:22 pm

Romextly wrote:"Fine."

"Do you have anything other messages you would like me relay?"

"None so far."

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:24 pm

Romextly wrote:
The United States of Ibica wrote:"Do you have anything other messages you would like me relay?"

"None so far."

"Then if it's fine with you, seems like it is time we go our separate ways."

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:27 pm

Romextly wrote:"None so far."

"Then if it's fine with you, seems like it is time we go our separate ways."

"leave."

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:34 pm

Meanwhile back in the town of Maurau, the first planes land on the improvised dirt landing strip across the river from town, 1 A-115 and 2 A-30 Transports. They bring much needed food and ammo supplies for the Ibican forces, as well as medical supplies for the military, as well as some donated to the clinic in town. On board were also an assortment on contractor brought in to help fulfil promises of improvements to the locals. First and foremost, the bridge across the river, which soldier were concerned would collapse every time it was crossed. Also on their to do list, more permanent structures to replace the tent city that is Joint Base Maurau.

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 3:36 pm

Romextly wrote:
The United States of Ibica wrote:"Then if it's fine with you, seems like it is time we go our separate ways."

"leave."

"With pleasure." The officers and their aides returned to the village, and retrieved their weapons. Most of the soldiers remained in the town to guard it while the officers returned to the ships to relay the events to their commanders.

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:28 pm

Langenia wrote:

"There's a confederation that seems to occupy the central area of Caustoles, they shelled a town outside of their territory as their way of introducing themselves. From the basic descriptions we've been given, seems like your forces to the west are well within their territory. But so is our first camp and they locals haven't ratted us out yet. Seems like not all members of the Confederation are happy about the arrangement."

"Do your allies have problems with them? We'll consult ours."
LANGENIA

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:29 pm

Langenia wrote:The Langenian contingent arrives at a town in northern Hopal. They wait.

The Langenian contingent approaches the town, with their hands in the air, waving a white flag they had. "Do any of you speak English?" asks the commander.
LANGENIA

Ambassador

New York Times Democracy

Postby The United States of Ibica » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:33 pm

Langenia wrote:
The United States of Ibica wrote:"There's a confederation that seems to occupy the central area of Caustoles, they shelled a town outside of their territory as their way of introducing themselves. From the basic descriptions we've been given, seems like your forces to the west are well within their territory. But so is our first camp and they locals haven't ratted us out yet. Seems like not all members of the Confederation are happy about the arrangement."

"If they didn't before they sure do now. We have satellites surveying their territory now, and would be willing to share that information with you if you have trouble with them"

Langenia
Negotiator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Langenia » Sat Nov 21, 2020 4:39 pm

Langenia wrote:

"If they didn't before they sure do now. We have satellites surveying their territory now, and would be willing to share that information with you if you have trouble with them"

"Good. I'll consult my superiors and see if we can come to an agreement between us and our respective allies to fight against outsiders and other hostile natives."
LANGENIA

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Nov 22, 2020 1:38 am

Allanea wrote:Candabaumie

The ship seemed small as it approached over the Northern waters, a small, angular onbject of grey metal. What was its purpose? Certainly it declared none, remaining silent as it scouted closer and closer to the shore.

It was a Free Kingdom Navy cruiser, the FKS Vigilant, and it was listening. Its antennae picked up signals from dozens of different frequencies, and overhead, satellites collected images of the shoreline.

But so far, it would not act.

Allanean intelligence received information that this underdeveloped island had been a place were human trafficking and modern slavery still blighted the earth. If it was true, it would allow the Allaneans to achieve two goals at once.

And one of these goals was to kill slavers.

Reposting this at the OP's request.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Romextly
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Romextly » Sun Nov 22, 2020 11:23 am

Allanea wrote:Candabaumie

The ship seemed small as it approached over the Northern waters, a small, angular onbject of grey metal. What was its purpose? Certainly it declared none, remaining silent as it scouted closer and closer to the shore.

It was a Free Kingdom Navy cruiser, the FKS Vigilant, and it was listening. Its antennae picked up signals from dozens of different frequencies, and overhead, satellites collected images of the shoreline.

But so far, it would not act.

Allanean intelligence received information that this underdeveloped island had been a place were human trafficking and modern slavery still blighted the earth. If it was true, it would allow the Allaneans to achieve two goals at once.

And one of these goals was to kill slavers.

There were natives wacthing. They clutched their guns, as the only time that a ship made of metal had appeared had been the conquerors. They were long gone, as the tribe and their allies had kicked them off. But there had always been prophecies that foreigners would return. And here, they saw the small ship looming closer. Their guns would do nothing against that metal ship. They would have to wait and pray that they would not be noticed...

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents