NATION

PASSWORD

Entropic Sunrise - [OOC, Signup, Discussion, FT/FanT, War]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Founded: Jan 29, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Mon Nov 15, 2021 9:25 am

Qhevak wrote:Working on my latest post, though I've had a lot more work to do lately. I'll try and set the end of tomorrow as deadline even if I have to sacrifice some length/quality.

if you're fine with waiting a teensy bit i can get the part with my dudes in the landers going to ground up soon
i have it at least mostly done
 ◑ THE CONFEDERACY IS DEAD - LONG LIVE THE CONFEDERACY ◐ 

Say to me no more Apollo...SoonLine Go UpNeed to finish this
A region of space in a firm schizotech PMT/FT setting wracked by civil war and strife as the remnants of a bureaucratic hyperstate attempt to assert ideological dominance over an attempt at (authoritarian) democracy.

vibin

Current Flag: An aesthetic experiment highlighting the contrast in the symbols of the ⟡ Free League ⟡ and the ❖ Interim Government ❖.

vaspelia wrote: this nation is wip and raw as fuck, please don't look at it yet
【palisadewave】

Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Qhevak » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:19 am

Aight, I'll wait for that then.

Also a current ORBAT before ground fighting starts:
Space Battle Forces

Hounds of Tindalos Recon Group 9, Combined Task Force 7/15

1x LGV-215-E2 Seraph-class Cruiser

2x Ba-71 Grizzly-class Planetary Assault Craft

Ground Battle Forces

Hounds of Tindalos Insertion Group 22, Combined Task Force 7/15

21x TTI-44A Roc Planetary Assault Craft (landed)

21x Roc Deployment Mobile Assault Packs landed at spaceport, typical Pack composition:
    100x MIU-43 Rockhound Medium Tactical Strike Morphs
    200x LII-50 Gremlin Light Support Morphs
    6x MIP-50 Badger Heavy Support Synthmorph (2x w. AEK-800 Light Laser Pulse Cannon, 2x w. 200mm GMLRS, 1x w. 120mm automatic magmortar, 1x with Lu-90 Synchrocannon)
    15x Ba-30 Long Range Carriers (Tracked)
    10x ZuT-15 Locust Light Air Support Synthmorphs
    3x FA-111B Yrthak High Speed Air Support Synthmorphs with mixed-target loadouts
    4x Ba-28 Combat Engineering Vehicles
    Assorted support synsects

2x semi-intact Rock Deployment Mobile Assault Packs crash-landed, total combined composition:

190x MIU-43 Rockhound Medium Tactical Strike Morphs
    370x LII-50 Gremlin Light Support Morphs
    9x MIP-50 Badger Heavy Support Synthmorph (3x w. AEK-800 Light Laser Pulse Cannon, 2x w. 200mm GMLRS, 2x w. 120mm automatic magmortar, 2x w. Lu-90 Synchrocannon)
    16x Ba-30 Long Range Carriers (Tracked)
    9x ZuT-15 Locust Light Air Support Synthmorphs
    3x FA-111B Yrthak High Speed Air Support Synthmorphs with mixed-target loadouts
    2x Ba-28 Combat Engineering Vehicles
    Assorted support synsects
Last edited by Qhevak on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:35 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Oortian Community of Qhevak
Distributed association of posthuman Oort cloud space habitats in deep Scutum Centaurus - basically all of these ideologies living together. A Power 5 civilization according to this index. Does not use NS stats. Wiki here.
Aerospace Engineering grad student, currently doing work on smallsat and sounding rocket projects.
Previously Gogol Transcendancy, Ibis Galaxy Alliance.
N&I RP in a shellnut

The Disorder
Envoy

Founded: Nov 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:51 am

Unthidor wrote:Also, I read through what's been posted, but a quick recap of what forces are heading towards the ground would be great, so we can get the ground battle going.

The Disorder is inserting three Norothrexes. I expect at least one of them to get shot down 'fairly soon'. They are not particularly tough units to destroy. Once the Unthians discover that Norothrexes are horrendously lethal flying guns, I imagine they will prioritize blowing those up. This will probably end up being the pivotal deciding factor between defeat at Everfree and victory at Terra Nostra: Blowing up enough Norothrexes. They're roughly equivalent to nuclear bombers with bottomless magazines. Once the Disorder loses all six of them, it becomes an extremely winnable war for the Unthians!

They also have 8 dropships headed in (factbook coming soon), four of which are carrying Xutera mechs. The dropships are mostly an array of rocket engines with a laser turret in the middle, so they're quite performant in air-to-air combat. As a ground attack unit, it's a bit like an A-10 from space, with VTOL capability. Their shielding isn't great, but it's better than the Norothrex class.

All of these units are aiming for the same airspace as the Valkyries' landing zone. I believe they started toward the surface after their mercenaries did, but with their incredibly generous delta-V budget and energy shields, extremely fast and steep atmospheric entry isn't an issue. They will probably arrive around the same time as the Valks' landing, or maybe slightly afterward.

(48 meters long, 16,415 metric tons, 22:1 thrust-to-weight ratio w/o payload)
Last edited by The Disorder on Mon Nov 15, 2021 11:07 am, edited 4 times in total.
A secular destruction-cult, a rogue nation of space nomads, militarized mad scientists & anarchists.

NS Stats for The Disorder are not IC. These are.
A 4.333 civilization, according to this index.

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Mon Nov 15, 2021 6:08 pm

lander vibes

post tonight if my brain clicks into action but i've been staring at a page for ten minutes already :smile1:

A region of space in a firm schizotech PMT/FT setting wracked by civil war and strife as the remnants of a bureaucratic hyperstate attempt to assert ideological dominance over an attempt at (authoritarian) democracy.

vibin

Current Flag: An aesthetic experiment highlighting the contrast in the symbols of the ⟡ Free League ⟡ and the ❖ Interim Government ❖.

【palisadewave】

Unthidor
Attaché

Founded: Nov 25, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Unthidor » Tue Nov 16, 2021 12:26 pm

The Disorder wrote:Hopefully CBG Palisade or Qhevak will make a post soon. But nevertheless, I will do everything in my power to prevent the RP from dying. I can definitely meet (and exceed) the one-post-per-week requirement.

If Unthidor finds this acceptable: We will no longer be waiting infinitely for people to post. Unthidor and I can indeed go ahead and make posts, and have our respective nations do battle.

Infrequent posters will still be welcome to participate - but if someone is AFK for a really long time, they might find that the individual events in which they were participating were resolved without them. Whatever forces they were previously using can be re-inserted into current events. Things may get a little weird if a roleplayer goes AFK and their forces stop doing stuff for a while, but I am okay with that kind of mild weirdness. No one will be allowed to godmod or take control of another roleplayer's forces, and no one will be allowed to pile attacks onto AFK players.

To an extent, we have already been doing this. We already have a few users in this RP who have been AFK for an extremely long time - and they are still welcome to post at any time. No one is going to be removed from the list of approved-posters, just because IRL things happen and they end up AFK for a while.

I feel that this is a fair and acceptable compromise between "active RPers would like to RP" and "AFK things happen".

That sounds fair, thanks for understanding. As for myself, I will be checking in at least once a day. Also, the hanger base frame kit I ordered finally came in, so I can get better pics of my various mech models. Gonna be updating the factbook with images and stats soon.

Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Qhevak » Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:31 am

I'm almost done with my post, and should be able to get it in late today or tomorrow, but I'm starting to feel like the typical "describe your attacks, opponent describes effects and responds" format will get increasingly clunkier as combat gets more fast paced and close quarters. I think it might be a good idea to start a Discord GC to plan combat out beforehand.
Distributed association of posthuman Oort cloud space habitats in deep Scutum Centaurus - basically all of these ideologies living together. A Power 5 civilization according to this index. Does not use NS stats. Wiki here.
Aerospace Engineering grad student, currently doing work on smallsat and sounding rocket projects.
N&I RP in a shellnut

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:23 pm

i'd be down for that, yeah

vibin

【palisadewave】

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:40 pm

Qhevak wrote:I think it might be a good idea to start a Discord GC to plan combat out beforehand.

Can do!
https://discord.gg/gKvqDkP8N6

CBG-Palisade wrote:lander vibes:

Disorder dropships are definitely inspired by the landers from Interstellar! It's a supertech torchship lander! Except the mad bastard who invented the thing decided that payload-lifting transports absolutely need to have a giant laser turret, in case a pilot gets the fleeting urge to evaporate tanks or something.
Last edited by The Disorder on Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
A secular destruction-cult, a rogue nation of space nomads, militarized mad scientists & anarchists.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Sat Nov 27, 2021 11:36 am

I will be making a post on the RP tomorrow.

Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Qhevak » Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:38 pm

Cool to hear.

Also, here's the bulk of Hound of Tindalos's ground and air strike forces in FD scale:
Credit to Synne for the Rockhound and Yrthak models, rest are mine.
Last edited by Qhevak on Sat Nov 27, 2021 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
N&I RP in a shellnut

Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Qhevak » Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:24 am

Cool post, nice to see more activity.

Anyway, if CBG gets her post up soon the next bit is likely to involve the beginning of the conclusion of the space engagement, the dogfight with Yrthaks+Unthidor Alphas vs Disorder aircraft, and Sasha's forces running hard into the crashed Hound segment as they move to link up with the rest at the airbase. With so much going on in a short period of time I think it might be a good idea to do this next bit as a cowrite megapost on a Google Doc rather than trying to RP it out in turns.

Also, looking back at the map from the start of the engagement I just realized that Unthidor's Swantons are in pretty much a perfect position to back my presently beleaguered task group up against the flanking Arustkaanas. Figure they should probably be doing more in that respect.
Last edited by Qhevak on Mon Nov 29, 2021 8:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
N&I RP in a shellnut

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Mon Nov 29, 2021 1:23 pm

Qhevak wrote:Also, looking back at the map from the start of the engagement I just realized that Unthidor's Swantons are in pretty much a perfect position to back my presently beleaguered task group up against the flanking Arustkaanas. Figure they should probably be doing more in that respect.

They absolutely are in position to give those Arustkaanas some return-fire! Only ordinance coming from 'straight ahead' (or very close to it) is particularly suceptible to glancing off of the shield. Attacking them from any other angle will be much more effective. And for Disorder ships, power spent recharging shields is power that cannot be spent recharging weapons.

The good guys (Unthidor & Qhevak) are going to have their hands quite full in the orbital theater - but even moreso if Cirazeth keeps wreaking havoc with a majority-share of her power output diverted to her phase cannon.

The Disorder
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby The Disorder » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:48 pm

It has been eight days. Somebody should post.

I may go ahead and make an internal world-building post in the nexy day or two. Disorder asteroid lairs are just as nuts as the anarchists that call them home.

Qhevak
Chargé d'Affaires

Postby Qhevak » Tue Dec 07, 2021 5:11 pm

I currently have some exams but will get on it after the 15th.

Also need Unithidor and CBG to post before updating in any of the three theaters I currently have troops in.
N&I RP in a shellnut

CBG-Palisade
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby CBG-Palisade » Wed Dec 22, 2021 12:09 am

:lfg:

finally not writers blocked
sooooooon my children i shall come bearing gifts of text
but now it is midnight
i must sleep

sorry for not checking up on all my rp commitments recently, finals and recently my family had divided my attentions rather elsewhere.

vibin

【palisadewave】

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents