NATION

PASSWORD

Second Vesvai Conflict (COMPLETED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sat Nov 14, 2020 6:29 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Night from November 14 to 15

The military was handling issues of greater security for the facilities classified as military bases. These were targets for the insurgents and that’s why security needed to be propped up for them. Especially since it was now night time and many troops might want to retreat. Also night time is a tempting time for insurgents to launch an attack because they think that’s the time when everybody was going to be off guard. That’s why it was important to act opposite to the expectation and deliver a message to any insurgents that attacking army-used bases is equal to being shot on sight. The troops definitely will have night vision goggles to achieve that objective. Question is: will the insurgents have the same resources? Most likely they’ll just be shot for trespass. But given the radicalism of many of these insurrectionists the army was prepared for any possibility.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sat Nov 14, 2020 7:22 pm

Border between New Vesvai and the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Night from November 14 to 15

After losing some aircraft the Union Air Force didn’t know how involved it could be in stopping enemy advance in the Union and supporting the Union’s counter-offensive into New Vesvai. The Union Air Force didn’t know how to save the nation from currently losing on those fronts. Neither did the army because it appeared that calling in for air strikes was just a waste of aircraft at this point and also a risk for the lives of the pilots after the most recent shoot-down by the Sunrisians. But the army did need air support so that’s just a risk the military needed to take. The enemy land forces needed to be struck and so did those land mines so that a passage for the Union army into New Vesvai’s territory could be created if New Vesvai and VTLF militants were to continue their own invasion into the Union. The enemy air forces needed to be countered too and doing it just from the ground with anti-air weapons was not enough. Often there was a need for fire to be fought with fire and that’s why the air forces needed to fight air forces. So the engagement of the Union Air Force was still necessary.
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

New Vesvai
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Declaration of the Second Cease-Fire

Postby New Vesvai » Tue Nov 24, 2020 7:21 pm

Border between New Vesvai and the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, November 24

The Vesvaian Revolutionary Army and the Vesvaian Territorial Liberation Force were now controlling the border lands of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai alongside New Vesvai. The occupied territories were remade into a security belt lying between New Vesvai and the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai as a buffer zone. The army commanders let the government in Perloveu know of the situation on the frontline. The latest update made the government decide that it was time for a cease-fire.

The media of New Vesvai reported on that day:

“New Vesvai’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs has declared unilateral cease-fire in the conflict with the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai this early morning. Now hours later New Vesvai’s Prime Minister Hale Aniho has made the same declaration in her special address. The Prime Minister said that she and the Foreign Ministry are making a declaration of unilateral cease-fire on behalf of New Vesvai, but also on behalf of the Vesvaian Territorial Liberation Force (VTLF) with an agreement with Round Table–Free Vesvai and the soldiers of VTLF. Additionally New Vesvai has appealed to Sunrisia to join the cease-fire and the request was satisfied.

During the active phase of the armed conflict the Vesvaian Revolutionary Army (VRA) and the Vesvaian Territorial Liberation Force (VTLF) occupied the Union’s border land along New Vesvai’s border. This created a buffer zone between New Vesvai’s territory and the territory of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. The buffer zone is referred to as the security belt and it is controlled by the troops of VRA and VTLF. PM Hale Aniho said that VRA and VTLF would stop and not advance any further if the Union forces don’t counter-attack in an attempt to retake control over the security belt. If the Union army attacks then VRA and VTLF with requested help from Sunrisia would defend the security belt and not rule out that more Union land could be incorporated into the security belt in the wake of fighting.

PM Aniho also said that she can only speak for the actions of VRA and VTLF on declaring cease-fire while also partially mentioning that the Sunrisians have joined the cease-fire. As for the internal rebellion in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai PM Aniho can’t speak for local rebels there. Yet she called on Fortwel to stopped armed suppression of pro-independence forces in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and engage in dialogue with them. Otherwise it would be difficult to achieve stable peace on the Island of Vesvai.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:12 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, November 24

When the forces of New Vesvai and VTLF declared cease-fire along with New Vesvai’s government the Union army also stopped attacking. The Union government did not declare cease-fire but the military de facto did. Senior officers were planning to call Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit and Minister of Foreign Affairs of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina in order to ask them what to do. Reaching Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal or President of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Russel Kelpir would be more difficult but attempts will be made nonetheless.
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:36 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Night from November 24 to 25

On the night of the same day the senior officers of the Union army reached Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit. In turn Praesedit called Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal who was at his residence and in his home office at the desk. He was not asleep and no really planning too. Instead he was going through paperwork and smoking cigarettes until the phone call came to him. Having heard all the news from the frontline told by Praesedit the Prime Minister asked Praesedit to call the head of the nation’s diplomacy Minister of Foreign Affairs Nicholas Vicina to tell the whole cease-fire situation. Mollisal then told Praesedit to call him back and also tell Vicina to call Mollisal afterwards.
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Tue Nov 24, 2020 11:56 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Night from November 24 to 25

The fighting had ceased on the border and portions of the Union’s border land were under New Vesvai’s and VTLF’s occupation. Until there might be some new orders coming in the Union army wouldn’t launch a counter-offensive. The Union forces just slightly pulled back to create some distance between themselves and the forces of New Vesvai along with the forces of VTLF. But so far it seemed like the other side wasn’t lying about the fact that everyone from their side had joined the cease-fire. The proof for this was that not only were New Vesvai’s and VTLF forces no longer firing but Sunrisian cruise missile strikes or Sunrisian air strikes haven’t been coming in any longer either.

But even with the fighting against the external enemy ceasing for now the enemy inside was still active. That’s why the Union needed to resume its anti-terrorist counter-insurgency against the local separatist fighters. The Union army had to hold the line but the absence of the enemy’s further advance allowed it to help Internal Troops a little more in the domestic counter-insurgency. The loss of land and the cease-fire meant that winning a battle against the outside aggression with the return of occupied territories was less likely. But the military could still win the fight against the weaker enemy within.

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Founded: May 03, 2014
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:30 am

17:30 CST (Central Standard Time), November 25

Sunrisian Naval Forces kept warships near the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, specifically the Union’s part of the Vesvai Island, at the same positions as before. The only difference this time was that the Sunrisian Navy was no longer firing into the land of the Union, abiding by the Sunrisian government’s order to join the declared second ceasefire at the request of the government of New Vesvai. The same rule applied to the Sunrisian Air Force. The fighter jets ended the aerial campaign and air support for the military forces of New Vesvai and the Vesvaian Territorial Liberation Force (VTLF), who were now successfully controlling the security belt made up of occupied Union territories along the shared border. Sunrisian fighter jets returned to military airfields in New Vesvai.

Minister of International Relations of the Nationalist Republic of Sunrisia Vénî Adsécĕr informed the colleagues and counterparts in New Vesvai that Sunrisia would support the second ceasefire and a diplomatic resolution of the conflict, but would also be ready to resume military support on the battlefield if the Union forces decide to launch a counter-offensive, including against the territory of New Vesvai and also the security belt. However, continued armament and military tech supplies, along with training for the military of New Vesvai and the rebel VTLF, would continue on the territory of New Vesvai regardless of whether there is active combat happening or not. In the meantime, separately from the allies, Sunrisia’s Prime Intelligence Division (PID) would be individually observing the situation inside the part of the Vesvai Island belong to the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, in order to observe the counter-insurgency by the government forces there against the local pro-independence uprising, as well as to observe there was no radicalism or terrorism coming from either party, so that Sunrisia could clearly realize that it was not helping any radical elements among the Vesvaian rebellion.
Last edited by Sunrisia on Wed Nov 25, 2020 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Nov 25, 2020 10:55 pm

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, November 26

On the next morning Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal was at the headquarters of the government. The cabinet ministers were there with him. As Mollisal was walking through the hallway Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit came up to him and they walked together as they conversed.

“So what’s the plan? Any reaching out to the President?” – asked Praesedit.

“No I didn’t and somehow I don’t wish to do it right now.” – Mollisal replied.

Praesedit was slightly surprised but kept his traditionally cold composure and stoic emotions – “I’ll need you to clarify that for me cause I need to tell something to the troops. Not to mention the parliament will be on my ass and also on yours. So it’d be better if you give me something to work with or go get the President in on this.”

“Vicina said we should wait and focus on domestic hooligans now.” – Mollisal was referencing Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina and his advice to him.

“Interesting. Somehow Vicina didn’t mention that to me in the phone call. Why even bother having me call him first and then call you back the other day?” – replied Praesedit.

“Nobody’s hiding anything from your Robert. He gave this suggestion today” – said Mollisal.

“So if I understood you correctly Vicina suggested that we capitulate?” – asked Praesedit.

“You and I both know Nicholas for a while now. He wouldn’t suggest anything this stupid. He merely said that if the New Vesvaians, the Sunrisians and VTLF agreed to declare cease-fire on their behalf then we should do the same. But we don’t say it officially and we make the agreement with the other side that our agreement to this recent cease-fire is confidential. That will help us save face, avoid conflicts within the government and also any backlash from the population even though we’d know how to deal with that anyways. As we always did.” – explained Mollisal.

“And that’s it? That’s how it ends?” – Praesedit clarified.

“At the moment that’s the option that would work best. But of course we’re not ending it here. We’ll just buy time to avoid all this crap I just listed and maybe also have time to regroup and come up with a strategy. And that’s where you come in. Understand that if we didn’t go with this plan then we’d still have cruise missiles and air strikes coming and destroying our positions while the New Vesvaians and VTLF maybe even grab more land. I’m sorry but the troops have been doing poorly out there. That means that whatever we have been doing wasn’t working. So until we figure out our mistakes and come up with a new strategy a confidential cease-fire is what we’re going with. Nicholas bought you time Robert.” – Mollisal fired back.

“Ok Mr. Prime Minister. So what do I tell the troops in the meantime?” – asked Praesedit.

“Their orders remain the same. Tell them to remain in position at the occupied territories but no first attacks. Uphold a cease-fire and only fight back if attacked. As for the rebels keep dealing with them the same way they’ve been. Only try being more effective cause I’ve heard things have been going pretty bad there too.” – said Mollisal.

“And the President?” – asked Praesedit.

“The President’s busy. I’ll let him know everything he needs to know and if he makes a decision all of us here will know.” – Mollisal replied.

“Fine. I’m going then.” – Praesedit replied and walked away without much additional small talk.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Nov 25, 2020 11:20 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, November 26

The Union army now had a mandate to join the Internal Troops full time in counter-insurgency operations given the cease-fire with the invaders. They only needed a quarter of their attention devoted to holding the line against occupant forces to make sure they don’t advance further and stay where they are. The rest of energy, attention and resources could be devoted to hunting for local guerillas in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. These rebels weren’t part of the cease-fire agreement although the local authorities and individual officials in the Union government were sure they had foreign influence and foreign support.

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Thu Dec 03, 2020 4:06 am

On the December 2, Sunrisia announced that it was going to deploy peacekeepers to the security belt between New Vesvai and the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. The announcement was made by the Department of Security of the Nationalist Republic of Sunrisia initially and was then reaffirmed personally by Minister of Security of the Nationalist Republic of Sunrisia Vîsár Inpétăs. This deployment was done at the request of the government of New Vesvai, which initially asked for Sunrisia to deploy a military base with combat soldiers, but Sunrisia instead opted for peacekeepers, seeing to how it was not in a direct state of war with Oblaren and Vesvai, thus not seeing it fit to have its’ combat troops occupy the country’s land. Instead, the military personnel sent would be given the status of peacekeepers, a mandate for a peacekeeping operation and be stationed there to help uphold the existing ceasefire between warring parties. Thus, the Sunrisian Peacekeeping Force on the Vesvai Parallel (SPFVP), a peacekeeping taskforce of 1,900 military personnel and commanded by General Maggel Ambítăs, was created with an agreement between the Convet of the Nationalist Republic of Sunrisia, the temporary commander-in-chief President Césâ Gáûdĕr and commanding officers of the Sunrisian Defense Force (SDF).

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sat Dec 05, 2020 3:42 am

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 5

Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal was briefly at the government HQ on a Saturday. He needed to speak with Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina. That’s why they were invited to come along as well. Mollisal wasn’t planning to keep them long or stay there for long himself. Saturday was still a Saturday.

Mollisal was standing and looking through a window in silence with his arms behind his back. Praesedit and Vicina were sitting at the table and waiting for something to happen. Mollisal had his back towards the cabinet colleagues before finally turning to them.

“Ok so Nicholas are you sure that we can just let the Sunrisians keep these troops on occupied territory not to mention those New Vesvaians and their VTLF criminals?” – asked Mollisal.

“Prime Minister that is the only way right now. If we continue to fight we might have more losses.” – Vicina replied.

Praesedit interrupted – “Oh come on! That’s such nonsense!”

“Excuse me Robert?” – Vicina replied with confusion.

“You heard me Nicholas. We have a ton of ways to get out of this and you have just thrown concession without any conditions in there. We haven’t even tried half of the ways in our disposal.” – Replied Praesedit.

“Listen my job is diplomacy and peacemaking. I’ve done my part. If you screwed up with military policy and led us to the situation that we’re in right now then don’t look at me.” – Vicina fired back.

Praesedit was stunned – “So now you want to pin this on me?”

“Same way you just tried to pin everything on me” – Vicina said.

“Guys, guys. Stop!” – Mollisal interrupted both. – “How about I ask the questions here and you reply when I motion towards you? Otherwise we’ll be here longer than any of us might want to on a Saturday. Minister Vicina go ahead.”

“Thank you. Well I don’t want to be pessimistic here but we have to admit one thing. Since we’ve created the Union we had to leave the Rhodeve Commonwealth. That was a big loss for us and a grand sacrifice we’ve made for the sake of the Union’s creation. Fortunately ROVAA membership is what we have managed to retain. But the tragedy is that the mutual defense clause has failed at this point so ROVAA has lost its purpose in that sense.” – Vicina stated.

Mollisal replied – “Let me cut in immediately there Nicholas. ROVAA is not just a military bloc as you know. It’s also a economic, scientific and political alliance with common laws, conventions and practices in all walks of life. So before you make any hints on whether we need it…”

“Not at all Prime Minister. I’m behind ROVAA 100%. But it’s concerning that the mutual defense clause hasn’t ensured security for the Union against New Vesvai–VTLF–Sunrisia aggression. You have to admit it makes you wonder” – Vicina cautiously said.

“These weren’t regular circumstances Minister. First of all the world is paralyzed by the pandemic. Aznazia and Rhodevus couldn’t get involved on our side. Second of all we have a disputed government situation developed where those Round Table scumbags suspended Vesvai’s part of the Union’s membership in ROVAA. Then we had a large part of the conflict being generated by internal militia. And finally we didn’t trigger the mutual defense clause ourselves so what are our allies supposed to do?” – Mollisal said.

Vicina replied – “In that case we can blame our own choices and not ROVAA. You made a good case for the bloc Prime Minister. I guess my suggestion for the future is that we then uphold only the non-military parts of the treaty but I’m not sure how the partners within ROVAA will react to that.”

Mollisal stated – “Let’s think about ROVAA later. Right now it’s out of the question whether we’re in or out. We’re in there and we’re not abandoning any integration benefits ROVAA membership has for us. Besides the question is not just for Vesvaians but also for Oblarenites.”

Praesedit interjected despite Mollisal asking to be the one to ask questions and give a right to speak – “What about the Engleans or SVDC or our past fellow Commonwealth members?”

“What about them?” – asked Mollisal.

Praesedit replied – “What do you mean what about them? Can’t we get them to help us?”

Mollisal motioned to Vicina who then replied – “We could but we don’t know how much that would help us because not even our mutual defense treaty allies could be available. We have no treaties with past Commonwealth members or with SVDC members that would obligate them to fight for the Union. It could only be a matter of choice at that moment of how much they would be willing to help us. But now that Sunrisian troops are here I wouldn’t suggest calling anybody to fight directly for us and I’m not even sure anybody would if we did.”

Stunned Praesedit replied – “Why the hell not?”

“Nuclear weapons. Ever heard of those Robert? Nobody is going to be willing to risk blowing up the world for the Union.” – Vicina replied.

“The Sunrisians sure seemed to. They attacked us even though they knew it might mean an attack against ROVAA and it should’ve been seen as such and treated as such” – Praesedit fired back.

Vicina then replied – “Well they took a gamble and they won for now as much as it might suck to admit it. I suggest that we do what we can right now and at least take out the guerillas.”

Mollisal then said – “Ok. Let’s take this from the top one more time and go over things.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:44 am

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 5

Union army and Internal Troops were busy with their hunt for guerillas. Because the armed insurrection had no leadership or a clear central authority the only option that the military and police forces had was to occupy the whole Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and establish clear control. In that case no militia could slip by without getting noticed or exercise control over Vesvaian soil.

Sunrisia
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Sunrisia » Sat Dec 05, 2020 8:06 am

Orentan, Nationalist Republic of Sunrisia, 16:51 CST (Central Standard Time), December 5

By recommendation from National Defense Consultant Líbêll Aûctórên, the acting head of state and temporary commander-in-chief President Césâ Gáûdĕr called up a National Defense Council meeting. The President did as advised, however, because of the RETRIT-20/PVAX-20 pandemic, the meeting would have to be virtual. During the meeting, National Defense Consultant Líbêll Aûctórên and Minister of Security of the Nationalist Republic of Sunrisia Vîsár Inpétăs advised that the number of peacekeepers be increased from the initial and currently deployed 1,900 up to 5,000 peacekeepers. The National Defense Consultant and the Minister of Security looked to the commanding officers of the Sunrisian Defense Force (SDF) for strategic support of this initiative, which ultimately ended up being backed up. General Maggel Ambítăs, who commands the Sunrisian Peacekeeping Force on the Vesvai Parallel (SPFVP), participated in the virtual National Defense Council meeting from deployment in Oblaren and Vesvai, stating readiness to accept additional peacekeepers. President Césâ Gáûdĕr approved of additional deployment, however, the temporary commander-in-chief requested that Minister of Security Vîsár Inpétăs go to the Convet of the Nationalist Republic of Sunrisia to ask for support from lawmakers for the additional deployment of more peacekeepers.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Dec 09, 2020 2:13 am

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Night from December 8 to December 9

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina was at his office at the government headquarters. It was late at night and Vicina was doing some overtime. He was attempting to reach his counterparts in New Vesvai’s Ministry of Foreign Affairs by phone. Since Vicina was in Fortwel on the Isles of Oblaren and the counterparts he was trying to reach were down in the Island of Vesvai and specifically in Perloveu, New Vesvai then the time difference wasn’t expected to be too great. At the same time Vicina was in his office at night, almost past midnight so he was working late even for those around him. But a government official of his caliber could allow himself to convince the night guards to let him stay for longer while the rest of the staff were clear for the night.

Vicina needed to get in contact with New Vesvaians after Creperia became the most recent nation to join the conflict basically through its extensive help to the military of New Vesvai under MDAA rules. New Vesvai and VTLF by association now had a lot of nations directly involved on their behalf while Oblaren and Vesvai was struggling a bit more for support even though help from Talvistova, government and non-government help from Belantica and apperant deeper involvement by the Englean Kaiserreich and Kleinaruscha was appreciated too and bringing forth optimism.

After Vicina’s first calls did not work he sat there in silence and waited before he could call back or waited for the other side to call him back. Vicina was tapping his fingers on the table and slightly whistling while waiting. Vicina then pulled out a bottle of scotch from his drawer and felt it was safe to open it up and pour him some since nobody was around and the night guards wouldn’t snitch. If he doesn’t manage to contact New Vesvaians tonight Vicina was going to get back to the office tomorrow morning or in the earlier half of the day and finish what he started. In this case he was referring to the phone calls but the scotch wasn’t ruled out either unless he finishes it tonight.

New Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Vesvai » Fri Dec 11, 2020 4:12 pm

Perloveu, New Vesvai, December 9

The headquarters of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs were aware the whole day that the counterparts from the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai have been trying to reach them. Specifically it was Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina. He has been trying to contact the Foreign Ministry of New Vesvai during the night from December 8 to December 9. But New Vesvai’s Foreign Ministry was out of commission for the night whereas the colleagues in the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai apparently were not. At least Union’s Foreign Minister Nicholas Vicina was behaving like an insomniac that night and blowing up New Vesvai’s Foreign Ministry’s phones. On the morning of December 9 when New Vesvai’s Foreign Ministry was finally in commission they finally responded to the calls of Union’s Foreign Minister Nicholas Vicina.

December 10

The following day was the day of a diplomatic dialogue between Perloveu and Fortwel 24/7. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs of New Vesvai and the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai were talking for the whole day. Various high-level officials of Ministry of Foreign Affairs of New Vesvai and Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina were involved all the way throughout.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Fri Dec 11, 2020 6:00 pm

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 11

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina has been on the line with the officials of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of New Vesvai non-stop for the past couple of days. But rather than defuse or ease the situation on the Island of Vesvai it only looked to be getting worse. And now it didn’t seem like it was not entirely the fault of the New Vesvaians.

Foreign Minister Nicholas Vicina was informed that Creperia has started sending armaments, military tech, ammunition and training to the troops of New Vesvai. Although New Vesvai was at fault for accepting this, by all logic any military has the right to accept help being given to it. It could be presented as isolated aid not directly linked to the conflict on the Island of Vesvai but it was pretty clear that it was. Also although Creperia like Edereon before it only claimed to be aiding the military of New Vesvai which is an MDAA associate member the Union suspected that they were aiding VTLF and possibly local militia inside Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. But still the involvement of Creperia pointed more fingers at Sunrisia because Creperia was basically a vassal state of Sunrisia, a member of MDAA and SOWEFTA, convinced to start military aid for New Vesvai like Edereon was. This means that the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai now needed to speak with the Sunrisians too and not just to defuse the situation.

The final nail in the coffin was also the involvement of Baggnagia which is another client state of Sunrisia completely dependent on Sunrisia possibly even more than MDAA states. Baggnagia was on the other side of the planet but just recently became involved in the conflict to appease its bosses. There was no other explanation for that. What is worse Baggnagia has sent troops to not only train New Vesvai’s forces but also VTLF armed fighters openly. Unlike Creperia and Edereon who were just formally helping New Vesvai the troops of Baggnagia were openly additionally helping VTLF like the Sunrisians were. And again the suspicion was that local anti-Union forces inside Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai were receiving some help too. Possibly this escalation through the involvement of Creperia and Baggnagia around the same time was a subtle hint by Sunrisia that it was aiming to escalate things. But in true Sunrisian fashion it remained cold and distant without extending an offer to converse or hinting at such an interest. That’s why the Ministry of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai now needed to work two fronts simultaneously with Perloveu and Orentan with double the work load. But it was necessary.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Nicholas Vicina told all diplomats that he wanted to get in touch with the Sunrisians and told everybody to inform the press of this too.

West Zilveren Berg
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 07, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby West Zilveren Berg » Tue Dec 15, 2020 1:56 pm

New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg, December 12

Chief Secretary Faas Van Hoebeek and Secretary of Foreign Affairs of West Zilveren Berg Aart Teuling were walking through a hallway, going for some coffee. They were just out of a government briefing.

Chief Secretary Faas Van Hoebeek: “I feel like I should cut back on coffee a little bit.

Secretary of Foreign Affairs Aart Teuling: “Same.

Chief Secretary Faas Van Hoebeek: “Okay, so let’s go through this one more time. Just like in that whole situation between the Sunrisians and Rezuans, we can offer to be Sunrisia’s messenger to the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, since the Sunrisians won’t speak to the Union officials directly.

Secretary of Foreign Affairs Aart Teuling: “Correct. I got into contact with their Department of International Relations and just like last time, Emissary for Adversary Exchanges Esécăs Abstántâ passes messages to me and pass them onto the Union. It worked last time didn’t it? They swapped prisoners. Sunrisians and Rezuans I mean. And it retains our neutral status as a perfect place for international conflict negotiations. I think we’ll have success here as well.

Chief Secretary Faas Van Hoebeek: “Alright, then it’s approved. Go do that. Get into contact with the Foreign Minister of Oblaren and Vesvai and tell him that’s how the Sunrisians are going to talk with them. What about that 4+2 format on Daredland?

Secretary of Foreign Affairs Aart Teuling: “Well, almost doing no paraphrasing, the point is that the current Daredi government is proposing a 4+2 Contact Group format on Weniges negotiations. Daredland and their separatist territory Weniges Reich are conflict parties, which would make it the first time Freihat would speak with the Weniges secessionists, then you’ve got Sunrisia and the Kaiserreich as mediators. They want us and Kleinaruscha as observers. I think that since we’re allies with Daredland in the Council of 3, we must take this role. Besides, once again, it pushes forward our diplomatic and negotiator reputation on the world arena.

Chief Secretary Faas Van Hoebeek: “Well, then that has by support as well. Let’s hurry, because we still have things to attend to. I’m also expecting another call from the President of South Zilveren Berg today. We have to get this unification done, before anyone else gets to steal our thunder. It’s our ticket to re-election.

Secretary of Foreign Affairs Aart Teuling: “And unification of our people.

Chief Secretary Faas Van Hoebeek: “And unification of our people, yes.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:41 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 12

On December 12 OVNNHD news media network based in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai reported:

“Last week the Armed Forces of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai along with Internal Troops said that the guerillas in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai were losing ground. It sounded like they were basically on the verge of defeat. But now the situation has flipped in the opposite end. Commanders from location say that guerillas are once again active and even making gains while the military and the police are losing ground. Commanders on location say that this is not yet a cause to panic or consider sending reinforcements to Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. The military says that the occupied territories controlled by New Vesvai’s forces, VTLF armed fighters and so-called Sunrisian “peacekeepers” remain peaceful. No attacks are coming from there and the Union isn’t planning a counter-offensive either preferring to keep the cease-fire going. But the local terrorists are giving the military and polic trouble in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai.

Army commanders of the Union have linked the strengthened guerilla activity to the joining of Creperia and Baggnagia most recently formally only to militarily support New Vesvai but the Union army suspects that VTLF and local militants are receiving help too. The Sunrisians, New Vesvaians and Ederis appear to be stepping up support too. Daredland and West Zilveren Berg are playing a more restrained role but nonetheless it’s on the other side and benefiting the other side.

If the guerillas keep advancing then the Union army may have to consider counter-attacks to push-back on the guerilla advance and not just retain control of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai but restore per original objectives.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:40 am

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 13

On December 13 OVNNHD reported a coordination of actions between Internal Troops and police through different areas of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai:

“Internal Troops and police are going through villages in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai while the Union army is going through open fields and rural areas. These have been determined from the previous guerilla campaigns and anti-terrorist operations to be the most comfortable locations for the guerillas to hide in and to operate from. The villages and sometimes smaller towns are treated by guerillas as locations for hiding, regrouping and getting more supplies before heading back out in the road. The open fields are where the guerillas are focused more on combat and where they are in their element treating the Internal Troops and the Union army like prey. Guerillas are always hiding in plain sight and blending in with the environment.

In the villages there have been many reasons to suspect and many confirmed instances of guerillas having infiltrated the local populace. Sometimes guerillas are hiding on private property against the will of the owners. They are stealing crops and supplies before heading out further. Sometimes villagers are cooperating and helping hide the guerillas from Internal Troops and police which makes them accomplices not just to a crime but to what has been determined as terrorism. Internal Troops and are now going through and combing smaller towns and villages for guerillas and local accomplices to the guerillas.

Out in the fields the Union army simultaneously has easier and more difficult conditions than Internal Troops and police. The rural areas are not populated like the towns and villages which means that there’s a smaller risk of infrastructural damage and civilian casualties in case of encounter and combat with guerillas. But as mentioned before the open field is a perfect hunting ground for the guerillas who blend in with the environment and are watching the Union forces in plain sight treating them like prey. That’s why the commanders are contemplating bringing in heavy artillery or setting sections of the fields on fire to cause the guerillas to come out from hiding and take them out like rats or insects in the comparison used.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:44 am

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 13

On the same day OVNNHD gave a second report from the frontline according to the information provided by the Ministry of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and the troops themselves. The information was provided to war correspondents on location:

“The Union Army on land has called for the Union Air Force to scout for guerilla positions from bird eye’s view. By request of army commanders on land the Union Air Force has sent in helicopters. Most helicopters are for scouting but troops in the cabins will be able to fire back if anything. Helicopters for scouting would be accompanied by attack helicopters solely for the purpose of striking targets on land and air but also equipped for some reconnaissance too. The Union Air Force would also be sending drones of various types including reconnaissance and attack drones to trace guerillas out and strike them on the spot. The Union Air Force will make sure to fly the aircraft lone enough to not make them a comfortable target for guerillas who might open fire from regular armaments or anti-aircraft ones supplied to them by MDAA states and New Vesvai. The Union army said that after the enemy’s combined aerial and cruise missile campaign which damaged the military infrastructure in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai it wouldn’t be bad for the Armed Forces of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai to have its own aerial campaign on guerilla positions. The army commanders still don’t think it’s the right time to strike the security belt with a counter-offensive but that time would have to come eventually.”

New Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Vesvai » Wed Dec 16, 2020 5:32 am

Security Belt between New Vesvai and the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, December 13

The troops of the Vesvaian Revolutionary Army and rebels of VTLF stayed in their positions on the security belt. They were literally on enemy territory but the security belt was under their control because it was made up of land occupied from the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai during combat. The second cease-fire was still in effect. But they were watching the enemy like a hawk and the enemy was staring back at them.

VRA troops and VTLF militia rebels were scanning the horizon and saw nothing but Union troops. Those Union troops were staring back with distain in their eyes and on their faces. But the number of Union troops on the other side has been decreasing since many were called in to join the anti-insurgency operations against local pro-independence rebels across the border. All focus couldn’t just remain on VRA and VTLF since the situation was boiling inside and out. So not all of Union troops could be there near the security belt and stare down VRA and VTLF 24/7. Although the bullets, artillery shells and general fire weren’t fighting it still felt like the stares of troops from both sides could burn a hole in each other’s foreheads. The tension was in the air. VRA and VTLF felt comfortable knowing that on the same security belt even if it was miles away there was a Sunrisian peacekeeping contingent. If the Union troops suddenly decided to screw with VRA and VTLF there were smaller chances they’d go up against the Sunrisians so boldly.

But VRA commanders told their troops and VTLF rebels to stay vigilant. The increase of tension inside Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai with recent reports of local rebels there making gains with major counter-offensives could provoke the Union forces to strike. Before the Union forces felt confident that they were overpowering the rebels there and that the local guerillas were on the verge of defeat. Obviously in case that would happen then it’d be naturally that attention would be refocused back on the security belt full-time. But while the guerillas still being active yet loosing was on agenda then the security belt felt into secondary objectives. The Union could live with the cease-fire. But now the self-confidence of the troops was collapsing since the guerillas suddenly were hitting back against them like a professional army although they were merely local insurgents. The Union propaganda machine started working against New Vesvai and allies much more strongly too. The diplomatic dialogue between Perloveu and Fortwel wasn’t advancing while it was dead on arrival between Fortwel and the Sunrisians. The recent joining by Creperia and Baggnagia to help New Vesvai and in Baggnagia’s case also VTLF openly, coupled with a Sunrisian embargo against the Union and a continued loss to local rebels by Union forces, was once again raising tensions severely. So VRA and VTLF were prepared for a chance that the second cease-fire may be hanging on by a thread because the Union forces and Fortwel may soon end up in the situation where they have nothing to loose. All hell might break lose.

And yet while the direct orders from President of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Russell Kelpir, an Oblarenite, did do damage and he was looked at as the enemy too it seemed that Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal, a Vesvaian or Vesvaite, was pulling the strings regarding what was happening on his native island.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:26 pm

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 13

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina was at his office. He was angered by the new of the Sunrisian full embargo against the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai imposed hours ago and was going through paperwork while sipping his coffee. When he saw the mug was empty he immediately buzzed in for his secretary to bring him a new one. Vicina was angered by the failure of diplomacy with New Vesvai and Sunrisia. He felt like those two nations were putting him in an idiot’s place while colleagues in the Cabinet of Ministers were laughing at him behind his back too. Vicina even felt a slight energy of disappointment and disapproval coming at him from long-time colleague and friend Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal while relations with another long-time colleague and friend Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit were deteriorating this whole current crisis. The opinion of him that President of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Russell Kelpir had was a mystery to Vicina at this moment since he was interacting more with the Prime Minister. But since Vicina hasn’t gotten fired yet it seems that his work is at least somehow being recognized at the highest office.

Vicina was rubbing his forehead and digging through papers while typing something on his work laptop. When his secretary brought in that second cup of coffee Vicina just said a cold “thank you” without looking at the secretary who immediately rushed out. Vicina then progressed to consuming that second cup of black coffee and further going through the paperwork. Enough is enough he said. Vicina buzzed in to his secretary again asking that she get him into contact with Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal. He wanted to arrange a meeting.

Office of Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal, Fortwel, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 13, Hours Later

Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal and Minister of Foreign Affairs Nicholas Vicina were talking at PM’s office, discussing a tougher backlash against New Vesvai and Sunrisia. With New Vesvai the diplomatic dialogue is just beating around the bush whereas Sunrisia is just mocking the Union by refusing to communicate directly using West Zilveren Berg as messenger while having just imposed a killing full embargo on the Union. Vicina wanted to be tougher, he wanted to be taken more seriously by cabinet colleagues and he wanted the approval of the Prime Minister and the President.

“Now that’s what I’m talking about.” – said Mollisal.

“Enough is enough” – replied Vicina. – “We have to call them out and take them on. We’re not losing this conflict. Maybe if I take this thing more seriously Robert will get off my back too.”

Mollisal said – “Don’t mind him and don’t let him get to you. Although you’re kind of right because he does respect strength. He’s a Defense Minister after all. Been here back in the Vesvai days and is now one in the Union. But you show some tough rhetoric even as a diplomat and you’ll elevate. Now go out there and say some truth for our nation.”

Press Briefing of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Fortwel, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 13, Hours Later

After the press briefing the news media of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai was fired up again. On that day OVNNHD reported the following:

“Normally restrained and professional diplomat Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina had some tough words to say to the Sunrisians. Less than a couple of hours ago Sunrisia took its final step in an attack on the Union and imposed a full embargo on Oblaren and Vesvai. The legislature has already passed it and the stooge President submissive to the legislature’s demands will undoubtedly sign it.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Nicholas Vicina called the embargo the last step before actual war which isn’t far from reality given that the Sunrisians had already fired cruise missiles and air strikes into Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and also has its troops occupy Union land without Union position while supplying Union’s enemies with military aid. Minister Vicina called Sunrisian actions: “blackmailing and destabilizing.” He has also called the Sunrisian policy “ill-timed” and “unfair” just as the Foreign Ministry of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai was extending an offer of dialogue.

Speaking of the offer of dialogue Foreign Minister Nicholas Vicina also criticized Sunrisia’s stubborn isolationist refusal to engage in direct dialogue and instead send all messages through West Zilveren Berg just like in the conflict with the Rezuan Empire. Vicina believes such form of diplomacy will not be effective.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Dec 16, 2020 1:49 pm

New Princeville, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 14

Today was a day of celebration in the city of Princeville. Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta were visiting the city once again also planning to visit Royal Town and Harrods later on. Basically the travelling schedule and the tour was identical to last time.

OVNNHD reported.

“Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta have come to New Princeville on their native Island of Vesvai from Fortwel on the Isles of Oblaren once again. This is their second visit in a short while. Last time Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta were in New Princeville they were visiting the large pro-Union rallies organized in opposition to the anti-Union guerilla separatism in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, in support of the troops and the police and against the aggression by New Vesvaians, Sunrisians and expat forces of VTLF. The Prime Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister gave inspiring speeches with calls for unity, thanking patriotic citizens and condemning all enemies trying to tear the Union apart. Their visit was followed by visit to Royal Town and Harrods where identical pro-Union rallies were happening and where Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta went with identical programs.

This time Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta have arrived with delegations from Fortwel including MPs of the VHU party and members of other Vesvaian parties in government and opposition. Crowds in Fortwel have greeted them in the same way with the same sort of energetic pro-Union sentiment in the air. National symbols of the Union adorn New Princeville like an ocean. PM Jonathan Mollisal declared that the Vesvaian-comprised government delegation from Fortwel has arrived with “big plans” although he has not specified them as of yet. The delegation will be visiting Royal Town, Harrods and other cities too. There is a plan to get into contact with all municipalities.”

Clearly the government delegation had some sort of plan.

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 14

Things weren’t so good for the Union Armed Forces on the frontline. OVNNHD was reporting:

“The situation on the field keeps changing and it’s not in favor of the Armed Forces of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai or the police. The guerillas keep advancing. The army commanders have noted that the local guerillas are acting more and more like a professional military force that the military of the Union is going up against. This has made the army question if they’re indeed still fighting local militants or if the fighters of VTLF or even New Vesvai’s troops have somehow infiltrated the ranks of the supposedly still local guerillas. The army, Internal Troops and the police think it’s unlikely because the borders are closed, the airspace is closed, the territorial waters are under naval protection and the border/security belt next to New Vesvai is monitored 24/7. And yet the military still has suspicions that MDAA states, New Vesvai and Baggnagia may somehow still be slipping in aid to the local militia like supplies or even troops. Even the supposedly neutral West Zilveren Berg is on the suspect list. This could also be help that was smuggled in earlier during the hot phase of the conflict on the Union–New Vesvai border when the security belt was created and also prior to that. Or maybe the military is still not noticing some “cracks” through which aid to the guerillas is slipping through. Finally the military infrastructure destroyed by Sunrisian air and cruise missile strikes coupled with yesterday’s declared Sunrisian embargo has made it more difficult for the military of the Union to fight back against outside and inside enemies alike.”

The government forces were losing and victory was slipping out of their hands despite seeming to be so close and so recently.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Dec 16, 2020 2:35 pm

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 15

Two days after calling out the Sunrisians Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina was starting to have second thoughts and a change of heart again. He thought that a diplomatic approach and another appeal to reason was necessary. He consulted with Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal over the phone as the head of government was on his tour on the Island of Vesvai. PM Jonathan Mollisal reluctantly supported his change of trajectory but also thought it wouldn’t hurt to try. To be honest the head of government had other things in mind right now.

Press Briefing of the Ministry of Foreign Affairs, Fortwel, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 15, Hours Later

After the press briefing the news media of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai was buzzing again. On that day OVNNHD reported the following:

“Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina has taken another shot appealing to Sunrisians with hope that the views there are not so monolithic. He appealed not just to Sunrisian politicians but to the citizens of Sunrisia to ask them to get their politicians under control. Despite a destructive embargo being imposed which hits several economies as the Union is integrated into alliances with many nations the Foreign Minister tried one more time to stare the not too distant nation the other way.

Minister of Foreign Affairs Nicholas Vicina asked that Sunrisia lift its embargo, withdraw so-called “peacekeeper” troops from the occupied territories into the so-called “security belt” near New Vesvai, pressure New Vesvai and expat VTLF militants to withdraw too and stop supporting militant separatism in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai with support for the so-called “Round Table–Free Vesvai” over the legitimate government and with hidden support for armed anti-Union fighters in the field. The Foreign Minister additionally asked that Sunrisian warships back away from the Island of Vesvai to relief tension. Vicina referred to this request as the “last appeal to reason and common sense.”

The Foreign Minister followed up his remarks to Sunrisia with an expression of thank you to the United Queendoms of Belantica which has struck the Nationalist Republic of Sunrisia with well-deserved tough rhetoric and which declared it would aim to help the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai in any way it could.”

The mixed message was trying to appeal to Sunrisians with a request for reason but the Ministry of Foreign Affairs had to acknowledge the wrongs of Sunrisia and thank the allies for kind words. No games were being played here.

New Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Vesvai » Wed Dec 16, 2020 3:01 pm

Perloveu, New Vesvai, December 15

New Vesvai’s Prime Minister Hale Aniho stormed into an emergency intelligence briefing that she was late for. She apologized for being late and the meeting began immediately. Head of New Vesvai’s Intelligence Directorate Kaleo Aitebi informed the Prime Minister that the Intelligence Directorate had information that there are foreign-orchestrated plans to attack or infiltrate the headquarters of Round Table–Free Vesvai which New Vesvai and ally Sunrisia recognize as legitimate interim leadership in exile of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. Aitebi referred to the headquarters of National Liberation Committee of Independent Vesvai in capital Perloveu, National Council of Vesvai based in Acenu, New Vesvai in the west and the National Council of Rebellion of Vesvai in Deramia, New Vesvai in the south. Aitebi was ready to disclose the suspected perpetrators, suspects and methods but only if there was a guarantee it wouldn’t leak to the press. For the current briefing the Head of the Intelligence Directorate decided not to do that and the Prime Minister respected that decision. She and everybody in the room more or less knew whom the discussion was about. The rest of the information was free to be given to the press.

Immediately after the briefing Prime Minister Aniho organized a meeting with the Ministry of the Vesvaian Revolutionary Army and Ministry of the Interior. They concluded that security had to be increased around the various headquarters of Round Table–Free Vesvai around the nation and personal security needed to be increased for Acido Soran and other members and officials of Round Table–Free Vesvai. The mission would involve state security personnel, police and military.

Head of New Vesvai’s Intelligence Directorate Kaleo Aitebi instructed the structure he was commanding to be on the lookout for foreign espionage with increased vigilance at this time.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents