NATION

PASSWORD

Second Vesvai Conflict (COMPLETED)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Founded: Mar 24, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:32 am

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 17

Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit was at his office. He was tapping on his desk with his index finger with stone-faced expression. A lot was going through his mind. At the moment Praesedit was most curious to know what Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal was doing down in the Island of Vesvai. Praesedit hasn’t been attending the last VHU party meetings, he hasn’t available for government meetings with other ministers chaired by Mollisal and he hasn’t been much at the Parliament either. He’s been spending most of his time at military sights, communicating with military officials, with soldiers and with officials of his own Ministry of Defense. Lack of reporting or showing up at necessary times or necessary locations almost go Praesedit in trouble several times. But he had an “ice man” type of rebel reputation and the authority didn’t mess with him too much knowing that he was a man who’d do his job effectively so better just to leave him at it. Besides it helped that the current government without counting the Presidency and the Parliament but the government of the Prime Minister was comprised of old time friends and colleagues. Praesedit grabbed his phone and dialed up Mollisal

Royal Town, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 17

Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta were on the fourth day of their tour down in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. This time they were at a pro-Union rally in Royal Town with some other important things, plans and political affairs happening on the side. Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal felt his phone ringing and had to step aside while leaving Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta and the rest of the government to handle the crowds.

Stepping aside at a more quiet locations Mollisal picked up his phone.

“Yes?” – Mollisal answered.

“John…” – Praesedit replied.

“Wow you didn’t even bother to say Prime Minister now did you Minister Praesedit? How may I help you sir because I’m in the middle of something here?” – Mollisal responded.

Praesedit then moved the conversation forward – “You are still down in Vesvai? It’s been days.”

“Yes. I, Deputy Prime Minister Gaileta, a government delegation. We were in New Princeville, we’re now in Royal Town. Harrods and a bunch of other places will be next.” – said Mollisal.

“But you were down there on the same exact tour not that long ago. Don’t you have some business up in Fortwel to do? I thought you were leaving the operations down in Vesvai to” – Praesedit replied.

Mollisal then sighed and responded back – “Yes we were but now we’re on the second such tour and we’re rounding people together. And you should feel the energy here. People are all about keeping this Union together. Plus we’re taking away any operations from you. Our contribution is on the political front while you handle the military one.”

“Well I’d had appreciated if you told me first that you were going down there. Because what if you get hit by an air strike or cruise missile, huh?” – Praesedit asked.

“Well it’s your job as Defense Minister to oversee nothing of the sort happens. And I would’ve told you we were going if you had bothered to show up to any government meetings, party meetings or at the Parliament, Mr. No-Show.” – said Mollisal.

Praesedit was flabbergasted – “What? You think I’ve just been “skipping class”? Do you even know what I have been doing? I have been saving this nation 24/7.”

“Yeah? Well how has that been working out for you?” – asked Mollisal.

“Excuse me?” – Praesedit asked.
“Well the situation on the field is not so good Robert. So sounds like your 24/7 savior mission hasn’t been all that effective. You and the troops need to review what you’re doing wrong. In fact that’s why we’re here. Somebody has to do some additional work to keep this Union whole. If you don’t know how to do it with bullets we’ll do it with info and patriotism” – Mollisal harshly replied.

Praesedit sat there’s speeches for a minute while still being on the call.

“Robert? Hello Robert?” – Mollisal was calling out.

then returned back to the call – “Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit is my title and full name. I’m ending this call now, Prime Minister.”

“You’re hanging up on me? For real? Did you forget who’s who in this current government?” –said.

Praesedit hung up on Mollisal who was surprised but partially not surprised given the tough guy persona of his long-time colleague. Mollisal shrug his shoulders and returned back to the pro-Union rally.

Angered Praesedit mumbled to himself – “Son of a bitch. Forgot who started where. Thinks he has me under his boot when I pulled the strings on him before this whole Union was even formed…”

Office of Minister of Foreign Affairs Nicholas Vicina, Fortwel, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 17

Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina was at his desk working and thinking about how to deal with the whole Sunrisian embargo situation and how to communicate with New Vesvai. Suddenly Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit stormed in through the door without knocking. Minister of Foreign Affairs Nicholas Vicina was caught off guard by that.

“Aw, look who’s back from the dead” – Vicina joked in reference to Praesedit’s absence from government meetings, VHU party meetings and parliamentary sessions.

“Don’t you screw with me too.” – Praesedit fired back.

“Too?” – Vicina asked. – “On the other hand why am I surprised?”

Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit sat at the chair at Vicina’s desk in front of him without asking if he could and started Vicina down.

“I guess help yourself Minister” – Vicina responded – “Now is there anything I can do for you? Because I have business to attend to.”

“All of us do” – Praesedit replied. – “How about you catch me up on what I have been missing in these important government meetings, VHU meetings and parliamentary ones since nobody seems to realize a Defense Minister could be missing since we’re in a middle of a war. Civil War and a foreign invasion at the same time.”

Vicina leaned in – “You want me to help you catch up with your missed homework assignments and go through our class schedule?”

“What’s with all these damn school metaphors?” – Praesedit asked.

“Again those are the only ones I used. I’m guessing you already had a bunch of conversations today before me Minister” – Vicina replied.

Praesedit then continued – “Let’s cut the small talk Nicholas and tell me if I missed anything important.”

Vicina then said – “Well Minister every government meeting, party meeting, parliamentary meeting is important. Yet a lot of them you skipped. Why all of a sudden are you so concerned? Why do you think you missed anything special this time around and do you think I’m going to be giving you updates and catching you up each time?”

“Nicholas damn it!” – Praesedit shouted back while knocking on the table.

There was a minute of awkward silence.

Vicina cleared his throat and said – “I’m not sure I’m in the authority to say. You’re going to need for the Prime Minister to return and ask him or wait for the next government, party or parliamentary gathering.”

“I already called him and let’s just say it didn’t go well. He’s preoccupied with that second rally down there without telling me. In such a short while after the previous one. There’s no reason. It’s a waste of time and he’s putting himself and everybody at risk of there’s friendly fire by accident.” – Praesedit said.

Vicina replied – “Oh. There’s a reason why the Prime Minister and the Deputy Prime Minister are there again and now. It was covered in these very meetings that you’ve missed and only partially touched upon at Parliament.”

“Then tell me because I was absent and I just told you I tried speaking to J…..sigh….the Prime Minister.” – Praesedit said.

“I’m not sure how much is in my authority to tell you. You might even have more luck talking to the Minister of the Interior.” – Vicina replied.

“Well you tell me what you can tell me and then I’ll go and ask him too.” –

“And terrorize that poor man the same way?” – Vicina asked sarcastically.

“Cut the crap. That won’t even be your business anymore.” – Praesedit fired back.

“Sigh…ok.” – said Vicina and proceeded to brief Praesedit on what he missed at government meetings, VHU party meetings and some parliamentary sessions.
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit Finds Out

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Thu Dec 17, 2020 1:33 pm

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 17

Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit stormed into his office angry after all the information he accumulated throughout the day and which he missed out on by missing government and VHU party meetings. It was a late evening but he immediately dialed up Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal who was still on the Island of Vesvai at pro-Union rallies that were wrapping up for the day since the weekend wasn’t here yet and it was still a school and work night.

Royal Town, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 17

Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal saw that Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit was calling him for a second time today. Even though the day had almost wrapped up the Prime Minister decided to pick the phone up because he knew that Praesedit was stubborn and wouldn’t stop calling. Besides Praesedit was basically handling the entire war effort against the local insurgents, the New Vesvaians, the VTLF and the Sunrisians so his calls were important 24/7.

“Minister Praesedit?” – said answering the call.

“Autonomy?!” –angrily asked.

“Excuse me?” –replied.

“You heard me. I have been commanding the troops to keep this Union from falling apart and to save Vesvaian land first and foremost on this damn frontline while you boys are carving it up behind my back?” – Praesedit confronted Mollisal.

Mollisal saw this as an inappropriate term for a Minister to speak with the Prime Minister but having the personal relationship between the two outside work and knowing Praesedit’s temperament Mollisal went with it – “So I see you’ve been using your day to catch up on all the government and party discussions you have missed. Don’t jump to early conclusions. Nobody is talking about autonomy. It was just one of the options on the table because our positions over in the Green Coast are much stronger than in the south and southwest especially so we’re just seeing how much we can save.”

Praesedit fired back – “I repeat myself. I and the military have been busting our asses for the territorial integrity of the Union and of Vesvai’s part of the Union first and foremost while you are carving it up like a cake without clearing it with me first? What keeps me from concluding that you and Gaileta went to down there to seal the deal. In fact it looks exactly like that. That’s why you went down there so soon and didn’t brief me like the others while I was busy handling military affairs. You went there to seal the deal on the Green Coast autonomy.”

“Robert relax for a damn minute. Try to breathe.” – Mollisal said as he was reaching for his cigarettes because this conversation was causing him stress. – “Nothing is decided. The Green Coast autonomy is only a back option as the final frontier if we end up losing badly. We haven’t even presented it to the Parliament yet.”

“You’re committing historical anti-Vesvaian treason. You’re drawing internal borders. This was never done not even during colonial times.” – Praesedit said.

Mollisal lit up a cigarette and continued to speak. – “Ok I know where friends and all but you’re allowing yourself to say too much. I’m still a Prime Minister and you’re a Defense Minister. First of all an autonomy is not splitting the territory away. This is not another New Vesvai we’re talking about here. Second of all we’re still going to keep living in a single nation of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai so what if there’s some autonomous communities in there? What’s so scary about a prospect of this Union maybe becoming the Union of Oblaren, Vesvai and Herbora in the future if the Green Coast does get more self-sufficiency beyond casual autonomy? Nobody’s going anywhere! And finally this is largely up to you. If you command the military in the way that we finally defeat the guerillas and kicks the New Vesvaians, VTLF and Sunrisians out while keeping this entire nation, this entire Union defend from enemies inside and out then maybe we wouldn’t have to think of this plan. You think it’s easy for me or for Gaileta or for anybody in the cabinet or the VHU party?!”

Praesedit went quiet for a bit which concerned Mollisal.

“Robert say something!” – Mollisal shouted.

“You just screwed up big time.” –responded and ended the call with no goodbyes or threats.

“Robert?! Robert! Minister of Defense Praesedit I demand you answer me! Damn it!” – Mollisal realized he had lost Praesedit but knowing his hot temperament he hoped it wouldn’t last long and things would normalize.

After finishing a terrible phone call with the Prime Minister which had derailed Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit sat behind his desk at his office. He started thinking, grabbed a piece of paper, started sketching something up and writing down some names. He planned to go to military officials almost in the middle of the night without waiting for tomorrow.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Birth of First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:41 pm

Harrods, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 19

The unprecedented project was formed of the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora (Green Coast) a historic region on the Island of Vesvai. On that day OVNNHD reported.

“In a monumental night in the newest history of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta have declared the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora in honor of the historic region of Herbora on the Island of Vesvai. Herbora means “Green Coast” in one of the native languages. Herbora (Green Coast) is situated in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. The First All-Region Congress was declared from Harrods because that’s where Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta are in right now on a pro-Union rally. But the “center” of the Congress would be in New Princeville as the unofficial and historic capital of the region of Herbora (Green Coast).

The President or Chairman of this First All-Region Congress of Deputies would be Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta while Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal wouldn’t have an official position. But he is being referred to as the unofficial and de facto Vice President or Vice Chairman. The First All-Region Congress was gathered from all local deputies across the region of Herbora (Green Coast).

The formation of the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora was motivated by the fact that local authorities in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai have taken over the initiative of leading most of the anti-terrorist military effort and defend the Union from aggression by New Vesvai, VTLF and Sunrisia. The initiative was taken from Fortwel but the central government in the capital has primarily granted this authority to local governing bodies in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai like municipalities. Having seen such effectiveness Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta thought it would be a good project to consolidate municipalities in the northern-more part of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai in the region of Herbora (Green Coast). This is to hold the front against advancing guerillas who have been gaining ground recently and also against possible foreign aggressors who might strike again.

With the help of virtual technology the different councils can connect online from around the region and form the Congress to hold sessions together without necessarily gathering in the same place with absence of such a physical possibility to gather so many deputies. But Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta hope to hold even such a possibility of gathering all deputies together somewhere in a big location. Possibly in New Princeville. The exact list of functions and responsibilities of the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora are not yet known. For now it’s a tool of consolidation of different administrations in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai specifically in the region of Herbora (Green Coast).”

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 17 to December 20

Since finding out about Herbora-related government plans made behind his back because of his obvious opposition to them and after his last horrible phone conversation with Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit has spent the last three days using his influence over the military to assemble a secret body of hardliner military officials. This body was meant to take control of the whole situation in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. After finding out the news the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora (Green Coast) having been declared by Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta that’s when Praesedit was even more furious. He saw this is a preparation of Herbora’s self-governance and knew that this disintegration of Vesvaian land needed to be stopped by force and that’s what his efforts were aimed at.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Military Takeover of Aurisi

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:50 pm

Aurisi, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Night from December 20 to December 21

On the night when everybody would be caught off guard the Armed Forces of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai rolled into Aurisi, the historic capital of Vesvai and de facto capital of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. It was quiet on the streets, there were no martial laws, states of emergency or curfews. But Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai was dealing with guerillas and there was also a continued occupation of Union land by New Vesvai, VTLF and Sunrisia. Coupled with a continued military threat that was still coming from these internal forces. So with everything going on it wasn’t expected that the citizens would react weirdly or question the military’s increased presence in one of the key cities. In fact the residents might feel more protected. The increase of forces was the personal order of Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit without the in-advance approval of higher-ups. He was acting alone and leading the military alone. This time more now than ever.

Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Sun Dec 20, 2020 1:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Rise of SCSI and Praesedit's Betrayal

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Mon Dec 21, 2020 4:12 pm

Aurisi, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 21

OVNNHD network whose primary headquarters are based in Aurisi has also been taken by the Union Army loyal to the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) like the rest of the city. In the earlier half of the day OVNNHD issued an address from the founder, leader and chairperson of SCSI: Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit.

“Fellow citizens, people of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai,

You might be asking yourself why it is I: Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit addressing you today and not one of the nation’s high-ranking officers like President of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Russell Kelpir or Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal. That’s because we are indeed in a non-oridary situation right now.

Last night by the command of the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) formed by my initiative and chaired by me, the Armed Forces of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai have entered the city of Aurisi in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, in larger quantity. This was done from the night of December 20 to December 21. The operation was planned for several days by SCSI. The media was aware of our entry and some citizens who might have not been asleep already at that moment have noticed this entry as well. Naturally and possibly rightfully this was seen as an increase of the security of Aurisi with the entire situation happening in the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai right now: local insurgency and a confrontation with New Vesvai, the VTLF group and Sunrisia. This was reported to possiblly have been done in conjunction with the recently declared formation of the so-called “First All-Region Congress Of Deputies Of Herbora (Green Coast).” That was the interpretation of experts channeled by the media. But that is not the case. All questions will be answered in time.

For now all that the citizens of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and especially residents of Aurisi have to know is that SCSI has taken over the administration of Aurisi and the district of Aurisi. The local authorities like the Office of Mayor, the City Council and all municipal authorities have been relieved of their duties. Local officials are safe and secure. The situation on the street will be controlled by the Union Army. We are not imposing a state of emergency or martial law because it’s outside our authority but we ask citizens to conform to the current situation.

For now that will be all. Look forward to more updates. This has been Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and Chairman of the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) Robert Praesedit. Thank you for your attention.”

New Princeville, Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 21

On that same day Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta were already in New Princeville having departed from Harrods. Having heard about the creation of the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) and an unpermitted military takeover of Aurisi with the removal of the entire local government from powers in the city and municipality Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal was trying to call Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit to get him to explain himself. But Praesedit wasn’t picking up. Mollisal understood that Praesedit was deliberately ignoring his calls and that at this point he was either acting on his own or betraying the state. Mollisal was angered and confused with no plan of action.

New Vesvai
Envoy

Founded: Oct 27, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby New Vesvai » Mon Dec 21, 2020 5:00 pm

Perloveu, New Vesvai, December 22

With everything that was happening across the border and crawling more down south New Vesvai’s Prime Minister Hale Aniho, national security advisors and Ministry of the Vesvaian Revolutionary Army agreed that a new mobilization of the Vesvaian Revolutionary Army was necessary just in case the security belt lights up one day. PM Hale Aniho went to the Parliament and asked for legislative approval of this which she received. That same day a new mobilization of VRA was declared. All-professionals and volunteers with no conscripts.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Civil War and the Autonomy of Herbora

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Thu Dec 24, 2020 3:09 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 21 to December 24

Since the takeover of Aurisi by the Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit and the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) led by him a lot has happened. OVNNHD was based in Aurisi so the Union lost one of its more active and prominent news networks. Instead Channel 204 took over those duties.

On December 21 right after the Aurisi coup Channel 204 reported made several reports.

“Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal is presently one of the people whose opinion is most intriguing towards what has happened today in the city of Aurisi. His and that of President of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Russell Kelpir. But neither the President, the Prime Minister nor anybody from the cabinet have any commentary to give yet on what has happened in Aurisi. The foreign media in a form of news propaganda from the neighboring New Vesvai has already called this a military coup and dissent from Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit, some military official hardliners and elements of the armed forces. But there’s no evidence to suggest this is betrayal or not acting together with the rest of the government. Just because the Minister of Defense confirmed that the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) created and chaired by him is not directly linked to the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora (Green Coast) it doesn’t make it a mutiny. It doesn’t make it falling out of Fortwel’s official plan since the capital did give enough autonomy to separate parts of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and most of leadership over the military in the anti-guerilla war and a defensive anti-invasion war to Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit. There’s nothing to suggest that the initiative of the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora (Green Coast) isn’t part of that autonomous approach towards the war. Other news resources in the Union have also suggested that. But the foreign propaganda from New Vesvai hurries to present what they’d like to see for a fact. There’s no confirmation of a coup having happened in Aurisi even if the situation there is unusual. We will just have to wait for the confirmation from top government officials in the nation.”

Then came the news of an escalating situation the following day on the 22nd.

“The previous speculations of a military mutiny happening have unfortunately confirmed themselves to be true. Troops of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai are now fighting not the guerillas or foreign invaders but each other. Union troops guarding the borders of the region of Herbora have come under attack by other Union troops. This is all believed to be part of some type of a military mutiny and not an isolated incident since the fighting continued. Troops on mutiny are attacking fellow servicemen still loyal to the government. The situation is completely unclear on what might actually be happening. So a military mutiny in part of the Union forces is the only existing theory. Another theory is that guerillas or foreign forces may have somehow stolen the uniforms of Union troops and are posing as them to create a seeming situation of a civil war within the military of the Union while also having a better opportunity at infiltration of Union forces.

The city of Aurisi is meanwhile becoming a true arena of confrontation too. So far it’s a peaceful confrontation but nonetheless. Pro-military and anti-military demonstrators have gathered on the streets to either show support or denouncement for the military of the Union and Aurisi-stationed forces specifically. This is related to yesterday’s announcement that the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) created and chaired by Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit would be taking over the city of Aurisi, the district and municipality while having removed the local government in entirety. The military now controls the situation on the streets and still controls it even with all the crowds present. Some people are questioning what’s going on and don’t seem to like it while others support the change of the status quo. Either way this is the first big series of demonstrations in Aurisi since a long time ago.”

On that same day Channel 204 continued the live broadcast and talked about an escalation into a civil war inside the Armed Forces of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai along the border of the region of Herbora.

“The information has been confirmed that these are indeed separate factions of the Armed Forces of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai fighting each other on Herbora region’s borders and not some sort of other conspiracy-related situation. The military has broken up into factions still loyal to the Union government based in Fortwel and factions loyal to the newly created Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) based in Aurisi. SCSI was created and is led by Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit who has apperantly rebelled against the Union government over his protest to the creation of First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora (Green Coast) initiated by Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta. Hardliner SCSI sees this as a threat to the territorial integrity of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. SCSI-led factions of the Union Army have launched a coup in the city of Aurisi and SCSI now operates from there while pro-SCSI military of the Union is attacking the region of Herbora. Military of the Union still loyal to the government is defending the region of Herbora.

There hasn’t been much information given out to the press but the developments of the last hours have been reaching us. The fate of our colleagues in OVNNHD network of Aurisi is still a mystery to us. Government officials haven’t been communicating much with the journalists. But now for the first time Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal has agreed to answer questions of some journalists trying to reach him. According to sources from our colleagues PM Jonathan Mollisal has been trying to reach Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit on the phone for the last several days since the situation in Aurisi developed and a takeover by SCSI has happened. But the Minister of Defense has been ignoring the Prime Minister. And yet the Union government hasn’t gotten around to considering the ousting of Minister of Defense Robert Praesedit from his position or indict him of treason. Neither the Prime Minister nor the President have made such proposals. Supposedly it would be seen as a provocation and would undermine possible dialogue between the Union government and SCSI even more. No clear deadlines are given.

While the fighting along the southern borders of the region of Herbora are happening the divided if not nearly collapsed from the inside military has basically stopped its effective fight against the advancing guerillas or holding the line on the occupied territories held by the forces of New Vesvai, the VTLF militant group and Sunrisia. Our armed forces are now fighting each other. It applies to the Internal Troops and the police too. Signals from abroad have shown that the world is watching and now lines are becoming blurred who’s taking which side just like with it becoming confusing on who’s on whose side in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. We can just say to stay on the air with us as we continue brining you the latest from the Island of Vesvai.”

On December 23 Channel 204 reported the historical news about the region of Herbora declaring autonomy out of its historical significance but also because of the situation it was put into presently.

“In a grand twist of twists the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora (Green Coast) has voted to declare the autonomous status of the region of Herbora from the rest of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. Chairman of the First All-Region Congress Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta has declared that all deputies have voted for the autonomous status of Herbora. After this vote of the First All-Region Congress happened that’s when Chairman and Deputy Prime Minister Andrew Gaileta declared Herbora an autonomy with an autonomous community, self-governance and a special status. Herbora now administers itself and is independent from the rest of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. Its government is the First All-Region Congress of Deputies that did declare its autonomy with a historic vote. Maybe tonight’s declaration of autonomy by Herbora is not a surprise to those far seeing as there has been internal division growing inside Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai after Aurisi was taken by the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) and after SCSI-loyal military attacked Herbora.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Defense Minister Praesedit Quits and Sovereign Vesvai

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:06 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 24 to December 28

On December 24 Channel 204 reported that Sunrisian and Belantic troops were landing in Vesvai’s part of Oblaren and Vesvai but in larger numbers.

“As the conflict in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai escalates so does the foreign intervention. On one side you have Belantic troops arriving as allies of the Union and basing themselves in Royal Town. On the other side you have Sunrisian troops under ACREFOR banner arriving as invaders, having been strategic adversaries of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai for the entire time. And these are not the only invading Sunrisian troops to have arrived. There are already Sunrisian occupational forces stationed on the so-called “security belt” formed out of seized Union land alongside New Vesvai’s border. These troops also are claimed by the Sunrisian to be “peacekeepers” like ACREFOR which is used to mask Sunrisian invading military forces in various parts of the world as “peacekeepers.”

Fighting back against guerillas and invading foreign forces will be helped out by the open arrival of more Belantic troops. But the break-up and in-fighting within the Armed Forces of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai along the lines of Union government loyalist forces and mutiny forces led by the Special Committee For State Integrity (SCSI). Additionally to that the Sunrisians claimed that their deployment was not an invasion but legitimate not just because they clarified it with the impostor “Round Table–Free Vesvai” but also somebody on the inside. Given the split within the military and the Union government with SCSI being on opposing sides clearly it’s becoming less of a mystery whom the Sunrisians could be referring to.”

On December 25 Channel 204 delivered two sensational pieces of reporting about a foreign military coalition invading Oblaren and Vesvai along with the announcement that Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal was ready to oust Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit for his betrayal.

Report 1: “The Union government has sounded the alarm after foreign military forces have escalated their invasion of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. The militaries of New Vesvai and Sunrisia along with militants of VTLF trained and armed abroad remain stationed on occupied territories of the Union on New Vesvai’s border. They call those areas a “security belt.” In the meantime Sunrisian troops under ACREFOR banner have mobilized and brought a second invasion force into Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai beyond the so-called “security belt” they were already occupying. That happened yesterday. Luckily allies from Belantica have also brought their troops to aid in the protection of the autonomous region of Herbora from foreign invaders and mutiny forces of the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI). But today by Sunrisian initiative a third and much larger invasion force has been brought to Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai also labeled as a “peacekeeping” one. Apart from Sunrisia and New Vesvai it also has four other nations. Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina said that the second and third invasion waves have violated the existing second cease-fire from the side of New Vesvai and Sunrisia. He asked for all invading and occupational forces to be removed. Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal said this warrants for all emergency regimes to be declared in the Union from state of emergency and martial law to national mobilization and everything else. The Union is definitely at war.”

Report 2: “Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal has declared that he would return to Fortwel in the upcoming days to address the Union Parliament and ask that MPs along with President of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Russell Kelpir consider the removal of Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit from office which could then lead to his prosecution for treason and betrayal. Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal admitted that this was difficult to initiate against an old friend, a political ally and fellow member of the VHU party but that it must be done and his responsibility as the head of government is to see this accomplished or at least legally considered.”

But soon the network of OVNNHD began broadcasting out of Aurisi reporting news in accordance with the agenda of Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) rivaling Channel 204 which became a mouthpiece for the Union government’s agenda. This included support for intervention of foreign peacekeepers which the Union government called invaders and announcement that Robert Praesedit was resigning as Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai to only be Chairman of SCSI.

Report 1: “Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit and the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) chaired by him have admitted that ACREFOR and INTERFIV have arrived in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai with their permission. Additionally SCSI has also accepted Sunrisian peacekeepers on the security belt with New Vesvai and hinted at sharing information that could interest Sunrisian intelligence agencies like PID. According to SCSI if the Union government has foreign forces on its side in Herbora which became autonomous to SCSI’s opposition then SCSI in turn has no problem with ACREFOR, INTERFIV or Sunrisian peacekeepers on the security belt.”

Report 2: “And this just in. In his address at the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) Robert Praesedit has just resigned as Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. From now on his only title is the Chairman of the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI). According to the Chairman of the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) resignation was considered by him before yesterday’s announcement by Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal that he was going to address the Union President and the Union Parliament with offer to consider removing Chairman of the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) Robert Praesedit from office and prosecute him. Chairman Robert Praesedit has dismissed any talks of prosecution and doesn’t take it seriously.”

Soon after came the news from OVNNHD of Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) extending an olive branch to Round Table–Free Vesvai (RTFV).

“Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) has reached out to Round Table–Free Vesvai which considers itself a government-in-exile of Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai but temporarily based in neighboring New Vesvai. Chairman of SCSI Robert Praesedit said that SCSI is reaching out to Round Table–Free Vesvai because there are “things to discuss.” SCSI is not giving specifics. The “emigrant government” of Round Table–Free Vesvai formed by the Vesvaian dissident and exile community in New Vesvai is made up of the National Liberation Committee of Independent Vesvai, the National Council of Vesvai, and the National Council of Rebellion of Vesvai. It also associates itself with the political and social movement of the National Liberation Movement also created by and made up of the Vesvaian dissident and exile community of expats living in neighboring New Vesvai. Round Table–Free Vesvai commands the rebel group Vesvaian Territorial Liberation Force (VTLF) likewise made up of the Vesvaian dissident and exile community of expats living in neighboring New Vesvai. SCSI at this point thinks that it has more in common with Round Table–Free Vesvai than with the Union government in Fortwel which it has rebelled against.”

That would eventually result in the formation of Pan-Vesvaian National Congress and a historic declaration of sovereignty of Vesvai from the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai.

“History was made today here in Aurisi and also across the border in Perloveu. The two capitals of two sovereign states but with one divided Vesvaian nation have came together to proclaim the sovereignty of Vesvai from Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) in Aurisi and Round Table–Free Vesvai (RTFV) in Perloveu have been connected online and using modern technology have formed a single parliament-like formation. In this long-distance formation and a virtual bridge set up between Aurisi and Perloveu SCSI and RTFV have formed the first and only assembly of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress. It was chaired by Chairman of SCSI Robert Praesedit from Aurisi and Chairman of RTFV Acido Soran from Perloveu. This first and possibly only virtual assembly of Pan-Vesvaian National Congress proclaimed the Sovereign State of Vesvai as a nation separate from Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. Chairman of SCSI Robert Praesedit called it “a heavy hitting response to the proclamation of autonomy of Herbora” while Chairman of RTFV Acido Soran called it a “long-term goal of Vesvaian people finally accomplished.” The flags of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai in Aurisi-controlled areas are being lowered while flags of sovereign Vesvai are replacing them. The armed forces loyal to SCSI expect a possible invasion by Union government loyalist armed forces but with the presence of ACREFOR and INTERFIV the chances are lower.”
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Mon Dec 28, 2020 3:08 pm, edited 3 times in total.

New Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Vesvai » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:34 pm

The news media in New Vesvai was also deeply involved in watching over and reporting what’s happening across the border almost as if it were happening in New Vesvai itself. On December 27 New Vesvai Broadcasting (NVB) reported:

“New Vesvai’s capital Perloveu has become part of history for all of Vesvaian people divided across several nations even on the same island. Round Table–Free Vesvai (RTFV) based in Perloveu has been invited by the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) based in Aurisi to form the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress. This formation gathered for its first, so far only and possibly the last but unconfirmed assembly to cast a historic vote for the Vesvaian people across both sides of the border and the world. The virtually assembled Pan-Vesvaian National Congress from Perloveu and Aurisi voted to declare Vesvai a sovereign state which would incorporate all of territory except for Herbora so far. This has left Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai split between the larger sovereign Vesvai and the smaller but well protected Herbora. Most likely neither will recognize each other’s status in the near future. Fortwel might recognize the autonomy of Herbora because its premiership brought that to reality. But there are much lower chances with Vesvai’s sovereignty being recognized. It might even trigger the protracted continuation of the conflict. But Vesvai also has the presence of INTERFIV and ACREFOR working on its side and keeping chances of a larger invasion low. What’s left now is to watch the situation up close and wait for its further developments.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

SCSI and RTFV form the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:38 pm

Back in Aurisi the news network of OVNNHD was now SCSI’s and reported on December 28:

“Chairman of the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) Robert Praesedit has invited Round Table–Free Vesvai (RTFV) to return to Aurisi. He argued that the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress made up of SCSI and RTFV should be in one place and that’s the capital of sovereign Vesvai. The invitation was also made after the exchanges between INTERFIV, ACREFOR and Sunrisian security belt peacekeepers with the armed forces loyal to SCSI. These exchanges happened after foreign peacekeepers landed on the field. Chairman of SCSI Robert Praesedit said that he found common understanding with Chairman of RTFV Acido Soran and believes that the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress will not be torn apart from the inside during this confrontation with the Union.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Union Counter-Offensive on the Herbora Frontline

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:44 pm

On December 29 Channel 204 reported:

“The Union Army has launched a counter-offensive against the pro-SCSI military that has betrayed the Union and basically joined the guerilla uprising backed by foreign invasion. The counter-offensive has been launched on several positions across the border of Herbora where the SCSI forces have been advancing from the south. The Union forces are advancing against enemy positions while Belantic forces are stationed in Royal Towns and Talvistovan forces at Harrods while Englean and Kleinaruschan are present in the territorial waters along the perimeter. The military remains mobilized and active despite the vacancy of the Defense Minister’s position. Reportedly those functions are now unofficially being fulfilled by Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal. But the Defense Minister’s position should be formally filled for good by the government in the near future.

Union army commanders say that the urgent goal is to defend Herbora from the pro-SCSI forces. But the long-term goal is to restore the territorial integrity of the Union. It means liberating Aurisi from SCSI along with occupied territories by foreign forces. With the active presence and aid of foreign allies those goals now appear more obtainable than before. Then again there are still some obstacles in the way that aren’t being specified to the press.”

New Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

RTFV in Aurisi, Birth of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress

Postby New Vesvai » Tue Jan 05, 2021 11:49 pm

On December 29 the news to come out from New Vesvai Broadcasting (NVB) were:

“Round Table–Free Vesvai (RTFV) made up of the National Liberation Committee of Independent Vesvai, the National Council of Vesvai and the National Council of Rebellion of Vesvai has headed to Aurisi across the border by the invitation of Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI). RTFV and SCSI will permanently form the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress based in Aurisi which would serve as the government of the declared Sovereign State of Vesvai for the time being. New Vesvai’s government led by Prime Minister Hale Aniho has instructed New Vesvai’s peacekeepers in INTERFIV to escort RTFV members to Aurisi and make sure they reach the capital of the neighboring state safely. RTFV is traveling to Aurisi from Perloveu by land as a safer option than air travel. The route is through the security belt and a specially created and peacekeeper-secured corridor straight to Aurisi.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Third Cease-Fire Declared

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Wed Jan 06, 2021 5:50 am

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, December 31

On December 31 the parties of the conflict had agreed to a cease-fire. Channel 204 of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai reported:

“Ahead of the New Year the parties of the conflict on the Island of Vesvai have reached a verbal agreement on the third cease-fire. It was reached with the help of West Zilveren Berg’s mediation and personal contact of Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal with New Vesvai’s Prime Minister Hale Aniho and two Chairmen of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress: Robert Praesedit and Acido Soran. The cease-fire is of unspecified length but all parties committed to not allowing a single bullet or artillery shell to be fired anymore. At the moment everyone’s willing to test out diplomacy. For any high official from the Union government this was the first contact with Robert Praesedit since the conflict entered its first phase and the very first ever with Acido Soran.

The recent phase of the armed confrontation didn’t change the territorial claims too much or at all alter the territorial control in any party’s favor or loss. The borders of the Herbora region remain as they were while the territory controlled by the declared Sovereign State of Vesvai led by the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress of SCSI and RTV stayed in the same boundaries too. The only soil where the influence of the conflict parties remains approximately the same is the island chain next to Herbora which both parties claim as their own and try to take over in combat. Other than that obviously both parties retain their larger claims. Union government seeks to retain the autonomy of Herbora while reinstating the territorial integrity of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai by defeating the Sovereign State of Vesvai and chasing out foreign occupational forces. Sovereign State of Vesvai tries to retain control of the land it control while defeating Herbora and making it part of the Sovereign State of Vesvai.

At this moment of the third cease-fire the parties of the confrontation would speak directly with West Zilveren Berg providing the arena for negotiations. Optimistically both sides seem to believe it’s possible to diplomatically resolve the conflict. At this point there’s nothing but a series of diplomatic talks to follow. The presence of foreign forces on both sides has been evaluated as a thing that can be used positively. It would keep both parties from fighting each other again through deterrence.”

New Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Peace Talks in West Zilveren Berg

Postby New Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:52 pm

On January 2 the news to come out from New Vesvai Broadcasting (NVB) were:

“New Vesvai’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Fila Nemo has travelled to West Zilveren Berg for a historic meeting with the Union counterpart: Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina. This is the first meeting from a series of negotiation meetings that would be part of the Vesvai conflict negotiations after a cease-fire was reached on December 31st. This is also the first meeting between Foreign Ministers Fila Nemo and Nicholas Vicina while also being the first ever meeting between the Foreign Ministers of New Vesvai and the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai.

Both heads of diplomacy of neighboring nations would seek to break the ice between Perloveu and Fortwel. The current phase of the conflict on the Island of Vesvai has largely transitioned to a domestic conflict in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. But it began as a conflict between Perloveu and Fortwel formally. But even the current phase inside Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai still largely has New Vesvai’s involvement. Up until several days ago New Vesvai was the nation where Round Table–Free Vesvai was based before it travelled across the border and formed the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress with Special Committee for State Integrity in Aurisi. New Vesvai also has been the natural destination for defectors and dissidents from Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai because of geographic convenience and shared culture. New Vesvai also hosts the training camp for VTLF rebels and has troops placed in the security belt between New Vesvai and the Union not to mention having a peacekeeping contingent in INTERFIV. So New Vesvai pretty much remains engaged in the fight largely which is unsurprising considering that virtually the same people live on both sides of the border and there’s a large defector and dissident lobby in New Vesvai.

Thus for the talks in the conflict negotiations to advance smoother the talks between New Vesvai’s and the Union’s Foreign Ministers Fila Nemo and Nicholas Vicina as first in-person talks between Perloveu and Fortwel in this long engagement and since the most recent phase of the conflict. There is a lot of importance in them and hope the other talks can advance better if these first ones go well. New Vesvai’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Fila Nemo said that from New Vesvai’s side there is a total commitment to peace if the Union is willing to commit to the same. New Vesvai has no claims or interests that would sabotage commitment to peace from New Vesvai’s side apart from the handful of demands that New Vesvai’s national security interests be preserved and that the Union follow a democratic path with the right to self-determination also being acknowledged.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:57 pm

New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg, January 2

On January 2 Channel 204 of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai reported:

“Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina has arrived in West Zilveren Berg for a key meeting with his counterpart New Vesvai’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Fila Nemo. The meeting was expected to be awkward because of the relationship between the two neighboring nations but necessary for everybody involved. The outcome of today’s meeting will determine how the following meetings related to the diplomatic resolution of the Vesvai conflict would go. The meeting between head diplomats of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and New Vesvai is a good and necessary start to the conversation that could resolve the confrontation on the Island of Vesvai diplomatically. This is the first time the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and Minister of Foreign Affairs of New Vesvai are meeting in person.”
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:05 pm

New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg, January 3

Back in Aurisi the seized news network of OVNNHD served as SCSI’s mouthpiece and reported on January 3:

“The diplomatic phase of the conflict in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai continues to move forward. Representative for International Affairs of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress Edward Pasenta has met with Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina for the first time in West Zilveren Berg. Upon the first handshake and face-to-face confrontation it was tense and awkward between the two. Both shook hands and said something to each other but the facial expressions were stone-faced. Given the circumstances it’s to be expected but also gives an early negative sign of things possibly going wrong. But the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress has committed to peace so it was the Union’s move to show that same good will now.

Both sides are left without an alternative to negotiations and each is supposedly equally interested in things going well for them and for the mutually beneficial diplomacy. International Affairs Representative Edward Pasenta and Union’s Foreign Minister Nicholas Vicina had West Zilveren Berg’s Foreign Secretary Aart Teuling preside over the very first moments of the meeting. West Zilveren Berg’s Foreign Secretary was in-between the two but also standing to both of their right sides as International Affairs Representative Edward Pasenta shook hands with Union’s Foreign Minister Nicholas Vicina while the moment was captured on film. After a collection of more pictures and filmed footage the parties were left in a room to speak while the press was asked to leave.

For a diplomatic envoy of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress this was the first time going overseas and first time meeting a government official of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina since the Sovereign State of Vesvai was proclaimed recently. Many say that this is the most important meeting now because it’s going to be the top diplomats of both parties negotiation a solution to the conflict. In case things do not advance more meetings might have to follow but it leaves a risk of things not being so quiet on the frontline again in the meantime.”

Meanwhile Channel 204 of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai reported on that same event on the same day:

“A day after meeting with New Vesvai’s Minister of Foreign Affairs Fila Nemo for the first time Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Nicholas Vicina has met with Representative for International Affairs of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress Edward Pasenta also for the first time and also in West Zilveren Berg. This is the second in a series of diplomatic negotiations in the Vesvai conflict. Having met with the foreign adversary in the conflict the parties of the conflict in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai are now coming together. The Ministry of Foreign Affairs and the Union government overall has been reluctant about meeting with representatives of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress because it already gave separatists recognition. But Minister of Foreign Affairs Nicholas Vicina has offered to look at this in another way. He said that the Union needs to go in this route if it were to bring about the end of the conflict that everybody is tired of already.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:10 pm

New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg, January 4

The following day as peace talks continued the OVNNHD reported:

“West Zilveren Berg had the privilege today of hosting Chairmen of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress of the Sovereign State of Vesvai Robert Praesedit and Acido Soran. Vesvai’s Chairmen have arrived to engage in their first and only meeting with Union and Herbora officials. Or at least until further notice. Chairman Robert Praesedit And Chairman Acido Soran have arrived to meet their counterparts in the Union: Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta. The latter also arrived to the meeting as head of the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora. Gaileta will speak on behalf of autonomy-claiming Herbora and as second in command to Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal in their Union government delegation. The meeting is the first and only meeting between all of them in person and the tension is in the air. This is another tension-building chapter in the story of diplomacy of this particular conflict. As previously mentioned the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress presents this as a high-stakes meeting which might be the first and last. The only one of its kind. That’s how it might be until further notice as mentioned earlier. The Sovereignty has informed the Union that it better do this right if it wants to help prevent a restart of the fighting and that the Union’s side should say everything it has in this high-stakes meeting.”

Meanwhile Channel 204 of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai reported on that same event on the same day:

“Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta have been welcomed in West Zilveren Berg for a first-time meeting with Chairmen Of The Pan-Vesvaian National Congress. The meeting is expected to be tense and emotional considering that some people involved used to negotiate on the same side of the table once but not they’ll speak at the opposite sides of the table to each other as adversaries. The meeting is expected to be tense and emotional. Chairman Acido Soran was just a dissident even if an influential one. But Chairman Robert Praesedit was recently the Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, also a close political ally, fellow member of the VHU party, member of cabinet and a personal friend and even coach to Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal. The Prime Minister hasn’t been hiding that this loss has been tough on him but he will have to pull through this and seek to protect the Union’s interests.”
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

New Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby New Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm

On January 5 the news to come out from New Vesvai Broadcasting (NVB) were:

“New Vesvai’s Prime Minister Hale Aniho has arrived in West Zilveren Berg to meet her counterpart for the first time: Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal. The meeting face-to-face is hours away. The meeting will be historic. Before that PM Hale Aniho met with West Zilveren Berg’s Chief Secretary Faas Van Hoebeek and discussed cooperation between the nations as individual partners but also members of the Council of 3. They had discussed the transition that is soon meant to happen in the leadership of the organization with Secretary Genera Joan Armbrüster of Daredland planning to transfer the position to a successor from New Vesvai or from West Zilveren Berg. PM Aniho also naturally met with West Zilveren Berg’s Secretary of Foreign Affairs Aart Teuling who has been watching over all meetings and mediating.”
Last edited by New Vesvai on Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:25 pm

New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg, January 5

Channel 204 of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai reported on the inter-Prime Minister meeting:

“Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal has stayed in West Zilveren Berg after his yesterday’s historic meeting for the first time with Chairmen of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress. Today he will be meeting with New Vesvai’s Prime Minister Hale Aniho for the first time and also with a Sunrisian Special Envoy. The series of historic meetings continues. The Prime Minister’s meeting with his counterpart from New Vesvai is only hours away. Prior to that PM Jonathan Mollisal engaged in a discussion with West Zilveren Berg’s Chief Secretary Faas Van Hoebeek yesterday and today and also with West Zilveren Berg’s Secretary of Foreign Affairs Aart Teuling who has been the factual host presiding and mediating this entire series of talks as the head diplomat of West Zilveren Berg. PM Mollisal made sure to thank West Zilveren Berg’s government for its diplomatic efforts in the conflict of the Vesvai Island.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:27 pm

New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg, January 5

On that same day there was a second meeting between the Union PM and a Sunrisian special envoy. Channel 204 reported:

“Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal will hold a meeting with Sunrisia’s Emissary for Adversary Exchanges (EAE) Esécăs Abstántâ in West Zilveren Berg. This will be the fifth of a series of meetings on the diplomatic resolution to the conflict on the Island of Vesvai. The meeting is important with the deep involvement of Sunrisia in the situation and with the powerful nation also unfortunately being an adversary of the Union. So a first time face to face meeting of Prime Minister Jonathan Mollisal will be a milestone with a lot of potential and importance that is meant to show not only realistic hopefulness of solving the situation on the island but positively improving Union and Sunrisian relations in the future. The results of the meeting will be disclosed in detail along with the outcome of the previous ones. All meetings have so far been only discussion-based and no signings have been done or will be done without informing the public first.”

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Signing of the New Kengara Memorandum

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:32 pm

New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg, January 6

On January 6 Channel 204 reported historic news:

“The allies of the conflict on the Island of Vesvai have signed the New Kengara Memorandum named after the capital of West Zilveren Berg: New Kengara. Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta have signed the New Kengara Memorandum with Chairmen Of The Pan-Vesvaian National Congress: Acido Soran and ex-Minister of Defense of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Robert Praesedit. Under this agreement the parties have signed a cease-fire into force and have agreed to recognize the autonomous status of Herbora as a territory of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and Vesvai as a sovereign state.

While the signing of the New Kengara Memorandum is happening in New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal has asked allies like Belantica and Talvistova to keep troops in Herbora. Englean Kaiserreich and other allies were invited to send troops to Herbora. The head of government said that this invitation should be disconnected from the peace process progressing in West Zilveren Berg and not be evaluated as a provocation by anybody.”
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Signing of the New Kengara Memorandum

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:38 pm

New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg, January 6

On that same day the OVNNHD network on the other side reported the same news:

“Chairmen of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress Robert Praesedit and Acido Soran along with Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta have signed the New Kengara Memorandum in New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg. According to this Memorandum the parties of the conflict on the Island of Vesvai have signed a cease-fire not just agreed on it verbally and have recognized each other’s territorial demands. Obviously both sides were fighting each other for the same land in many aspects so compromises had to be made with key demands of both sides. Union of Oblaren and Vesvai had to recognize the sovereignty of Vesvai white Vesvai in turn has recognized Herbora as an autonomous territory of the Union. The disputed island chain has gone to Herbora but Vesvai gets to keep all the other land on the island. Stay tuned.

In the meantime in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai the guerilla uprising has ended. Before the events that led up to the declaration of Herbora’s autonomy and Vesvai’s sovereignty the guerillas were fighting the Internal Troops and Union army in Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. But after the most recent events many of the former enemies started fighting on the same side. Now in the aftermath of all battles, the cease-fire and the peace process with the New Kengara Memorandum the rebels have now declared that the insurgency is ending they’re full-time joining the military and police of sovereign Vesvai. That includes local rebels and also the troops of the Vesvaian Territorial Liberation Force (VTLF) made up of defectors, dissidents and expats who have announced that VTLF is integrating into the military of sovereign Vesvai.“
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Vesvai
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Ratification of the New Kengara Memorandum

Postby Oblaren and Vesvai » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:45 pm

Vesvai’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, Island of Vesvai, Union of Oblaren and Vesvai, January 8

On January 8 OVNNHD as the network of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress reported:

“The New Kengara Memorandum signed by Chairmen of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress Robert Praesedit and Acido Soran along with Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal and Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta has been ratified by the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress. The Pan-Vesvaian National Congress has committed the Sovereign State of Vesvai to peace on the Island of Vesvai and expects the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai to follow in the same footsteps for the sake of everybody.

The primary terms of the New Kengara Memorandum signed in New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg include: unconditional and lasting cease-fire upheld by both sides, recognition of the Sovereign State of Vesvai by both sides, recognition of the autonomous territory of Herbora by both sides. Not officially referred to as so the New Kengara Memorandum is technically a peace treaty for the conflict on the Island of Vesvai. The Memorandum doesn’t include conventional forces or where troops of what type are stationed where for how long. But both sides have committed to withdraw troops from each other’s territories and withdraw territorial claims from each other’s land.”

On the same day Channel 204 of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai reported:

“Meeting the Sovereign State of Vesvai half-way the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai has also gone forward with supporting the peace process on the Island of Vesvai. At least making the first steps in that direction because it is going to take longer for the Union to legally implement the process than for the Sovereign State of Vesvai. The First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora has ratified the New Kengara Memorandum signed in New Kengara, West Zilveren Berg between the conflict parties. Herbora has proceeded with the ratification as a frontline party. The ratification process was presided over by Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta who is Chairman of the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora and one of the people to personally sign the New Kengara Memorandum. He encouraged deputies to ratify the Memorandum.

While Herbora has already ratified the New Kengara Memorandum the Union’s center has yet to do so. Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Jonathan Mollisal has arrived in Fortwel for the first time in a while after having spent the entire time of the climactic part of the conflict in Vesvai’s part of the Union and specifically in the region of Herbora. The Prime Minister has arrived with the same task that Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Andrew Gaileta had in the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora as its Chairman and has accomplished it today. PM Jonathan Mollisal has come to ask the MPs in all parties to ratify the New Kengara Memorandum to finally make peace official in the new reality. Later on the head of government will go to President of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai Russell Kelpir to have the head of state give his blessing to the peace process so that everyone on all sides could finally breathe with ease.”
Last edited by Oblaren and Vesvai on Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Oblaren and Herbora
Attaché

Founded: Jan 06, 2021
Ex-Nation

Postby Oblaren and Herbora » Tue Jan 12, 2021 3:23 am

Fortwel, Oblaren’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Herbora, Isles of Oblaren, Union of Oblaren and Herbora, January 12

Jonathan Mollisal’s title was now the Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Herbora instead of Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai after Vesvai declared sovereignty under the leadership of the separatist Pan-Vesvaian National Congress led by former friends and political allies. Mollisal was at his office in Fortwel again after a long time spent in Herbora’s part of the Union of Oblaren and Herbora throughout the recent crisis. He was going through paperwork and doing what a head of government had to. But he was also partially thinking about Robert Praesedit who was the Minister of Defense that betrayed the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai and led Vesvai’s independence to success. Praesedit was now one of two Chairmen of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress of the Sovereign State of Vesvai. Mollisal and Praesedit were both close political allies and members of the VHU party during the days of the Dominion of Vesvai and of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. They held the posts of Prime Minister and Minister of Defense respectively in the Dominion of Vesvai and of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai. Mollisal is now still the Union of Oblaren and Herbora while Praesedit was one of two Chairmen of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress of the Sovereign State of Vesvai. Praesedit was always ambitious and during pre-Union days as Minister of Defense of the Dominion of Vesvai he tried to influence Mollisal as the weaker Prime Minister of the Dominion of Vesvai. But during the Union days Mollisal gained more political weight while Praesedit took a step back. So given all these elements Praesedit’s betrayal was unpleasant but not illogical because he just went the opportunist route although he presented himself as following an ideological pro-Vesvai line.

The rift between Mollisal and Praesedit deepened during the recent conflict on the Island of Vesvai and a difference in strategy on how to handle it. But both long-time allies and friends got torn apart by Mollisal. Since Mollisal’s treason, him leading the Special Committee for State Integrity (SCSI) against the Union and leading Vesvai’s secession from the Union, both haven’t properly spoken. Praesedit ignored Mollisal’s calls whether they be personal or for diplomatic purposes. The only time both spoke and saw each other again was during the meeting in West Zilveren Berg. This time both met as enemies who represented opposing sides at war and discussed the peace process and signing a treaty that could end all of it which ultimately became the New Kengara Memorandum. During that meeting they avoided eye contact and only acknowledged each other using political titles with no names or surnames. They didn’t look at each other when shaking hands and were stone-faced. But there were other people at the meeting to remove the tension and save both from having to interact too much such as the Chairman of Round Table–Free Vesvai who was always perceived as the Union’s enemy and positioned himself as one of the leaders of Vesvai’s independence and democracy movement and also Deputy Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Vesvai at the time and Chairman of the First All-Region Congress of Deputies of Herbora Andrew Gaileta. Mollisal and Praesedit haven’t spoken again since the peace treaty received both their signatures.

For Mollisal it was still difficult to recognize the new reality and comprehend that Praesedit was now his enemy. That’s why he looked away from his paperwork for a moment and looked at his phone. He decided to call Praesedit to see if their interaction could be transformed into something and if he could discuss more diplomacy along the way.

Vesvai
Envoy

Founded: Jun 13, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Vesvai » Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:09 am

Aurisi, Sovereign State of Vesvai, January 12

Chairman of Pan-Vesvaian National Congress of the Sovereign State of Vesvai Robert Praesedit was at his office waiting for the upcoming session of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress. For now it was break time for some other duties to attend to. Praesedit had put down a note that he had to speak with the other Chairman of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress alongside him Acido Soran. Praesedit figured that Soran was going to be the guy that was going to influence the withdrawal of New Vesvai’s occupational forces and Sunrisian peacekeepers from the security belt that was now Vesvai’s territory after seceding from the Union. Praesedit didn’t like Soran and he wanted to be the sole Chairman of the Pan-Vesvaian National Congress. But for now Soran was a useful and strategically necessary figure for Praesedit for many reasons.

Then Praesedit was informed that Prime Minister of the Union of Oblaren and Herbora Jonathan Mollisal was trying to reach him on the phone. Praesedit’s first instinct was to ignore Mollisal like before but it couldn’t end well at this point. New tensions wouldn’t be useful for security reasons freshly off a military conflict. Apart from that Praesedit was curious to hear from Mollisal in general and wanted to let go of his prejudices against a former long-time political ally, fellow VHU party member that Praesedit no longer had anything to do with and technically just a friend. Praesedit picked up the phone for the first actual and not just formal diplomatic conversation with Mollisal since both were placed on warring sides of the conflict on the Island of Vesvai.
Last edited by Vesvai on Tue Jan 12, 2021 4:09 am, edited 1 time in total.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents