NATION

PASSWORD

The Resolute Syndicate [FT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Founded: Oct 06, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:59 pm

OOC: To all members, the roster and mechanics have been updated.

Ozymos
Minister

Founded: Oct 14, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Ozymos » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:33 am

[CopyPaste from Cong's thread but w/e]

Oh crimeny. It's been one of those months, hasn't it?

I'm afraid, as most of you are aware, I can't match Azura for eloquence when it comes to writing shiznits, so i'll give it my all. Over the past few years, this website and it's members have become a big part of my life. We've been through thick and thin together, and there's been good times and bad times. There's even been great times. And i'd be damned proud to call all of you my friends.

Unfortunately, I can no longer keep up with NS these days. I haven't RP'ed in months, and i'm also lacking drive. So rather than becoming someone who just posts in General and F7 because I lack that drive, i'm taking a leaf from Azura's book and taking a very long, perhaps even indefinate, vacation. Somewhere on a desert island with hula girls and cocktails, with any luck.. A shame, but that's the way things go I guess.

I don't think anyone ever "leaves" NationStates, and I sure don't intend to break my own theory. I'll be back. Just...not sure when. Until then, keep up the good work people, don't ever change, and i'll see you when I see you.

Signed
~ Gaz "Ozy" Davies
"Through adversity, to the stars!"
The Intersystems Alliance
Liu Xiu | Excalibur Squadron

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Founded: Mar 13, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:51 am

You will be missed Ozy. Don't forget about us. Until you return...goodnight, sweet prince. :hug:
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
The Kitsune Empire of Xiscapia's FT Factbook (V2.5)
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

Rethan
Minister

Founded: Aug 09, 2006
Corporate Police State

Postby Rethan » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:10 pm

And so it was that a truly magnificent being fell into slumber, one of the greatest left to rest in solitude and peace. The stars did weep on that day, lamenting the fading of one so elegant.

Yeah, I'm in a poetic kinda mood. You'll be missed Oz, hope life treats ya well enough that we see you out the other side in one peace. Fare well, and I hope to see you back soon. Image
As Was Devoured Shall Devour | As Was Buried Shall Bury

Terra Empira
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Empira » Fri Oct 22, 2010 1:54 am

<Removed>
Last edited by Terra Empira on Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
The Intersteller Federation of Terra Empira // The Lorraian Republic

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Wed Dec 01, 2010 9:28 am

Hey guys,

I'm going to be holding (or at least wanting to) essentially a 'civil war' within the Syndicate between the vicious hardliner, amoral and outright evil members (Rethan, Amazonian Beasts, Brewdomia, myself, etc.) against the moderates (Morningstar, Xiscapia, O Boyce), since MC has made mention that he has been planning to take some moderate members away oft-yonder.

As such, I think this would be a perfect time and opportunity to turn the Syndicate into an actual 'evil' or extremely amoral (and possibly even immoral) alliance of bodies. Possibly even a name change. Who knows?

Consider this more like the collapse and splinter of the Syndicate and the rise of something much more malicious, but also public, compared to amoral organizations such as Priory or Legion, but those are secret organizations. New Syndicate (name forthcoming), will be public.

Thoughts on it? It looks like it can be very interesting, at the least.

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:16 am

Jenrak wrote:Hey guys,

I'm going to be holding (or at least wanting to) essentially a 'civil war' within the Syndicate between the vicious hardliner, amoral and outright evil members (Rethan, Amazonian Beasts, Brewdomia, myself, etc.) against the moderates (Morningstar, Xiscapia, O Boyce), since MC has made mention that he has been planning to take some moderate members away oft-yonder.

As such, I think this would be a perfect time and opportunity to turn the Syndicate into an actual 'evil' or extremely amoral (and possibly even immoral) alliance of bodies. Possibly even a name change. Who knows?

Consider this more like the collapse and splinter of the Syndicate and the rise of something much more malicious, but also public, compared to amoral organizations such as Priory or Legion, but those are secret organizations. New Syndicate (name forthcoming), will be public.

Thoughts on it? It looks like it can be very interesting, at the least.

Unfortunately, even if something does happen, the (IC) resources I could spare would be extremely limited due to the ongoing Danaversian War, and my (OOC) time for it would also be extremely limited because, well, midterms, in a word. I could probably make a showing in the event of some sort of showdown, but if it goes beyond talk it wouldn't be very significant.
Xis quote of the week: Altaria Almighty: how are you not just a race of sexual predators? Like who needs power armour and gauss rifles when you have leather and whips. –Karaig
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

O Boyce
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby O Boyce » Thu Dec 02, 2010 2:19 am

I happen to be in the same boat that Xis is in, due to the Daneversain war, which is sucking an ever growing pool of resources and school, my time is limited and typing oppertunities are limited.
Proud Barony of the Galactic Empire
FT: Pokosian Commonwealth
MT: Commonwealth of O Boyce
"I got caught making out with a bowl of cherries, by my husband, he is an oninon"
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43634
FT Factbook

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Thu Dec 02, 2010 6:51 pm

Amoral, immoral, something in the "Dark Gray" spectrum sounds good to me, really.

Trying to go all extreme on the evil scale is a little too cliché in my opinion, but giving off a sense of amoral society ish while also dropping the haterade from time to time would be cool

Also totally support a name change. I'm okay with Syndicate, but it doesn't pack a lot of punch. King Cong bitches.
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Thu Dec 02, 2010 11:23 pm

Well folks, I've been scarce lately... Roomie brought a nasty headcold back from a convention and all of us caught it. For the past week I've felt like someone was popping hand grenades inside my skull, and today is the first day I've felt mostly normal.

Anyways, in theory I like your idea Jenrak, however I have to echo Xis and O Boyce. I like conflict, but if this turns major you can expect it to either stall or turn to very slow mud very quickly. So a schism in the Syndicate is good RP, an outright civil war would be a nightmare from an OOC point of view.
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Yokohama Prefecture
Attaché

Founded: May 08, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Yokohama Prefecture » Fri Dec 17, 2010 5:19 pm

I'm back from a small hiatus. Am I still a member?
"Who is so deafe or so blinde as is hee
That willfully will neither heare nor see?"

— John Heywood (c. 1565) Proverbs

Morningstar Coalition
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 23, 2009
Ex-Nation

Postby Morningstar Coalition » Sat Dec 18, 2010 9:22 pm

I had intended for this to happen roughly an IRL month ago, but life had other plans it seems. I'm posting this now just so it's on record somewhere. As far as I am concerned, this announcement should have taken place already, ICly.

From: the Office of Enaara Rafal Ur Sidduth, High Admiral of the Diplomatic Corps Service, of the 1st Home Fleet, of the Morningstar Coalition
To: The Resolute Syndicate

Today marks a dark day in the short history of the Morningstar Coalition. This is a day when we must sever ties with those who would pretend to be friends. Today we must count ourselves separate from the forces that seek to bring death and destruction to this galaxy, or else those who seek domination of the same galaxy and all her inhabitants.

By this message, the Morningstar Coalition hereby announces it's official withdrawal from the Resolute Syndicate, effective immediately. All diplomatic ties to the following nations are hereby severed.

The Arkas Avhuvria [Jenrak]
The Ascendancy [Storm Gard]
The Personalities [Seperates]
The Celestial Republic [Amazonian Beasts]
The Lost Planet of Arullan [Brewdomia]
The Immortal Pathogen [Rethan]
The Forged Steel Private Military Contracting Company [Abruzi]
The Tiuraboan Domination [Tiurabo]

By this message, the Morningstar Coalition also urges the following nations to follow in our example and set themselves apart from the above nations, for the good of all sapient life in this galaxy.

The Federation of Terra Empira [Terra Empira] [Conflict Manager]
The Russian Empire [OMGeverynameistaken]
The Kitsune Empire [Xiscapia]
The Pokosian Commonwealth [O Boyce] [Conflict Manager]
The Technocratic Confederation [Techno-Kat]
The Empire of Sertia [Sertian]
FT: The Morningstar Coalition
Morningstar OOC Thread | Dossier of Embassies | The Morningstar Grand Conclave IC Thread/OOC Thread - The multi-faction ruling body of Morningstar meets here, | The Phoenix Initiative - Morningstar's bid for "immortality".
My sigged quotes got too long for Nationstates' signature limits, so now I'm collecting all future sig quotes HERE.

Amazonian Beasts
Ambassador

Founded: Dec 30, 2005
Ex-Nation

Postby Amazonian Beasts » Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:35 am

Yokohama Prefecture wrote:I'm back from a small hiatus. Am I still a member?

I'd TG Jenrak; he's got the down low on the member details and can tell you everything you need to know personally.
http://wearesanctum.wordpress.com/ - Follow New Azura, Storm Gard, and myself amongst others as we talk about random stuff, from sports to comedy.

Hurricanes/Trojans/Wildcats; Jaguars/Spurs/Dodgers/Avalanche/Ravens

Xiscapia
Postmaster-General

Ex-Nation

Postby Xiscapia » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:49 am

It is said that the hands of Time carry knives, which murders love in its sleep; also known as "familiarity breeds contempt." When the Kitsune Empire came to join this union of states the moral color, it was thought, was gray, but now it appears black to us, a silken sable shroud cast over what seeks to hide. The greater parts of this alliance have moved on or become disillusioned, and the more notorious, the more questionable, the more chaotic, have grown. They can no longer be kept at the length of a tail, nor can we keep from associating with them by virtue of our bond with the Resolute Syndicate. What has become evident to us is that the Resolute Syndicate is full of the very elements it was purportedly formed to work against and strike down.

A matter of perception? Perhaps. But from what we have seen, from our knowledge, from our friends and from our own, paints a very clear picture, and that is one that indicates the Resolute Syndicate is not a foundry of order, but a bastion of chaos. Surely there may be arguments levied against such allegations, but when the net work of an organization is to destroy more than it has restored, to kill more than it has birthed, to summon forth a sweeping wave of entropy, infection, infighting and pandemonium that causes even the other organized powers of the universe to tremble with fear and dread, it is not the work of peacekeepers and bringers of stability. Verily, the Resolute Syndicate has not even had the grace in fall to become what it supposedly despised; it was so all along, and we merely, willfully, blinded ourselves to it. No more.

On this token, the Kitsune Empire implores its fellows, the Pokosian Commonwealth, the Russian Empire, the Sertian Empire, the Federation of Terra Empira, the Technocratic Confederation and the Japanese Empire, states it has good relations with or wishes to, to remove your blindfolds, cast off your blinders and let the scales fall from your eyes! See what the Resolute Syndicate has become, and who and what inhabits it. Ask yourselves what path your nation should take -shall you follow us and ours, and depart that which you swore an oath to combat, or will you traitorously embrace it, betraying what you hoped was true but knew the be false, and plant your flag with these chaotic forces in disguise? Know that if you do not choose now, you soon will, for war is coming -it takes no sharp eyes nor perked ears to sense the machinations of those outside, who, though they are misguided, label you for what you truly are.
Choose now, or choose later.
But choose you will.

By this missive, the Kitsune Empire takes its leave of the Resolute Syndicate.

-Ambassador Vorn
Xiscapian Diplomatic Corps
Last edited by Xiscapia on Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:52 am, edited 2 times in total.
R.I.P. Shal - 1/17/10

O Boyce
Diplomat

Founded: Apr 22, 2007
Ex-Nation

Postby O Boyce » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:49 am

It is with a great sigh of releif that the Pokosian Commonwealth is withdrawing from the Resolute Sydicate with the utmost speed. It has not the time nor the resources to continue such a alliance that in the end does not benifit us. We will withdraw as so many of our colleges have done before. We applaud Xiscapia, and Morningstar Coalition for making this plain to us. Goodday

Assistant Secretary to the Tar,

J'klreea
Proud Barony of the Galactic Empire
FT: Pokosian Commonwealth
MT: Commonwealth of O Boyce
"I got caught making out with a bowl of cherries, by my husband, he is an oninon"
http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=43634
FT Factbook

Terra Empira
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 10, 2010
Ex-Nation

Postby Terra Empira » Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:24 pm

To: The Resolute Syndicate
From: Charles Blanchard, Fleet Admiral of the Terra Empira

Through the aeons of this galaxy many have survived, some lived in luxury, and some lived in the shadows. But no matter how far we made it, we all are just surviving. Individuals survive, groups survive, governments, races, and alliances. In the end, the one thing that gets even the survivors is time. Time is limited, time never forgets, and it never forgives. Time changes people, no matter how long you have survived.

And it has been a short time that the Interstellar Federation of Terra Empira has been a member of this alliance, when we joined, we did so because it was a morally white group, we did so, so that we may survive, and others may as well.

But time has changed that, and the white that group once was, albeit stained, has now faded to a darker shade, a moral shade that the Terra Empira is not willing to follow you into. And it is with little regret that we hereby resign our membership and place in this alliance, and we urge other members to do so as well.

And it is with this, I bid you farewell. And with whatever moral color you choose for yourselves, may your time in this universe be more than just surviving, but prosper.

Last edited by Terra Empira on Mon Dec 20, 2010 11:30 pm, edited 3 times in total.
The Intersteller Federation of Terra Empira // The Lorraian Republic

Jenrak
Retired Moderator

Ex-Nation

Postby Jenrak » Wed Dec 22, 2010 9:32 pm

Attn. All members of the Syndicate:

It is with great excitement that the Syndicate, in recent developments, is officially considered no more, and that, from the Synd's ashes there shall be peace. A covenant. An agreement. A Concord.

Any and all former Syndicate members are allowed membership into the new Concord, though we strongly suggest you read over the new charters to acclimate yourself with our new expectations.

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents