NATION

PASSWORD

The enemy of my enemy dies next [closed, FT]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Sep 08, 2020 7:51 pm

The Allanean ship was named Herodotus. From its body, several vessels detached, and began to descend towards several coordinates that were selected jointly with the Imperial expedition. The vessels were Arvus lighters, or at least looked enough like them that they could be confused for the Imperial vessel without close inspection. They were painted a strange shade of light green, however, that would make observers more likely to ignore them, chosen specifically for this by the experts who planned the mission.

Each of the lighters carried ten men with their weapons, and several servo-skulls – or at least devices that looked enough like servo-skulls. They would split up – some deploying at ruins or landmarks Allaneans found to be suspicious, others at locations pointed out by Inquisitor Tsagos or Captain Enkara. They would fan out, their weapons held ready, their helmet cameras relaying what they saw, the servo-skulls maintaining a perimeter around them.

On the field with the lead squad was Sabrina Tomes, clad like them in light powered armor. Over the armor she wore a long cape, and leaning on the staff which was a mark of her office as much as a weapon. Her helmet had incorporated a feature most men did not need – an aetherometer, a device that displayed to her the ebbs and flows of the fields around her. It was, at this point, of little use – so strong were the emanations of the warp around her. She ended up adjusting it constantly to make up for the interference. Those who listened to her vox feed could hear frequent oaths – blasted thing – as the mage adjusted her equipment.

Aboard the Herodotus, the Allaneans set up an office for the representatives the three groups. It contained a long table, seats for each of the officials and their assistants - for Strelkina, it would be an officer of the drop troops and a man from the Navy, as well as one of her own 'acolytes', and of course Inquisitor Tsagos would have his own men. The center of the table was a screen with a tactical map on it, and on the sides one could see various refreshments as fit for a military staff meeting. Soft drinks in cans, fruit stacked on plates, wafers and scones were all available, and a machine that produced coffee, tea, or hot chocolate on command was placed in the corner of the room.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 24, 2012
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:31 pm

Caldaris Prime Defense Station, 12 hours ago

The Free Company command staff arrived without ceremony to the defense station and was met by a delegation of staff who would assess what resources were needed by the Astartes' vessel. The Defense staff was welcoming and wore the garb of both House Castamere and in Imperial Protractian Navy, until of course Tsagos stepped off of the boarding umbilical. His presence brought an apparent shadow to the reception.

"Ahhh.....Yes..... A representative of his most holy Inquisition. My Lord, what brings you in the company of so many of the Angels of Death?" spoke the representative

Tsagos was put off by this, even if an Inquisitor's presence was routine in nature (and it never truly was) none save members of nobility or Imperial command station would even to attempt to inquire as to their presence.

"Citizen what is your station?" asked Tsagos in a commanding manner.

"I am a Seneschal of House Castamere, in service to Lord Reynold, a bearer of his symbol here in the outer reaches. Please Lord, *bowing* excuse me my inquiry, I merely wished to make conversation and assess what, if anything I may provide you on behalf of House Castamere."

"Your apology is noted as is your status, I desire a full manifest of the resources and forces stationed at this outpost. I am in pursuit of a foreign entity that attempted to breach Imperial space and kill a diplomatic delegation. My Astropath lost contact with them along that boarding space of the Caldaris frontier, I am here to locate them and ensure the boarder area is secure. I am sure your liege would not mind my presence here." finished Tsagos

"Not at all My Lord, if only I had known of your arrival I would have had a proper reception waiting. Our Quartermaster will ensure that you get the information you need forthwith." finished the Seneschal

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
8 Hours ago

Tsagos had looked over the manifests of equipment and resources and noticed that all of the munition depots were fully stocked, but the rate of small arms ammunition for training seemed exceedingly high for a station with a single regiment and Grenadier company. Tsagos had been explained that most of the regiment was planet side providing security for mining operations. Security from what none knew or could speculate, they were simply following orders.

Tsagos was also alarmed that the station's Cathedral seemed untouched and unused for quite a while. He was informed that the Station minister was planet side preaching to the Imperial workers and holding services for them. Around the same time of his departure the Grenadier company departed for an unoccupied portion of the planet for a reconnaissance in force. Tsagos was informed that outside of the Imperial colony the local wildlife was very hostile and the company was sent to locate new locations for pre-fab facilities. The company's communication plan seemed lacking, with updates stopping some six weeks ago and no attempts to reestablish contact being made. It further came to light that the rest of the Imperial Infantry Regiment was not even breast of the Company's mission and no attempts to send troops to their location had been made. The last transmission logged was that the Company would move on foot approximately 120 kilometres to the nearest Colony rail outpost and regroup at the Colony for transit to the station.

Why did an entire company of elite troops deploy with the regimental Commissar unbeknownst to the rest of the Regiment?

Was it some kind of live training exercise?

Why was three quarters of the Regiment planet side?

Why was there a mining operation ongoing manned by House Castamere in House Inopsus space?

Why the vast consumption of surplus and outdated small arms?

Tsagos transmitted several points of interest to Colonel Strelkina and Shield Captain Enkara with a priority placed on the location of the Imperial Grenadier company.

Tsagos himself would go to the Imperial colony and make contact with the regimental leadership and Imperial Minister to gain answers to the questions he discovered.

Fist however he would sleep, rest being long overdue he found peace in the Station's diplomatic birthing.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
4 Hours ago

"Tsagos, Tsagos, wake up" spoke the tech priest Hernz "You must listen to what I recovered"

Hernz had a Vox log file loaded on a data slate. It began to play:

"Any Station, Any Station reading respond! This is Hammerhand actual, my company is in full contact on the *****Static***** ridge.

Large hostile Element contacted. A re-transmission to orbital station is requested, QRF or extract needed, Support Fires reque*****Static******om planetary East to West starting a the ridge. *Las fire in the background getting louder*

Push up a fire team with Volley guns, cyclic rate until they break to reform. Commissar! I need you to take the reserve Squad to 1st Platoon and Hold the line! The Injured will have to fight! *explosion*

Any Station this is Hammerhand Actual! Response requested!

*Unintelligible yelling and Bolt Pistol fire*

Commissar! They've broken through once the Volley Guns overheated.....******Static***** Sniper everyone get down, Medicade to my Vox operator!

****Las Fire Gets closer and the sounds of Bolter rounds being fired*****

All Hammerhand Units leave the dead and wounded, Collapse back my my location!

Any Station, Any Station! Forward Orbital Fires via Macros to our position.

****Screaming and Chainsword revving*****

By the Throne, Fire, Fire, Fire.......*Vox cuts to static*"

"This was the Grenadier Company?" Asked Tsagos

"Yes Lord"-Hernz

"No support ever came?"

"Does not sound like it Lord"-Hernz

"Very well forward the information, I could see the Station not getting ground transmission but the Colony would have been more then in range. Prep the team for entry, we will go speak to the regimental command" said Tsagos.

Captain Verricon was advised of the vox logs but to avoid suspicion, something was very wrong in Caldaris Prime and the 4th Free Company would remain in orbit for support.

The Vox information was forwarded via psychic transmission to the fellows aboard Herodotus with a request to investigate quietly the area the company was last known to be fighting.
A 6.1 civilization, according to this index.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Sep 12, 2020 1:53 pm

Aboard the Herodotus

Strelkina listened to the newest information and then spoke to Tsagos: "Inquisitor, I propose that given what we already know, we would use encrypted vox or tightbeam laster for our short-range communications. The simplest our methods are, and the least they derive from warpcraft, the less vulnerable they are to the Heretic."

She turned to the Savant: "Good sir, I have some questions if you permit. It is my belief that the reason that house Castamere would be operating a hidden mining operation in another House's territory would be to steal something. Three variants appear likely - some manner of archaeotech, some valuable ancient relics, or perhaps some mineral or resource that your society's economy holds to be precious – perhaps it is used in producing some weapon or starship. Tell me, based on your knowledge, what kind of exports does this system have? Do you think it is feasible we are dealing with a mere theft of valuable ore, or is something more criminal afoot here?"

Finally, she addressed Enkara: "Captain, you're familiar with the tale of the Dwarves of Moria? It is said that they destroyed their kingdom because, while mining for ore, they unearthed a great and ancient evil. It is of course possible that House Castamere's grenadiers perished in a mere criminal altercations, but given the prophesies and the nature of this place I propose to you that something far worse is afoot.

The drop trooper teams altered their patrol routes. Some of them were already fixing bayonets to their rifles, as they turned to the place where – it appeared – a whole company of infantry had perished. Servo-skull drones scouted ahead. Aboard the Herodotus, reinforcements began to be prepared. One would have to be a complete fool to expect the day to pass without violence.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Sun Sep 13, 2020 4:40 pm

Aboard the Herodotus

Tsagos was speaking to Strelkina through the power of his psyker, Karin Linde. "Colonel we can transition to technological communications if you wish, just be warned that even though the message may be secured from interception it will provide a pin point in the sending and receiving locations if discovered. The background noise of the ether here in Caldaris I hope to mask simple telepathic communications.

It is not strictly speaking Illegal to operate in another houses' demesne if there is an agreement, it is just strange that the Ordo would not know of such an arrangement. I do not know of any natural resources here in exceeding rarity. However, if the vessels that leave after dropping of munitions do not document their cargo removed that could shield potential exports for the black market. As for relics or archeotech the Mechanicus and the Ordo's have no information of anything of value here, I would be tempted to conclude it is some kind of mining operation for black market merchandise. That however does not mean the goods are not heretical. Maybe an army is being raised to disrupt the balance of power in the great houses. I will making a landing with my retinue and a squad of Astartes on the facility to investigate, have your teams discovered anything of the Grenadiers last location?"

Tsagos was sitting in a Thunderhawk that was preparing to make atmospheric entry to begin his investigation.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Enkara looked to Strelkina "Colonel, I know not of this legend you speak. I do know as we have discussed of the dangers of awakening entities of the old night, for that very eventuality is why we are here as manifestations of His will. I propose that the portents would not direct me here with my men for a matter of material wealth, and the disappearance of Imperial Grenadier's is notable as they are not pledged to any noble house. As it stands however, we are hear to keep you and the Inquisitor alive so I would inquire as to what you would do next?

Metus Ridge, last known location of the Grenadiers

As the drop troops would move forward they would be greeted by the site of an intense combat, the bodies of Protractian Grenadiers were strewn in a retreating path of the ridge to the crest of a hill top. At the top the body of the Imperial Commissar could be seen, entrails strung out in a display of horror. Footsteps could be seen in a pattern that displayed a running gun battle away from the ridge and into a ravine. Spent munitions carpeted the ground indicating that intensity of the conflict with bolter casings aplenty. Curious however, there was no sign of enemy dead or wounded almost as if the bodies were removed.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sun Sep 13, 2020 6:03 pm

Situation room aboard the Herodotus

The screen surface on the desk blinked, switching suddenly to a series of photographs from the surface. In one corner text messages began to appear, the lettering bright red. Even as they appeared, Strelkina began to spoeka, issuing orders to the men on the ground – it became evident she had some augments linking her to the computer records in the room.

"Establish a perimeter around the site. Do not enter the ravine until we give a signal. Deploy the servo-skulls. Ventral gun batteries, lock onto the coordinates I give you, but do not fire."

She then turned to Enkara and Tsagos. "Gentlemen, this discussion of Dwarven lore has now become academic. I believe Traitor Astartes are operating on the ground. My reasoning is clear: the force of Grenadiers has been wiped out by a force armed with bolters, which left footsteps escaping into that ravine, and their cultist thralls dragged off the bodies. I am now having acolytes servo skulls to enter that ravine, however I'm absolutely ready to follow the advice of the ancients and strike the site from orbit if that's what you advise. Inquisitor Tsagos, as I understand it the Astartes are capable of a form of advanced omophagia and some of your psykers can to a degree recover the memories of the dead. Do you feel that it would be safe to recover that Comissar or should we grant this man the honor of burial by fire?"

On the ground

The Allaneans began to take up positions around the ravine's entrance. The drop troops unsheathed their tools – each man carried on their person a small shovel, with a blade that began to glow perilous blue as the soldiers activated it. The shovels cut into rock like butter as they dug in. Several of the servo-skulls flew towards the ravine, while some others ascended into the air, circling high overhead like ominous bumblebees.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Mon Sep 21, 2020 2:25 pm

Situation Room

Enkara looked at the evolving read outs before commenting as the drop troops formed up around the ravine. "Any consumption of a body tainted by the Arch-enemy should not be attempted. However, would not your sages detect residual energy of taint if it were Traitors? Also can you place a rough number on how many traitor legionaries there may be? The ravine is suspicious at best but it will have to be cleared of any potential enemy, are your troops up to the task or shall the Order of the Griffon be requested?" finished Enkara.

Ravine

In the ravine a male figure, seemingly naked, sitting cross legged was barely visible with his hands outstretched. There were what appeared to be exploded corpses around him and he began to shake and sob. It was the Grenadier Captain, shell shocked and pale.

Colony Side, Tsagos and staff

The landing port was desolate with the automated turrets not activating upon the lander's approach. Tsagos and his Retinue dismounted with little ceremony and began to look for a dock master. There was none, just throngs of workers who appeared far more vegetative than your average Imperial Menial. They were almost oblivious to the new arrivals, indifferent even. Something that was Unnerving no an agent of the Throne, even the most ignorant subject of the Imperium was aware of the Ordos and their charter. Tsagos walked through the pre fab buildings towards the Regimental command suite designated from orbit.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Sep 21, 2020 4:46 pm

Herodotus Situation Room

"Allow me to rephrase, Captain. I suggest, of course omophagy to be performed on the Commissar, who appears to have been loyal to the end. No doubt he would have agreed to be of service in this way. As for the situation on the ground, what we know is this."

"There's a force of Traitor Astartes at least fifty in number – judging by the fact they've easily wiped out a battalion-strength force of Grenadiers – supported by an unknown amount of traitors. Were they to attack our men right this second they'd surely succeed. However they're obviously not attacking right now. We're having the men entrench around the ravine, as well as deploying reinforcements by landing craft and deploying support smallcraft. If you have any idea of joining them that is certainly welcome."

"Sabrina informs me she has found no evidence that a powerful warp ritual had been performed in the area, however this might be a result of the interference, or perhaps the traitors are going to perform it soon. I propose we lock a dorsal battery's armament onto that ravine and if things go all to feth we fire it."

She paused – "Oh. An update from the surface."

In the Ravine

A servo-skull descended, circling the injured man. "Greetings, Captain" - said the skull, broadcasting a much more human tone that the machine's own programming was able to produce. "Are you well? Are you capable of extracting on your own?"
Last edited by Allanea on Mon Sep 21, 2020 5:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 9:45 am

Situation Room

"Omophagy is a tool that can be used and the good commissar's loyalty is not in question, it would have to be ascertained if his body has any present warp contagion. The Ether also has a very extensive pattern of Virology my good Colonel. 50 Traitors can be handedly addressed should they present themselves, I will pass this to the 4th Free Company. The Inquisitor is on the ground, Quarantine the body for the time being and allow him to conduct a purity check. Further the level of decay will most likely render the information useless as the DNA and RNA breakdown after so much time denies the Omophagy organ its true potential." Spoke Enkara

The alert broke the flow of Enkara's statement.

In the Ravine

The Captain of the Grenadiers was locked, in a chant oblivious to the probes communication. The man simply sat there like a husk, lethargic and entranced. Further from him a clicking and periodic buzzing sound could be heard.

Caldaris Prime Defense station

The Astartes of the 4th Free Company were receiving encrypted Quick Text updates of the evolving situation and Captain Verricon had ordered the Obsidian Blade freed from docking to prepare to respond to calls for aid from the surface.

Jainenguard
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jainenguard » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:17 pm

Colony side with Tsagos and his men

As the men entered the colony's main pathways they passed many seemingly busy colonists. Abek Safflow, with his terribly scarred face, and Ausjorn Abolt were in front of the group with axes in hand, ready for a fight as always. They were followed by Tsagos with his two heavily armored crusaders by his side with Goffrey and Gregore bringing up the rear.

The sight of Tsagos and his men was intimidating to say the least, but not a single colonist glanced away from their work or noticed the men. As they continued towards the regimental command center Abek noticed something was off and asked Ausjorn, "Do the colonists seem listless? It is not as if they are ignoring us, but do not even realize we are here." Ausjorn replies, "Abek, I knew something was off when not even your ugly mug got any attention." Then he yells to the group, "Ay boys, keep your guard up! Something is off with these colonists..."

Goffrey, having also realized odd state the colonists were in, was quick to respond, "Let us continue to move towards our destination with haste. This colony's citizens are of no concern to us." From there the men continued towards their goal not speaking anymore but making sure to keep a watchful eye for any signs of a clamor.

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 1:35 pm

Caldaris Prime Colony

Tsagos continued to tread forward with his Retinue, he did not give word to what he saw but he felt it. Something was very wrong, Goffrey, the beast he was did not care of such matters as he cherished only the fight. Abek and Ausjorn however had taken point, watching, waiting for a potential threat to emerge and as they closed distance with the Regimental Command center an Imperial Soldier bellowed "Halt!" with ten or so Imperials presenting their Las Guns at the group.

Tsagos strode forward with his Crusaders and held up his Inquisitorial Rosette, saying "By the Power of this mark, you will stand down! As an Inquisitor of the Ordo Malleus I command it. Failure to obey me is the gravest of heresies."

The Guard shuffled for a moment before slowly lowering their weapons, "Our apologies Lord, we did not realize. We will have our command notified of your presence."

"Very Good Trooper, carry on." finished Tsagos

He leaned towards Ausjorns ear "This is most unusual, if they so much as flinch as we walk past, kill them."

The Group entered the Regimental Command where they were greeted by a Major of the Regiment's Staff.

"Greets to you all agents of the Throne, how may the Helikon 237th Regiment be of assistance." Spoke the major

"Well met Major, I am hear to investigate the disappearance of your Grenadier Company from their Recon in force." Stated Tsagos

The Major grimaced with several Regimental guards tensing up ever so slightly.

"Why I was not briefed on the actions of the Grenadiers, they tend to keep to themselves and let us normal troops do the mundane." replied the Major

Tsagos shot back "A sense of distaste Major?"

"No Lord, only frustration as they have apparently done something to earn the ire of your Ordo. I seek only to serve and be of help in the goals of the Throne." The Major replied with a bow.

Jainenguard
Political Columnist

Founded: Sep 17, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Jainenguard » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 pm

Caldaris Prime Colony

Tsagos continued to question the major, but as he pressed more and more he and his men could see that his questions were being being deflected.

Ausjorn, growing tired of the dismissive attitude of the major, exclaimed, "Dammit! you are talking us in circles. If this goes on any longer I will show you why I am the savage!"

Goffrey spoke next, "Relax Ausjorn, it seems the time for killing is growing near. Look around us and feel the malicious intent." As he said that the company of men peered around and realized the room was slowly filling with more and more guards.

It happened in a flash.... the major touched his hand to his gun and then his hand hit the ground. Ausjorn sprung into action swiftly severing the majors arm with his trusty axe.

Chaos ensued...
Last edited by Jainenguard on Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 3:45 pm

The Major roared in pain and fell back, his guards readied las guns and began to fire. The Crusaders next to Tsagos raised their Shields and allowed the volley of las shots to dissipate on the disrupter fields of the shields.

Mara tossed a blind grenade into the air at the detachment of guards that began to storm into the command center, her visor protecting her from the grenades effects as he began to fire at the responding troops with her bolt pistol. Mara barked off shots into troops and she closed distance to strike with her power sword, using it to carve swaths into the troops.

Arbitrator Joyce began to fire his shotgun into the troops with Mara, taking cover as he did so. The solid slugs hitting the troops in their stomachs below their flak armor and pumping their organs in a bloody spray.

Goffrey swung his gauntleted forearm out and knocked a lasgun away as it fired at Karin, and Golian causing it to miss. Grabbing the man and throwing him into one of his fellows before drawing his sword and charging forward.

Gregore opened up with his lasgun on full auto and fell back with Hernz to protect Karin and Golian. Hernz unleashed a blast with his inferno pistol disintegrating another trooper who turned to close at him.

In moments it was over, bodies were strewn on the floor and the injured were being killed. Tsagos peered around at the work of his Cadre, unimpressed at the Major and his men's attempt to kill him. The Major was trying to scramble away keeping his severed arm off the ground panting heavily.

"We have much to talk about Major, and we will uncover many truths you and I. Karin, please assist me in this matter." Spoke Tsagos.

Outside of the regimental Command center the colonists turned into a throng with Gregore locking down the command center and the Teams lander attempting to take off to inform the Order of the Griffon what had happened.

As the Valkyrie took off several Quad Autocannon Turrets fired and wrecked the craft in mid flight.

The Major began to snarl out "You should not have come here Inquisitor, you will not leave this place, the people will not allow it. When that Bulkhead gives in they will take you all and make a mockery of your corpse."

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:05 pm

Ravine

There was no longer a time for considerations. Around the ravine's entrance, men in entrenched positions moved the selectors on their guns. Those whose positions had already been dug deep enough took shelter at the very bottom of their trenches.

The skull hovered literal inches from the man's face, and suddenly shouted in Sabrina Tomes' voice – augmented by its machinery, it was extremely loud:

STOP THIS INFERNAL CHANTING! IF YOU WISH TO BE RESCUED STOP THIS CHANTING! SHUT UP OR WE WIL END YOUR LIFE RIGHT HERE!
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:12 pm

Ravine

The Captain stopped, the shouting of the probe having drawn his attention. "Are you here to deliver me from this judgement? You have not idea what they will do, it was all a trap. My men, my entire company gone. You are probably with him, your are an ally of his are you not. Coming to harvest the beast, that's why most were taken alive, you needed us to breed them didn't you. You have taken me from His light and cast me into darkness and now you are hear to gloat."

The buzzing and the chittering grew louder. There was a momentary bulbous movement under the Captain's skin.

The buzzing was growing louder and louder with the loose earth starting to build up.
Last edited by Sub Sector Protractis on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:43 pm

Ravine

"I am so sorry." – the skull said, of course the machine was not able of any kind of speech of its own. It was merely relaying Sabrina Tomes' words as the witch recognized that the man was about to suffer a horrible fate.

In orbit, a single plasma cannon on the Herodotus' belly pulsed to life. Down on the ground it was as if the skies were cut asunder by a blue-white beam

The cannon's targeting systems were designed to engage fast-moving starships from untold thousands of miles away, punching through shielding and armor. At an orbital distance, aiming at a motionless, naked man was a simple task for it.

Thunder rolled as the plasma lance cut through the air in its passing, and then, practically immediately , a much louder roar, when it struck its target in a mighty explosion, vaporizing flesh, bone and rock alike.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 6:54 pm

Ravine Crater

The Impact was sudden and total in its finality. Some would consider it heavy handed, others a waste of resources. But to those who rightfully feared the warp it was just and right to cleanse the potential taint without exposing others souls unduly.

This however was the beginning, the buzzing cascaded into a roar as out of the Crater Wasp-like creatures poured forth. At the site of the battle of the Grenadiers the ground surged and the Wasps poured, phasing between being materialized and intangible. These Warp spawn creatures, weak independently were pooling into a cloud and preparing to strike. Their hive had been disturbed and now they would defend it, the arcane power of the Mage would attract the female of the species who would attempt to impregnate the Mage with their eggs.

The Psychneuein, a scantly known warp entity that straddled its lifespan between the reality and the Ether.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:17 pm

Situation Room

Strelkina sucked air through her teeth as she looked at the footage. The imagery was horrifying as hundreds of warp-spawned insects emerged from the ravine in a terrible cloud. Seconds later, the image on the screen was replaced with a blinking inscription – SIGNAL LOST – in Inglish.

"Well, Captain Enkara, that's probably for the best. " – the Colonel said. – "I'm not sure what the feth these are, but they're ugly motherfethers that's for sure. I am proposing that we either reinforce rapidly or outright withdraw, but either way we make the decision quickly.".

[b]Ravine

The drop troops now had opportunity to display the firepower of their weapons. In a way, it was impressive. Plasma guns fired in long bursts, in a rate of fire an Imperial plasma gun would be hard-pressed to sustain. Where they struck one of the creatures its flesh would boil and burst. Where they struck bare stone there would be a small explosion and a shower of stone shrapnel. Rocket launchers spat fire, explosions tearing through the cloud of alien beasts.

Yet all this was absolutely pointless. The creatures seemed to abandon the very confines of reality with horrifying ease, and sometimes beams that should have by all logic killed them, passed harmlessly through their bodies. Moreover, there’re just very many of them. Within minutes, several of the trench positions were overtaken. There was a radiant burst of light as one of the men touched off a melta-grenade before perishing.

At her position, Tomes prepared to make a stand. Whispers of spellcraft erected protective fields around the witch, enclosing her and a handful of infantrymen in a globe of protective force, the air shimmering around her.

As the creatures approached she spoke, the helmet connecting her instantly to the men in the situation room.

"Contact with suspected warp life-form, two furlongs, previously unknown type. Suspect warp-based xenos life form. Requesting orders and additional fire support."
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:38 pm

Enkara spoke, "They are Psychneuein, they grow in the brain and bodies of the psykers or latent psykers. Warp entities that are very aggressive, insectoid and very difficult to kill when massed. Any one of your member with ties to the Ether can be infected if they get within 100 yards of the spawn. They are one of the more minor risks however if they can be funneled. Let us ask the Order of the Griffon if they can lend their weapons to the cause, Thunderhawks with Promethium bombs should help. Provided your Sorcerer can survive that long and withstand the bombing. She is the beacon in the dark they are dawn too, we must also warn the Inquisitor. It does not make sense why the Grenadiers would be killed for going after a nest of the beasts. We are also no closer to understanding who killed them. Do you have a plan to extract and Quarantine Colonel?"

The 4th Free Company went to full readiness to combat the warp spawn that has attacked the expedition. The Docking umbilicals were released when unexpectedly the Transmission of Tsagos' lander indicated critical damage then disappeared. In the moments following that revelation the hull of the Obsidian Blade were rocked with Point blank macro cannon fire from the Defense station. This full volley would have outright destroyed most other ships but the Strike Cruisers of the Astartes were designed to face critical damage before deploying their payload.

Verricon then was forced to make a choice, retreat or attack. "Warp shunt, X axis under the damned thing, Brothers to Board and Purge. Upon exit Voids at full."

Code: Select all
+++++++EMERGENCY COMBAT TRANSMISSION+++++++++

Shield Captain Enkara, we have been betrayed. Our vessel is limping as the Defense station has fired upon us when we began to de-dock. We cannot escape it and remain in system. Counter attack underway. Emperor Keep us all

The Ship shuttered out of reality and reappeared under the defense station, Several boarding vessels launched out and the Astartes of the 4th Free Company entered the Station.

Bolters began to rain and Traitors began to died in a bloody pulp. The Astartes would need to secure the Station to provided Tsagos and the expedition a chance at extraction.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 pm

"Define plan." - Strelkina said, lapsing into Inglish momentarily. - "Tomes, listen to me. These are not Chaos creatures and protection against Chaos will not do shit-fuck-all. I am lowering anti-teleport fields now. Get out."

"Are you out of your fucking mind?" - Tomes replied - "I'm not leaving the men behind."

"They are already dead. These creatures will teleport their eggs into your brain at one hundred yards. Run."

Another squad of infantry simply vanished, overwhelmed as the creatures swarmed around them. Though the men were brave, well-trained and augmented, the fight was disappointingly brief.

The Allanean vessel was warded thoroughly with teleport barriers, most of them could not be lowered even if its Captain wished it. Yet the teleportaria aboard the ship could be set to allow an incoming teleport. A flash of blue energy – and Tomes appeared, surrounded by half a dozen men and women that were all that remained of her squad. Terrified, the mage threw off her helmet and let loose a stream of profanity in five languages.

Seconds later, several hatches on the Herodotus's ventral plates opened, and a hail of orbit-to-ground bombs began to fall. Cluster munitions, promethium incendiaries, and octocellulose bombs shrieked as they came down into the ravine.

"Well," – spoke Strelkina, "I begin to understand Inquisitor Tsagos better. If we take that Grenadier's last words seriously, it appears the heretics were trying to breed those foul creatures. This doesn't strike me as super-smart, but then people who mess about with warp magic are rarely smart. "
Last edited by Allanea on Tue Sep 22, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:13 pm

Caldaris Prime Defense Station

The First wave of boarding Torpedoes crashed into docking bays and the Astartes of the 4th Free Company's lead elements dismounted in halls of the defense station. A single battalion of human troops remained to defend the station. Hallway block points were established by the defenders and quickly bypassed or smashed through. At the Gunnery control center a full company of Imperial Troops prepared their defense. Captain Verricon moved to the front with 30 of his Brothers-At-Arms and prepared for the final push,

He keyed his Vox to the the Company:

+++Brothers, Warriors, Champions of Humanity! This is all they could offer, this is the limit of their commitment! The Traitor is like the viper, dangerous when is strikes suddenly from the brush with venom. Our Vessel the Obsidian Blade however has endured, and now the brush had been cleared and the viper lay exposed. We will strike forward on my Order and cut the head from the snake.

They have shed the blood of our brothers and taken the lives of honorable warriors with their treachery. We shall now return to them, suffering, pain, and terror! Those who live will be given to the Inquisition and our Chaplin to be interrogated. Those who die will parish under the judgement of the Emperor in paradise, we shall arrange for them to see the folly of their betrayal. Once we have this station we will rain hellfire on the surface of the world on any traitor that is uncovered.

All elements! Movement to contact, *The Astartes began to close on their objectives as las fire smacked into boarding shields* Assault! *The Astartes raised their Bolters* Fight! *Bolter Fire begins*++

The Command Squad of Verricon rang out shots into the company of human troops, officers, NCO's, Heavy and specialty weapons first. Bodies turned into bloody pulp and the First waves began to break and fall back. As they ran they obstructed the cover of their fellows.

The Astartes broke into a sprint and power weapons were drawn, boarding shields crashed into the rear of the retreating Guardsmen and they were trampled to death under the boots of the Brothers. In moments Verricon and his men were among the Troops, power weapons rending a toll, elbows and knees breaking bones. Injured Guardsmen being executed.

Verricon strode forward, slashing with perfect accuracy the troops in front of them leaving a wake of bodies. He leveled his Combi-Flamer as the final attempted to rally around the Company command was attempted and fired into the commanders cadre. There were screams and flailed movements of men on fire, they were allowed to burn and Verricon continued to kill, until he finally was in the command bridge. The operators did not resist further, they surrendered consigned to their fate, some would be collected for interrogation the rest would be herded to an Airlock and vented.

Code: Select all
++++Imperial Elements from Verricon, we have carried the day the station is ours. Weapons will be brought to full readiness and a request for aid from our order will be submitted. Advise if contact can be made with the Inquisitor, it will take us time but I will ready forces to assist planet side.

Verricon Out++++

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Sat Sep 26, 2020 5:42 pm

In the command room, Strelkina looked at her Imperial counterparts:

“Well, that is a nest of traitors you have cleared out with great professionalism. I commend you and your men for their success. It should be our first priority to thoroughly search the facility for any traps – it’s not unknown for heretics to sabotage a machine spirit or a void facility, and there are many ways in which such a thing can be performed. I propose my men scan the outside of the station for any sabotage devices that might be fitted to the hull, and your tech-priests commune with the machine spirits and the cogitators to see if anything is amiss. “

“After that we can establish a shared work center in the station – once we can be certain it does not suddenly explode with us inside , or perhaps vent itself to the void. Meanwhile we are still not hearing from Inquisitor Tsagos. Given the circumstances I have the gravest concerns.”
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Mon Sep 28, 2020 4:04 pm

Planet side

The mob had grown to the hundreds, armed with auto and las weapons, blunt objects and all matter of weapons in between. Some had even taken to using las cutters to begin cutting into the Regimental Commands bulkhead.

For now Tsagos had time, but time was not on his side.

"Communication is down, as are the weapons batteries?" Asked Tsagos

"Yes, we are trapped and cannot call for support" replied Linde "I can try and astropathic message but the tides of the Ether are turbulent, something is very unwell."

The sound of the Allanean orbital weapons impacting echoed in the distance.

"Inquisitor, that is Orbital Ordinance in the rough direction of the Allanean expedition. Perhaps they have been undone?" stated Arbitrator Joyce

"Perhaps, we cannot worry about them at the moment however. We will be little better if we cannot signal to for aid to clear us of the mob and allow us a break away." Tsagos replied, "That's it, Karin the command centers anti air illumination lights are still functional, try to Doppler a message to whoever is in orbit. At this point it can't hurt, request fire on the mob."

The room grew quiet and Abek spoke up "Is this wise Lord, they could very well destroy the bunker."

"I would rather it end quick than wait for these traitors to burn down the door. Also, why would the regiment call for fire on their position if they were just able to knock out our lander. That much at least should occurred to whoever is in orbit." Tsagos Finished.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Mon Sep 28, 2020 9:14 pm

“This won’t do.” – said Strelkina – “If we open up on them with ship-to-ship weapons we run the risk of frying Tsagos also. How long for us to re-task some of the fighter?”

The naval liaison spoke back. “Minutes of flight, but I’m not sure if they have minutes.”

“Not good. Commodore, at what range can your anti-fighter weapons engage?”

“You mean – oh.”

The calculus was a lethal one. The light beam weapons were capable of tracking and shooting down a smallcraft or a missile moving at great speeds and range. Now they would be turned on a slower, much more vulnerable target.

On the Allanean warship’s belly, several turrets rotated, coming to bear on the crowd of rebels. They fired at a terrifying rate – when the laser beams and plasma bolts traveled through the atmosphere, it sounded like paper tearing. The sound as they impacted among the crowd of traitors was even worse.

From the bomb chutes on the ship’s bottom, several more bombs detached and rode down towards the crowd. Up in the air they burst, showering the crowd in hundreds of submunitions. Each of the bomblet was about the size of a large hand-grenade, round and uneven in shape. As the bomblets detonated, they produced a veritable blizzard of razor-sharp fragments, whistling as they cut the air.

Inquisitor, this is Herodotus central aerospace control. We are rerouting smallcraft to you. Confirm position, over.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sub Sector Protractis
Diplomat

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Sub Sector Protractis » Thu Oct 01, 2020 3:26 pm

Caldaris Prime, Regimental Command

The impact of the munitions rocked the fortified location and the point defense weapons of the Allanean vessel shredded the mob outside. When the fire stopped the team paused. Their communications were still jammed but they hoped that the Allanean's would realize it was them that was fleeing the bunker in an attempt to clear the colony.

The Team ran outside making for the colony's primary entrance when all of a sudden las shots cracked toward them. It seemed the regimental QRF had arrived and they were now far too close for fire support. "Enemy Platoon moving down the road way, they are laying effective suppression." yelled Joyce barking off a few shots from his Bolt pistol.

Album turned his lasgun to a lower power setting and let lose 150 shots from is lasgun on a cyclic burst. He was answered in kind by several bursts of automatic las fire from an advancing squad.

Tsagos fired two bolts from his Bolt pistol and yelled "We need to keep moving break contact and regroup!" his team pushed off the street and into an alley with the two
Crusaders bringing up the rear with their shields as Mara threw another blind grenade in an attempt to stun their pursuers.

The team was led out by Ausjorn and Goffrey and rounded a corner another squad of Guardsmen ran headlong into them with bayonets fixed.

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Thu Oct 01, 2020 9:04 pm

There was absolutely no time to lose.

Riding lower, lower through the atmosphere, several aerospace fighters diverted towards the traitor base. In space, fat, orbit-only fighter craft turned too, speeding along just over the planet's Karman line. This was their time to shine. Several home-on-jam missiles were launched from their fat bellies, coming down towards the most powerful sources of jamming transmissions around the Guard camp. Far overhead, the Herodotes broadcast a signal, its output dialed up to a higher power setting, designed to burn through the jamming, like a mighty beacon in a storm. It was a quote from an Imperial scripture, intended to encourage Tsagos and his men, and to bring fear to the hearts of the traitors who sought to assail them.[/i]

Heretics crave the cleansing fire of absolution. They need not fear, for we shall deliver it to them.
#HyperEarthBestEarth

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents