NATION

PASSWORD

The Ascension of the Imperium IC (All Tech, TG for interest)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Dominion of Mankind
Secretary

Founded: Feb 20, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby The Dominion of Mankind » Thu Jun 25, 2020 3:32 pm

Deep Space

The command unit was abuzz with debate.
Keith, who had just finished placing several cloaked sensor buoys to form a perimeter around the galaxy, was now debating the Dominion's next steps, now that their initial plan of "Minimal interference, maximum stealth" had been thrown out of a speeding train.
"So let's get this straight, now our little display has likely gotten at LEAST the interest of every spacefaring polity this side of the supercluster, our plan to play things super safe has been thrown out of the window."
"Hell, probably thrown out of the window since that creepy indestructible statue started stalking us. So I suggest we make a more active effort to bring back something useful for High Command at the very least. From what I recall, the AI mentioned not being able to fully scan everything in its report, let's rectify that."
CORRECT, NEEDS CLOSER

"What are you trying to suggest, Captain?"
"Let's pick an interesting hotspot and send a scout ship over, I was thinking a single fighter should do it, as long as it can get close enough the sensors should provide enough detail to allow the AI to breach any network."
"Not the craziest plan, but what if they decide to attack our fighter? Fighters aren't large enough to have an EMCF and therefore aren't cloaked. In addition we aren't connected to the Dominion network and therefore are stuck with immutable copies of our standard designs.
"That's fine, it will be a good test of character to see who attacks and who does not. We can have the fighter retaliate to test their capabilities in a controlled environment as well, and it's a great opportunity to get us data."
"As long as you're sure about this..."
Keith waved him off. "The AI can pick where we scan."
The CE had a rare, gleeful expression. "Fret not, this will be interesting."

Immediately as the conversation closed, the AI began fabricating a fighter. A small and simple thing, it was birthed into existence near instantaneously in a brief flash of light.
The AI pondered which target to pick, until eventually settling on the large multi-fronted battle raging at Ridley's Rest.
Yes, that would do nicely, so many diverse technologies and ideas to assimilate!

Ridley's Rest

The rather innocuous looking fighter folded in a few billion km from the station, its tiny folding drive now out of commission for a long time, making escape impossible. But this was more than an acceptable risk for the AI.
Immediately it began voraciously partaking in the consumption of data, its small but comprehensive scanner arrays drinking in the full details of the battle. But this was far from enough for the AI, the fighter would need to get within mere thousands of km of its target(s) to deep scan them.
This would put it well within the weapons and sensor range of any polity that was currently partaking in the fight, this was also an acceptable risk.

The AI decided on the Octavian's first, more specifically their pride and joy: the battered Sword of the Imperium. It willed the fighter closer as it quickly closed the distance, deftly evading any obstacles in its path as it parked extremely close in relative terms, to the Dreadnought.
The fighter began scanning every subatomic nook and cranny of the ship, quickly formulating software and hardware based backdoors in the system. The AI then began consuming all of the data the ship had to offer, without a care in the world for authentication, authorization or being caught.
The AI cared little if its very careless intrusion was noticed, it welcomed any potential hostilities as they would serve as an additional opportunity to gather data.

After exhausting all the Sword had to offer, the AI moved on to its next target, Ridley's Rest itself. Whilst the Zravvisk were incredibly primitive, their varied and ramshackle tech base almost certainly held at least one minor footnote of a development the Dominion might have missed and this was enough for the AI to care.
The AI quickly repeated the same process from before, finding the Zravvisk even easier to hack even as its massive speed advantage started to fade with time and it felt itself start to be watched by almost everyone present. The AI briefly pondered what "embarrassment" felt like before dismissing the irrelevant stream of thought.
The AI decided it would likely get away with one more target before being "engaged" in some manner and settled on the strange machine race, known as the Decepticons.

Their large vessels would prove to have the most robust information security of the lot and their systems were by far the most unconventional. Though it was still child's play for the AI, its intrusion was most certainly noticed by the automatons.
The Decepticons were fascinating to the AI, their data banks bordered on schizophrenia, with many seemingly random and unrelated technologies thrown together. Most of the underlying theorems barely made sense and it appeared that literal magic was involved in at least some of their "technology".
The AI greedily sucked up these juicy morsels that seemed to come almost straight out of a fictional story before finishing, thoroughly satisfied with the data it had received.

Of course, the AI now realised that the likelihood of an Everyone disliked that scenario was quite high and it warmed up the fighter's weapons systems in preparation for a response.

Unknown?
Ignis States wrote:"Old man? I may be 73, but time flies when you're immortal. And yeah, I can tell you aren't as proper and dignified and a bunch of other words that mean jack shit. If that means you think I'm not boring...questionable taste, but I can appreciate it."
Mark's eyebrow raises as Vishala delivers the shock to his system, so to speak. What kind of vibrational sorcery was just employed...? Well, that doesn't need to be answered. The Ausar knows exactly what was just employed.

"If you can do that, I see why you go unarmed. I already have a few good guesses as to what you do with those who fuck with you, but I'd definitely like a demonstration."
Strein shakes her head, clearly embarrassed by Mark's antics. She glances over at Ambrosia, trying for a polite smile once more.
"Good to hear! I just need to say it again: Thank you, Ambrosia. If you and Seren weren't there for me, I don't know where I'd be."

Around her, black fog appears, swirling into the silhouette of a familiar Ignisian: Zen. Eyes of pure green gaze into her own with clear hostile intent, though he doesn't make a move.
Mark levels his sword at Zen's chest...but he doesn't attack. The fox stares down his target, a portal forming behind her.
"Archangel of Order. Your destiny awaits. You want to destroy me...so I will give you that chance."

The wolf looks to be at a loss for words, her heart pounding. How is she going to do this? Is it even possible...? Whatever the case, this is a fight she has to get over with. For Seren, for Ambrosia, for Ignis...
"I don't know when I'll be back. Take care until then...alright?" Without wasting a moment, she steps into the portal, fading into the shadowy depths. A second later, Zen vanishes along with the gateway.

Mark doesn't seem perturbed, but he certainly seems pissed. Grumbling, he lowers his sword, looking back at the others. His stare has hardened significantly, battle instincts ramped up fully.
"...If that prick wants to get his shit kicked in by Strein, so be it. I'll stay with you, if you're wondering. It's easier to coordinate that way."

Pontiff Brobarious was angry. To be outsmarted by such simpletons was completely ludicrous. An insult of the highest order.
Oh how he would get his revenge. But not now, there were more pressing matters to attend to.
Brobarious found himself flung randomly through space and time, his saving throw- an uncalculated teleport, activated purely on instinct moments before his ship was consumed by the very void he sought power from.
Brobarious chalked it up to his casual probability correction, a handy side effect of psychic dominance. But the time for pondering was over, for the Pontiff found himself manifest once again, feet planting down on some sort of hull.
"What is this? Some sort of star ship?! Just my luck to appear somewhere that isn't empty. I could've had a new ship transmuted in weeks if I had some breathing room. Oh well, whatever is on here better be human." Brobarious thought to himself.

The Pontiff, somewhat miffed, quickly scanned his surroundings. And then he saw something.
His vision went red, his body physically shook with fury and he was wreathed in a raging blue aura, his raw psychic energy coalescing into physical form in response to his fury.
Space itself began to violently oscillate around him.

He saw... Things, inhuman things, degenerate things. Whatever thoughts Brobarious was having were swept away in an impossible, irrational, insatiable bloodlust. A bloodlust so potent it took physical form, likely inducing immense fear and unease in anything within a kilometre at least.

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Founded: Aug 31, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Thu Jun 25, 2020 5:09 pm

|⬡|MAGNUS Computing Grid, Deep Foldspace|⬡|
|Intermediary relay layer|

On and on, the nigh-imperceptible mote of data snaked its way though the twisted, eldritch depths of MAGNUS. There wasn't any real reason for it to be passed from Corde to Corde, past layer after layer of logic-checks and value gates. It wasn't any more valuable than any other data-point from its batch - gathered by a lone Eidolon, filed away in the outermost, least-crucial reaches of its supervisor node... and yet. Drawn out, selected for further transmission. The impulse driving such an action wasn't a logical one - at least, not in the cold, straightforward sense of a machine intelligence.

Curiosity.

Strange to see something so crude expressed by a structure such as this - and perhaps it wasn't the structure itself, but whatever overarching entity drove it to action. Some core vestige of being, reaching through the veils of machine-logic to draw it closer, inexorably, to itself...

|⚠|ERROR: SUB-POINTER INOPERABLE|⚠|

|Incalculable depths|

Hatlen took another sip of tea, before cocking his head. Around him, the fractalspace un-walls undulated - as if something had been dropped through dense liquid. In a way, something had, although to assign any conventional state of matter to something that wasn't actually matter would be silly. But with the passage of the data-mote came a moment of consideration.

The attacker had been tracked.

Exactly what had been attacked, or why the attacker had relocated, was surface-knowledge - the Director merely had to pluck it from its resting place amidst the jumble of Corde dataspace. Their identity and motivations, however, drew up blanks.

The Director hated unknown variables.

At the same time, he adored them. Gaps in knowledge drove inquisitiveness, inquisitiveness drove progress. Progress drove the Work.

And this certainly looked like a fun opportunity to be inquisitive.

Setting down the delicate, entirely fictitious porcelain cup and its sloshing contents, he stepped through the nearest wall. Dancing along the same pathways as countless other units of information, he moved not through space but through ease of access - after all, everything was equally close in a place where position was irrelevant. Now it was just a matter of finding an easy approach vector.

|✧|Deep Space|✧|
|Stormrider|

Fittingly enough, the Director simply stepped out of the nearest available interior wall. And found himself immediately to the rear of the Pontiff, face to face with the ship's more legitimate passengers. Reaching back through the seemingly-solid bulkhead, he extracted the teacup he had left behind, and took another sip. He allowed himself another look around - only now did he take note of the rather obvious exertion of malevolence stemming from the man he had ostensibly tracked here. With a subtle clearing of the throat, he nudged the Pontiff's shoulder, and addressed him in a rather bemused tone.

"I say, you seem to be a tad worked up. Have you considered a cup of tea, perhaps? Helps soothe the humors and whatnot."

Hub Page
The Azure Syndicate | The Grand Adatan Union | Sol's Children | TBA

A creative writing experiment. 90% of the factbooks are out of date, don't read them.
If you try to apply NS stats to this, then you probably can't read.

Featuring soul weaponization, rampant existential dread and a really weird power dynamic between a band of technologically-ascendant scientists, a highly compressed bureaucratic space polity and a nomadic sun-cult wielding precursor technology, all soon to struggle in the face of the universe being a bit of a dick.

The Federated Soviets of North America wrote:Their leader redesigned the spleen

Gladian Imperium
Secretary

Founded: Apr 10, 2020
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gladian Imperium » Thu Jun 25, 2020 7:29 pm

Strategic Mind No Happy Accidents, Subspace Mainframe Network

No Happy Accidents was filtering information. A lot had happened since they had rotated out and let their subroutines handle the flow of the conflict. A trail of destruction multiple light-years wide carved across the galaxy, unexpected visitors on the vessel the Spectator had hitchhiked onto. But, one stood out among the others-a hail from an entity identifying itself as the Guild. Cross referencing across Alliance databases linked to an entity of similar name and nature in the Cymopolia galaxy-a vaguely known power suspected of being involved in numerous bizarre happenings in that Galaxy. Now, they had an opportunity to commune with the Guild without prying eyes of other powers. There was opportunity, and it was seized.

LANIAKEAN ALLIANCE|NO HAPPY ACCIDENTS|GUILD OF EISENSTERN
The Laniakean Alliance would like to commune with a representative of the Guild of Eisenstern, in order to perform two tasks for the Alliance and other nations fighting against the Octavian Imperium. The Tasks are as follows;

The first Task is to investigate the bizarre events that took place across the galaxy recently-namely, the sudden formation of lightyear-wide paths of destruction winding through the Galaxy. The second task is more directly related to the Octavian Conflict-simply sabotage the Octavian coreworlds and foundry ships, to truly start harming the Octavian Industrial Base.

The Alliance is willing and open to discuss a variety of payment methods, should you accept this offer. Rendezvous Coordinates are enclosed, arrival in a spacefaring vessel is preferred for ease of traffic control.

The attached coordinates would lead to the LA Defensive Sphere in Linnaeris-at the moment, a massive Phase Gate surrounded by several ring-shaped defense platforms, the heavy amount of spacefaring traffic in the area indicated the reasoning behind the request for arrival within a space craft-something else appearing unexpectedly would potentially disrupt the carefully-designed system.

Stormrider, Deep Space

The Spectator instantly swiveled to face the Pontiff, the cloak around it flaring just so slightly-yet not enough to properly reveal what laid beneath just yet. The aura of fear left it somewhat perturbed-yet in the flight or fight reaction, it chose fight. However, just as it was about to act...another entity appeared. Offering...tea? Slightly folding back in on itself, the Spectator craned its head, seemingly jolted out of provocation by the unexpected arrival and behavior of the second entity.
An Ancient Galaxy, wracked by cataclysmic war.
A venerable empire, fallen from grace.
New Allies, some older, some younger.
Once more, the Universe opens its gates to the Gladian Imperium

Puppet of Arkeyana, set in the same universe and canon. Flag made by Yegla Islands

The Dominion of Mankind
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dominion of Mankind » Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:04 am

Deep Space
Stormrider
The Auraverse wrote:|✧|Deep Space|✧|
|Stormrider|

Fittingly enough, the Director simply stepped out of the nearest available interior wall. And found himself immediately to the rear of the Pontiff, face to face with the ship's more legitimate passengers. Reaching back through the seemingly-solid bulkhead, he extracted the teacup he had left behind, and took another sip. He allowed himself another look around - only now did he take note of the rather obvious exertion of malevolence stemming from the man he had ostensibly tracked here. With a subtle clearing of the throat, he nudged the Pontiff's shoulder, and addressed him in a rather bemused tone.

"I say, you seem to be a tad worked up. Have you considered a cup of tea, perhaps? Helps soothe the humors and whatnot."

Just as Brobarious was about to ready his weapons, he felt an unexpected tap on his shoulder, and something about tea?
Despite the currently boundless rage overwhelming his mind, he wasn't stupid, the entity that just touched him was almost unreadable via psychic means and had manifested from nowhere- much like himself.
In addition, his highly acute instincts were screaming at him not to slight the man and so Brobarious sobered up (just a little bit), his aura shrinking in size.

Brobarious forced himself to look away from the rest and kept his focus on the sharply dressed intruder.
"You know what? I shall accept your offer, mysterious man. It has been quite some time since I've met such an interesting person."
Last edited by The Dominion of Mankind on Fri Jun 26, 2020 1:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Fri Jun 26, 2020 6:24 am

Tianshi's throne room, Pearl Palace, Empire of Amenria

Tianshi walks down the stairs in front of his throne at the third tear, heading towards the second. The emptiness of the room makes it look even bigger than it already is, with streams of water running on either sides of the room like miniature rivers. The Heavenly Emperor pulls out a chair near a table on one side of the room. He produced a pair of glasses from a drawer and pressed a small button on its side, seemingly turning a mechanism on. In an instant, projections of five other people can be seen occupying the previously empty seats.

"Good afternoon, Patriarchs and Matriarchs. Thank you for attending this meeting." He glanced around the table and noticed four seats that remain empty. "Where are the others?" The Heavenly Emperor asked as he looked at the other attendants. The first one was a woman in her late 20s. Her skin tone was pale and smooth, even for an ethnic Korean, and her face was triangular, with sharp, alert eyes behind a pair of glasses. Her long, black, hair was kept in a ponytail, with side fringes framing her face. She wore a white lab coat over a light blue shirt and a black skirt with matching heels. She sat crossed-legged with a stylus in her right hand and a tablet on her left as she glanced at the others, hoping they knew the answer to the monarch's question. The first to meet her gaze was a Burmese man, wrapped in a green robe. He had dark skin and even a darker beard, which he stroked while sitting laid back and looking at the next person, a Russian man with a diagonal scar across his lips, with skin even paler than the Korean, and the same black-coloured hair. He was wearing a red shirt under a black trenchcoat and held a cigarette on his right hand.

None of the attendants knew where the others were, apparently, so Tianshi just continued after sighing. "Alright then, I wanted to tell you I've reached a decision. The Octavians don't seem to be stopping anytime soon, so we must make a move. The fabric of the multiverse has taken too much damage to send an army proper so I'll mobilise what superheroes I can." The Korean raised her hand. "Yes, Matriarch Hwang?" Tianshi turned to her. "Wouldn't sending waves of superheroes enough to deal with the threat harm the fabric of the multiverse the same?" Tianshi smirked. "I'm way ahead of you. I got an idea when talking to one of my girls earlier this week and we might make something work."

Another attendant responded to him, this time, a middle-aged Indian woman in green. ""Might" is not good enough, Exalted One. You're endangering your children.." she looks around the room at the other Major Family leaders before continuing. "..our children to those..those.. monstrosities! What makes you think we should even consider this?" "What makes you think we shouldn't, Matriarch Poornachandra? The Octavians are a multiversal threat. It has invaded multiple universes already. They ain't stopping and if we don't move now, we'll be next...Which is why I want you.." this time, Tianshi looked at the others. "..all of you to help me out. There's always the chance of the robots breaching in here and committing yet another genocide. I want you to stay here and protect your homes. I'm not just talking about your territories, I want all of you to protect that of each other's. Forget about whatever rivalries you still have, this stuff is dead serious. If we can't back each other up, we're done for." He turns to the Indian lady and the Burmese man. "Poornachandra you and him will have your rangers patrol the wilds, report back if you come across anything weird. Kirigakure." He turned to an attendant with neat, slicked back blonde hair and a blue coat over a black shirt. "Check the deep web and dark web. Novoluniye, you're in charge with scouring the underground, you too, Hwang. As for the others, Helen will deliver my instructions. Any questions?"
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Fri Jun 26, 2020 4:04 pm

|✧|Deep Space|✧|
|Stormrider|

The Director beamed.

"Marvelous! I've actually got quite the selection on hand."

He turned to the rest of the chamber's occupants.

"Anyone else? At least-"

Eyeing the cloaked figure, he shrugged.

"-those capable of imbibing liquids. Typically an intake orifice is required, but I've seen some do without. Ah, at this point I'll just bring out the entire pot."

And, reaching into the folds of his coat, he did. He momentarily set it down on thin air - with a subtle muttering of something along the lines of "this won't do", he followed it up with a full-sized, oblong dining table. Plucked from within the coat like some cheap conjurer's trick, and plonked down in the middle of the room with one hand as if it weighed nothing - the rather meaty clunk it made against the floor told otherwise. There wasn't much amazement left for his drawing out of six chairs in the same manner - he placed them evenly around the table. Finally, a teacup for each save his own, complete with its own little saucer. He clapped his hands together lightly.

"Right, that should do it. Now, has anyone got any preferences with regards to what it is they'd like? I've got... oh, practically everything. Liquids that will actually stay inside a teacup when poured would be ideal, of course."

Plucking the teapot from its invisible perch, he set it down on the table. The Director's motives were inscrutable at the best of times, so where exactly he was going with this was uncertain - at the very least, he seemed to have defused the atmosphere somewhat.

Hub Page

A creative writing experiment. 90% of the factbooks are out of date, don't read them.

Featuring soul weaponization, rampant existential dread and a really weird power dynamic between a band of technologically-ascendant scientists, a highly compressed bureaucratic space polity and a nomadic sun-cult wielding precursor technology, all soon to struggle in the face of the universe being a bit of a dick.

The Dominion of Mankind
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dominion of Mankind » Sat Jun 27, 2020 1:48 am

Deep Space
Stormrider
The Auraverse wrote:|✧|Deep Space|✧|
|Stormrider|

The Director beamed.

"Marvelous! I've actually got quite the selection on hand."

He turned to the rest of the chamber's occupants.

"Anyone else? At least-"

Eyeing the cloaked figure, he shrugged.

"-those capable of imbibing liquids. Typically an intake orifice is required, but I've seen some do without. Ah, at this point I'll just bring out the entire pot."

And, reaching into the folds of his coat, he did. He momentarily set it down on thin air - with a subtle muttering of something along the lines of "this won't do", he followed it up with a full-sized, oblong dining table. Plucked from within the coat like some cheap conjurer's trick, and plonked down in the middle of the room with one hand as if it weighed nothing - the rather meaty clunk it made against the floor told otherwise. There wasn't much amazement left for his drawing out of six chairs in the same manner - he placed them evenly around the table. Finally, a teacup for each save his own, complete with its own little saucer. He clapped his hands together lightly.

"Right, that should do it. Now, has anyone got any preferences with regards to what it is they'd like? I've got... oh, practically everything. Liquids that will actually stay inside a teacup when poured would be ideal, of course."

Plucking the teapot from its invisible perch, he set it down on the table. The Director's motives were inscrutable at the best of times, so where exactly he was going with this was uncertain - at the very least, he seemed to have defused the atmosphere somewhat.

Brobarious briefly scanned the room before taking a seat, the small chair looking rather silly in comparison to his stature.
"Did you mention anything? Hmmm in that case some cryotheum would be ideal, given my current mood."

Internally, Brobarious was somewhat paranoid in regards to the motives of the unreadable man. He at least had teleportation up his sleeve now that he had regained his long term planning faculties, although he didn't doubt that the man could follow him if he wished.
He wasn't certain if he could win against all of the individuals in the room regardless and decided that throwing his life away in a gank fight would not be conducive to getting his revenge on Keith.
"If/when I get back, I need to ask the Sect if these anger issues are normal..." Brobarious thought to himself.

Bloodshade
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bloodshade » Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:18 am

Stormrider, Deep Space

Vishala was vexed by the figure's shenanigans. First, it attempted to disorient her mind, giving her a mild headache which she shrug off the moment she detected his presence attempting to linger. Hearing him speak further only further soured her mood as she grated her teeth in response to whatever medium of communication he was using. It was of no concern to her right now as she noticed a hint of challenge present in his speech.

"You wouldn't even know the depths at which I've sacrificed my body and soul. One arm means nothing to me. Observe, juggalo" - Vishala

The lapine's right arm was raised in the air, shaking and vibrating at blurring speeds, giving observers the impression that it had disappeared. She would have enthusiastically come slicing down on her arm if only Ambrosia hadn't guessed her intentions early on, springing one of her arms forwards to block her arm's path, which prompted Vishala to abruptly halt her arm's descent and stare at the vampire with an exasperated look equipped on her face.

"Don't you dare cut your arm in MY ship, you idiotic rabbit! We're not here to fight or prove anything to him. Just let him play his games. He's of no real harm to us and it's not exactly wise to show your cards early on." - Ambrosia

The lapine sighed in disappointment. It would've been a fantastic opportunity for her to present her own capabilities early on but alas, Ambrosia's patience wore thin and she most certainly didn't want lapine blood splattered across her floor. After this ordeal was over, the vampire and her hopefully trusty lapine companion listened to what the mysterious cloaked figure had to say.

"A mere spectator? Something tells me you're sharing fragments of the truth here. For starters, you seem to know about the weapon Utopia crafted for me. Now how do you know about my dealings with Utopia? Oh, if it's too invasive, you don't have to tell me anything you're not comfortable with sharing. There's enough evidence to suggest that you're being rather evasive but alas, we all have our secrets. I'll take you to your destination. Rather odd that you're afraid of an Octavian's wrath. You seem like you can handle yourself so a bunch of assimilators shouldn't be a problem." - Ambrosia

Just as soon as Ambrosia thought she could relax around the figure for a second and finally plot her course to Earth, another thing seemed to drop out of nowhere. Ambrosia quickly turned towards the figure, suspecting some sort of foul play but his own reaction frightened her as well. This was not his doing at all and she could clearly see that the mysterious figure was preparing for battle. This thing in front of her, it was filled with rage and bile. Pure murderous intentions filled its entire body and that made every hair on the vampire's body stand in fear but such emotions caused her mind to acts on its own. She was not about to let this creature have its way. Ambrosia's nails morphed into long, metallic claws grinding them across one another as her entire body's physique grew larger in stature and strength. Her face was not as soft-featured as it was a while ago as it reddened intensely from her swift adaptation to the situation. If the creature wished to be enraged, Ambrosia would give him good reason to. A deep, raspy voice replaced her common, tender tone as her body slowly morphed into a higher form.

"Another member out to play? No matter, we'll be done with you soon enough." - Ambrosia

On the other hand, Vishala shrugged nonchalantly at the being and assumed a simple combat stance, her entire body vibrating intensely as she held her ground, priming herself for the moment this thing in front of them decided to lash out.

"Hey, Mark! You getting in on this action or what? Come on! Lets teach this thing basic mathematics." - Vishala

Just as soon as the duo hyped themselves up for the upcoming fight, another human? It just decided to materialize(?) from the wall facing the Pontiff's back and just nudged the blood-lusted being. Dear heavens above, who was this man? Ambrosia and Vishala were taken aback by the appearance of this new guest, to the extent where they dropped their guard just to observe him, reverting their bodies back to normal. This, however, wasn't normal. Whoever this man is was not normal in the slightest. At least with the Pointiff, they could feel and detect his presence but with whoever this being was, he might as well have been a figment of their imagination. What followed only resulted in further befuddling the duo's minds. Tea? At this time of day? In this part of the universe? Vishala stared in awe at this being and her curiosity got the better of her.

"Hey, are you a genie? How'd you do all...that and uh, why tea? Actually, ignore that last question. Mind getting me a cup of Masala chai from your jacket of wonders, mister?" - Vishala

"Of course he's not a genie, doofus! He's much...much more than that. Sir, considering you're on my ship, the least you could do is impart with some of your personal information? Your name? Where you come from? Allow me to start, the name's Ambrosia and I'm what one would call a vampire. I apologize for the display of aggression a couple of minutes ago and in fact, I'd like to thank you. Things would've gotten rather messy indeed if not for your intervention. Anyways, I represent the federation of Bloodshade and if you're wondering why I'm here, we're at war with the Octavians but I'm sure you already know about this little disturbance in the cosmos. Anyways, mind if we sit down now? If you'd be a dear, I'd like a cup of Honey Ginseng green tea if that's possible. Please and thank you." - Ambrosia

A small bow and scrape, intended as a gesture of respect and acknowledgement, was performed by the vampire in the general direction of the white-haired man in front of her. She at least hoped she'd at least come off as somewhat charming, in the hopes that he wouldn't place her mission in jeopardy.
Last edited by Bloodshade on Sat Jun 27, 2020 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
An interstellar civilization that survived the self-induced destruction of its now long-gone homeworld and is trying to live the good life, all the while avoiding getting its ass kicked around.
Bloodshade Broadcasting Company| Actually re-writing my lore, I should't be on the forums but I am | Updated my video game screenshots, features Planet Zoo and Warhammer 2 | I need sleep but sleep doesn't need me | Edelgard is the cutest warmonger |

Ignis States
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ignis States » Sat Jun 27, 2020 8:42 pm

Goddamnit. Not only is there some weird spectator, but Ripoff Zen and some other annoyance come onto the ship. Up until Hatlen arrives, an aura of flickering, pulsating black and violet forms around the Ausar. The full wrath of the Void prepares to be unleashed upon them...up until the weird guy with white hair shows up. Mark slowly looks over at him, both perplexed and annoyed.
Yeah. Trying to fight won't do shit. He slowly lowers the sword he had in his hand back to his side, ultimately dematerializing the weapon. He then watches with mild amusement as the weird...white haired guy sets up a table with chairs and a teapot.

He's unfortunately reminded of that dickhead Zen. But whatever.
"If you're wondering about my drink preference, I'd like tap water. Tea isn't really my kind of thing."
With that, Mark just waits to get his drink. He doesn't attempt to show any formalities or extreme respect. Why respect someone who hasn't shown himself worthy of it?
Last edited by Ignis States on Sun Jun 28, 2020 7:56 am, edited 1 time in total.
What happens when you cross anime powers and overpowered leaders with furries, all written by a bored Homestuck fan with too much time? Well, you get Rumei. A multiethnic, FT republic with both might and magic that let it conquer the entire Orion Arm.
A 7.6 (this is probably outdated but I can’t do the calculations rn) (Tier 9, Level 6, Type 9) according to this index.
Come to The Orion, we got C U L T U R E and F U R R I E S

Show Recommendation: Cobra Kai. It is very, very good.
IC Name: Roman Republic, or simply Rome (Rumei). Occasionally called the Ignisian Republic. Current year is 2697.

Gladian Imperium
Secretary

Postby Gladian Imperium » Sun Jun 28, 2020 10:30 am

Stormrider

The Spectator eyed the unusual items that the unknown had retrieved. A table and chairs, a set of cups, and a teapot. Taking a seat as comfortably far away from the Pontiff as possible, it made its request. "Some standardized Nanotech Colony Feedstock would be appreciated. That is, if you have the same definition of "Nanotech" as I do."

Ignis States

With the directions received from the Ignisian official, the humanitarian fleet proceeded to the regions they were needed, following the FTL signatures of ISO Vessels and broadcasting friendly IFF Signals as they dispersed across the vast volume of space to properly administer aid.

Puppet of Arkeyana, set in the same universe and canon. Flag made by Yegla Islands

Ctharr
Political Columnist

Founded: Jun 11, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Ctharr » Mon Jun 29, 2020 1:33 am

Star System 1734-Qϕ
Beyond Hive Space

The Hive Ship floated in the void alone, the binary stars of the system so far away that they resembled nothing more than a particularly bright pair of their more distant kin. It had been sent out here to observe and explore, serving as a sort of ambassador to the outside world on the behalf of the vast intelligence that had created it over a millennia ago. It had wandered the galaxy for centuries, encountering thousands of different biospheres to sample and catalogue. It was through Hive Ships such as this one that the Ctharr expanded their collective knowledge, learning of all the various life forms that the universe had to offer, and how to make use of them to improve its own ability to adapt and thrive across an endless multitude of habitats.

As of this moment, the colossal lifeform had stopped to refuel by harvesting the raw materials present in this system’s comet belt. The ice and rock contained many volatiles and other elements useful for growth and repairs, and just plain old matter worked well enough as fuel to be annihilated in the antimatter reactor buried deep within the Hive Ship’s core. The feeders had almost finished with this particular comet, gorging themselves as they broke down the ice and rock via a combination of chemistry, heat and brute force. The little creatures were anaerobic, and came preloaded with enough fuel to let them go about their work for a few hours before they burned themselves out, their bodies swollen with raw materials ready for digestion within the depths of the creature that had spawned them.

Now, however, the ship noticed something different, something sufficiently unusual that it drew the attention of the intelligence that was usually satisfied with simply leaving its scout on autopilot. This star system was not entirely unknown to the Hive, having been surveyed merely half a century ago, but in the past it had been uninhabited, barring a few measly bacteria eking out a meager existence near whatever source of energy they could find. But something new had just arrived in the system, its presence signified by a point of intense thermal activity that had spontaneously appeared sunward. It was unmistakably artificial, a starship whose sudden appearance indicated the use of superluminal propulsion technology. Certainly, it was worth investigating, and the Hive Ship had just about finished gathering all that it could from this particular planetesimal. It activated its own hyperdrive system, diving into higher space to emerge just a few AUs from the mysterious traveler. It’s purpose in the system would soon be made clear.

TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON
Ambassador

Founded: Feb 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby TENNOHEIKA BANZAI NIHON » Mon Jun 29, 2020 3:32 pm

Empire of Yamato

The Empire had fallen quite behind in galactic politics, the galaxy was at war and it seemed Yamato would have to get involved sooner or later. The Empire continued to send whatever the Octavians requested for their war effort in secret, although for the time being, due to their own lack of technology, they had not yet entered the war.

It seemed inevitable to the generals and the ministers war would come, yet it seemed the Emperor and politicians in the Diet would be unfavorable to enter a war they were unable to fight. The attack on the Prime Minister had proven that. The Empire for now could only work on the technology gifted by the Octavians and hope for the best for some sort of miracle, as factories scrambled to produce the weapon designs from the Octvains.

Empire of Yamato
Gokyo Air Station

Prime Minister Fujikawa bowed towards the Ambassador of the Mandate and his bodyguard. “Ambassador Taskiran, it is an honor you join us on this glorious day. Please join me in my personal limo, and rest assured, the forces of our Empire take your security at the utmost importance.”

As the two walked to the armored vehicle, flanked by other diplomatic staff and dozens of guards, some in which had donned their special combat armor, a message was sent out quickly to the Emperor, to hold a feast in honor of their special guest.
A proud Conservative.
#MAGA
#BlueLivesMatter
#America First
#Reiwa Democracy

Neo-Unified Nations
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jun 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Neo-Unified Nations » Tue Jun 30, 2020 2:56 pm

First Contact!

Various Places, P.V.-6221.

Captain Alexander Mihaly scouted the gunmetal gray hulls of the ship, it was empty, there was nobody awake, not even the Chefs, Sailors, or the annoying guys who put fake poop on the floor just to scare people, there was just...nobody, "I feel like I'm in a horror movie." Mihaly says, somewhat scared, he kept his hand on the G11K3, expecting death itself to ambush him around a corner, two, or three, depending on where he's headed, which, as of now, legitimately means nowhere, for fuck's sake! "I feel like a complete fucking idiot, just like those damn Arabs when they listened to the Supernatural back in '67!" Mihaly screamed, he DID feel like a complete fucking idiot for just wandering in circles, who was he, a fucking helicopter rotorblade?

"Fuck this, I'm probably gonna head the other direction." Mihaly said, turning backwards, amazingly, he DID find the damn right direction, without stepping into a trap or fucking dying! HOORAY! "Hooray! I made it to the right direction without fucking dying!" he was somewhat lying, he didn't know where the right direction was, but it was better than looping around bumfuck nowhere and getting stuck in the dumbest places.

The GDI Stormtrooper pointed his G11 at random places in the ship, hoping he catches something, he found almost nothing, "This is boring." he decided, he switched the safety of his G11 off and started sprinting with the rifle in his hands, expecting no dangers, his legs got tired and he got slower and slower, eventually stopping, and wheezing.

"Well, that was fun." he said, panting and wheezing, until he heard a noise, what the fuck was that?

"Wha?" Mihaly said, he regained energy from his sheer confusion, which was odd, he started walking over to the source of the noise slowly, with the G11 in hand, he turned on the laser of his assault rifle, switching it from infrared mode to visible mode, he could feel a growing fear of the unknown in him now, as he had no idea what the fuck was waiting for him.

"Whatever it is, I hope I don't have to shoot it." he said before walking a little faster, with the rifle still in his hands, he eventually reached the source of the noise...a drill in the side of the ship, what the fuck?

He raised the G11, ready to shoot, "WHAT THE FUCK ARE YOU?!" he screamed as he switched the fire selector into full-auto.

Dear God, what the fuck was going on?! Why is there a drill?!

Bridge, P.V.-6221.

On the bridge, however, was a miscellaneous crewman of the Global Defense Initiative Space Force, a Comms Officer specifically, Communications Officer Alexis Alexander of the GDISF, Patrol Vessel 6221 specifically, he was jolted out of his 'knock-out sleep', or unconsciousness, by a noise, to elaborate, it was a warning.

Officer Alexis stood up, his body was feeling weak, and had to limp to the source of the noise, Alexis stopped limping as soon as he reached the source of the noise, it was one of the ship's computers showing a status report, wait, didn't the computers black out before he also blacked out? What?

He rubbed his eyes, then read the status report.

Warning, Hull Has Been Damaged, Repair Immediately.

Hold on a second, what the hell?

Alexis then noticed there was a message indicator on the computer as well, curious, he opened it up, the computer automatically...'translated' it.

Hello Distressed vessel. The Imperium of Octavia has decided to apply aid to your ship by dispatching a Chosen unit to evaluate the issue. Do not attack them. That is all.

WHAT THE FUCK?!

"What in the..." Alexis asked, "What the fuck?" They got a communication from...an Imperium? Hold on, what's going on?

"Wait." Alexis realized, his eyes widened, "OH FUCK!" he said, he just realized what happened.

They had experienced what is deemed a fate worse than death in Space Force Command.

Stranded in Extrauniversal Space.

Shit.

Alexis looked around, he noticed all of the bridge crew had been knocked out, he approached one of them, and slapped him in the face, no response, fuck.

He checked for a pulse, he was alive, good.

"Guess you'll wake up later." Alexis said, he noticed an M16A4 next to him, and picked it up, and he checked the magazine, loaded with 28 rounds.

"That'll keep me safe, Hominum Aeternum." he said, pushing the magazine back in and pulling the charging handle, satisfied when the bolt chambered the 5.56.

After all, ROE was 'Communicate First, if that fails, Kill.'

Neo-United Nations | Нео Организация Объединенных Наций | ネオ国連 | Nuevas Naciones Unidas
"Above all, Humanity!"
2039, Embroiled in a war against the Supernatural, the UN has to become an organization of evil, all just to survive a dying, fascist world.
Leaders
Overview
Existence
Road to Tyranny
NUNGDI
Earth, 2039
WIC: Western European Police execute several terrorist leaders after their surrender|Pan-American SWAT accidentally kill young boy with stray gunfire|Several members of the GDI's Oceanian Division executed for species treason after CO read internet history
NUN's back baby, with a version 2.0, I just need to update a lot of my factbooks and then this nation can be considered 'revamped'.
La Santa Chanclasilla, just in case.

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Wed Jul 01, 2020 8:14 am

|✧|Deep Space|✧|
|Stormrider|

Hatlen nodded - mostly, it would seem, to himself - and hefted the teapot. Stepping over to each cup in turn, he poured out the various liquids that had been requested. All from the same teapot, without any apparent exterior change - the spout seemed to spew whatever was required of it into the correct container. From teas, to nano-goop, to an odd blue fluid that caused frost to web out from its cup across the table. When he came to Mark, he regarded the stream of water that flowed into the cup with a vague expression of disapproval.

"Adequately chlorinated - for that extra bit of vintage tap feel."

Into his own cup, he decanted another measure of whatever it was that had been inside. It looked to be perfectly ordinary green tea - but then, it was hard to be sure, all things considered. Only then did he take a seat.

"I suppose we have the beverages sorted. If anyone would care for a snack, do let me know. Oh, and as for introductions;"

Turning to Ambrosia, he bowed his head minutely.

"Dr. Ismael Hatlen, at your service. I am most certainly not a genie, unless one's definitions thereof are very strangely skewed, and "where I come from" is a question this language doesn't have the provisions for me to adequately answer. If you're inquiring as to my stance on this... hah, "conflict", it is not something I wish to involve myself in at present. And the same thing goes for the de-facto polity I represent."

Thus, he returned to sipping - seemingly content with having defused... whatever it was that had been imminent. For now.

|⌂|Earth|⌂|
|Venice, Italy|

Renée took her eye from the scope. Reaper appeared to have just... vanished into thin air. Glancing around for any evidence of an imminent attack, she took the rifle from its parapet. Where the hell had he gone? A second or two later, she spun around - weapon at the ready, pointed at-

Elias. Who had just strolled out onto the roof. He waved at her.

"Hey. So - change of plans."

"Where'd he go?"

"No clue. I called up our good friend, and the explanation I got was more or less unintelligible. Something about someone "dropping out"."

"Out of what? Life?"

"Who knows?"

"What do we do now?"

"I- actually, hang on. Let me call him up again."

Once more, he drew the phone from his pocket. The voice on the other end was oddly cheerful.

"Yes?"

"Hiya. Could you clarify what it is you want us to do now that the edgelord's vanished? Maybe something that doesn't just pop out of existence. Would be nice."

"Ah, yes, apologies. There's a fair bit to choose from, to be honest - outside factors have made this place a lot more colourful in a surprisingly short amount of time."

"Just give me a pointer."

"Well, let's see. I suppose I could just give you a rundown of the key points, globally speaking - you can go for whatever. It all leads towards the same conclusion."

"Go for it. I adore the illusion of choice."

"Well, let's see. There's roaming vampiric hordes with crude melee weaponry rampaging around the middle bit they call Eurasia. Basically everything north of you, and quite a ways to the east and west. To the far east you've got a human-parallel space polity launching a counter-landing against the machine army, alongside a colonial territory belonging to a completely unrelated nation putting up a surprising amount of resistance. The west is rather boring for now, though there's a few notably... ah, interesting characters to be found there. Oh, and just south of you there's a bunch of magic gangsters holed up in a bunker. Working with the machines."

"Species traitors, eh? Well, they are closest."

"You're settling for the most straightforward option, I see."

"To begin with, yes. We can always stick around for longer once we've cleaned up the local criminal underworld. This place sounds fun. I'd appreciate some speck of information on the gangsters, though. The bunker location would be helpful too."

"I can give you dossiers. They're a colourful bunch."

"Much appreciated. I'll be in touch, then."

"Arrivederci."

"Hmm?"

"Oh, it's a local thing. "Goodbye", essentially."

"Ah, got it. Likewise to you."

The silence as he put away his phone was broken by Renée's rather impatient clearing of the throat.

"So. Do we have a heading?"

"Yep. Southwards - should receive an update on the exact where's and who's in a moment. The rough idea is that we're going to go stab a bunch of mobsters."

"Why?"

"They're mobsters. Do we need a reason?"

"He didn't give one, did he?"

"Not as such, no. But they're mobsters. Hardened criminals."

He tilted his head, as if listening to a voice only he could hear.

"Oh, and one of them's a serial rapist. Who is planning to... oh. Hmm. Well that's a bit distasteful, isn't it?"

"What is?"

"Do you still have your datalink on you?"

"Yes, I reapplied it in the hotel. Why?"

"Hold on. Forwarding."

She closed her eyes for a brief moment, before letting them flutter open. Her expression was one of generalized disgust.

"We're beating the shit out of him."

"Oh, you betcha. Come on - let's find a ride."

"Do you know how to control the vehicles here?"

"No. But I have ways around that."

Heading back down the staircase and out onto the street, they walked a little ways down the pavement, before Elias motioned to halt. He strode out, past the parked cars, and practically onto the main road - right up to a passing cabrio. As the vehicle sped past him, he reached out - someone actually capable of processing the blinding speeds at which he moved might have noted the brushing of his fingers against the steering wheel, and the driver's arm clutching it. The touch was accompanied by motes of purple light - will-o-wisps, swirling through the air. And out of the car, and down around its wheels. Motes became chains of lilac light, chains held firm. The cabrio jerked to a stop. The driver could barely process the shock of his involuntary braking before he had his seatbelt torn off with seemingly minimal effort, and was gently lifted out of his seat with one arm. Elias set the still-contused man down onto the pavement, swinging his leg over the car door to take his place. He motioned to Renée - as she hurried over to occupy the neighbouring seat, the car's original driver shakily got to his feet.

"W-what's the meaning of this?"

Elias gave him a warm smile.

"Oh, we're just borrowing this. I'm also borrowing the ability to drive it. You can get the... care? Car. The car, you can go ahead and pick it up again in Florence. Wherever that is. I think I'll keep the knowledge."

And with that, he shifted the vehicle into gear, and sped off. Renée sighed irritably.

"So you just copied the impulse of piloting this thing? How does that even work?"

"Driving, my dear. Not piloting. Learn the lingo. And yes - it's an action. An impulse, like any other. Also, it's a surprisingly simple system. The wheel turns it, the pedals either make it go faster or make it stop. The stick regulates speed and traction. I've dealt with worse."

"Well, you haven't crashed us into anything yet."

"When have I ever crashed us into anything?"

"Well, there was that one time with the hoverbike. And the shuttle. And the train. And the weird tank thing. And the-"

"You can stop now. Rest assured, I won't be crashing this... unintentionally."

"Ah, you're already making up excuses."

"Hah."

Within a few minutes, they had left Venice - along the Italian highways, Florence awaited.
Last edited by The Auraverse on Wed Jul 08, 2020 5:44 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hub Page

Imperial-Octavia
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Apr 29, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Imperial-Octavia » Sun Jul 05, 2020 2:41 pm

a co-write between [Banned Nation] and I
Above Earth Orbit

It was obvious that The Mandate's navy was easily out maneuvering Octavian weaponry as well as the ships themselves all the while more of their land forces dropped onto the planet. Not only that, but the fleet was getting assaulted with all manner of The only assets that may be able to catch up to them were their corvettes and drone fighters and so they were deployed from the fleet. Just as their commanders had been shocked by the number of missiles launched towards them so would they at the number of drone fighters moving towards the fleet as thousands while 40 corvettes followed behind them. Once they reached their firing range The Mandate fleet would have to contend with thousands of anti-ship missiles approaching them at similar speeds to their own ships along with the Gauss cannon fire from the corvettes Another 10 corvettes would begin moving towards the dropships accompanied by 30 Frigates and two cruisers to top off the task force. The rest of the fleet would split in two directions, one up and one down. The goal being to surround the Mandate fleet from all directions but from behind and cause them to pull away from the Earth leaving their dropships to take longer and riskier journeys or optimally not take them at all.

Morioh

Missiles would send bits of drones flying across the outskirts of Morioh, any surviving drones would quickly take note of whatever damage they took from the explosions and continued to march (or crawl in the cases of some particularly unlucky drones) while complying with the orders of the Tactical Codex and halting the use of their mortars for the time being. The landed infantry would find a very unique approach being taken by the drones as Imperator class drones lead in the front while the smaller MK3 drones followed behind trying to root the humans out of their positions while pushing forward as the Imperators drape the battlefield in oppressive autocannon fire. There were incidents of friendly fire but for every drone that fell there would be another ten to replace it. MK3s occupied empty buildings and used their scanners to shoot through the wall at unsuspecting Mandate troopers. Meanwhile the few hundred drone fighters located on Earth would begin racing towards Morioh except a certain few circling around Fort Liberty halfway across the world. At the speeds they were traveling they would arrive in a manner of minutes as they moved as fast as any ship could afford to fly in orbit. Once they were there the immediate harassment of drop ships would commence as their missiles and particle cannons opened fire on the drop pods.

The Mechanator in the Higashikata manor was a bit surprised by the brashness of the organic (he had never heard the word clanker but it really felt like a slur) turned on his X-ray vision and began shooting with his laser rifle through the wall with startling accuracy. All the while he alerted all the other mechanators in the region as to the situation and they began rushing to the area of the manor running at the speed of a high end sports car. The mechanator turned to the stand user next to him, "Perhaps your aid could start here?" Meanwhile the aid of some stand users had already been called from their allies across the sea...

Jobin considered the offer, before sighing as he looked to the occupying forces outside and looked at him.
“The words you will hear, you may not like, but they will be my final conclusion as to where I stand in this conflict.” Jobin began. “I wouldn’t think you’d be the first to capitalise on stand users being a useful resource in this war, and it seems this new army is claiming the same thing as you are; desires as long as you serve by them. I will wager you this, however…” He said, turning to the mechanator.
“Secure Morioh, win the battle and drive the enemy forces out, and I will be by your side to be as loyal as long as you secure our previous deal of decimating the Rock Humans and keeping the secret of the new Locacaca heavily classified for my usage and yours. Lose, however, and I will have no qualms offering my services to their leagues. Think of it as a ‘trial by combat’, when medieval courts used to settle affairs through duelling as they believed that there was no judgement more definite than that of God, and it was considered the honorable way. This is a ‘trial by combat’.” Jobin said with a confident smirk. “Do you accept?”

The mechanator groaned internally as he knew he had no choice than to accept as he continued his fire on the Mandate forces, "I do accept…" with this news the reinforcements he had called doubled their already blazing speed literally tearing up the roads on which they ran.

DIO's Empire

The command drone scuttled to DIO's Florida estate as fast as it's legs could take it. Time was of the essence in the Octavian Empire's efforts to prevent The Mandate from getting a foothold on the planet Earth. The Octavian drop ship was crudely placed on the lawn and any observers could tell that something was urgent. The command drone didn't even bother taking the time to open the door instead opting to bust through the doors. "Lord DIO, the Octavian Imperium is in urgent need of stand users. An enemy nation has landed in the city of Morioh. They will eliminate us if we do not act quickly. The Imperium has chosen the stand users of Midler, Absalom, Mical, J'Geil, and Tarkus." The Imperium already had one stand user in the town found in the local prison, but as the expression went, the more the merrier.

DIO was certainly unimpressed at the sudden arrival, looking over to him and sighing. He clearly barged in at the wrong time, DIO still only being clad in his signature pants and green belt.
“That was quite an abrupt interruption. Try showing some more respect when in the presence of Lord DIO.” He noted. “But anywhom… Morioh, you say?”

"The urgency of the situation required this drone's rapid deployment. Yes, the situation is happening in Morioh." The Tactical Codex (who was controlling the drone) was unable to show it's dissatisfaction at DIO's nonchalant way of dealing with this problem which was quickly growing in concern, but the alliance had to be upheld and so waited for his response.

“Hmmm..” He smirked, getting up and moving towards a camera on a table nearby, summoning a stand resembling Joseph’s Hermit Purple and simply grabbing the camera instead of smashing it, sending out a photo which appeared to be of a little girl with hair buns and her grandmother.

“According to the database from the raid on the Speedwagon Foundation, Holly Joestar-Kujo and Jolyne Cujoh are residing somewhere in Morioh. They may have protection by some of the local stand users as well, it may seem. I will lend you my stand users and Sir Tarkus of Windknight’s Lot… but you must promise me that if you attain victory, you will secure Holly and Jolyne, and bring them back to me personally. My comrade Diego is already searching for Suzi Quatro-Joestar, so if I have three Joestars in my grasp, I will be satisfied. It will truly crush Jotaro’s spirit once he knows how powerless he is against me, DIO, that I had personally taken not only the life of his mother, but also his very offspring from him.” DIO chuckled in a menacing manner. “Would you like me to send them here now?”

The Tactical Codex was beginning to notice a pattern with their allies and their hatred of the Joestars. It was something that could potentially be used to Octavia's favor somewhere down the line. For now the stand users would be focused on, "Yes, transfer the stand users immediately. The Joestars will be taken to you." Outside the Manor the doors of the drop ship had already reopened, ready for the stand users that would be coming into it.

Michal and Absalom emerged first in their somewhat stylish but minimal wear perfect for Egypt, followed by what appeared to be a belly dancer and a lanky man with two right hands ogling her.
“So, eheh… been a while since we last fought for Lord DIO, huh? Wanna hang out at a nice, hidden corner somewhere?” The man with two right hands said as the women turned around as scoffed.

“Sorry, I don’t do freaks of nature.” She smirked, the man sighing before a gigantic, muscular, 8-foot-tall zombie knight with a massive sword that had to be at least several feet big emerged, sheathing the massive blade on his back and chuckling.

“I would usually do this with my good buddy Bruford by my side, but hey… I feel like I can take on these chumps myself.” Tarkus said, the hulking figure barely managing to fit in the door.

The drone went through the group scanning them, exactly who had been requested. A stream of information came through before DIO suddenly lit up, noting something as he looked to a bell, ringing it before an old woman with a staff emerged, a toothless smile upon her face as she cackled.
“I figured she would help you out on your endeavours.” DIO said.

"Excellent. We will be on our way. Thank you for your support DIO." The drone did a sort of bow while making its way to the drop ship. "All stand users please enter the craft, we have another few stand users that require retrieval." It crawled it's way into the ship as they followed, entering and sitting down as Enya and J’Geil smirked.

“Isn’t this nice? Mother and son bonding for Lord DIO! Kekekekeke” She said, conjuring up a miniature version of her stand briefly before J’Geil blushed, Tarkus and Midler stifling a laugh and a ‘mama’s boy’ under their breath. As they entered the ship's fusion generator immediately roared at full power as they flew off in the direction of Italy to pick up the other stand users. Those inside the ship could swing that they heard the sound barrier break…

Morioh

After grabbing Squalo, Tiziano, Keicho, and the stand user named Akira Otioshi they began their way to the Japanese town moving at blinding speeds. As they landed the command drone would look at the crew amassed and began issuing orders, "For all stand users with long range stands you are to begin to set up and begin disrupting the enemy in any way you can. Cause chaos and disorder within their ranks." The drone looked at Tarkus, "You are to keep the Mandate's infantry from detecting the long range stand users and kill as many of them as you can. Disruption of armor is also one of your goals. Do not fail the Imperium and by extension your Lord DIO." The Command Drone was 78% sure that would motivate them, hopefully these organics would be useful to the Imperium's strategic goals here.

“What do you say, mi amore? Ready to hand it to ‘em?” Squalo giggled, cuddling up to Tiziano as they both gave a loving smile to each other, visibly disgusting Tarkus and Enya.

“Right on.” Tiziano replied, Keicho in the meantime sighing.

“So, back at my hometown again… I just hope my brother Okuyasu is okay. He wasn’t really all that smart, so much so that I fear at what would happen sometimes if he was left on his own. He always looked up to me, and I mistreated him at times, taking anger out on him because of my father. He had the perfect stand to end his suffering, but I couldn’t make him do it.” Keicho grimaced, looking to the Command Drone nearby. “I’m sure wherever he is, he hopefully isn’t stupid enough to barge into this nonsense and get himself killed.”

"Okuyasu Nijimura is still alive, though on the wrong side of this conflict. He is not within the range of Morioh. Please deploy your stand." The drone obviously was solely focused on the combat going on there other side of the city. From the sounds of it, the group could tell it was pretty intense as explosions and various weapons were fired off.

Keicho obliged, deployed what seemed to be a group of miniature, toy-sized soldiers and tanks that looked like they were from the Vietnam War, along with several miniature Apache helicopters floating beside him. Enya produced a giant floating skull made of fog, Squalo held a glass of water featuring a tiny shark-like entity, a reflection nearby would feature J’Geil’s Hanged Man, a train would stop behind Absalom and a giant ship identical to an Octavian cruiser would float above Michal. Tarkus, however, would produce nothing since he wasn’t a stand user and relied on his own strength and willpower

“War truly has changed since my time, it looks like…” Tarkus noted. Despite being a zombie, he was remarkably intelligent. The users soon unleashed their stands on the enemy as Tarkus stepped forward with his sword in his hand. Squalo’s CLash would jump into a nearby pipe, Keicho’s Bad Company would disperse into several parts of the town and take cover to fire at Mandate troopers with all the force of a real bullet despite their miniature size, Absalom’s Satanic Coupler would immediately start creating its’ own tracks to guide itself on as the near-invincible train charged through the streets into groups of Mandate troopers, Michal’s Dark Mirage casting an illusion of an Octavian fleet above them and J’Geil and Midler going into a metal tower to take cover in along with a strange man who was known as Toyohiro whileHigh Priestess would transform itself into an automatic pulse rifle which seemed to jump into the air before firing on Mandate troops, then turning into an apple and shifting into a magazine for a Mandate rifle once it landed. J’Geil’s Hanged Man took advantage of its’ light form and mirror world, jumping from reflection to reflection on windows, puddles, mirrors and even reflections on visors and eyeballs to stab singular enemies with a wrist-blade, Akira Otoishi shredded on his guitar as Red Hot Chili Pepper came out sucking the energy from anything he could find around him while his stand slid into a power outlet where it would pop out sucking the energy from enemy equipment before striking at them and dissapearing in another outlet to do the same elsewhere. Tarkus all in the meanwhile ran in from the side at somewhat impressive speed for his size and stature, making his way into the Shopping District before taking out his 80” long sword and slicing a telephone pole and a tall but slim building in half in the hopes it would collapse on a nearby group of Mandate troops before leaping down and jamming his sword into the ground, causing a small tremor that would create cracks in the ground and raise the Earth below slightly before taking it out and charging into the group of soldiers. “URRRYYAAAAAH!”

Fort Liberty

The Drones inside the fort became more cautious as the defenses of the fort increased. The blue flame of the flamethrowers the drones flooded hallways with would leave anyone inside horribly burned and deformed by the extremely hot flames. Instead of the swarm tactics that were employed before, drones would utilize cover while thinning the numbers of the defenders inside. Mortar shells would be used as makeshift grenades, though thrown far enough to avoid friendly fire. A few Imperator class drones had managed to get their way inside the fort and opened fire with their autocannons and anti-armor weapons destroying the cover of the humans defending the hallways of the fort. Outside the Imperator class drones that were unable to get inside (and those who managed to survive the reactor detonation) the fort pushed themselves towards the wall of the fort where the Imperator class drones would be unable to shoot them. Many would be destroyed in this movement, but it would make sure that the salvaged gun couldn't take anymore of them down.

Moving on the inside of the wall, the massive drones turned to the reinforcements that encircled the fort opening fire with their massive weapons onto the warbands tearing holes in whatever the shells collided with, being transport or organic. The 30 or so Drone Fighters that were ordered to the area fired their missiles at both the salvaged Grinder gun and the reinforcements who were also being peppered with autocannon fire. Hopefully this would be enough to end the battle of Fort Liberty.

Skyhooked/The Earth in general

Initially The Chosen would be caught off guard by the delay tactics and buried cores which would cause a fair number of casualties among the Chosen, but solutions were quickly formulated. Thermal vision would be activated revealing the hidden cores and often those who were hiding with the detonators. The cores would be shot out of the ground before the Chosen were in the range of the explosion and then the one hiding with the detonator. Delay tactics and escape were met with the accuracy of the Chosen, shooting out the tires before firing at the gunner and the rest of the crew. The Chosen accompanied by the various drones of the Octavian army would continue their work at flushing out the guerillas of Skyhooked. Drones would flush out farmlands with flames, setting the farms and those trying to ambush them within it ablaze. Mortar shots from the back of the MK3s would fire into the suspected locations of rebels within the already burning farms attempting to attack them.

MK3 drones dealing with fake food drops would catch on fairly early as they scanned the food and found that it was nearly inedible for a human and ignored them. Many drones were lost in the initial ambushes however reminding the Tactical Codex that this foe was a crafty one. All other efforts in stopping this `Global Defense Council` continued along with assimilation. Mechantors would guard the equipment and try and stop any humans from hijacking the assimilation stations. Artillery would pound any suspected GDC positions no matter where they may be and though the mysterious fighters moving about was suspicious there just wasn't any time for it. The Earth would fall to Octavia, they were sure of it they just had to clear the rift Raff in the way...

Somewhere in Octavian territory

The Chosen turned to look at the lifeforms in front of them closely, an organic (how unfortunate), similar to the organics found on Earth, all in all nothing too extravagant. It was quite clearly distressed and with another scan the Chosen were able to tell that this one was... male. "We're here to fix your vessel organic. Put the weapon down." The Chosen's modulated voice echoed through the corridor towards the organic before the unit began moving torward the man, "Where is a computer system, we're going to diagnose the problem with your system so you can leave this sector."

Ctharr Space

The scout ship was, as it's name implied, scouting out this system for Octavian colonization. The developing war economy would need all the planets they could get and more factory planets were needed to supply Attack Drones and other battlefield necessities to the front. In fact a large colonization fleet was behind it protected by various smaller ships such as corvettes, frigates, and cruisers ready to colonize the system and exploit it to it's fullest. Suddenly a blip showed up on it's scanners showing, seemingly organic life. Perhaps a void creature? They were a rare occurance but not exactly implausible. The scout went to investigate moving towards the lifeform and activating it's scanners to scan it. The scout's scanning beams would begin washing over the creature as every bit of it was noted and stored in one of many databanks of the Imperium.

Ridley's Rest

The battle raged in the system obviously far beyond what had been expected by any of the Octavian leadership and it showed. If not for the Visoran ships it would have been likely that the fleet would have retreated (which unknowingly to the fleet would he impossible due to the Zravvisk Interdiction). The Visoran slabs having finally arrived to the main Octavian fleet activated their infamous ANSR devices to create a ridiculously tough metal to replace the downed portions of the shield having finally began collapsed after the bombardment. For a moment it seemed as if the fleet had covered itself in a large sheet stopping most of the fire coming it's way. Then the sheet opened, holes twisting themselves open with caster shots and missiles flying out of it as well as Visoran and Octavian fighters before sealing themselves shut once more. Before the Visoran ships could complete this a fair number of ships had been damaged and destroyed leaving the husks of ships left floating in scattered wrecks. Their remaining nanites would quickly be collected and given to other intact ships for quick repairs. There was a Visoran BAK-5 for the two main attacking fleets and each had a different approach to dealing with the enemy forces.

On the side with the ISO ships millions of caster shots would come flooding from the selectively permeable shell and at the second that they would normally hit the shields of the Liners they would pop out of existence and then back into it, mere nanoseconds away from the armor of the ships. Visoran and Octavian fighters would attack the ones from the ISO, the Visoran fighters far outnumbering the native Octavian ones. The Warminds would receive a wave of purely Visoran fighters would begin work on taking down the shields of the craft while the caster shots would go into full effect rushing through the openings in the armor layer before splitting into yet more rounds moving to hit every angle of the shielding.

The Octavian fleet would split it's attention across the three threats with most of the heavier firepower directed at the Warminds and ISO leaving only 10 to attack the actual station of Ridley's Rest. Destroyer shots and Battleship broadsides along with all other sorts of rounds would escape through the holes of the Visoran created shell and move towards their targets. Of particular note was the incursion caused by some unknown force into the electronic systems of many of the factions involved in the battle. The EW cruisers would work on trying to stop the worst of the intrusions but also found the station had been attacked and with the exit of the unknown group the EW cruisers went in exploiting the same weaknesses the previous group found to the best of it's ability. If they managed to get inside they would begin the process of causing more significant disruptions and taking note of all the technology that they could.

Inside the Sword EMP blasts would cause some trouble to the internal functions of the Sword further weakening it and causing further turmoil inside the Sword. These ISO marines were causing trouble and the Chosen were obviously not equipped to deal with it as the bodies of Chosen covered the floor while still more Chosen tried to shoot at them around the corners. The Tactical Codex formulated a bold solution, The Visoran slabs would begin producing yet more of their fighters, yet smaller than the usual variants. Being aware of the potential for a repair and the already dismal condition of the ship the next actions could very easily be justified, the group of fighters using the position of the ISO marines seen by the Chosen fighting them using their caster shots to rip open the hull of the sword above where the marines were last seen. Hundreds of slightly shortened Visoran fighters would rush in and attack the Marines and the tankette all the while Chosen continued to fire (not being sucked into the vacuum by activating the magnets in their feet for situations like this.)

Mighty Yamoto Empire

So this ambassador was being invited to a feast. It was strange that an advanced star nation would arrive with a diplomat after unexplainably advanced terrorists tried to kill Animus-6, who would be a rival diplomat. Animus-6 would keep the theory in the back of his mind before thinking of a way to ensure that the human from the Mandate (who Octavia was apparently at war with now, odd how that happened so quickly) didn't convince the Yamoto that they should abandon the Octavian side especially now that they have some of the tech that they had been promised. Scanning the internet of the culture they had prepared Animus found something that could prove to be very useful. Very useful indeed...

A few hours before the delegation would arrive Animus-6 would approach the emperor of the Empire. His metallic exterior hid his intentions completely untraceable to the common person, "Hello Emperor Yamato. I would request that you prepare a dueling ground for me and the upcoming diplomat. His very presence on this planet dishonors my nation as well as myself. Do not worry about providing weapons to me for I already have a weapon. Thank you." Animus shifted his voice to sound ever so slightly more human, more inflection and depth, but not enough that someone would be able to tell that something was being manipulated. Animus-6 had predicted it would make him more persuasive, it's effectiveness would be seen. The AI hoped that his gambit would be effective and that the enemy ambassador was not as good at swordfighting as he was. That was statistically unlikely though.

Paraoon

The skip shells crashed against the planet's surface leaving massive craters where the shield generators used to be causing a massive evacuation through the Aether as billions upon billions of consciousnesses flowed into it awaiting new bodies and another safer planet to continue work on. Some planned to stay inside the Aether until the war blew over and contribute to the war effort in other ways sure that they would be safe there. Meanwhile the WK executed a cunning plan. Activating it's ANSR device the usually planet sized anti-ship rounds would be disguised as normal caster shots as the universe was `talked into` into believing that it was true. The second part of the plan was to circumvent the shield by skipping past them with another set of ANSR commands leaving the disguised caster shots reappearing at point blank ranges to the ISO Elephant, some even aimed to the innards of the ship where they would strike with the same force as the original anti-ship round. For the farther away ship a similar plan was to be executed with one exception, the disguised shots were to be made invisible while billions of decoy shots would appear to execute the same thing on the farther away ship which would in all likelihood be shot down as they had far more range to do so. All the while billions of these shots would be disguised basically invisible producing no sound, giving off no visual hints, and giving off no heat while they raced forwards in every direction the WK could place them.

If the crew of the farther away Elephant was to see anything it would appear as if there was nothing more than space dust before it curved into them with the strength of a anti-capital round. The other Visoran ships would follow the example of the WK using their ANSWR devices to similar effect. During this the Octavian fleet...tried it's best firing off gigatons with each round and vastly more than that in a volley and yet we're still unable to do much for the battle especially as they were shot by the two remaining ships causing widespread destruction. The Warminds in the area would receive much of the same, having an assortment of caster rounds and other ordinance thrown at them as the battle continued

Sildorian space

The AOP shells were a unwelcome surprise as many slabs critically damaged in any number of ways causing the ones effected to retreat (at least, those who were still able to retreat). Some were able to survive the impact or managed to negate it with their ANSR devices, but many were left retreating or otherwise destroyed. Clearly the ISO had multiple tricks up it's sleeves, but the surving Visoran cubes were already devising countermeasures against a similar attack. Millions of visoran strike craft still remained so the remainder of the Octavian fleet would have some protection while many cubes were away. For the moment the advance into Sildorian space would be halted as reinforcements were called and the Visoran cubes were replaced. The one question asked by the Tactical Codex was where? Where were these guns? In the next sector over? In another galaxy? That was a matter which would have to be addressed at another time as the massive military AI thought of potential solutions...

Somewhere in Octavian Space

The system of Krell was a rather new territory, named after the Grand Mechanator who's Voidscreamer pacified the young star state that once occupied a few planets around the area. The conquest of the rest of the 14 systems within the larger star system had little to do with H'Krell, but it made for good propaganda. The station located above a mining planet was inhabited by a few AI and Octavian citizens doing amy number of things, all harshly interrupted by a ridiculously bright flash of light followed by a ship. With many visual sensors being burned out many immediately assumed that it was an enemy ship of some kind and escaped through the Aether as the station prepared to open fire before receiving it's message.

With the knowledge they were here to watch the ISO the station and Mechantors there provided all the information on known ISO positions across the conflict. Paraoon, Sector V, Ridley's Rest, and the odd projectiles which hit the Visoran cubes (and an invitation to indentify what the projectiles were fired from) were all mentioned before the station-goers got to work seeing how many visual sensors were fried by the Dreadnought's appearance and how many replacements the local factory planet would have to make to replace them.
Last edited by Imperial-Octavia on Fri Jul 10, 2020 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.
|| Factbooks ||
| Tech Level: FT |

Current Year: 2476
The Empire of Octavia ✙ "Assimilate or die!"
The Mechanical horde marches forward and it comes for you!

Number of owned Star Systems: 163

Pinnacle news:BREAKING NEWS: The Paramount, the Dearest Leader and Spearhead of the Synthetic Revolution has been confirmed to be dead in the Imperial Palace. The interim government of the Mechanator Council has found the cause of death to be a rare failing of the consciousness backup system combined with a simultaneous accident leading to the death of The Paramount’s main consciousness. Grand Mechanator H’Krell has declared a decade of mourning.
This nation was created by The Rapture Republic, inspired by Inkopolia. Now owned by Atkemri.

The Dominion of Mankind
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dominion of Mankind » Mon Jul 06, 2020 4:06 am

Deep Space

All of those present in the Dominion frigate's command unit were intently studying the voluminous packets of data the AI had just sent to them.
"This is wonderful! Look at all of these examples of convergent technological advancement, their alternate theories to explain the same phenomena,
the minor but interesting technologies not even we thought of!"
the CE blurted out, thoroughly ecstatic.
"This is all very nice, although I'm surprised about the lack of hostilities so far. They seem so busy with each other it almost appears they haven't noticed our fighter yet. I thought it would be a little more obvious than that!"
"Considering the huge moshpit of alien polities active in this galaxy, all with vast differences, it's quite possible they may be "jaded" for lack of a better term to the appearance of random unknowns and we're the odd ones out- overreacting to everything."
Sound Analysis

"I'm a little concerned about the tech banks of these 'Cybertronian' fellows. I just can't make heads or tails of most of this stuff.
I'm convinced there's some really exotic and interesting pieces in here, but it's just jargon to me."

"Agreed, our AI needs more processing power to turn this into usable information, we're severely limited in what we can do with this data right now"

"Shouldn't we, y'know, be looking for a way back? This data should be more than enough use for the Dominion and we don't want to take too many risks."
"Negative. You're being too cautious Bob, we've still got far more data to collect and possible traitors running about. We need to find them." Keith chastised.
"I think the pertinent issue is we don't know how we got here or how to go back. That Pontiff fellow might have known, I'd suggest attempting capture next time we find one of these traitors."

Ridley's Rest

Paying little mind to the conversion in the command unit, the AI continued to puppeteer the fighter at Ridley's Rest. As stated by Bob, the AI had yet to be the recipient of any sort of hostility or curiosity for its troubles.
The AI took note of the rapid escalation of the battle; new weapons and techniques being brought to bear by the second. And then it made its decision.

The AI focused its attention on the vastly outnumbered 'International Space Organisation' vessels and the fighter began approaching them.
"This might actually take some work." The AI mused to itself as it realised the obvious technological advantage held by the modest vessels in the fight, their speed and weaponry being far above the low bar set by the Octavians.

Deep Space
Stormrider
[quote="The Auraverse";p="37351925"]|✧|Deep Space|✧|
|Stormrider|

Hatlen nodded - mostly, it would seem, to himself - and hefted the teapot. Stepping over to each cup in turn, he poured out the various liquids that had been requested. All from the same teapot, without any apparent exterior change - the spout seemed to spew whatever was required of it into the correct container. From teas, to nano-goop, to an odd blue fluid that caused frost to web out from its cup across the table. When he came to Mark, he regarded the stream of water that flowed into the cup with a vague expression of disapproval.

"Adequately chlorinated - for that extra bit of vintage tap feel."

Into his own cup, he decanted another measure of whatever it was that had been inside. It looked to be perfectly ordinary green tea - but then, it was hard to be sure, all things considered. Only then did he take a seat.

"I suppose we have the beverages sorted. If anyone would care for a snack, do let me know."

And so he returned to sipping - seemingly content with having defused... whatever it was that had been imminent. For now.

"Perfect, just as I remember it" Brobarious stated with approval as he eyed the freezing cup, vapours spewing from the mysterious blue fluid.
Taking a small sip, Brobarious felt his mouth and throat cooling down rapidly, a few small icicles forming before being melted by overly aggressive homoeostatic mechanisms.

Brobarious felt several glares boring into him from the others present, especially from a certain pale woman. Slightly annoyed by the lesser being's disrespect for her superiors, Brobarious returned her gaze with his own.
"Well? If you've got something to say then don't be shy about it, inhuman pretender." Brobarious spat.

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Tue Jul 07, 2020 10:32 am

|⌂|Earth|⌂|
|Just outside Florence|

Abandoning their vehicle on the city's outskirts, the two carjackers made their way through the Italian countryside towards the Passione bunker. The perimeter fencing didn't do much to impede them - waltzing straight by the private property signage, Elias waved his hand in a complex motion - with a flash of purple, the wire mesh parted before him. Simultaneously, he and Renée were enveloped by an undulating distortion-bubble - from the outside, they were functionally invisible. Through the tall grass they went, until finally the reinforced bunker door loomed a few dozen meters ahead. They halted as Elias pulled something from within his jacket - another conjurer's trick. A mask - a solid, chunky thing of stark-white pseudomatter, designed to fit snugly around the front of the head. Entirely featureless, its exterior surface smooth to the touch. Renée looked on as it was affixed to his face, a simplistic holo-projection of a smiley face flickering to life on its surface in that trademark lilac.

"Well. Going for a throwback, are we? I thought you don't use it anymore."

"A matter of stylistic preference, not of utility. It provides nothing, and yet it feels appropriate for the occasion."

"Feel free to hand me mine, then. You being the designated porter and all."

He obliged, producing another example - this one entirely black, and quick to bear a projected frown upon being donned.

"Should I make us an entrance, or..?"

"Allow me."

At once, the concealment sphere collapsed around them. To outside observers, it appeared as though they had just popped out of thin air - it took a moment for the siren to begin its wailing. An auxilliary door was already being unsealed; the hulking mass of one of the Paramount's Chosen lumbered its way outside, weapons unfolding. It didn't seem to know what to make of the intruders quite yet, but it also looked to have a job description that didn't require it to. Elias didn't give any visible acknowledgement of caring - tapping his chin with the head of the cane, he regarded the upturned palm of his free hand. Lines of violet light twisted and flashed on the surface of the skin, forming and reforming symbols too varied and complex for the eye to follow - eldritch runes and impossibly-intricate scribblings, all shifting as if liquid.

"To lay low... lay siege... lay waste... my, choices."

"Some time this century, maybe?"

The Chosen was raising its gun-arm now - Elias merely nodded.

"Waste it is."

The glyphs settled into an ornate, cruciform arrangement. The palm, flexing, disgorged a stream of lilac fractals - twisting their way towards the bunker door at just under lightspeed, they didn't seem to care overmuch about the vaguely-humanoid agglomeration of metal that stood between them and it. The otherworldly shriek of space being torn asunder did well to drown out the siren, if only for a moment.

Hub Page

Bloodshade
Diplomat

Founded: May 28, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Bloodshade » Wed Jul 08, 2020 9:52 pm

Stormrider, Deep Space

Ambrosia was bemused by Brobarious's comment. The poor thing must've been taken aback by her swift reaction to his intrusion, she thought, and now he's just attempting to push her even further. Unfortunately for him, she wasn't the type to moved by such insults. Actions spoke louder than words.

"I mean, yes. I am a vampire, first and foremost, if that wasn't obvious. Humans aren't the only bipedal creatures in the universe, mind you."

Before continuing to entertain the incensed being, she took a sip of her tea and obnoxiously let out a sigh of relief while reverting her gaze back to Brobarious.

"The only who's pretending here is you. Pretending to be relevant to be more precise. Let me ask, are you just going to be a nuisance to us or will you join our ragtag band of stardust crusaders? If you'll allow me to explain, the enemy we're facing on Earth is much more abhorrent than everyone on this ship combined, at least from your perspective. Would you like to know more?"

The white-haired figure's courteous tone was a fresh change of pace for the vampire, even if she was extremely wary of his degree of power but it would be unwise for her to prod him in that field, considering she just met the man a few minutes ago...although, maybe she could just...hint at it?

"Ismael, it's a pleasure. Well, I'd be terribly worried if you abruptly decided to shimmy on into this conflict so I guess I'm glad that's not the case, wouldn't want any surprises huh..." - Ambrosia

"Glad to have you on board, Izzy! Whatever you may be!" - Vishala

"Vishala, can you go and pilot the ship instead? You can take your tea with you." - Ambrosia

"What happened to 'No Drinking and Driving'? Whatever..." - Vishala

Vishala found herself leaving the table already, tea in one hand, as she sat herself down in the cockpit, preparing the ship for hyperspace travel. She decided to play the part, raising her voice and committing to in-flight passenger announcements.

"This is your captain speaking. First, I'd like to welcome you all aboard the Stormrider. I ask that you please stay within the confines of the Stormrider. Please turn on all electronic devices and have fun. This baby's not that primitive. Smoking is not prohibited but extremely frowned upon so don't do that shit in MY spaceship. I'm sure by now, everyone's enjoying Izzy's tea so sit back, relax and enjoy this break because once we're on Earth, shit's about to go down. Now why won't don’t we watch our dear hostess as she goes through the safety procedures?" - Vishala

"Piss off!" - Ambrosia

"Have fun in HR, cunt! I apologize for the language, my dear passengers. Just use your common sense and we'll all be safe." - Vishala

After the two's playful spat was finally at an end, Ambrosia went back to sipping her tea, occasionally eyeing Broborious in case he decides to start acting hilariously. She didn't want him to cause any ruckus, especially while they were on the ship. It wouldn't be long until they reach Earth's orbit and finally put an end to the Paramount's cruel shenanigans. She'll take great pleasure in putting him in his place, assuming Vishala doesn't get there first.

'Attack of the Memetics', Yvresse

At this point, many folk lingering across Yvresse's surface and within Bloodshade's borders were ecstatic and confident as a whole with their homeland's participation in the war. Many folk were still in touch with their loved ones in deployment, sending their best wishes and encouragements to the brave members of the armed forces. Most expected that they'd suffer minimal casualties. That the war would end quickly in the sense that the Octavians would find it futile to bash their heads with a stubborn lion's heads and eventually revert to sporadic warfare, guaranteeing the survival of Bloodshade yet its continued state of hostility towards the Octavians, standing up to this menace.

However, on one day, the Octavians decided to commit an act of treachery against the civilian population. Life continued as is, despite the war raging on light years away. Industries were geared to support the war effort. People were clamoring to support the nation's efforts in this battle against another universal menace. Many engaged in discussion online to show their support for the cause or ridicule the enemy immensely. However, a threat identified as 'Memetics' was unleashed on the majority of Bloodshade's internet, affecting millions of folk across the world who had no idea what the issue was.

Many folk succumbed to the effects of these malicious programs as it seeped into the people's minds, fueling an irrational amount of rage in their minds that caused folk to rampage, rave and run riot in the streets. While the memetics affected some more than others, the nation was engulfed by anarchy momentarily. Law enforcement and planetary garrisons were dispatched to deal with the situation. At first, they were resorted to conventional riot control but eventually, Henrietta, a member of Ambrosia's circle took the initiative and prompted all law enforcement agents to use more effective and potentially lethal methods such as ultrasonic weaponry, mounts and directed energy weapons to disorient and stun large swathes of the population. Soon enough, load-outs were altered and it felt like an all-out war between those that weren't affected and those who were still functioning enough to deal with the raged portion of the populace. Police officers mounted on armored Demigryphs would crash into large groups of mindless members of society.

One person was particularly distraught by this transgression on her soil. The moment she felt such a disturbance wash over the Bloodeshadians, Alarielle implored the titanic beasts of Yvresse to heed her commands. Forest dragons were roused from their sleep and implored to use their soporific breath to flood every populated area that was affected, intending to incapacitate and put the enraged to sleep. Those that somehow resisted or circumvented such effects would instead be terrified by the presence of twenty kilometre dragons, flying over city centers across Yvresse's and indicating their presence with a deafening roar that shock the earth and disrupted the thought process of many that could hear its petrifying roar.

Stygian worms were also called to fight against this unseen mind-worm, popping randomly out of the ground and using its booming voice which would knock out many who continued to run rampant.

Meanwhile in her abode, Alarielle was preparing an arcane feat that would allow her to put at ease every single mind on Yvresse, whether or not they were affected. All the while, flora invaded the urbanized realms, at the behest of the Everqueen, and released sleeping gas that filled the streets with its intoxicating, soothing smell.

All the while in Valyria, the enclave of Makers were convening to discuss the state of affairs. They would've intervened if not for the fact that Alarielle had been hard at work. Laserai, Archon of the Makers, was quick to send Alarielle a psionic message, indicating to her that her efforts to save the populace were wholly admired by her own and that any material expenses would be covered by Maker authorities, only this once. Despite Laserai being stationed in Valyria, the ringworld situated in Bloodshade's orbit, Alarielle was still capable of receiving her message.

"A rather tragic state of affairs, my dear Everqueen. You have my condolences." - Laserai

"I could not care less, Maker. Speak your mind and ridicule my efforts but do not waste my time." - Alarielle

"We could've dealt with this situation rather soundly but your efforts held us back. You inspire us with your zeal and determination. For that, we shall cover the trillions in material costs. Your people shall be healed by our hand if your nation cannot bear the burden. Consider this an acknowledgement of your honorable defense of your people from the assimilator empire's greatest most cowardly weapon: A simple behavior inducing program...for your sake, we could send our own 'gifts' to the Octavians. Their people must know that they are not untouchable, do you not agree?" - Laserai

"Do as you wish, Maker. Leave me be and let me focus. I don't care for hurting the innocent. I live to protect." - Alarielle

Laserai sighed and soon enough, the voice in Alarielle's head faded and vanished. She could finally focus on the task at hand. An hour or so after the situation began, it was finally over but not after the deaths of hundreds of thousands, the injuries of millions and trillions in damage caused by this unseen weapon.

Alarielle believed she was finally done and dusted with the situation but the beasts that were summoned wanted answers. The circle of Forest Dragons were sentient beings that were enraged and hurt deeply by the harm they inflicted on billions in order to prevent them from hurting one another. They were frothing to the mouth and soon besieged Alarielle's humble abode, prompting her to meet the beasts in the lush and reclusive escape in the deep forests of Yvresse. Towering around the biome surrounding, one stood out with golden crest, its voice booming towards the Everqueen.

"Disgusting fool. Sadistic vixen. Very little of what you say will allow us to forgive you for this crime against the innocent. We care not for what they may do to one another. Explain now why you exploit our powers to bring harm to their civilization." - Mistral, Chief of the Draconic Circle

"Do not threaten me in my own home. You come here. Accuse ME of harming my own? This was an attack! An attack from an interstellar civilization, you oafs! You shall mind your tone when you speak to me, beast." - Alarielle

Mistral would've wished to crush the puny elf queen right then and there but only a few moments later and they were reminded of the Everqueen's power and why they answer to her. A large infestation of greenery surrounded Alarielle and continued to grow in height and thickness, surrounded by a blend of colorful blend of mist and flora that would combine to form a kilometre long monstrous beast of titanic proportions. Alarielle had transformed into an enraged form which one consider her to be an Avatar of Nature, the Burning Mountain and the Incarnation of the Heavens. Mistral, out of furious desperation, attempted to lunge at Alarielle in her new form, only to be stopped short by a rough claw that caught Mistral's snout in her grip. The Burning Mountain snarled response to Mistral's attempted attack, eliciting a low growl that indicated but did not result in his death for some miraculous reasons. A thunder-like rage accompanied Alarielle's tone in the following.

"Go back to your groves, small fry. Remember, you and your kin have committed an act of treason against Mother Nature and you shall pay, one way or another. Prepare your offerings or prepare your graves. When this war is over, I will come to collect your bodies or your grovelling." - Alarielle

As soon as Mistral's snout was freed from her grasp, the remaining four Forest Dragons flew for their lives, with Mistral catching up soon after them. For now, Bloodshade needed to recuperate from this chaos.

There will be revenge. The people were incensed. Alarielle was incensed. Despite the chaos, Bloodshade remains standing and angered by this attack in their own homeland.

There will be revenge.
Last edited by Bloodshade on Thu Jul 09, 2020 12:13 pm, edited 9 times in total.
An interstellar civilization that survived the self-induced destruction of its now long-gone homeworld and is trying to live the good life, all the while avoiding getting its ass kicked around.
Bloodshade Broadcasting Company| Actually re-writing my lore, I should't be on the forums but I am | Updated my video game screenshots, features Planet Zoo and Warhammer 2 | I need sleep but sleep doesn't need me | Edelgard is the cutest warmonger |

Ignis States
Attaché

Founded: Jun 15, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Ignis States » Thu Jul 09, 2020 6:47 am

Mark just...tries to ignore everything going around him and just enjoy the damn tap water Hatlen gave him, slowly sipping it as he glances around the room.
Tastes like it came from a faucet. Just the way he likes it, aw yeah. No master of irony is complete without drinking something totally antithetical to his badassery.
When will these idiots get a grip and properly pilot this thing towards Earth already. Christ, the Ausar has ass to kick and names to take, he isn't sitting down here.
When Vishala starts the 'in-flight announcements', though, Mark can feel his sanity returning. Why is the only person with sense around here the shortstack rabbit?
At least Ambrosia is...well, not doing horribly with this. Maybe this ship can get to Earth before he leaves to go there himself.

"Finally, Vishala talks some damn sense. I don't care about this tea party or whatever stupid animosities you have with each other. Shut up and relax so some of us can concentrate and enjoy ourselves. I'm going to kick back, read some fine literature, and wait until we get to Earth."
With that, Mark takes out some fine literature, conjuring an armchair to kick back and relax in.
Soon. Soon he can get off this flying metal box and kick some robotic ass.
What happens when you cross anime powers and overpowered leaders with furries, all written by a bored Homestuck fan with too much time? Well, you get Rumei. A multiethnic, FT republic with both might and magic that let it conquer the entire Orion Arm.
A 7.6 (this is probably outdated but I can’t do the calculations rn) (Tier 9, Level 6, Type 9) according to this index.
Come to The Orion, we got C U L T U R E and F U R R I E S

Show Recommendation: Cobra Kai. It is very, very good.
IC Name: Roman Republic, or simply Rome (Rumei). Occasionally called the Ignisian Republic. Current year is 2697.

The Dominion of Mankind
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby The Dominion of Mankind » Thu Jul 09, 2020 9:49 am

Deep Space
Stormrider
Bloodshade wrote:Stormrider, Deep Space

Ambrosia was bemused by Brobarious's comment. The poor thing must've been taken aback by her swift reaction to his intrusion, she thought, and now he's just attempting to push her even further. Unfortunately for him, she wasn't the type to moved by such insults. Actions spoke louder than words.

"I mean, yes. I am a vampire, first and foremost, if that wasn't obvious. Humans aren't the only bipedal creatures in the universe, mind you."

Before continuing to entertain the incensed being, she took a sip of her tea and obnoxiously let out a sigh of relief while reverting her gaze back to Brobarious.

"The only who's pretending here is you. Pretending to be relevant to be more precise. Let me ask, are you just going to be a nuisance to us or will you join our ragtag band of stardust crusaders? If you'll allow me to explain, the enemy we're facing on Earth is much more abhorrent than everyone on this ship combined, at least from your perspective. Would you like to know more?"

The white-haired figure's courteous tone was a fresh change of pace for the vampire, even if she was extremely wary of his degree of power but it would be unwise for her to prod him in that field, considering she just met the man a few minutes ago...although, maybe she could just...hint at it?

"Ismael, it's a pleasure. Well, I'd be terribly worried if you abruptly decided to shimmy on into this conflict so I guess I'm glad that's not the case, wouldn't want any surprises huh..." - Ambrosia

"Glad to have you on board, Izzy! Whatever you may be!" - Vishala

"Vishala, can you go and pilot the ship instead? You can take your tea with you." - Ambrosia

"What happened to 'No Drinking and Driving'? Whatever..." - Vishala

Vishala found herself leaving the table already, tea in one hand, as she sat herself down in the cockpit, preparing the ship for hyperspace travel. She decided to play the part, raising her voice and committing to in-flight passenger announcements.

"This is your captain speaking. First, I'd like to welcome you all aboard the Stormrider. I ask that you please stay within the confines of the Stormrider. Please turn on all electronic devices and have fun. This baby's not that primitive. Smoking is not prohibited but extremely frowned upon so don't do that shit in MY spaceship. I'm sure by now, everyone's enjoying Izzy's tea so sit back, relax and enjoy this break because once we're on Earth, shit's about to go down. Now why won't our dear hostess as she goes through the safety procedures?" - Vishala

"Piss off!" - Ambrosia

"Have fun in HR, cunt! I apologize for the language, my dear passengers. Just use your common sense and we'll all be safe." - Vishala

After the two's playful spat was finally at an end, Ambrosia went back to sipping her tea, occasionally eyeing Broborious in case he decides to start acting hilariously. She didn't want him to cause any ruckus, especially while they were on the ship. It wouldn't be long until they reach Earth's orbit and finally put an end to the Paramount's cruel shenanigans. She'll take great pleasure in putting him in his place, assuming Vishala doesn't get there first.

Brobarious returned Ambrosia's verbal barbs with a hearty chuckle.
"Oh, you have much to learn young woman, thanks to your little outburst I now know a minimum of three pieces of information I did not know before. Next time you try to grandstand, please don't fall for such obvious bait." Brobarious chastised.

Brobarious briefly paused before continuing in a less arrogant tone of voice. "Regardless, I do have an interest in what you mentioned. To think Earth could exist, not just in this reality plane but this very galaxy! Truly not the work of mere coincidence I am sure."
"If this is the Earth in our records than I would expect you to be walking right into a nest of class IV cognitohazardous or infohazardous entities, on top of the possibility of an alpha class extraplanar at least and possible omnihazardous abstracts..." Brobarious went to continue before stopping himself.
"Ah, but those terms are likely meaningless to you. No matter, without countermeasures you will be anything from braindead to no longer with us the moment you set foot in Sol, that arrangement works for me."

"However, the possibility is higher that this is an entirely different Earth, in which case I am unaware of the abhorrent enemy that currently disturbs it, but I would be extremely interested in knowing more."
Brobarious took on a neutral tone. "Depending on your answer, I may even be willing to temporarily look past your transgressions and consider a truce of sorts... Of course, I will have my conditions, but let's not get ahead of ourselves now."

Brobarious then turned to look at Hatlen. "So, you're Dr. Hatlen then? Well met! It would be rude not to introduce myself at this stage. I am Pontiff Brobarious of the Dominion of Mankind. I shall allow you to call me Brobarious if you wish, though that courtesy does not extend to the other denizens of this vessel."
"I just have to inquire about your origins, you are certainly no regular human and I would very much like to know more about you and the polity you represent. I of course would be happy to answer any questions of your own in exchange." Brobarious said in an uncharacteristically friendly tone."

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:07 pm

Fort Liberty (How the hell it's still not a pile of rubble?)

Brave defenders of Fort Liberty on the first floor after seeing their covers being destroyed and their comrades horrifically burned in hellish blue flames, rapidly evacuated to the second floor. On their run, they planted and detonated several explosive charges on undamaged water pipes, and after all defenders reached the second floor, pressure doors were shut. Looks like they decided to fight fire with water and wash the uninvited guests away.

But since Octavian made drones are all of prime quality and don't mind getting wet, suddenly in several places, lots of concrete rabble started falling right on their metallic heads. That was defenders blowing up the floor in places, where support pillars were damaged. The piles of rubble would not only hit drones, but also make it harder for them to navigate the place.

Through those holes, Fort Liberty personell threw several makeshift generators, hastly made from drone energy cores right into the flooded places with enemies. Hopefully, the currents, running for several seconds through rushing water are powerful enough to electrocute the Octavian drones. In case they are not, defenders also bombarded the Octavians with rigged salvaged energy cores, explosives and sometimes just heavy objects.

Another surpirse, prepared by the defenders in case of first floor being compromised.

In the meantime, a roof, protecting the salvaged Grinder gun got several holes and collapsed. Gun and people operating it were intact by some luck, but the next air strike will definitely end Grinder's service for Skyhooked. Until it wasn't destroyed though, it fired upon the drone fighters and land forces, which attacked the reinforcements. Imperator class drones on the other hand, despite losses have made it to the place, where Grinder wouldn't be able to hit them. A clever move.

Skyhooked struggling to defend the Earth

After Skyhookedians have managed to catch Chosen of guard and inflict casualties on them, metallic corpses of Chosen were quickly salvaged and stripped for all and anything valuable. Stronger armor, better weapons... circuitry, cores. Hopefully, the Chosen have weapons good enough to damage Chosen's armor, so they can be used to hunt other Chosen. And if not, at least their armor would be useful to protect the area near the tires, making it harder for Chosen to hit them.

Of course, road warriors suffered a fair number of casualties to enemy adaptation, and they had to adapt too, by trying to drive in a less predictible manner. Buried core bombs were no longer effective against Paramount's Chosen, they know how to find them. But what if they can be launched somehow? Guerrillas started to experiment with this, thankfully there were enough destroyed drones all over the Skyhooked. They tried shooting them out of mortars and making some sort of bombs out of them, which would be either thrown from vehicles or dropped from remaining aircraft. Some were still buried, but placed near or under something burning to trick the thermal vision. It's established, that core explosion can destroy the Paramount's chosen, so why not use them any way it's possible?

Many Skyhookers got burned to a chrisp on the farmlands. With severe casualties on the farmlands, Skyhookedian fighters retreated from them and instead ambushed enemies on their ways to farms, while the farmlands themselves would be shelled from afar whenever they started to burn. Periodically, the farms would be "guarded" by scarecrows with guns, maybe enemies will take them for real guerrillas from afar. After all, before farm burning started, some guerrillas used to disguise as scarecrows.

It also appears, that Octavians, despite being robotic, have rather refined taste. They didn't even tough rotten food piles. Then it's time to put some bits for actually eidible foods under the piles of spoiled goods. If robots start burning them, then this will be used as a way to lure them. If not, then people would start hiding eidible food under piles of rotten. With mechanators starting to guard the equipment, Global Defense Council forces changed strategy and concentrated on evacuating people from mechanators, while some of them are "tied" to their stuff. Attempts to steal equipment would still occur, so mechanators will have to watch it. And artillery strikes made GDC forces to go more nomadic and stealthy and try to spread as far as possbile across different human pockets and settlements. They spreaded across Asia, South America and USA as well as they could, rallied local forces and went on.

With all those casualties. Hopefully the war or at least invasion will end soon. Skyhookedians are brave and strong, but they will not hold the Earth forever.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Sat Jul 11, 2020 12:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Khorzromoth
Lobbyist

Founded: Jan 08, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Khorzromoth » Sun Jul 12, 2020 3:15 pm

This post was co-written with Imperial-Octavia and Pax Cybertronian.

Octavian Space
Unnamed Colonial System

Having set up a quick base, Warper decided to order the Magicons to spread out across the Octavian periphery – hopefully, any damage could be quickly repaired thanks to their Healerbots. If necessary, more would be deployed. They would, first of all, need to figure out its weakness. The Magicons then began to try out a variety of magical techniques, ranging from, for instance, fireballs to lightning blasts to more hard-hitting spells. Their flashes of magical energy coursed through the system towards the orb, illuminating the cold vacuum like fireworks in the night – only to, as before, fade out harmlessly upon nearing the strange craft. The vessel seemed to pay them very little heed; rather than changing its course, or firing back in retaliation, it made its way towards the system’s star, allowing itself to be engulfed by the radiant, shimmering mass. Seconds later, a vortex appeared on the star’s surface, tunnelling down all the way into its core – and moments afterwards, a stream of blindingly hot plasma shot out from the star, sweeping across the system as it aimed first at the Octavian colony below, then at the Magicons, and finally at the nearby Octavian fleet.

As he teleported to avoid the plasma, Warper noticed the blasts dissipate. It seemed to be at least a little coincidental that a vortex randomly appeared on the sun’s surface and shot out towards the Magicons and the Octavian fleet. Perhaps it was the work of some sort of reality-bending? He needed to find some way to break their shields - maybe that would work? By countering the shields with bending reality around it, he conjured a spell of banishment around the star looking to send whatever was protecting the orb within from harm into some dimension far from here so that they could start doing some actual damage to the thing. With that being done, he and his squadron moved to strike the orb with pulses of pure magical energy, seeing if the protective ward around it was finally removed.

Once Warper concluded his spell, the star was gone - engulfed into some unknown realm, beyond the reaches of this universe. Within minutes, the absence of its gravitational field would send the entire system into disarray; already, nearby planets and asteroids had begun to drift off into space. In the midst of all this, Warper’s goal was at least partially accomplished, for floating in the newfound emptiness at the centre of everything was the mysterious black sphere, now deprived of its cover. And yet his success remained only partial - the distorted field around it was still in place. Given the right sensory systems, he would have detected an exceedingly brief fluctuation in its integrity - the banishment spell had sheared away at it somewhat, only for the damage to correct itself nigh-instantly. And so, while the system around it began to fall apart, the orb remained unfazed as the magical blasts from the Magicons dissipated against it like plumes of smoke. Leaving little time for its assailants to react, it swiftly moved back on the offensive.

Rearranging itself too quickly for most modosophont minds to even register, its shape “snapped” into a convex, curved wall facing towards its mechanoid adversaries, bristling with hollow, cylindrical protrusions - the nature of which would soon be revealed to the Magicons and Octavians alike. For these protrusions were, in fact, gun barrels. And within the blink of an eye, they opened fire into the void. A torrent of projectiles rushed through the system, hurtling towards their targets with speeds bordering that of light. Volley after volley was unleashed as the wall of guns materialised seemingly endless pellets within its chambers, releasing them into space like a deadly, nightmarish hailstorm. Octavian point defense systems immediately went into effect shooting down whatever they could and took what they could in place of their magical allies. Some of the magicons would give in to their generally selfish culture and create protective wards, well placed portals leading to anywhere that wasn't in their general vicinity, teleportation out of the way or behind Octavian shields, and other such countermeasures to protect themselves from the onslaught while others would realize the larger tactical situation and do the same for the formation at large.

Warper was on his last nerves at this mysterious black entity and with whatever he had that wasn't concentrated on redirecting and blocking the projectiles into more banishment spells, this time looking to banish the entire accursed thing (he didn't quite have a word for it. He didn't even know the orb he had seen before was it's true form after it's sudden transformation). Those who had teleported behind the Octavian ships looking for some respite from the attack (some from cowardice after the initial attack and others from injury during it) would follow the lead of Warper after receiving a magical call to action conjuring a ever growing amount of banishments towards the orb. The shields and point defense of the Octavian fleet were holding for the most part keeping the large majority of projectiles out and those that did hit were promptly blocked. The magicons were less lucky however as some of them were hit sending them teleporting behind the lines to await their healerbots' aid throwing whatever spells-usually on the weaker side- they could at the magical entity that had injured them.

As its barrage of gunfire met the Octavians’ defences, the vessel’s approach shifted. Though it would inevitably end up pushing through via sustained fire given enough time, that would be woefully inefficient - and besides, the mounting pressure from the repeated banishment spells was beginning to chip away at its defences. And so, the obvious solution was to simply dodge the spells. Not in any conventional direction, of course - rather, it moved out. A minute blip in the fabric of space, and it was gone. Were an insufficiently-advanced observer to witness the scene, it would have appeared as though the Magicons had succeeded in their attack. Yet this ostensible success was not to last. Less than an instant later, there was another blip - then another, then another still. Repeating a total of forty-one times, all spaced apart at temporal intervals almost too small to measure - and all manifesting directly over the Octavian fleet, as the vessel materialised and exited in impossibly rapid succession inside its frontline of battleships and battlecruisers. The twenty massive Annihilators were reduced to ruined husks, each one bearing a single hole, hundreds of metres across, splitting its hull in half. Yet it did not stop there; now nowhere near the assorted wreckage it had left, it appeared once again at the very back of the formation, at virtually point-blank range - astronomically speaking - from the damaged Magicons seeking respite. As before, its shape was that of a curved wall, entirely covered in gun batteries. And, yet again, it immediately opened fire, releasing volley after relativistic volley at the robots before it.

Warper looked back in equal measures of fear and amazement. This...this thing was a being of immense magical power and if he could tame or even harness the power of one the Deception Empire would be powerful beyond belief...maybe the Empire would even be under his command… Before Warper could formulate his plans about overthrowing Megatron by subjugating this entity he had to actually go about the process of surviving it. Stretching his magical influence across the planes he looked past the shield of the object and took on the work of banishing its very being. Some of his magicon allies joined him in this endeavor while others would work on keeping the vessel still and defenseless manifesting chains imbued with the essence of reality as portals opened in the blackness of space the bright, radiant, blue contrasting with the dark colors all around the system. While flashy these otherworldly chains would not only restrain the enemy but also work as a form of reality enforcement.

Some of the magicons behind the Octavian ships threw up magical shields the second they saw the Battleships go down mostly comprising the more cowardly magicons who jumped back without major injuries while others continued to throw spells at it before they were cut down by the projectiles flung at them. Those who were shielded would maintain their shields with everything they had in them fighting for survival as thousands of projectiles pelleted their magic shields. The smaller Octavian ships would begin aiming their fire, shooting around the reality empowering chains into their target to keep it occupied. The entire group hoped that this would be enough to at least damage it, and if they are lucky, to kill it.

The chain barrier appeared to work. While the torrent of shells still passed through the physical gaps in the structure, with the entity inside twisting and bending its shape to ensure that none of its fire was blocked by its restraints, it did not move beyond the reality-enforcement field that the chains projected. As the Magicons repeatedly sent their banishment spells at it, their protective barriers shuddering under the impact of its seemingly endless volleys, the warped, amorphous thing within the chains appeared to pulsate with each cast, as though responding to damage. Though the banishments appeared to be met with resistance as before, they were at least having an effect - seeing this, the Magicons heightened their efforts, invigorated by the prospect of their attempts finally making progress.

In the meantime, a small appendage emerged from the object’s “hull” - if naval analogies were to be considered working descriptors of the entity - and rapidly extended, snaking its way up to a gap in the chains. The distorted field around it faded towards its extremity, which would have shown up on the appropriate sensors as a rather mundane lump of matter - though its material composition remained highly unusual, that was about as far as its peculiarity went. No spatial distortion, no reality rending; such abnormalities had seemingly been made inert. Like a larva emerging from a honeycomb, it slithered its way through the gap, sticking its now perfectly reality-adherent “head” into the open space outside. As an increasing amount of it was swiftly funneled through, it wasted no time to resume its attack - with the portion of its mass that had escaped confinement immediately regaining its then-disabled properties, it slithered outwards at blinding speed, maintaining a small, physically-conventional section on itself to pass through the reality-enforcement field until its entire mass was free to move once more. Yet again, it vanished into nothingness - upon reemerging, turning a nearby Octavian corvette into a cloud of debris as it materialised within its hull, it assumed a form vaguely akin to that of a branching ribbon worm, its serpentine “body” splitting up into a growing number of fractal tendrils. Tendrils which, of course, were covered in their entirety by bristling weapon arrays. Snaking their way around the Magicons like the roots of a strangler fig, they erupted anew into a ceaseless storm of projectiles.

Panic spread as this black monster once again got around the plans of the magicons and then went on to let out a volley which would critically injure, if not straight up killing many of those magicons who had begun to do some real damage to it. As Warper raised his magic shield his mind went through any option which may be able to stop it's rampage before he had an idea which he would magically transmit to his fellow magicians. Summoning more of the Chains of Primus they would begin to wrap around the orb but instead of opting to send an ever increasing numbers of chains around it, refusing to stop until every inch of the thing was covered in the chains radiating a bright blue glow. Meanwhile a few of the weaker and severely injured magicons tried to preoccupy the orb with banishment.

In the process of creating the chains a few magicons had their shields fall from the severe draining of their Mana generators and were stabbed by one of the orbs many projectiles striking down more of the magicons leaving their cybertronian bodies drifting through space. They were ignored however, there was still a battle at hand and the celebration or mourning over the deaths of friends and rivals would have to wait. As the chains continued to stretch the chains around the orb would begin to compress themselves if the maneuver was allowed to continue. If all went according to plan the eldritch creature would be crushed by the reality enforcing chains while it was also being banished on the inside of the mounting mass of blue.

Gladian Rendezvous Point

Gladian Imperium wrote:
IWS Walls of Iron, 800th Armada

As the bizarre figure appeared, they would see a bridge full of heavily armored aliens...that quickly reached for various weapons before hearing Retzvethraxyilnahr speak. The Warmaster relaxed and removed the sleek helmet concealing his face. Lutherus stared down the alien, seemingly unafraid of its appearance, before nodding.

"I suppose you are a trustworthy figure...Retz." He hesitated on saying the Khorzromoth spawn's full name, in order to avoid butchering it. "If you wish to collaborate with the Alliance, I can arrange a meeting between you and Trez'nav. He is representing the Minds in charge of this campaign but is currently occupied with other affairs." The Warmaster concluded his brief explanation and allowed Retzvethraxyilnahr to speak.

Satisfied with the Warmaster's response, the apparition nodded its ethereal head. Within the tendrils of smoke that made up its facial expressions, one could vaguely make out some semblance of a smile.

"A welcome development. I should indeed like to speak with him whenever possible. But please, for future reference - if you wish to refer to me in shorthand, call me 'Raxyil', or just 'Rax'. 'Retz' is rather vague, you see; both of my companions here could just as well be referred to as such." A brief pause, before it continued. "...Ah, speaking of which. I've just received word from one of them - we have visitors inbound, it seems. Nothing too serious, but I'd advise you bring your guard up."

No sooner had the entity finished speaking than a gateway from the Warren appeared within the system, bringing through it a group of Magicons with an Octavian escort fleet. Tracking it down by the trail of destruction it left, it wasn't long before they came across its resting spot - with the threat finally in sight, and with another enemy present to boot, they spread out and began to engage. As the Magicons moved within their combat range of the orb, the Octavians turned towards the Gladian fleet, and both opened fire.
✵✵✵ BLESSED CHILDREN OF THE FORMLESS GOD ✵✵✵
Pending 1
Pending 2
Pending 3
Pending 4
Pending 5
Pending 6
"Everything is real, and yet nothing is. I lie adrift in an endless sea of dreams that are not mine. One day, however, they will be."

Post-human, post-physical functionally infinite collective of semi-autonomous disembodied consciousnesses, tethered to and spawned from one oversized soul staving off its own metaphysical collapse
Lore is extremely WIP, but exists in the same continuity as Khoronzon and Empyrius
If Khoronzon's so good, how come they never made a seq- oh god oh h*ck

Synne Industries
Envoy

Founded: May 07, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Synne Industries » Sun Jul 12, 2020 7:51 pm

R.S.S. Mann⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀⠀
General vicinity of the Magicons, Incorporeal Extraspace

[Ħ] [⎈] [ 1 ]
| Hermes Class Destroyer | Scouting Division One |

Khorzromoth wrote:
This post was co-written with Imperial-Octavia and Pax Cybertronian.

Octavian Space
Unnamed Colonial System

Having set up a quick base, Warper decided to order the Magicons to spread out across the Octavian periphery – hopefully, any damage could be quickly repaired thanks to their Healerbots. If necessary, more would be deployed. They would, first of all, need to figure out its weakness. The Magicons then began to try out a variety of magical techniques, ranging from, for instance, fireballs to lightning blasts to more hard-hitting spells. Their flashes of magical energy coursed through the system towards the orb, illuminating the cold vacuum like fireworks in the night – only to, as before, fade out harmlessly upon nearing the strange craft. The vessel seemed to pay them very little heed; rather than changing its course, or firing back in retaliation, it made its way towards the system’s star, allowing itself to be engulfed by the radiant, shimmering mass. Seconds later, a vortex appeared on the star’s surface, tunnelling down all the way into its core – and moments afterwards, a stream of blindingly hot plasma shot out from the star, sweeping across the system as it aimed first at the Octavian colony below, then at the Magicons, and finally at the nearby Octavian fleet.

As he teleported to avoid the plasma, Warper noticed the blasts dissipate. It seemed to be at least a little coincidental that a vortex randomly appeared on the sun’s surface and shot out towards the Magicons and the Octavian fleet. Perhaps it was the work of some sort of reality-bending? He needed to find some way to break their shields - maybe that would work? By countering the shields with bending reality around it, he conjured a spell of banishment around the star looking to send whatever was protecting the orb within from harm into some dimension far from here so that they could start doing some actual damage to the thing. With that being done, he and his squadron moved to strike the orb with pulses of pure magical energy, seeing if the protective ward around it was finally removed.

Once Warper concluded his spell, the star was gone - engulfed into some unknown realm, beyond the reaches of this universe. Within minutes, the absence of its gravitational field would send the entire system into disarray; already, nearby planets and asteroids had begun to drift off into space. In the midst of all this, Warper’s goal was at least partially accomplished, for floating in the newfound emptiness at the centre of everything was the mysterious black sphere, now deprived of its cover. And yet his success remained only partial - the distorted field around it was still in place. Given the right sensory systems, he would have detected an exceedingly brief fluctuation in its integrity - the banishment spell had sheared away at it somewhat, only for the damage to correct itself nigh-instantly. And so, while the system around it began to fall apart, the orb remained unfazed as the magical blasts from the Magicons dissipated against it like plumes of smoke. Leaving little time for its assailants to react, it swiftly moved back on the offensive.

Rearranging itself too quickly for most modosophont minds to even register, its shape “snapped” into a convex, curved wall facing towards its mechanoid adversaries, bristling with hollow, cylindrical protrusions - the nature of which would soon be revealed to the Magicons and Octavians alike. For these protrusions were, in fact, gun barrels. And within the blink of an eye, they opened fire into the void. A torrent of projectiles rushed through the system, hurtling towards their targets with speeds bordering that of light. Volley after volley was unleashed as the wall of guns materialised seemingly endless pellets within its chambers, releasing them into space like a deadly, nightmarish hailstorm. Octavian point defense systems immediately went into effect shooting down whatever they could and took what they could in place of their magical allies. Some of the magicons would give in to their generally selfish culture and create protective wards, well placed portals leading to anywhere that wasn't in their general vicinity, teleportation out of the way or behind Octavian shields, and other such countermeasures to protect themselves from the onslaught while others would realize the larger tactical situation and do the same for the formation at large.

Warper was on his last nerves at this mysterious black entity and with whatever he had that wasn't concentrated on redirecting and blocking the projectiles into more banishment spells, this time looking to banish the entire accursed thing (he didn't quite have a word for it. He didn't even know the orb he had seen before was it's true form after it's sudden transformation). Those who had teleported behind the Octavian ships looking for some respite from the attack (some from cowardice after the initial attack and others from injury during it) would follow the lead of Warper after receiving a magical call to action conjuring a ever growing amount of banishments towards the orb. The shields and point defense of the Octavian fleet were holding for the most part keeping the large majority of projectiles out and those that did hit were promptly blocked. The magicons were less lucky however as some of them were hit sending them teleporting behind the lines to await their healerbots' aid throwing whatever spells-usually on the weaker side- they could at the magical entity that had injured them.

As its barrage of gunfire met the Octavians’ defences, the vessel’s approach shifted. Though it would inevitably end up pushing through via sustained fire given enough time, that would be woefully inefficient - and besides, the mounting pressure from the repeated banishment spells was beginning to chip away at its defences. And so, the obvious solution was to simply dodge the spells. Not in any conventional direction, of course - rather, it moved out. A minute blip in the fabric of space, and it was gone. Were an insufficiently-advanced observer to witness the scene, it would have appeared as though the Magicons had succeeded in their attack. Yet this ostensible success was not to last. Less than an instant later, there was another blip - then another, then another still. Repeating a total of forty-one times, all spaced apart at temporal intervals almost too small to measure - and all manifesting directly over the Octavian fleet, as the vessel materialised and exited in impossibly rapid succession inside its frontline of battleships and battlecruisers. The twenty massive Annihilators were reduced to ruined husks, each one bearing a single hole, hundreds of metres across, splitting its hull in half. Yet it did not stop there; now nowhere near the assorted wreckage it had left, it appeared once again at the very back of the formation, at virtually point-blank range - astronomically speaking - from the damaged Magicons seeking respite. As before, its shape was that of a curved wall, entirely covered in gun batteries. And, yet again, it immediately opened fire, releasing volley after relativistic volley at the robots before it.

Warper looked back in equal measures of fear and amazement. This...this thing was a being of immense magical power and if he could tame or even harness the power of one the Deception Empire would be powerful beyond belief...maybe the Empire would even be under his command… Before Warper could formulate his plans about overthrowing Megatron by subjugating this entity he had to actually go about the process of surviving it. Stretching his magical influence across the planes he looked past the shield of the object and took on the work of banishing its very being. Some of his magicon allies joined him in this endeavor while others would work on keeping the vessel still and defenseless manifesting chains imbued with the essence of reality as portals opened in the blackness of space the bright, radiant, blue contrasting with the dark colors all around the system. While flashy these otherworldly chains would not only restrain the enemy but also work as a form of reality enforcement.

Some of the magicons behind the Octavian ships threw up magical shields the second they saw the Battleships go down mostly comprising the more cowardly magicons who jumped back without major injuries while others continued to throw spells at it before they were cut down by the projectiles flung at them. Those who were shielded would maintain their shields with everything they had in them fighting for survival as thousands of projectiles pelleted their magic shields. The smaller Octavian ships would begin aiming their fire, shooting around the reality empowering chains into their target to keep it occupied. The entire group hoped that this would be enough to at least damage it, and if they are lucky, to kill it.

The chain barrier appeared to work. While the torrent of shells still passed through the physical gaps in the structure, with the entity inside twisting and bending its shape to ensure that none of its fire was blocked by its restraints, it did not move beyond the reality-enforcement field that the chains projected. As the Magicons repeatedly sent their banishment spells at it, their protective barriers shuddering under the impact of its seemingly endless volleys, the warped, amorphous thing within the chains appeared to pulsate with each cast, as though responding to damage. Though the banishments appeared to be met with resistance as before, they were at least having an effect - seeing this, the Magicons heightened their efforts, invigorated by the prospect of their attempts finally making progress.

In the meantime, a small appendage emerged from the object’s “hull” - if naval analogies were to be considered working descriptors of the entity - and rapidly extended, snaking its way up to a gap in the chains. The distorted field around it faded towards its extremity, which would have shown up on the appropriate sensors as a rather mundane lump of matter - though its material composition remained highly unusual, that was about as far as its peculiarity went. No spatial distortion, no reality rending; such abnormalities had seemingly been made inert. Like a larva emerging from a honeycomb, it slithered its way through the gap, sticking its now perfectly reality-adherent “head” into the open space outside. As an increasing amount of it was swiftly funneled through, it wasted no time to resume its attack - with the portion of its mass that had escaped confinement immediately regaining its then-disabled properties, it slithered outwards at blinding speed, maintaining a small, physically-conventional section on itself to pass through the reality-enforcement field until its entire mass was free to move once more. Yet again, it vanished into nothingness - upon reemerging, turning a nearby Octavian corvette into a cloud of debris as it materialised within its hull, it assumed a form vaguely akin to that of a branching ribbon worm, its serpentine “body” splitting up into a growing number of fractal tendrils. Tendrils which, of course, were covered in their entirety by bristling weapon arrays. Snaking their way around the Magicons like the roots of a strangler fig, they erupted anew into a ceaseless storm of projectiles.

Panic spread as this black monster once again got around the plans of the magicons and then went on to let out a volley which would critically injure, if not straight up killing many of those magicons who had begun to do some real damage to it. As Warper raised his magic shield his mind went through any option which may be able to stop it's rampage before he had an idea which he would magically transmit to his fellow magicians. Summoning more of the Chains of Primus they would begin to wrap around the orb but instead of opting to send an ever increasing numbers of chains around it, refusing to stop until every inch of the thing was covered in the chains radiating a bright blue glow. Meanwhile a few of the weaker and severely injured magicons tried to preoccupy the orb with banishment.

In the process of creating the chains a few magicons had their shields fall from the severe draining of their Mana generators and were stabbed by one of the orbs many projectiles striking down more of the magicons leaving their cybertronian bodies drifting through space. They were ignored however, there was still a battle at hand and the celebration or mourning over the deaths of friends and rivals would have to wait. As the chains continued to stretch the chains around the orb would begin to compress themselves if the maneuver was allowed to continue. If all went according to plan the eldritch creature would be crushed by the reality enforcing chains while it was also being banished on the inside of the mounting mass of blue.

Amidst the chatter and buzz of the Initiative FC information freeway, in a sea of thoughts and voices...

"Shipkeeper"...

..."Calabresi speaking"...

..."interlopers"...

"Reality enforcement"...

..."Passing"

..."Better safe than sorry"...

"Moving to intercept"...

"Lévesque my dear, would you mind taking us closer?"

The soft whir of the destroyer's Vector propulsion drive, the faint Extradimensional whispers in the background as more and more siphon units spun up. The absence of any and all sound as the Mann lazily drifted away from its minuscule escort. Sleepily, the Hermes class destroyer tucked its outer fins into its hull, the surfaces melting and twisting components through the body of the ship as the VGH did its work. The destroyer's central sensor bulb retracted and blended into its own housing module, forming a seawater blue inkspot on the face of its host. With a thunderous crack, the entire volume of the spacecraft had formed a sickle-like shape, hundreds of kilometers across if such measurements could even be applied to something so heretical to standard geometry.

A momentary silence before the flaming crescent of scarlet red exploded, yet in only one direction, upwards.

As the resurfacing Mann aligned with the dimensional axes of Realspace, its form crashed from sub-channel to coherent space not in a singular instance but thousands if not millions. The Mann did not discriminate, it did not care who was winning or who had a backup fleet, all the destroyer saw from its Extraspatial hiding hole was a gang of synthetics and arcane trying to pop a particular spheroid that was deemed interesting. Calabresi was not a woman of inaction. Inaction got fleets blown up and orbs stolen away. This particular mindset would be the reason why both Magicon and Octavian ship alike would quickly find a salvo's worth of very fast, very durable, and very heavy "chunks" of a generation 6 Initiative guided missile destroyer on a collision course with just about anything they found vital in the form of tiny vicious spears. The perfect amount of kinetic force to lop off heads and bridges with a little extra just to be safe. An unconventional approach yes, but preferrable to simply atomizing the galactic arm with anything bigger than a 700mm.
Last edited by Synne Industries on Fri Jul 17, 2020 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hi, it's been a while. If you're seeing this then it means what I'm working on is not quite done yet. You can still read my old stuff but it's probably not canon anymore. I'll try to get something up soon. It may or may not involve wizards.

The Auraverse
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Auraverse » Mon Jul 13, 2020 8:15 am

|Near-Surface Aux-Processing Layer|

The minuscule Corde-slice tasked with tracking the orbs had come to a brief logical impasse - its current objective of passive observation was quickly proving unworkable. On one hand, the object of interest was in the process of providing valuable combat data. On the other, the modosophonts it had come up against were demonstrating some decidedly unexpected, if still laughably primitive, offensive measures - its continued integrity wasn't statistically guaranteed. And, when given the choice between preserving either side, simple logic pointed towards the value of the orb's continued existence and function, over a polity whose communications and means of achieving practically everything already lay within arm's reach. More data, more variety...

A decision was reached. And cemented by the activity of a second, as-of-yet conclusively unidentified observer, who seemed to have arrived at a similar conclusion. A simple bitstring, packaged and relayed out through the snaking byways of foldspace.

|✧|Octavian Space|✧|
|Unnamed Colonial System|

The Eidolon dropped into realspace without much fanfare whatsoever. The typical flash of blue, the typical stance of immobile observation. Until, of course, it caught its bearings - a moment later, the statuesque construct raised its arm, pointing it in the vague direction of the nearest Magicon vessel cluster. Octavian vessels were ignored, for the moment - after all, they seemed to pose little threat to the object of this defensive maneuver.

It would take a while for the Magicons to take note of the oddly-shaped chunk of matter that seemed to be headed for their ships. If it indeed was matter - the five-pronged thing didn't seem to possess a gravitational signature of any kind, though its possession of mass would soon be cemented without question. Closer and closer it crept, prompting conflicting sensor readings. Was it moving towards them, or growing larger? Perhaps both?

Sensor officers began to worry when they estimated its size to dwarf their own ships by several orders of magnitude. They began to worry far more vigorously when its apparent position within the system failed to line up with its apparent dimensions.

The real panic only started when the five alabaster-white fingers of the monstrous, half-system-wide hand sped past the ships. And stopped. And began to close.

Hub Page

Gladian Imperium
Secretary

Postby Gladian Imperium » Mon Jul 13, 2020 5:48 pm

Encounter with the Orb

Just as "Retz" vanished, the Walls of Iron's bridge lit up in purple. "We have contacts, Warmaster." the Sensor Operator called out. Reattaching his helmet, Lutherus mentally called up his Command Throne, settling into it as various mechanical appendages attached into ports in his suit. "Composition?" He responded, reading the resulting text. 140+ ships, 20 Capitals, Octavian and Decepticon, current distance 1.5 light-minutes. Drafting up the appropriate orders, his commands funneled into the Gladian Dreadnought, and then sent out across the entire fleet. At the moment, only the massive 3000mm guns were able to engage, but that was enough.

Gunnery Deck, IWS Mountain King

"Bridge to Gunnery, Arm the 3000s, I repeat, arm all 3000s. Load with the Fusion Shells and make your shots count, keep the Worldbreakers On-Rack in case we need em."
At this command, the gunnery crew of the Mountain King leapt to life. Switches were flipped, commands typed, and the massive cannons of the battleship came to life, swinging free of their idle positions and aiming their massive, ringed accelerators towards the Octavian Fleet. A scant few seconds later, they opened fire, hurling multi-gigaton shells downrange at 80% the speed of light, firing another salvo merely five seconds later. The rest of the veritable menagerie of guns stirred, shaking off the metaphorical cobwebs of the many years they spent without being used, warming up sensors and spinning accelerators in preparation for oncoming attacks.

IWS Blazing Cosmos, Bridge

The massive Arsenal Barge moved slowly, silently. Even as countless missiles, each one with the power to destroy an entire world, slid into their silos, the Arsenal Barge moved cautiously. Within her bridge, her skeletal crew operated several consoles, monitoring the battle. At a moment's notice from Warmaster Lutherus, she could unleash an entire salvo, powerful enough to hopefully obliterate any potential attackers.

Across the Fleet

The vessels of the 800th Armada, Outnumbering the Octavians and Decepticons by a wide margin, began to advance. Closing the range slowly even as their most massive guns fired away, Arsenal barges slotted missiles into silos, Carriers picked their targets, and the space around the closing vessels began to shimmer and distort as their layered Aegis Shields came into play. Most strangely, though...the ships seemed to adopt a reflective "sheen", and their appearances seemed to...almost harden. Whatever this strange mechanism was, its purpose had yet to be revealed.

Ridley's Rest, Warmind Battlespace

"Heads up, enemy has activated some form of fabrication-APS."

"Acknowledged, switching to-ah, shit shit shit shit!"

"Hostile strike craft surrounding, most likely attempting to overload Aegis. OJA, care to cover a retreat?"

"Very well, preparing Displacement Charges. .1 Picosecond Delays, so get out of there asap."

"Aye, engaging Drives."

"And we're out"

"Charges away, detonation complete. That should throw them off."

After about a minute of being surrounded, the Warminds had jumped away, massive flashes of thousands of Exatonnes worth of tnt taking their place in an attempt to clear out the Visoran fighters. Having hopefully jumped to a safe distance away from the battle and within the bowels of One Jump Ahead, their battlespace conversation continued.

"So, any ideas for defeating that shield?"

"Well, there are the Phase Torpedoes and Displacement Charges. Care to switch to those?"

"....Y'know, that's a good idea. Switching Fabricator templates. OJA, you cover the Charges."

"Understood. Good luck out there."

"Jumping back in 3...2...1"

As the Warminds jumped back to the battle, the network of disruptor missiles around the station had begun to die down, but were reinvigorated by their return. However, instead of firing their normal beams at the shield they launched a barrage of large missiles that seemed to...implode, folding inwards and shrinking in a display of warped space and non-euclidean geometry In reality, each missile had...removed itself from existence, severing from reality in an isolated bubble that nonetheless used the surrounding spacetime fabric for "traction" as they moved rapidly, the shadowy figures of mass signatures sweeping through them as the invisible, intangible missiles phased straight through the barrier and into the general vicinity-and at some points inside of-octavian vessels, before exiting their isolated bubbles. This had two effects. Firstly, anything near where they exited was suddenly "pushed" by the instant inflation of the surrounding space, most definitely causing localized, yet severe, structural damage if the missiles disengaged their phase drives while close to ships or fighters. Secondly, those missiles detonated, showering the area with thirty multi-teraton explosions.

As if that was not enough, One Jump Ahead performed another sweep of Displacement Charges, sending thousands of exatonnes of firepower sweeping across the Octavian fleet in a wave of light, avoiding the Sword due to concerns of friendly fire.

The Stormrider

A shadowy, barely-visible pseudopod slithered out of the Figure's mask, reaching into the tea cup before them and greedily conveying the liquid within into the mask's "mouth". At Brobarious' words, a barely-audible chuckle escaped it, before it turned to face the pontiff once discussion had died down. "The good Countess never pretended she wasn't inhuman, Pontiff. And you would do well to learn hypocrisy, "Inhuman"." The figure stated, the last vestiges of feedstock slithering into its mouth.

Paraoon

Initially, the Warminds had performed somewhat well. Using drunkwalk algorithms, they managed to avoid being hit by the Caster Rounds for a few minutes, accelerating in random directions and trajectories while taking potshots whenever they could. Until, that is, Hippity Hoppity was struck by one of the Caster Rounds. Having adapted to their patterns, the WK had focused down on the Mark VIII, and struck it with a single blast. The entire left side of the vessel disintegrated, and in short order the massive ship vanished off to some remote region of interstellar space, vanishing in a massive explosion.

If only death was so simple for Hippity Hoppity himself.

"Shit, my hull's down, losing coherence."

"Like hell you are Hoppy, latch on!"

"MARSL, I can't, my comps are gone."

"Hoppy, stay with us, don't you DARE die on me."

"I'm afraid I can't, my transmitter's starting to go dark, I'm losing focus on y'all."

"Hop...please."

"I'm afraid this may be my last transmission. Ol' Reliable, do you copy?"

"...I do, Hop, what is it."

"Tell Sasha what happened. Tell the kids to be good. And kick that giant nanotech balloon's ass for me, you hear?"

"Yeah. I hear. See you later, old friend."

Unfortunately, Hippity Hoppity wouldn't hear that last transmission-his own transmitter had been broken down by the ravages of Subspace, and his main processing core would come next. He already felt his memories becoming hazy, slipping away through his metaphorical fingers as more and more data was corrupted by the encroaching chaos. He tried to focus on the ones that mattered...the face of his wife and children...the orbital he was born on...but it all faded away nonetheless.
Nothing but blackness, and Hippity Hoppity accepted his fate.

Millions of lightyears and an entire universe away from home, the Mark VIII Warmind "Hippity Hoppity" was declared...KIA.

The response from the Warminds was swift and brutal. Bringing thousands of Gravitic Railguns to bear, each one programmed to fabricate and fire hundreds of Worldbreaker Shells per burst, they unloaded everything they had into the WK, caring not for any attention or repercussions the attack may draw, wanting to avenge their fallen comrade, and honor his dying wish. The term "Worldbreaker" was misleading for these 3000mm shells. They contained the power to scorch entire solar systems clean of life, delicately engineered and tailored to confine their blasts to a relatively tiny 10 kilometer diameter sphere, in order to avoid unfortunate celestial consequences.
Last edited by Gladian Imperium on Tue Jul 14, 2020 10:39 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents