NATION

PASSWORD

Irpan Descends into Civil War (Closed/GO Only)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Irpan
Attaché

Founded: Mar 07, 2020
Ex-Nation

Irpan Descends into Civil War (Closed/GO Only)

Postby Irpan » Sat Apr 18, 2020 8:09 am

Irpan City the Imperial Palace

The hour was late and Field Marshal Markus was not a happy man. He had been awoken at this late hour given very little information only told to make his way to the Imperial Palace immediately. He had reached the palace ten minutes ago and was now being led through the halls of the palace by a young Imperial Guardsmen who was looking very nervous with his M16. He came to the Imperial Lounge a room he had been in before as head of the Military he had been privy to private time with the Emperor Nigel Jonathan and had been in the palace when word of the Shapeshte insurrection had come in.

The room was a mess as the Field Marshal stepped inside the table in the centre of the room was over turned. The couches were burnt and poked with bullet holes and in the middle of the room the Emperor and his family lay dead. "Shit." He swore under his breath as the Emperors head of Bodyguards Colonel Lewis Ortego came over. "Nasty business sir." He reported curtly to the Field Marshal. The Field Marshal was speechless he had been with the Emperor only six hours previously discussing the Brotherhood of Sacred Flame issue, but now. It didn't seem right. "The Brotherhood?" Markus asked looking at Colonel Ortego. Ortego breathed out a heavy sigh before he answered, "No. We killed most of them, but we captured one. He's a talkative chappy. Seems the communist threat has returned to Irpan. He says within three hours our garrisons in the Northern Cities will rebel and join the communist cause and capture the north for the proletariat."
"If that is true they will be within striking distance of the Capital. Our forces are deployed containing the Brotherhood in their small insurrection sites. This is terrible." Understatement of the decade thought Markus as he spoke. He knew this was a shit show and nothing could fix it.

The word soon reached Field Marshal Markus, as he sat in the Emperors office trying to cobble together some sort of response, that the Emperors brother Liam and sister Natalie and their families had also been murdered. As the sun rose over Irpan City he knew what he had to do. It would cost him a lot, maybe even his life, but he had to do it. The press conference started in two hours he needed to get himself brought together. As he was working on his speech Ortego came in and handed him a report, "The Garrisons have rebelled we've lost the north." Ortego said plainly. Markus threw his pen and watched it smash into a million pieces against the wall. "We have to declare war on these rebels.We have to annihilate the Brotherhood and we need to find an heir. For now I will declare the Parliament of the 22 States disbanded and the military in control for the duration of the crisis. It's shit but it's the best shit we got for now." Markus spoke quickly and Ortego nodded.

Two hours later, Imperial Palace, Press Conference Room 4

Markus walked into the room filled with reporters and groaned, there were about thirty people in that room from all the major news networks and papers. This was going to be interesting. He walked onto the stage and tapped the microphone to get everyones attention. "Ladies and Gentlemen I have to deliver a short message, there will be no questions today, but our intention is to hold weekly press conferences from now on till the end of the crisis our nation has found itself in. I am sure by now people are waking up and hearing the news of the loss of the Ten Northern Cities to a rebellion. This rebellion has come at an inopportune time as we have three parts of the nation currently under control of a terrorist cult as well. Our military is stretched, but I don't want people to panic. As of now I am activating all reserve troops. Reserve officers and soldiers should report to their stations to be enlisted. Anyone avoiding this call up will be placed in prison for three years no discussion. We are not considering a draft at this moment, but it is still on the table. Ladies and Gentlemen, his Royal Highness Emperor Nigel Jonathan and his entire family have been assassinated by the northern rebels. With no direct heir currently known the Parliament of 22 States is to be disbanded and the nation placed under military rule for the duration of this crisis. Once the crisis is over I will..." Markus trailed off. The wall of TVs on one side of the room had started to flicker to life and soon Ortego was shouting, "SIR! We have a broadcast from Sargot, the rebels are broadcasting."

The whole room turned to look at the TV and saw the face of an old but familiar face. Minister Cedric had been a hard leftist in the parliament of 22 leading to his dismissal some years prior. His extensive military service and also his dedication to getting better treatment for the armed forces had led him to become very popular in the military. "Hello people of Irpan. My brothers and sisters, the Emperor is dead! We have shaken the shackles of our oppression from our bodies. In the Northern Cities we have liberated the people," The screen flicked to sights of parading soldiers and waving red flags. "Those who would oppose us have been removed and now the people will rule. Beware the central Steppe and the southern coast, we are coming to liberate you to and any who resist will suffer." With that the screen went blank and Ortego turned the screen off once more.
"That is the end of the press conference!" Markus said and left the room amid the yelled questions of the gathered Press.

Irpan has reached a dark time, Civil War is upon it, how will it end?

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:11 am

The Northern City of Khudan, The New Communist Capital

Cedric was a simple man with simple desires. Power was his main one but he had also a great love of his people and the people had a great love for him. He had been running a shadow government under the noses of the central government for about three years and the sudden rising of the Brotherhood had only strengthen the resolve of the Communists to take power and liberate Irpan from its cycles of destruction. 17 Emperors in 20 years that was not a stable system of government that was insanity of trying to maintain an outdated and obviously unstable Imperial Line. He had as much respect for the Great Khan as the next one, any Irpanese who didn't like their history was a fool. But it was time for change.

As the camera turned off and the broadcaster smiled at his new leader Cedric felt a sense of calm. "So Debra how long till our troops are in a position to attack the capital?" He asked his assistant who looked at him with admiration. She flicked through several notes on the desk in front of her whilst Cedric stood up and walked over to her. "One week sir." She replied. Cedric was shocked it had taken them three hours to kill the Imperial family and take over the Northern Cities but one week to launch an attack? "Explain." he said simply looking at Debra.
"Well sir the resources needed to launch an invasion are a lot more than we need to secure the Northern Cities. The expenditure of loyalist troops as well and the time we need to fully cleanse the cities of those loyal to the Empire are going to take time from us as well. One week is the optimistic forecast from the military leads." She explained nervously looking at her leader and worried he might explode in anger. But he didn't he just calmly nodded and headed back to his desk whilst the camera crew continued to pack up there equipment and head out of the room. "Is our Air Force operational?" He asked looking at Debra who winced.
"No Sir, sadly the Air Force planes that were stationed in the north have fled south with all speed upon hearing of our revolution." Now Cedric got mad. He banged his hands on the desk and yelled an Irpanese curse.

Amog, Southern City under occupation of Brotherhood of the Sacred Flame

Sergeant Timothy Andersen was not happy. He looked at the TV and could hardly believe the words he was hearing. A staunch royalist he was shocked to learn that his beloved Emperor was dead. He wanted to head north as soon as he could but he had business to attend to here first. Amog was occupied by the Brotherhood of the Sacred Flame and its people were suffering a hard life under their rule. His unit was currently sat in an apartment block they had cleared the night before and were awaiting their orders for the current day. He was angry at the news but knew he had a job to do so he started waking his men and getting his gear together for the day.

Three hours later and Andersen and his squad were on patrol once moving through the city clearing building after building. 10,000 men were doing the exact same thing as his squad at the moment searching the city for any cultists who wanted to fight. As Andersen walked he heard something hit the ground behind him. "GRENADE!" he shouted and dove for cover like the rest of his squad as the fragmentation grenade exploded. He felt the shrapnel fly over him and then heard the sound of the bullets filling the air. "Another day in the army." He thought as he began to fire back.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Mon Apr 20, 2020 6:40 am

Temple Prime, Amog, Southern City Occupied by Brotherhood of Sacred Flame

Amog had been the starting ground. Everyone pointed to Shapeshte the original insurrection against the Irpan government, but the movement had started here in Amog. It was here the Temple Prime had been established by Jericho and his four apprentices. He had come and spoken on the Silver Mountain that rises high above the city and in the shadow of that mountain he had built his temple. Now his temple was under siege and he wasn't happy with the news being told to him by his messenger. "My lord Jericho the Emperor is dead. The north has risen under the red banner and the people of the north declare their allegiance to it." The young man was on his knees in front of Jerichos desk in his office. The four apprentices were stood behind him looking at the messenger as well. "Go and spread the news of the False Emperors downfall my son." Jericho orders and watches as the apprentice gets up and leaves the room bowing as he left.

Jericho watched as the Four walked round from behind him and took their seats in front of his desk. "I will offer peace to the Reds." He says simply placing his hand on his desk. The Four nod at his words, "They may have the North if they will give me the south. This war is just beginning my friends, our children are being killed in great numbers but soon we will show the enemy the error of his ways. Are the men prepared for the offensive?" He looks at the Third, his military commander.
"Yes my Lord Jericho. All the supplies are in place and the troops in all three southern cities are ready to launch their attack when the order is given." The Third responded. Jericho nodded. "Then I will address the people and send a messenger to the Reds, I wish them to know my offer of peace in exchange for the south." The Fourth apprentice, the Messenger, nodded and left the room.

Every TV set in Amog, Gorod and Harrow the three cities occupied by the Brotherhood of Sacred Flame began to play a great orchestral tune. Sets in other cities tuned into the 10 o'clock News found their broadcast interrupted:

"Brothers and sisters of Irpan. The news has reached me of the fall of the False Emperor Nigel Jonathan and his corrupted line. I bring the word of peace for today our forces begin an offensive to crush the Imperialist forces in the south and news has reached me of the uprising in the north of the Reds. I bring an offer of peace to the North you leave us we will leave you. Our offensives objective is to break out of our encirclement's today and make the way north to Irpan City. Once there we will crush all who resist and build a mighty new temple to God. Peace is coming my people be prepared for the way of God!

The broadcast then ended.

Irpan City, Imperial Palace, 1030am

Field Marshal Markus had reached a difficult decision and now he was listening to the phone dial. The phone dialed and dialed for what seemed ages till finally a voice answered it. "Hello Markus." The voice of Minister turned leader Cedric filled the phone ear piece and Markus nearly swore at his cheerful demeanor. "Hello Cedric. I was wondering if you would be interested in a truce?" The Field Marshal hoped he managed to get his voice to sound polite but he knew he was struggling with talking to the man who had just killed his Emperor. "A truce?" The smile was evident in Cedrics voice and Markus wanted to slap him through the phone. "I take it the Brotherhood is giving you trouble?"
"Yes they're giving me fucking trouble! Now listen I won't fight you, the North holds very little strategic value to us here in the south if I give you free passage to the ports and secure food shipments will you give me peace till I defeat the Brotherhood and then I'll give you a fair fight!" Markus broke his voice was fused with anger and venom at the other man. "Now, now, try to keep calm Field Marshal. I'm sure you saw the broadcast from Jericho? Well I'll take peace with you both and see who we face later. Good bye." Before Markus could reply Cedric hung up the phone.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Wed Apr 22, 2020 8:12 am

Jericho's Downfall

The mass offensive had secured the south coast and the East coast now the Government was cut off from all of the shore lines and trapped in a slowly shrinking pocket. The truce between the Brotherhood and the Communist North had been made into an official treaty that now said the south of the country would fall under the control of the Brotherhood of the Sacred Flame and the Northern Ten Cities would fall under rule of the Communists for twenty five years but after that the border could be hot and war could begin between the two sides.

Jericho was happy with his armies progress they had driven the Imperial forces from everywhere they had been besieging them and now the country was mostly theirs. All that remained was to strike for Irpan City and secure what little Imperial territory was left for the Brotherhood. He had decided to give a speech that day but as he walked out onto the stage he fell. The sound of the bullet followed soon after then the firefight started. Jericho had decided to give his speech twenty three miles south of Irpan city in the town of Harrogate and was shocked when the bullet hit him. He was soon surrounded by his Apprentices and a medic had come to him whilst the battle raged around him. The forces of the Imperial Government now led by Field Marshall Markus had launched an attack on Harrogate and their infil point had been at right where Jericho was giving his speech.

The attack was foiled by the Brotherhoods superior numbers, but they had achieved an even better goal. Jericho was dead.

Irpan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Irpan » Tue Apr 28, 2020 2:32 pm

Harrogate Town on the road to Irpan City, Three days after Jerichos death

The war had ground to a halt. The armies of the Brotherhood of Sacred Flame had fallen into traps across the country and been pushed back from the capital on all fronts but one. Where Jericho had fallen had become a shrine for the Brotherhood and the Four apprentices of the Brotherhood, who were now leading the brotherhood of their master. We struck by the enormity of their task.

In a small room in the local church, which was the only building not to be shelled, the Four met. They talked quietly for fear of being over heard but already the strain was showing, "It's been three days since Jericho fell and two weeks since we started our offensive. Our forces are stalled and the men grow tired of war." The Third said. He had been the military commander under Jericho and now he led the faithful's armies in the wake of their Prophets death. The Fourth, First and Second were still scrabbling to bring their wings of the Brotherhood under their full control. Possible civil war between some factions who saw the Prophets death as a sign to quit and turn to more violent pursuits and those dedicated to Jerichos vision in the southern cities were looming and had also drawn troops away from the offensive on the capital. "Brothers, I see no other pursuit we must attack." The First looked at his three brothers and they all sighed."
"If we attack we will lose. We must dig in and prepare our forces for the city fighting. Regroup and push from a position of strength for now we hold the only viable road south to Temple Prime. The False Rulers Air Force can continue to strike us and their artillery continue to shell our positions but if we dig deep enough they can't destroy us." The Third replied to his over eager brother. The Fourth and the Second both nodded agreement to this. The First looked angry, "My Troops will not be 'digging in' you can either join us on the offensive or watch from the side lines." He nearly yelled the words at his Brothers but the Third simply stood up. He was the tallest of the Apprentices by about a full foot and was an ex special forces soldier built of muscle. "Your men will be going south to quell the revolts Brother. I propose you go with them to cool off." The First went to respond, but he didn't. He knew when he was beat he simply turned and left the room.

Irpan City, Imperial Palace

Field Marshal Markus stood on the balcony of the palace looking out over the city. He had turned this city into a fortress and everyday his garrison grew as survivors of the Eastern and Southern fighting flocked to the city. He would soon have 120,000 men of the Imperial Army in the city with him and another 20,000 in reserve in hastily erected military bases on the outskirts. No way the Brotherhood could break his lines now and he was planning to go on the offensive. He knew the hope of liberating the whole country was lost but if he could secure the capital he could wait for help to arrive from abroad. But so far no help had been seen to be coming. He was afraid no-one knew of the plight of his late Emperors plight, or the plight of Irpan. But he pushed aside this fear. He was assured that world must know of the Irpan descent into chaos he had seen his nations own international news crew on the city blocks a few times in the past few days, but today was not the day to worry about that. Today he had another matter to attend to.

The Imperial Palace had its own chapel and it was here where the TV crews were gathered. The Emperor Nigel Jonathan shared the same birthday as Field Marshal Markus and the emperor would have turned fifty two days ago just as Markus had. Now the Ritual of the Burning Coal had to be honoured even in wartime. Even with the Brotherhood bastardizing it and turning it into a punishment it still needed to be upheld by good honest Irpanese. The priest was stood by the altar where a small coal fire had been erected. Markus was no coward and he felt he had sinned heavily in his life so he was going for the ultimate burning. He walked to the altar the cameras panning to follow him, his image being broadcast into every home in Free Irpan, and several in the occupied zones. He stood by the Altar as the priest spoke a few simple words of his own choosing and then Markus watched as the Priest pulled out two pieces of coal, "Hold out your hands Brother Markus." He said softly and Markus held out both his hands palm upwards and open. The coals immediately burnt as they touched his skin but Markus wasn't done by just having the coals on his palms he needed to make a fist. He did so and held the coals for the twenty seconds of the ritual and then twenty more. He dropped them in and the priest inspected his hands, "You are cleansed!" He declared. The chapel burst into cheers.

Return to International Incidents