NATION

PASSWORD

Mokovi Cold War [TWI ONLY | IC | SEMI OPEN]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Havalland
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:35 pm

Elizabeth was happy that Ivan was feeling better about this but Leon had to speak about the Havallish plan.
“A large portion of the army is on standby training for the moment we arrived, this won’t just be a Havallish volunteer force we are even going to experiment with our secret weapons we are ready to go when the time is right”
This is almost a full on invasion.
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Tue Oct 27, 2020 7:58 pm

Girgol Kardakaldze: "I of course request that shortly before the invasion is to begin, Havalland withdraws all support, military or otherwise, to the Trosrod Host. As the Tsardom is the only legitimate government of Mokov, all other 'states' that have risen up during the civil war are to be henceforth considered states in revolt. Is that agreeable?"
What am I even doing with my life

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Wed Oct 28, 2020 12:35 am

“We actually had an idea for that, we have enough soldiers to apprehend the tosrod leaders and spin a story about them surrendering to kalintov to maybe persuade them into joining the side of the Tsar, we’ve had a few people sewing monarchist sympathies in their ranks, we weren’t just spying on Kalintov, even if there is resistance we will have the technology advantage, time to bring mokovs military into the 21st century” Leon said suggesting a plan to modernize the loyalists
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Wed Oct 28, 2020 2:07 am

Grigol Kardakaldze:"We have been discussing modernization plans for quite some time, so your plan there lines up perfectly. I would suggest a modification for your plan to neutralize the Trosrod Host. My men back in Mokov have amassed quite a substantial amount of arms and uniforms from the Grey Legion, as the fascists are quite incompetent. Perhaps we could use those to stage a border clash in order to draw Bohdan Federov's forces to the area, supported by a Havallish army. That army will of course turn on Federov as soon as battle is joined, and once he has been captured, the Host's surrender and integration can be forced. I knew Federov back when he was little more than a cavalry officer in the Royal Army, and I know that he cannot restrain himself from rushing into combat. Conveniently for this plan, his hometown of Grazilik is near the MDR-Trosrod border."
As he speaks, Kardakaldze produces a map of Mokov, and outlines the suggested border clash area in red pen.

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:34 am

“We can do that just give me the word and this whole thing can begin”
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Wed Oct 28, 2020 1:10 pm

Grigol Kardakaldze:"As soon as the feast is concluded, I can signal my men to begin the plan. I suggest that you have your army get to Mokov before I do that,"

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Wed Oct 28, 2020 3:40 pm

Leon nods your his head servant, something Ivan might know is the staff of the palace are the eyes and ears of Leon, the head servant would notify a knight this set the wheels in motion.
“And just like that we will be mobilized within the hour”
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:56 pm

Grigol Kardkaladze: "Wonderful. Now, let us enjoy the food and drink."

(Time skip to the beginning of the operation?)

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Wed Oct 28, 2020 4:58 pm

(Yeah)
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Wed Oct 28, 2020 6:59 pm

Bohdan Federov, First Hetman of the Trosrod Host was not a politician by any means. First coming to prominence as a cavalry officer during the 2012 Anti-Monarchy Riots, the man who would go on to found the Trosrod Host was swiftly promoted to Brigadier General. One trait that any who worked with him always remembered was his hot headed nature. This hot headedness was what caused him to personally lead his troops into battle when the forces of the MDR suddenly attacked his hometown. Thanks in part to the oil shortage on the island, and in part to the shocking backwardness of the Mokovī military on all sides, the Host's large use of traditional cavalry continues to be effective.

When Federov's forces come within ten kilometers of Grazilik, he orders them to make camp, and calls the commander of the Havallish army to his command tent to discuss strategy.

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Wed Oct 28, 2020 8:46 pm

Commander Lucas entered the tent with two other soldiers as he normally did to discuss the strategy.
“Time to make a move then Federov?”
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Wed Oct 28, 2020 9:24 pm

Bohdan Federov: "Those bastards have taken my hometown. I will take it back. My cavalry will charge their lines, and once we have broken through your infantry will widen the gap. Artillery will not be used, as I want to retake my home, not level it to the ground. Do you understand my orders?"

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Wed Oct 28, 2020 10:10 pm

“Loud and clear sir I’ll get the transports ready.” He said though understanding what is about to happen he felt abut excited
Within a few minutes the troops were ready to roll out.
Last edited by Havalland on Thu Oct 29, 2020 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:08 pm

Federov leaves the command tent to go prepare his personal cavalry unit. As Lucas looks at the strategy map, a large, bearded man he recognizes as Colonel Gavrili Maximov enters. The Colonels are the elected officers who make up the rest of the government of the Trosrod Host, just under the Hetman.
    Gavrili Maximov: "I know of the planned betrayal of the Hetman. Know that my men will be with you when you do it. For the Tsar!"
With that, he walks back out of the command tent, leaving Lucas alone.

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:13 pm

Lucas smirked an evil twisted British smile before exiting and boarding an ACP “alright men let’s move out” he said as the trucks started moving out the Havallish preparing to betray the men they grew to know but they remember what they are fighting for.
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Thu Oct 29, 2020 8:51 pm

The order to begin the charge comes shortly after Lucas boards his vehicle. Grazilik is a small town, not built to withstand an assault. The 'MDR' troops have dug a trench around the town, with twenty machine gun emplacements all along it. As soon as the cavalry, led by Federov, get within range, all hell breaks loose. In just the first round of fire, half of Federov's men have fallen, but during the brief period that the firing stops, so the soldiers can reload, Federov's cossacks cover the remaining ground. The charge is stopped dead when the 'MDR' troops raise up a series of sharpened stakes, threatening to impale any rider that gets too close. It is at this moment, where Federov and his men are sandwiched between the 'MDR' forces and the Havallish infantry, that a single, bright red flare is shot into the sky. The signal for the betrayal. Federov is totally ignorant of this fact, and continues to advance, looking for a gap in the stakes, not noticing a full third of his men, under the command of Colonel Gavrili Maximov, break away from the main body of his cavalry, and fall in with the Havallish.

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Thu Oct 29, 2020 9:00 pm

The Havallish infantry executed the order firing upon their new enemy while Lucas watched sipping his bourbon, the Havallish would take prisoners however but weren’t afraid to shoot as they blocked any escape.
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:02 pm

The effect was immediate. In the first ten seconds, more than a third of Federov's remaining men fall, never knowing the faces of their killers. At the same time, the Tsarist soldiers cast down the flag of the MDR and raise the Blue-White-Red of the Tsardom as they leap over the trench walls and charge. From the side, Maximov's cavalry sweep in, crashing into the battered Federov Loyalists like a deadly wave. Federov himself can be seen, his crimson cape flapping in the wind, swinging his saber left and right, killing an enemy soldier with each swipe. And then, just as he separates another Tsarist cossack's body from his head, there is a flash of gunpowder on the roof of a nearby house. Federov doubles over, his white tunic swiftly turning the same color as his cape. The Hetman lets out a choked scream, and falls from his horse. With the fall of their leader, the battle is over, and the remaining Loyalists throw down their arms and surrender.

Ten minutes after the surrender, a pair of medics carrying a stretcher, accompanied by a mustachioed officer, approach Lucas. Upon closer inspection, the man lying insensate on the stretcher is Bohdan Federov, a massive hole in his side, barely alive.
    Grigol Kardakaldze: "It is good to see you Comrade Lucas. As you can see, the former Hetman yet lives, and we shall ensure he continues to do so. The Trosrod Host is finished, thanks to your assistance. Please contact your superiors for me, so we may discuss the future of the invasion."

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:32 pm

“It’s already being done, we will have them on the line in an hour or so” Lucas said sipping his drink,.
“Do give them my apologies for the betrayal I quite liked some of them” he was sincere yet cold at the same time.
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:35 pm

Grigol Kardakaldze: "Only around a hundred loyalists survived. Most of them are in critical condition. I don't think they really care what you think. Understand that even I find what we have done distasteful, and had their been any other option I would have taken it. Betrayals are always tragedies, no matter the sides."

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Thu Oct 29, 2020 10:38 pm

“Yes quite, however we cannot risk them reorganizing” he said firmly knowing these people could try to fight again.
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:13 pm

Grigol Kardakaldze: "Let me reiterate; these loyalists were the LAST loyalists not under lock and key. Shortly after Federov left Ivanozavodsk, I had my agents within the Trosrod capital take action. A swift and violent coup resulted in the capture of all loyalist Colonels and other assorted officials that did not ride to battle with Federov. The blow against the Host was twofold, both on the battlefield, and on the homefront. Trosrod is truly no more."

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Thu Oct 29, 2020 11:56 pm

“Good now I’m sure my superiors would love to speak to you and discuss the invasion”
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Mokov
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Mokov » Fri Oct 30, 2020 12:07 am

Grigol Kardakaldze: "Come, I will speak with them in the command tent, away from prying ears."

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Fri Oct 30, 2020 10:27 am

“Of course” he said heading towards the command tent
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents