NATION

PASSWORD

The Magarati Succession Crisis (TWI ONLY | OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Athara Magarat
Minister

Founded: Oct 08, 2015
Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat May 16, 2020 5:34 pm

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=343508&p=37129238#p37129238

OOC, my aim was to appear so imperialistic that my own citizens in south rebel.

ICly, the AM gov is not withdrawing without any gains.
Proud Member of the The Western Isles.

Please read my dispatches regarding the context of the symbol on the flag.

What the symbol really is...

What my flag stands for...

And my IC constitution

Havalland
Envoy

Founded: May 27, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Sat May 16, 2020 8:37 pm

If AM doesn’t pull out I’m willing to start supporting the CCA and maybe even sending volunteers if I am permitted, but if the southern rebels are commies I’d have to be against them too.
This would be what I would do if I were to join the rp.
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Keomora
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 23, 2016
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun May 17, 2020 8:34 am

So I have an idea of bringing me in. But first I need to know is it a mandate or an actual country?
For Peace and Honor.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun May 17, 2020 8:41 am

Also I want to release a document describing how the CCA covered up human rights abuses so that the League didn’t know, including mini-ethnic cleansing, destruction of Kemori and other ethnic minorities cultural and religious sites, with perhaps and oppressive ruling minority, and the presence of certain non-nuclear WMD (this may become part of another RP).
For Peace and Honor.

Alteran Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alteran Republics » Sun May 17, 2020 4:27 pm

Keomora wrote:Also I want to release a document describing how the CCA covered up human rights abuses so that the League didn’t know, including mini-ethnic cleansing, destruction of Kemori and other ethnic minorities cultural and religious sites, with perhaps and oppressive ruling minority, and the presence of certain non-nuclear WMD (this may become part of another RP).

I like this idea, I like this idea a lot. It would equally give the rebuilding nations - Noronica, Altera, et al. - more of a mandate to rebuild the country as they clearly can't be trusted to do it themselves. Thinking of the Balkans in the 90s/00s.

Keomora wrote:So I have an idea of bringing me in. But first I need to know is it a mandate or an actual country?

From my understanding, it's a nation that's been forced into existence. It comprises mainly of AM territory seized after the IW; to weaken AM considerably and to create a buffer state between AM and Altera/Segentova.
The CCA, however, runs more like a corporation that runs a country; with the northern sectors influence heavily by Altera and Sege, whilst the south influenced by AM (nut reluctantly so - bitterness with AM has grown whilst the north accepted that Altera/Segen were good investors).

GOV.ALT
| Home | Overview | History | Economics | Government | Military | Language |
The Portal to the Alteran Intranet
Proud member of The Western Isles.
32 - M - Libertarian - Civil Servant

Alteran Republics
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Nov 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Alteran Republics » Sun May 17, 2020 4:35 pm

Another path this could go down, is that the CCA descends into civil war with several factions clambering for control:

> Pure independents
> Isolationists (the canal must go, it's been nothing but trouble!)
> Alteran/Segenovan loyalists (mainly in the north, both who want independence but influenced by AR/Seg, or indeed merge with the two nations)
> Imperialists (bring back the Empire!)
> AM loyalists (again, similar to AR/Seg loyalists, but south of the canal)

So either nations are forced to withdraw from CCA whilst a peacekeeping force assembled; in which time tempers flare in the power vacuum and the region descends into war. Alternatively, the civil war could flare up whilst the current forces or peacekeepers are there; forcing nations to pick sides and forcing the "united" peacekeeping force to fall apart.

Edit: Or, this could happen after order is restored and an election is held ... but the people of the CCA aren't happy with the vote (say the winners go in by a slim majority or a very widely split vote).

Just some brain farts before I go to bed and wanted to note them down.
Last edited by Alteran Republics on Sun May 17, 2020 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

GOV.ALT
| Home | Overview | History | Economics | Government | Military | Language |
The Portal to the Alteran Intranet
Proud member of The Western Isles.
32 - M - Libertarian - Civil Servant

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun May 17, 2020 5:03 pm

Keomora wrote:Also I want to release a document describing how the CCA covered up human rights abuses so that the League didn’t know, including mini-ethnic cleansing, destruction of Kemori and other ethnic minorities cultural and religious sites, with perhaps and oppressive ruling minority, and the presence of certain non-nuclear WMD (this may become part of another RP).

Alteran Republics wrote:I like this idea, I like this idea a lot. It would equally give the rebuilding nations - Noronica, Altera, et al. - more of a mandate to rebuild the country as they clearly can't be trusted to do it themselves. Thinking of the Balkans in the 90s/00s.

From my understanding, it's a nation that's been forced into existence. It comprises mainly of AM territory seized after the IW; to weaken AM considerably and to create a buffer state between AM and Altera/Segentova.
The CCA, however, runs more like a corporation that runs a country; with the northern sectors influence heavily by Altera and Sege, whilst the south influenced by AM (nut reluctantly so - bitterness with AM has grown whilst the north accepted that Altera/Segen were good investors).

I love this idea as well. I mean, with a name like CCA, the nation is a fusion of pre-existing cultures. I envisioned Alterans in north and Magaratis in south with pockets of Segentovan and Kemori communities across the CCA.

The ancient canal was built by Ancient Roendavarians back when they had AM, SM and various other parts of Argus as their big empire. In late 19th Century, rivals Liba Hangate and Mahakirat Hangate competed to build a modern canal. But the cost of this huge project and the many wars they were fighting meant that both bankrupted themselves. So they sold their territories to the Nyssic Colonial Empire (aka Noronica); who built the modern canal.

Time jump to the Imperial War period, the fascist Empire of Magarat wanted said territories back. The Magaratis attacked the canal once the war began and we have the Canal Front there. After the war was over, the Noronnicans and Magaratis diplomats agreed to have the canal territories be handed back as part of Noronnican de-colonization attempts but other Free Powers were not happy. I mean, why would the Magaratis (the aggressors who lost the war) gain land? And so, a neutral nation called CCA was created in what used to be Noronnican canal colony.

And it's like Altera said. The CCA is more like a corporation with the north obviously being heavily "Alteran" or "Segentovan" and the south culturally being Eastern or Western Kirati.

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun May 17, 2020 5:17 pm

Alteran Republics wrote:Another path this could go down, is that the CCA descends into civil war with several factions clambering for control:

> Pure independents
> Isolationists (the canal must go, it's been nothing but trouble!)
> Alteran/Segenovan loyalists (mainly in the north, both who want independence but influenced by AR/Seg, or indeed merge with the two nations)
> Imperialists (bring back the Empire!)
> AM loyalists (again, similar to AR/Seg loyalists, but south of the canal)

So either nations are forced to withdraw from CCA whilst a peacekeeping force assembled; in which time tempers flare in the power vacuum and the region descends into war. Alternatively, the civil war could flare up whilst the current forces or peacekeepers are there; forcing nations to pick sides and forcing the "united" peacekeeping force to fall apart.

Edit: Or, this could happen after order is restored and an election is held ... but the people of the CCA aren't happy with the vote (say the winners go in by a slim majority or a very widely split vote).

Just some brain farts before I go to bed and wanted to note them down.

I think the Civil War taking place after the elections are held (just like what happened in AM).

AM is still in a civil war (and more civil wars are coming). The CCA Civil War could be considered a spillover of the Magarati Civil War (cough, cough Middle East...)

It would be more unrealistic if the CCA Civil War was not considered a spillover. That said, the OOC reason why I pushed Magarati government to be very aggressive is that its own disgruntled citizens in south start their own revolt ("aka government is untrustworthy" or "let's start a rebellion in south while most Magarati forces are in another nation"). I am actually on the way of writing a news about the beginning of the Chathaese rebellion (just announcements and info on who is fighting who for now). But now ICly...the Magarati government (despite massive criticism by its own citizens) will not give up the very few gains it has made (technically, the Magarati government said they would withdraw in phases but how long each phase will be ha not been specified).

Regarding the Chatha situation, they just want a united Chatha (does not matter whether it is in AM, SM or an independent country like it was in post-Imperial War period). Chatha was a united country between 1948 - 1994. After 1995 (the 30th Parallel War between AM and SM lasted between 1991 to 1994), the region was divided into three parts: disconnected Eastern and Western Chatha in AM and a much larger "San Montagnan Chatha". San Montagna and Miklania (plus others) will be supporting the Chathaese rebels.

Oh, and let's not forget the folks of Jaring who want to leave AM and join Razzgriz. Honestly, AM is a mess. It has been a united country only three times (when the Noronnican crown won the Khas-Kirat Succession War and placed their prince on our throne, during the Imperial War as Empire of Magarat and after 1995 when the modern Magarati federation was formed).

And my IC constitution

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun May 17, 2020 5:50 pm

If you get invaded you have Article 6 of the C6 Charter.
For Peace and Honor.

Scantarbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Scantarbia » Sun May 17, 2020 6:06 pm

My interest here is to guarantee the safety of Scantarbian interests in Marubhumi desert, primarily the MCRA (Marubhumi Center for Radio Astronomy) and their assets (airbase, scientific facilities, etc.). For this reason, Scantarbia would like to engage further with the local Marubhumis, pouring investments, and building infrastructure in the area. Furthermore, Scantarbians would also provide assistance if the crisis touches the Marubhumis. The long term goal for this action is to establish a Scantarbian-friendly and Scantarbian-inclined government and populace.
Last edited by Scantarbia on Sun May 17, 2020 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun May 17, 2020 6:52 pm

Keomora wrote:If you get invaded you have Article 6 of the C6 Charter.

Is the C6 still canon?
Last edited by Athara Magarat on Sun May 17, 2020 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

And my IC constitution

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sun May 17, 2020 6:53 pm

Scantarbia wrote:My interest here is to guarantee the safety of Scantarbian interests in Marubhumi desert, primarily the MCRA (Marubhumi Center for Radio Astronomy) and their assets (airbase, scientific facilities, etc.). For this reason, Scantarbia would like to engage further with the local Marubhumis, pouring investments, and building infrastructure in the area. Furthermore, Scantarbians would also provide assistance if the crisis touches the Marubhumis. The long term goal for this action is to establish a Scantarbian-friendly and Scantarbian-inclined government and populace.

Marubhumi is right between Eastern and Western Chatha and San Montagnan Chatha to south. All three groups are blame Marubhumi Hangate as the sole reason why they are not united...so...good luck.

And my IC constitution

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Sun May 17, 2020 7:29 pm

Have to secure my interests before mokov does
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Scantarbia
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 31, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Scantarbia » Sun May 17, 2020 7:45 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:Marubhumi is right between Eastern and Western Chatha and San Montagnan Chatha to south. All three groups are blame Marubhumi Hangate as the sole reason why they are not united...so...good luck.

Whelp, I'm in for quite a rough ride then. Of course, the safety and security of the MCRA facility is Scantarbia's topmost concern. We are willing to do anything to keep the facility in our hands.

Of course, if the end of the Marubhumi Hangate is certain, we're more than willing to cooperate with the next de facto controller. Who doesn't want those fat Scantarbian investments and infrastructure projects.
Last edited by Scantarbia on Sun May 17, 2020 7:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Brulafi
Spokesperson

Founded: Dec 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Brulafi » Sun May 17, 2020 9:39 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:
Brulafi wrote:Hey, sorry that I've not at all posted. Is there a good way I can actually join in, now that my schedule has cleared up?

Keep doing League stuff or news post :)

Can I still RP those soldiers being in those two cities we talked about in the new thread, since my post for the old thread got stuck in drafts?
⬛⬛
Proud member of The Western Isles. Check it out!

I do not use NS stats.

Keomora
Ambassador

Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Keomora » Sun May 17, 2020 10:19 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:
Keomora wrote:If you get invaded you have Article 6 of the C6 Charter.

Is the C6 still canon?

YEs.
For Peace and Honor.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon May 18, 2020 1:42 am

Brulafi wrote:Can I still RP those soldiers being in those two cities we talked about in the new thread, since my post for the old thread got stuck in drafts?

Go ahead. :)

And my IC constitution

Serpens Land
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2020
Ex-Nation

Postby Serpens Land » Fri Jun 26, 2020 8:46 pm

Is it too late to get involved? If not, how?
Quod cito fit, cito perit
Proud member of The Western Isles

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Sat Jun 27, 2020 6:30 pm

Serpens Land wrote:Is it too late to get involved? If not, how?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=487568

There's this RP related to this.

And my IC constitution

Brulafi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Brulafi » Mon Jul 06, 2020 12:03 am

Athara Magarat wrote:
Serpens Land wrote:Is it too late to get involved? If not, how?

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=487568

There's this RP related to this.

Shakti Khor was one of the cities I was supposed to take over, right? Do I still have to fight for it, or should I take a new city thanks to my inactivity?
⬛⬛

I do not use NS stats.

Athara Magarat
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Athara Magarat » Mon Jul 06, 2020 5:35 pm

Brulafi wrote:Shakti Khor was one of the cities I was supposed to take over, right? Do I still have to fight for it, or should I take a new city thanks to my inactivity?

Yeah. Even though that city was historically contested between San Montagna and southern hangates.

You were supposed to send peacekeepers. You are essentially the "neutral" guys. We kinda trust you more than MSTO or San Montagnan "peacekeepers". So, maybe reignite the League thing again? Tell the League you wish to send peacekeepers; especially in Shakti Khor where the locals don't trust the Magarati armed forces or possible peacekeepers from Magarati allies like Noronica.

You are also our Argean neighbors, with just San Montagna between us...so it will make sense for you to be the peacekeeps. We already have the AM-SM-Brulafi railway that run into three of our nations (I am sure you guys don't want that thing to be shut down). You probably don't want the Magarati situation to spiral out into other Argean nations. You have all the valid reasons to the No 1 Peacekeeper Nation here and if I am not wrong, besides Magarati allies, you are also one of the few nations with a positive relations with AM (despite the Imperial War times...oops).

And my IC constitution

Brulafi
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Brulafi » Mon Jul 06, 2020 6:16 pm

Athara Magarat wrote:
Brulafi wrote:Shakti Khor was one of the cities I was supposed to take over, right? Do I still have to fight for it, or should I take a new city thanks to my inactivity?

Yeah. Even though that city was historically contested between San Montagna and southern hangates.

You were supposed to send peacekeepers. You are essentially the "neutral" guys. We kinda trust you more than MSTO or San Montagnan "peacekeepers". So, maybe reignite the League thing again? Tell the League you wish to send peacekeepers; especially in Shakti Khor where the locals don't trust the Magarati armed forces or possible peacekeepers from Magarati allies like Noronica.

You are also our Argean neighbors, with just San Montagna between us...so it will make sense for you to be the peacekeeps. We already have the AM-SM-Brulafi railway that run into three of our nations (I am sure you guys don't want that thing to be shut down). You probably don't want the Magarati situation to spiral out into other Argean nations. You have all the valid reasons to the No 1 Peacekeeper Nation here and if I am not wrong, besides Magarati allies, you are also one of the few nations with a positive relations with AM (despite the Imperial War times...oops).

Okay, so should my RP post focusing around the arrival of the first peacekeeprs in Shakti Khor or another city? When it comes to the League, given the significance of your nation to Brulafi, I feel like the national strategy would be to ask for forgiveness after intervening, rather than asking for permission to intervene first.
⬛⬛

I do not use NS stats.

Havalland
Envoy

Father Knows Best State

Postby Havalland » Fri Sep 18, 2020 11:51 pm

Ok where should I start with this if we are officially starting?
DEAM VULT HERETICS!

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents