NATION

PASSWORD

Tuisto's Flames Renewed (Sep Only , probably MT)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Tuisto's Flames Renewed (Sep Only , probably MT)

Postby Roskian Federation » Sat Sep 21, 2019 6:48 am

theme

Port Prosi
Tuisto River
Republic of Southern Maldania, Republic of Sebrenskiya
+15 minutes from Ostlandic retreat
POV: Lieutenant Nikita Maropovic, Sebrenskiyan National Police

The emergency evacuation away from Port Prosi had been reversed. We were transitioning Federal Highway 9172 from four northbound lanes to three southbound and one northbound lane, to allow access to emergency personnel to return north if necessary. Additionally, the hard asphalt shoulders would be opened in both directions, allowing a total of 6 southbound lanes and two northbound lanes.

I was at the end, where traffic would transition to its normal flow pattern. This was the worst end to be on, I felt, as this was nearest to Port Prosi. Traffic moved into its normal pattern, as though nothing had happened at all, while ambulance after ambulance left the installation all running code. I had quieted my radio, so that people asking for directions wouldn't hear everything going on. We appeared to be operating smoothly, but the Port Prosi dispatch was shouting lots of information at all times.

A car stopped in front of me, and rolled down its passenger window. There were two small children in the back seat, one was knocked out, the other was crying loudly.

"Ma'am, I missed my turn and I have to go back that way, how do I do that?"
"Where too?"
"I live near the annex."
"Go down, take that next left, and then take the fourth left. It goes right up to the annex."
"Thank you!"

The car left, and I watched it shoot across to the left lane. I merely shook my head.

Dispatch, Officer 8178
I jumped at the radio call. "Go ahead?"
Port Prosi is calling All Clear for Ambulances. Ministry of Transporation crews are coming to clear the lanes back two intersections, be prepared to assist
"Acknowledged"

I got back into my car, and turned my radio up.

Dispatch, Officer 7461
Go ahead.
Motor vehicle collision with ambulance, Krasnov Highway. Type 3 Response
Acknowledged

National House
City of Pancevo - Capitol District
Pancevo, Republic of Sebrenskiya
2 hours after hostilities

The Prime Minister, Radomir Georgijević, was livid, to say the least. As the Defence ministry personnel filed into the room, the tension was so thick that you might break a knife trying to cut it. As every reached their seats, Radomir still stood, looking out of the bulletproof window.

"Would anybody like to explain what the fuck happened?" Radomir began, calm sounding. Everyone else blankly shuffled.
"I have no answer, prime minister. The Trisk reported being under attack." stated Matej Kasun, who was staring directly at Radomir.
"Its been fourteen years since either of us have had hostilities. Fourteen years. We were able to work with them in after the terrorist attack in 2013. Why is there fighting now?"
"Sir, I do-"
"Who fired first?"
"We're not exactly certain, all available information from the Trisk is inconclusive, but their radio transmission seemed to claim they were on the defensive."
"DId you ask anyone on the Trisk?"
"There aren't any survivors from the Trisk. It exploded before it sank."

Radomir punched the beam in between window panes. "I want this figured out before the end of the week. I need to know exactly what I'm saying to the Ostlandic government."
"Yes sir." Kasun shifted his papers, "Is there anything else we need to discuss?"
Radomir looked directly at Kasun, "No. You are all dismissed. Depending on what happens, we may need to look at further military options. For now, I want to drop to War Condition 2. Maybe the Ostlandics will think twice about their next actions as well."
"Yes sir." Kasun stood up, then motioned for everyone else to leave. He followed everyone else out the door, before turning back and looking at Radomir. "Sir, should I tell the Secretary to look at the possibility of war?"
Radomir, who watched Kasun go to the door, just nodded his head.
"Understood, sir. I'll have him come by later," he responded, before walking out of the door.
RIP ROSKI, UNJUSTLY DELETED on 12 JULY 2016 +15,601 posts

RSS Madenska set to fully activate on October 15th
Yugoslovenski and Maldania reaffirm the Central States Alliance

Maltecna
Attaché

Founded: Mar 25, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Maltecna » Sat Oct 05, 2019 11:59 am

Palast der Kanzlei
Krossa, State of Kommerania, Ostland
Two hours and thirty seven minutes after start of hostilities

theme

Chancellor Hanz Lehmann walked down the marble floored halls of the Palast der Kanzlei. While the Palace is named for the Chancellery,it very much was and still is a relic of a time long ago, where an emperor roamed its halls with a far more aggressive and imperialist intent than that of the Chancellor now roaming it's halls. It is a testament to the changes in Ostland’s government, stretching from simple fiefdoms to now a complex government with foreign policy that did not include raising the sword with haste. Lehmann had only been Chancellor for three years, however that did not mean he lacked any experience, he had been a member of the Große Versammlung for more than twelve years, and had served well. His eye for detail in regards to administrative policy and most importantly foreign policy was a quality many used as justification to call on him to run earlier.

As Lehmann walked down the marble halls of the chancellery, he thought back to when he was but a mere member of the Große Versammlung and why he considered running. It was only when Erwin Kahl and his fumble of a government stalled infrastructure projects and especially military consolidation that compelled the scrupulous Lehmann to run for the chancellery. While the leftist government held considerable support, grievances expressed by even some center-left parties compelled a division within the Leftist coalition that brought Kahl to the position of Chancellor. Subsequently, with this division only occurring weeks before the next Chancellery election, Lehmann expressed his intent to run, which sparked a series of events which formed a Populist Movement.

The Populist movement by Lehmann brought him victory. His ability to bring some vision of victory out of a situation where so much damage domestically was done is what made him a trusted man by the Ostlandic people, and he did not intend to betray that trust he formed over nearly twenty years. As the Chancellor approached the two large spruce doors leading to his office, seasoned for years, as he was, creating a hardened tree as Lehmann was made a hardened politician, the Chancellor pondered as to what could be done. The doors creaked open as they were pulled away from him by the two guards in well made suits. Lehmann walks into his office and rests upon his office chair, his advisors numbering a dozen filed in and took their seats after he did so.

"What's the current situation?" Asked an evidently weary Lehmann
"Current reports issued by the local Readiness Brigade entails an engagement with a Sebrenskiyan riverboat which sparked the engagement, however this report conflicts with reports from local civilians aswell as Border Guards who state that it stemmed from what was initially reported as an argument." Replied Minister of Defense August Mahler
"What are the current casualty figures?" Asked Lehmann, his head rested upon his hand on the desk
"We have no solid casualty figures as of right now, however the reports issued estimate several dead and a dozen wounded from sporadic fire across the river."
"I see.. any new reports possibly hinting as to who or what began the engagement?" Inquired Lehmann
"All old and recent reports claim that the Sebrenskiyan riverboat started the engagement, it was subsequently destroyed in the engagement by our own forces." Replied the Defense Minister, who had several documents opened on his lap
"Their current posturing as of now?" Asked Lehmann
"As far as our Intelligence Community has seen, they are in a heightened alert status, and recent passes by Sunna-1 and Sunna-2 have shown that major highways near the border have been used for evacuation, border posts also seem to be at a heightened alert status." Replied the Defense Minister after hastefully running his eyes over one of the other documents
"The first Reconnaissance Wing has been sortied several times now, and all current pictures provided via their SAR systems show deployments are concentrated at Port Prosi, Pliska, and Phaseline One on the land bridge." Stated the previously quiet Inspectors of the Air Force Jochen Grohl
"It's safe to conclude that all Intelligence options have been utilized, and it's clear to an extent that the Sebrenskiyans are preparing for a shooting war, Mr. Chancellor." Stated a somewhat confident Defense Minister
"I see, only several options are on the table.. increase overall readiness and raise the REDCON to Vigilant Guard, I don't want them to catch us when we're breaking camp, keep Vigilant Expedition on ready if it's clear they intend for a shooting war - gentlemen that is all, go to your posts and oversee your respective Ministries and Departments, God help us all." Concluded a now more weary Lehmann, who looked over documents of his own on the table while sipping a glass of freshly made coffee.

Forest north of Schärbach
Forest, State of Nordburg, Ostland
One hour and twenty nine minutes after start of hostilities

theme

The crack of branches on the muddy ground in the Flusswald was rare in peacetime, but with a company-level formation advancing to reinforce one of their brother platoon, the sound of branches cracking, bushes being pushed aside, and coughing was all but too common. These were men of the 1st Platoon, 2nd Company, 2nd Battalion, 8th Readiness Brigade, undoubtedly some of the most well equipped and trained men in the Ostlandic Army. While one could see this as a routine exercise, it was everything but that, a real engagement, no blanks, no MILES gear, the real thing. Hauptmann Arthur Krauss had been in the Heer for roughly seven years, and in this time every shot he fired was either in training or in one of the many Northern Resolve Exercises, now he had magazines loaded with live ammunition and the mentality to kill a man rather to "kill" him with a blank. To his back was his platoon, and to his front the echoes of live ammunition being pelted either way across the River Tuisto, a flowing river that has seen far too many wars. From his sight line he could see the edge of the river and a friendly Platoon formation, quietly yelling to them, he exclaims: "Green! Green! On your six!" The assorted ranks of men, adorned with plate carriers, fast helmets, ammunition boxes, and varying other gear continue looking forward as several staff members look back. A hand is raised and waves to them to come here, Hauptmann Rupert Rosenthal was the man who waved. Running to the company of Rosenthal, Krauss whispers in blunt curiosity:

"What the fuck is happening?"
"Skirmishing, the bad kind of one, we've been engaged with as far as I can tell a company of Sebrenskiyan troops, they won't budge and neither will we." Replied a dirtied up Rosenthal, with camoflauge paint covering his face dotted by beads of sweat and mud.
"Christ, well my platoon is rolling up to reinforce, heard anything from the Company?"
"No, though radio chatter between the Platoons has been getting higher, last I heard from the company was that the mortars were being redeployed."
"Very well then, where is the OPFOR positions?" Inquired Krauss
"Partially in their side of the forest, can't see them due to the rain but they are there, I've had my platoon's MG-3s throwing lead down at them to stop them from getting active."
"Alright, I'll get my heavy weapons section with yours, what of your AT troops? Asked Krauss, who then racked a round into the chamber of his HK-416 adorned with an ACOG sight
Rosenthal eying the treeline opposite of the river nods in acknowledgement as he fires a handful of rounds at a darting Sebrenskiyan soldier, two hits center mass.
Bundesrepublik Maltecna

From Maltecna with Love

Roskian Federation
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 13, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Roskian Federation » Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:44 am

theme

Private Residence
Northwest Residential District, City of Novi Pazar
Republic of Pazar, Republic of Sebrenskiya
12 September 2019, 0835
POV: Senior Sergeant Klaudija Košar, Sebrenskiyan National Army

This street didn't permit parking in the roadway, so I pulled into the parking deck. The parking attendant looked at me before noting the National Army license plate, then simply nodded and allowed me to pass. I parked on the third level of the parking deck, which was equal to the flooring level to the person I was supposed to meet. I exited the truck, before walking to the covered bed. Dropping the tailgate, I pulled toward me a metal case. Taking a deep breath, i slowly opened the clips, before opening the case entirely, revealing a folded Sebrenskiyan flag and a photo of a Vladislav Bogdanović, a leading seaman on the Trisk. After closing the case again, leaving the items inside, I rubbed my finger over the engraved name on the case. After another deep breath, I took the case out of the bed and closed the tailgate. Walking towards where I thought was the entrance to the building, a sign revealed that I had to return to the first floor in order to cross into the building. I took the elevator, as the case was too heavy for me to carry down stairs and still expect to use my arm again today.

Exiting the elevator, someone noted that I was an Army Sergeant. They waved at me, but then saw the case I was carrying and put their hand over their mouth. I nodded back, slightly, before continuing into the housing building. This building seemed to have a happy demeanor, the colors were bright and warm, there was talking that wasn't hushed but wasn't too loud either. I quickly moved to the elevator, hoping that nobody would see me and have their mood spoiled.

As I entered the third floor, I could smell that someone was cooking. As I approached the stated apartment number, I noted that the food was being cooked exactly where I was going. There were notes on the door, most of them wishing Vladislav safe travels. I stared, blankly at the notes, each new note making my heart hurt even more. I raised my left hand and knocked four times.

A young lady answered the door, likely only 17. "Hey mama, there's a lady from the Army here!" she exclaimed proudly, before inviting me to enter. I gave her a sad smile and entered.

"Ah, hello, how are you!"
"I am doing well, ma'am. I am Senior Sergeant Košar from the garrison in Travnik. How are you doing today?"
"I am well, we're all anxious to hear about Vladislav after the skirmish, that's where he told us he was going. We are hoping he got re-assigned."
"I actually bring news of Vladislav, but I urge you to sit down, please."

The lady, who I presumed was "mama" sat down, and the young lady sat down next to her.

"Is there any other family?"
"No, its just us Sergeant, why do you ask?"

I lifted the case, before placing it on the table, with his name facing upwards. The mother's face changed immediately, from one of general calmness to a deep sadness, maybe even fear. A tear came to my own eyes, and I began to say shakily,

"Ma'am, I am Senior Sergeant Klaudija Košar from the Sebrenskiyan National Army, and I regret to inform you that your son, Leading Seaman Vladislav Bogdanović, was killed by enemy fire on the 9th of September in the year of 2019. Vladislav was found to have been killed by hostile action prior to the final destruction of the rivership Trisk. On behalf of the National Government, The Sebrenskiyan National Armed Forces, and the people of Sebrenskiya, we offer our sincerest condolences."

Both the mother and young lady were fully weeping at this point, when I opened the case and gave the mother the flag. She gripped the flag and began to hug the flag. I then gave her the photograph of her son, taken four days before the skirmish. She gripped the photograph as well, and pulled it into the hug with the flag. Both of them were at a loss for words, but were weeping very loudly.

My voice betrayed my own emotions, as I very shakily said, "I do apologize, but I must return. If you have any further questions, there are more documents here in this case that you may review when you are ready."

I closed the case, and left it on the table I had placed it. I turned to leave. Before I reached the door, the mother shouted, though likely inadvertently shouted, "Thank you for telling us."

I simply responded, "I wish that I had nothing to tell you at all," before walking out of the door and closing it behind me. A neighbor exited his apartment at the same time, likely investigating why there was crying. He nodded at me, looked at the door, and then looked at me, and said, "Do they need to be comforted?"

"Yes."

As I re-entered the parking deck, I could feel my own heart breaking. I entered the truck again, and placed my head against the steering wheel, and began to cry myself.

National House
City of Pancevo - Capitol District
Pancevo, Republic of Sebrenskiya
15 October 2019, 1840

"Prime Minister, skirmishes with the Ostlandic military are happening weekly now. We need activate some kind of protocol in order to deal with this efficiently"
"More to the point, we need to establish better diplomatic communication with them. Tell them that we can negotiate, but I want confirmation for a ceasefire order on the 20th."
"Yes, sir.
Last edited by Roskian Federation on Tue Oct 15, 2019 10:45 am, edited 2 times in total.
RIP ROSKI, UNJUSTLY DELETED on 12 JULY 2016 +15,601 posts

RSS Madenska set to fully activate on October 15th
Yugoslovenski and Maldania reaffirm the Central States Alliance

Return to International Incidents