NATION

PASSWORD

OOC Thread for The Labrador Valley War

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Allanea
Postmaster of the Fleet

Founded: Antiquity
Capitalist Paradise

Postby Allanea » Tue Oct 01, 2019 4:50 am

To summarize the previous two posts:

Mount Zeon's military has been given several months to prepare for the invasion. How will they make use of the time?
#HyperEarthBestEarth

Sometimes, there really is money on the sidewalk.

Mount Zeon
Spokesperson

Founded: Oct 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Zeon » Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:23 pm

Allanea wrote:To summarize the previous two posts:

Mount Zeon's military has been given several months to prepare for the invasion. How will they make use of the time?

I'm working on my next post. Mount Zeon actually intends to strike first with their offensive, but we're suffering from delays of our own - poor infrastructure is delaying the movement of regular Army troops to the border. The idea, as negotiated OOCly with Muskegonia, is to keep the conflict limited to the frontier war for a while, mainly as a way to give other people some time to post while things were still in the low-intensity stage.

I've updated the list in the OP to reflect everyone who's been accepted into the RP. If I've mischaracterized what shape anyone's involvement looks like, let me know.
Last edited by Mount Zeon on Tue Oct 01, 2019 2:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Vionna-Frankenlisch: Mount Zeon sounds very much like somewhere I'd like to avoid like the plague
Mount Zeon: is it the farming
---
New Edom: Mount Zeon is a nation of ass men
Vionna-Frankenlisch: Oh good God, how many of you people are there in this region?
---
Novitera: What expensive but low volume goods come out of Mount Zeon?
Vionna-Frankenlisch: Wives

ZSeparatists
Spokesperson

Founded: Apr 04, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby ZSeparatists » Wed Oct 02, 2019 8:27 pm

Nation Name:ZSeparatists
How do you want to get involved:Support Muskegonia with 750,000 soldiers
Why is your nation getting involved:Even though we are a far-right nation, we want to eliminate monarchies, and Mount Zeon is one of those.
I am not actually a fascist, I used to be a right wing person but now I’m more of a leaning right person.

Mount Zeon
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Zeon » Fri Oct 04, 2019 5:51 pm

ZSeparatists wrote:Nation Name:ZSeparatists
How do you want to get involved:Support Muskegonia with 750,000 soldiers
Why is your nation getting involved:Even though we are a far-right nation, we want to eliminate monarchies, and Mount Zeon is one of those.

Sorry, denied. For one, you're bringing in way too many troops. Secondly, your previous posting history does not fill me with confidence that you'll be a good addition to this RP.
Vionna-Frankenlisch: Mount Zeon sounds very much like somewhere I'd like to avoid like the plague
---
Vionna-Frankenlisch: Oh good God, how many of you people are there in this region?
---

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Sat Oct 05, 2019 1:13 am

Hiya there! I'm Mersdon, and whilst drifting down the river of the International Incidents board, I stumbled upon this RP. I think that the premise of this roleplay is pretty well fleshed out and there are obviously some dedicated players here, so if it's alright, I'd love to come aboard.
As for the info itself, here goes.

Nation Name: (The) Unified Empire of Mersdon
How do you want to get involved: The Unified Empire would like to get involved by deploying a small part of its aerial assets (mostly airlifters with some tankers and EWACS) over the Valley to keep an eye on things, along with some logistics units along the road from Greenfield to Sullivan. Escalation can come later, if the OPs feel that it's alright for me to do. The Foreign Ministry will focus on improving ties between the Empire and the two parties, although that might take a backseat to more forceful efforts to reduce tensions in the Valley if that effort fails. To start off (in more detail), I'd prefer to begin setting up HUMINT operations based out of a legation in Cedar Point and another in Greenfield, with officers being dispersed across the Valley in order to gauge the local situation and to scout out the area. Following this, the intelligence officers would then pass on information about the Valley and in particular the foothills to the High Command in my capital, where about 500 support troops would be deployed to construct a small base in the West Foothills, so as to be close to the artery between Greenfield and Sullivan. If possible, those soldiers would then grade and begin constructing a temporary airfield (i.e. one long steel mat runway, a few large holding tanks for fuel, and a group of portable houses nearby) in secrecy. That's as far as I plan to take it right now.
Why is your nation getting involved: Slavery is utterly repugnant to the Unified Empire, as at one point, slavery had been legalized for a period of forty years during a time of political and financial instablity; the solution to lower your fellow man to serve you as chattel instead of working out your financial problems with that man as a competitor but fellow citizen had torn apart the fabric that Mersdon was built upon, so now the government sees its duty as to try and choke off the slave trade and the possible war in the Labrador Valley.
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Founded: Jun 23, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Sat Oct 05, 2019 9:42 pm

Nation Name: Kingdom of Cretia
How do you want to get involved: The Holy Church of the Canon is sending twelve soldiers of the White Inquisition in search of a fellow inquisitor who went missing while tracking voidal cult activity in the region. These Inquisitors are being aided by a small detatchment of the Cretian Royal Navy, which will set up a small demilitarized zone off the coast to act as a medical evacuation point, with two Pontiff-class Medical Frigates acting as floating hospitals for civilians who are unlucky enough to be caught in the crossfire.
Why is your nation getting involved: The kingdom itself is not getting involved directly and is staying neutral, but will retaliate if the DMZ and medical frigates are attacked.

OOC note: My nation and its religion use a reasonable blend of fantasy and modern tech, as well as bits of post-modern tech. This does not, by any means, make it overpowered or illogical, and non-MT aspects may be limited upon request of the OP. Information can be gained from my factbooks, but be aware that these factbooks are still very much works in progress and subject to changes or retcons.
What is on my nation's front page does not reflect my nation in rp. It follows its own distinct lore that is separate from what is defined by the "issues" choices.

Kingom of Cretia, total monarchy founded in the Middle Ages and remains unchanged to this day.
All factbooks (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mac ... l=factbook) are works in progress and subject to changes or retcons.

Mount Zeon
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Zeon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 11:15 am

Mersdon wrote:Hiya there! I'm Mersdon, and whilst drifting down the river of the International Incidents board, I stumbled upon this RP. I think that the premise of this roleplay is pretty well fleshed out and there are obviously some dedicated players here, so if it's alright, I'd love to come aboard.
As for the info itself, here goes.

Nation Name: (The) Unified Empire of Mersdon
How do you want to get involved: The Unified Empire would like to get involved by deploying a small part of its aerial assets (mostly airlifters with some tankers and EWACS) over the Valley to keep an eye on things, along with some logistics units along the road from Greenfield to Sullivan. Escalation can come later, if the OPs feel that it's alright for me to do. The Foreign Ministry will focus on improving ties between the Empire and the two parties, although that might take a backseat to more forceful efforts to reduce tensions in the Valley if that effort fails. To start off (in more detail), I'd prefer to begin setting up HUMINT operations based out of a legation in Cedar Point and another in Greenfield, with officers being dispersed across the Valley in order to gauge the local situation and to scout out the area. Following this, the intelligence officers would then pass on information about the Valley and in particular the foothills to the High Command in my capital, where about 500 support troops would be deployed to construct a small base in the West Foothills, so as to be close to the artery between Greenfield and Sullivan. If possible, those soldiers would then grade and begin constructing a temporary airfield (i.e. one long steel mat runway, a few large holding tanks for fuel, and a group of portable houses nearby) in secrecy. That's as far as I plan to take it right now.
Why is your nation getting involved: Slavery is utterly repugnant to the Unified Empire, as at one point, slavery had been legalized for a period of forty years during a time of political and financial instablity; the solution to lower your fellow man to serve you as chattel instead of working out your financial problems with that man as a competitor but fellow citizen had torn apart the fabric that Mersdon was built upon, so now the government sees its duty as to try and choke off the slave trade and the possible war in the Labrador Valley.

I like the idea. The government would accept the help building the airfield to provide a forward base for the eventual fight against Muskegonia.

Mackjaracotavon wrote:Nation Name: Kingdom of Cretia
How do you want to get involved: The Holy Church of the Canon is sending twelve soldiers of the White Inquisition in search of a fellow inquisitor who went missing while tracking voidal cult activity in the region. These Inquisitors are being aided by a small detatchment of the Cretian Royal Navy, which will set up a small demilitarized zone off the coast to act as a medical evacuation point, with two Pontiff-class Medical Frigates acting as floating hospitals for civilians who are unlucky enough to be caught in the crossfire.
Why is your nation getting involved: The kingdom itself is not getting involved directly and is staying neutral, but will retaliate if the DMZ and medical frigates are attacked.

OOC note: My nation and its religion use a reasonable blend of fantasy and modern tech, as well as bits of post-modern tech. This does not, by any means, make it overpowered or illogical, and non-MT aspects may be limited upon request of the OP. Information can be gained from my factbooks, but be aware that these factbooks are still very much works in progress and subject to changes or retcons.

Where did you see the story of the missing inquisitor going?

As for the naval DMZ, I don't think that will work. It's not like there's been a total breakdown in society and there's no functioning hospitals.
---
---

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:02 pm

Mount Zeon wrote:Where did you see the story of the missing inquisitor going?

The Church of the Canon keeps track of its clergy and the soldiers in the Inquisition. When they're off on an assignment for the church, they keep record of everything, and when the clergy/inquisitor stops communicating for an extended period of time and do not return, that's how they realize that something went wrong. As for the DMZ, I'm willing to do away with it, as I'm trying to get myself back into RP.
What is on my nation's front page does not reflect my nation in rp. It follows its own distinct lore that is separate from what is defined by the "issues" choices.

Kingom of Cretia, total monarchy founded in the Middle Ages and remains unchanged to this day.
All factbooks (https://www.nationstates.net/nation=mac ... l=factbook) are works in progress and subject to changes or retcons.

Mount Zeon
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Zeon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 2:12 pm

Mackjaracotavon wrote:The Church of the Canon keeps track of its clergy and the soldiers in the Inquisition. When they're off on an assignment for the church, they keep record of everything, and when the clergy/inquisitor stops communicating for an extended period of time and do not return, that's how they realize that something went wrong. As for the DMZ, I'm willing to do away with it, as I'm trying to get myself back into RP.

What I mean is, did you have an idea of what you wanted to have happened to your missing inquisitor? How did you see things progressing in the RP itself? I mostly want to know if it's a storyline that's happening in my country or Muskegonia
---
---

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 4:43 pm

Mount Zeon wrote:What I mean is, did you have an idea of what you wanted to have happened to your missing inquisitor? How did you see things progressing in the RP itself? I mostly want to know if it's a storyline that's happening in my country or Muskegonia

Was thinking he'd either have been caught in the firing line while still tracking the cult activity in Muskegonia, or captured in the middle of his investigation.

Muskegonia
Lobbyist

Founded: Aug 19, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Muskegonia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 7:53 pm

Mackjaracotavon wrote:Was thinking he'd either have been caught in the firing line while still tracking the cult activity in Muskegonia, or captured in the middle of his investigation.

Maybe he's being held as a suspected spy for Mount Zeon in a town in the Muskegonian side of the Labrador Valley?

I'm fine with both applications. I'll try and have a post up soon.

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:01 pm

Muskegonia wrote:
Mackjaracotavon wrote:Was thinking he'd either have been caught in the firing line while still tracking the cult activity in Muskegonia, or captured in the middle of his investigation.

Maybe he's being held as a suspected spy for Mount Zeon in a town in the Muskegonian side of the Labrador Valley?

I'm fine with both applications. I'll try and have a post up soon.

I like the idea, but... wouldn't his captors be questioned for wrongful detainment or at least made to realize that the Church of the Canon is the only group that has people openly wearing the armor of the White Inquisition? Just food for thought going forward.

Muskegonia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Muskegonia » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:10 pm

Mackjaracotavon wrote:I like the idea, but... wouldn't his captors be questioned for wrongful detainment or at least made to realize that the Church of the Canon is the only group that has people openly wearing the armor of the White Inquisition? Just food for thought going forward.

I mean there's not really much of a government in the Valley and government officials who do exist aren't going to charge anyone with something like "wrongful detainment", especially if the inquisitor is being detained by the Whitetail Cougars. As for the armor, it seems like it would be a poor investigator if he was running around in plate armor. Maybe he ditched it to blend in, or lost it, at some point?
Last edited by Muskegonia on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:10 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mackjaracotavon
Spokesperson

Postby Mackjaracotavon » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:17 pm

Muskegonia wrote:
Mackjaracotavon wrote:I like the idea, but... wouldn't his captors be questioned for wrongful detainment or at least made to realize that the Church of the Canon is the only group that has people openly wearing the armor of the White Inquisition? Just food for thought going forward.

I mean there's not really much of a government in the Valley and government officials who do exist aren't going to charge anyone with something like "wrongful detainment", especially if the inquisitor is being detained by the Whitetail Cougars. As for the armor, it seems like it would be a poor investigator if he was running around in plate armor. Maybe he ditched it to blend in, or lost it, at some point?

Considering the armor is literally their badge of office, their mark of respect, and the only thing saving their life when under attack, deliberately getting rid of the armor while on duty or losing it due to carelessness would get him questioned by the church. If the church needed an undercover investigator, someone not of the faith or local law enforcement would have been asked to help or for information.
Last edited by Mackjaracotavon on Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Muskegonia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Muskegonia » Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:47 pm

Mackjaracotavon wrote:Considering the armor is literally their badge of office, their mark of respect, and the only thing saving their life when under attack, deliberately getting rid of the armor while on duty or losing it due to carelessness would get him questioned by the church. If the church needed an undercover investigator, someone not of the faith or local law enforcement would have been asked to help or for information.

Alright. Well if you want to do "he's been captured by the Whitetail Cougars" it can always be for snooping around and looking strange. Otherwise he could be un-captured but simply cut off from communication, either by equipment failure or something else.

I will hopefully have a post up detailing the march on Cumberly Farm soon. It feels like we're waiting on a bunch of people to post though.
Last edited by Muskegonia on Wed Oct 09, 2019 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

The Worst Nation Possible
Spokesperson

Founded: Jan 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby The Worst Nation Possible » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:55 am

Nation Name: The Worst Nation Possible
How do you want to get involved: By sending in a group of elite soldiers into Labrador to assist Muskegonian forces.
Why is your nation getting involved: it's not really "nation" in this case, just someone who has a lot of underground influence, and someone who wishes to expand that influence and be able to call upon an ally when the time is right.

Mount Zeon
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Zeon » Thu Oct 10, 2019 12:04 pm

The Worst Nation Possible wrote:Nation Name: The Worst Nation Possible
How do you want to get involved: By sending in a group of elite soldiers into Labrador to assist Muskegonian forces.
Why is your nation getting involved: it's not really "nation" in this case, just someone who has a lot of underground influence, and someone who wishes to expand that influence and be able to call upon an ally when the time is right.

I've seen your recent activity on this forum. Denied.
---
---

The Steamwork
Civil Servant

Founded: Oct 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Steamwork » Thu Oct 10, 2019 2:24 pm

Nation Name:The Steamwork
How do you want to get involved:Economic Support and Support to destory anti-slavery groups.
Why is your nation getting involved:The Steamwork is a isolationist nation but we hold the value of slave labor dear and consider anti-slavery groups anywhere a threat to our way of life and nation.

Drekka
Ambassador

Founded: Aug 03, 2011
Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:57 pm

Forgive the absence. Things got a little hectic I should be good now.The temporary absence could be explained OOC as complications in internal politics, as the original assets intended to be sent were generally inadequate for the task in the face of increased international involvement

However, I do have to request some sort of offsite communication when making posts to mitigate god-modding and other writing issues.
Last edited by Drekka on Fri Oct 11, 2019 9:17 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Muskegonia
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Muskegonia » Sat Oct 12, 2019 7:20 am

Drekka wrote:Forgive the absence. Things got a little hectic I should be good now.The temporary absence could be explained OOC as complications in internal politics, as the original assets intended to be sent were generally inadequate for the task in the face of increased international involvement

However, I do have to request some sort of offsite communication when making posts to mitigate god-modding and other writing issues.

No problem. What do you mean by offsite communication?

Drekka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Sat Oct 12, 2019 9:26 am

Muskegonia wrote:
Drekka wrote:Forgive the absence. Things got a little hectic I should be good now.The temporary absence could be explained OOC as complications in internal politics, as the original assets intended to be sent were generally inadequate for the task in the face of increased international involvement

No problem. What do you mean by offsite communication?

Something like Discord and whatnot

Thermodolia
Post Kaiser

Founded: Oct 07, 2011
Civil Rights Lovefest

Postby Thermodolia » Wed Oct 16, 2019 5:49 am

Nation Name: The National Republic of Thermodolia
How do you want to get involved: Secretly supporting both sides with munitions, funds, and training. Thermodolia will publicly deny any involvement in the conflict.
Why is your nation getting involved: Thermodolia doesn’t really like either nation and therefore wants to keep them fighting each other.
Male, Jewish, lives somewhere in AZ, Disabled US Military Veteran, Oorah!, I'm GAY!
I'm agent #69 in the Gaystapo!
>The Sons of Adam: I'd crown myself monarch... cuz why not?
>>Dumb Ideologies: Why not turn yourself into a penguin and build an igloo at the centre of the Earth?
Click for Da Funies

RIP Dya

Vangaziland
Senator

Founded: May 20, 2014
New York Times Democracy

Postby Vangaziland » Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:30 am

Sorry I haven't been active. I'm waiting for the right moment and making sure I write in from the proper angle. I should likely start with an aid post or even a speech. If there's anything the force we're supporting could use, feel free to request formally or informally IC or OOC.
Last edited by Vangaziland on Wed Oct 16, 2019 7:31 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mount Zeon
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Mount Zeon » Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:19 pm

Thermodolia wrote:Nation Name: The National Republic of Thermodolia
How do you want to get involved: Secretly supporting both sides with munitions, funds, and training. Thermodolia will publicly deny any involvement in the conflict.
Why is your nation getting involved: Thermodolia doesn’t really like either nation and therefore wants to keep them fighting each other.

Mount Zeon will certainly be willing to purchase munitions, or receive them as part of a larger trade deal since we're not exactly a wealthy country.

Vangaziland wrote:Sorry I haven't been active. I'm waiting for the right moment and making sure I write in from the proper angle. I should likely start with an aid post or even a speech. If there's anything the force we're supporting could use, feel free to request formally or informally IC or OOC.

It could be a speech condemning the violence or even just a post like The United Nations of Europa describing some behind the scenes preparations.

I will have a post up soon with the response to Allanea and the next phase of the battle at the Cumberly Farm
Last edited by Mount Zeon on Wed Oct 16, 2019 2:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
---
---

Drekka
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby Drekka » Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:29 pm

Question for everyone involved: any specs on mentioned weapons in the thread? For example, when I read “semi-auto hunting rifle”, I think of an AR15 or M1A while “assault rifle” is something like an AKM. Just a thought.
Last edited by Drekka on Sat Oct 19, 2019 12:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents