NATION

PASSWORD

The Fall: Planning [TWI Only|OOC|Semi-Open]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Mokov
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mokov » Sun Nov 10, 2019 1:31 pm

Aizcona wrote:
Mokov wrote:My military equipment is a mixed bag. Some of it is up to date, such as the navy, some of the air force, and my armored vehicles, while some is stuck in the past. Come to think of it, it's much like my own nation. Also the cavalry charge was meant to be a diversion from the main advance, and strafing runs continue to be effective. If you doubt that, just ask someone who was at Pearl Harbor or Singapore or Bataan during WW2. EDIT: I just made a factbook for the rebel uniforms for each side, so you can use that for reference.

WW2 and the present day are made completely alien to eachother due to jet engines and heat seeking rockets

Fair, but I also somewhat doubt that a nation would send their best stuff with a foreign expeditionary force.
What am I even doing with my life

User avatar
Aizcona
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Aug 28, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aizcona » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:26 pm

Mokov wrote:
Aizcona wrote:WW2 and the present day are made completely alien to eachother due to jet engines and heat seeking rockets

Fair, but I also somewhat doubt that a nation would send their best stuff with a foreign expeditionary force.

Most nations mostly only keep a few kinds of equipment, and I don't believe any nations in the present day would field propeller driven aircraft for a fighter force, its so out of date that it would be completely ineffective. Possibly if you put it as CAS that could work.

User avatar
Mokov
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mokov » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:34 pm

Aizcona wrote:
Mokov wrote:Fair, but I also somewhat doubt that a nation would send their best stuff with a foreign expeditionary force.

Most nations mostly only keep a few kinds of equipment, and I don't believe any nations in the present day would field propeller driven aircraft for a fighter force, its so out of date that it would be completely ineffective. Possibly if you put it as CAS that could work.

The point I'm trying to make here is this: even though my tech is somewhat old, the tactics being used remain at least mostly effective. Strafing runs will never cease to be terrifying to those on the receiving end, and if done right, can cause some major damage.
What am I even doing with my life

User avatar
Aizcona
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Aug 28, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aizcona » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:39 pm

Mokov wrote:
Aizcona wrote:Most nations mostly only keep a few kinds of equipment, and I don't believe any nations in the present day would field propeller driven aircraft for a fighter force, its so out of date that it would be completely ineffective. Possibly if you put it as CAS that could work.

The point I'm trying to make here is this: even though my tech is somewhat old, the tactics being used remain at least mostly effective. Strafing runs will never cease to be terrifying to those on the receiving end, and if done right, can cause some major damage.

But in a modern day setting, this puts the planes in extreme danger of being shot down, majorly due to the increasing availability of man portable anti-air missiles such as the stinger. I dunno, do what you will, but I can't really see myself getting involved with this if the military actions are looking as they are

User avatar
Mokov
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mokov » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:43 pm

Aizcona wrote:
Mokov wrote:The point I'm trying to make here is this: even though my tech is somewhat old, the tactics being used remain at least mostly effective. Strafing runs will never cease to be terrifying to those on the receiving end, and if done right, can cause some major damage.

But in a modern day setting, this puts the planes in extreme danger of being shot down, majorly due to the increasing availability of man portable anti-air missiles such as the stinger. I dunno, do what you will, but I can't really see myself getting involved with this if the military actions are looking as they are

I feel I should also remind you that currently, these outdated tactics are being used by a people who primarily do things on the ground and have little experience in the air. The Cossacks of Mokov stick to their horses and their land vehicles most of the time.
What am I even doing with my life

User avatar
Aizcona
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Aug 28, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aizcona » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:48 pm

Alright, I still have those questions that I hope will get answered though. It would be nice to know the size of things as they stand

User avatar
Mokov
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mokov » Sun Nov 10, 2019 6:54 pm

Aizcona wrote:Alright, I still have those questions that I hope will get answered though. It would be nice to know the size of things as they stand

So would I lol. To be perfectly honest, I'm still trying to calculate the exact numbers and borders here.
What am I even doing with my life

User avatar
Aizcona
Attaché
 
Posts: 71
Founded: Aug 28, 2019
Democratic Socialists

Postby Aizcona » Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:07 pm

Mokov wrote:
Aizcona wrote:Alright, I still have those questions that I hope will get answered though. It would be nice to know the size of things as they stand

So would I lol. To be perfectly honest, I'm still trying to calculate the exact numbers and borders here.

It might do you well to take a step back for a little bit. It would definetly do you well too to make maps of the conflict
Last edited by Aizcona on Sun Nov 10, 2019 7:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Brulafi
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Dec 28, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brulafi » Tue Nov 12, 2019 6:04 pm

So since I haven't posted for a while, Mokov, what would be best for me to post next?
⬛⬛
Proud member of The Western Isles. Check it out!

I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
Mokov
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mokov » Wed Nov 13, 2019 4:23 pm

Brulafi wrote:So since I haven't posted for a while, Mokov, what would be best for me to post next?

Perhaps an official intervention in the civil war would allow things to pick up again.
What am I even doing with my life

User avatar
Brulafi
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Dec 28, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brulafi » Sun Nov 17, 2019 11:14 am

I can make a post in the thread that goes along with a news post where the Party leadership announces support for Mokov, but with the actual socialist crisis in Magarat, support will become rather thin in the future for the Sons.
⬛⬛
Proud member of The Western Isles. Check it out!

I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
Mokov
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mokov » Wed Nov 20, 2019 3:22 pm

Brulafi wrote:I can make a post in the thread that goes along with a news post where the Party leadership announces support for Mokov, but with the actual socialist crisis in Magarat, support will become rather thin in the future for the Sons.

That'll help set up the eventual stalemate that I have planned. Also, I feel I should tell you that the original democratic 'Sons of Mokov' have been forced out by clerical fascists, as this may affect your IC response.
What am I even doing with my life

User avatar
Brulafi
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 132
Founded: Dec 28, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Brulafi » Sat Nov 23, 2019 8:40 am

Mokov wrote:
Brulafi wrote:I can make a post in the thread that goes along with a news post where the Party leadership announces support for Mokov, but with the actual socialist crisis in Magarat, support will become rather thin in the future for the Sons.

That'll help set up the eventual stalemate that I have planned. Also, I feel I should tell you that the original democratic 'Sons of Mokov' have been forced out by clerical fascists, as this may affect your IC response.

In that case, support will likely be withdrawn entirely. Thanks for keeping me updated.
⬛⬛
Proud member of The Western Isles. Check it out!

I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
The Aziran Islands
Secretary
 
Posts: 27
Founded: Jun 05, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Aziran Islands » Wed Jan 01, 2020 6:43 pm

I have a proposal for a new front in this roleplay.

I'm thinking that Aziria has a large population of Mokovi immigrants who have fled their home due to political repression. I thought it might be interesting if a notable Mokovi human rights activist living in Aziria is assassinated, and it's found that they were killed by an Aziran crime syndicate on the request of the KBA.

User avatar
Mokov
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 151
Founded: Aug 25, 2019
Father Knows Best State

Postby Mokov » Fri Jan 10, 2020 11:58 am

Go for it! This RP has slowed to a halt lol
What am I even doing with my life

Previous

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Hanshire, The Armedikan Order

Advertisement

Remove ads