NATION

PASSWORD

Of Bush, Boers, and Civil Wars (OOC, interest, planning)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Korrodos
Envoy

Founded: Aug 25, 2009
Father Knows Best State

Postby Korrodos » Wed Jul 31, 2019 7:09 pm

Hello!

Great writing by all so far, looks good! I am willing to join in, first probally with a condemnation of the rebel attacks, and an offer to mediate the conflict. If a peace keeping mission comes along I might be willing to deploy troops, or assist in supplying the government.

Let me know where you think I will fit best!

Thanks,

-K
Novikov: Sounds to me (in Korrodos) like every department, civil organization, and sporting club covers homeland security.

Korrodos is ranked 4,330th in the world and 1st in Nova for Most Advanced Defense Forces, scoring 14,006.58 on the Total War Preparedness Rating.

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Founded: Jul 25, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Thu Aug 01, 2019 12:01 pm

Korrodos wrote:Hello!

Great writing by all so far, looks good! I am willing to join in, first probally with a condemnation of the rebel attacks, and an offer to mediate the conflict. If a peace keeping mission comes along I might be willing to deploy troops, or assist in supplying the government.

Let me know where you think I will fit best!

Thanks,

-K

Thank you! I think having you as the main force behind potential mediation would be a good idea if you are willing to do that, someone who first tries to make the push to a political solution rather than supporting one side against the other.

Oslea
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2006
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Oslea » Thu Aug 01, 2019 7:11 pm

This looks interesting. If agreeable, I'd like to join offering limited air support. I was considering joining with a close air support wing (maybe a couple A-10s), but I don't know how appropriate that would be for a bush war. I feel like that'd be overkill.

Would it be acceptable to join the government side with a couple AH-64Es, the appropriate maintenance teams, admin staff, and ordnance, and a small detachment of ~20 Rangers to serve as ground team guards/recon? This would be an excellent opportunity for my IC government to earn some internal approval points.

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Thu Aug 01, 2019 11:31 pm

Oslea wrote:This looks interesting. If agreeable, I'd like to join offering limited air support. I was considering joining with a close air support wing (maybe a couple A-10s), but I don't know how appropriate that would be for a bush war. I feel like that'd be overkill.

Would it be acceptable to join the government side with a couple AH-64Es, the appropriate maintenance teams, admin staff, and ordnance, and a small detachment of ~20 Rangers to serve as ground team guards/recon? This would be an excellent opportunity for my IC government to earn some internal approval points.

Close Air support is actually incredibly appropriate for a bush war, however attack helicopters or gunships would be far more effective. So instead of A-10s, if you have any dakadaks, that would be much more effective. The rangers would also be an excellent addition.

United Confederate States
Attaché

Founded: Mar 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby United Confederate States » Fri Aug 02, 2019 7:46 pm

Hello, we'd love to join the RP, to smash these Terrorists and their unholy ideology.

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Founded: Sep 04, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:54 pm

So here is my ORBAT as I am currently envisioning it, which is lifted from a USMC Expeditionary Unit and then trimmed a bit:

13th Marine Infantry Battalion (reinforced): approx. 1,500 total personnel, approx. 600 combat troops
14x Light Armored Vehicles
6x M119 105mm howitzers
6x M198 155mm howitzers
3x AH-1 SuperCobra Attack Helicopters
3x UH-1N Twin Huey Light Utility Helicopters
12x CH-46E Sea Knight Medium Transport Helicopters
4x CH-53E Super Stallion Heavy Transport Helicopters
65x Humvees
30x Medium Tactical Trucks

Suidoos-Afrika let me know if this is too much or there's anything you want removed or scaled down.
Last edited by Atlantian Dominions on Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:52 am, edited 3 times in total.
The Confederation of Atlantian Dominions
My nation can be referred to as "the Atlantian Dominions" or "Atlantia"
Continuity currently undergoing major reconstruction - please stand by

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Sat Aug 03, 2019 11:07 am

Atlantian Dominions wrote:So here is my ORBAT as I am currently envisioning it, which is lifted from a USMC Expeditionary Unit and then trimmed a bit:

13th Marine Infantry Battalion (reinforced): approx. 1,400 total personnel, approx. 600 combat troops
14x Light Armored Vehicles
6x M777 155mm howitzers
3x AH-1Z Viper Attack Helicopters
3x UH-1Y Venom Light Utility Helicopters
12x CH-46E Sea Knight Medium Transport Helicopters
4x CH-53E Super Stallion Heavy Transport Helicopters
65x Humvees
30x Medium Tactical Trucks

Suidoos-Afrika let me know if this is too much or there's anything you want removed or scaled down.

Looks good to me!
United Confederate States wrote:Hello, we'd love to join the RP, to smash these Terrorists and their unholy ideology.

Welcome to the thread! We can take all the help we can get.

I have to work late but I should have another post up tonight or tomorrow morning

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Sun Aug 04, 2019 1:29 am

West Phoenicia would be interested in this story. We would be aligned with the white nationalists. But as my nation has a multi party system, no doubt not all would be agreement and you may find loyalties split in the conflict.

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Sun Aug 04, 2019 2:03 pm

West Phoenicia wrote:West Phoenicia would be interested in this story. We would be aligned with the white nationalists. But as my nation has a multi party system, no doubt not all would be agreement and you may find loyalties split in the conflict.

Feel free to post!

Also I really hope my busy work schedule is not a problem for everyone, I'm really sorry I'm only able to post every other day or so but works got me super busy. I should have a post up later tonight tho!

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Sun Aug 04, 2019 6:50 pm

As I'm writting this post its really hit me how difficult it is for me to try and cover all of the different factions by myself....

Atlantian Dominions, would you potentially want to take over and control the White Nationalists paramilitaries?

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Sun Aug 04, 2019 7:11 pm

Hey! Would I be allowed to roleplay as a few mercenaries? I still like the premise of the RP, but I don't think that my miniscule nation would get involved. I do think that a few soldiers for hire would like to see the beautiful continent of Africa, though (:
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Sun Aug 04, 2019 8:11 pm

Suidoos-Afrika wrote:Atlantian Dominions, would you potentially want to take over and control the White Nationalists paramilitaries?

Yes I can do that. Can you send me any additional information you have on them (any named leaders or units, any towns where they're active) that you have?

West Phoenicia
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 25, 2017
Left-Leaning College State

Postby West Phoenicia » Mon Aug 05, 2019 11:23 am

I can't seem to find the IC thread

Mersdon
Diplomat

Founded: Feb 28, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Mersdon » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:01 pm

Definitely interested. Tag
[floatright]
Does a French cowboy say ouihaw?

Thank you for coming to my TED talk.

Also, I may be inactive at times, so please bear with my erratic schedule on here.

Artsotska
Attaché

Founded: Apr 16, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Artsotska » Mon Aug 05, 2019 1:18 pm

Mersdon wrote:Definitely interested. Tag

Mersdon I need you immediately!

viewtopic.php?f=5&t=470058
Head of State & Chancellor of The Okchi Union

Political Expert

Democratic, Liberal, Gay, Political, Future Tech

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:39 am

Glad to see interest is still there and new people are joining! Unfortunstely I'm going to have to put a brief pause on the IC for a few days or so because of stuff keeping me busy.....

I promise the thread isnt dead or anything but until I have a few days off and get things situated for class that's starting soon I wont be able to get good posts up. I'm sorry about the delay!

Suele
Civil Servant

Founded: Jul 22, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Suele » Tue Aug 06, 2019 2:21 pm

Suidoos-Afrika wrote:Glad to see interest is still there and new people are joining! Unfortunstely I'm going to have to put a brief pause on the IC for a few days or so because of stuff keeping me busy.....

I promise the thread isnt dead or anything but until I have a few days off and get things situated for class that's starting soon I wont be able to get good posts up. I'm sorry about the delay!

Just an fyi, work has me tied up more days then not so I've actually really appreciated the current pace. A few days break here and there is fine by me.

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:56 pm

Atlantian Dominions wrote:
Suidoos-Afrika wrote:Atlantian Dominions, would you potentially want to take over and control the White Nationalists paramilitaries?

Yes I can do that. Can you send me any additional information you have on them (any named leaders or units, any towns where they're active) that you have?

For sure, I'll send a TG sometime today.

Also I got a day off tomorrow so I should have a post up or two

Vrijstaat Limburg
Ambassador

Founded: Jan 07, 2018
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Vrijstaat Limburg » Thu Aug 08, 2019 2:38 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Hey! Would I be allowed to roleplay as a few mercenaries? I still like the premise of the RP, but I don't think that my miniscule nation would get involved. I do think that a few soldiers for hire would like to see the beautiful continent of Africa, though (:

So, is this still open, or are you guys already in a story?
Economic Left/Right: 8.25
Social Libertarian/Authoritarian: 5.74

AmericanValues results

My personal voting record:
- Dutch parliamentary elections of 2021: Mr. Kees van der Staaij (Lijst 11 Reformed Political Party)
FÜRECH JOT
EER DIENGE JOUVERNEUR
DOT JET JOTS VEUR ET VOADERLAN

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Sat Aug 10, 2019 3:33 pm

Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:
Vrijstaat Limburg wrote:Hey! Would I be allowed to roleplay as a few mercenaries? I still like the premise of the RP, but I don't think that my miniscule nation would get involved. I do think that a few soldiers for hire would like to see the beautiful continent of Africa, though (:

So, is this still open, or are you guys already in a story?

Yes I'm sorry. You can still post!

Also, once again, I am so sorry I did not end up having a post up yesterday as I ended up going out with friends. There WILL be a post tonight though, even if I have to stay up late to get it out.

Suidoos-Afrika
Secretary

Ex-Nation

Postby Suidoos-Afrika » Mon Aug 12, 2019 12:53 pm

Also since there are alot if posts I often have to respond to I can very easily accident forget to respond to someones, so for sure let me know if I have forgotten something

Chimeran Collective
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 21, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Chimeran Collective » Tue Aug 13, 2019 7:48 am

Hello,

I was wondering if i could be a neighbouring nation sending fighters across the border to support the SPRF. It wouldn't be a large like invasion force just small scale teams to help supplement the Rebels.

Let me know if that's cool?

EDIT

Or I can provide peace keeping troops as well, or special forces hunting rebel camps across the borders of your nation as I guess they might be able to have them right?
Last edited by Chimeran Collective on Tue Aug 13, 2019 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rhyssua
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 29, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhyssua » Tue Aug 13, 2019 4:02 pm

I'd be interested in joining. I'd imagine siding with the government through financial support, training, and search-and-destroy tactics.

I'd essentially fly reconnaissance planes over an area, get information on rebel positions, then either call in limited airstrikes or drop Ospreys full of troops onto the scene. Thoughts?
Yooooo!

Think of me as a mix of Austria-Hungary and Yugoslavia (democratic, of course). How you get the name "Rhyssua" out of that, you ask? Shhhh....

NS stats are wack, so I use NS Tracker: http://nstracker.epizy.com/nation.php?nation=rhyssua

Oslea
Diplomat

Founded: Sep 22, 2006
Moralistic Democracy

Postby Oslea » Tue Aug 13, 2019 5:27 pm

Hey Suidoos-Afrika, I think you might've missed my IC post. (Let me know if I should change anything about it.)

Atlantian Dominions
Chargé d'Affaires

Ex-Nation

Postby Atlantian Dominions » Tue Aug 13, 2019 9:45 pm

Suidoos-Afrika, I've gone ahead and responded to the first part of your post, but I'm holding off on responding to the attack because I want to clarify the timeline with Suele.

Suele, you said your BMP was going to arrive a few minutes after when Suidoos-Afrika's men arrived. The attack, as Suidoos-Afrika wrote, doesn't happen until several hours after their troops arrived. Do you intend your BMP to be showing up later in time to catch sight of the attack about to begin or prior to that when the SEAA troops are arriving?

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents