NATION

PASSWORD

GWOTC: The New Order/The Last War (Parts 1 and 2; IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

Oppermenia
Minister

Founded: Apr 03, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Tue Dec 29, 2020 7:52 pm

Up North

Jon and Sarvos walked up north on the way to the Unit 0 Rebel Base. They hadn't talked about anything that went on with Markos, or the way Jon had acted. They didn't need to. Instead, they left that behind them, making their way back to base while maintaining a low profile.

Still, there had been a clear objective to that mission they had missed. They were supposed to get information from Markos to find out anything about the New Order and John Doe, but they were coming back empty-handed. They had nothing. In other words, Jon had failed. Sarvos was used to it, but it was hitting Jon harder. Every mission he'd gone on before, he was calm and composed. On this mission, he let his emotions get the better of him and keep them from achieving the objective.

At least they got some information. On the computers in Markos' safe room, they managed to get their hands on some info before it self-deleted itself. The Order was failing. South Acren was in a constant state of civil war between the Orderrites and anti-Order Acrenese, nations like Negena and South Raznakova were already retaliating, Dyllonia was once again a warzone for the major powers hoping to exploit it, and the Order was being forced to pull back many of their forces. So while the Oppermenian rebels didn't have much going for them, there was some hope for a victory.

They continued to walk down the path back to the base, but Jon soon heard a noise. It was low, like a hum. Soon, this noise faded into others that became a rumble.

Jon looked at Sarvos. "What's that?" Sarvos didn't see to know. They both walked further onto the horizon and saw a horde of trucks, tanks, planes, and mechs crossing right over their path. "Get down!" They both dropped to the groun.

"What do you think they're doing?" Sarvos asked.

"I don't know," Jon said.

"Well, they don't fly fly the New Order banner," Sarvos pointed out.

Jon realized Sarvos was right. They weren't flying any Orderrite banners. He decided to get up and get closer to get a better look. Sarvos followed. When he got close to it, he saw that it wasn't even flying a banner. Then, he heard a voice behind him say, "Jon Neddard!" His reflexes kicked in, and he turned around and grabbed the arm of the person, pulling him to the ground and subduing him.

"Argh!" the soldier groaned. He didn't look any bit intimidating. In fact, he looked kind of young. Jon questioned his sneak-attacker.

"Who are you? What's your business here?" Jon asked sternly. "Why aren't you flying any banners?"

"Captain Neddard, my name is Private Jorgenhauer of the Oppermenian rebels," he answered. "I was sent by Unit 0 command to get you. Sorry I snuck up on you, that was my mistake." Jon let go of him. Jorgenhauer sighed with relief. "Thank you, sir."

"And the banners?" Jon pressed.

"Well, we didn't want to draw attention to ourselves. We're making our way to Base 01-013 to meet with the King's forces." Jorgenhauer looked at Sarvos. "We already got your Harpy Family with us."

Jon's eyes went wide. "Wait, did you say the King's forces? As in King Kevin?"

"Yes, sir. King Kevin has his own rebel force closer to Oppermanson. They've retaken Base 01-013, and called all Oppermenian rebel groups to congregate there."

Jon couldn't believe it. He was about to see his brother again. Kevin...
Last edited by Oppermenia on Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Stick to the pack, and the pack will provide."
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
If you cross us, however, then as a pack, we will hunt you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sat Jan 09, 2021 4:45 pm

The Path

Jon and Sarvos walked on through the barren landscape of Oppermenia with the military convoy. The path seemed to go on forever, one foot stretching into a mile, and yet, the hours just flew by. A long journey, but it didn't feel like one. Perhaps the two soldiers just knew how to pass the time with thought. All that Jon was thinking about, though, was what he'd find at Base 01-013.

After a few hours, Sarvos spoke. "Well, it seems the wolf still howls at the moon." He looked at Jon. "So many groups persevered facing the Order, and now the King is bringing them together."

"Yeah..." Jon said.

"There may be hope for Oppermenia against the Order."

"Mhm..."

"...And now, they'll have their symbol back," he pointed out. "Captain Oppermenia."

Jon looked at Sarvos. "What's your point?"

"Well, are you going to rally them? Go after Doe?"

Jon couldn't really answer that. "I... don't know."
im
Not long after, a large structure could be seen on the horizon, a military stronghold that seemed almost a beacon. Other rebel groups could be seen coming from all directions for a reunion of the Oppermenian nation. They were almost upon Base 01-013.

"Well," Sarvos told him, "you'll have to figure that out soon." He walked ahead of him, leaving Jon to his thoughts.

Jon didn't know what he was going to do. Markos' words still lingered in his mind. He also wasn't sure if Oppermenia even needed Captain Oppermenia. He wasn't focused on any of that right now, though. His only focus was the thought of seeing his family again. Kevin was alive, meaning others could be, too. Like his comrades-in-arms, his siblings, his wife... Oh, Tara... He needed to see them all, see if they were alive. That came first. He kept walking to the base, about to face those who, in his mind, had become ghosts.
We are a leftist nation that believes in the "we" over "I". That's why we are fond of wolves, because the Alpha looks after the pack.
Stick with us, and give us loyalty, and we'll do things that benefit you, and we'll stick with you.
Don't underestimate us.
To learn more about the nation, click here: https://www.nationstates.net/nation=oppermenia/detail=factbook

Oppermenia
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Oppermenia » Sun Jan 10, 2021 5:13 pm

Base 01-013

When Jon and Sarvos entered the base, they could see many reunions. Soldiers hugging their families or their brothers-in-arms, people reuniting with their families. As they looked around, they still couldn't find anyone they needed to reunite with. They just stood there looking around in that wide open room as others got their happy endings.

Then, Sarvos heard a familiar voice. "Sarvos!" Sarvos looked behind him and saw Diane, followed by the Harpy Family.

"Diane," Sarvos greeted. "How was your journey?"

"It went smoothly," she told him. "They caught us on our way to the Unit 0 base, and they took us here. And now, we're all together and safe again!"

"Indeed." Sarvos let the ever so slightest crack of a grin, and the whole Harpy Family was smiling.

"Oh, my Lord Commander, I almost forgot. We talked to some military scientists who said they built a wing suit like yours you could borrow!"

"Wait, really?" Sarvos was surprised. He didn't expect to be brandishing the Harpy again.

"Yes, let's go talk to him!" Diane basically grabbed Sarvos, and the Harpy Family took off.

That exchange went by so fast that Jon didn't have time to bid farewell to Sarvos or thank him. Though, he was glad Sarv got his reunion. Jon, however, still waited for his.

Minutes went by. Jon's heart started beating fast, his hands sweating. He held his head in his hands. He didn't know what was going to happen or what to expect, and the anticipation was killing him. After a while, he heard a voice. He knew it sounded familiar, but he wasn't quite sure whose it was.

"Jon?" the voice asked. Jon looked behind him and saw his sister, Susan, along with his brothers Matthew and Myles.

"Oh my God!" He went in straight for a group hug. He hadn't seen them in so long. The shock of it and the weight of the moment made it hard for him to do anything else but just hug them (and he hadn't hugged anyone in a while). He pulled out, but before he could say something to them, he heard another familiar, yet hard to recognize, voice.

"Uncle Jon!" He looked past his siblings and saw Princess Natalie and Prince Mitchell.

"Natalie! Mitchell!" They ran up to him, and Jon embraced his niece and nephew. "Oh, I haven't seen you in ages! Man, you've grown. Almost adults. How've you guys been?"

"Great!" said Natalie.

"Miserable," said Mitchell.

Jon smiled. Typical for them both. Natalie was typically more optimistic and Mitchell more critical. He was so glad to see them. He looked up and saw none other than Ionia, his sister-in-law.

"Ionia!"

"Hi, Jon," she said teary-eyed with a smile.

He ran up to her to give her a hug. "It's been so long, how are you?" He pulled out.

"As good as one can be during this time," she replied.

Jon gave a look of sympathy. He could tell by her face that she was trying her hardest to keep it together. Nonetheless, he was happy to see her. He was happy to see everyone, for that matter. Then, he remembered.

"Is Tara here?" he asked. "Did Jim get her to you?"

Her masking smile waned. "No, Jon, I'm sorry."

"Oh..." He was hoping Tara might've been here, with so many loved ones thought dead being here, but she wasn't. Perhaps she was dead after all... Still, he was glad to see his family again.

Ionia's demeanor changed. "Now, Jon, there's something I need to tell you... about Kevin..."

Jon raised his eyebrows. "Kevin? What's up with Kevin?"

"Jon, Kevin... is a very different man than the one you knew."

As Jon heard her explain further, he was horrified.
Don't underestimate us.

Negena
Spokesperson

Founded: Jul 29, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Negena » Sun Jan 10, 2021 6:53 pm

Dyllongrad

"Move into the center line, and have artillery target the outer walls here, here and here," Kroints told his new army, a rabble of Ithallian, Dyllonian and, yes, Negenan freedom fighters, "The Volkstaaf and the HSP are fortifying most of the inner defenses, but the outer ones should fall relatively quickly. Thats the main battle. If we can get inside the walls of the City, we'll be that much harder to push out. From there, we move on to the centre point, the Negenan-New Order Command post. Provided we break through the city's defenses, capturing the command post will result in a rout of the Loyalist factions."

This last part sounded so wholly absurd to Kroints. Not a week ago, he was forming plans for the Empire, now he was drawing them up AGAINST the Empire...

Don't you know the worlds gone upside down...

"ALRIGHT!" Sgt Fred Nedder barked at the soldiers present, " You heard the boss! Break through the outer walls and establish an inner echelon to break into the command post. Every one, gear up! Its Show time!"

Not too far away, Ithallian Artillery crews recieved their orders and began priming the massive, 164mm cannons.

"Copy copy, Pack Leader, This is Sentinel Hotel Charlie, ready for the ball, over."

"Copy Copy, Hotel Charlie, need immediate fire mission at grid November 1 1 5 3 4 8 Echo 0 0 0 8 9 4. Verify Juliette Golf."

"Romeo Whiskey. Copy, Pack Leader, Fire Mission recieved. How much bang for your buck do you want?"

"The biggest one you got, Hotel Charlie, Over and out."

"Copy. Stand by crew, guns 4 through 22, sound off."

"Copy Check."

"Load with 164 SABOT HE DIVOTS"

"Copy Golden."

"GUN! READY!"

"LOAD! CLEAR!"

"Confirm grid November 1 1 5 3 4 8 Echo 0 0 0 8 9 4."

"Copy Confirm."

"Keep an eye on it, don't want to rain on our boys."

"No sir, Golden."

"Stand by! CLEAR!"

"FIRE!"

"AWAY!"

For a split second, silence reigned in the Dyllonian Forests, then the guns of the 809th Ithallian Artillery Regiment thundered the fire and fury towards the Negenan Forces in Dyllongrad...

Draos

"He means it, Vyndor." Rhoodi implored, but Vyndor threw up his hands in disgust.

"Save it, Rhoodi. Last time I saw you was at Tarses Navy Base and you wiped out thousands of my men there. How do you expect me to trust you now?"

"Because you were RIGHT!" Rhoodi shouted, in spite of himself, catching even Vodovenko off guard, "Do you remember what you told me, at the Armistice? Sooner or later, I'm going to have to choose Honor or Loyalty?"

Vyndor caught himself...he indeed remembered...

"That day has come," Rhoodi pressed on, "Vorster has lost it...He's restarted the Anubis Project, and he's using Ithallian Children to do it."

Vyndor physically recoiled in disgust and anguish.

"Liar!" He stuttered.

"I wish I was." Rhoodi shook his head.

Vyndor took a stunned half step back, breathing hard.

"Children...on children?! Not even Vorster...He'd never go THAT low..."

"He has. I'm...I'm sorry Erik..."

Lacona

Emperor Vorster breathed through clenched teeth, his smile fiendishly wide as he observed his newest legion. The union of man and machine was now perfected. Before him stood 20,000 Cyborgs of the 1st Anubis Division. bodies ripped apart and stapled back together, metal arms and legs built into garish amalgamations of metal, pneumatics and wiring. Dead, flat red sensor eyes glared with an emotionless fury, turned skyward as Vorster raised his arms in triumph.

"Obey your master!"

In a harsh, metallic unitone, the androids raised an iron fist in salute and cried out.

"ALL HAIL EMPEROR VORSTER! MASTER OF THE WORLD! LONG WILL HE REIGN!!"

Previous

Return to International Incidents