NATION

PASSWORD

The Darkest Hour (MATURE)(MT/PMT)(OOC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
Pere Housh Alpha
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 434
Founded: Feb 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pere Housh Alpha » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:14 pm

This is the Australian Queendom of Pere Housh Alpha and I'm Australia that declared its complete independence from the British Commonwealth after WW1. We establish ourselves as a world power by challenging Japans naval supremacy. We enter WW2 on the side of the Allies preventing the Japanese from taking Southeast Asia. After WW2, we become close allies with the Americans with the Americans helping us establish our nuclear program in 1952.

We will remain neutral for now but will watch event unfold with interest.
As Ben Shapiro likes to say, "Facts don't care about feelings."
Michael Thomas, Member of National People's Party

“The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
Thomas Jefferson

Pro: Capitalism, Conservatism, Right to Bear Arms, Death Penalty, Legal Immigration,Trump
Against: SJWS, Modern Leftism, Socialism, Islamism, Orwellian Government, Communism, AOC, Political correctness

User avatar
Significance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1588
Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Fri Jun 28, 2019 3:45 pm

Pere Housh Alpha wrote:This is the Australian Queendom of Pere Housh Alpha and I'm Australia that declared its complete independence from the British Commonwealth after WW1. We establish ourselves as a world power by challenging Japans naval supremacy. We enter WW2 on the side of the Allies preventing the Japanese from taking Southeast Asia. After WW2, we become close allies with the Americans with the Americans helping us establish our nuclear program in 1952.

We will remain neutral for now but will watch event unfold with interest.


Significance is supposed to be in Australia. I think I mentioned that. How do you propose we solve the problem?

User avatar
Pere Housh Alpha
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 434
Founded: Feb 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pere Housh Alpha » Fri Jun 28, 2019 9:18 pm

Significance wrote:
Pere Housh Alpha wrote:This is the Australian Queendom of Pere Housh Alpha and I'm Australia that declared its complete independence from the British Commonwealth after WW1. We establish ourselves as a world power by challenging Japans naval supremacy. We enter WW2 on the side of the Allies preventing the Japanese from taking Southeast Asia. After WW2, we become close allies with the Americans with the Americans helping us establish our nuclear program in 1952.

We will remain neutral for now but will watch event unfold with interest.


Significance is supposed to be in Australia. I think I mentioned that. How do you propose we solve the problem?

I get half and you get half.
As Ben Shapiro likes to say, "Facts don't care about feelings."
Michael Thomas, Member of National People's Party

“The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
Thomas Jefferson

Pro: Capitalism, Conservatism, Right to Bear Arms, Death Penalty, Legal Immigration,Trump
Against: SJWS, Modern Leftism, Socialism, Islamism, Orwellian Government, Communism, AOC, Political correctness

User avatar
Significance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1588
Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Sat Jun 29, 2019 2:50 pm

Pere Housh Alpha wrote:
Significance wrote:
Significance is supposed to be in Australia. I think I mentioned that. How do you propose we solve the problem?

I get half and you get half.


Fair enough. Accepted.

User avatar
Kyrusia
Retired Moderator
 
Posts: 10090
Founded: Nov 12, 2007
Capitalizt

Postby Kyrusia » Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:26 pm

Significance: There is no such thing as an "+18 Roleplay" on NationStates, period. Your title is misleading and is likely to misconstrue players' perceptions sufficiently to invite overt breaking of the PG-13 Rule. Rather than outright lock this thread, I've taken time to review both the OOC and IC and have not immediately discovered content that surpasses the PG-13 Rule. As such, I will be removing the "+18" in the title of each and replacing it instead with the tag "MATURE":
Kyrusia wrote:MATURE: A thread tag which typically indicates a given thread (or post) may contain potentially sensitive material, such as violence or implied sexuality. Using the "MATURE" tag does not mean a player can post material which violates the PG-13/Offensive Material Rules. The utilization of the "MATURE" tag is purely a kindness to other players who may not wish to read/participate in such a thread.

As noted, this does not excuse players involved in this thread to break the PG-13 Rule. All it notes is that the content and subject matter may potentially be sensitive. Further, a friendly reminder that if a thread descends into "shock and awe"-style gore posting, it is going to be locked, and that "In-Character" has never been an excuse to troll. As long as things remain in compliance with the PG-13 Rule, I see no reason to bring-out the *** Official Redtext™ *** over what amounts, from where I sit, to a mere misunderstanding.
Last edited by Kyrusia on Sat Jun 29, 2019 5:28 pm, edited 2 times in total.
//409:teknogeist//
FT ADVICE THREAD // NSFT DISCORD

User avatar
Significance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1588
Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:46 pm

Kyrusia wrote:Significance: There is no such thing as an "+18 Roleplay" on NationStates, period. Your title is misleading and is likely to misconstrue players' perceptions sufficiently to invite overt breaking of the PG-13 Rule. Rather than outright lock this thread, I've taken time to review both the OOC and IC and have not immediately discovered content that surpasses the PG-13 Rule. As such, I will be removing the "+18" in the title of each and replacing it instead with the tag "MATURE":
Kyrusia wrote:MATURE: A thread tag which typically indicates a given thread (or post) may contain potentially sensitive material, such as violence or implied sexuality. Using the "MATURE" tag does not mean a player can post material which violates the PG-13/Offensive Material Rules. The utilization of the "MATURE" tag is purely a kindness to other players who may not wish to read/participate in such a thread.

As noted, this does not excuse players involved in this thread to break the PG-13 Rule. All it notes is that the content and subject matter may potentially be sensitive. Further, a friendly reminder that if a thread descends into "shock and awe"-style gore posting, it is going to be locked, and that "In-Character" has never been an excuse to troll. As long as things remain in compliance with the PG-13 Rule, I see no reason to bring-out the *** Official Redtext™ *** over what amounts, from where I sit, to a mere misunderstanding.


Apologies. This thread is highly experimental in what it hopes to emulate, so I have been extremely cautious. I'll remember this post in future.

User avatar
New yugoslavaia
Minister
 
Posts: 2082
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New yugoslavaia » Sun Jun 30, 2019 1:57 pm

I might join.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Sure, there's factbooks and stuff, but they don't really matter because the owner of this account is a lazy, unproductive, indecisive loser who may or may not have a thing for half human hybrids, big mechs and even bigger ships.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

User avatar
Pere Housh Alpha
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 434
Founded: Feb 06, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Pere Housh Alpha » Mon Jul 01, 2019 4:14 am

Significance wrote:
Pere Housh Alpha wrote:I get half and you get half.


Fair enough. Accepted.

If we do this, we should be allies or at least neutral.
As Ben Shapiro likes to say, "Facts don't care about feelings."
Michael Thomas, Member of National People's Party

“The constitutions of most of our States assert, that all power is inherent in the people...that it is their right and duty to be at all times armed.”
Thomas Jefferson

Pro: Capitalism, Conservatism, Right to Bear Arms, Death Penalty, Legal Immigration,Trump
Against: SJWS, Modern Leftism, Socialism, Islamism, Orwellian Government, Communism, AOC, Political correctness

User avatar
Rhinocera
Minister
 
Posts: 2065
Founded: Apr 15, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Rhinocera » Mon Jul 01, 2019 6:34 am

This thread seems interesting, but before I make an application I wanted to know if there is any concrete evidence suggesting that the NAS is undertaking crimes against humanity?
RED STAR HEAVY INDUSTRIES

http://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=243572

Signatory of The Amistad Declaration on Slavery and the Rights of Man

https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=98436#p4901606

User avatar
EastKekistan
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1555
Founded: Jun 30, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby EastKekistan » Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:06 am

Significance wrote:WARNING, PLEASE READ BEFORE CONTINUING: This RP deals with subject matters such as anti-semitism, dscriminination, genocide/holocausts, eugenics, and many other disturbing concepts. This RP is not for the easily squeamish, or easily offended, and if you are such a person, please steer clear, for your own safety. Thank you

For those that remain:
Some time in the future (edit: Late 2050's), a nation calling itself the National American Socialists rises up in Alaska. While it's rhetoric echoes that of Adolf Hitler, there has yet to be any concrete evidence to show the leadership committing violent acts to it's populace. However, it does seem that where ever the countries leadership goes, a river of blood follows.

Soon, events will transpire that will cause the entire world to take note of events in this fledging nation. One such nation already a part of these events is the Constitutional Empire of Significance, although it's Emperor does not know this yet....

The fate of the world is in your hands.

Important information:
-My original nation is Significance. I made the National American Socialists (NAS) for the purpose of the RP.
-I use the real world map. The NAS occupy Alaska (as stated before), Significance occupies Australia. Nations that have land that does not exist IRL may join, but must make a map of their territory and say where it is in the world.
- NS stats are unimportant. I prefer talking about power levels. Significance for example is a superpower, like the USA. The NAS, in comparison, are more like a regional power.
-This RP focuses on story over war. Battles can happen, but you must tell a good story first, the consequences of the battles are secondary.

Rules:
No godmoding, make sure to have other players consent when interacting with them, no teleporting, don't just walk over other nations (be too overpowered), it isn't fun and it ruins the story.

Application form:
As you have the freedom the chose to act however you like as events unfold, I ask only of two things.
-Nation name
-Some information about your nation
-and what you initially plan to do in the RP

If I find your response satisfactory, I'll let you join, but I may also ask for more information.

IC Thread viewtopic.php?f=5&t=467186&p=35858863#p35858863


We are East Kekistan, an ethnonationalist alliance of racially NE Asian nations and colonies.

Our core territories are from Tibet to Japan. Our colonies are in both the Pacific Ocean and in SE Asia & Africa if you prefer us not to use space forces.

We have good relations with both white Aryans and Jews. Hence we decide to stay neutral for the time being. We disagree with socialism but won't interfere in others' countries for the purpose of removing it.

We will closely monitor what both sides do in order to protect our own national interests from the chaos.
Last edited by EastKekistan on Mon Jul 01, 2019 7:08 am, edited 2 times in total.
1. 85% of the moon
2. 45% of Mars
3. The rest of the Solar System (Solar System is Division 0)
4. 27 other divisions (Division 1-27)
An alliance of racially Northeast Asian countries friendly with White Nationalists, Zionists and nationalists in the Middle East and India.
We are an alliance of rich, safe and clean nations. Rapid scientific development, space exploration, modern cities, skyscrapers and high-speed trains..you will enjoy ultra-modern life if you come and visit us.
We were a Tier 7, Level 0, Type 8 civilization according to this index. Our old map News By 3173 we rule over the universe.

User avatar
Snofjogur
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snofjogur » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:48 am

Is this still open? If so, I’d like to join, please.

Nation name: Nordland

Nation info: Nordland is the result of the political unification of Snofjogur (my NS nation; factbook here, though it is the year 2030 in the factbook, so just extrapolate anything it says there) and Iceland in 2051. Our capital is Reykjavík, and we control the territories of Snofjogur (map here) and real-world Iceland. Our population is about 700,000, over 70% of which consists of convinced atheists (most of the rest are lutherans of one variety or another, so we don’t have a significant jewish population). We have stringent immigration-control and environmentalist laws, as well as strictly anti-interventionist policies, but we will support human rights and environmentalism elsewhere on Earth. We do not have an army and are thus unable to fight; however, we have extremely advanced information-tech and biotech industries and export our technological products (which include lab-grown food and organs and advanced AI) to many nations, especially those in the Arctic and north-Atlantic regions. We have excellent relations with most of Europe and okay-ish relations with the USA (they used to be good, but then the USA used nuclear weapons on North Korea in 2025 and things have been chilly ever since; however, if this conflicts with your canon then I’ll pretend it never happened). We have had a permanent colony on Mars for a quarter of a century (with robotic drones and rovers until 2047 and humans since then); in my canon, the only other Martian colony (currently only with drones and rovers) belongs to the European Space Agency, but, again, this doesn’t have to come into play here if it contradicts your canon (also, I doubt Mars will come into play at all). Nordland is a nation with minimal corruption and crime and many effective measures in place to deal with any Nordlander politicians who act against the nation’s rules and laws, meaning we effectively can’t be bribed or blackmailed. We have a socialist economy but do not see ourselves as communists and, though we dislike capitalism because we view it as intrinsically unfair, do not inherently dislike capitalist nations.

What we’d do in the game: As stated above, no fighting. We’re deeply committed to science, culture and progress, so we’d help Deugaw’s efforts to preserve libraries and such. We would also be willing to increase our biotech and infotech exports to the USA and would refuse to trade with (and condemn in any UN/WA meetings) the NAS. We’d provide foreign aid to civilian casualties in the coming conflict. We have excellent standing with the EU (though we are not a member state), especially the Scandinavian countries, and in the UN/WA, so we have plenty of allies who can probably defend us from threats, seeing as we don’t have an army. We’re willing to take a small number of refugees in as long as they fully assimilate into our culture; if this game spans several years, you might see us remorselessly kicking out any immigrants/refugees who fail to assimilate after a few years (where they go is not our concern).

Let me know if that works with the game you’d like to run.

All edits to this post have been made to correct typos.
Last edited by Snofjogur on Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:32 am, edited 8 times in total.
FACTBOOK

IC date = today + 11 years

Latest news: Warmest day on record, climate summit to be held

Games:
2057: The darkest hour (OOC | IC)

My nation (the factbook version) fully reflects my views. Running a psychotic dictatorship where people have zero rights can be fun, but at the end of the day I find it much more interesting to try to pull together a nation full of groups with different interests and make sure everyone gets along while balancing things like education, welfare, environment, industry and economic growth and making sure everyone gets what they deserve.


User avatar
Significance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1588
Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Mon Jul 01, 2019 5:12 pm

Pere Housh Alpha wrote:
Significance wrote:
Fair enough. Accepted.

If we do this, we should be allies or at least neutral.


Well the two nations are neutral to the NAS for now, so I see no conflict. Also, however you wish to split the land, I want the side with I think it's Tasmania on (the little island in the south east bottom corner of Australia).

Rhinocera wrote:This thread seems interesting, but before I make an application I wanted to know if there is any concrete evidence suggesting that the NAS is undertaking crimes against humanity?


Not yet. Although that to change soon.

EastKekistan wrote:
We are East Kekistan, an ethnonationalist alliance of racially NE Asian nations and colonies.

Our core territories are from Tibet to Japan. Our colonies are in both the Pacific Ocean and in SE Asia & Africa if you prefer us not to use space forces.

We have good relations with both white Aryans and Jews. Hence we decide to stay neutral for the time being. We disagree with socialism but won't interfere in others' countries for the purpose of removing it.

We will closely monitor what both sides do in order to protect our own national interests from the chaos.


As long as the space forces are PMT, and the numbers are limited (think about how you would get that sort of fleet to orbit) they are allowed. Also, don't just use this as an excuse to blow everyone's satellites up, if you do, I might have to retcon those forces. Also I'll add an edit so others know they can have similar forces. Accepted.

Snofjogur wrote:Is this still open? If so, I’d like to join, please.

Nation name: Nordland

Nation info: Nordland is the result of the political unification of Snofjogur (my NS nation; factbook here, though it is the year 2030 in the factbook, so just extrapolate anything it says there) and Iceland in 2051. Our capital is Reykjavík, and we control the territories of Snofjogur (map here) and real-world Iceland. Our population is about 700,000, over 70% of which consists of convinced atheists (most of the rest are lutherans of one variety or another, so we don’t have a significant jewish population). We have stringent immigration-control and environmentalist laws, as well as strictly anti-interventionist policies, but we will support human rights and environmentalism elsewhere on Earth. We do not have an army and are thus unable to fight; however, we have extremely advanced information-tech and biotech industries and export our technological products (which include lab-grown food and organs and advanced AI) to many nations, especially those in the Arctic and north-Atlantic regions. We have excellent relations with most of Europe and okay-ish relations with the USA (they used to be good, but then the USA used nuclear weapons on North Korea in 2025 and things have been chilly ever since; however, if this conflicts with your canon then I’ll pretend it never happened). We have had a permanent colony on Mars for a quarter of a century (with robotic drones and rovers until 2047 and humans since then); in my canon, the only other Martian colony (currently only with drones and rovers) belongs to the European Space Agency, but, again, this doesn’t have to come into play here if it contradicts your canon (also, I doubt Mars will come into play at all). Nordland is a nation with minimal corruption and crime and many effective measures in place to deal with any Nordlander politicians who act against the nation’s rules and laws, meaning we effectively can’t be bribed or blackmailed. We have a socialist economy but do not see ourselves as communists and, though we dislike capitalism because we view it as intrinsically unfair, do not inherently dislike capitalist nations.

What we’d do in the game: As stated above, no fighting. We’re deeply committed to science, culture and progress, so we’d help Deugaw’s efforts to preserve libraries and such. We would also be willing to increase our biotech and infotech exports to the USA and would refuse to trade with (and condemn in any UN/WA meetings) the NAS. We’d provide foreign aid to civilian casualties in the coming conflict. We have excellent standing with the EU (though we are not a member state), especially the Scandinavian countries, and in the UN/WA, so we have plenty of allies who can probably defend us from threats, seeing as we don’t have an army. We’re willing to take a small number of refugees in as long as they fully assimilate into our culture; if this game spans several years, you might see us remorselessly kicking out any immigrants/refugees who fail to assimilate after a few years (where they go is not our concern).

Let me know if that works with the game you’d like to run.

All edits to this post have been made to correct typos.


Accepted, although I am curious, what kind of spaceship tech do you have? Might make a plotline involving space. Part of the experimental weapons the NAS are making is all I'll say for now.

User avatar
Snofjogur
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snofjogur » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:43 pm

Significance wrote:Accepted, although I am curious, what kind of spaceship tech do you have? Might make a plotline involving space. Part of the experimental weapons the NAS are making is all I'll say for now.

Hooray!

We currently have rocketships capable of reliably transporting 30 people (or several dozen tonnes of cargo) at a time to/from Mars in 7–8 months during launch windows (roughly every 2.25 years). Nothing fancy like lunar bases or space fighters. (I like hard sci-fi.) We do have a robust comms-satellite network linking Earth and Mars (interplanetary messages take between 3 and 22 minutes to reach their destination, depending on the planets’ relative positions) and providing coverage in and around our territory on Earth, and we’ve contributed a few astronauts to the ISS. Our Martian colony consists of a single outpost, as does the ESA’s. Our outpost consists of an energy/water/oxygen production grid and a habitation dome which currently houses 24 colonists. We have 30 more colonists on the way, so a second habitation dome is being built. Apart from housing, the dome contains what you might expect is needed to keep a colony running: a farm (Mars doesn’t have the raw organic material needed for our lab-grown food), a workshop, an infirmary and a research station.
Last edited by Snofjogur on Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FACTBOOK

IC date = today + 11 years

Latest news: Warmest day on record, climate summit to be held

Games:
2057: The darkest hour (OOC | IC)

My nation (the factbook version) fully reflects my views. Running a psychotic dictatorship where people have zero rights can be fun, but at the end of the day I find it much more interesting to try to pull together a nation full of groups with different interests and make sure everyone gets along while balancing things like education, welfare, environment, industry and economic growth and making sure everyone gets what they deserve.


User avatar
Significance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1588
Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:49 am

Snofjogur wrote:
Significance wrote:Accepted, although I am curious, what kind of spaceship tech do you have? Might make a plotline involving space. Part of the experimental weapons the NAS are making is all I'll say for now.

Hooray!

We currently have rocketships capable of reliably transporting 30 people (or several dozen tonnes of cargo) at a time to/from Mars in 7–8 months during launch windows (roughly every 2.25 years). Nothing fancy like lunar bases or space fighters. (I like hard sci-fi.) We do have a robust comms-satellite network linking Earth and Mars (interplanetary messages take between 3 and 22 minutes to reach their destination, depending on the planets’ relative positions) and providing coverage in and around our territory on Earth, and we’ve contributed a few astronauts to the ISS. Our Martian colony consists of a single outpost, as does the ESA’s. Our outpost consists of an energy/water/oxygen production grid and a habitation dome which currently houses 24 colonists. We have 30 more colonists on the way, so a second habitation dome is being built. Apart from housing, the dome contains what you might expect is needed to keep a colony running: a farm (Mars doesn’t have the raw organic material needed for our lab-grown food), a workshop, an infirmary and a research station.


As long as you have powerful enough space craft, my idea can work. Say if there's a weapon in orbit, you can reach it to try and shut it down.
Last edited by Significance on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:50 am, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Snofjogur
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snofjogur » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:52 am

Significance wrote:
Snofjogur wrote:Hooray!

We currently have rocketships capable of reliably transporting 30 people (or several dozen tonnes of cargo) at a time to/from Mars in 7–8 months during launch windows (roughly every 2.25 years). Nothing fancy like lunar bases or space fighters. (I like hard sci-fi.) We do have a robust comms-satellite network linking Earth and Mars (interplanetary messages take between 3 and 22 minutes to reach their destination, depending on the planets’ relative positions) and providing coverage in and around our territory on Earth, and we’ve contributed a few astronauts to the ISS. Our Martian colony consists of a single outpost, as does the ESA’s. Our outpost consists of an energy/water/oxygen production grid and a habitation dome which currently houses 24 colonists. We have 30 more colonists on the way, so a second habitation dome is being built. Apart from housing, the dome contains what you might expect is needed to keep a colony running: a farm (Mars doesn’t have the raw organic material needed for our lab-grown food), a workshop, an infirmary and a research station.


As long as you have powerful enough space craft, my idea can work. Say if there's a weapon in orbit, you can reach it to try and shut it down.

Oh, that we can definitely do.

I'm so excited!
FACTBOOK

IC date = today + 11 years

Latest news: Warmest day on record, climate summit to be held

Games:
2057: The darkest hour (OOC | IC)

My nation (the factbook version) fully reflects my views. Running a psychotic dictatorship where people have zero rights can be fun, but at the end of the day I find it much more interesting to try to pull together a nation full of groups with different interests and make sure everyone gets along while balancing things like education, welfare, environment, industry and economic growth and making sure everyone gets what they deserve.


User avatar
Significance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1588
Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:06 pm

Snofjogur wrote:
Significance wrote:
As long as you have powerful enough space craft, my idea can work. Say if there's a weapon in orbit, you can reach it to try and shut it down.

Oh, that we can definitely do.

I'm so excited!


Just remember that the idea will be over the long term. Also I'll want to have more nations involved in it if I go ahead with it.

User avatar
New yugoslavaia
Minister
 
Posts: 2082
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New yugoslavaia » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:38 pm

1. Should a map be done a some point?

2.
Code: Select all
Nation name: New Yugoslavia.
Some information about your nation: A reunited Yugoslavia (Duh) forged out of the fires of a failed corporatocracy that was suppose to evolve from a pseudo-nationalist government propped up by a PMC. After the collapse of the corporation behind this, the worker, populists and military banded together and launched a successful coup. Now a market socialist government like it's incarnation before the break up, the president (William Isaac Pavlik) put a large focus on technological advancement to catch up with the rest of the developed world. Now a major power in Europe (or at least southern and eastern Europe, the Mediterranean and the northern middle east), it's well known for its advanced technology (including the military) and extensive use of renewable energy and to a lesser extent, it's self reliance, although it's not afraid to co-operate. We also have a space navy, some moon colonies and some other things (although that's confidential...for now).
What you initially plan to do in the RP: Observe and interact with NAS to see what they're up to. If they're doing anything too extreme or they start attacking other nations, we will act.


BTW, did I hear someone say...more nations?
Last edited by New yugoslavaia on Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:40 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Sure, there's factbooks and stuff, but they don't really matter because the owner of this account is a lazy, unproductive, indecisive loser who may or may not have a thing for half human hybrids, big mechs and even bigger ships.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

User avatar
Significance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1588
Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:52 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:1. Should a map be done a some point?

2.
Code: Select all
Nation name: New Yugoslavia.
Some information about your nation: A reunited Yugoslavia (Duh) forged out of the fires of a failed corporatocracy that was suppose to evolve from a pseudo-nationalist government propped up by a PMC. After the collapse of the corporation behind this, the worker, populists and military banded together and launched a successful coup. Now a market socialist government like it's incarnation before the break up, the president (William Isaac Pavlik) put a large focus on technological advancement to catch up with the rest of the developed world. Now a major power in Europe (or at least southern and eastern Europe, the Mediterranean and the northern middle east), it's well known for its advanced technology (including the military) and extensive use of renewable energy and to a lesser extent, it's self reliance, although it's not afraid to co-operate. We also have a space navy, some moon colonies and some other things (although that's confidential...for now).
What you initially plan to do in the RP: Observe and interact with NAS to see what they're up to. If they're doing anything too extreme or they start attacking other nations, we will act.


BTW, did I hear someone say...more nations?


Accepted. Also, how do you plan on interacting? I think some underhand showcasing might be in order....

User avatar
New yugoslavaia
Minister
 
Posts: 2082
Founded: Jun 07, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby New yugoslavaia » Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:24 pm

Significance wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:1. Should a map be done a some point?

2.
Code: Select all
Nation name: New Yugoslavia.
Some information about your nation: A reunited Yugoslavia (Duh) forged out of the fires of a failed corporatocracy that was suppose to evolve from a pseudo-nationalist government propped up by a PMC. After the collapse of the corporation behind this, the worker, populists and military banded together and launched a successful coup. Now a market socialist government like it's incarnation before the break up, the president (William Isaac Pavlik) put a large focus on technological advancement to catch up with the rest of the developed world. Now a major power in Europe (or at least southern and eastern Europe, the Mediterranean and the northern middle east), it's well known for its advanced technology (including the military) and extensive use of renewable energy and to a lesser extent, it's self reliance, although it's not afraid to co-operate. We also have a space navy, some moon colonies and some other things (although that's confidential...for now).
What you initially plan to do in the RP: Observe and interact with NAS to see what they're up to. If they're doing anything too extreme or they start attacking other nations, we will act.


BTW, did I hear someone say...more nations?


Accepted. Also, how do you plan on interacting? I think some underhand showcasing might be in order....


Communicating with them to see just how bad they are.
Yugoslavia's back baby...

How the hell did this happen?
Well...we don't actually know. Sure, there's factbooks and stuff, but they don't really matter because the owner of this account is a lazy, unproductive, indecisive loser who may or may not have a thing for half human hybrids, big mechs and even bigger ships.
Is it a reunited Yugoslavia in the 21st century? Is a rebel colony world in the far future? Who knows, who cares?
New Yugoslavia just is.

User avatar
Snofjogur
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snofjogur » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:30 pm

New yugoslavaia wrote:1. Should a map be done a some point?

Here, I made this. Everyone, please let me know if you'd like anything changed.

Image
(click to enlarge)

A few notes:

1. I tried to split Australia in half fairly both in terms of cities and in terms of territory while preserving province boundaries. Pere Housh Alpha kinda called dibs on Sydney, so they get the eastern half, comprised of the provinces of Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Northern Territory; important cities are New Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane and Darwin. Significance said they wanted Tasmania, so I've given them that province and the remainder of mainland Australia, which comprises the provinces of Western Australia and South Australia; important cities are Perth, Adelaide and Hobart. Again, though, let me know if you'd like some other arrangement.

2. I've included the island of Kyneland (just west of Denmark) because that NS nation exists in my canon, but it's easy to remove if everyone else wants it removed, seeing as it isn't playing (so far, at least).

3. I've included non-NAS USA because it seems it's going to be important for the game (even if nobody's playing as it).

4. I haven't marked the Second British Republic's overseas holdings, partly because it's a lot of territory (seems a bit OP to me, but that's not for me to decide) and partly because it conflicts with the two other claims we already have for Australia. If WCC wants me to include those holdings (except Australia, of course) and Significance will allow it, I'll add them.

5. I've taken away the holdings of Domina Nostra Nova Terra in what is today northeastern USA to avoid conflicts (so DNNT is currently the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario). As above, if DNNT wants Maine and the bits of Michigan and Wisconsin that are on their factbook map and Significance allows it, I'll take them from the USA and give them to DNNT.

6. I've taken the Koreas away from East Kekistan because Joseonville had already claimed them as its territory.
Last edited by Snofjogur on Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
FACTBOOK

IC date = today + 11 years

Latest news: Warmest day on record, climate summit to be held

Games:
2057: The darkest hour (OOC | IC)

My nation (the factbook version) fully reflects my views. Running a psychotic dictatorship where people have zero rights can be fun, but at the end of the day I find it much more interesting to try to pull together a nation full of groups with different interests and make sure everyone gets along while balancing things like education, welfare, environment, industry and economic growth and making sure everyone gets what they deserve.


User avatar
Madossa
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 461
Founded: May 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Madossa » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:38 pm

Snofjogur wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:1. Should a map be done a some point?

Here, I made this. Everyone, please let me know if you'd like anything changed.

Image
(click to enlarge)

A few notes:

1. I tried to split Australia in half fairly both in terms of cities and in terms of territory while preserving province boundaries. Pere Housh Alpha kinda called dibs on Sydney, so they get the eastern half, comprised of the provinces of Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Northern Territory; important cities are New Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane and Darwin. Significance said they wanted Tasmania, so I've given them that province and the remainder of mainland Australia, which comprises the provinces of Western Australia and South Australia; important cities are Perth, Adelaide and Hobart. Again, though, let me know if you'd like some other arrangement.

2. I've included the island of Kyneland (just west of Denmark) because that NS nation exists in my canon, but it's easy to remove if everyone else wants it removed, seeing as it isn't playing (so far, at least).

3. I've included non-NAS USA because it seems it's going to be important for the game (even if nobody's playing as it).

4. I haven't marked the Second British Republic's overseas holdings, partly because it's a lot of territory (seems a bit OP to me, but that's not for me to decide) and partly because it conflicts with the two other claims we already have for Australia. If WCC wants me to include those holdings (except Australia, of course) and Significance will allow it, I'll add them.

5. I've taken away the holdings of Domina Nostra Nova Terra in what is today northeastern USA to avoid conflicts (so DNNT is currently the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario). As above, if DNNT wants Maine and the bits of Michigan and Wisconsin that are on their factbook map and Significance allows it, I'll take them from the USA and give them to DNNT.

6. I've taken the Koreas away from East Kekistan because Joseonville had already claimed them as its territory.


It looks spot on, and overall an awesome map.

Tell me your secrets. I need to make maps like this one.
This nation does not necessarily reflect my views.

User avatar
Snofjogur
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snofjogur » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Madossa wrote:
Snofjogur wrote:Here, I made this. Everyone, please let me know if you'd like anything changed.

Image
(click to enlarge)

A few notes:

1. I tried to split Australia in half fairly both in terms of cities and in terms of territory while preserving province boundaries. Pere Housh Alpha kinda called dibs on Sydney, so they get the eastern half, comprised of the provinces of Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Northern Territory; important cities are New Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane and Darwin. Significance said they wanted Tasmania, so I've given them that province and the remainder of mainland Australia, which comprises the provinces of Western Australia and South Australia; important cities are Perth, Adelaide and Hobart. Again, though, let me know if you'd like some other arrangement.

2. I've included the island of Kyneland (just west of Denmark) because that NS nation exists in my canon, but it's easy to remove if everyone else wants it removed, seeing as it isn't playing (so far, at least).

3. I've included non-NAS USA because it seems it's going to be important for the game (even if nobody's playing as it).

4. I haven't marked the Second British Republic's overseas holdings, partly because it's a lot of territory (seems a bit OP to me, but that's not for me to decide) and partly because it conflicts with the two other claims we already have for Australia. If WCC wants me to include those holdings (except Australia, of course) and Significance will allow it, I'll add them.

5. I've taken away the holdings of Domina Nostra Nova Terra in what is today northeastern USA to avoid conflicts (so DNNT is currently the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario). As above, if DNNT wants Maine and the bits of Michigan and Wisconsin that are on their factbook map and Significance allows it, I'll take them from the USA and give them to DNNT.

6. I've taken the Koreas away from East Kekistan because Joseonville had already claimed them as its territory.


It looks spot on, and overall an awesome map.

Tell me your secrets. I need to make maps like this one.

Thanks! :)

I used an app called Paper (it’s only available on iOS, I believe). I set a world map as the background for a page, then drew over it till I had all coastlines, then removed the background, then added the fictional landmasses, and finally coloured in all the nations with the help of several real-world maps from Google.
FACTBOOK

IC date = today + 11 years

Latest news: Warmest day on record, climate summit to be held

Games:
2057: The darkest hour (OOC | IC)

My nation (the factbook version) fully reflects my views. Running a psychotic dictatorship where people have zero rights can be fun, but at the end of the day I find it much more interesting to try to pull together a nation full of groups with different interests and make sure everyone gets along while balancing things like education, welfare, environment, industry and economic growth and making sure everyone gets what they deserve.


User avatar
Madossa
Chargé d'Affaires
 
Posts: 461
Founded: May 15, 2018
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Madossa » Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:25 pm

Snofjogur wrote:
Madossa wrote:
It looks spot on, and overall an awesome map.

Tell me your secrets. I need to make maps like this one.

Thanks! :)

I used an app called Paper (it’s only available on iOS, I believe). I set a world map as the background for a page, then drew over it till I had all coastlines, then removed the background, then added the fictional landmasses, and finally coloured in all the nations with the help of several real-world maps from Google.


What type of projection do you use? For the world map, I mean.
Last edited by Madossa on Tue Jul 02, 2019 8:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
This nation does not necessarily reflect my views.

User avatar
Snofjogur
Spokesperson
 
Posts: 116
Founded: Aug 21, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Snofjogur » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:19 am

Madossa wrote:
Snofjogur wrote:Thanks! :)

I used an app called Paper (it’s only available on iOS, I believe). I set a world map as the background for a page, then drew over it till I had all coastlines, then removed the background, then added the fictional landmasses, and finally coloured in all the nations with the help of several real-world maps from Google.


What type of projection do you use? For the world map, I mean.

I think it’s Kavrayskiy. It was difficult to find one with Australia in the middle rather than Europe in the middle.
FACTBOOK

IC date = today + 11 years

Latest news: Warmest day on record, climate summit to be held

Games:
2057: The darkest hour (OOC | IC)

My nation (the factbook version) fully reflects my views. Running a psychotic dictatorship where people have zero rights can be fun, but at the end of the day I find it much more interesting to try to pull together a nation full of groups with different interests and make sure everyone gets along while balancing things like education, welfare, environment, industry and economic growth and making sure everyone gets what they deserve.


User avatar
Significance
Ambassador
 
Posts: 1588
Founded: May 13, 2012
Ex-Nation

Postby Significance » Wed Jul 03, 2019 6:27 am

Snofjogur wrote:
New yugoslavaia wrote:1. Should a map be done a some point?

Here, I made this. Everyone, please let me know if you'd like anything changed.

Image
(click to enlarge)

A few notes:

1. I tried to split Australia in half fairly both in terms of cities and in terms of territory while preserving province boundaries. Pere Housh Alpha kinda called dibs on Sydney, so they get the eastern half, comprised of the provinces of Victoria, New South Wales, Queensland and Northern Territory; important cities are New Sydney, Canberra, Melbourne, Brisbane and Darwin. Significance said they wanted Tasmania, so I've given them that province and the remainder of mainland Australia, which comprises the provinces of Western Australia and South Australia; important cities are Perth, Adelaide and Hobart. Again, though, let me know if you'd like some other arrangement.

2. I've included the island of Kyneland (just west of Denmark) because that NS nation exists in my canon, but it's easy to remove if everyone else wants it removed, seeing as it isn't playing (so far, at least).

3. I've included non-NAS USA because it seems it's going to be important for the game (even if nobody's playing as it).

4. I haven't marked the Second British Republic's overseas holdings, partly because it's a lot of territory (seems a bit OP to me, but that's not for me to decide) and partly because it conflicts with the two other claims we already have for Australia. If WCC wants me to include those holdings (except Australia, of course) and Significance will allow it, I'll add them.

5. I've taken away the holdings of Domina Nostra Nova Terra in what is today northeastern USA to avoid conflicts (so DNNT is currently the Canadian provinces of Nova Scotia, Newfoundland & Labrador, New Brunswick, Quebec and Ontario). As above, if DNNT wants Maine and the bits of Michigan and Wisconsin that are on their factbook map and Significance allows it, I'll take them from the USA and give them to DNNT.

6. I've taken the Koreas away from East Kekistan because Joseonville had already claimed them as its territory.


Oh thank you. Saves me the effort, and I don't mind giving you the credit you deserve. I'll put this up for now and if people want it changed they can just say.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Crimetopolis

Advertisement

Remove ads