NATION

PASSWORD

SR Expansionist War (OOC Thread)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:02 am

Gebeta wrote:Going to have my fleet close to making landfall soon. Was wondering if any one would intercept it prior to this. Looking to keep my LPH intact to some degree, perhaps a Marine Recon team bit on the frontlines as well.

I may intercept. The HNF is setting out to aid the ATF, and as such it may bump into your fleet. Evaluate the strengths.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
" We will not bow to your dictation. We are free. We bled to be free.
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Gebeta
Ambassador

Founded: Nov 28, 2009
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Gebeta » Tue Jul 02, 2019 7:00 pm

Was more hoping of a detailed engagement than a I shoot you shot 2 sunk etc.... I had a joy writing a engagment between a battleship and 4 other ships once. Detailed thoughts as the fight went on' reactions to the casualties taken and so on.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
DOD | Piterburne Blvd | Reichstags District 005 | NSE Gebeta
http://nseconomy.thirdgeek.com/nseconomy.php?nation=Gebeta[/spoiler]FT RPs
Battlestar Galactica Tech
The 12 colonies and 2 stations.
Inter system capable
Code: Select all
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 3 (Current Peacetime deployments)
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Founded: May 19, 2004
Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Tue Jul 02, 2019 9:25 pm

Just so you know I haven't withdrawn from the fight... Reinforcement incoming.

SR...can you send me a status update please.

The Raven Corporation- A Multi-National Corporation ... Not a Nation

Daejong
Spokesperson

Founded: Aug 25, 2013
Ex-Nation

Postby Daejong » Wed Jul 03, 2019 4:07 am

Okay, @raven corps, few things;

1) Daejong does not have any access to the sea ;). If you have looked at ta map, you would have realized that the nation is landlocked (and if it hadn't been, you godmodded your way into it's territorial waters without giving it any chance to respond to your movements).

2) Please do explain me what sort of "EMP weapons" are you using, citing the fact that within realm of MT, as I have mentioned earlier, the only way to produce a large scale EMP yield is by using a nuclear weapon. In such case, the range and effects will depend on a lot of factors - including detonation altitude, and nuke's own yield - but at the same time, it's likely to massively affect Reinkalistan as well (and to add, radiological weapons are already WMDs).

Now, weather the OP permits WMDs is up to him; but if he does, it's likely that this RP will detoriate into a WMD feast from there on.

3) And on the final note, I would like to know how is it that you are able to track movements of the SCUDs; citing the fact that using spy satellites, which move on predictable orbits and can't pinpoint a detail like that, to observe a stationary mass of troops is far different than to pick a single detail like a mobile launcher.
RIGHTEOUS KINGDOM OF DAEJONG
A Korean-esque christofascist theocracy

06.06.2019 - THIS NATION WAS RESTARTED!

POPULATION; 25 million
MILITARY: 2 800 000 Active, 8 000 000 reserve & paramilitary
GDP; 40 billion

The Archipelago Territory
Ambassador

Founded: May 17, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 5:05 am

I am using a FOAB thermobaric with a blast yield of 44 tons of TNT, the largest non-nuclear bomb in MT.
| LAND OF THE FREE ||AMERICAN||POLITICAL|| RP || IS || UP! | - JOIN NOW!
I am a Progressive Libertarian Capitalist
YANG GANG 2020

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Wed Jul 03, 2019 8:13 am

Daejong wrote:Okay, @raven corps, few things;

1) Daejong does not have any access to the sea ;). If you have looked at ta map, you would have realized that the nation is landlocked (and if it hadn't been, you godmodded your way into it's territorial waters without giving it any chance to respond to your movements).

I'll be amending the post to re-direct the target nation. I mistakenly selected you by confusing your flag for another on the provided map. As for the assertion of GodMod, I have waited a good deal of time to allow others a chance to intercept or interfere in the naval travel of my forces while en route. To my knowledge none have done so. Also accounting for lack of such in the post I detailed how the naval force traveled which would explain the inordinate amount of time it took for those forces to arrive.

2) Please do explain me what sort of "EMP weapons" are you using, citing the fact that within realm of MT, as I have mentioned earlier, the only way to produce a large scale EMP yield is by using a nuclear weapon. In such case, the range and effects will depend on a lot of factors - including detonation altitude, and nuke's own yield - but at the same time, it's likely to massively affect Reinkalistan as well (and to add, radiological weapons are already WMDs).

This is a two prong answer.

1.The EMP weapons are a local burst style. The weapon itself is a weaponized version of an EMP generator known as a Compression Flux EMP Generator which was originally designed and built back in the 1950's. The EMP your thinking of is a nuclear EMP and is the most commonly thought of EMP weapon. Of course those style of nuclear warheads are designed for minimal blast and maximum radiological and EMP radiation by detonating the warhead in high atmosphere. the Compression Flux generator weapon works by lining the tube shaft of the missile with a high explosive which is directly lined with a mass coil of high resistance metal alloy with a highly energized electrical capacitor bank with a total initial power output of some 10 million volts at 100,000 amps. The weapon upon detonation compresses the coil which is already generating a high powered EMP field and compresses the coil to rapidly expand the electro-magnetic field very briefly while also enhancing the field magnetic potential and electrical current output during the period of compression.

2. The Radiologically enhance H.E. bunker buster missiles would not count as a WMD as they are not designed to be a traditional nuclear blast. The missile itself is a structurally reinforce delivery vehicle designed to provide maximum downward crumple resistance with a tungsten nose for penetration power. The actual H.E. warhead is a conventional H.E. warhead with a graphite encase rapidly decaying radioactive isotope collar. Upon detonation the graphite shell is shattered causing a rapid decay of the isotope which releases a massive dose of gamma radiation but rapidly decays making the area traversable in a few hours with minimal protective equipment and within a 24 hours un-protected.

Now, whether the OP permits WMDs is up to him; but if he does, it's likely that this RP will deteriorate into a WMD feast from there on.

3) And on the final note, I would like to know how is it that you are able to track movements of the SCUDs; citing the fact that using spy satellites, which move on predictable orbits and can't pinpoint a detail like that, to observe a stationary mass of troops is far different than to pick a single detail like a mobile launcher.

The SCUD detection was a combination of trajectory calculations to provide an approximate launch point based on observed direction of travel and relative range of the missile. After that is calculated its a simple matter of surveying potential flight paths origin points based on ideal launching terrain. Secondly even if I didnt do any of this there is also a system currently being use by the US military that already calculates these things on the fly if they are near where munitions fly through on final approach.

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Wed Jul 03, 2019 9:05 am

Sorry mate, even I see a little bit of piss-taking here. Can you scale it like wayyyy back? I want this to be a fun and fair war; Daejong and Archipelago have given us this courtesy - let's do the same, eh?
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL
Who are you to tell us what we may and may not do? We stopped being your slaves an era ago. "
South Reinkalistan is a massive, ecologically-diverse nation notable for its roving student militias and widespread hatred for the elderly.
In the midst of a room-temperature cultural revolution that's lost its momentum, the Party carefully plans its next move.
As the brittle bones of fragile empires begin to crack beneath their own weight, history's symphony reaches crescendo pitch. The future is all but certain.

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:42 pm

Fine... jeez lol

I'll remove the radiological enhancements, scale back to opening volley to half strength and remove the EMP ballistic volley.

But let this be a lesson everyone- today's world could be much scarier then it is if we utilized technology like I do hahaha. Everything I have going on in the original post is fully plausible with current tech which is MT but for the sake of everyones sanity.... I'll comply... :)

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 1:47 pm

I’ll use a Chimera-Pox virus but only as a threat I won’t deploy it. YN doesn’t know that though
YANG GANG 2020

Raven Corps
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby Raven Corps » Wed Jul 03, 2019 2:58 pm

:twisted: care to do some business ?

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Wed Jul 03, 2019 3:36 pm

POST IS UP!
YANG GANG 2020

Daejong
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Daejong » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:37 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:POST IS UP!

@The Archipelago Territory, with all due respect, your post was a godmode. Aside from the fact that a cruise missile strike would have worked far better, you need to give Reinkalistan a chance to respond to attack, instead outright teleporting a plane over his ship. Let alone the fact that only planes with enough lift to actually drop a FOAB are cargo planes (and this is why USAF does not use that weapon often), which means that an interception done by carrier-based aircraft is a very valid fact ;).

1.The EMP weapons are a local burst style. The weapon itself is a weaponized version of an EMP generator known as a Compression Flux EMP Generator which was originally designed and built back in the 1950's. The EMP your thinking of is a nuclear EMP and is the most commonly thought of EMP weapon. Of course those style of nuclear warheads are designed for minimal blast and maximum radiological and EMP radiation by detonating the warhead in high atmosphere. the Compression Flux generator weapon works by lining the tube shaft of the missile with a high explosive which is directly lined with a mass coil of high resistance metal alloy with a highly energized electrical capacitor bank with a total initial power output of some 10 million volts at 100,000 amps. The weapon upon detonation compresses the coil which is already generating a high powered EMP field and compresses the coil to rapidly expand the electro-magnetic field very briefly while also enhancing the field magnetic potential and electrical current output during the period of compression.

Well, aside from the fact that your post seemed as if you were using was a nuclear EMP, the fact that Compression Flux EMP Generator exists does not mean that it's able to deliver the yield on scale you have been describing in your post. In fact, extremely limited yield of current non-nuclear technology is why EMP weaponry is not in widespread use at this moment. So effects of that EMP strike will be far inferior to what you have described...

The SCUD detection was a combination of trajectory calculations to provide an approximate launch point based on observed direction of travel and relative range of the missile. After that is calculated its a simple matter of surveying potential flight paths origin points based on ideal launching terrain. Secondly even if I didnt do any of this there is also a system currently being use by the US military that already calculates these things on the fly if they are near where munitions fly through on final approach.

Which is far easier to do against ICBMs that actually leave the atmosphere than against SCUDs which don't...

POPULATION; 25 million
GDP; 40 billion

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 04, 2019 4:20 am

Daejong wrote:

@The Archipelago Territory, with all due respect, your post was a godmode. Aside from the fact that a cruise missile strike would have worked far better, you need to give Reinkalistan a chance to respond to attack, instead outright teleporting a plane over his ship. Let alone the fact that only planes with enough lift to actually drop a FOAB are cargo planes (and this is why USAF does not use that weapon often), which means that an interception done by carrier-based aircraft is a very valid fact ;).

Well, aside from the fact that your post seemed as if you were using was a nuclear EMP, the fact that Compression Flux EMP Generator exists does not mean that it's able to deliver the yield on scale you have been describing in your post. In fact, extremely limited yield of current non-nuclear technology is why EMP weaponry is not in widespread use at this moment. So effects of that EMP strike will be far inferior to what you have described...

Which is far easier to do against ICBMs that actually leave the atmosphere than against SCUDs which don't...

Ok, so you want me to hover the plane, and plan to drop the bomb, but not actually drop it?
YANG GANG 2020

Hobbeebia
Ambassador

Founded: Antiquity
Ex-Nation

Postby Hobbeebia » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:28 am

Daejong wrote:

Bros....

Let's work this out with science. Regarding the EMP missiles I will have to side with Raven on this one. The missiles are a weaponized version of a real life system that is only used in heavily magnetically hardened laboratories for magnetic research. Compression Flux generators are capable of generating immense EMP field for extremely brief moments which for laboratory purposes are small devices in controlled settings. A weaponized version with saftey is thought of as a fire control system not not a concern especially one that is close to 50% more energetic then the largest versions used in those magnetic lab would be very effective.

The reason the US military hasnt utilized such EM technology is because its use would effect it's own tech and they decided to develop a weapon known as a high power directional microwave burst systems. Boeing has a weapon called CHAMP which uses this technology. It was preferred by the military because of its surgical strike capabilities.

As for the SCUD tracking... that's childs play as when I was in Iraq we had Ordnance tracking systems which could pick up and calculate the firing points of mortar shells.
No Sig installed please insert boot media and press any key to continue

Daejong
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Daejong » Thu Jul 04, 2019 8:57 am

The reason the US military hasnt utilized such EM technology is because its use would effect it's own tech and they decided to develop a weapon known as a high power directional microwave burst systems. Boeing has a weapon called CHAMP which uses this technology. It was preferred by the military because of its surgical strike capabilities.

Except that CHAMP is a microwave, not an EMP weapon that had been just recently introduced (according to the reports), and little it's known about it's overall effectiveness. Not to mention limitations possessed by CHAMP (such as the fact that it actually has to fly over the target it zaps).

That said, if CHAMP - like cruise missile weapon was used instead of suborbital EMPs that sounded like non-nuclear nukes, I could go with it, citing that in my opinion it's far more feasible and actually is in service.

Let's work this out with science. Regarding the EMP missiles I will have to side with Raven on this one. The missiles are a weaponized version of a real life system that is only used in heavily magnetically hardened laboratories for magnetic research. Compression Flux generators are capable of generating immense EMP field for extremely brief moments which for laboratory purposes are small devices in controlled settings. A weaponized version with saftey is thought of as a fire control system not not a concern especially one that is close to 50% more energetic then the largest versions used in those magnetic lab would be very effective.

Can you show me a single example of a working EMP weapon that' that's not nuclear and currently in service rather than being purely theoretical? A name of the model, other than CHAMP? If you do so, I am dropping the issue and accepting it.

I am not denying that EMP weapons are currently in development, nor that physics behind them are not real; but there is a considerable difference between existence of technology and it's successful implementation. For example, helicopters already existed in WW II, but they were not the helicopters that entered in service later. Likewise, railgun technology exists as well, but it's nowhere near ready to enter service. Same with scramjets - and same with non-nuclear EMP. The technology may already exist, but I do not see non-nuclear EMP weapons operating with efficiency that the post described.

That said, I may be wrong and will always be willing to learn more, so if you have some information that I lack, feel free to show it to me. I am no engineer after all.

As for the SCUD tracking... that's childs play as when I was in Iraq we had Ordnance tracking systems which could pick up and calculate the firing points of mortar shells.

Nothing surprising here, because counter battery fire is a thing. However knowing a firing point of a SCUD and calculating trajectory of it's launch is different than tracking the mobile launcher itself, unless I have misread what Raven wrote - and in such case, I am withdrawing all my points.

After all, this is why shoot and scoot exists to evade counterbattery fire.
Last edited by Daejong on Thu Jul 04, 2019 9:19 am, edited 6 times in total.

POPULATION; 25 million
GDP; 40 billion

Gebeta
Ambassador

Postby Gebeta » Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:31 am

Hoping to have a post about my carrier and an orbat up. Noted I never finalized it but it will be fair and what I set out with originally as I planned.

As for the discussing going on about the posts.
I suggest thinking over what quantifies as MT and PMT. Prototype stuff today would be that, prototypes I believe.
PMT (What I normally play) would mean tech on the drawing board or infancy would now be matured and more widespread.

Casualties should be ideally fair, and decided upon by the attacker and defender. Multi post-combat should allow responses unless you have permission from the other side to rp the response.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
Inter system capable
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Daejong
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Daejong » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:45 am

Gebeta wrote:Hoping to have a post about my carrier and an orbat up. Noted I never finalized it but it will be fair and what I set out with originally as I planned.

I suggest thinking over what quantifies as MT and PMT. Prototype stuff today would be that, prototypes I believe.
PMT (What I normally play) would mean tech on the drawing board or infancy would now be matured and more widespread.

Casualties should be ideally fair, and decided upon by the attacker and defender. Multi post-combat should allow responses unless you have permission from the other side to rp the response.

To be frank, I think that's up to the OP. He should decide what kind of technology he wants to include in here.

POPULATION; 25 million
GDP; 40 billion

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:46 am

Daejong wrote:
Gebeta wrote:Hoping to have a post about my carrier and an orbat up. Noted I never finalized it but it will be fair and what I set out with originally as I planned.

To be frank, I think that's up to the OP. He should decide what kind of technology he wants to include in here.

So should I fix mine by not dropping the bomb but by hovering the plane?
YANG GANG 2020

Gebeta
Ambassador

Postby Gebeta » Thu Jul 04, 2019 11:52 am

The Archipelago Territory wrote:
Daejong wrote:

So should I fix mine by not dropping the bomb but by hovering the plane?

The plane isn't hovering per se. Think of NS as a semi RTS game done via storytelling. Where our post is happening in real time, some times post taking place concurrent or within seconds of another story wise.
You could have the plane say flying and minutes out before being able to drop its bombs and await the response. Again, I highly recommend deciding the outcome of the fight before but that's just me.
Ultimately it's your aircraft. I'm not going to say you have to have it do this or that. Just leave it open-ended for a response to your actions.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
Inter system capable
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4
Alert 2
Alert 1

░░░░░░███████ ]▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄
▂▄▅█████████▅▄▃▂
I███████████████████].
◥⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙▲⊙◤...

Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby The Archipelago Territory » Thu Jul 04, 2019 12:02 pm

Just edited it
YANG GANG 2020

Asurmenia
Lobbyist

Founded: Jul 23, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Asurmenia » Thu Jul 04, 2019 1:57 pm

Posted as well, let's call it a realistic pre-war declaration, I gotta think of the ORBAT though, if you guys have any tips, let me know, I'm not familiar with that yet.

Dhoetshirairland
Civil Servant

Founded: Jun 02, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Dhoetshirairland » Thu Jul 04, 2019 2:41 pm

4th of July, and I'm USA'ing this whole war!
Leader: His Highness Frederick the III, Emperor of Dhoetshirairland and Germany, King of Deutschenschweiz, Belgium, the Netherlands, Bohemia and Poland, Duke of Liechtenstein, elector of the Holy Roman Empire.

Jasonvillee
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 08, 2018
Democratic Socialists

Postby Jasonvillee » Thu Jul 04, 2019 7:25 pm

Oh for the map, can we just all assume I am not in that region? Or do I need to have a spot on the map
JOSEONCONFEDERACY
A Korean Confederation of villages with a 1975-1995 tech level.
For God, For Chancellor!, For Country!
Hail the Confederation!

OOC: I actually made a new nation, called Imperius Joseon. It is an alt for now, I just wanted to roleplay with another nation. It has the same flag as mines, so try to make sure you don't get confused by it. It may possibly become my main, but I am not sure of that right now

South Reinkalistan
Ambassador

Ex-Nation

Postby South Reinkalistan » Fri Jul 05, 2019 2:23 am

Well, here's what I think constitutes MT and PMT.

MT is anything that can be found today in widespread use (and a few prototypes that the poster has proof of). Fairly self-explanatory.

As Gebeta says, PMT has all of the prototypes today in widespread use, as well as a few more high-tech weaponry and prototypes.
Last edited by South Reinkalistan on Fri Jul 05, 2019 5:05 am, edited 1 time in total.
THE PEOPLE ETERNAL

Gebeta
Ambassador

Postby Gebeta » Fri Jul 05, 2019 4:13 pm

Ok. So my fleet will be taking up a port call to offload it's forces. Situation wise it seems unfeasible to launch my air mobile marines.
Unless I redirect to Archipelago and assist there. If I do that who would I need to contact.
Gebeta
Modern Tech (2040 Era)
Inter system capable
Fleet Status
Alert 5
Alert 4