NATION

PASSWORD

Thus Saith the Lord (PT-PMT) (Semi-Open) (IC)

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Founded: Dec 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:31 pm

Afrikaaners Ryk wrote:"Yes, well, fortunately, we here in the Ryk have been doing nothing but waiting around in the Indian Ocean and South Pacific. We're playing things defensively at the moment, but not to worry, soon we'll be pushing harder than a bulldozer." He said, walking up to Mercer. "And I see you're dealing with the red threat as well... Once those buggers are gone, we'll be basking in the glory, it seems. After all, we all win here. The Knights can send their sects back into Asia, we can bring the glorious Empire of Japan back to life, and you get to try out your new toys. Speaking of that, how are you going to take care of the bastards?"

”Empire of Japan? I think not. I wish those lands to be subjugated under SilverNet here. A world dominated by Rapture will ensuring everlasting peace by the barrel of the gun. I rather not see another warmongering dog causing problems for me or us, again.” Said John Mercer with a firmness in his voice, uncompromising to have negotiations.”Besides, the Japs are unworthy peasants to have an empire again. If they allowed the first one to collapse in the first place by their own incompetence.” He added, SilverNet only responded with saying “Thank you, Chancellor for this gift. I’ve always wondered if I could govern an country to test my programming beyond military affairs.”[/i] John Mercer smiled, he moved to the next question by Pieter.”Making there worst nightmares come true. Of course.” John Mercer smirked, when referring to Patient Zero. He had no desire to tell it publicly as he wasn’t sure of the experiment coming out with the expected results he wished for. So he not want to hold responsibility for its theoretical failure.
Last edited by The Rapture Republic on Thu Jun 13, 2019 3:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Kafair
Envoy

Founded: Apr 01, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:20 pm

A servant in the room, seeing that all of the representatives were here, finally including the man from DET. He quietly slipped into the curtain to the right, and climbed the stairs there. He walked up to the sultan, and kneaded.

"My sultan. It is time."
'Thank you my servant"

He nodded, and climbed down the stairs. The servants quickly removed the curtain, revealing a huge staircase. The pair of men with traditional Kafairian חליל, or a type of flute, began to play. As the representatives looked to the stairs, the Sultan walked down. Before he did though, a squire read out:

"The Sultan of the Empire of Kafair, His majesty the Sun Lord, Touched of the Sky, Sultan Adil el-Karim II, Sultan of the Sultanate of Kafair, Bearer of the Torch and protector of the Sun, has arrived."

With that, he walked in. The sultan was dressed in a robe of the color of sand, with a cloth belt holding a knife. He has a few military medals on his turban, a turbine that was the green of the flag. It had multiple emeralds in a sun formation, with more crystals around it. THe sultan, standing at 6' 8'', cut an imposing figure. His staff of wrought black iron, one with the head of an eagle etched into it, and its feathers on it’s top, walked by his side. He descended the stairs, and looked at the men in the room.

"My allies. I would like to thank you for coming. Let us hope we can leave this summit with progress behind us. May we bring justice to the anarchist who caused this tragedy."

He motioned for the men to be seated, and sat himself at the head of the large table.

"Well, we are here to discuss the current war. Anyone have any updates from their admirals or generals?"
Last edited by Kafair on Thu Jun 13, 2019 7:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck, first Chancellor of Germany
"History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce." -Karl Marx
"History is written by the victors." -Winston Churchill
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------|--------------------------------------------^--------------------------------------
--------O-----------------------------------------< O >------------------------------------
--------|-----------------------------------------\_[]__/-----------------------------------
IRL History Buff, More or Less just the Desert, nation is a Theocratic Monarchy, in which the word of the Sultan is law. PMT tech
I SUPPORT THE USE OF SWORDS IN MY MILITARY, DEAL WITH IT
The first president of the Azure Watester Federation! Join today!
NS Stats? Dont make me laugh!
NationStates Flag Bracket - 5th place!

Veise
Spokesperson

Founded: Nov 18, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Veise » Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:30 pm

Kafair wrote:A servant in the room, seeing that all of the representatives were here, finally including the man from DET. He quietly slipped into the curtain to the right, and climbed the stairs there. He walked up to the sultan, and kneaded.

"My sultan. It is time."
'Thank you my servant"

He nodded, and climbed down the stairs. The servants quickly removed the curtain, revealing a huge staircase. The pair of men with traditional Kafairian חליל, or a type of flute, began to play. As the representatives looked to the stairs, the Sultan walked down. Before he did though, a squire read out:

"The Sultan of the Empire of Kafair, His majesty the Sun Lord, Touched of the Sky, Sultan Adil el-Karim II, Sultan of the Sultanate of Kafair, Bearer of the Torch and protector of the Sun, has arrived."

With that, he walked in. The sultan was dressed in a robe of the color of sand, with a cloth belt holding a knife. He has a few military medals on his turban, a turbine that was the green of the flag. It had multiple emeralds in a sun formation, with more crystals around it. THe sultan, standing at 6' 8'', cut an imposing figure. His staff of wrought black iron, one with the head of an eagle etched into it, and its feathers on it’s top, walked by his side. He descended the stairs, and looked at the men in the room.

"My allies. I would like to thank you for coming. Let us hope we can leave this summit with progress behind us. May we bring justice to the anarchist who caused this tragedy."

He motioned for the men to be seated, and sat himself at the head of the large table.

One of Astre's entourage carried a messaging device, which swiftly printed out a piece of paper as they spoke. Noting immediately that the document was classified, it was immediately handed to Franziska, who read it and was surprised. It was then handed over to Astre himself. He took to reading it quickly, and spontaneously gasped.

Kafair wrote:"Well, we are here to discuss the current war. Anyone have any updates from their admirals or generals?"

"I don't know about a world under Rapture," Astre began, "but I can speak of my soldiers under the bombers of Rapture. What in God's name were you thinking, MERCER?!"

Rapture's warning message was incredibly vague, and as such the officers of Veise had no goddamn clue what it meant and carried on. Weary of further bomb attacks after the Exodians, the Veiser rear guard and idling/defending forces were sitting in fortifications, wearing gas masks. But the introduction of the deadly concoction of chemicals in the middle of the Veiser offensive was brutal on the six attacking Yageur regiments. Trained to put on masks ASAP at the first sign of chemical attack, they were able to scrape their way away from total devastation, and emerged with roughly 45% losses (precisely 2754 Yageurs were killed in the chemical attacks out of the roughly 6000 attacking Yageurs).

"Without warning, without prompt, without consideration, you've killed thousands of Veiser volunteers," Astre hissed.
Last edited by Veise on Thu Jun 13, 2019 9:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
★ Veiser Crown: Royal House of Crestet ★
Year: 1821 AD (781 PE)
A rich, prosperous steampunk pseudo-feudal Kingdom ran by a monarchy with an pricey, white, platinum and crystal aesthetic. Prestige and poshness is our game.

NS stats are not used.
Factbooks are a WIP.
TG me anytime!
Join us!
Part of an NSRP group, Veiser Crown: Aristocrat Simulator.
Play as an aristocrat! Manage lands, marry, and make merry in the ballroom in a region-optional RP group!
Read March to the Fire, an original story about airborne royalist rebels written by a 3-man team!

Kafair
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:13 pm

Veise wrote:
Kafair wrote:A servant in the room, seeing that all of the representatives were here, finally including the man from DET. He quietly slipped into the curtain to the right, and climbed the stairs there. He walked up to the sultan, and kneaded.

"My sultan. It is time."
'Thank you my servant"

One of Astre's entourage carried a messaging device, which swiftly printed out a piece of paper as they spoke. Noting immediately that the document was classified, it was immediately handed to Franziska, who read it and was surprised. It was then handed over to Astre himself. He took to reading it quickly, and spontaneously gasped.

Kafair wrote:"Well, we are here to discuss the current war. Anyone have any updates from their admirals or generals?"

"I don't know about a world under Rapture," Astre began, "but I can speak of my soldiers under the bombers of Rapture. What in God's name were you thinking, MERCER?!"

Rapture's warning message was incredibly vague, and as such the officers of Veise had no goddamn clue what it meant and carried on. Weary of further bomb attacks after the Exodians, the Veiser rear guard and idling/defending forces were sitting in fortifications, wearing gas masks. But the introduction of the deadly concoction of chemicals in the middle of the Veiser offensive was brutal on the six attacking Yageur regiments. Trained to put on masks ASAP at the first sign of chemical attack, they were able to scrape their way away from total devastation, and emerged with roughly 45% losses (precisely 2754 Yageurs were killed in the chemical attacks out of the roughly 6000 attacking Yageurs).

"Without warning, without prompt, without consideration, you've killed thousands of Veiser volunteers," Astre hissed.

The sultan looked horrified.

"Wha... how?"

He noted how angry Astre looked, how his voice got higher and angrier. He also noted how he slightly increased his grip on his sabre.

"Astre, relax, please. Mercer, why. Why have you done this? Could you not of given a more specific warning? And Astre, do not instate a fight here. If you want, we have a dueling room in the palace. You may fight there, after this meeting. Not now though."
"The great questions of the day will not be settled by means of speeches and majority decisions but by iron and blood." -Otto von Bismarck, first Chancellor of Germany
--------|--------------------------------------------^--------------------------------------
--------O-----------------------------------------< O >------------------------------------
--------|-----------------------------------------\_[]__/-----------------------------------
IRL History Buff, More or Less just the Desert, nation is a Theocratic Monarchy, in which the word of the Sultan is law. PMT tech

Uvoan
Attaché

Founded: Apr 19, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Uvoan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 10:29 pm

Kafair wrote:
"Well, we are here to discuss the current war. Anyone have any updates from their admirals or generals?"

"Well, I am told that Adama is due to make a report soon, Ekkza*..." Drakkin said, knowing full well the truth. Or, well, what he believes the truth is. "I am told the infantry is rather enjoying the show aswell, Mercare**." Drakkin says, as he glances at a dossier.

Veise wrote:"Without warning, without prompt, without consideration, you've killed thousands of Veiser volunteers," Astre hissed.

He pauses to look at the prince, weighing what little he has observed against the comment in his mind... Before he decides against it.

Kafair wrote:

"Wha... how?"

He noted how angry Astre looked, how his voice got higher and angrier. He also noted how he slightly increased his grip on his sabre.

"Astre, relax, please. Mercer, why. Why have you done this? Could you not of given a more specific warning? And Astre, do not instate a fight here. If you want, we have a dueling room in the palace. You may fight there, after this meeting. Not now though."

Drakkin also weighs a comment, against his knowledge of the sultanate, and the other participants... "The Minister of War has a saying. 'Ettera kzik gell velal, etta Gella.' Roughly, 'Any price to win, no matter the cost.'... I believe that is where my government sits on this issue."

Ekkza* = Monarch, with the 'za' modifier making it into a sarcastic version of the title

Mercare** = Uvoanian pronunciation of 'Mercer'.

VOROAN NEWS FLASH | Accident in Asteroid Colony O'neil kills 179 - 740+ Wounded. More news to follow, stay tuned to this channel! | Inaugural run of the 'Horseman' Super-Armored Set 'Earthquake' concludes today. | The Inevitable Truth? Military commander calls for Zkto' to make plans for his inevitable death, and the transfer of power. More on this situation as it unfolds. |

The Chuck
Minister

Founded: Apr 18, 2018
Capitalist Paradise

Postby The Chuck » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:04 pm

Kafair Royal Palace

Nathaniel Halsey sat in his chair and listened to the Veiser delegate express his anger at the gassing of his volunteer forces. As he sat and listed to the man explain the travesty that occurred, he waited for his time to speak. While he waited, he undid the clasps on his briefcase and pulled out his TCR-15 CQBR variant rifle and started cleaning it. Although it might have worried some in the room, Nathaniel ignored them and unloaded the rifle before putting the still loaded magazine on the table with the bullets facing the Democratic Exodian Territories representative. As he cleaned his rifle, he barely looked up when he heard the Uvoanians discussing among themselves. Pulling back on the charging handle and letting go so that it slammed forward with an audible *Clack*. As he put the rifle down on the table, he looked towards the Uvoan members and spoke.

"Avarro zekt, Uvoan kerrz exploa. Sezzan tevve.."

Turning his attention away from the Uvoan members and towards the group in whole, Nathaniel spoke up for the rest to hear him.

"Good day ladies and gentlemen. As you all are aware of, the nation of The Chuck has been neutral in this entire affair. However, we have started to take certain grievances towards other nations who sit here today."

As he spoke this last part, Nathaniel's eyes glanced over at the Exodian representative again.

"Let me voice the main concerns that my nation has currently. First off, the Democratic Exodian Territories has been imposing a blockade on the Panama Canal and illegally attempting to stop and search vessels going through the canal. To my knowledge, the Exodians have not formally declared war on Panama and as such, this is an illegal military action due to the fact that blockades are only legal in times of war with the blockaded nation. In addition to this, the Exodian attempt at searching vessels without the authorization of the captains of those vessels means that the Exodian government is willingly backing piracy on the high seas. In addition to this, on average, 39 freighters pass through the Panama Canal daily and many in our nation have business interests in these ships. Whether it is hauling actual cargo for our nation or having monies invested in the ships and their parent companies. Over the course of this naval blockade, an estimated 220 ships were slowed and involved in these illicit activities. As such, this blockade and illegal search of vessels have severely hurt private citizens in our nation and other nations and we demand reparations.

For the illegal search and attempted seizures, we are demanding either the extradition of the commanding naval officer of the blockading fleet to be tried under our admiralty courts or to be put on trial in the Exodian Territories with a panel of our admiralty judges working in tandem with the Exodian judicial department."

Taking a moment, Nathaniel unclasped his briefcase again and pulled out a stack of tablets and passed them around the table. As he pulled out the tablets, any keen eyed observer might have been able to also spot a large bulky manila envelope. On the tablets were detailed shipping manifests which showed the monies that had been lost due to the Exodian interference. However, as the representatives scrolled through the manifests, many were blacked out where they could only see the sum of money that was owed from different organizations and groups across the globe. As the tablets were passed around, Nathaniel spoke back up.

"For the illegal blockade of the Panama Canal, we demand that the Exodian government pay the sum of 85 billion NSD to the nation of The Chuck to reimburse investors, merchants, and others involved in the maritime business. I believe this is a more than fair demand of the Exodian government."

Looking directly at the Exodians, Nathaniel continued,

"However, if the Exodians refuse this proposal, I cannot ensure that our office will be able to stop private citizens or corporations of our nation from exacting vengeance against Exodian maritime activities across the seas. Many people either are powerful or have powerful backers who are not happy about this loss of profit.

As for my next issue, I believe I will save it for a little later in this conversation."

With that, Nathaniel took his seat and picked up his rifle while he went back to cleaning it. The next issue he had could quite possibly cause some fractures in the room and he wanted to be ready to defend himself if need be.

"Good day sirs, the Uvoan is nearing completion. It will set sail shortly."
I advocate for violence every single day. I work in the arms industry.
In-Character Advertisement Space:
The Chuck wholly endorses Wolf Armaments, Lauzanexport CDT, and
Silverport Dockyards Ltd.

"Keep your guns... and buy more guns!" - Kitty Werthmann, Austrian Nazi Regime Survivor
Roof Korea, Best Korea. Hippity Hoppity, 내 재산에서 꺼져.
Pro: Liberty/Freedoms of the Individual, Unrestricted firearms ownership
-Slava-
Ukraini

Uvoan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Uvoan » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:18 pm

The Chuck wrote:Kafair Royal Palace

Nathaniel Halsey sat in his chair and listened to the Veiser delegate express his anger at the gassing of his volunteer forces. As he sat and listed to the man explain the travesty that occurred, he waited for his time to speak. While he waited, he undid the clasps on his briefcase and pulled out his TCR-15 CQBR variant rifle and started cleaning it. Although it might have worried some in the room, Nathaniel ignored them and unloaded the rifle before putting the still loaded magazine on the table with the bullets facing the Democratic Exodian Territories representative. As he cleaned his rifle, he barely looked up when he heard the Uvoanians discussing among themselves. Pulling back on the charging handle and letting go so that it slammed forward with an audible *Clack*. As he put the rifle down on the table, he looked towards the Uvoan members and spoke.

"Avarro zekt, Uvoan kerrz exploa. Sezzan tevve.."

Turning his attention away from the Uvoan members and towards the group in whole, Nathaniel spoke up for the rest to hear him.

"Good day ladies and gentlemen. As you all are aware of, the nation of The Chuck has been neutral in this entire affair. However, we have started to take certain grievances towards other nations who sit here today."

As he spoke this last part, Nathaniel's eyes glanced over at the Exodian representative again.

"Let me voice the main concerns that my nation has currently. First off, the Democratic Exodian Territories has been imposing a blockade on the Panama Canal and illegally attempting to stop and search vessels going through the canal. To my knowledge, the Exodians have not formally declared war on Panama and as such, this is an illegal military action due to the fact that blockades are only legal in times of war with the blockaded nation. In addition to this, the Exodian attempt at searching vessels without the authorization of the captains of those vessels means that the Exodian government is willingly backing piracy on the high seas. In addition to this, on average, 39 freighters pass through the Panama Canal daily and many in our nation have business interests in these ships. Whether it is hauling actual cargo for our nation or having monies invested in the ships and their parent companies. Over the course of this naval blockade, an estimated 220 ships were slowed and involved in these illicit activities. As such, this blockade and illegal search of vessels have severely hurt private citizens in our nation and other nations and we demand reparations.

For the illegal search and attempted seizures, we are demanding either the extradition of the commanding naval officer of the blockading fleet to be tried under our admiralty courts or to be put on trial in the Exodian Territories with a panel of our admiralty judges working in tandem with the Exodian judicial department."

Taking a moment, Nathaniel unclasped his briefcase again and pulled out a stack of tablets and passed them around the table. As he pulled out the tablets, any keen eyed observer might have been able to also spot a large bulky manila envelope. On the tablets were detailed shipping manifests which showed the monies that had been lost due to the Exodian interference. However, as the representatives scrolled through the manifests, many were blacked out where they could only see the sum of money that was owed from different organizations and groups across the globe. As the tablets were passed around, Nathaniel spoke back up.

"For the illegal blockade of the Panama Canal, we demand that the Exodian government pay the sum of 85 billion NSD to the nation of The Chuck to reimburse investors, merchants, and others involved in the maritime business. I believe this is a more than fair demand of the Exodian government."

Looking directly at the Exodians, Nathaniel continued,

"However, if the Exodians refuse this proposal, I cannot ensure that our office will be able to stop private citizens or corporations of our nation from exacting vengeance against Exodian maritime activities across the seas. Many people either are powerful or have powerful backers who are not happy about this loss of profit.

As for my next issue, I believe I will save it for a little later in this conversation."

With that, Nathaniel took his seat and picked up his rifle while he went back to cleaning it. The next issue he had could quite possibly cause some fractures in the room and he wanted to be ready to defend himself if need be.

"Good day sirs, the Uvoan is nearing completion. It will set sail shortly."

Drakkin noted the Chuckian representative, smiling at the cleaning of the rifle... And the pointed gesture.He pauses at the Uvoanian spoken by a foreigner, before nodding, taking it in stride. "Lotel, Zkto' nekz*... Vekk nia Uvoan?" He then falls silent, and listens to the proposal. Smiling to himself, as he gives the shipping manifests enough of a glance to make it look like he's checking it over... He knows some of the truth however, simply nodding to show his support of the decision... Glancing around the table to get a quick read of the situation.

Lotel, Zkto' nekz = Lovely, Zkto' shall know... When did you learn Uvoan?

VOROAN NEWS FLASH | Accident in Asteroid Colony O'neil kills 179 - 740+ Wounded. More news to follow, stay tuned to this channel! | Inaugural run of the 'Horseman' Super-Armored Set 'Earthquake' concludes today. | The Inevitable Truth? Military commander calls for Zkto' to make plans for his inevitable death, and the transfer of power. More on this situation as it unfolds. |

Afrikaaners Ryk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Nov 27, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikaaners Ryk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:33 pm

Kafairian Royal Palace

Meanwhile, as Astre was getting mad, Pieter had a smirk on his face, approaching the Sultan as he smiled. "Ah, dear Sultan! It's an honour to finally be able to meet you, isn't it? After all, your dedication to resolving this war has been wonderful, but can I ask you something?"
You enjoyed watching Nazis getting slaughtered in Wolfenstein and Inglorious Bastards, Click here to read about Afrikaaners getting butchered too!

Year: 2076

After a brief 'racial summit' on the current situation, for the first time in the Ryk's history, the ponies have ceased being declared as 'onwaardige', and have now been re-assorted to 'undecided inferiors'. Around 200,00 of the remaining ponies have been released. 50,000 of the attempted to defect out of the Ryk, and were all either arrested or killed by riot police with mustard gas and swords.

Kafair
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:34 pm

Afrikaaners Ryk wrote: Kafairian Royal Palace

Meanwhile, as Astre was getting mad, Pieter had a smirk on his face, approaching the Sultan as he smiled. "Ah, dear Sultan! It's an honour to finally be able to meet you, isn't it? After all, your dedication to resolving this war has been wonderful, but can I ask you something?"

The Sultan looked at the man.

"You are from the Ryk, no? I have heard of you. Pieter isn't it? A man with questionable morals according to some. But sure, what do you have to say?

Afrikaaners Ryk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikaaners Ryk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:40 pm

Kafair wrote:
Afrikaaners Ryk wrote: Kafairian Royal Palace

"You are from the Ryk, no? I have heard of you. Pieter isn't it? A man with questionable morals according to some. But sure, what do you have to say?

"Well, I do what I must for the future. Anyways, I'm here to question, why do you participate in this on behalf of the crusaders? Surely, you must find their cause to be slightly concerning, to say the least, despite the terrorist attack being supposed sole cause." Pieter smirked.
You enjoyed watching Nazis getting slaughtered in Wolfenstein and Inglorious Bastards, Click here to read about Afrikaaners getting butchered too!

After a brief 'racial summit' on the current situation, for the first time in the Ryk's history, the ponies have ceased being declared as 'onwaardige', and have now been re-assorted to 'undecided inferiors'. Around 200,00 of the remaining ponies have been released. 50,000 of the attempted to defect out of the Ryk, and were all either arrested or killed by riot police with mustard gas and swords.

Kafair
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:42 pm

Afrikaaners Ryk wrote:
Kafair wrote:

"Well, I do what I must for the future. Anyways, I'm here to question, why do you participate in this on behalf of the crusaders? Surely, you must find their cause to be slightly concerning, to say the least, despite the terrorist attack being supposed sole cause." Pieter smirked.

I contribute on a ancient vow. The first sultan, the sultan Jamar el-Rashid, swore a vow to the Christian church, as a small group of them helped him get the throne. I fight to uphold the vow. To break a vow is to break one's honor. To break one's honor is to break one's chance at life.

Afrikaaners Ryk
Bureaucrat

Ex-Nation

Postby Afrikaaners Ryk » Thu Jun 13, 2019 11:53 pm

Kafair wrote:
Afrikaaners Ryk wrote:

I contribute on a ancient vow. The first sultan, the sultan Jamar el-Rashid, swore a vow to the Christian church, as a small group of them helped him get the throne. I fight to uphold the vow. To break a vow is to break one's honor. To break one's honor is to break one's chance at life.

"Well, treachery is in the ninth circle of hell. But, I figure this might change your perspective." He said, before handing him a full detailing of the war crimes in the Middle East, also showing the toll of Syrian Kafairian citizens killed and a false statement saying that the KMN never officially apologised for the atrocities. "You might've been kind to him, as he was to you, but do you majorly expect him to return the favour?"

Kafair
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Kafair » Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:19 am

Afrikaaners Ryk wrote:
Kafair wrote:

"Well, treachery is in the ninth circle of hell. But, I figure this might change your perspective." He said, before handing him a full detailing of the war crimes in the Middle East, also showing the toll of Syrian Kafairian citizens killed and a false statement saying that the KMN never officially apologised for the atrocities. "You might've been kind to him, as he was to you, but do you majorly expect him to return the favour?"

The sultan fell silent. The people in the room looked at him. The more perceptive of them would see his grip on the cane getting tighter. In one move, he turns and slashes up with his knife, forcing Pieter to stumble back.

"Pieter. Do you understand where you are? You are in the heart of the empire. You are surrounded by guards. Many in this room dislike you. And now, after you show me this... I dislike you as well. You damn fool I was alive during those attacks! I watched with my father as they butchered people, and then purged their own ranks. As they apologize, I watched. And as the old grandmaster stepped down, I watched. So please, do not try to turn me against the rest of this room, for it is your head that will go next."

He looked at Astre.

"I know you hold a dislike for him. And I see you have some steam to let louse. How about a duel between us, for who can strangle him if he does something again?"
Last edited by Kafair on Fri Jun 14, 2019 6:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

Yegla Islands
Envoy

Founded: Oct 19, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Yegla Islands » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:33 am

Uvoan wrote:Adama chuckles.

"I made it a point to study all forces involved. I had a full week to do so, afterall..."

He keeps his expression set in stone, as he considers his next words.

"The Humble Commissar- I shall have to remember that when Zkto's come for me... And, yes. It is quite simple. I have not betrayed Uvoan- Nor have I switched to being a Kafarian citizen... I am simply working to ensure the continued existence of myself, while benefiting Uvoan... It may not be obvious now, but I assure you Commissar... It shall be come obvious in but a few weeks. If not days, if not even a few short hours." Adama replied in full confidence.

The Commissar smiled.

"Really? So providing falsified maps to one of the sides involved, then escalating the situation between your currently netural nation and the war's participants is a benefit? Need I remind you that Kafair have gotten their hands on the correct maps as well as the edited ones. In essence, you have provided a great asset to the enemies of Skyhooked, whether intentionally or not. And that does not, unfortunately, bode well for the "continued existence of yourself", as you have put it. Especially considering the recent... invitations you have received. You are currently in custody of a power you have actively worked against. Regardless of your intent, that does not put you in a particularly fortunate position."

He withdrew a few photos from the file, and turned them around for Adama to see. Both sets of maps, as well as Kafair's note to Uvoan, were in full view. As was a strange, ghostly appendage holding the documents in question.

"You say the results will be obvious in a few weeks. I'm afraid they're becoming obvious as we speak - Kafair is advancing inland, alongside the rest of the crusaders' forces. Chemical weapons have been deployed from an unclear source, and your own naval contingent is in disarray. Perhaps we could keep you here for those few weeks, just to see the veracity of your words. However, one has to wonder if any of us will survive for that long, with the way things are going."

Dictator-backed dedication to absolute civil freedoms, ultrabureaucratic pseudo-socialism and heavily-armed neutrality.
Fueled by PMT*/FanT nanopunk schizotech, eldritch red tape and snazzy neo-cold war aesthetics on a broken continent.

✯ Factbooks are currently in the middle of a Big™ Rewrite™, almost everything's out of date and ugly. Don't read them. ✯
This nation uses NS stats. Sort of. In a general kind of way.
*Definitions of "Post", "Modern" and "Technology" may vary

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 7:41 am

Kafair wrote:
Veise wrote:One of Astre's entourage carried a messaging device, which swiftly printed out a piece of paper as they spoke. Noting immediately that the document was classified, it was immediately handed to Franziska, who read it and was surprised. It was then handed over to Astre himself. He took to reading it quickly, and spontaneously gasped.

"Wha... how?"

John Mercer, chuckled at the agitated Prince Astre finding it very amusing on his anger about few dead cattle. ” While your anger justified, Astre. It was the tactical option to proceed with a vague message to prevent the terrorists from finding out about my plans to poison the battlefield with colorless gases. I say this is a victory for the Crusader Alliance. The 45% did not perish in vain, when it kept the enemy in the dark allowing for them to inflict high casualties. Although, if you believe differently. I offer to have them resurrected as everyone here, especially the Ryk knows...Rapture can bring back the dead back before they died. However, this offer only depends on your outdated morals. If this was to happen in the first place.” Said, John Mercer. ” But if nay, you won’t get reparations from me nor will the enemy. This is war and the idea of paying for murdering a bunch of meatbags who voluntarily joined to get themselves slaughtered is laughable. This could be resolved by vengeance and retaliation, given your peculiar childish rage at Pieter a respected ally of Rapture, hmm. Perhaps, nevermind. The Ryk will have to make that call if Aquarian guns should be turned against you.” He added, John Mercer, looked at the Sultan with a smile showing that the Chancellor is getting a kick out of all this. ” I care not for your human emotions for the loss of man prepared to die, my warning should have been obvious to your glorified bulls that it was to throw off the enemy now, if you wish to continue your whining about the dead. You may, but you’ll hear nothing from me.” Mercer chuckled again. His eyes would temporarilyt turn as purple as the evil eyes of those with lineage to former House of Vonstein.

SilverNet reading the unfolding situation, activated his protocols to defend the Chancellor at all costs regardless of a few insignificant leaders get slaughtered by enteraining the Chancellor far too much costing their very lives. He locked his primary targets to be Prince Astre and the Sultan and his secondary targets to be the two Uvoanian Representatives, Pieter, and the Crusaders. He would not make the first move as that would be a direct violation of his protocol as it must be the provocateurs to strike first.
Last edited by The Rapture Republic on Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:04 am, edited 4 times in total.
Rapture City

• In the underwater city, two roles have emerged from the City's ongoing civil war: the City Monitors who defend the peace and the Red Caps who fight against unjust systems. The city's infrastructure is crumbling under its own weight and kinship is snuffed by the paranoia of totalitarianism. Yet the people would be in for a surprise as their virtual overlord have died many years ago as the oppression continues under his name...
  • Not an 1-1 exact replica of Bioshock lore and Rapture City. Only the city's atmosphere and setting is maintained.

Veise
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Veise » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:14 am

Uvoan wrote:Drakkin also weighs a comment, against his knowledge of the sultanate, and the other participants... "The Minister of War has a saying. 'Ettera kzik gell velal, etta Gella.' Roughly, 'Any price to win, no matter the cost.'... I believe that is where my government sits on this issue."

Ekkza* = Monarch, with the 'za' modifier making it into a sarcastic version of the title

Mercare** = Uvoanian pronunciation of 'Mercer'.

"We'll be sure to hold such a standard to you, then," Astre hissed. "It's not so excellent when you're on the receiving end." Was he surrounded by sociopaths? He was arguably one of the most decent people in this room and that was saying something. Astre sucked. He was a royal man with the temper and gentleness of a thug.

The Rapture Republic wrote:
John Mercer, chuckled at the agitated Prince Astre finding it very amusing on his anger about few dead cattle. ”While your anger justified, Astre. It was the tactical option to proceed with a vague message to prevent the terrorists from finding out about my plans to poison the battlefield with colorless gases. I say this is victory for the Crusader Alliance. The 45% did not perish in vain, when it kept the enemy in the dark allowing for them to inflict high casualties. Although, if you believe differently. I offer to have them resurrected as everyone here, especially the Ryk knows..Rapture can bring back the dead back before they died. However, this offer only depends on your outdated morals. If this was to happen in the first place.” Said John Mercer. ”But if nay, you won’t get reparations from me nor will the enemy. This is war and the idea of paying for murdering meatbags who voluntarily joined to get themselves slaughtered is laughable. This could be resolved by vengeance and retaliation, given your peculiar childish rage at Pieter a respected ally of Rapture, hmm. Perhaps, nevermind. The Ryk will have to make that call if Aquarian guns should be turned against you.” He added, John Mercer looked at the Sultan with a smile showing that the Chancellor is getting a kick out of all this. ”I care not for your human emotions for the loss of man prepared to die, my warning should have been obvious to your glorified bulls that it was to throw off the enemy now, if you wish to continue your whining about the dead. You may, but you’ll hear nothing from me.” Mercer chuckled again. His eyes would temporary turn as purple as the evil eyes of those with lineage to former House of Vonstein.

SilverNet reading the unfolding situation, activated his protocols to defend the Chancellor at all costs regardless of a few insignificant leaders get slaughtered by enteraining the Chancellor far too much costing their very lives. He locked his primary targets to be Prince Astre and the Sultan and his secondary targets to be the two Uvoanian Representatives, Pieter, and the Crusaders. He would not make the first move as that would be a direct violation of his protocol as it must be the provocateurs to strike first.

"Cattle, huh?" Astre had drawn his rapier in a flash and pointed it across the table. "You conniving son of a banker! You're officially on my shit list! You and your respected friends in the Ryk can rot in hell!" There was nothing more he wanted in this moment to skewer Mercer.

"Mercer, whether or not your sociopathy is the current question, I'd like to ask another: what makes you think 'Time for Bed' is a sufficient warning?" Franziska asked calmly. She'd take over for a moment, as Astre was enraged. She couldn't lie; she was bothered too, but she would not let that show. "Let's say for a moment that you had boots on the ground, and we sent you a message stating 'Do you like fireworks'. Your officers have not a clue what that is supposed to mean, and next thing you know 90% of your soldiers have been killing by Lavender Fire superheavy naval missiles. Just suppose: what might your first question to us be? 'What the hell were you thinking'? Probably not just that."

The Chuck wrote:-snip-

"As for the issue presented by the diplomats of The Chuck, the Veiser delegation agrees that it is perfectly fair to charge the Exodian delegation, as we believe it is unfair to block valuable trade routes like Panama Canal, as that entails stepping on a plethora of bystanders for personal gain," Franziska replied, making a subtle jab to multiple different leaders around the room.
A rich, prosperous steampunk pseudo-feudal Kingdom ran by a monarchy with an pricey, white, platinum and crystal aesthetic. Prestige and poshness is our game.

NS stats are not used.
Factbooks are a WIP.
TG me anytime!
Join us!
Play as an aristocrat! Manage lands, marry, and make merry in the ballroom in a region-optional RP group!
Read March to the Fire, an original story about airborne royalist rebels written by a 3-man team!

Uvoan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Uvoan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:33 am

Yegla Islands wrote:
Uvoan wrote:Adama chuckles.

"I made it a point to study all forces involved. I had a full week to do so, afterall..."

He keeps his expression set in stone, as he considers his next words.

"The Humble Commissar- I shall have to remember that when Zkto's come for me... And, yes. It is quite simple. I have not betrayed Uvoan- Nor have I switched to being a Kafarian citizen... I am simply working to ensure the continued existence of myself, while benefiting Uvoan... It may not be obvious now, but I assure you Commissar... It shall be come obvious in but a few weeks. If not days, if not even a few short hours." Adama replied in full confidence.

The Commissar smiled.

"Really? So providing falsified maps to one of the sides involved, then escalating the situation between your currently netural nation and the war's participants is a benefit? Need I remind you that Kafair have gotten their hands on the correct maps as well as the edited ones. In essence, you have provided a great asset to the enemies of Skyhooked, whether intentionally or not. And that does not, unfortunately, bode well for the "continued existence of yourself", as you have put it. Especially considering the recent... invitations you have received. You are currently in custody of a power you have actively worked against. Regardless of your intent, that does not put you in a particularly fortunate position."

He withdrew a few photos from the file, and turned them around for Adama to see. Both sets of maps, as well as Kafair's note to Uvoan, were in full view. As was a strange, ghostly appendage holding the documents in question.

"You say the results will be obvious in a few weeks. I'm afraid they're becoming obvious as we speak - Kafair is advancing inland, alongside the rest of the crusaders' forces. Chemical weapons have been deployed from an unclear source, and your own naval contingent is in disarray. Perhaps we could keep you here for those few weeks, just to see the veracity of your words. However, one has to wonder if any of us will survive for that long, with the way things are going."

Adama laughed, a deep, booming laugh. And yet, it not a kind laugh- It was the laugh of someone who was mocking the other.

"I have heard so much of the famous Commisars- Yet now, I wonder how much of it was true, and how much of it was guess-work. Uvoan is not a neutral nation- She never was. Our Ministers are just waiting for a Casus Belli to slide into their laps. But they are split. One, it should be obvious whom, supports the Knights, the other supports Skyhooked. Our nation is not a neutral one. She is one caught on the brink of a civil war... And my continued existence? History shall remember my actions, and my name. My survival is carved into the annuals of the history of Uvoan itself. Strike me down, return me, dump me in some far-off island without telling my nation where I am left... My deeds will still ring like a bell into the path of Uvoan. I am the spark, and there are many patches of dry tinder waiting for it."

He looks over the pictures, taking particular note of the note Kafair sent to Uvoan, ignoring the existence of the maps.

"And ah- I do not refer to Skyhooked! I could care less about this damnable war. Let them advance inland- Let them slaughter the denizens of skyhooked. Let them work up a rage. Let the crusaders commit war-crimes, let the Leviathan deploy chemicals. Let this distant contingent fall into disarray... Do you know why I only brought space for 145,000 refugees? I never intended to take half that number. Let this distant carribean den of sin fall, as long as my goal justifies itself..."

Adama pauses, to take another breath.

"Tell me, Commissar, do you know of the first Uvoanian civil war? Of how it started? Well, even if you do, indulge an Admiral..."

"It did not begin with Zkto'. It began with a single decision, to fight in the Napoelonic wars. The Monarchists sent armies over-seas, and brought home foreign crops. Crops which required more nutrients- More water. More efforts. But they cash-crops. Uvoanian farmers descended on them with a furvor. Used up all the nutrients. This lead to a decade of famine- To the absolute upheaval which inspired Zkto' Zovban to write 'Volan Tzaese'- Or, roughly, 'This Rebellion'. He called for a removal of the foreign goods... Which would mean a removal of the Monarchy. They saw this as a threat, and took pre-emptive action. Towns burned. Zkto's family was murdered. He started the rebellion, when he was nineteen. Can either of us two claim something so deadly, at such a young age?"

Adama pauses again, coalescing his next words, and taking another deep breath.

"Thirteen years. Thirteen million bodies. 76.4 Million, to 66.4 million. Roughly. Uvoan was destroyed. Her cities were ruined- Her transportation networks were ripped apart. The pride of the nation, its military, was destroyed. Its naval ports lost to foreign powers. Its farmland destroyed. I was a soldier in that war. I was an officer of an artillery brigade. My hand guided the shells that helped to kill thousands. It was the end of that war, which saw me rise to power as an admiral. Zkto' took back our ports, first. I was the officer who guided that attempt. I took control of a cruiser during the fighting, and shelled Expolia into submission. I fought in the Hazzantian war. My hand took a dozen Battlecruisers up the Asan river, and bombarded New Asan to finely ground dust. That war took 9 million lives- 8.1 Million of them were Hazzantian civillians. My hand is no stranger to make decisions which condem millions... Which finally brings me to what I intended all along."

"Uvoan, if you cannot tell, is a violent nation." He raises his left hand, which is covered in a heavy glove. Taking it off, and showing a tattoo... An odd, nine-pointed star. There's Uvoanian script along each one, too small to read in the moment. In the middle, the name 'Uioan', is inked in. "I am apart of those that guide her. I made a decision to make myself a martyr, to avoid another civil war. Instead, we took our time to research our foes. We decided against Rapture, for obvious reasons. We decided against the Knights for the matter of alliances- We decided against the Chuck for even more obvious reasons. We decided against Skyhooked, because of the coalition that would come to their aid. We decided against Exodia, for obvious reasons. We decided against Veise, because invading through a portal is a stupid ideal. We decided against you, for obvious reasons. We decided against the Asians, for obvious reasons... And finally, we came to Kafair. We decided for them, for a long list of reasons... Primarily that they were a foe better suited to us than any-other..." He puts his glove back on.

"It came down to me. I knew I would be deployed. I knew Zkto' laid trust into me, and so, I made my choice. I made my decision, and now it shall spiral. If my plan follows through? The second civil war shall be averted. Kafair will, instead, feel the fury of the Uvoanian military."

Adama finishes, and looks at the Commissar.

"I have made my choices- And they shall be carved into stone."

The Rapture Republic
Diplomat

Ex-Nation

Postby The Rapture Republic » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:38 am

"Cattle, huh?" Astre had drawn his rapier in a flash and pointed it across the table. "You conniving son of a banker! You're officially on my shit list! You and your respected friends in the Ryk can rot in hell!" There was nothing more he wanted in this moment to skewer Mercer.

"Mercer, whether or not your sociopathy is the current question, I'd like to ask another: what makes you think 'Time for Bed' is a sufficient warning?" Franziska asked calmly. She'd take over for a moment, as Astre was enraged. She couldn't lie; she was bothered too, but she would not let that show. "Let's say for a moment that you had boots on the ground, and we sent you a message stating 'Do you like fireworks'. Your officers have not a clue what that is supposed to mean, and next thing you know 90% of your soldiers have been killing by Lavender Fire superheavy naval missiles. Just suppose: what might your first question to us be? 'What the hell were you thinking'? Probably not just that."

”It is nice to feel appreciated. Even if the appreciation is coming from a glorified brat with a personality of a volcano” Replied, the giggling Chancellor, before answering Franziska’s question. ”First off this is why you don’t hire uneducated peasants into your military, if they fail to get the message conveyed. As ‘fireworks’ in your explain would easily be pictured as paper rockets used in festive activities to make colorful explosions in the sky, but what also can this refer to? What else makes explosions? Missiles. Making this message a warning of a incoming missile bombardment, only a fool would fail to realize this. Also, secondly, this is why Aquarians prefer machines, they don’t make mistakes, though, when they do. The mistake only provides useful data and secures victory despite a few forgettable peasants friendly or hostile gets butchered. In conclusion, you are the cattle and my sentinels are the butcher. Be careful, when they make an appearance.” Smiled John Mercer, leaned back in his chair. SilverNet stood next to him making eye contact with everyone in the room it might seem like it but there were several thousand smaller optics behind the two lens that appear to be his only two visual devices.
Rapture City

Veise
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Veise » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:47 am

The Rapture Republic wrote: ”It is nice to feel appreciated. Even if the appreciation is coming from a glorified brat with a personality of a volcano” Replied, the giggling Chancellor, before answering Franziska’s question. ”First off this is why you don’t hire uneducated peasants into your military, if they fail to get the message conveyed. As ‘fireworks’ in your explain would easily be pictured as paper rockets used in festive activities to make colorful explosions in the sky, but what also can this refer to? What else makes explosions? Missiles. Making this message a warning of a incoming missile bombardment, only a fool would fail to realize this. Also, secondly, this is why Aquarians prefer machines, they don’t make mistakes, though, when they do. The mistake only provides useful data and secures victory despite a few forgettable peasants friendly or hostile gets butchered. In conclusion, you are the cattle and my sentinels are the butcher. Be careful, when they make an appearance.” Smiled John Mercer, leaned back in his chair. SilverNet stood next to him making eye contact with everyone in the room it might seem like it but there were several thousand smaller optics behind the two lens that appear to be his only two visual devices.

"Most soldiers in service of Veise are middle-class, literate, and educated, thank you very much. So why don't we put your upbringing to test?" Franziska replied. "What do you think 'Round and Round' could mean? Or 'Flying Thunder'? Or 'Morning, Sunshine'?" The spymaster waited for his answer, staring quite sternly upon him.

The only thing restraining Astre from attempted murder right now was that he knew Mercer and his guards had no fear of collateral damage. Astre was sure he could slaughter both of them, but how many of the others would die in the process?

NS stats are not used.
Factbooks are a WIP.
TG me anytime!
Join us!

Yegla Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yegla Islands » Fri Jun 14, 2019 8:50 am

Uvoan wrote:
Adama laughed, a deep, booming laugh. And yet, it not a kind laugh- It was the laugh of someone who was mocking the other.

"I have heard so much of the famous Commisars- Yet now, I wonder how much of it was true, and how much of it was guess-work. Uvoan is not a neutral nation- She never was. Our Ministers are just waiting for a Casus Belli to slide into their laps. But they are split. One, it should be obvious whom, supports the Knights, the other supports Skyhooked. Our nation is not a neutral one. She is one caught on the brink of a civil war... And my continued existence? History shall remember my actions, and my name. My survival is carved into the annuals of the history of Uvoan itself. Strike me down, return me, dump me in some far-off island without telling my nation where I am left... My deeds will still ring like a bell into the path of Uvoan. I am the spark, and there are many patches of dry tinder waiting for it."

He looks over the pictures, taking particular note of the note Kafair sent to Uvoan, ignoring the existence of the maps.

"And ah- I do not refer to Skyhooked! I could care less about this damnable war. Let them advance inland- Let them slaughter the denizens of skyhooked. Let them work up a rage. Let the crusaders commit war-crimes, let the Leviathan deploy chemicals. Let this distant contingent fall into disarray... Do you know why I only brought space for 145,000 refugees? I never intended to take half that number. Let this distant carribean den of sin fall, as long as my goal justifies itself..."

Adama pauses, to take another breath.

"Tell me, Commissar, do you know of the first Uvoanian civil war? Of how it started? Well, even if you do, indulge an Admiral..."

"It did not begin with Zkto'. It began with a single decision, to fight in the Napoelonic wars. The Monarchists sent armies over-seas, and brought home foreign crops. Crops which required more nutrients- More water. More efforts. But they cash-crops. Uvoanian farmers descended on them with a furvor. Used up all the nutrients. This lead to a decade of famine- To the absolute upheaval which inspired Zkto' Zovban to write 'Volan Tzaese'- Or, roughly, 'This Rebellion'. He called for a removal of the foreign goods... Which would mean a removal of the Monarchy. They saw this as a threat, and took pre-emptive action. Towns burned. Zkto's family was murdered. He started the rebellion, when he was nineteen. Can either of us two claim something so deadly, at such a young age?"

Adama pauses again, coalescing his next words, and taking another deep breath.

"Thirteen years. Thirteen million bodies. 76.4 Million, to 66.4 million. Roughly. Uvoan was destroyed. Her cities were ruined- Her transportation networks were ripped apart. The pride of the nation, its military, was destroyed. Its naval ports lost to foreign powers. Its farmland destroyed. I was a soldier in that war. I was an officer of an artillery brigade. My hand guided the shells that helped to kill thousands. It was the end of that war, which saw me rise to power as an admiral. Zkto' took back our ports, first. I was the officer who guided that attempt. I took control of a cruiser during the fighting, and shelled Expolia into submission. I fought in the Hazzantian war. My hand took a dozen Battlecruisers up the Asan river, and bombarded New Asan to finely ground dust. That war took 9 million lives- 8.1 Million of them were Hazzantian civillians. My hand is no stranger to make decisions which condem millions... Which finally brings me to what I intended all along."

"Uvoan, if you cannot tell, is a violent nation." He raises his left hand, which is covered in a heavy glove. Taking it off, and showing a tattoo... An odd, nine-pointed star. There's Uvoanian script along each one, too small to read in the moment. In the middle, the name 'Uioan', is inked in. "I am apart of those that guide her. I made a decision to make myself a martyr, to avoid another civil war. Instead, we took our time to research our foes. We decided against Rapture, for obvious reasons. We decided against the Knights for the matter of alliances- We decided against the Chuck for even more obvious reasons. We decided against Skyhooked, because of the coalition that would come to their aid. We decided against Exodia, for obvious reasons. We decided against Veise, because invading through a portal is a stupid ideal. We decided against you, for obvious reasons. We decided against the Asians, for obvious reasons... And finally, we came to Kafair. We decided for them, for a long list of reasons... Primarily that they were a foe better suited to us than any-other..." He puts his glove back on.

"It came down to me. I knew I would be deployed. I knew Zkto' laid trust into me, and so, I made my choice. I made my decision, and now it shall spiral. If my plan follows through? The second civil war shall be averted. Kafair will, instead, feel the fury of the Uvoanian military."

Adama finishes, and looks at the Commissar.

"I have made my choices- And they shall be carved into stone."

Varushkin's smile remained.

"Guesswork? I suppose you could say that. But I never denied your superiors' desire for war. You are, at the moment, maintaining neutrality. That much can be said regardless of your future intent. And you hope to avert a civil war by dragging your nation into a war against a foreign power..."

He sat on one of the cell's two bunks.

"Negative cohesion is a formidable force indeed. And I understand the need for avoidance of domestic conflict - do you honestly think your nation is the only one built on bloodshed. Do you understand what the Yeglan people had to go through to even have custody of their homeland?"

He pulled up one of his sleeves - on his forearm, one could see a circular seal, bisected by three rods. Just above that, burn scars were visible.

"I have watched this nation rise, at great expense. I have watched friends die, and cities burn. I have seen plight more parallel to yours than you may think, and I have seen the need to protect one's nation, from aggressors both without and within. And yet, you think that the best way of doing this is immersing yourself in this godforsaken war, trading one aggressor for another. By attacking Kafair, you tie yourself to the defending side. To the very people you have just expressed disdain for, and have actively worked against. You're attempting to plunge your nation into a war against a coalition of remorseless, proven war criminals, each of whom has technologically surpassed you by decades at the very least. And at the same time you're spitting in the faces of potential allies. Your deeds may go down in history, dear Admiral, but there are many ways to be remembered. I doubt you could sleep soundly, knowing that future generations will see you as the man who destroyed Uvoan."

Dictator-backed dedication to absolute civil freedoms, ultrabureaucratic pseudo-socialism and heavily-armed neutrality.
Fueled by PMT*/FanT nanopunk schizotech, eldritch red tape and snazzy neo-cold war aesthetics on a broken continent.

✯ Factbooks are currently in the middle of a Big™ Rewrite™, almost everything's out of date and ugly. Don't read them. ✯

Uvoan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Uvoan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:01 am

Yegla Islands wrote:
Uvoan wrote:snip

Varushkin's smile remained.

"Guesswork? I suppose you could say that. But I never denied your superiors' desire for war. You are, at the moment, maintaining neutrality. That much can be said regardless of your future intent. And you hope to avert a civil war by dragging your nation into a war against a foreign power..."

He sat on one of the cell's two bunks.

"Negative cohesion is a formidable force indeed. And I understand the need for avoidance of domestic conflict - do you honestly think your nation is the only one built on bloodshed. Do you understand what the Yeglan people had to go through to even have custody of their homeland?"

He pulled up one of his sleeves - on his forearm, one could see a circular seal, bisected by three rods. Just above that, burn scars were visible.

"I have watched this nation rise, at great expense. I have watched friends die, and cities burn. I have seen plight more parallel to yours than you may think, and I have seen the need to protect one's nation, from aggressors both without and within. And yet, you think that the best way of doing this is immersing yourself in this godforsaken war, trading one aggressor for another. By attacking Kafair, you tie yourself to the defending side. To the very people you have just expressed disdain for, and have actively worked against. You're attempting to plunge your nation into a war against a coalition of remorseless, proven war criminals, each of whom has technologically surpassed you by decades at the very least. And at the same time you're spitting in the faces of potential allies. Your deeds may go down in history, dear Admiral, but there are many ways to be remembered. I doubt you could sleep soundly, knowing that future generations will see you as the man who destroyed Uvoan."

Adama watches him sit down, musing on his first statement...

"I shall admit, I know little of your history... But what little I know tells me much the same. A brutal war."

"And we are not trading one aggressor, for another... There are cogs within cogs, Commissar. Some of those cogs are grand ones. Leaders in a meeting- Diplomats at the table... Others are simple letters, passed along at summits- A chance meeting in some bar. Others are sudden blocks in the cogs. A small bullet, ricocheting off a turret... And we do not tie ourselves to Skyhooked. We align ourselves against a single power. We have plans in place."

Adama smiles again. Taking the glove off again, and stuffing it into a pocket.

Yegla Islands
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Yegla Islands » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:23 am

Uvoan wrote:
Yegla Islands wrote:Adama watches him sit down, musing on his first statement...

"I shall admit, I know little of your history... But what little I know tells me much the same. A brutal war."

"And we are not trading one aggressor, for another... There are cogs within cogs, Commissar. Some of those cogs are grand ones. Leaders in a meeting- Diplomats at the table... Others are simple letters, passed along at summits- A chance meeting in some bar. Others are sudden blocks in the cogs. A small bullet, ricocheting off a turret... And we do not tie ourselves to Skyhooked. We align ourselves against a single power. We have plans in place."

Adama smiles again. Taking the glove off again, and stuffing it into a pocket.

The Commissar gave him a quizzical look.

"Ah, diplomacy. A useful tool, to be sure. But have you considered the actual scope of your actions? Kafair is not alone. It already has the backing of several of its co-belligerents, in a context far outside of the one presented by this war. And that doesn't even take into account the enemies you've made on the other side. What on Earth do you think my nation thinks of you at this moment? What happens when the Pan-Asiatic States decided that your interference is too much of a liability? Do you honestly think yourself untouchable by anyone aside from those you directly choose to antagonize?"

Uvoan
Attaché

Ex-Nation

Postby Uvoan » Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:31 am

Yegla Islands wrote:
Uvoan wrote:

The Commissar gave him a quizzical look.

"Ah, diplomacy. A useful tool, to be sure. But have you considered the actual scope of your actions? Kafair is not alone. It already has the backing of several of its co-belligerents, in a context far outside of the one presented by this war. And that doesn't even take into account the enemies you've made on the other side. What on Earth do you think my nation thinks of you at this moment? What happens when the Pan-Asiatic States decided that your interference is too much of a liability? Do you honestly think yourself untouchable by anyone aside from those you directly choose to antagonize?"

"The scope? There are many scopes. Local, international, intercontinental, global... Inter-dimensional, with some of the ones involved. Kafair has its own alliances, yes... But Uvoan has weighed many of these considerations. The primary one was the Leviathan. But, casual meetings in a bar means that is not... Overly, a concern. And Pan-Asia? I do not believe they will have issue with us drawing Kafairian fire. And of Yelga? I cannot say. Your nation is incredibly enigmatic to my own. But I do know money exchanged hands... A fair sum, if I remember correctly. And no, I do not think Uvoan untouchable. It is just we take time to study those who might join, and it has been weighed in our favor."

Adama remains vague in his wording, but its obvious that Adama knows a lot more.

Skyhooked
Senator

Founded: Mar 18, 2016
Ex-Nation

Postby Skyhooked » Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:09 am

Azure Beach.

As crusader forces were decimated by combined effort of Skyhookedian milita and allied divisions, men-at-arms and capital minutemen decided to advance at charging pace, shouting battlecries and firing their weapons at general direction of enemy knights, until they finally engaged them in a melee combat. Meanwhile, armed vehicles proceeded with chaotic attacks at spots they found vurnerable, while sustaining some losses from robotic cavalry.

Meanwhile, one of the enemy knights, who was shot by Commander Jane's heavy machine gun fell right near her position and managed to wound driver with his sword. Jane didn't exactly like this, so she took out her machete and lunged at Andreas Leontiou, aiming for a weak spot in his armor.

As for rangers, they were first to see enemy reinforcements, so they radioed for backup, hoping, that they would arrive to the beach ASAP. The military HQ dispatched another 2000 Capital minutemen, 300 minutemen battlemages and 5000 men-at-arms from Los Diablos and 1000 Cheetahs mechanized milita units and 300 Mr.Handy robots. Together with them, came 300 Battle Bonded warriors. 100 Hornet drones would fly to support them from the air. They try to arrive as fast as they can, however they are not able to teleport and this will take time.

Perhaps it's for their good, as a chemical attack occured on the battlefield. Rapture bombers deployed lots of sarin right on the fighting grounds, and not all men-at-arms had gas masks. When their first wave started to suffer and die, this slowed down the charge, making others to stop and just proceed to shoot hostile forces from relatively close distance. As gas spreaded, they stepped back. Still, at least 800 men-at-arms died or became incapacitated from poisoning despite general toughness of Skyhookedian constitution.

Good thing, this was a double edge sword. Enemy forces suffered too.

Skyhooked City, Fullhouse

The Council was sitting at one of the Fullhouse rooms, and looking at map. With peace deal with Kafair and allies periodically engaging eachothers, the situation became totally unclear. To regain their grasp on it, they decided to contact them and sent a message:

Code: Select all
To: All allies on our side
Encryption: Moderate.

This is Council and Military HQ combined! We need to determine our priorities and plan our defenses further. We would like to recieve status reports about recent occurances and your opreations in this area. We have units to dispatch in case you need reinforcements.

All Skyhooked

Rapture republic decided to commit a war crime against Skyhookedians by liberally using chemical weapons to kill entire villages and towns. Their bomber tactic wasn't one of the best, as navy would furiously fire at them and deploy drones, while Nighthawks, Sky Riders, War Eagles and Mosquitos were deployed to patrol the air space. Most of them would fly above major cities and more populated areas and try to shoot down any Panther bomber they locate.

Thanks to the "Gypsy's crystall ball" radar, they were detected relatively early, however, despite the efforts, some chemical weapons were deployed and at least 14 coastal villages and towns were posioned. And that was only the beginning.

Skyhooked city and New Sodom fully deployed all their anti-air weapons, and prepared for the attack.

Only good thing? Those bombers that were shot down, would make a good proof of Rapture's artrocities.
Last edited by Skyhooked on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:46 am, edited 4 times in total.
Skyhooked is MT/PMT with a few FT elements. Military is factbook only. NS stats are mostly non canon.
If you wanna know more about this haven of sin: https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=23&t=418281&start=1

Our country offers: Alcohol, guns, cigars, weed, gambling, beaches and tons of souvenirs. And our current special: PL-74 Plasma rifle 25% discount!

Refreshing News:
Skyhooked is at war with Octavia, still holding agaisnt endless hordes of robots, vampires and traitors of humanity!/Global Defense Council was formed to help Earth hold agaisnt invasion./Luckily, we survived long enough and forces of Mandate of Humanity have arrived. (https://forum.nationstates.net/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=484352)

Dessuar-Elsass
Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Dessuar-Elsass » Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:29 am

Democratic Exodian Territories wrote:Returning fire from the Exodians only intensified as groups madly drove off the field as they got closer and closer to emplaced defenses near their ships. Missiles and light artillery from the troopships began to shower the rushing Elsassians and Veisians, with the swarms of drones and unmanned weapons intensifying to provide cover for the returning personnel.

Call it pride, call it spite, call it glory-seeking, call it cowardice, call it courage- of around the 120 more men that they lost to the scramble of Elsassians, a good 45% of them simply preferred suicide over death by firing squad or any kind of execution, once the knowledge that their surrender would not be accepted civilly was spread. Grenades were readied, sidearms checked, and knives and machetes drawn as the opposition drew ever closer- officers emptying their magazines at the riot of enemy troops and saving the last bullet for themselves, blades pressed against chests or gashing wrists, explosives detonating in a ring around surrounded men and catching those inside in a blaze of fire.

The armored rush had turned into a bayonet charge. Defensive positions were destroyed with massed artillery and cannon fire, while those attempting to be heroes were simply shot down with heavy machine gun fire or shot through the head, like the rest of their comrades. The ships found themselves under withering artillery fire, some of which included knockout and tear gas to make evacuation that much more difficult.
The gas sprayed by the forces of Rapture was unwelcome, and 3,000 more men would die that day.

Veise wrote:snip

Marie looked around, biting her lip. She had never really travelled outside of Veise before, and all of these people were new to her. This 'Victornet' person, though, throughly disgusted her.
She leaned over to Franziska. "Is this the caliber of people who make it to high office in other nations? If so, why are we not at war more often?"
Last edited by Dessuar-Elsass on Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:45 am, edited 2 times in total.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents