NATION

PASSWORD

To Stand Against MT IC OPEN Character

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]
Hugolande
Civil Servant

Founded: May 10, 2019
Ex-Nation

To Stand Against MT IC OPEN Character

Postby Hugolande » Mon May 13, 2019 3:54 am

President Baom's face could hardly express his exasperation, his frustration, his despair. His chestnut brown hair was disorderly, his tie was the same that he wore yesterday and his shirt collar was askew, all highly unusual for the normally well groomed dandy. He sat with his cabinet, with whom he had worked the last few weeks to prevent war and preserve the freedom of his people.

"It is no good" he spoke, clearly frustrated. "It's as if Melchior wants war. Just as soon as we think we have a compromise, we find out he has snuck in a little catch. I wish we could just tell him to stuff it. But we can't, he would win a war and he knows it, that is why he holds out. He has the winning hand."

"What about our troops, you said that you were converting the gendarmery into a real fighting force?" asked the Economic Minister.

"We have gained recruits, but we don't have enough equipment, not that we can even pay them all, but even then the Maguzapachian Army is better equipped and larger. It was only suppose to be a negotiating tactic" replied the Interior Minister.

"What about outside help?" asked the Education Minister.

"How Marga?, we have no allies, no contacts, no embassies, nothing" answered the President bitterly.

"Why not ask the exiles from Maguzapach? The former Republican Assistant Foreign Minister, Jade Huk is here. She certainly has contacts" suggested Marga.

Baom felt hopeful once again. "I could kiss you!" he said, but refrained himself from following his words with actions. If Marga was disappointed, she didn't show it. "I will send the Whip around to check the temperature of the senate, and Julen to contact Huk."

Return to International Incidents