NATION

PASSWORD

Cymopolia: New Beginnings [OOC] [Apply First]

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Zravvisk
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jan 07, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby The Zravvisk » Wed May 01, 2019 1:40 am

NS Nation Name: The Zravvisk
Canonical Nation Name: The Armada of the Zravvisk, also called by our nickname the “Space Dragons”
Tech Level: FT
Leader: Valstrath Dragua
Government Type: Chiefdom. Armada is ruled by a chief who has almost unlimited power, who is kept in check by a ruling council who does have unlimited power.
Ideology (If Applicable): Armed pacifism. We don’t like starting wars or spilling blood, but when war finds us, we are ready to fight.
Nomadic: Settling on a planet or space station ties you down and keeps you from having the freedom to explore the universe.
Who Will You Support? (please put in bold): The New Circle, the Reclaimers or Neutral?Neutral
What’s Your Reason For Supporting Them?: This is a new galaxy we know little about and the Armada does not like getting tired up in the affairs of other nations.
What’s Your Nation’s Goals?: Explore the new galaxy, salvage new ships/equipment for the Armada or artifacts for our hoards, provide assistance to those in need
Do You Plan On Joining The Region?: Sure
Other: Like other nations we’ll also be arriving by wormhole. Since we salvage most of our equipment our ships can vary from advanced precursor ships to Frankenstein ships made out of several other ships. This will also be my first rp in a couple of years so I hope I’m not too rusty.
Zravvisk is the name of our species, but other people commonly call us "Space Dragons".
Don't meddle in the affairs of dragons for you are crunchy and tolerable with condiments.
A day in the Armada isn't too different from a Star Trek episode if almost eveyone in the Federation was a dragon and spiritual.
Trying to collect every NS pokemon card. Almost 630 collected.

La Paz de Los Ricos wrote:They believe the stars are full of wonder, when they are, in fact, GIANT, BURNING DEMON-SPHERES OF SIGHT-BLINDING, GRAVITY-CREATING, LIFE-ENDING, OVERALL DEADLINESS.

Cruciland
Senator

Founded: Dec 22, 2011
Authoritarian Democracy

Postby Cruciland » Wed May 01, 2019 5:19 am

A m e n r i a wrote:Why are there so many bad guys? Btw the New Circle is good right? Or are they more lawful neutral?

I believe there may be so many "bad guys" because Cymopolia was founded by the folks in the Imperial Consortium, which has in turn attracted others... Also because some people on International Incidents just like to take advantage of an unstable galaxy. :p

I don't recall a shred of lore being given on the New Circle, but then again I'm not part of the Discord group which may or may not give more info on them. As far as I can say, it's like the Battletech galaxy where you have the people in the galaxy who are recovering from war and rebuilding their old empire, and the people from the edge of the galaxy who exiled themselves but are now moving back in to begin a new age. They both sucked for their own reasons, either for bickering themselves into oblivion or for being a bunch of jingoistic thugs, so there might not be any true "good guys" to choose between here either.
THREADS SINGLE-HANDEDLY KILLED: 29 | Beliefs IBeliefs IIBeliefs III
Crucilandians - Old Capital - New Capital | A 4.8 civilization, according to this index.
Socialdemokraterne wrote:If the absence of secularism wasn't enough to scare our people, the rate of which the doomsday button is pressed by them sure settled the matter.

Prussia-Steinbach wrote:Cruciland, I just want to say, your nation is frightening.

The Inevitable Syndicate wrote:My advice to you, dear Gordano-Lysandus, is to run. Or hide. Maybe not hiding, because the Crucilandians will find you, and by their god, you will be assimilated.

Eidolan Assembly and Titanomachina
Lobbyist

Founded: Apr 28, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Eidolan Assembly and Titanomachina » Wed May 01, 2019 5:37 am

Cruciland wrote:
A m e n r i a wrote:Why are there so many bad guys? Btw the New Circle is good right? Or are they more lawful neutral?

I believe there may be so many "bad guys" because Cymopolia was founded by the folks in the Imperial Consortium, which has in turn attracted others... Also because some people on International Incidents just like to take advantage of an unstable galaxy. :p

I don't recall a shred of lore being given on the New Circle, but then again I'm not part of the Discord group which may or may not give more info on them. As far as I can say, it's like the Battletech galaxy where you have the people in the galaxy who are recovering from war and rebuilding their old empire, and the people from the edge of the galaxy who exiled themselves but are now moving back in to begin a new age. They both sucked for their own reasons, either for bickering themselves into oblivion or for being a bunch of jingoistic thugs, so there might not be any true "good guys" to choose between here either.

Yeah, I'd say join the discord: a lot of what you're looking for is there. Especially some NC stuff: there's actually less on the Reclaimers.

Otherwise, I'd say that neither side is good or bad. Neither faction are the bad guys (heck, one's an authoritarian government and the other's raiders and pirates), ostensibly, the New Circle and Reclaimers are both... kinda assholes in different regards. In all consideration, the Titanomachina are Lawful Good... but work with the Reclaimers. On the other end of things, Zeon is working with the NC: they're basically autocratic with democratic undertones.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Founded: Jun 08, 2017
Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed May 01, 2019 7:18 am

How's that even possible? All the bad guys are supposed to combat the greater good and all the good guys should band together. If Titanomachia is so good, they would condemn the Reclaimers' plundering and killing innocents..if they do that, anyways, I don't know what difference there is between the Reclaimers and regular pirates.
The Empire of Amenria (亚洲帝国)
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.
Your guide to Amenria, organized for your convenience

Kash Island
Minister

Founded: Jan 15, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Kash Island » Wed May 01, 2019 7:59 am

NS Nation Name:Kash Island
Canonical Nation: Kash Cartel
Tech Level: PMT/FT
Leader: Cassian Kash
Government Type: Interstellar Drug Cartel
Ideology (If Applicable): Organized Crime
Who Will You Support? (please put in bold): The New Circle
What’s Your Reason For Supporting Them?: The New Circle, being the new "government" is dealiing with other issues, including with pirates. The New Circle can be a potential business partner in exchange for the Cartel dealing with the pirates and other organizations which are medley competition.
What’s Your Nation’s Goals?: Establish a stronghold and territory for distribution
Do You Plan On Joining The Region?: IDK
Other: Get hands of equipment for the Carte
Modern Tech: Pure Despotism
Future Tech: n/al
Major Exports:
Major Imports:
CAPITERN MEMBER

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Wed May 01, 2019 12:10 pm

The Zravvisk wrote:NS Nation Name: The Zravvisk
Canonical Nation Name: The Armada of the Zravvisk, also called by our nickname the “Space Dragons”
Tech Level: FT
Leader: Valstrath Dragua
Government Type: Chiefdom. Armada is ruled by a chief who has almost unlimited power, who is kept in check by a ruling council who does have unlimited power.
Ideology (If Applicable): Armed pacifism. We don’t like starting wars or spilling blood, but when war finds us, we are ready to fight.
Nomadic: Settling on a planet or space station ties you down and keeps you from having the freedom to explore the universe.
Who Will You Support? (please put in bold): The New Circle, the Reclaimers or Neutral?Neutral
What’s Your Reason For Supporting Them?: This is a new galaxy we know little about and the Armada does not like getting tired up in the affairs of other nations.
What’s Your Nation’s Goals?: Explore the new galaxy, salvage new ships/equipment for the Armada or artifacts for our hoards, provide assistance to those in need
Do You Plan On Joining The Region?: Sure
Other: Like other nations we’ll also be arriving by wormhole. Since we salvage most of our equipment our ships can vary from advanced precursor ships to Frankenstein ships made out of several other ships. This will also be my first rp in a couple of years so I hope I’m not too rusty.

Accepted.

Kash Island wrote:NS Nation Name:Kash Island
Canonical Nation: Kash Cartel
Tech Level: PMT/FT
Leader: Cassian Kash
Government Type: Interstellar Drug Cartel
Ideology (If Applicable): Organized Crime
Who Will You Support? (please put in bold): The New Circle
What’s Your Reason For Supporting Them?: The New Circle, being the new "government" is dealiing with other issues, including with pirates. The New Circle can be a potential business partner in exchange for the Cartel dealing with the pirates and other organizations which are medley competition.
What’s Your Nation’s Goals?: Establish a stronghold and territory for distribution
Do You Plan On Joining The Region?: IDK
Other: Get hands of equipment for the Carte

Accepted.

A m e n r i a wrote:How's that even possible? All the bad guys are supposed to combat the greater good and all the good guys should band together. If Titanomachia is so good, they would condemn the Reclaimers' plundering and killing innocents..if they do that, anyways, I don't know what difference there is between the Reclaimers and regular pirates.

The New Circle and the Reclaimers tend to operate on grey and grey morality. The other nations, however, may operate with other shades of grey (for example, the Decepticons could/would be morally black). As I've said, with the New Circle and the Reverent, neither are truly good, nor are they truly evil.
My current RP - you can join if you want. | Proud member of The Anti-Democracy League. | If you want to join our region, come and join; you're more than welcome! | My Q&A's here as well.

I do not use NationStates stats. I use my own.

Kasa Tkoth Sphere
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kasa Tkoth Sphere » Wed May 01, 2019 2:01 pm

Hey Pax, do you plan on posting the list of accepted nations in the OP? I'd like to get a more immediate feel for who's who in this conflict, if that isn't too hard for you.
"You are not the person they think is hiding inside you. You're the person who can see yourself clearly."

Holder of Dreams and the K-Sphere are tirelessly working to put your preferences first and mortality last. Planetary upload procedures available on request!

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eidolan Assembly and Titanomachina » Wed May 01, 2019 5:36 pm

A m e n r i a wrote:How's that even possible? All the bad guys are supposed to combat the greater good and all the good guys should band together. If Titanomachia is so good, they would condemn the Reclaimers' plundering and killing innocents..if they do that, anyways, I don't know what difference there is between the Reclaimers and regular pirates.

Man, is there no middle ground with you? They're both basically as good and as bad: the Titanomachina pick the side of the Reclaimers for multiple reasons, and none of them are "because they're the good guys." It's out of a want to aid the downtrodden end of the galaxy, the ones who truly suffered the most out of the war. What they do is not of malcontent, but to survive and to prosper over their foe: the same as the New Circle as well. Along with that, the Titanomachina know how the center of the galaxy used to be, and with the fact of their merit, they also share a similar environment of sorts.

In no way do they find either side evil: in fact, they're more wary of the ones coming into their galaxy such as yourself. However, they don't hate every foreigner they meet, seeing as they're also observers of the events of the galaxy: only aligned in a supportive role.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Wed May 01, 2019 9:50 pm

Eidolan Assembly and Titanomachina wrote:

Man, is there no middle ground with you? They're both basically as good and as bad: the Titanomachina pick the side of the Reclaimers for multiple reasons, and none of them are "because they're the good guys." It's out of a want to aid the downtrodden end of the galaxy, the ones who truly suffered the most out of the war. What they do is not of malcontent, but to survive and to prosper over their foe: the same as the New Circle as well. Along with that, the Titanomachina know how the center of the galaxy used to be, and with the fact of their merit, they also share a similar environment of sorts.

In no way do they find either side evil: in fact, they're more wary of the ones coming into their galaxy such as yourself. However, they don't hate every foreigner they meet, seeing as they're also observers of the events of the galaxy: only aligned in a supportive role.

Ahh, so it's like you feel pity over the Reclaimers because they're a rag tag bunch of survivors who lost their home? Understandable. So this is more a law versus chaos thing, I see?
Sinocentric Asian theocratic absolute monarchy. Set 28 years in the future. On-site factbooks are no longer canon. A 13.14 civilization, according to this index.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eidolan Assembly and Titanomachina » Thu May 02, 2019 3:36 am

A m e n r i a wrote:

Ahh, so it's like you feel pity over the Reclaimers because they're a rag tag bunch of survivors who lost their home? Understandable. So this is more a law versus chaos thing, I see?

Basically, yes.

The Titanomachina are an angelic, holy-like race of beings. Their whole existence is to aid others. Though, they're not someone you want to start a figh with, at all.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu May 02, 2019 3:51 am

A m e n r i a wrote:

Basically, yes.

The Titanomachina are an angelic, holy-like race of beings. Their whole existence is to aid others. Though, they're not someone you want to start a figh with, at all.

Damn, that sounds like a species I came up with for my leader.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eidolan Assembly and Titanomachina » Thu May 02, 2019 4:16 am

A m e n r i a wrote:
Basically, yes.

There's a whole lot to the Titanomachina: as well as the fact that they're also the denizens to an even more powerful force, they also have been born and bred to fight basically anything that they come against. However, half an eon of actually doing nothing but peace and only training led to them becoming more of a pacifistic race. They're still armed enough that their fingers are armed with what are basically high-caliber, rapid firing particle cannons, and their arsenal to each of them consists of hundreds of weapons as well as defenses, supportive technology, and more.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Founded: Mar 03, 2017
Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu May 02, 2019 6:17 am

A m e n r i a wrote:

There's a whole lot to the Titanomachina: as well as the fact that they're also the denizens to an even more powerful force, they also have been born and bred to fight basically anything that they come against. However, half an eon of actually doing nothing but peace and only training led to them becoming more of a pacifistic race. They're still armed enough that their fingers are armed with what are basically high-caliber, rapid firing particle cannons, and their arsenal to each of them consists of hundreds of weapons as well as defenses, supportive technology, and more.

Let's see how they fare against a good ol' eldritch horror hmm?
I'm a Cthulhist and a Proud Member of the Federation of Allies.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.
Formerly the NCSU, add 5000 posts please.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu May 02, 2019 7:26 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:

Damn, at first I was just gonna send a small task force, but you guys seem tough enough to face my leader personally.

Lobbyist

Ex-Nation

Postby Eidolan Assembly and Titanomachina » Thu May 02, 2019 9:10 am

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:

You, uh. You're gonna be surprised.

Aeiouia
Diplomat

Founded: Jul 05, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby Aeiouia » Thu May 02, 2019 9:40 am

I would highly recommend that people do not directly bring gods/eldritch beings into this. That will cause immediate power creep with other people bringing in their own gods to counter it, which will basically mean that the thread devolves into an OOC slugfest.
Future Tech. Dim-witted living starship creatures in their equivalent to the stone age, attempting to form a civilization.
This nation got massively re-written a few years ago. Any posts from this nation before 2017 are eligible for cringe and losing subscriber.

A m e n r i a
Negotiator

Corrupt Dictatorship

Postby A m e n r i a » Thu May 02, 2019 10:13 am

Aeiouia wrote:I would highly recommend that people do not directly bring gods/eldritch beings into this. That will cause immediate power creep with other people bringing in their own gods to counter it, which will basically mean that the thread devolves into an OOC slugfest.

You're right. Let's start small and then one up each other. :p

Anaxus
Bureaucrat

Founded: Jul 29, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Anaxus » Thu May 02, 2019 1:48 pm

Anaxus here, will be RPing as this organisation/nation instead.

NS Nation Name: The Intergalactic Commerce Authority
Canonical Nation Name: The Intergalactic Commerce Authority (The ICA for short)
Tech Level: FT/FFT
Leader: Director Anaxus of Iacon
Government Type: Corporatocracy/Megacorporation
Ideology (If Applicable): Capitalism, Neutrality, Authoritarianism
Who Will You Support? (please put in bold): The New Circle, the Reclaimers or Neutral?
What’s Your Reason For Supporting Them?: The ICA will work with both groups, as well as others,
What’s Your Nation’s Goals?: To establish trading posts and trade routes, other undisclosed objectives
Do You Plan On Joining The Region?: In the region already
Other: Sorta based off the Trade Federation (Star Wars) and the Weyland-Yutani Corporation (Alien)
Peace Through Tyranny!

This character was brought to you by Upper Secundus, in association with Pax Cybertronian. Special thanks to Valentine Z for helping to design my factbook.

The Intergalactic Commerce Authority
Political Columnist

Founded: Mar 09, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby The Intergalactic Commerce Authority » Thu May 02, 2019 1:49 pm

New nation.
Also known as Upper Secundus and Anaxus.

Pax Cybertronian
Ambassador

Founded: Jun 20, 2017
Corporate Police State

Postby Pax Cybertronian » Thu May 02, 2019 1:51 pm

Anaxus wrote:Anaxus here, will be RPing as this organisation/nation instead.

NS Nation Name: The Intergalactic Commerce Authority
Canonical Nation Name: The Intergalactic Commerce Authority (The ICA for short)
Tech Level: FT/FFT
Leader: Director Anaxus of Iacon
Government Type: Corporatocracy/Megacorporation
Ideology (If Applicable): Capitalism, Neutrality, Authoritarianism
Who Will You Support? (please put in bold): The New Circle, the Reclaimers or Neutral?
What’s Your Reason For Supporting Them?: The ICA will work with both groups, as well as others,
What’s Your Nation’s Goals?: To establish trading posts and trade routes, other undisclosed objectives
Do You Plan On Joining The Region?: In the region already
Other: Sorta based off the Trade Federation (Star Wars) and the Weyland-Yutani Corporation (Alien)

Accepted.
My current RP - you can join if you want. | Proud member of The Anti-Democracy League. | If you want to join our region, come and join; you're more than welcome! | My Q&A's here as well.

I do not use NationStates stats. I use my own.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu May 02, 2019 7:38 pm

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Let's see how they fare against a good ol' eldritch horror hmm?

Finally! Something that isn't a stomp! This is gonna be fun.
Don’t expect a warm welcome in P2TM, but let them warm up to you by posting good stuff.

Arkeyana
Minister

Founded: Mar 21, 2017
Democratic Socialists

Postby Arkeyana » Thu May 02, 2019 7:44 pm

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:

Finally! Something that isn't a stomp! This is gonna be fun.

Uhhh
Did ya not read Aeouia's post?

Aeiouia wrote:I would highly recommend that people do not directly bring gods/eldritch beings into this. That will cause immediate power creep with other people bringing in their own gods to counter it, which will basically mean that the thread devolves into an OOC slugfest.

Ruskland-Preuben
Minister

Ex-Nation

Postby Ruskland-Preuben » Thu May 02, 2019 8:05 pm

Arkeyana wrote:
Ruskland-Preuben wrote:Finally! Something that isn't a stomp! This is gonna be fun.

Uhhh

>gods
>not shoggoths or elder things
What do you think I am? A dullard?

Kasa Tkoth Sphere
Envoy

Founded: Apr 23, 2019
Scandinavian Liberal Paradise

Postby Kasa Tkoth Sphere » Thu May 02, 2019 8:36 pm

Ruskland-Preuben wrote:
Arkeyana wrote:
Uhhh

>gods
>not shoggoths or elder things
What do you think I am? A dullard?

You have enough reading comprehension to understand what Aeiouia meant. I get that this post was likely a joke, but the issue is important and you've demonstrated no desire to actually back down on deploying entities of the sort that provoke OOC conflict.
Last edited by Kasa Tkoth Sphere on Thu May 02, 2019 8:39 pm, edited 3 times in total.
"You are not the person they think is hiding inside you. You're the person who can see yourself clearly."

Holder of Dreams and the K-Sphere are tirelessly working to put your preferences first and mortality last. Planetary upload procedures available on request!

Euphoria X
Lobbyist

Founded: Mar 15, 2019
Psychotic Dictatorship

Postby Euphoria X » Thu May 02, 2019 8:47 pm

I will be joining pretty much soon, like preferably next week after worldbuilding has been done.

Have been super busy with the exams lately, and... yeah, there's that. :P

It didn't help that the exams are fantastically difficult too (though it's good knowing that I'm not the only one who finds it so).

-----

Anyway, expect an app somewhere next week. I will be joining Neutral, and just a quickie lore that I have thought of:

Somewhere in the not-too-distant past, Valentine Z has prospered and it's pretty much a happy nation for many, taking over the entire Earth during its peak. However, the Decepticon menace strikes again, and has pretty much killed 50% of the 6 billion strong populace this time, and Valentijn figured that enough is enough.

He will not stop the war - rather, he will turn the tides for those that has struck him and his people. The very idea of selling concentrated and consumable motivation (think of those Joy pills from We Happy Few) so that the soldiers from both sides of the war have the motivation to fight each other, while having failsafes (more on that when I worldbuild) so that there's a 80% chance that neither side would turn against Valentine Z Euphoria X.

The time has come to realise that our foes must get a taste of their own medicine for waging war on us. They will kill each other, and we profit from it. Simple.
- Crinale Valentijn “De Eerst en Vertoornen Valkyrie General” Samantha Maxmillian Gamma Hendrik Hirohisa Reingard Marnix Constantine Thet Zarni Sein Lin

I have read the posts above. Don't worry, no Gods will be brought into here... in fact, I don't think I'm making one for this nation. Just huge-ass giants, mostly.
Last edited by Euphoria X on Thu May 02, 2019 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Valentine Z again, except... what happens if Happiness is no longer from actual Happiness? Dopamine hits are free of charge to Valentians. For the other countries... pay up.
We use these Dopamine hits (called Happiness Elixir liquid) and sell them to warring nations, in order to escalate their conflicts. Easy $$$.
We are also not edgy people! Just with a very, very different and radical outlook on life. You can't have conflicts if the conflicting people are dead. *Taps forehead*

Short Overview || History || Crinale Valentijn || Daedalus Clarissa

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents