NATION

PASSWORD

Klaus' War {OOC|MT|CLOSED}

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:32 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Posted. This is the first time I think I've ever written about Klaus' son, the Crown Prince, and I'm glad to finally give him some character.

New Decius wrote:Julius rubbed at his temples as he leaned back in his chair, just thinking about the implications should Project Freya ever come to the light of day. It would be the biggest disaster in German history.

Hmm, maybe not the biggest.

Btw, New Decius, I noticed you've used the character "ë" in the names of several of your characters, I was just curious if this was just a fun stylistic thing to vary the names of your characters or if it's actually an element in some German names? Of course I'm no native of Germany, but I've never seen that diacritic used in standard German at least.

Anyway, I'm very excited to see your response to my post.

Its just a fun stylistic thing. I’d catch flak with my countrymen for improper grammar but I felt okay for the purpose of writing fiction
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Apr 26, 2020 12:22 pm

New Decius wrote:
Its just a fun stylistic thing. I’d catch flak with my countrymen for improper grammar but I felt okay for the purpose of writing fiction

Alright, makes sense— you had me doubting my knowledge of German there for a second, though! I researched what languages use "ë" and discovered that Kashubian does, so I was really second-guessing myself.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Apr 28, 2020 10:24 pm

Apologies for a very terse post today, didn't end up with as much times as I would have like to detail combat. More extensive information will be included in Saturday's post.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Atkemri
Minister

Founded: Apr 14, 2017
Inoffensive Centrist Democracy

Postby Atkemri » Sat May 02, 2020 8:57 am

Sorry for my post being so delayed, I had another RP I was OPing and it took up a lot of my time. For said post, can I be told the secessionist factions and which ones are still around. I know the Dutch were mostly destroyed and the French are on their way there, but what about the Saatlanders?
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used
A 16 civilization, according to this index.
Join my new NS super server!

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat May 02, 2020 10:03 pm

Posted. Didn't have nearly as much time as I'd have liked, so apologies, but I couldn't incorporate the detail I promised you. :(

Atkemri wrote:Sorry for my post being so delayed, I had another RP I was OPing and it took up a lot of my time. For said post, can I be told the secessionist factions and which ones are still around. I know the Dutch were mostly destroyed and the French are on their way there, but what about the Saatlanders?

That's fine, we all understand. The Saatlanders have been destroyed, the Dutch are still fighting but are being quickly eroded, the French are the stablest of the three.

The Wanderer

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Founded: Jan 25, 2018
Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Thu May 07, 2020 6:56 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Posted. Didn't have nearly as much time as I'd have liked, so apologies, but I couldn't incorporate the detail I promised you. :(

Atkemri wrote:Sorry for my post being so delayed, I had another RP I was OPing and it took up a lot of my time. For said post, can I be told the secessionist factions and which ones are still around. I know the Dutch were mostly destroyed and the French are on their way there, but what about the Saatlanders?

That's fine, we all understand. The Saatlanders have been destroyed, the Dutch are still fighting but are being quickly eroded, the French are the stablest of the three.

haha yessir but it's all relative because i never have time to do a post.
Breaking News! Chancellor Kasel has announced another foreign intervention in the country of Laraosi. This move has been echoed with some praise, but many are decrying the move as another "Capilean Folly." The Chancellor is scheduled to give a speech on the matter in the next few days.

Akordania
Spokesperson

Founded: Sep 12, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Akordania » Thu May 07, 2020 7:26 pm

Should have a post up tomorrow.
VISIT AKORDANIA
Akordanian News
Capital: Veroykne
Currency: Veksel
Leader: Sergei Yukashenko
Population: 9 Million
Exports: Heavy machinery, gasoline, diesel, dairy products
Neighboring Alternate: Kistya

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Mon May 11, 2020 9:10 am

got a post up its okay i think just wanted to respond to Atkemri ASAP. I'm not sure if im allowed to ask this, but what kind of force am I up against, he wasnt very clear in his post and I can't find troop numbers on the ORBAT or in his application.
Breaking News! Chancellor Kasel has announced another foreign intervention in the country of Laraosi. This move has been echoed with some praise, but many are decrying the move as another "Capilean Folly." The Chancellor is scheduled to give a speech on the matter in the next few days.

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Mon May 11, 2020 9:32 am

Luxembourg-Bavaria wrote:got a post up its okay i think just wanted to respond to Atkemri ASAP. I'm not sure if im allowed to ask this, but what kind of force am I up against, he wasnt very clear in his post and I can't find troop numbers on the ORBAT or in his application.

Yeah, I kinda left in vague because I wasn't sure how large of a force would be appropriate for this type of thing. I've decided that the places that are being garrisoned were sent about 1,000 soldiers while the invasion of Roappe probably has around 3,000 with some armored support in the form of the IFV's transporting the force.

Edit: I forgot you were the ones supporting them lol, I'd up the numbers, but I think it'll be better if I RP a retreat and come back with a larger force
Last edited by Atkemri on Mon May 11, 2020 9:34 am, edited 1 time in total.
ATKEMRIAN NATIONAL NEWS: Atkemrian police arrest ringleaders of massive human trafficking ring. 22 aressted with more predicted in the next few months.\150 people freed from the ring

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Tue May 12, 2020 6:53 am

Atkemri wrote:Edit: I forgot you were the ones supporting them lol, I'd up the numbers, but I think it'll be better if I RP a retreat and come back with a larger force

yeah i figured because the way your guys were talking it didnt seem like there were that many. All good just wanted to make sure

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 pm

Atkemri wrote:
Luxembourg-Bavaria wrote:got a post up its okay i think just wanted to respond to Atkemri ASAP. I'm not sure if im allowed to ask this, but what kind of force am I up against, he wasnt very clear in his post and I can't find troop numbers on the ORBAT or in his application.

Yeah, I kinda left in vague because I wasn't sure how large of a force would be appropriate for this type of thing. I've decided that the places that are being garrisoned were sent about 1,000 soldiers while the invasion of Roappe probably has around 3,000 with some armored support in the form of the IFV's transporting the force.

Edit: I forgot you were the ones supporting them lol, I'd up the numbers, but I think it'll be better if I RP a retreat and come back with a larger force

I dont mean to come off as rude but my nation is already supplying the Royalists with food shipments en mass regularly in the tens of thousands of tons. The only issue is influx capacity. Rheilord and Rochefort are presently the primary ports of call for the air and sealift of these goods however thats what makes Rheilord vital. If Rheilord falls, Rochefort can’t support the influx of food shipments alone which will force shipments down to air and sea ports in former Saatland delaying both arrival and distribution of shipments.
Last edited by New Decius on Tue May 12, 2020 7:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue May 12, 2020 11:41 pm

Trash-tier post just now, but hey, it's there. I'm feeling rather burnt out right now, but time heals all wounds, aye? Also I'm very glad to see other players interacting with each other; it's kind of exhausting to have to be the middle-man in every single interaction. :)

The Wanderer

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Fri May 15, 2020 5:51 am

hey cappy just wondering about procedures and I was wondering if I can RP about engaging Atkemri at sea cause I was trying to give him time to RP a retreat like he said but he hasn't mad a post yet.

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri May 15, 2020 12:01 pm

Luxembourg-Bavaria wrote:hey cappy just wondering about procedures and I was wondering if I can RP about engaging Atkemri at sea cause I was trying to give him time to RP a retreat like he said but he hasn't mad a post yet.

Either wait for him to post first or communicate with him via TG.

The Wanderer

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Fri May 15, 2020 3:23 pm

Luxembourg-Bavaria wrote:hey cappy just wondering about procedures and I was wondering if I can RP about engaging Atkemri at sea cause I was trying to give him time to RP a retreat like he said but he hasn't mad a post yet.

I've had to do school for a while and I'm also OPing another RP. I might take a bit to get a post out here.

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Sat May 16, 2020 10:48 am

No worries I'm equally busy just wanted to make sure we were on the same page
Last edited by Luxembourg-Bavaria on Wed May 27, 2020 6:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Sat May 23, 2020 4:44 am

Sorry for the delay I’ve been pretty busy IRL recently. I should have a pretty substantial post up Tuesday

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat May 30, 2020 10:06 pm

Hey all.

This RP has been going on for well over a year now, and it has been simply wonderful. Despite the come-and-go of some players, we've had a fairly consistent gang for a fair few months now— and New Decius, at the very least, has been here from day one. There has been simply sublime writing from each and every one of the contributors, and I'd like to thank all of you for your patience and commitment to the role-play in spite of the recent lag in activity.

I believe we are now entering the final stages of the role-play. I do not expect to wrap up within the next post, nor within the next page, even, but I think it prescient to start planning how we all want this role-play to end. Ideally, we could work out an ending that is satisfying to all involved, whether or not each player got his way. What I mean by that is that there will most likely be one winner in this role-play, one faction triumphing over the others, and so there will necessarily be losers, too.

But one's faction losing should not be taken as a personal slight. At the end of the day, writing is cooperative. It is not competitive. This role-play is about writing a realistic, compelling story, not spiting one another and trying to "win." So I am willing to converse with all of you until we have loosely planned out an ending that is acceptable, if not victorious, for everyone. Essentially, I am asking you how the role-play should end.

Ultimately I have the final say over how Capile emerges from this struggle, but I'm looking to all of you to help me determine what that end state should be. Please, discuss this with me and each other here in the OOC.

The Wanderer

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Sun May 31, 2020 10:42 am

So I finally made my post, sorry for the long wait I kinda got absorbed in the other RP I was OPing. I decided to go ahead and have a naval battle as it didn't make all that much sense that a modern military would be completely unaware of a couple naval strike groups because satillites and what not.

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Hey all.

This RP has been going on for well over a year now, and it has been simply wonderful. Despite the come-and-go of some players, we've had a fairly consistent gang for a fair few months now— and New Decius, at the very least, has been here from day one. There has been simply sublime writing from each and every one of the contributors, and I'd like to thank all of you for your patience and commitment to the role-play in spite of the recent lag in activity.

I believe we are now entering the final stages of the role-play. I do not expect to wrap up within the next post, nor within the next page, even, but I think it prescient to start planning how we all want this role-play to end. Ideally, we could work out an ending that is satisfying to all involved, whether or not each player got his way. What I mean by that is that there will most likely be one winner in this role-play, one faction triumphing over the others, and so there will necessarily be losers, too.

But one's faction losing should not be taken as a personal slight. At the end of the day, writing is cooperative. It is not competitive. This role-play is about writing a realistic, compelling story, not spiting one another and trying to "win." So I am willing to converse with all of you until we have loosely planned out an ending that is acceptable, if not victorious, for everyone. Essentially, I am asking you how the role-play should end.

Ultimately I have the final say over how Capile emerges from this struggle, but I'm looking to all of you to help me determine what that end state should be. Please, discuss this with me and each other here in the OOC.

Honestly I'm just happy that I'll get to see a MT RP reach a endpoint regardless of the winning faction. Right now I'm not even exactly sure which faction is going to win though it seems that it's leaning towards the fascists to an extent. Also thank you for making this RP. Before it I was in a bit of a creative drought for this nation, but this took me out of it. Again thanks.

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Mon Jun 01, 2020 8:39 am

Sounds like a plan cappy. Also I got a post up its really really short but I have barely any time to post right now just wanted to get up a response to Atkemri

Akordania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Akordania » Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:38 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Hey all.

I think it has definitely reached its natural end. What a great story it has been. I'm very grateful to have been able to participate in the mid-to-late stages.

With that being said, if one were to review the general strategic situation I believe it is clear a fascist victory is imminent...even without the arrival of Akordanian reinforcements. I believe this for the following reasons:

1) The remaining elements of the Royalist military are a mere shell of their former selves. As has been mentioned repeatedly, the veteran soldiers and pilots that once packed the ranks of the Royalist armed forces are essentially non-existent; particularly the Royalist army. As it stands now, it is composed almost entirely of young, inexperienced conscripts led by equally inexperienced NCOs and field grade officers. While there are still competent brass at the top of the hierarchy, they are exhausted and overwhelmed, having fought a vicious war on countless fronts with dwindling resources.

2) Every other belligerent in the conflict besides the Royalists and the Reich has been either eradicated or crippled. The Reich has managed to absorb better resources from their foes when compared to the Royalists. Namely, the French, who presided over multiple ports and a modern naval fleet. The smaller factions that the Royalists have steamrolled (the Saatlanders, Dutch, Communists) did not have any particularly impressive hardware.

3) The Reich, from the start of the conflict is home to a diverse array of natural resources as has been explained by Capile. Their military industrial complex has only been strengthened by recent conquests and has largely been unharmed as of the most recent post. There is also a nearly million-strong bastion of fresh Stosswehr troops awaiting deployment, as has been detailed many posts ago. Those troops are independent of the additional 625,000 Akordanians that have arrived to the front. Acknowledging the aforementioned facts, it is clear that the Reich still has tremendous warfighting capability versus the Royalists, who are faltering.

4) The Reich has effectively taken Rheilord, and will quickly advance onto Rochefurt. Rochefurt's fall is inevitable given the lack of fresh Royalist forces in the region to contest such a siege. Royalist leadership, as of the most recent post, has opted to remain in the city to avoid drawing attention and stirring up panic as a result. If the Reich advance continues at its current pace, there is a high possibility that Royalist Capile's leadership could be captured or killed in the chaos; effectively eliminating the the monarchy's governing apparatus and putting the entire war effort into question. If there is no longer a duchy to fight for, why would the few surviving men continue? Why prolong the bloodshed when clearly the end has been reached? Realistically I believe all the remaining generals and junior government officials would sue for peace.

5) The one, and only, saving grace of the Royalist cause are the Germans. Heeresgruppe Siegfried, once the reserve force to the Winter Line has withdrawn from the country; leaving only Beowulf and a small multinational contingent to contend with the Reich at present. Given that Operation Olympus is a nearly three-year long process as described in the IC, and is now also being contradicted by a sudden deployment of some of its forces, there is no plausible way for the Federation of European Monarchies to save Royalist Capile from destruction.
Last edited by Akordania on Mon Jun 01, 2020 4:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
VISIT AKORDANIA
Akordanian News

Luxembourg-Bavaria
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Luxembourg-Bavaria » Mon Jun 01, 2020 7:19 pm

Ya know, something tells me New Decius is gonna have a lil something to say about that

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:15 pm

Apologies for my inactivity its been rather insane lately

I do indeed have something to say.

Heeresgruppe Beowulf is still a million experienced well-equipped troops guarding against an advance on Rochefort, not to mention that food shipments continue to flow into Royalist territory from Europe and the Kaiserliche Marine is presently maintaining four full battle squadrons in the seas around Capile and has contributed significantly to the campaign by cutting off most of the Reich’s maritime commerce. Additionally German logistics continues to rearm the Royalist military with fresh hardware. Also the deployment of the divisions from Ostafrika is a tactical response and is a minuscule portion of the forces assigned for Olympus. I’d say the Royalists can still put up quite a significant fight. Luftwaffe assets remain in position in Ostafrika to launch strategic bombing strikes against Reich military positions if need be.

Also Operation Olympus was a year and a quarter in preparation not three years.

Again if the Royalists can hold up the fascists long enough then Olympus can launch and hit them in the Northern flank. One major point of the Operation is also drawing the Stoßwehr and their allies South so a fascist advance ties into it very well

IATA Member

Akordania
Spokesperson

Ex-Nation

Postby Akordania » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:22 pm

New Decius wrote:Apologies for my inactivity its been rather insane lately

I do indeed have something to say.

Heeresgruppe Beowulf is still a million experienced well-equipped troops guarding against an advance on Rochefort, not to mention that food shipments continue to flow into Royalist territory from Europe and the Kaiserliche Marine is presently maintaining four full battle squadrons in the seas around Capile and has contributed significantly to the campaign by cutting off most of the Reich’s maritime commerce. Additionally German logistics continues to rearm the Royalist military with fresh hardware. Also the deployment of the divisions from Ostafrika is a tactical response and is a minuscule portion of the forces assigned for Olympus. I’d say the Royalists can still put up quite a significant fight. Luftwaffe assets remain in position in Ostafrika to launch strategic bombing strikes against Reich military positions if need be.

Also Operation Olympus was a year and a quarter in preparation not three years.

Again if the Royalists can hold up the fascists long enough then Olympus can launch and hit them in the Northern flank. One major point of the Operation is also drawing the Stoßwehr and their allies South so a fascist advance ties into it very well

Honestly forgive me if I've misinterpreted something here. Does that not sum up to 34 months, which is nearly three total years?
VISIT AKORDANIA
Akordanian News

Atkemri
Minister

Postby Atkemri » Tue Jun 02, 2020 5:30 pm

I am aware that my nation isn't the most involved in the war at the moment, but Atkemri has sent some significant material aid and a good portion of manpower to the Royalists, not to mention the drone strikes being focused on the fascist supply lines in the invasion (though it hasn't been responded to yet and may be stopped to an extent, but that hasn't been seen yet), I'd say that the Royalists aren't out of the fight yet.

ASP Foundation
No NS stats are used

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents