NATION

PASSWORD

Klaus' War {OOC|MT|CLOSED}

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Aug 08, 2019 7:18 pm

Karevka wrote:-Snipped Application-

Tenatatively accepted, provided you ensure that your posts are proof-read and formatted and that you seperate dialogue by line spacing.

Yes, the timeline is a good place to start, it does a good job surmising things if you don't have time to go over the whole thread. If you do have some time, though, I recommend at least skimming the last page of the IC (as the timeline doesn't cover a lot of that yet), more if you get a chance. Or if you encounter a plot point or character you're confused on, you can always go back to the older IC pages and do a Control + F search of the term to find some context.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
Karevka
Envoy
 
Posts: 274
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Karevka » Thu Aug 08, 2019 8:34 pm

I'm having trouble finding a believable way for the DSRK to get into the conflict. I feel like already existing foreign contacts (read: paid informants) seems like too much of a stretch but would a communique be too short or would the message just have to be at least three paragraphs?
"Believe you can and your halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind" -Mikhail Gorbachev.

I'm just a simple man trying to make a country on the internet.

And yes I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:04 pm

Karevka wrote:I'm having trouble finding a believable way for the DSRK to get into the conflict. I feel like already existing foreign contacts (read: paid informants) seems like too much of a stretch but would a communique be too short or would the message just have to be at least three paragraphs?

Your entire post must be at least four paragraphs long. The communique itself doesn't matter, but I would advise you to write at least one paragraph.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
Karevka
Envoy
 
Posts: 274
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Karevka » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:08 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Karevka wrote:I'm having trouble finding a believable way for the DSRK to get into the conflict. I feel like already existing foreign contacts (read: paid informants) seems like too much of a stretch but would a communique be too short or would the message just have to be at least three paragraphs?

Your entire post must be at least four paragraphs long. The communique itself doesn't matter, but I would advise you to write at least one paragraph.

Thanks.
"Believe you can and your halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind" -Mikhail Gorbachev.

I'm just a simple man trying to make a country on the internet.

And yes I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:10 pm

Karevka wrote:
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Your entire post must be at least four paragraphs long. The communique itself doesn't matter, but I would advise you to write at least one paragraph.

Thanks.

No problem, feel free to telegram me if you have any more questions.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
First American Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 789
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby First American Empire » Fri Aug 09, 2019 1:28 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
First American Empire wrote:
I'm planning to use a combination of snipers and disguised gunmen during Nemetz's next rally/speech/military parade. The idea is that a bunch of people hide among the VF soldiers in the hopes that one manages to get close enough to Nemetz to get a shot off. If they fail, I intend to try and get snipers and spies covering his expected escape routes. This is so that when he flees, he runs right into an ambush. The assassins are expendable; if they all die killing Nemetz, that's an acceptable result.

(I'm assuming it's too risky to get snipers in range of Nemetz's normal position, but I will do it if he's dumb enough to leave himself unguarded. Likewise, poisoning him is next to impossible, but I'll still take the opportunity if I get one against all odds.)

So I assume you have a legion of German-looking men outfitted with Stoßwehr weapons and uniforms, perfectly fluent in the Capilean dialect of German, and extensively trained on the customs, sayings, and behavior of the Stoßtrupp Honor Guard which is Nemetz's personal protection unit?
Nemetz doesn't just let any Average Joe protect him at rallies. He will have personally met every single one of the guards within a mile radius of the capital, each of whom will have been carefully vetted and only selected for such an honorable position after a decade or more's service to the VF.
Really the only people Nemetz trusts to protect him are the soldiers who've served under him for their entire lives. I don't mean to say this type of plan is impossible, but unless you've had a sleeper unit within the Stoßwehr for ~20+ years...


I have some Stoßwehr equipment and uniforms recovered from VF casualties and captured POWs. I have fourteen planned assassins, who are ethnically German and are native German speakers, though they mostly speak Austrian or Bavarian German. Only one is perfectly fluent in the Capilean dialect, and none of them are trained enough on Stoßtrupp Honor Guard customs to avoid detection under serious scrutiny.

I'm also not planning to infiltrate Nemetz's honor guard itself. I'm planning to send a bunch of people to the next rally Nemetz makes a speech at and hope one of my assassins gets within a couple hundred yards of him and gets a shot off. (A very skilled handgun user can reliably hit a human-sized target at 200 yards away.)

The snipers aren't German, and are intended to stay completely out of sight until Nemetz flees. They'll be smuggled into buildings near escape routes by the other assassins.

My goal is to destabilize the Capilean Reich's leadership. If I'm lucky, it'll cause a major succession crisis and throw their whole faction into chaos. Even if it doesn't, I'll still have deprived them of a unifying inspirational leader, hurt the Reich's morale significantly, and hopefully replaced him with someone else who's easier to defeat. My nation's sole goal in this war is the defeat of the Capilean Reich, so I don't care if I upset the balance of power between the other five factions.

Fair enough.
In theory, there is an established line of succession after Nemetz, though this has never really been explored. On paper, the Deputy Reichsleiter, Jürgen Hellmacht, whom I have introduced before, would succeed him. In practice, Hellmacht is not a very capable or inspiring leader, nor does he even want to be leader. He is motivated by a sycophantic devotion to Nemetz. Instead, there are several powerful individuals within Nemetz's cabinet who would rise to the occasion. So a minor succession crisis could arise. In reality, however, none of these individuals has established any sort of faction or power base with which to base their rule, and so leadership would likely fall to the person who inspired people, had the most sense of legitimacy, and had some sort of force with which to back up his reign.
This would end up being Henrik von Ravenstein, Nemetz's subordinate and life-long friend who is competent, not quite as inspiring as Nemetz but passable, and a minor hero of the army. Should he succeed in his next campaign, Nemetz is planning on appointing him Minister of Defense, granting him even more legitimacy and eliminating the chance of any major succession crisis.


This is exactly the result I'm aiming for in the case of a successful assassination. Especially if I can kill Nemetz before he appoints Ravenstein as Minister of Defense.
The American Empire is a socially progressive and strongly anti-nationalist absolute monarchy ruled by the heirs of Emperor Norton.

This nation doesn't reflect my political views on many issues, especially monarchism and foreign policy. I'm an ordinary social democrat in real life.

User avatar
New Decius
Senator
 
Posts: 3574
Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Decius » Fri Aug 09, 2019 6:52 am

So Nova I see the Sumpfwald becoming a major battleground in which both our sides will mass troops. It does seem though as if my forces are leaning on all the advantages of modern warfare, mobility, artillery, airpower whereas your troops, lacking such convenience, are relying on their brute skill and old school tactics. However I think we’re in for a show because my Luftkavallerie are indeed as Feldmarschall Heitmann described, tough bastards ready to fight and die for Throne and Empire.

I can see a way my forces can win this though. Since not complete maps of the Sumpfwald exist, Rommel would order the Abwehr to use its satellites to scan and extensively photograph its entirety to compile a detailed map, this would probably be a two or three day process at most but by then my troops would have a guide that would let them outmaneuver your troops in their own backyard.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Aug 09, 2019 8:28 am

New Decius wrote:So Nova I see the Sumpfwald becoming a major battleground in which both our sides will mass troops. It does seem though as if my forces are leaning on all the advantages of modern warfare, mobility, artillery, airpower whereas your troops, lacking such convenience, are relying on their brute skill and old school tactics. However I think we’re in for a show because my Luftkavallerie are indeed as Feldmarschall Heitmann described, tough bastards ready to fight and die for Throne and Empire.

Not being a tactician, I don't know what qualifies as old-school tactics.
From what I know, Krebs is merely trying to nullify as many of your advantages as possible while heightening his own.
And you're welcome to send your helicopter gunships in, but I'm surprised you wouldn't call it off.
I can see a way my forces can win this though. Since not complete maps of the Sumpfwald exist, Rommel would order the Abwehr to use its satellites to scan and extensively photograph its entirety to compile a detailed map, this would probably be a two or three day process at most but by then my troops would have a guide that would let them outmaneuver your troops in their own backyard.

Fair enough.
I wouldn't say that would give you the ability to consistently outmaneuver the Fascists, but it would definitely help. It won't preclude the general disadvantage, being hostile terrain and the constant threat of ambush, however.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:24 am

First American Empire wrote:I have some Stoßwehr equipment and uniforms recovered from VF casualties and captured POWs. I have fourteen planned assassins, who are ethnically German and are native German speakers, though they mostly speak Austrian or Bavarian German. Only one is perfectly fluent in the Capilean dialect, and none of them are trained enough on Stoßtrupp Honor Guard customs to avoid detection under serious scrutiny.

It's generally not a good idea to impersonate soldiers if you can't also have an authentic accent, understanding of military language and customs, etc. Go ahead, but that's just my warning.

I'm also not planning to infiltrate Nemetz's honor guard itself. I'm planning to send a bunch of people to the next rally Nemetz makes a speech at and hope one of my assassins gets within a couple hundred yards of him and gets a shot off. (A very skilled handgun user can reliably hit a human-sized target at 200 yards away.)

The snipers aren't German, and are intended to stay completely out of sight until Nemetz flees. They'll be smuggled into buildings near escape routes by the other assassins.

Again, go ahead. Nemetz's security is more in-depth than it may seem.

This is exactly the result I'm aiming for in the case of a successful assassination. Especially if I can kill Nemetz before he appoints Ravenstein as Minister of Defense.

Okay, good luck with that.
Sorry if you think I'm making it hard for you, and to tell you the truth I am. I didn't intend to have Nemetz killed off, at least this early, and it's not going to be easy at all to kill him.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
First American Empire
Diplomat
 
Posts: 789
Founded: Mar 12, 2019
Iron Fist Socialists

Postby First American Empire » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:45 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
First American Empire wrote:I have some Stoßwehr equipment and uniforms recovered from VF casualties and captured POWs. I have fourteen planned assassins, who are ethnically German and are native German speakers, though they mostly speak Austrian or Bavarian German. Only one is perfectly fluent in the Capilean dialect, and none of them are trained enough on Stoßtrupp Honor Guard customs to avoid detection under serious scrutiny.

It's generally not a good idea to impersonate soldiers if you can't also have an authentic accent, understanding of military language and customs, etc. Go ahead, but that's just my warning.

I'm also not planning to infiltrate Nemetz's honor guard itself. I'm planning to send a bunch of people to the next rally Nemetz makes a speech at and hope one of my assassins gets within a couple hundred yards of him and gets a shot off. (A very skilled handgun user can reliably hit a human-sized target at 200 yards away.)

The snipers aren't German, and are intended to stay completely out of sight until Nemetz flees. They'll be smuggled into buildings near escape routes by the other assassins.

Again, go ahead. Nemetz's security is more in-depth than it may seem.

This is exactly the result I'm aiming for in the case of a successful assassination. Especially if I can kill Nemetz before he appoints Ravenstein as Minister of Defense.

Okay, good luck with that.
Sorry if you think I'm making it hard for you, and to tell you the truth I am. I didn't intend to have Nemetz killed off, at least this early, and it's not going to be easy at all to kill him.


Fair enough. The plan is definitely a long shot, and I'm only going ahead with it because of the high reward if I do succeed. It's still a hell of a lot more plausible than some of the ridiculously inept actual assassination attempts that OTL America tried.
Last edited by First American Empire on Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
The American Empire is a socially progressive and strongly anti-nationalist absolute monarchy ruled by the heirs of Emperor Norton.

This nation doesn't reflect my political views on many issues, especially monarchism and foreign policy. I'm an ordinary social democrat in real life.

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Fri Aug 09, 2019 9:15 pm

Updates to the ORBAT will come tomorrow.


First American Empire wrote:Fair enough. The plan is definitely a long shot, and I'm only going ahead with it because of the high reward if I do succeed. It's still a hell of a lot more plausible than some of the ridiculously inept actual assassination attempts that OTL America tried.

Okay. We'll see.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
New Decius
Senator
 
Posts: 3574
Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Decius » Fri Aug 09, 2019 10:11 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Updates to the ORBAT will come tomorrow.


First American Empire wrote:Fair enough. The plan is definitely a long shot, and I'm only going ahead with it because of the high reward if I do succeed. It's still a hell of a lot more plausible than some of the ridiculously inept actual assassination attempts that OTL America tried.

Okay. We'll see.


Please fail. Germany needs Nemetz so it can keep subverting the Grand Duchy and turning it into a satellite.


Oh and Nova, there is one definite card I hold that Krebs can’t counter. That is if I just say Hang the Expense and bombard the Sumpfwald with cruise missiles from the fleet offshore. With all the destroyers, cruisers, and battlecruisers as well as cruise missile submarines there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of missiles at my disposal which could just wipe Reudel off the map.

But for plot reasons I won’t do this...though I could follow it with a comical scene of a member of the Reichstag having a heart attack seeing the bill
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

User avatar
Karevka
Envoy
 
Posts: 274
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Karevka » Fri Aug 09, 2019 11:03 pm

So since I'm likely going to transport the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Expeditionary Regiments (hereby known as IV Expedition Corps) by air in gigantic strategic transports I have to ask: does the BSU have a operable airport/airfield in their possession?
"Believe you can and your halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind" -Mikhail Gorbachev.

I'm just a simple man trying to make a country on the internet.

And yes I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:28 am

New Decius wrote:
Please fail. Germany needs Nemetz so it can keep subverting the Grand Duchy and turning it into a satellite.


Oh and Nova, there is one definite card I hold that Krebs can’t counter. That is if I just say Hang the Expense and bombard the Sumpfwald with cruise missiles from the fleet offshore. With all the destroyers, cruisers, and battlecruisers as well as cruise missile submarines there are literally hundreds upon hundreds of missiles at my disposal which could just wipe Reudel off the map.

But for plot reasons I won’t do this...though I could follow it with a comical scene of a member of the Reichstag having a heart attack seeing the bill

Yes, there are numerous reasons you shouldn't do that. In this time of year, it would probably cause a massive fire which you would have to combat before you could advance, not to mention creating a massive wasteland and destroying a huge tract of Capilean land, much to the chagrin of both your and my governments. Also, not sure what type of cruise missile we're talking here, but I'm pretty sure with most models that even with hundreds of them you wouldn't be able to completely wipe out a field of this size. Cruise missiles are more for precision strikes than saturation bombing. Then there's the pricetag you mentioned; the US used to use several hundred cruise missiles during its bombing campaigns, and that was unsustainable for it, to give you some reference. Not sure how your economy compares to OTL modern USA, which has slightly more GDP than the EU.
Then there's also the fact that, due to the high-density of anti-air systems in the area, a significant number of the missiles wouldn't hit home in the first place, though enough would to present the first problems I mentioned. So, I would advise against that course of action.

Finally, a question: I assume your fleet is at harbor in Rochefurt?

EDIT: Forget to mention that I don't plan on letting Nemetz die unless FAE unveils some spectacular and ingenious plan. More likely nothing will happen, some minor character will be wounded/killed, or at most Nemetz will be wounded.
Last edited by The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile on Sat Aug 10, 2019 8:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
New Decius
Senator
 
Posts: 3574
Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Decius » Sat Aug 10, 2019 9:22 pm

Well the Carrier Group that evacuated Saxtonburg is at harbor at Rochefort whereas the combat flotilla is at sea off the South-West Coast blockading Stammburg
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:05 pm

New Decius wrote:Well the Carrier Group that evacuated Saxtonburg is at harbor at Rochefort whereas the combat flotilla is at sea off the South-West Coast blockading Stammburg

Ah, I see. I hadn't imagined your navy to be instituting an actual sitting blockade.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
Karevka
Envoy
 
Posts: 274
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Karevka » Sat Aug 10, 2019 10:13 pm

Capile, when is your next IC post, taking into account IRL happenings and such?
Last edited by Karevka on Sun Aug 11, 2019 1:25 am, edited 2 times in total.
"Believe you can and your halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind" -Mikhail Gorbachev.

I'm just a simple man trying to make a country on the internet.

And yes I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
New Decius
Senator
 
Posts: 3574
Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Decius » Sun Aug 11, 2019 12:46 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
New Decius wrote:Well the Carrier Group that evacuated Saxtonburg is at harbor at Rochefort whereas the combat flotilla is at sea off the South-West Coast blockading Stammburg

Ah, I see. I hadn't imagined your navy to be instituting an actual sitting blockade.


Well not quite sitting in the classic sense, more small destroyer patrols constantly on the move on a perimeter cutting off any maritime access to the enclave while the carriers and heavy warships are on the move in a rotating pattern, always within missile range of the entire enclave, though modern missiles and aircraft extends this range considerably so let us say they are just outside the range of Krebs Anti-Ship Batteries on the coast.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:24 pm

Karevka wrote:Capile, when is your next IC post, taking into account IRL happenings and such?

That could depend on when New Decius is planning to post, as I plan to address both of you with my next entry. However, if New Decius, for whatever reason, doesn't plan on posting within the next day or two, then I will post first.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
Karevka
Envoy
 
Posts: 274
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Karevka » Sun Aug 11, 2019 2:57 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Karevka wrote:Capile, when is your next IC post, taking into account IRL happenings and such?

That could depend on when New Decius is planning to post, as I plan to address both of you with my next entry. However, if New Decius, for whatever reason, doesn't plan on posting within the next day or two, then I will post first.

So the infantry and war materiel will be brought in first in helicopters and medium transports, and but only in pairs. The AFVs will arrive in the big transports again two at a time. They will be loaded up with lots of external chaff/flare launchers as well if the Royalists find out what they're doing.
Last edited by Karevka on Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Believe you can and your halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind" -Mikhail Gorbachev.

I'm just a simple man trying to make a country on the internet.

And yes I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator
 
Posts: 3658
Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:09 pm

Karevka wrote:Maybe the AFVs could be transported in disguised air transports while infantry would be flown in by helicopter? Of course not all at once, it would have to be a trickle.

I've an idea for you, tell me what you think:

What if your country decides to officially become an observer state, but send a small mission of peace-keepers for humanitarian reasons. You send a convoy of ships which offload at Royalist territory. Your cargo ostensibly consists of food, emergency shelters, mine-detectors, etc., but only a few dummy shipping crates actually contain these types of items. The rest are stocked with weapons, ammo, heavy vehicles, etc.
Your peacekeepers (actually military veterans) smuggle themselves into the Raus/Kongsburg area, and at this point, you have two options.

1) They are "captured" by Communists, and then are presumed missing or in a labor camp, when in reality, they are now fighting for the Communist side. This could pose problems, because your government would be expected to declare war on or at least condemn the Communists for attacking your "peacekeepers."

2) They simply go off the radar. The Royalists are assured that they are still operating in the area, and here every once and a while about them doing good for a village, but don't ever see them. (In reality, they'll have gone over to the Communists.) The downside to this is that you'll have to maintain the peacekeeper façade by keeping an administrative staff in Royalist territory to make it seem like the humanitarian missions is still in operation.

I think this makes sense and could be an interesting plotline later in the RP. For example, what if Royalist troops kill or capture some of your soldiers, and ID them as Karevkan? This would cause a betrayal, and heightened tensions between our countries, plus some interesting diplomatic RP. This is just one possibility.
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
--------
✠ The Grand Duchy of Nova Capile ✠
Registered Germanophile
Stop Radical Islam
I hate Communism and Capitalism equally
Pronouns: Thou/Thee

User avatar
Karevka
Envoy
 
Posts: 274
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Karevka » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:19 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Karevka wrote:Maybe the AFVs could be transported in disguised air transports while infantry would be flown in by helicopter? Of course not all at once, it would have to be a trickle.

I've an idea for you, tell me what you think:

What if your country decides to officially become an observer state, but send a small mission of peace-keepers for humanitarian reasons. You send a convoy of ships which offload at Royalist territory. Your cargo ostensibly consists of food, emergency shelters, mine-detectors, etc., but only a few dummy shipping crates actually contain these types of items. The rest are stocked with weapons, ammo, heavy vehicles, etc.
Your peacekeepers (actually military veterans) smuggle themselves into the Raus/Kongsburg area, and at this point, you have two options.

1) They are "captured" by Communists, and then are presumed missing or in a labor camp, when in reality, they are now fighting for the Communist side. This could pose problems, because your government would be expected to declare war on or at least condemn the Communists for attacking your "peacekeepers."

2) They simply go off the radar. The Royalists are assured that they are still operating in the area, and here every once and a while about them doing good for a village, but don't ever see them. (In reality, they'll have gone over to the Communists.) The downside to this is that you'll have to maintain the peacekeeper façade by keeping an administrative staff in Royalist territory to make it seem like the humanitarian missions is still in operation.

I think this makes sense and could be an interesting plotline later in the RP. For example, what if Royalist troops kill or capture some of your soldiers, and ID them as Karevkan? This would cause a betrayal, and heightened tensions between our countries, plus some interesting diplomatic RP. This is just one possibility.


This is a awesome plan and I'll probably have to go with option two.
"Believe you can and your halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind" -Mikhail Gorbachev.

I'm just a simple man trying to make a country on the internet.

And yes I do not use NS stats.

User avatar
New Decius
Senator
 
Posts: 3574
Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Decius » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:45 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Karevka wrote:Capile, when is your next IC post, taking into account IRL happenings and such?

That could depend on when New Decius is planning to post, as I plan to address both of you with my next entry. However, if New Decius, for whatever reason, doesn't plan on posting within the next day or two, then I will post first.


I am working on a long post so either (And bear in mind I’m on Berlin time) tonight or tomorrow morning

Also I believe Rommel’s forces have an advantage on my Left Flank (Your Right Flank) that could throw a spanner in Krebs strategy. My 16th Armee is deploying much closer to Stammburg itself than either of the other two Armee’s which will force Krebs to actually engage it in force with his own professional troops to prevent those 300,000 troops just steamrolling their way to Stammburg. I shall be addressing this in my upcoming post.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

User avatar
New Decius
Senator
 
Posts: 3574
Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Democratic Socialists

Postby New Decius » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:38 am

Posted at last!

And also finally beginning to deploy that second army group (Siegfried) near Südhoof.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

User avatar
Karevka
Envoy
 
Posts: 274
Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby Karevka » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Since I'm not packing much air power except for helicopter gunships and some multi-role and ground attack jets I'm coming loaded with SAMs in the form of fire and forget man portable launchers.
"Believe you can and your halfway there." -Theodore Roosevelt

"Jesus was the first socialist, the first to seek a better life for mankind" -Mikhail Gorbachev.

I'm just a simple man trying to make a country on the internet.

And yes I do not use NS stats.

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users

Advertisement

Remove ads