NATION

PASSWORD

Klaus' War {OOC|MT|CLOSED}

A staging-point for declarations of war and other major diplomatic events. [In character]

Advertisement

Remove ads

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile
Senator

Founded: Jul 12, 2015
Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:09 pm

Karevka wrote:Maybe the AFVs could be transported in disguised air transports while infantry would be flown in by helicopter? Of course not all at once, it would have to be a trickle.

I've an idea for you, tell me what you think:

What if your country decides to officially become an observer state, but send a small mission of peace-keepers for humanitarian reasons. You send a convoy of ships which offload at Royalist territory. Your cargo ostensibly consists of food, emergency shelters, mine-detectors, etc., but only a few dummy shipping crates actually contain these types of items. The rest are stocked with weapons, ammo, heavy vehicles, etc.
Your peacekeepers (actually military veterans) smuggle themselves into the Raus/Kongsburg area, and at this point, you have two options.

1) They are "captured" by Communists, and then are presumed missing or in a labor camp, when in reality, they are now fighting for the Communist side. This could pose problems, because your government would be expected to declare war on or at least condemn the Communists for attacking your "peacekeepers."

2) They simply go off the radar. The Royalists are assured that they are still operating in the area, and here every once and a while about them doing good for a village, but don't ever see them. (In reality, they'll have gone over to the Communists.) The downside to this is that you'll have to maintain the peacekeeper façade by keeping an administrative staff in Royalist territory to make it seem like the humanitarian missions is still in operation.

I think this makes sense and could be an interesting plotline later in the RP. For example, what if Royalist troops kill or capture some of your soldiers, and ID them as Karevkan? This would cause a betrayal, and heightened tensions between our countries, plus some interesting diplomatic RP. This is just one possibility.
Capilean News (Updated 16 November)
Where is the horse gone? Where the warrior?
Where is the treasure-giver? Where are the seats at the feast?
Where are the revels in the hall?
Alas for the bright cup! Alas for the mailed warrior!
Alas for the splendour of the prince!
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Karevka
Envoy

Founded: Jan 16, 2019
Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Sun Aug 11, 2019 3:19 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Karevka wrote:Maybe the AFVs could be transported in disguised air transports while infantry would be flown in by helicopter? Of course not all at once, it would have to be a trickle.

I've an idea for you, tell me what you think:

What if your country decides to officially become an observer state, but send a small mission of peace-keepers for humanitarian reasons. You send a convoy of ships which offload at Royalist territory. Your cargo ostensibly consists of food, emergency shelters, mine-detectors, etc., but only a few dummy shipping crates actually contain these types of items. The rest are stocked with weapons, ammo, heavy vehicles, etc.
Your peacekeepers (actually military veterans) smuggle themselves into the Raus/Kongsburg area, and at this point, you have two options.

1) They are "captured" by Communists, and then are presumed missing or in a labor camp, when in reality, they are now fighting for the Communist side. This could pose problems, because your government would be expected to declare war on or at least condemn the Communists for attacking your "peacekeepers."

2) They simply go off the radar. The Royalists are assured that they are still operating in the area, and here every once and a while about them doing good for a village, but don't ever see them. (In reality, they'll have gone over to the Communists.) The downside to this is that you'll have to maintain the peacekeeper façade by keeping an administrative staff in Royalist territory to make it seem like the humanitarian missions is still in operation.

I think this makes sense and could be an interesting plotline later in the RP. For example, what if Royalist troops kill or capture some of your soldiers, and ID them as Karevkan? This would cause a betrayal, and heightened tensions between our countries, plus some interesting diplomatic RP. This is just one possibility.

This is a awesome plan and I'll probably have to go with option two.

New Decius
Senator

Founded: Jul 24, 2014
Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Mon Aug 12, 2019 4:45 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:
Karevka wrote:Capile, when is your next IC post, taking into account IRL happenings and such?

That could depend on when New Decius is planning to post, as I plan to address both of you with my next entry. However, if New Decius, for whatever reason, doesn't plan on posting within the next day or two, then I will post first.

I am working on a long post so either (And bear in mind I’m on Berlin time) tonight or tomorrow morning

Also I believe Rommel’s forces have an advantage on my Left Flank (Your Right Flank) that could throw a spanner in Krebs strategy. My 16th Armee is deploying much closer to Stammburg itself than either of the other two Armee’s which will force Krebs to actually engage it in force with his own professional troops to prevent those 300,000 troops just steamrolling their way to Stammburg. I shall be addressing this in my upcoming post.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Tue Aug 13, 2019 1:38 am

Posted at last!

And also finally beginning to deploy that second army group (Siegfried) near Südhoof.
Proud advocate that Europe stands stronger together than divided. The EU may be flawed in some areas but the idea of a united Europa can only bring good fortune to Europe and the world. For more than two thousand years, Europe was home to conflicts inspired by coveting one another's territory and resources, even making the continent the home to some of the world's most destructive and costly conflicts. But the idea was all wrong in their minds. Their idea was to bring this territory or that under their flag and spread influence on the continent. The idea they should all have been thinking was that the goal should be to bring the continent under one unified flag.

IATA Member

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Wed Aug 14, 2019 3:09 pm

Since I'm not packing much air power except for helicopter gunships and some multi-role and ground attack jets I'm coming loaded with SAMs in the form of fire and forget man portable launchers.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Aug 14, 2019 11:24 pm

Karevka wrote:Since I'm not packing much air power except for helicopter gunships and some multi-role and ground attack jets I'm coming loaded with SAMs in the form of fire and forget man portable launchers.

Which side are you on again? If your in need of air support I can’t provide any tactical support but I do have a couple of squadrons of supersonic strategic bombers ready for heavy bombing.

IATA Member

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:44 am

New Decius wrote:
Karevka wrote:Since I'm not packing much air power except for helicopter gunships and some multi-role and ground attack jets I'm coming loaded with SAMs in the form of fire and forget man portable launchers.

Which side are you on again? If your in need of air support I can’t provide any tactical support but I do have a couple of squadrons of supersonic strategic bombers ready for heavy bombing.

I'm with the communists. Sorry pal.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Thu Aug 15, 2019 8:44 am

Karevka wrote:
New Decius wrote:

In that case ill probably be using them to bomb you

IATA Member

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:30 am

New Decius wrote:
Karevka wrote:

You underestimate the power of man-portable SAMs.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Thu Aug 15, 2019 9:58 am

Karevka wrote:
New Decius wrote:

The bombers im refering to are supersonic strategic bombers flying at 70,000 feet and capable of dropping hundreds of thousands of pounds of munitions. Don’t worry im keeping them in reserve

IATA Member

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:04 am

New Decius wrote:
Karevka wrote:

The bombers im refering to are supersonic strategic bombers flying at 70,000 feet and capable of dropping hundreds of thousands of pounds of munitions. Don’t worry im keeping them in reserve

Okay. imma go do some IRL stuff.
Last edited by Karevka on Thu Aug 15, 2019 10:05 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ord Caprica
Envoy

Founded: Oct 23, 2015
Left-Leaning College State

Postby Ord Caprica » Thu Aug 15, 2019 12:36 pm

Officially finished moving in today. So I'll work on my next post this weekend. Apologies for the lack of communication on my end, it was kind of a quick trigger on the whole process.

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Thu Aug 15, 2019 1:53 pm

Now that I think about it I should probably have few reserve regiments and air squadrons on standby.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Fri Aug 16, 2019 9:51 pm

Anyone else notice Nova hasn’t been online in a while?

IATA Member

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Sat Aug 17, 2019 9:36 am

New Decius wrote:Anyone else notice Nova hasn’t been online in a while?

Yeah. Did he mention he had IRL stuff?

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Tue Aug 20, 2019 11:53 am

Hello everyone. I'd first like to apologize for my unexpected inactivity. The past week has been very busy and stressful, and unfortunately, I wasn't able to allocate much time or energy to NationStates.
However, I hope all of you are still ready to go for this RP. I am still relatively busy, but I wanted to let you know that I'm still here. I should find time to post within the next few days.

With the Summer coming to a close, however, I will not have as much time to post due to numerous obligations. In the comings months, depending on how many obligations I need to meet, posts could slow to around 1-2 per week and I might only have ~1 hour to devote to NationStates per day. I will keep all of you updated when and if things change.

I just wanted to give you an advance warning that I won't be able to spend as much time in the OOC, updating maps and ORBATs, and of course posting, in the near future.
However, I have no intention of letting this RP die.

Hopefully, I will be able to post tomorrow or the day after. Thanks for sticking around.
How that time has passed away, dark under the cover of night, as if it never were.

The Wanderer

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Tue Aug 20, 2019 3:55 pm

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:Hello everyone. I'd first like to apologize for my unexpected inactivity. The past week has been very busy and stressful, and unfortunately, I wasn't able to allocate much time or energy to NationStates.
However, I hope all of you are still ready to go for this RP. I am still relatively busy, but I wanted to let you know that I'm still here. I should find time to post within the next few days.

With the Summer coming to a close, however, I will not have as much time to post due to numerous obligations. In the comings months, depending on how many obligations I need to meet, posts could slow to around 1-2 per week and I might only have ~1 hour to devote to NationStates per day. I will keep all of you updated when and if things change.

I just wanted to give you an advance warning that I won't be able to spend as much time in the OOC, updating maps and ORBATs, and of course posting, in the near future.
However, I have no intention of letting this RP die.

Hopefully, I will be able to post tomorrow or the day after. Thanks for sticking around.

Oh, that's good!

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Aug 21, 2019 9:38 am

By the way Nova approximatey how much of the Capilean Royal Navy did Nemetz manage to procure when the war broke out? And am I right in assuming that to bolster it he is also refitting formerly retired ships from the Cold War era?

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:31 am

I'll work on my post today whenever I find time, but I can't promise I'll be able to upload it today.

New Decius wrote:By the way Nova approximatey how much of the Capilean Royal Navy did Nemetz manage to procure when the war broke out? And am I right in assuming that to bolster it he is also refitting formerly retired ships from the Cold War era?

The rivalry between the Stoßwehr and the Reichsmarine was not as pronounced as that between the former and the Heer. In fact, Nemetz, in his days as a Field Marshal, conducted several joint campaigns where he worked closely with the navy, leading to some connections between them.
However, very few of the rank-and-file sailors defected to him. I haven't worked on a naval ORBAT (might if I find the time), but let's say that Nemetz is working with a pretty paltry force right now.

A few squadrons of submarines, a few dozen destroyers, and a handful of cruisers. This is complemented, however, by the defection of one Vidkun Reuter, former Großadmiral and commander of the super-heavy battleship Kapilea. Reuter is now the commander of the fleet, and his chief concern is not necessarily securing the Reich's waters, but finding a port where his ships will be protected from enemy bombing runs. This is why the Reich is now striking against the French: it hopes to capture Gravines, Capile's largest shipyard.
In the meantime, Reuter has been outfitting whatever vessels he can get his hands on, as, for the moment, the Reich has no shortage of manpower.

I will also note that the Free French have in their possession a number of vessels- including two unfinished superheavy battleship hulls that were under construction when the war began- that they have had to keep at port for fear of Royalist airstrikes. This is another prize the Reich seeks to gain, which would substantially increase their naval power.

The Wanderer

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:49 am

The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile wrote:I'll work on my post today whenever I find time, but I can't promise I'll be able to upload it today.

New Decius wrote:By the way Nova approximatey how much of the Capilean Royal Navy did Nemetz manage to procure when the war broke out? And am I right in assuming that to bolster it he is also refitting formerly retired ships from the Cold War era?

The rivalry between the Stoßwehr and the Reichsmarine was not as pronounced as that between the former and the Heer. In fact, Nemetz, in his days as a Field Marshal, conducted several joint campaigns where he worked closely with the navy, leading to some connections between them.
However, very few of the rank-and-file sailors defected to him. I haven't worked on a naval ORBAT (might if I find the time), but let's say that Nemetz is working with a pretty paltry force right now.

A few squadrons of submarines, a few dozen destroyers, and a handful of cruisers. This is complemented, however, by the defection of one Vidkun Reuter, former Großadmiral and commander of the super-heavy battleship Kapilea. Reuter is now the commander of the fleet, and his chief concern is not necessarily securing the Reich's waters, but finding a port where his ships will be protected from enemy bombing runs. This is why the Reich is now striking against the French: it hopes to capture Gravines, Capile's largest shipyard.
In the meantime, Reuter has been outfitting whatever vessels he can get his hands on, as, for the moment, the Reich has no shortage of manpower.

I will also note that the Free French have in their possession a number of vessels- including two unfinished superheavy battleship hulls that were under construction when the war began- that they have had to keep at port for fear of Royalist airstrikes. This is another prize the Reich seeks to gain, which would substantially increase their naval power.

Well Reuter is about to have his hands full. One of my Großadmiral’s has a plan to mobilize the core battlegroups of the Kaiserliche Marine’s Hochseeflotte to Capilean waters which will force Reuter to either attempt a breakout operation against the German Navy which would surely result in a battle where he would sustain losses he cannot replace while Germany can, or let the Kaiserliche Marine completely sever all maritime commerce links into Reich territory.

IATA Member

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:17 pm

Made headway on my post today, hopefully it will be published by tomorrow afternoon.

New Decius wrote:
Well Reuter is about to have his hands full. One of my Großadmiral’s has a plan to mobilize the core battlegroups of the Kaiserliche Marine’s Hochseeflotte to Capilean waters which will force Reuter to either attempt a breakout operation against the German Navy which would surely result in a battle where he would sustain losses he cannot replace while Germany can, or let the Kaiserliche Marine completely sever all maritime commerce links into Reich territory.

He won't mind. As with most Fascist dictatorships, the Reich has a nearly closed economy. The civilian population might get restless without their luxury goods, sure, but they'll still be fed thanks to the ample farmland Nemetz controls. As for the military, rare minerals might be harder to come by, but Nemetz will be gambling that by the time his vast stores of surplus military equipment run out, he'll have already overrun sufficient factories to be able to produce his own.

Anyways, Reuter's goal won't be to escape or break your blockade, but just to keep his navy intact until it grows large enough to do either of the aforementioned things.

The Wanderer

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Wed Aug 21, 2019 10:30 pm

So I'm updating the plan a little. I'm keeping four more regiments (exact same troop and vehicle numbers) and two squadrons of multi-role fighters and helicopters in reserve on a flotilla. The cover story will be that they're there if the conflict escalates any further, they'll be deployed along with the existing forces.

New Decius
Senator

Ex-Nation

Postby New Decius » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:04 pm

Karevka wrote:So I'm updating the plan a little. I'm keeping four more regiments (exact same troop and vehicle numbers) and two squadrons of multi-role fighters and helicopters in reserve on a flotilla. The cover story will be that they're there if the conflict escalates any further, they'll be deployed along with the existing forces.

I’m not quite sure just how much more it could escalate. Chemical weapons?

IATA Member

Karevka
Envoy

Ex-Nation

Postby Karevka » Wed Aug 21, 2019 11:18 pm

New Decius wrote:
Karevka wrote:So I'm updating the plan a little. I'm keeping four more regiments (exact same troop and vehicle numbers) and two squadrons of multi-role fighters and helicopters in reserve on a flotilla. The cover story will be that they're there if the conflict escalates any further, they'll be deployed along with the existing forces.

I’m not quite sure just how much more it could escalate. Chemical weapons?

It's a cover story shhhhh

Senator

Iron Fist Consumerists

Postby The Grand Duchy Of Nova Capile » Thu Aug 22, 2019 2:04 pm

Okay, finally got my post up. Sorry if it's not as "high-quality" as the rest of mine have been, I didn't have that long to work on it but I just wanted to publish something to move the RP along.

Apologies in advance if I missed anything, again feel free to bring up anything I addressed unfairly or didn't address here in the thread or with me over TG.

New Decius:

I'm not super well-versed in anti-air tactics, but as far as I know, flak is pretty much the best defense against helicopters. Is this incorrect?

Also, I appreciate the irony of von Sonnenschein's name. ;)

The Wanderer

PreviousNext

Advertisement

Remove ads

Return to International Incidents